Talin-Garde's Demise

Game Master Jing the Bandit


901 to 950 of 1,102 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"It will be done." Ileosa said as she took the the firework. "I do believe you will keep everything right on your end."


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

"No earlier then two weeks from now and no later then a month from now we will have opened the door to Talingarde for you." There is no trepidation or hesitation in Godfrey's assertion. "We will do our part to ensure the Lord of the Ninth's righteous ascension."


Sakkarot grunts and nods. “Thorn has faith in you. If you weren’t his best, he wouldn’t have sent you. Do this and your names will be legend." he says before standing up.

He pokes his head out his hut and begins barking orders, literally, at two of his guards. There is some scrambling but quickly it is clear that he has made sure that Coloua's request has been filled. He looks at Godfrey and the others before looking down at the Kobold and pausing.

He walks over to the creature and grabs him by the back of the neck and lifting him easily off the ground before stuffing him in the barrel. "It would be best not to let others see him walking as such easy prey." he offered as his only explanation.

He offered for them to stay in his hut if they wished for the night but it was evident that the earlier stressing of the time crunch and potential fallout of Bugbears forgetting their loyalty, that it was time to make haste back to the ship.

Sakkarot had his Lieutenants lead the group back to the ship, offering from the doorway of his hut a resounded slam of his fist on his breastplate followed by a Hail Asmodeus.

Captain Kargeld is standing, waiting for the first sighting of the Villains. He makes a good showing of not showing fear but is still itching to get the hell out of here. The shipment has been unloaded and there are cuts on the gankplank showing that a showing of force to push back a Bugbear or three from 'inspecting' the crew of the ship.

He comments loudly as the first of friendly footsteps start up the plank. "I was beginning to bet I would have to defend my ship before you'd returned. Can't trust these creatures, especially the big un. Look in that one’s eyes. He’s smart, always plotting.. Bugbears should not be smart.

He already starts whistling and raising hell as the group barely manages to set foot on the ship with Barrel of fun delivered. The anchor is raised and the gangplank is tucked away as sails are unfurled. The FrostHamar is off again.

The Villains are back in the comforts of their temporary home for a week this time, the Captain making no efforts to hide his anger and frustration at not having been paid enough to deal with the bugbears and his annoyance at the group for taking as long as they did. Finally the final night of the voyage comes upon the ship. Captain Kargeld is smart, taking no chances of failure and brings the ship in under the cover of night and uses the fog coming off the lake to hide the ships undertakings. He pulls up close to the southern shore, probably a half a days walk to the small town of Aldencross and the great Tower Balentyne.

He sets his men busy with loading a jolly with all that the Villains brought upon his ship, preparing to have two of his men row the lot of yah to shore and be off before the sun rises.

Since the visit from the fey and the bugbears, something has been off with the Captain, once he was only prepared to sail his ship but now his men and himself were steeled for some other ridiculous nonsense to befall them and threaten to take their lives.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

In the recent past:

Godfrey watches impassively as his newly acquired minion is stuffed unceremoniously in a barrel. "A wise choice, I'm sure."

On returning to the ship, he merely nods his greeting to the captain before descending with the barrel in tow. Once there, he knocks free the top and frees the kobold. "We travel now to complete other tasks for my master. You will aid us..." Godfrey pauses, frowning, "What was your name again?"

After hearing his replay, he continues, "We have important work to do and you will likely cause suspicion. Can you hide yourselves in the wild in a way that no one can find you? Perhaps find yourself another 'Wolf'?"

Godfrey watches the men as they scurry about loading his gear into the jolly under the stinging lash of Kargeld's tongue. When they appear close to completion, he smiles and pulls a heavy purse free from his belt. In a commanding voice, he calls to the crew, "You have served well and deserve a reward for your loyal service. This trip has not been easy and you've done your jobs admirably despite the hardship. I've been authorized to reward you-" he looks to the captain, "-all of you- for your service above what was agreed. Consider this just reward to be an inducement to work for us again." Smiling, he motions to the crew, indicating they should line up ahead of him, "No shoving now, form a line and it's a hefty bit of silver for each of you."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

When the time is right:

Godfrey smiles, watching the line of waiting men in front of him. He holds up a hand -indicating that the bearded sailor in front of him should wait a moment- and looks Captain Kargeld in the eye. Letting a wicked grin creep over his face, he says, "Cardinal Thorne sends his regards, captain. Blits fun kolirn!"

