Talin-Garde's Demise

Game Master Jing the Bandit


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,102 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Colua nods at Triss and heads back downstairs "Thank you for trying. I'll see what I can do to speed this up"

She heads downstairs and takes a look at the counter. Seeing the gentleman manning it is preparing a large tray of drinks she pretends to be watching the excitement over at the dwarves' table. In actuality she is waiting for the man to deliver the drinks and watching the crowd to make sure they are all distracted.

When he starts to head towards the tables she waits for a moment when no one is looking her way, quickly crouches down, and slips behind the counter to search for any kind of keyring that might be useful upstairs.

Sneak to get in there all quicklike but sneakily, and then back out: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Sleight of Hand to slip keys into her belt (if there are any there): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"Do try not to drink too much." Ileosa requested of her allies. "We do need to be able to move in the morning instead of you two nursing a hang over." She teased with a small laugh. "Oh, you may call me Osa." Ileosa told them politely before taking another drink.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


GM Secrets:

DC 10
Fort Save Barnabus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Fort Save Ella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Fort Save Godfrey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
DC 11
Fort Save Barnabus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Fort Save Ella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Fort Save Godfrey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
DC 12
Fort Save Barnabus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Fort Save Ella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Fort Save Godfrey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
DC 13
Fort Save Barnabus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Fort Save Ella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
DC 14
Fort Save Barnabus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Fort Save Ella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The Inn Master comes over with twelve cups filled with something that stings the eyes with it's potency. Still, the three brave combatants stare each other down from across the table from each other.

Barnabus smiles at Ileosa and raises his first cup to her "A hangover is just your body screaming success at surviving another day!" he said joyously. And with that the first round had begun. Godfrey's words, it seemed, perhaps cursed himself or at least predicted his tolerance well. The first cup goes down the hatch and while he manages not to make a face from it, he can already tell this is not something you should be chugging. His face getting hot quickly.

Still, though the group grinned across the table at each other. With the first cup down, Barnabus opens his coin pouch and puts a gold coin on the table. He nods at the other two who understand the gesture and reasoning. With confidence in their chances, each places forth a gold coin as well. The Dwarves watching are rather surprised even that the humans managed to keep their face with the first cup of good hearty alcohol. They grinned at each other and politely served the group their next round of drinks.

All three of the contestants toss back the next round's drink. While it's effects could be felt by all, no one seemed overly taken by the second round's effects. A round of applause from the Dwarves came about as they all watched for a moment and they served up a third round of drinks, even clapping the two 'humans' on the back in congratulations.

The three cup though began to drag Godfrey into the depths of drunken stupor. Recognizing that he'd black out if he kept up any further and not willing to lose his dignity by falling under the table...He stood up, Ileosa quick to offer a gentle hand to prevent him from stumbling as he does so.

====================================================================

Meanwhile behind the counter, Coloua's hands and eyes start fumbling eagerly to try and find the keyring with the back up keys for the inn. Much to her dismay, it seems that they are not present behind the counter. She may have to try the kitchen, the owners themselves, or perhaps somewhere else to find the item of her quest!


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua glances around for a quick second and continues moving. The kitchen will probably be occupied and the owners themselves will be rough. I'm shadowy but not an actual thief, so pickpocketing is a last resort.

She decides to try out the pantry alcove. She'd noticed staff using it to take a break from time to time, maybe someone left their keys in there.

Not sure if I need to re-roll stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

The first drink is liquid fire down the throat. "What in the blazes is this stuff?" she wonders aloud after slamming down her glass, shuddering the entire table. A coin follows quickly follows.

Second cup is fine. The first one having already coated her throat with searing pain, allowing her to actually taste the second. "Is it... honey. Honey based I mean." her inner alchemist is wondering just how to make this stuff. One more coin to the table.

Third one down, she looks in sympathy at her companion bows out. And in doing so realizes she has that split second delay in her vision, meaning her head moves but it takes just a bit longer for her eyes to adjust.

