[SF] Dead Suns AP - GM Ewok

Game Master EwokBanshee

Map

Ship!


2,051 to 2,076 of 2,076 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |
Pippimi wrote:
Love your Ailabiens :D

Thank you! I had far too much fun writing that response.

z45719 wrote:
dying star? Dead Suns AP? Can't have any correlation.

Impossible! :)

Lenny brings up the scientifically precise star maps that the elves had decorated their walls with. Looking over some of your photographic records of the Temple (as all good Starfinders and Starfinder-Liaisons have), you remember that there was an unknown constellation present in the display: a perfect circle made up of 12 stars. You recall Dr. Solstarni droning on about this at one point.

Ailabiens 21:2's understanding of the prophecy does seem to line up with the elves' constellation. Perhaps the cultists headed wherever the elves did...

Behind you, the sarcesian lays his drawing down with tender care. It appears to be a detailed artistic rendering of the Skreesire devouring him. He then finds one of Davrin's business card and begins embellishing it with circular doodles.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Not having any better idea of where to start, Pippimi rolls outside and starts looking for circles of 12 stars in the sky. She takes a folding chair out with her and sets it up next to the ship. She pops back inside and grabs a lemonade. And a nice sunhat. And a paperback novel with two crimson-scaled vesk on the cover, titled 'Flames at Dusk, Part 2: Everflame', which she sets down next to her lemonade in case she gets bored.

Cheekily still letting you guys decide where to go next :>

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

I think it's time to visit that constellation and see if it is, in fact, the portal that Dr. Solstarni theorized is was. That's where the cult wants to find this super-weapon, right?

Lenny scratches his head, thinking it can't be that simple.


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 6/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +10 evasion; Will +6 (+3 vs fear; +2 vs spells & SLA) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft fly 30ft| Active conditions:

Davrin similarly scratches his head. But he (intentionally) fails to remove his hat first. Grinning somewhat self-mockingly, "Well, I'm all out of ideas! Not that I had that much in the first place. So I guess that's as good a idea as any."

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

If I don't hear otherwise, I'm going to have the group drop the sarcesian off at Taualuga in about six hours. That might help us find a path forward.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

is the constellation not a path, or you're just looking for more votes?


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Zulu chimes in. "Yes, perhaps something in that constellation will trigger scanners. Though that is a quite large area."

Looking at their newest hitchhiker Zulu just shakes his head at their groups amazing tendency at taking in stays and wanders back to his science lab.


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Clank is entirely in favor of dropping off the Sarcesian where they desire. "Seems as good of an idea as any."

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Unfortunately... the constellation has no known coordinates. :(

The group decides to get into the starship and head to Taualuga to drop off the sarcesian and figure out what to do next. The starship door closes, everyone gets into position, and you pull off from the asteroid. In just a few seconds, you are back in the peace of space. Stars float around you, the asteroids a few hundreds of miles apart, and you shed the tension and fear that was pervasive on the asteroid. But then... the science officer's screen lights up with two heat signatures! It seems that two starships just jump-started their engines on the back of two nearby asteroids!

AMBUSH!!! The engineer is up and Davrin, give me a Piloting roll.


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Yeah, sadly we didn't get a specific location for the constellation back on Castrovel - I think the star maps in the Temple of the Twelve showed it in a particular location in the sky, but its no longer there. So we need more info to work out exactly where it is!

Pippimi perks up. "Battle stations? Why? Who attack now? Cult all gone!" She rolls towards her seat in the turret and begins booting up the controls for the ship's heavy laser cannon battery!


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

I believe we decided to have Clank man a gun and have Zulu do the science engineering thing?


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 6/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +10 evasion; Will +6 (+3 vs fear; +2 vs spells & SLA) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft fly 30ft| Active conditions:

"Oh ho ho, thought to get the jump on us, did you? Not so fast!"

Piloting: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 (Maybe they are so fast after all...)


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

At the engineering station, Zulu diverts power to the engines to give Davrin an upper hand in the beginning of the encounter, not yet knowing what they are encountering.

Engineering, Divert: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

probably swap to science and scan after this round, assuming Clank is running a gun

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Hooray! Starship time! It's been about 800 years since we had one of these. And, as a nice happy welcome back...SURPRISE ROUND! (I didn't do this yesterday because I wanted everyone to enjoy those ships waiting just behind the asteroids for a moment.

The two dots move along the science officer's screen, around the asteroids and into view. You recognize those ships! It's two Eoxian Necrogliders! Photo on Slide 2.

They dodge and weave Evading through space, coming right towards you!

Kaboom @ Front Arc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage @ Front Arc: 4d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1) = 16
Kaboom @ Front Arc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage @ Front Arc: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 8, 8) = 27

Laser fire spews out of the front of their boneships, some of which Davrin is unable to dodge. The lasers light up your shields, hitting significantly harder than you remember from the last time you battled a Necroglider...

Piloting Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

The two gliders dance off back towards the asteroids.

They move first! So, everyone (Except Zulu, sorry!) can take their actions for this round. I'll sort it all out later. Lenny, if possible, make two rolls so we have your next round's actions!

Stellar Drifter 54/30/30/30
Blue Necroglider
Orange Necroglider


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Clank settles into a gunner seat with a sigh. "More of these guys?" He aims for whichever Pippimi is going for.

Gunning Check:
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
heavy laser attack: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 8, 6) = 20


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

"Ooh, zombogliders. Like bony blast from past!" Pippimi spins the turret around. "Speaking of blast..." She fires at the Orange glider!
Taking a +1 computers bonus. Keep in mind that we're got 3 more of those to go around.