Casting Color Spray on as many as I can after they're good and lured in.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

During the week of travel:
Coloua watches nervously while Godfrey's new lackey is shoved into her barrel. Her barrel, damnit! When they arrive on the ship and the kobold is released she carefully inspects her new goods and breathes a sigh of relief before putting the bugbears' signal flare, her bunyip skull, and her seal pelt inside the barrel and she closes it up again.

Later that evening, she begins feeling a strange sensation in her abdomen, and after realizing that it is not some new activity by her insect supporters, she rushes on deck and spends the rest of the night huddled by the railing, occasionally spitting bile into the sea. Although the pain is excruciating, anyone who approaches to check on her can see that she is smiling, and the occasional whisper escapes her mouth. "worth it..."

During the week, she divides some of her time between getting to know the new member of the group, speaking with the others, and making plans for the end of their journey. The vast majority of her time is spent alone as usual, reading through her journals, making notes, and staring into the distance in thought while her centipede familiar sits on her shoulder, almost as if the two were having some sort of communion.

While Godfrey lines the men up on deck, Coloua takes a position near him, watching as her barrel is put into the jolly while she mumbles and plays with a small piece of leather. Casting Mage Armor Although she doesn't show any undue attention to the activities on deck, she watches carefully for Godfrey's signal.

When the time is right:

As soon as Godfrey finishes his incantation she waits to see if any of the crew are unaffected. As soon as she is sure, she pulls out a ceremonial dagger and plunges it into her own thigh with a yell.
Casting Bloodbath, targeting up to 3 enemies, concentrating on the crew first and only targeting the Captain if there are less than 3 crew members still standing. DC17 Fort save or take 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage at beginning of turn for 3 turns


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

On the voyage, Ella perches somewhere most days, reading her borrowed books. Then rereading them since there is absolutely nothing else to do. The one on dissection is her favorite, especially the parts on grafting parts of animals together with alchemy. The lovely possibilities. Ash spends his days, burying himself in her lap, when he is not trying to actively eat Coloua's pet. Playfully of course, as the two are knotmates.

On the day of days, when the captain will get gutted forever more, she gives the others a grim smile, before downing her homemade strength brew and going up to the deck. She knows lying is not her strength so she stays silent, guarding Ileosa as her cover requires. A fact that also keeps her close the captain.


Gm Secrets:

Will Save S1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Will Save S2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Will Save S3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Will Save S4: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Ella Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Godfrey Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ileosa Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Coloua Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Captain Kargeld Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Sailor1 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Sailor2 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Sailor3 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Sailor4 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sailor5 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Sailor6 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Sailor7 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Sailor8 Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Fort Save 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fort Save 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fort Save 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fort Save 8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sailor1: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Sailor3: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Godfrey's plan seems to go off without a hitch. Men are easily deceived when greed is involved. A flash of brilliant colors flair out from his hand and suddenly two of the men collapse while the other two look between each other confused by their friends sudden collapse. The other four look around as suddenly three of them start spurting blood.

The knowledge of what has transpired has dawned on the Captain's face but his reflexes are dulled by his constant vigilance over the last few days.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

The week:
A week, on the ship again... bored. That was what Ileosa had to look foreword to as the days dragged by. So to pass the time she planned and strategized for their up coming mission, spending most of her time alone. Each player within their Knot had been chosen for a reason, and thus each had a part to play. So Ileosa would do all she could to ensure minimal risk on their part.

When the time came for them to leave the ship Ileosa listened to Godfrey's words and nodded. She agreed with what he was trying to do. Waiting at the side she grinned when two men fell over. "Ella dearest, do me the favor of removing the Captian's inner organs. The kidneys would be fair place to start." Ileosa suggested.

Action: Combat Advice to Ella.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

The slackening of Captain Kargeld's jaw as the justice that his impudence so richly deserved unfolds before him is as sweet a sight as Godfrey can recall since the miserable voyage had started. Fool man, did you think we would forget? Grinning viciously, he continues his assault by drawing his blade and remorselessly hacking into the nearest man still standing and not spewing blood. The stench of burning blood fills the air as his arcane-warded blade slices through armor and flesh like butter.