Not a great sign.

Smiling back at the dwarf, she pulls out another coin. "Ten... think we can make it to Ten?" she asks genuinely curious, grabbing the fourth and downing it with a but of relish.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

"I like to be be successful in all my endeavors, so best get to the business!" Godfrey quips as he accepts the first drink. He sniffs the shimmering gold-brown liquid and instantly regrets it as the burning fumes seem to singe his nose. With a shrug, he knocks it back in a single long gulp. Fighting to suppress a cough, he hoarsely opines, "It's alchemist's fire cut with grain alcohol or I'm a mole."

Having fished out a coin, he waits for the second which he downs with less coughing now that his mouth and throat were nicely numbed. A little shakily, the alcohol not having had time to catch up with him, he fishes a second out of his purse and lets it clatter inelegantly to the table with the rest.

The third, and his final, drink goes down with little enough taste. His eyes begin to swim and he gulps back the sudden feeling of nausea that threatened to overwhelm him. The room seems to swim in and out of focus and he shakes his head in an attempt to clear it. "I at least, do not think I have another in me. I'll be under the seat before I'm halfway through. I will tap out for now, and you leave the drinking to!"

Standing, with a dangerous wobble that is nearly a fall, he performs the most precarious bow any had seen and which might have been fit for a circus tumbler. Ileosa's guiding hand helps him back up from the bow and into a nearby seat where he promptly begins to nod off.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

With gentleness and grace Ileosa rose from her seat to take ahold of Godfrey, ensuring he did not stumble any further. "Dear me death my, look at the state your in. Let's get you back to the room" She coos softly as she helped the magus walk. "That's it, you're doing so well." Ileosa told him as they walked.

She got him up the stairs, though that in and of itself was a challenge, and to his room. Even going so far as to take his room key and open the door from him. "Let me know if I need to get you an alchemist kindness in the morning." She said while laying him down on the bed and helping him get out of his boots and heavier clothing. She didn't even seem to bat an eye.


Slipping into the kitchen, Coloua finds herself in a sweltering environment. With the stove at full broil and a kettle over the fireplace, the room is practically a sauna. But still, the woman manning her station seems perfectly at home here and at ease in the environment.

Looking carefully around the room, Coloua manages to spy the set of keys on a hook on the wall adjacent to lady of the house who is busy whistling away as she braises some meats and vegetables.

Meanwhile back at the front room, the older Dwarf is laughing a bit as Godfrey is taken away to rest. "AHAHAHA...the lad is the one who went down first. I imagined it'd be you little lady." he said grinning. However, when she said they'd go to ten, he grinned further. "Oh ho ho...now there's a surprise, let's see if yah can manage." he said as he continued to ante up a gold coin each time they had another drink.

The Owner of the inn looked a bit bewildered at the statement to go to ten cups of that rotgut but still he took account of what was left on the table and made himself busy with the rest of the drinks to match the request. It seemed he took the challenge as an actual order for that many drinks and he planned to collect on such.

GM Secrets:

DC 15
Barnabus's Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Ella's Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
DC 16
Barnabus's Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Ella's Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
DC 17
Barnabus's Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Ella's Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

The two keep staring each other down as nasty burning drink after another keeps getting downed. The Dwarves are looking back and forth perplexed that anyone is keeping up with their foreman. Four more drinks are down before it seems that even the hardy bodies of the two opponents remaining are starting to get drunk.

It's at this point the old Dwarf gets belligerent. "The hell is this b%%$* made of. She's gotta be using magic! You cheating scoundrel, don't you try and deny it!" he starts yelling, slurred as it may be.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

As the keys are close to the lady of the house, but the drinking is already going on, Coloua tries to balance moving as stealthily as she can while still keeping some amount of speed. She sidles in while the woman is distracted and grabs the keys, immediately slipping them into her belt in case she's seen while leaving.
Sleight of Hand to grab and pocket the keys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

When the woman doesn't react to her presence, Coloua breathes a (silent) sigh of relief and creeps back out of the kitchen to head upstairs to Triss.

