Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


13,451 to 13,500 of 16,567 << first < prev | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 +2 stonecunning


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 +7 vs traps


Evil GM

Grung and Felic:
You both get a sense something terribly wrong has occurred nearby. Felic you hear moaning in the wind. Grung you actually start to get your bearings about you as you realize you are about two miles from Fentonville and near the trade road.


Evil GM

Desmond:
You sense that you've seen this area before but with the snow fall and high winds you are not certain.

The weather is why everyone is having difficulty with their perception checks.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Something is wrong. Very wrong. Fentonville is close. This is nae good. How fast can the dragon get there and check?


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

With an urgent shriek Aurora takes to the air and soars at blinding speed towards the sky to have a look from high above.


Evil GM
Aurora the Fairydragon wrote:
With an urgent shriek Aurora takes to the air and soars at blinding speed towards the sky to have a look from high above.

It's a strong wind. You need a DC 20 Fly check.

Wind:

Wind

Once you’ve generated the day’s precipitation, you’ll need to establish the wind strength unless the precipitation indicates otherwise. For example, on foggy days, no significant wind occurs, while thunderstorms have their own rules for determining wind strength. To set the wind strength for the day, roll d% and consult the table above.
The following describes the categories listed in Table 4–28: Wind Strength.

Wind Strength: This is the category of the wind strength.
Wind Speed: This is the range of wind speeds that occur. Wind speed typically fluctuates between these values through the period of the day, and for moderate or higher wind strength, there are periods in the day when the wind speed dips below the listed range.

Ranged Weapon Penalty/Siege Weapon Penalty: These are the penalties that characters take when firing ranged weapons and siege weapons in wind of the listed strength. In windstorm-strength wind, normal ranged weapon attacks (either projectile or thrown) are impossible. This includes ranged attacks made via spells of the conjuration school, but it does not include evocation ranged attacks. Siege weapons include all weapons of that type and boulders thrown by giants and other creatures with the rock throwing special attack.

Check Size: Creatures of the listed size or smaller are unable to move forward against the force of the wind unless they succeed at a DC 10 Strength check (on the ground) or a DC 20 Fly check if airborne.

Blown Away Size: Creatures of the listed size on the ground are knocked prone, roll 1d4×10 feet, and take 2d6 points of nonlethal damage, unless they succeed on a DC 15 Strength check. Flying creatures of the listed size are blown back 2d6×10 feet and take 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting, unless they succeed at a DC 25 Fly check.

Skill Penalty: This is the penalty for skill checks that can be affected by the wind. These penalties always apply on Fly checks and sound-based Perception checks, but GMs may also wish to apply them on Acrobatics checks, Climb checks, and any other ability or skill checks that could be adversely affected by winds.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

"Mhmm, think I might have been here before..." Desmond muses to no one in particular.


Evil GM

The group moves and eventually discovers the Coast Road and follow it North. The wind dies down to light breeze and thw snow lightens up to a flurry. You quickly discover the cause for the acid smell that taints the wind...a smoldering caravan lay in wreckage...remnants of an ambush or battle...the bones of the charred dead lay two perimeter circles.

I need to know exactly what each of you intend to do and how as you come across this scene from a few hundred yards away.

From you position roughly 200 yeards away you can see smoking remanants of large caravan you figure at least 70 covered wagons, which approximately half are pulled into a defensive circle. the other wagans appear to be caught outside the defensive line. there does appear to be an near orderly and military like attempt ot set perimeter lines for dense but those lines look as if they were overcome by numbers and power.

I need perception, survival checks if you have it. Anyone with knowledge military or nobility can also provide me a check.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 survival


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Perc: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Taking 20 on Knowledge Nobility for a 28


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 +7 vs traps

"Want me to sneak down there and scout the area? Make sure we know what we're getting into."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 "Bhagavāna Kī Ulțī can get aerial recon as well."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 26 ⇒ (5) + 26 = 31 perception, dark vision 60'.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 survival.

No nobility or military knowledge, sadly.

"Something powerful did this, or a group of something. Giants, dragons, wizards, and demons all cone to mind. Whatever did it, they were fast enough to assault all these souls before they even got their defenses together. If we going to scout, you must be extremely careful, separated from the group, you'll be vulnerable."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

"Will do boss man." Desmond slips off into the void.

Stealth: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (14) + 29 = 43
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 +7 vs traps


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC25(29)/T16/F20(24), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+12/W+10(18 vs mind effect), HP 116

perc: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Detect magic and spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 to try and figure out any residue magic


Evil GM

Felicitas:
You can tell from the size of the caravan that this was a wealthy merchant. From what you can tell you think it was military strike by a vanguard, or advance guard. There was definitely a precision on how this battle unfolded.

Karnog and Grung:
You find plenty of tracks and evidence of where the attack formed. You don't really find much of evidence that this was an ambush, it looks more like the caravan was tracked, found and attacked with great speed.

Nym:
There is quite a bit of remnant magic. Illusory, evocation, and necromancy is most prevalent from this distance.

Desmond will begin to sneak down and investigate while the others are trying to figure out what happened.


Evil GM

Kalim:
As soon as Desmond starts towards the burned out caravan you loose interest in his doings. He's probably going to use this time to slip out and find a whore house.

Felicitas and Karnog:
As you investigate the surrounding area you manage to keep you eye Desmond but once he gets to the perimeter you lose him.