Swift action to turn on Arcane Pool, move action to draw blade, and standard to hack someone down (hopefully).

black blade 2h attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
black blade 2h damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Edit: confirmation

black blade 2h attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
black blade 2h damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13


GM Secrets:

Godfrey AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21
Sailor2 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Sailor4 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Sailor5 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Sailor6 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sailor7 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sailor8 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Captain Kargeld: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Damage if hit, Godfrey: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage if hit, Sailor: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage if hit, Captain Kargeld: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Crit Damage if hit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Godfrey's Target: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The deck explodes into action. Godfrey's blade finds it's first victim, a flash of green light partially blinds Godfrey's senses for a moment and the man falls. Instead of a giant cut, two huge fang marks? are left in the dead man's still body.

The other sailors step forwards moving to surround the Swordsman. Swords and shields are drawn and a flurry of blades clashing as the man in the middle dances about catching blades and even returning an attack himself. But the overwhelming number of men bearing down on him gets though his defenses. His back and sides are burning as three blades out of four find their marks.

Captain Kargeld snaps out of his stupor as Ileosa demands his blood. He turns towards Ella and snarls "I've been waiting to sink my axe in your hide. I'll find a worthy battle out of you! I killed my brother to get this ship, and I'll kill the lot of yah to keep her." he says before his muscles buldge and he grips his great axe tightly before slamming it into Ella's side, breaking straight through her armor.


=====================================================================
The Week Long Voyage
=====================================================================

The first evening back, barely underway and sailing. The entire ship is serenaded by Coloua as she proceeds to become VIOLENTLY ILL. Triss attempts to help but basically spends the entire time making sure Coloua doesn't tip over the railings and rubbing her back offering encouraging words. This is perhaps the most painful retching that any of you have ever heard. But, despite this, the little Wayang seems pleased with herself once she is able to recover for a few moments.

Godfrey inspects his new slave?, minion? With a few questions and some kindness the Kobold warms up enough to speak to those that seem to be Godfrey's companions. Draa'lik seems cordial enough for a Kobold. When told to hide while he's on the ship, he nods and he is actually very difficult to find but seems to show up wherever someone is looking for him after a few minutes. When asked what he will do once they get to their destination, he nods saying that he will go into the woods and wait for the signal while he finds himself another wolf to tame.

======================================================================


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella responses with a simple statement "You are nothing, to us or Asmodeus. Your precious ship will be burned to ash and cinders and no one will even remember you existed." a quick jab to his ego and his precious ship. Then she growls and goes into a rage.

attack, claws, combat advice, raging, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 = 17
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15

attack, claws, raging, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12

Hmm... bad rolls guys, sorry. Ella's natural armor bonus negates the rage minus. She was at 21 ac (captain just hits) and now she is back to 19.


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Momentarily stunned by the flash of green, Godfrey's expert defense fails him and he's soon bleeding from the furious slashes of desperate sailors. Grunting in pain, he has no time to contemplate the anomaly of his sword's wounding strikes. He launches into a fearsome arcane and mundane assault, his sword spitting sparks before it discharges with a flash of thunder.

Spell combat attacking one guy first then casting shocking grasp and attacking a different guy. Prioritizing non-bloody guys.

black blade attack 1 w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 28
black blade damage 1 w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12

Concentration to cast defensively L1: DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

black blade attack 2 w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 27
black blade damage 2 w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12

Shocking Grasp if attack 2 hits: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) = 13

Edit: ok that is some hits... adding some crit confirms.

black blade attack 1 confirm w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 26
black blade damage 1 confirm w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 8

black blade attack 2 confirm w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 19
black blade damage 2 confirm w/ SC/AP/IC: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 9

Shocking Grasp confirm if attack 2 hits: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5) = 14


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Bleeding:
1d6 ⇒ 2

Coloua wades into the melee, ignoring the captain for now and striking out at one of the already bleeding crew members.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa's eyes narrowed when the Captain attacked Ella. "Halt! Ileosa declared, magic thick in the word.

Command Will DC 15 On a fail the subject must remain in place and take not action on it's turn.

"Now I will say it again Ella, and you know I don't like to repeat myself. Remove his inner organs." Ileosa demanded.

Combat advice to Ella again.