When she gets back upstairs, she calls out to Triss "Any luck figuring out what floor they are on? I have the keys here but we have to be quick as the drinking is going pretty fast downstairs"


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella snarls at the dwarf "This b*@&! is just better than yaaa." she slurred that last bit badly. "I mean you are what... HALF my size." she considered lecturing him about density, mass, and the effects of alcohol on both. But went with instead "You got to be pissing this s*@% out of you just to keep up." she goes so far to look under the table to see if there is a puddle under him. Which was a mistake as she nearly ended up in the floor. "Nothing. Do you have magic piss or something, Don't try and deny it!?!" she mocks with a hiccuped laugh.

I guess she can always end up in a drunken brawl with a dozen dwarves to waste time :)


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Godfrey, with Ileosa's assistance, bravely ascends the stairs without casualties. The room spinning, he allows himself to be led into his room and promptly collapses into the bed where the spinning sensation accelerates. Fighting a wave of nausea, he contorts himself into something resembling a bow and slurs, "Thank you for your help. Best night to sleep now!"


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa shook her head slightly as she left Godfrey's room, locking it behind her. She would returned to unlock it and return his key but for now she didn't need a drunken Godfrey trying to move around. Her attention returned to the main task at hand and she made her way back down to Ella and the drinking competition.

However she only ended up feeling like it was an entirely different problem. Sighing heavily Ileosa came up to the table making a tissing sound. "Now now, that wouldn't be poor sportsmanship would it?" Ileosa asked with a small grin. "You spoke of Caden, would I be right in saying you are a follower of his? How do you think he would react to such a thing? One being such a sore loser in a friendly drinking game of all things?"


GM Secrets:

Dwarven Leaders Room on a 5?: 1d5 ⇒ 3

Coloua makes her way back up to the floor she had left Triss on. When she called out to her, she gave her a thumbs up as she managed to open her second door. She peeked her head in and looked around for a moment then sighed. "Not this one either then, two beds that look like they've been occupied. I'd imagine the leader ain't sharing a room when he can let his workers do all the doubling up." she said scratching her head.

She looked over at Coloua "You managed to find the keys then? This should be the right floor, judging by the stench coming off the dirty clothes in these rooms. Smells like a brewery practically." she said in disgust.


The elder dwarf seems to be puffing up in anger the more they drink. Ella's words, not really helping much. When Ileosa spoke to him, he turned his glazing eyes towards her and tilted his head. "Nah why would I be a bloody follower of some human god? You spend enough time with you bastards drinking and you hear plenty about stupid ol Caden! No, I follow Torag like any self respecting dwarf would, him and the whole family! Trials and toil, while only relying on yourself...that's how you prove your mettle to him." he said raising his cup at Ileosa.

He narrows his eyes for a bit before looking back and forth for a minute... "Where'd that boy go? Did the wee little lass have to go to bed cause he was up to late with the grown ups?" he said before laughing out loud. He turned his attention back to Ella. "We're getting no where and you're souring my drinks. That's an offense that only a fist to the face can fix. Don't go being a coward on me, gather up whoever you wish but don't you go grabbing up the guards...Meet me outside in the woods, let's settle this there!" he said leaning in close so that only those involved would hear him. He then stands up and spits on the floor. He picks up the gold he placed down and left the three Godfrey had place. "That's enough to pay the tab...I gotta take a piss, I'll sleep it off outside if I don't make it back before yah close Innkeeper." he said loudly before him and his men shuffled off out of the inn.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, I found them. Thank you for narrowing it down. Let's see if we can find the right one" Coloua quickly goes through the keys, trying until she finds one that fits into one of the remaining doors.

