Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune (Inactive)

Game Master rando1000

Exsilium


2,301 to 2,337 of 2,337 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka sighed. Now he was going to have kill the guard when they were done, so he didn't reveal the destruction of the ship was imminent.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"We got what we came for, we're leaving. Cooperate by getting us back to the ship unharmed, and you don't end up being a loose end we need to tie off." He glances up at his Vesk companion. "Trust me when I say you don't want that to happen."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

The guard, though loyal to the Aeon Throne, this guard has no wish to end his life right that moment. With Esh (still in armor), he leads the group through the corridor to the bay that the Exsilium is held in. The corridors are quite chaotic, as engineers intermingle with groups of guards trying to figure out what the hell has gone wrong with the vessel's engines.

You're able to slip aboard the ship without issue, where you find Otis and Thalin have the Exsilium ready to launch.


Female Human Envoy 5

Irina sedates the guard and leaves him in an out of the way place.

"If they manage to right the engine problems, it won't be because of this one," Irina says.


"Hey, welcome back guys!" Otis says as soon as the PCs reach the bridge.

"She's ready for launch!"


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

As soon as you've safely cleared the bay doors, Morgrym sits at a spare seat on the bridge. Oddly, he begins removing his prosthetic leg. From inside, he pulls out an odd wand, one that Esh and Sharlavaka have seen before. The Wand of Rust from the ancient Dwarven citadel your crew visited onboard another vessel, so many months ago.

"Get me to the inner defensive platform! They're waiting for me there! Well, for THIS, really," the aging Dwarf says, swinging the wand around.

"During your last mission, our scientists, with the help of some mages, found a way to use the defensive platform's cannons to amplify this little device's power a million-fold. If we can activate it, we can rust out their entire fleet!"


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Eshenvral was in the process of moving towards the science station, when their contact finally voiced what it was that had him so frantic. A step, half another, and then he stopped. He brought a hand up to his mask, grasping it's chin while the mental math danced through his head.

Those dwarves, to be capable of something as he had described? Ludicrous. It was absolutely ludicrous. There was no way such a pitiful race of dirt-stained muscleheads could ever master the means of blending ancient magic and technology so perfectly. He'd refuse to believe such a thing capable when not even his father had managed.

Yet as his thoughts wondered, so too did the tips of his fingers glance over his masks's latches.

"...If you happen to be telling the truth Morgrym, then perhaps... I'd be willing to assist your arcanists with their research once this is ovwr. Knowing your species you might end up killing yourselves with such arcano-tech by accident without the aid of an expert."

His words may've been every bit as derisive as they ever were, yet something new was in there. Something different.

He lowered his hand, and moved to boot up his station.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

"Should still cripple this vessel," Sharlavaka recommended as he absorbed the new information. "Might be enough to break this attack, leave wand for next time." Two battles won was better than one. "If not, will cause distraction. Give time for Wand to be set up."


Human Mech (Data Jockey) 7/ Operative 1 | SP 62/62 HP 52/52 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

James watches Morgrym with interest from the pilot seat, Makes sense... Dwarves have always seemed to have an intrinsic understanding of metal, for lack of a better term. That means their science or magic around the topic has a wonderful head start.

And, thank the Gods for that!

Navigating away from the Ranseur vessel, We were lucky to have slowed it down, Sharlavaka... We're too small to finish it off. This new end game does give hope, however.

Strap in, altough the battleship is wounded, fighters can still launch.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Fortunately, most of the capital vessel's fighters are already engaged. Joyride manages to weave Exsilium through the various dogfights, with only occasional minor hits.

When you reach the defensive platform, however, your landing path is cut off by an Azlanti patrol ship.

[Map to follow]


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Platform Map 1

Green ship is the Azlanti patrol vessel. It's only slightly larger than the Exsilium. White ship is you.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

The Vesk eyed the other vessel warily. "Chance we can deceive?" He was already heading to man a turret.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Map doesn't seem to load for me


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

The elf said nothing, already plugged into his terminal. Shielding was still just as strong as he'd left it, no surprises there. If they were going to try deception, that was their captain's area of expertise.

'Query. Food?' A short data-burst directed toward him translated. The cube discovered their Azlanti captive.

'It's not ready for eating.' He replied back, prompting it to remain in sight and 'wait for it to be ready for eating'. Always good to have an insurance policy.


"If we think we can lie our way out, I'm your man."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
Map doesn't seem to load for me

Not a permissions issue, I tested it while not logged in. Here, try this.