GM Secrets:

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21
Sailor 5: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Sailor 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sailor 7: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
Sailor 8: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Captain Kargeld: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage if hit: 1d12 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Ella springs into action and rakes two long claws from each hand down Captain Kargeld's chest, blood oozing freely from the wounds. Godfrey holds his ground and there is two more flashes of green before a sudden explosion of noise. Two more men fall one's body marked and reeking of ozone as his flesh shows signed of his body having been used as a lightning rod. The men still standing continue to drip blood and Coloua steps out from behind Godfrey to slam her little stick into the thigh of her opponent.

The sailors pivot and Godfrey is surrounded on all sides trying to fight off attacks from all angles. One of the Sailors strikes out at Coloua but she's far smaller than he's used to fighting and he misses wide. Godfrey manages to catch the blade of one of the men but he is treated to two swords impaling his back. Blood begins to flow freely from Godfrey's many wounds and he's starting to show signs of being overwhelmed.

The Captain freezes at Ileosa's word. His head head turns angrily her way and his muscles bulge from straining before he raises the axe high again and slams it down on Ella's chest.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Bleed (third and final round): 1d6 ⇒ 4

Coloua feels the blood from her self-inflicted wound spike in pain again and then start to dry up. Glancing around she notices that the fight isn't going exactly as planned. Something here has to change

She calls out to Draa'lik "Godfrey saved you from those goblin bastards, come help him out with these humans!" and then turns her attention to the captain. She bellows in rage at him while pointing at his face threateningly.
Cause Fear: DC 17 Will save or be frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds. If save made, shaken for 1 round.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

attack, claws, combat advice, raging, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15

attack, claws, raging, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13

crit attack, claws, raging, mutagen: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13

Ella should call Triss for help, but two wounds and a massive amount of rage makes the large woman want more than anything to do what Ileosa is commanding, to dig into man's flesh until he screams with everything he has.

Ella is done to 10 hit points. But did 41!


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

aao:

attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Surrounded on three sides by his foes, Godfrey grunts in pain as he parries and slashes with abandon. Bleeding profusely from three cuts, he fights with the desperate strength of a man who's only hope is to kill or be killed. "Lord of the Ninth take you all!"

Spell combat to cast brand and keep swinging. Focus on a target at a time until it falls.

black blade attack w/ IC/SC/AP: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 17
black blade damage w/ IC/SC/AP: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12

Concentration to cast defensively L0: DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

black blade attack w/ IC/SC/AP: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
black blade damage w/ IC/SC/AP: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 13


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"Right then." Ileosa said as she summoned her power once more and covered herself with the magic.

"Triss please ensure that Ella will survive another round with that so called Captain." Ileosa requested.

True Strike on Ileosa.


GM Madness:

Captain Kargeld's Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 3 = 25
Sudden Pouncing Kobold Mouth first!!!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Kobold claws!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Kobold claws!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Captain Kargeld Strikes!: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29

Damage if hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage if hit: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage if hit: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage if hit: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Triss's CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Crit confirmation?: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10
Damage if crit?: 2d12 + 20 ⇒ (7, 4) + 20 = 31

Godfrey's blade keeps swinging true, the three sailors left surrounding him were looking woozy before the blade found flesh. Two quick strikes and two more sailors drop to the deck. Coloua shouts at Draa'lik and the kobold suddenly springs out from behind the rain barrels and lands on the last sailor's back. His jaw snapping at the man's neck while the sailor tries to hold him off with his shield.

Something isn't right about him though, large claws where once there were small dexterous hands and the muscles in his legs were thicker and built for pouncing on it's victims. The claws find purchase on the sailor's arm and flays the skin off causing the man to scream and pass out from shock, dropping the kobold to the deck. He hisses angrily.

Triss slips up behind Ella and healing magic pulses into her back, wounds start attempting to knit back up. However, Captain Kargeld looks around frantically perhaps to run before he raises his axe and finds that his only way out is through Ella. He drops it viciously down onto Ella. The blow causing Ella's legs to start to buckle. Kargeld roars in frustration as he pushes on his axe trying to cleave her in two but Ella strains back, holding him off for the moment, her life starting to flash before her eyes.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Still staring at Captain Kargeld in fury, Coloua doesn't even notice the last sailors near her going down. As he trades blows with Ella, she continues to scream at him and reaches into her pouch to grab a small bone fetish.

Boneshaker: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 3) = 14 damage and push him 5' back from Ella. DC18 Fort save to take half damage and no movement.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Attack: 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 5 = 36
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1
*sighs* I'm really starting to despise combat...