GM:
Not sure how many we have to go through, but she'll keep trying until they find one that looks to have signs that it is the leader's, or one that has any kind of maps or plans laid out.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella laughed eagerly "I don't think your fist can even reach my face!" but doesn't move yet, staying in her seat as the dwarves shuffle out.

The large woman looks up at Ileosa. Quietly she says with a bit of a slur "I'm happy to go, REALLY I am, distracting the motherless hairy toads to hell and back. But once it starts I..." she hesitates, hating showing any kind of weakness. "Once it starts, I might kill them." After seeing enough of Ella's rages and factoring in seven cups of strong drink, it isn't a stretch to understand why she thinks this.

And equally obvious, she is asking for advise.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"I will go with you." Ileosa reassured her. "You listen well to me during combat, thus I believe I might be able to draw you out of your... battle state." She stated with a calm nod.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella will cock an eyebrow, but doesn't press. Just says, "Okay then" then the large woman will rise, stretch a bit, to cover a little of a wobble, and follows the short hairy men to beat the blood out of their sacks.


Ella begins making her way out of the inn not long after the dwarves, Ileosa following along. The two walk silently through the sleeping town, avoiding the gaze of the guards as they slip out of the edge of town. It doesn't take them too long to figure out the woods that the Dwarf had said he'd meet them in. But, perhaps a bit surprisingly, there he stood ready for a battle.

Barnabus Eisenbauch stood there decked out in his Half Plate and sporting a rather intimidating looking Greatsword. Though it was notched with man years of use, it still remained sharp and showing the craftmanship born ages ago. He stands up off a log he had been sitting on and pointed the blade at her "Out here, no one will interrupt us and ain't no guards to call the victor out for dueling. I'll make you eat those words lass!" he said half drunk and all angry.

The ten other dwarves stood there looking back and forth between themselves nervously. Each of them holding only a warhammer. They looked at Ella as if they'd seen this too many times before and with too many bad scenes that they could remember...

====================================================================

Meanwhile back in the Inn, Coloua and Triss continue working their way through the doors till they at last spot the one with only a single bed in use. Triss nods her head to Coloua to let her slip in first. She raises a finger to let her know she'll be right back and slips away and down the stairs quietly.

Less than a minute later she comes back up and closes the door quietly behind the two of them, leaving them in the Foreman's room. "Looks like Ileosa and Ella did a good job distracting those dwarves, I couldn't see any of them in the tavern. It's practically a ghost town down there now...I'd say we can take our time." she says confidently.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Before they start, Coloua's centipede heads out into the stairwell to watch for any dwarves returning. If one is seen she will alert Coloua through their empathic link (nervousness/concern) so they can hide or exit in time.

Coloua starts going through the room, searching for any maps of Balentyne or notes about the improvements that the dwarves are making. While doing the search she is careful to put everything back in place and if anything is found she copies it into her journal leaving the originals in the room so as to leave no sign that they were there.

Perception (take 20): 20 + 8 = 28


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

On the way to the clearing, Ella chooses to drink down her disgusting mutagen, not thinking she stood a chance at losing to the half pint, she still couldn't live it down if she did.

At the clearing, Ella lets out a surprised "Huh" but not an unhappy one. "And here I was all worried about keeping myself from ripping you limb from limb." she spreads her hands out, showing the claws at the end of her steel gauntlets.

intimidation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 ugh...

Her attempts to scare the dwarf is completely ruined the eagerness in her voice, and the hiccup in mid sentence.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa place a hand upon Ella's shoulder, causing her to pause for a minute as she stepped forth to speak. "I'm not going to stop this, but that said I am going to ensure that this is fair. You said that you are a Torag worshiper yes? So I'm sure that if I have your word and those who will always be here I know you will keep it." Ileosa explained. "You two will fight this out, but it will only be you two. I will sit out and only intervene if I believe my friend will kill you, and thus yours will sit out unless it seems like you are going to kill my friend. This fight will not be to the death, but I'm more than willing for both of you to beat each other stupid." She stated. "Deal?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Coloua and Triss make their way through the room, finding in particular a map of the entire watchtower. However, Coloua notices that the secret passage is not on the map.