Map 1


"Even if we can trick 'em, they're still firing on the platform we're here to land on. I say we blast 'em from behind while we got the advantage."

Not a GM demand; treat as any other NPC statement


Human Mech (Data Jockey) 7/ Operative 1 | SP 62/62 HP 52/52 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Based on the data stores we downloaded, do we know that ship and its crew?

I'd hail them, give them a bit of the truth and urge then to return to the Ranseur as it may be crippled and retreating.

Is the "defensive platform" returning fire?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Sorry, yes, there are hostilities active between the platform and the ship, though the platform has sustained heavy damage, and one of it's big guns is out of operation.

Esh is able to quickly confirm the vessel as Azlanti Monitor; Crew is probably about 10.


Tamrat opens up a comms channel to the Azlanti ship, "Crew of...whatever ship you are. The Ranseur is crippled and in retreat. I suggest you run now before you're left behind"

Bluff: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 18 + (6) + 1 = 44


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

That was...nicely done.

The ship takes a moment to sensor scan, and can see that the flagship is in some distress, but there are still many more vessels in the battle. deciding on discretion, the vessel pulls off to attempt to assist the Deathblade.

According to Esh's scans, the Deathblade. is starting to release heat. The engineering team aboard must have finally figured out the problem. It should take several minutes for the large vessel to get back into action, however.

Docking with the defensive platform, the crew of the Exsilium is met by an old Gardathir general, the leader of the resistance himself, Tremdrock. Morgrym moves casually toward the old Dwarf and the two embrace as old friends.

"Har, ya cunning bastard!" Tremlock greets him, taking the rust wand from his hand and passing it off to a technician, who hurries off toward the turret they've been preparing.

"And you boys!" Tremlock says to the crew, ignoring the fact that Irina isn't male. "Hell of a rescue! You may well have won the day for us all! True heroes, despite your, ah, mixed heritage," the Dwarven leader says, momentarily eyeballing the group and stopping on Esh.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"Yes," The elf starts, lifting his chin and side-eying the rest of his group. "I suppose we can't all be perfect. Now, excuse me, I'd like to make sure your engineer dosn't screw something up and disintegrate the station."

Eshenvral of course wasn't stupid, he knew what the general was implying. Wouldn't stop him from turning it around for himself just to spite them.

At pace, he moved to follow wherever the engineer scurried towards. Truthfully the idea of attaching a wand to the weapons systems sounded fascinating, and he wished to study the process up close. With the added bonus of bwing there to fix things when the meatheaded dwarves inevitably screw something up.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka turned his blank helmet on the general and allowed it's soulless eyes to gaze into him. He had a strong dislike for people believing that species made such a difference, and unlike Eshenvral this Dward wasn't on the same crew. "Yes. Heroes."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

The crew follows the technicians to the turret area where the great experiment, a merger of ancient magic and modern technology, is set to take place.

Several Dwarven technicians have set up a modified turret to channel the mystical energy. Esh Watches their actions closely, noting that the entire area is inside a magic circle set to magnify the energy at hand. A few times, Esh corrects them on the exact positioning of the Rust Wand within the device. This mystical nightmare was obviously set up by someone with far more knowledge and power than the Dwarves here present, but currently Esh is the most powerful adept in the room. He can sense the energy linking to the Wand AND the interface with the gunnery computer.

Joyride and Six-Pack also observe with professional interest, double checking the work at the power source to make sure all is in order.

Sharlavaka, Captain Tamrat, and the rest of the crew look on, prepared to run back to the ship and defend Zothune to their last should this not work.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

The Dwarven gunner steps aside, gesturing at Sharlavaka.

"The honor is yours, sir Vesk."

Taking careful aim, Sharlavaka takes a shot at the giant Deathblade, still unmoving due to the crew's earlier actions. The seasoned warrior has no problem hitting the massive target, and for a few brief seconds, nothing happens. Then, suddenly, gray and silver metal on the bulkheads turn reddish brown, and the ship begins to crumble. Compression is lose, and portions of the hull begin to rupture, spewing forth crew into space.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

The battle becomes an even more confused mess, as several Gardathir vessels break off their own dogfights and join in a full-on battle run toward the giant flagship.

Sharlavaka fires once more, as soon as the engineers tell him it's time, and within a few minutes, the escape pods are exploding from their tubes to get off the crumpling Deathblade.