Ileosa took aim at the captain and took a shot. The bolt of course found the mark, though hardly made a mark.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

attack, claws, raging, mutagen, inspire: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
damage, axe to grind: 1d4 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 15

attack, claws, raging, mutagen, inspire: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 1 = 25
damage, axe to grind, inspire: 1d4 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14

Ella roars in pain as the ax digs into her shoulder, tearing through her flesh. Her legs give, driving her to knees, making her look up at this man for the first time. Her eyes are near feral, mismatched pools of hate and rage, and she pushes against his ax, pulling herself to her feet no matter the strength against her. Another roar almost deafening in the man's face, then her claws tear and cleave at his arms, cutting bone and flesh like butter.


Captain Kargeld stands over Ella bearing down, the axe pressing harder as Ella strains against him. Ileosa takes aim and fires. The bolt fires true but Kargled's head is shaking from rage and strain. The bolt pierces through one cheek and out the other. Kargeld snaps his jaws shut and breaks the bolt in half, screaming in pain and anger.

Coloua moves in and grabs her little fetish. She starts squeezing it's waist. Kargeld's face contorts a bit in pain as Ella can hear the man's ribs cracking and breaking but the Captain's mind goes blank from shock, his muscles pushing through out of pure Adrenaline but it's enough for Ella to push herself back up to her feet.

She shoves him off her, the axe still buried in her chest before each clawed hand buries into a different shoulder. He roars in anger at the Captain's face before ripping downwards with all her strength. There is a sickening pop as tendons break and the Captains arms fall to the deck.

He stands there, his head facing up into the sky, his muscles taunt as his body dies. His balance and tensed muscles keep the body upright, the body cools and his body goes rigid.

Godfrey watches for a brief moment before he steps forwards and quickly swings his blade cutting through both of the unconscious men's necks. There is a pause and the only sound is the sound of the wind blowing. After a minute, everyone just looks around at the carnage and the broken bodies of their comrades.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua steps up next to Ella and looks down at the body with a grim smile on her face. When a stray spurt of blood from Ella's wounds hits her, she looks up and sees how much damage was done. She quietly pulls out a small vial of what looks like blood and drips a single drop onto the skin of Ella's hand.

Enjoy having fast healing 1 for 10 rounds.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella looks down at the dying man. Her entire body heaving in rage, but it is over. There is nothing left to take from him, other than his ship, and he will not live to see it burn. With more will than it took to stand with an ax in her chest, she'll let go of the delicious anger, and then fall to the deck, on her knees as blood gushes out of her numerous wounds.
At Coloua's blood, she'll feel the burning evil inside it and nod her thanks.
"We won"
She'll smile. It is a good day.


GM Secrets:

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Channel Pos: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Triss takes a minute and looks around at everyone who is injured. She tries to do the best she can to take care of everyone at least a little but it'll take more than a single day to recover from this battle.

Godfrey will heal for 8, Ella will Heal for 8, and Coloua will heal for 5


Bones crack and pop as everyone starts moving again, Draa'lik licks his lips a bit as his body reverts back to normal. He shakes like a wet dog to work out the stress of the transformation before he simply sits down by the man he finished off. He starts eating the man's arm while he's still warm and bleeding out.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella will look up at Triss. "Your healing kept me alive and in the fight." she pauses to make sure the drow knows how much that means to her (a person of few words uses pauses to mean a lot) and then smiles and adds "Thank you."


Triss paused as she was thanked personally for doing her job. "Look love, there is no need to thank me. You lot are doing your job, I gotta do mine. You all hauled my frozen ass out of the water when that nasty little bugga sent me screaming into it. So, the way I see it...I think we are past thanking each other for every little thing." she said tapping her foot a bit.

She stared at Ella for a bit longer before finally addressing the Elephant in the room. "Look, I don't mean to tell anyone bout their manners...but it's bad form to be yammering on sugah when you got a g%$ d$$ned greataxe sticking out of your armor and what I assume is your ribs." she said looking a little sickened at even describing the current issue.


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella's eyes narrow at the dark elf, remembering that while she might owe her her life to some degree here, Triss also can be as annoying as hell. Too many words. Way too many words. At that Ella grabs the ax and tries to pull it out.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua nods in thanks to Triss for the healing, then watches as the two 'ladies' work on being 'friendly' with each other, fighting the urge to smile.