Apart from that, they find very little beyond a ledger describing costs, labor hours, etc from this job and jobs of the past.

====================================================================

Back with Ella and Iloesa, the hostile Elder Dwarf stares at Ileosa as she preaches to him about his own religion. He snarls slightly at her knowing that particular bit about how his word must be his bond. He looks back to his men.

He turns his attention back to Ileosa "Your in no place to giving no demands child, but I'll respect my god and his laws. But this is a duel, there's no point in iffin there ain't nothing on the line. On my honor and those of my family line and our company...Should I die, my men will pack up and leave. Provided your partner is the only one fighting and ye don't interfere and try to save her with words or otherwise. And as such, my men will also not interfere and watch silently." he said angrily.

"Regardless, no one will speak of what happens here tonight. To the guards or otherwise. One of my men will go back to leave a note in me room iffin I die and the money for the job we didn't finish." he said snarling a bit.

He looked at Ileosa "In return, should she die...I'll be taking all her valuables and she gets this forest in an unmarked grave as her tomb." he said grinning.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua waves Triss over to show her the map that was found, and asks Triss to doublecheck that they have left no sign of their entry while she makes a detailed copy of it in her journal. Although the secret passage is not shown on the map she makes note of underground locations where it might enter the watchtower.

While copying, she has a realization and whispers excitedly to Triss "If that secret passage is not shown here, that means that those inside the tower might not even be aware of its existence, or at least that very few of them do. This actually bodes quite well for us."

After making the copy, they exit the room and lock it behind them. "Thank you again for your help here. I hope the others are doing well wherever they are."

She heads downstairs with two goals in mind. She needs to find her friends, and she needs to try and put the keys back before it is noticed that they were missing.

By chance is the path to where the keys were open? If not I might have to perform some shenanigans again.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"And you're so drunk your words are not stringing together well." Ileosa muttered with a sigh.

Ileosa turned to Ella, reached out a gently caressed her cheek. "This is your choice my dear. I will support you in whatever you choose." She promised smiling at her. "I've faith in you, after all you've never failed me before."

Then her eyes glanced over at the dwarf.

Perception or Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 One less on SM

Looking for weaknesses in his armor or stance. Oh and a Stealth roll to not be noticed doing it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella stares for a moment at the smaller woman, her eyes obviously in thought as if trying to understand. The changeling is not stupid, but people... especially Ileosa, perplex her to no end. Shaking her head, she looks to her opponent, deciding angry drunk dwarves are much less dangerous any day of the week.

Stepping toward the elder dwarf, she rolls her massive shoulders, losing up a bit, before settling in a stance, feet apart, hands low and spread. She says simply, "I will break you, your honor, and all who holds that dear, little man."

As she stares at him, she wills her mother's black magic into her gaze, attempting to eat his concentration away before the first blow.

using the bloodrager's evil eye ability before the battle - Evil Eye (2 rounds, 6/day, DC 14) (Su) 6As a std action, afflict 1 foe in 30 ft with –2 penalty to AC and attack for 2 rounds.


Ileosa:

While he has been a craftsman by choice for a long time, this grizzled Dwarf is a veteran of many battles. Don't let the fact that he has a temper, drinks too much, and has retired into a foreman's position fool you, this man once proudly made his money by the sword.

GM Secrets:

Evil Eye save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Initiative Barnabus: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Initiative Ella: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Seeing Ella adopt something of a battle stance, the Dwarf moves in and lets lose the first blow!