The flagship destroyed, the unified remains of the Gardathir fleet turn, and prepare for battle against the remains of the Azlanti. But the rest of the battle is not worth telling. Utterly defeated, the great Azlanti Empire is forced to slink away into the stars, leaving Zothune, as it was in the beginning of this whole thing, alone.

Epilogue to follow.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"...Beautiful." Eshenvral says mutely, watching this perfect fusion of pre-gap magic and modern technology come together. This was what it meant to be a tehnomancer. This is what his ancestors have lost.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka took no great pleasure in killing the Deathblade, or her compliment, but felt a grim satisfaction as the vessel crumbled. Such a weapon would terrify the Azlant. It wouldn't last forever, sadly. Wands weren't infinite. And the Azlant we, if nothing else, capable and tenacious - you couldn't forge a star-spanning Empire otherwise.

But for today, and the foreseeable today's in the future, the Azlant wouldn't be coming here. That ship had likely cost much more than this system was worth to the Azlant.

"Efficient," Sharlavaka agreed with Eshenvral.


Tamrat raises his eyebrows at the destruction of the starship. "Well, this is certainly more than I had expected to find when I took this job. Maybe I'll stick around for a bit, see if there's anything else to do here."


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

And so it is that, a few days later, the crew finds themselves at The Forge, the miner's bar in the old city of Vul Faldhur where their adventures together had begun months ago.

Celebrations abound, as the Gardathir, once hidden in the shadows, has earned its place among the institutions of Zothune. At a private table in an out-of the way corner sits the entire crew of the Exsilium.

As the celebration winds down, Eshenvral stands, as if to make a toast or other statement.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 8 | SP: 21/44; HP: 44/44; RP: 8/9 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +8 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +13+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"We've been through a lot toguther, havn't we?" He starts, looking at his fellow crew. "Some of us had only met for a short while, and we've certainly lost others along the way."

He makes a gesture towards the wall in the corner where members of Zothune's forces were being immortalized. On the wall, one was of their previous captain Olivia Quinn standing proud upon the deck of her ship. Eshenvral may've never learnt much about the world she had come from, or indeed if she truly did come from another galaxy entirely, but he had a respect towards her, and an admiration towards her ship/s fully functioning AI.

On another part of the wall was android known as Isis-149. If truth was told, Esh hadn't liked her all too much for most the time he'd known her, but at some point after her parting he'd come to miss her antics. She had given her life during the last push against the Azlanti, and now her face was up there with all her fellow heroes.

Hero... what a word. Eshenvral had never come here with that pretense, but look at him now.

"You know who I am, what I've thought of you from the start. My kind had always been wary of outsiders, hard to trust, hard to consider anyone else as equals. I'd always been like, them saw no reason to doubt their claims. And, while I may perhaps still have my conceptions..."

He brought a hand to the side of his face, and clicked something on his mask. There was a soft his as the valve releases came undone. "There's something I wish to say to you all here and now, face to face."

His hand came away, the mask with it to reveal his face for the first time. No, Eshenvral was certainly not the most comely of his kind with his pale skin and sunken cheeks, or his milk-white eyes and hairless brow. Yet on his face was the most sincere smile anyone, even among his own kind, would ever have seen him to have.

"I respect and admire you all. Thank you for letting me serve beside you these past few years."


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 8 | SP: 56/70; HP: 61/61; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +8, Ref: +6, Will: +8 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +11; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka tilted his head, clearly confused by Eshenvral's statement. There had rarely been any such indications from the Elf before. Rare, but they had been there. "Does not sound like Eshenvral. Should place query about concussion." The Vest paused. "That was a joke," he added to qualify.


Human Mech (Data Jockey) 7/ Operative 1 | SP 62/62 HP 52/52 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

My only regret, that I joined so late in your adventures... service has been its own reward. I have grown as an engineer, and ha---programmer.

Should you ever have a need, just call. Six-Pack and I will be there.

Siz-Pack, who seems to have been modified yet again... chirps and beeps, indicators lighting up in some pattern. Then a synthetic voice, We are. Friends.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"Frrrreinnnnnnds." Warbled a strange small green cube from besides Six-Pack.

"That was disturbing, don't do that again Fluber." The elf frowned, tipping back a flute of something sparkling.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 6/Martial Artist 2

Thus officially ends the campaign. Thanks for joining. I believe this is the longest online campaign I've been in, clocking in at 2 and a half years.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mech (Data Jockey) 7/ Operative 1 | SP 62/62 HP 52/52 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Really was an awesome ride!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks for running this! Been a bunch of fun.

2,301 to 2,337 of 2,337 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.