It's like watching petulant children who have been told by their parents they have to be nice to each other. At least Ella made a real attempt.

Wanting nothing more than to rest for a bit after the battle, she grabs the key from the captain's body and heads to his private room to see what it might open, and maybe to take a short break on what is most probably a nicer bed than she's been dealing with the last many days.

Can't fall asleep though. We need to strip and sink this thing and then get on our way


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

Ileosa smiled as she saw the group mulling about as they where, Triss healing them up and Ella pulling a greataxe from her chest. "I knew we'd do it. None of you have ever failed us before." She proclaimed as she moved to join the group and look down at their handy work. "Loot the ship for what we need, then go about making sure this thing will go up in flames. We can even be kind enough to let the Captain burn on his ship... or drag him to land and burn him there. Either works." Ileosa stated with a grin.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

After ransacking the captain's cabin and testing out his bed a bit, Coloua heads back to the group with the contents of his lockbox.

"All he had hidden was this statue, some whiskey, and a large amount of gold...probably the gold that he was given by Thorne." She pauses and studies the group. I wasn't sure when this all started, but they have turned into valuable companions. This bodes well for all of us. "All of this should probably go with us, and that axe Ella was trying to hold onto so dearly with her chest seems of value as well. The rest of their gear we might as well sink with the ship unless anyone has use for it."


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

"Then gold we can use for ourselves." Ileosa said. "True, I would suggest selling it but that could cause superstition in town." She said thoughtfully. "I was hoping to burn the ship and leave no proof of it but the fire might draw more attention."


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

"Not only might fire draw attention, but I believe in some cultures it is a tradition to burn a captain on his ship when he passes. This fool deserves no such honor." Coloua then pauses in thought. "Actually, you spent more time with the Cardinal than I. His instructions did say to kill them and then burn the ship. Is he the type to get upset if we sink it instead of burning it? We could always dump the bodies overboard to be eaten by the fish, then fire the ship and use the jetty to get to shore."


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

Two expert cuts, two screams, and two deaths leave Godfrey facing only a single wounded combatant. Readying his blade, he readies himself to parry the man's blows but the sudden intervention of Draa'lik renders it needless. Struck by the unusual transformation of the creature, but with more pressing concerns, he turns to to aft of the ship in time to watch Ella rend the captain into pieces.

Chest heaving and grinning exultantly, he takes a moment to neatly slice the throats of the two sailors who'd been incapacitated by his spell. Wiping his blade on the cloak of one of the deceased, he pauses a moment to study it curiously. What was that flash? And the wound was unusual as well? Could it be that the damned dwarf didn't explain the full power of what we wrought? Frustration begins to bleed into his elation at their victory, but he sets aside the uncomfortable thoughts as he sheathes his blade.

He bows his head slightly to Triss as she heals some of the damage done by his enemies blades, courtly manner overriding any lingering resentment, "Thank you, Triss." Her cantankerous reply to Ella (and him?) earns her a scowl.

Catching his breath, he listens to the others go about their work. After a time he interjects, "I think the sailor's gear would best go down with the ship. I wouldn't care to have to answer where we found eight blood-soaked sets of leather armor, for example. The rest we might as well keep for ourselves." With a small grin, he adds, "The whiskey in particular will be welcome."

He mulls over the fate of the ship, trying to gauge what he can recall of the area and their distance from the town.

K(Geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 -1 if I should still be L3 for this

"I think we'd best burn the ship with the captain and his crew aboard it. If we don't honor them, it can be no honor. We're disposing of evidence not celebrating a life well spent." Godfrey continues after a thoughtful pause, "I'm not sure if the cardinal would be upset or not, but I'd err on the side of following his instructions to the letter. He is our master... and we're bound to follow his orders. For the crew, if you feel it best to dump them overboard, we should ensure they can't rise to the surface. The last thing we need is the Talingardians asking what could cause that-" he nods at the variety of gobbets of flesh that had been Captain Kargeld, "-and being on their guard. A burned smuggler ship won't draw the same kind of scrutiny, I think."


With the fresh memory of the Cardinal's orders and the unpleasant memories of those who disobey his orders also on their mind, the Villains set about preparing to burn the ship. It's an easy enough task, there is plenty of rigging and carpentry repair supplies kept dry down in the hold as well as hammocks that make for easy burning.