EVIL BARNABUS ACTION!!!:

Greatsword swipe!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage if hit: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

There is some heft in the old man's attack, surprising for his age. The greatsword comes down hard upon Ella's armor, but the breastplate holds and Ella is able to use his momentum to swing the blade out of the way.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

On her way to the first floor, Coloua uses her circlet to appear differently than usual, so that if she is seen returning the keys the blame will hopefully not fall onto her group.

She takes her time returning them, waiting until noone is looking before entering the kitchen, and only placing them back on the hook when the lady of the house affords her an opportunity.

EVIL COLOUA ACTION!!!:

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Evil GM Stuffs:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The lady of the house is still at work prepping some bread to rise for the next day. However, her ears are like that of a hawk and she hears the ever so subtle creak of the door as it opens to let Coloua into the kitchen.

She turns about expecting to find her husband only to see a small woman. "Ah, codsarnit. That good for nothing husband of mine, he must've slipped away early to get himself a few drinks in himself before bed. Come on in dearie, I reckon you're looking for yourself a midnight snack yes? Come come, sit by the fire. It's rare that I get a chance to speak to any of our guests." she offered, seeming quite earnest in her thoughts and actions.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

"Good evening Ma'am" Coloua timidly responds. "A snack or a nightcap would be nice, but I actually came in with a different goal in mind." She steps towards the table and watches what the woman is doing with the dough. "Um, I've been working very hard on teaching myself to cook properly but I've had no real training. I came to visit my friends who are staying here and found them out doing Mitra knows what, considering the hour. I was about to leave when I remembered having enjoyed eating here and thought maybe I could ask to watch and learn a little?" She looks down at her feet abashed and continues "Of course I don't wish to impose..."

Diplomacy to make request: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
or bluff to convince her of my story? either way it's the same bonus


GM Secrets:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

The lady stares at Coloua for a moment, her scrutinizing eyes showing she doesn't quiet believe the story she is being told. She shakes her head "It always throws me off guard you smallfolk, you look so much younger than what you are. I was looking to be making a rum cake anyways so I hope you don't mind something stronger?" she asked.

She turned about and grabbed a small mug off the shelf and poured a bit for herself and some for Coloua. She stares at her "Alright then, iffin you want to get your hands dirty...then why don't we see how you go about helping me make the stew for tomorrow. Getting the fat melting and all the good broth from the bones and old vegetables takes time and effert. And you can't make good stew without a really good base, no matter how good the fresh ingredients are." she said going over to the corner and grabbing a spare chair from the office.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Although it started as a ruse, Coloua is now excited about learning how to make a good stew. She replies with true enthusiasm "Thank you so much Ma'am!" She accepts the mug and takes a small sip, and then positions herself on the chair to assist. "Before we begin, I do want to remind you I'm pretty new at this. I truly appreciate any advice or instruction you can provide, and you probably shouldn't let me take the lead or you might not have happy customers tomorrow."

With that she puts herself into the work as hard as she can, letting the lady show her how to create a good base, the proper way to slice meats and vegetables to get the best mixture of taste, the most efficient way to break bones for marrow, and anything else that she can learn. For as long as the woman lets her assist she continues to work, but always keeps an eye out for when she might have a moment out of view to return the keys.

Profession(cook): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

My computer is in a maybe will live sometime tonight stage. Lovely, but borrowed my kids to post.

rage, mutagen, ac balances out, +8 str, +4 con, 8 temp hp, -2 int, +2 will
attack claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
attack claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Ella's fury blossoms in her eyes, along with an almost feral grin. The large woman twists to the side letting his sword spark against her steel plate, then ripping downward with her jagged claws at her opponent's exposed face.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa takes a seat in the grass and watched the fight between the two. She wished she had taken some tea or maybe some sweets out for this show, but that would have been a little out of place.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Realized that although I mentioned watching for a chance to return the keys while cooking I probably need a roll.
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.
Even if she manages to return them she's gonna continue helping prep stew because she honestly and legitimately wants to learn


GM Secrets:

Profession Cook: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The innkeeper's wife watches you with earnest for a bit. She is able to see that Coloua's words are true in that she is but a young maiden learning the art. She sighs in something like that of a old matron watching her charge stumble through her first trials.