Evil GM

Desmond:
You quickly find your way near what looks like a burned out caravan, near the rear of the line. The burnt bones of animals lay about. To your eye it looks like this entire area was blasted by fireballs. As you get further in you can see about a dozens similar wagons and work animals. Then something interesting catches your eye. It looks like a group of warriors took up a defensive line. You can see three tower shields still planted into the ground. it looks like there were dozen or more defenders at this location. Charred mail, weapons, and bones are on the ground.

What are you going to do?


Flies towards the mess. perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Evil GM

Bhagavana:
You can tell from above that the sections of the caravan was blasted from above. You can see the first perimeter line of defense. It's a charred mess you can see there they were hit form both above and overrun by the assaulting force.


Evil GM

Aurora:
As you fly as you hover overhead providing an aerial lookout, you get the sense that there is remnant electricity in the air.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC25(29)/T16/F20(24), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+12/W+10(18 vs mind effect), HP 116

"There lot magiks remain. Illu-sory, avocasion, and necr-mancy " states Nym in a broken uppercommon


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

baldwin:
Any noticeable details about them? Like where they might come from, standards on their shields or anything?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Your common is already better than Grung's, Nym. Well done."


Evil GM

Desmond:
You'll need to get closer. You are looking at them from 10 to 20 feet away. As far as standards and flags what you see is a lot of crispy or ashen items. do you have knowledge local or nobility? If so roll, you may be able to pick up a fragment of information.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

baldwin:
Bah, that's pretty risky to get much closer. Desmond will try to circle around wide to see if there is anything else of interest.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Yea but 'is face is worse still! Grung says witha guffaw


Evil GM

Desmond:
So what are you going to do?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

Baldwin:
Take a wide route around the people to see if Desmond can find anything else of interest. If there's nothing else than he will head back.


Evil GM

Desmond:
You see several more pods of corpses lined up in similar fashions. Peeking inside the a few burned out wagons you can see charred trade goods, food stuffs, and various containers. All seem charred but you need to really investigate inside to tell what, if anything, you can determine of value. As you make your way back you take another route and come up form behind what is clearly the primary defense battle line.

You do see two areas along the defensive line where the line was broken my an onslaught.

I'm not sure how closely you want to investigate.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Let's play a game to pass the time. The name of the game is 'What Do You Think Desmond is Trying to Copulate With Now.' Who wants to go first?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

A curvy rock!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I'd like to say nothing would surprise me, but I think that's wrong. Desmond will find something shocking and foolish, of that I have no doubt. Just what or who, I couldn't even hazard a guess just now."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC25(29)/T16/F20(24), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+12/W+10(18 vs mind effect), HP 116

isnt he missing an appendage?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 15/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Damn. I was going to say 'a curvy rock.'"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

He got better.


Evil GM

Caravan Battle Map

This is the initial map for Desmond.

I'm going to try to get another version up perhaps a second map for the whole group.

Everyone, except for Desmond, is outside the caravan waiting on the rogue's return so you don't know what is happening. I do need the two familiars for kalima nd Felic to make a perception check.

Initiative RD 1:

Demond
Undead Warriors


Evil GM

Desmond as you try to move out of the caravan and back towards the party you see several of charred warriors stand up, these undead corpses are keenly aware of your presence. You begin to see others stand up.


perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Evil GM

Bhagavana:
You notice that several areas of the battle line between the party and the caravan are beginning to move and shuffle around.

You do not see Desmond. FYI this is a different area then where Desmond is located.]


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"I give my two coppers to an female ogre with akne. Because... he is not picky!"
Electra sigh is enough to tell an epic by itself.


Not good. The horny scout is still out there. Better fly back to Kalim!


Evil GM

Bhagavana flies back to its host...Kalim to spread the news of what it saw.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

Desmond begins heading back to the group, maintaining his stealth so that anybody that hasn't noticed him may think the undead are getting stirred up for no reason.

Stealth (full speed): 1d20 + 29 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 29 - 10 = 31


Evil GM

Bhagavana quickly makes his way back to his Master just as things begin to get interesting.

Desmond:
Desmond as you try to slip and move away, there are other pods of undead that begin to move. You notice a set of hollow eye sockets penetrate your soul. You realize they know the living is there and they are not going to let you simply slip away.


Evil GM

I'm going to put up a second battlemap for the main group. I'll let Bhagavana provide Kalim his report while I begin the battle with Desmond.


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I'm going to put up a second battlemap for the main group. I'll let Bhagavana provide Kalim his report while I begin the battle with Desmond.

I have that second battle map done. I'll get that up once Kalim's buddy discloses the situation.

Kalim what is your growth going to do?

Desmond: you are up. You see man more creatures emerge and you are essentially surrounded by undead. There is low chant coming from a couple creatures that you vaguely think resemble Felicitas' singing. The undead seem to be gaining enthusiasm.

Desmond's Battlemap


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 35/23/25 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 11/21/10 HP 120/142
Active Buffs:
Heroes Feast, Fly, Resist Fire 30, Invisibility, Reduce Person

"Huh, singing. Real lively bunch." Desmond chuckles and sprints through their lines, rolling past the undead.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35

Triple move action back towards the party, using quick runner's shirt. Acrobatics to avoid any AoO's and get past any unsavory terrain.


Kalim's growth flies in its own squishy way back to the main group. Sitting on Kalim's shoulder, it begins speaking to him, though to the others it just sounds like gross wheezing and sneezing. "Hey, the horny thief is about to be attacked by a bunch of undead. Just so you know."

13,451 to 13,500 of 16,567 << first < prev | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.