With a few potential fires prepared and their jolly filled with their loot, Godfrey takes a bit of lantern oil from the captain's quarters and a few of the torches and sets the fires a blaze.

He quickly joins the others and soon the jolly hits the lake water and the the group starts rowing their way to shore. With the mist becoming denser, it becomes hard to see more than a glow as they get further from the ship that shows their fires are spreading and doing their job. Safe in the fact that the ship is likely to sink, the bodies of the crew stashed in the hold will likely be trapped forever in the ships watery grave.

Once upon land, the Villains re-affix their disguises and Godfrey gets a lay of the land with the help of Ella and Draa'lik. He is able to tell them how far they'll have to march to make it to the town before evening sets in fully. With all that in mind, Godfrey proceeds to send Draa'lik off with instructions to rejoin them once the bugbears begin their attack. The kobold nods and silently makes his way into the nearby forest.

The group travels on, into the afternoon, stopping for a bit to get a bit of lunch in before pushing on till they arrive at town. It's late in the evening, and with their ample wealth, they are able to procure a few rooms in the inn and a good and all the comforts they might desire.


Suddenly, the GM speaks directly to the players. It's alarming and causes the PCs to mass hallucinate and then forget everything that is about to be said.

You are close now. Just a few miles from here sits the small market town of Aldencross and less than a mile from there is the watchtower of Balentyne – your goal. Already Sakkarot’s horde gathers and prepares to move. Within two weeks, they will be in a small valley north of the lake awaiting your signal. Fire the rocket into the air at just the right moment and you will take the first step towards claiming vengeance against Talingarde.

Destiny has taken you here. Destiny has given you a mission. There is no doubt that the future of this green and pleasant land lies in your hands. You could go to that town right now and warn them of the plots of the sinister Cardinal Thorn. You could give yourself up and face the justice you deserve. You could turn back from the horror and the slaughter that you are going to inflict upon these Mitran sheep. This is that moment. This is the turning point. After this, there is no going back. Any one eager for redemption?

Dramatic Pause.

I thought not. Come, my friends. We have work to do. We must burn Balentyne.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

After an enjoyable fire followed by a pleasant row and a relatively nice jaunt to the town, Coloua is tired and ready for a night's rest before investigating Balentyne.

The comforts of the inn are especially welcome after all the time spent on a cramped ship. During dinner she orders a lavish spread of meats and fruits along with the finest wine they have available, and after the meal she prepares for a good night in a warm bed. To ensure that it is satisfactory she requests extra pillows and cushions to lie upon during the night. Before retiring she speaks quickly with the rest of the group.
"I apologize if I seem anti-social this evening, but I need to partake of some comforts to forget that damned ship. Tomorrow we should start trying to gather any information we can before attempting to get into Balentyne itself, but we can discuss that in the morning. Good night to all."

During the night, Coloua will have Mr. Centipede patrol the inn to both keep watch for any danger and see if there is anything suspicious or interesting going on. If there is something unusual, he has orders to wake her.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Stealth for Mr. Arthropod: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (1) + 26 = 27
Perception for Mr. Arthropod: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

Ella slumps in one of the most comfortable chairs the inn's main room has to offer. Near the fire, feet up, with a mug of almost good ale, she looks relaxed. Well as relaxed as one can still in a coal black steel breastplate. And there is the part where her darkened illusion coated eyes still track each person entering.
Maybe relaxed isn't the word.
Resting but still dangerous. Like a cat.

Speaking of which, Ash suddenly plasters himself against her chest looking up and ordering her with a sharp meow to pet her. Ella does of course. Digging her claws into the back of his neck just enough to satisfy him, the ash black cat settles, but does not purr. That would show weakness. Instead he watches just as intently the people daring entering the same room as them.

The two will sit in the common room until the rest of their knot retires, then to bed.


Female Human, Inquisitor | HP 22/40| Judgment 1/1 | Domain (Trickery->Deception) | 1st Lvl Spells DC 15| AC 13, Touch 17, FlatFoot 13, CMD 17 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +10 | Perception +10

The fire burning away the evidence made Ileosa smile slightly, even as the fog took the sight from her. It was such a nice sight but the fact it grew further away meant land was close at hand. "Was a lovely sight while it lasted." Ileosa said with sigh.