She nods as she instructs and shows Coloua how to make the cuts for the vegetables even and how to know when something has rotted beyond use even in broth. Because of her care and focus in showing the girl the proper ways of the kitchen...Coloua is able to find a moment to carefully slip the keys back onto their holder. Still, the lesson is quite inspiring, despite all the work that the Innkeeper's wife has to do to make up for Coloua's inexperience.

======================================================================

Back on the battlefield! Ella's claws find the faults in the man's choice in armor. For her many battles, Ella had learned that the more armor covers a man, the better it is to target the joints! And she does just that, claws ripping open the protective layer and digging deep into the flesh beneath.

The man snarls and swipes with his arm to remove Ella's claws from his skin and takes a few steps before he finds his next moment to strike!

GM secrets!:

Greatsword attack!!!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage if hit: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

This time though, the man's greatsword finds it's way under Ella's defenses. The tip of the blade digging deep into the muscles of her abdomen!

Apart from the warriors growls of anger and grunts of pain, the forest is eerily silent. The dwarves watching their foreman have kept completely silent and carefully watching their master in battle as if they were afraid to speak up for fear the greatsword might try to find purchase in them instead.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

attack claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13
attack claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14

Ella's grunt of pain is all she gives the dwarf. Her first claw swings wide, but is enough to make him step back, getting that bastard of a great sword out of her guts, and leaving him open for another gouging of her claws into his joints.

Always forget about this trait, axe to grind, "You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage against foes who are threatened by only you." so applying it to the above damage.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

attack confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12


Ella continues thrashing against the elder Dwarf, he first blow glancing off his armor as she aims for the joint. The second claw comes close to breaking the bone clean in two, the arm threatening to fall off.

GM secrets:

Greatsword attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage if hit: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

The elder dwarf is looking worse for wear to be sure, and his arm starts to fail him as he takes another swipe, this time his blade going very wide.

He pants slightly as he tries to keep his vision from blurring. Blood is flowing freely on the battlefield and the soil is having a hard time soaking it all up.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

No quarter, no even thought about it, Ella steps out of his clumsy swipe and then savagely back in, tearing up with her claws into him. Arms, joints, face. No playing, just killing, as always.

claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13

more rolls:

claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12

even more rolls:

claw 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
claw 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13


Ella's hand slides in. The benefit of half plate is that the plates overlap making it difficult for rigid weapons to slip in and find the vitals. But Ella's choice of weapons aren't rigid, and she takes advantage of them to slip those claws between the plates near the chest.

There is a squelch and a screech of claws on metal as her second claw barely misses it's mark. The greatsword swings feebly, but the Dwarves grasp fails him completely midstroke and it goes rolling across the ground. Suddenly, he coughs up blood and the eyes lose their light and goes glassy. His body shudders slightly before, he goes crashing to the ground with a loud clatter. A look of crazed laughter on the dead man's face, as if this was the type of death he'd been chasing since he retired to the life of a craftsman.

The forest goes quiet and then the dwarves stand up one by one and pull off their hats and bow their heads. Each one walks up in turn and upends a sack of coin upon the body. The final one does so and then looks up at the two of you "It's me duty to go gather our belongings, I'll not ask for any kind of mercy. The doddering old fool would've killed me for doing so. Still, take the gold and his belongings but allow up to carry away his body back to the mountains." he says simply and doesn't wait for the answer to his request as he goes to fulfill his job.

GM Secrets:

Coin?: 20d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 6, 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2, 5) = 70


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa smiled as the foolish dwarf fell to the ground. Slowly she stood and walked to Ella as the dwarves dumped coin upon the body. Taking her waterskin and a cloth, Ileosa herself began to wash Ella's hand clean of all the blood.