Gunnery (turret):
Turret gunnery: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
Heavy Laser Cannon damage: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 7, 1) = 13

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male NG human spacefarer solarian 5 | SP 40/45 HP 36/39 | RP 5/6 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0; Darkvision: 60' (infrared sensors) | Speed 30ft | Stellar mode: photon (_)(_)(_) | sidereal influence: photon | Laser pistol charges: 18/20 |Active conditions: None

IIRC Lenny is terrible at starship...

Lenny takes the captains chair and smiles.

You've got this Davrin! Maneuver tightly and don't let them get behind us!

Piloting, DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 +2 to Davrin, hoping it helps

Encourage (Any Phase):

You can encourage another member of the crew to give her a bonus to her action. This works like aid another, granting a +2 bonus to the check required by a crew action if you succeed at a DC 10 check using the same skill. Alternatively, you can grant this same bonus by succeeding at a Diplomacy check (DC 15). You can’t encourage yourself.

Roll to use next round: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 6/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +10 evasion; Will +6 (+3 vs fear; +2 vs spells & SLA) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft fly 30ft| Active conditions:

Maneuver DC22: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 2 = 35

"Hold on to your horses!" Davrin pilots the ship straight towards the asteroid on the right practically on a crash course, but in the last moment spins the ship around. This effectively keeps the further ship behind the asteroid, while bringing Stellar Drifter's front to the aft of the the near ship.


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

"What's a horse?" Zulu mutters as he grips the engineering panel and scans the readouts.


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"Bastards!" Zoran yells when it is revealed to be eoxian crafts and proceeds to open the comms.

"You made a big mistake. We are going to make sure your stay dead this time you filth." he says activating an open weapon console.

Gunnery: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 21

Grand Lodge

| Dead Suns AP |

Round 1!
Zoran Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 2, 7) = 19

...Well... That settles it.

Davrin's suicidal maneuver works out perfectly, landing you directly behind an eoxian ship. Three of you pull on the triggers without mercy, sending a massive amount of laser fire into the rear of the necroglider. KABOOM! The nercroglider's rear engine explodes in a wave of negative energy, splashing out in concentric circles. Thankfully, Davrin easily dodges them. Holy cow. Y'all do a lot of damage. The author did not expect your mad well thought out upgrades.

The second eoxian ship doesn't fire it's lasers, unable to see your ship.

Round 2

Davrin Piloting Check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Eoxian Piloting Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Unsurprisingly, Davrin flies circles around lone ship. Desperate, the ships comes straight at you! As it flies right past your starboard, you catch a glimpse of a lone skeletal pilot lying in repose with two digital cables plugged into it's eye sockets.

Eoxian Piloting Check, DC 17: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

They move first! So, everyone can take their actions for this round. I'll sort it all out later. We'll give Lenny's bonus to Davrin again.

Stellar Drifter 54/30/30/30
Blue Necroglider
Orange Necroglider 42 damage


Female Skittermander Soldier 5 | SP 36/40 HP 37/37 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 23 | DR 5/-- | F +5 R +4 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Status: -none-

Pippimi puffs and preens at the Blastwerks-branded laser batteries doing such good work. "Hmm hmm! Pippimi ready to give good Yolp review to Starship mod-build division. This even better quality than expect!"

"Though also, team very good, very accurate!"

She spins the turret around to fire once more. (Taking +1 computers bonus again)

Gunnery:
Gunnery Turret: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Heavy Laser Cannon damage: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 1) = 12

"Ooof, that serve right for letting smug get too big!"


Android Mechanic [Exocortex] 5| INIT + 7, Senses darkvision (60'), low-light vision; Perception +7 | EAC19 KAC20 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | [SP] 20/33 [HP] 34/34 | Resolve: 5/5 | Laser ammo 35/40 | Spells 1/1|
Skills:
Acro +5, Ath +4, Comp +17, Eng +14, Life S. +9, Med +12, Per +8, Phy Sci +9, Pilot +10, Prof Merc +5,
|

Happy to see one enemy ship.vanish from the sensors, Zulu continues working the engineering station as scanning doesn't seem necessary with crack shots like his crew.

"Diverting power to forward shields."

You heard the man divert: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Male CG halfling ghost operative (ace pilot) 5 | SP 35/35 HP 32/32 | RP 6/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +3; Ref +10 evasion; Will +6 (+3 vs fear; +2 vs spells & SLA) | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +11 | Speed 40ft fly 30ft| Active conditions:

"Oh, you like it close, don't you?" Davrin smirls as he pilots the ship to swing around, coming right to the ass... uh aft of the enemy ship.

evade, DC17: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 +2 AC/TL


Male CG Goblin Technomancer 5 | SP: 35/35HP: 27/27 RP: 6/6| EAC: 19 KAC: 19 CMAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 35ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/3 Spell Cache (unused) conditions: None.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
heavy laser attack: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) = 10

Clank tries to go for a flashy finish, but his shot likely flies wide.


CG Male Borais (Tempered Pilgrim) Envoy 5 | SP: 40/40 | HP: 36/36 | RP: 7/7 | EAC: 17 KAC: 17 | AC vs CM: 25 | F: 3 R: 7 W: 4 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Zoran zones out as he attempts to fire at the crafts again with a crazy look in his eyes.

Gunnery: 1d20 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 12

2,051 to 2,076 of 2,076 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SF] Incident at Absalom Station - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.