When they made the journey to the town Ileosa endured they had comfortable lodging for the evening. After so long on a ship and the trip here a good soft bed was welcome. Making her way to the inn keep Ileosa requested "I need five rooms please. Softest beds you have please, as well as dinner tonight and breakfast for the morning for all five."


Male Human Magus 4 (AC 16/12 Tch/14 FF, HP 13/44, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +4, Per +8/10)
Skills:
Appraise + 5, Bluff +9, Climb +6, C(Weapons) +8, Dip +8, Fly +5, Intimidate +7, K(Arcana) +11, K(Dun) +9, K(Geo) +6, K(Hist) +6, K(Nobles) +5, K(Religion) +10, Linguistics +5, Per +10, S. Motive +9, Spellcraft +11, Swim +10

At the boat

As he helps to row towards the shore, Godfrey admires the fading view of Kargeld's ship going up in roaring flames. The only regrettable side to our departure from that accursed ship is knowing that the impudent wretch didn't get to enjoy the spectacle of his ship burning to the water line. Humming a jaunty sea shanty to himself, the arcanist loses himself in the act of rowing.

On shore, he pauses a moment to speak with Draa'lik, "Your aid was timely and its a fitting start towards paying your debt. Continue to honor your vow and you will earn your freedom." He appraises the diminutive creature a moment, mind flickering over the changes he'd seen take hold in combat, "Find yourself a new wolf and be ready. When an exploding star is launched from the nearby castle you will rejoin us. Stay hidden until then."

At the inn

Godfrey interjects as Ileosa makes her request of the innkeep, "One of those with a firm mattress, if you please. And make sure there is coffee delivered to it tomorrow morning. Hot and with cream." His desires dictated, he partakes of the inn's comfort -food, wine, and comfortable chairs by the fire- as he shakes off the wearying hardships of the ship and road. Contented and with eyelids flickering, he nods to his companions, "A night's sleep before we go about our business is for the best, I think. I'll speak to you on the morrow." With a perfunctory bow to each, he retires upstairs.


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

In the Morning:

Coloua is up early communing with her familiar, during which time she casts a quick spell on herself. Infernal Healing: all up to max HP again. She takes the time to carefully stow her barrel of goodies and heads down to break her fast. Over a nice meal of fruits, breads, and sausage along with hot coffee she waits for the rest of the group.

When they are all together, she speaks quietly to the table. "I hope everyone's rest was as pleasant as mine was. I had my little friend keep watch during the night and he saw nothing he deemed unusual, so I think that for now our cover is safe here and no one suspects us of being anything other than normal travelers."

"I propose that we take today to explore the town and get to know our surroundings. Not only can we orient ourselves, if we ask carefully we might be able to discover information about the tower or its garrison that we can use to our advantage. We could go as a group, but as long as we are careful we might find out more if we go solo or in pairs. If no one has any objections I also plan to sell some of our excess gains and convert it all to more easily carried coin."

"On a side note, I took care of what damage I still had from yesterday's adventure. If anyone still has need of similar assistance I have enough energy to help out."


Annis-born changeling hag-riven bloodrager 2/ internal alchemist vivisectionist alchemist 2 | HP 22/50 | Rage 9/9 | Evil Eye 6/6 | Mutagen 1/1 AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-Footed 18 | CMB +7 CMD 19 | Fort +10(+2 vs poisons) Ref +6 Will +1 | Init: +2| Perception: +6, Darkvision 60ft | Status: Normal | Spell Effects:

"I didn't know you could heal?" Ella mentions but doesn't push. "I agree. Learning this city is a good idea. Knowing who to break if needing to put the place in chaos, what to set fire to..." Ella's thoughts revolve around violence of course.
"An alchemy shop." she adds. "If they have one, I'd like a visit it."


NE Female Wayang Witch (Gravewalker/Putrefactor) 4 | Domain: Death HP 36/36 | AC 14 (T14/FF11) | Init +3 | Perc +6 (+8) | Speed 20' | CMD 14 (FF 11) | F+3 R+4 W+4 (+ mods) | Active Conditions: None

Coloua glances back at Ella strangely. "That blood I dripped on you yesterday was one form of healing, I didn't know you were unaware what I was doing. In that case, thank you for your trust. In addition to that here's a little something that I learned when I took that fish-man's blood to drink."
CLW on Ella: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

901 to 950 of 1,102 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Talin-Garde's Demise All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.