"We will not stand in the way of a proper burial." Ileosa spoke as she continued to clean Ella up. While the dwarves set about taking the body away Ileosa spoke to Ella. "I am very proud of you." Ileosa told the changeling, "You've never failed me."


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella's shoulder heave as she stares down at the dying dwarf, venting as much of her rage as possible to keep from charging the other workers.

Ileosa arrival at her side, gets a moment of that focused fury behind the mismatched eyes, before the large woman manages to fully get ahold of herself.

Watching the smaller woman clean off her claws, Ella's eyes turn to confusion once again. Depending on people and having them depend on you is still new territory from the changeling, even with the months of training they all went through. "We all do what we can." she mutters, deflecting the complement as best as she can "Killing is just what I'm good at." she'll shake her head as if to clear it and then will crouch to start collecting their spoils. "Your words kept the others at bay. I only defeated one. You defeated ten."


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Unaware of the violence outside and consumed by the deep dreamless sleep of the inebriated, Godfrey snores softly in his bed in the inn.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Unaware of the violence outside and consumed by the desire to make the best stew she can make, Coloua continues to assist the Innkeeper's wife in the kitchen.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"And you defeated the one I can not." Ileosa said as she finished everything up and putting it away. "We all must stick to what we're good at my dear. Tis why I keep you around with a smile. Always so dutiful." Ileosa told Ella gently.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"Dutiful?" Ella laughs low at the word, an improvement over this time last year where she might have tried to beat someone bloody over it. She opens her mouth to snap or banter or speak something but remembers the dwarves who are still around in various stages of depression.

'Servant is what you're playing at, Trisella' Ella reminds herself. 'And servants don't snap at getting compliments from their employers.' so she sighes instead, hoists the pile of stuff over her shoulder, and gestures forward "Ready when you are, Mistress."

Sczarni

Bard (Arcane Healer) 2 Init +3| Perception +3 | HP 15/15| AC 17/13T/14FL| Fort 1/Ref 6/Will 1|

The Dwarf's things are dutifully removed and are presented to Ella as her reward for winning the duel.

With the new goods in tow and a bit of gold as well, the two make their way back through the somber woods. The night is in full bloom and the creatures have started to serenade the world by the time they make it back into the edge of town.

It takes a bit of careful navigating to dodge all the guards walking about patrolling but the group makes it back to the inn only to find it locked. At the rattling of the door for the second time since the innkeeper had gone to bed, Triss surprisingly answered the door.

She looked at the two woman and raised a brow "I thought you lot might have disappeared out into the night after I went to check your rooms for you after noticing the bar was empty. Apparently the doors get locked around here after the tavern portion clears out. A dwarf came through a bit earlier looking all dejected. What's his problem?" she asked curiously.

====================================================================

An hour or two goes by in the kitchen where Coloua and the innkeeper's wife work hard on prepping the stock for the stew tomorrow. Once everything is carefully prepped and the pot is brought to a nice simmer, she looks at Coloua and nods "And that's about it. The secret to a good soup or stew is in the stock. You can have all the fancy fresh ingredients you want but if yah ain't got but some weak watery mess to cook it in, then you ain't got a good meal." she said happily.

She looked proud at the simmering pot "Now then, it'd be wrong of me to keep yah up all night waiting stock simmer. Go on, off to bed with yah. You'll see the results of our hard work tomorrow. I've got a room nearby so I can easily check on in ever couple of hours." she said as she began cleaning up and taking off her apron.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua bows her head to the innkeeper's wife. "Thank you very much, madam. I appreciate not only your guidance, but that you took the time to give it to me. Good night, and good thoughts." I wonder if there's a way to keep this one alive when the bugbears come...

She goes through the motions of cleaning herself up a bit and bows her head again appreciatively before she heads out into the inn proper to see how the others have fared.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella shrugs "His boss decided his honor was more important than his life."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,102 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Talin-Garde's Demise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.