[Pathfinder Encounters] Bodyguards in the Mana Wastes (Inactive)

Game Master Whack-a-Rogue


51 to 73 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

Bartleby has My Lil' War Pony rain hooved death down on the gnoll.

(free action, DC 10 ride check, autosucceeds)

hoof attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
hoof attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

He follow's that up with a 5' positional move, and fires his crossbow at the gnoll.

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Crossbow damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Bartleby then reloads his crossbow.

Other conditional checks

Immediate action ride check to gain +4 cover to ac from any attack (giving me 26 AC ). If I am forced to use this, before I go, it is a move check to recover, and thus I would not reload my crossbow. If this is after I go, I will retain this position and cover until the start of my next turn. It could be both before and after I go.

DC15 Ride check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Roll to prevent a hit on My Lil' War Pony

Ride check must exceed attacker's hit roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Male Human Ninja 3 | AC 17 | Touch 14 | Flat 13 | HP 33/33 | Init +6 | Per +6 | F +3 | R +7 | W+1 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | Stealth +9

After felling his foe, Bob swiftly repositions himself behind the vicar's attacker into a flanking positon, by moving 25 ft., then proceeds to stab him in the back.

Melee attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human Cleric 1

If the Vicar is aware that Jack was shot...

The Vicar takes a 5-foot step back into the black, then blindly rushes through the sphere of magical darkness, taking care not to bump into where the clients were the last time he had a sense of their location, and pops out the other side near Jack.

The Vicar converts the stored prayer energy of his Summon Monster I spell into pure positive energy so he can heal Jack. Or turn him into a rabbit, the way things have been going.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The immeasurable power of blind idiot god Azathoth, Lord of All Things, encircled by his flopping horde of mindless and amorphous dancers, reverses the power of time and unmakes several of Jack's wounds.

Otherwise

The Vicar takes advantage of the uncertainty of his opponent and, given no other reasonable alternative, is forced to pull his trump card.

The Vicar pokes the Mongrelman in the eyes, three stooges style. Dirty Trick to blind. If he's not still dazzled by my dress sense he gets an AoO.

Big money big money big money no whammy no whammy... STOP!

Dirty Trick: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

Just for flavor fun. Has nothing to do with the current battle.

..The night before.....

As he often does, if he has not used his Speak with Animals ability earlier, Bartleby will have a chat with My Lil' War Pony at the end of the day.

After feeding and brushing his horse, Bartleby actives his spell like ability..

"Hey Pony, great for us to chat briefly again."

My Lil' War Pony nickers softly, "Hi boss."

"Pony, we have a big day tomorrow. We are entering a magical realm with strange powers. We have to keep all these people safe. I know you don't spook easily, but I am just letting you know." He pats the horse along its neck.

"Ok boss."

"Hey, we don't get to chat long, this magic speech between us is brief, but I enjoy this time together.

The pony starts snuffing around Bartleby's cloak.

"Yes I know you can smell that apple in there, can't you? Well I was going to save that for a little bit later...Oh ok fine, here, have it. You could chat a little more instead of always thinking about food you know.

"Ok Boss", the pony snuffs contentedly with a mouthful of apple.

"Why don't you try to think of something interesting for our chat tomorrow? How about you come up with a poem?"

"What?"

"Nevermind... talk to you tomorrow..."

"Ok boss."

Bartleby sighs and shuffles off to his bedroll.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4

"I got one!"
Jack shouts as his foe drops.

"Anyone need help with -

Jack's words are cut off suddenly as he takes a shot right to the gut dropping him in one hit.

I need to see whether or not the Vicar's healing happens before I know what I'm doing this round.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4

"Thank you Vicar. I owe you one. I can heal myself now."

Jack will stay on the ground and cast CLW on himself then draw his bow. (While still prone)

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human Ninja 3 | AC 17 | Touch 14 | Flat 13 | HP 33/33 | Init +6 | Per +6 | F +3 | R +7 | W+1 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | Stealth +9

Seeing what happened, Bob shouts towards the rest of the party:

"Well whaddya know, the archeologist is down!


Kingmaker

GM Rolls:
2d100 ⇒ (94, 83) = 177
2d100 ⇒ (57, 43) = 100
1d10 + 1d9 ⇒ (7) + (6) = 13
1d100 ⇒ 67
1d2 ⇒ 2
Bob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Leena: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 2

2d100 ⇒ (46, 89) = 135

With a brilliant display of martial and arcane prowess, Leena obliterates both of her opponents. My Lil' War Pony injures a Gnoll, and then Bartleby finishes it off with a crossbow bolt to the head. Bob deals some serious damage to the Vicar's opponent but fails to drop him. The Vicar rushes to Jack's last known location, finds him bleeding out on the ground, and heals him. As he does this, a flash of light erupts between them, and Vicar shrinks to 1/4 of his original size! (Vicar becomes Tiny, with all corresponding bonuses/penalties) At the same time, the Leader Gnoll shrieks with pain as he's unexpectedly lashed with waves of negative energy. Recovering quickly, he fires at Leena, hitting her in the shoulder (take 2pts damage). The sole remaining Monegrelman tries to slam into Bob, but the pain of its injuries causes it to come up short.

Round Six
Your turns

Updated Map


Male Human Cleric 1

"I can work with this," says the Vicar, pleased to at least be a smaller target at this point.

"Gentlemen, madame, I leave this too you," says the Vicar, his voice 1/4th as deep.

He stumbles back into the safety of the zone of darkness, where he will stand as near to the clients as he can manage preparing to channel energy if either of them takes damage.


Male Human Ninja 3 | AC 17 | Touch 14 | Flat 13 | HP 33/33 | Init +6 | Per +6 | F +3 | R +7 | W+1 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | Stealth +9

Bob tries to finish off his opponent.

Melee attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I think there's no need to confirm criticals here thank you.


Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

Bartleby calls out to the scientists, "You can probably start to make your way out now if you want to observe the storm, just follow my voice to the southwest."

He then spurs his trusty steed to the east reigning up behind the wagon (cover +4 AC), where he fires at the leader gnoll and reloads.

If shot at I will attempt the standard cover maneuver
Immediate DC 15 Ride check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Critical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

should have this on here too in case
Ride check to negate attack on Pony: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4

Jack stands up and then takes a 5 foot step on top of the body of his fallen foe before trying to shoot the Gnoll with the bow he drew last round.

Swift action for Luck again

Bow shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

14 probably isn't enough but I'll roll damage just in case

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human Bladebound magus/5 | AC 17| Touch 12 | flat footed 15| HP 39/39| Init +3 |Perception +3| Arcane Pool 8/8|Concentration +14|

Leena takes a quick look at the vicar and decides against casting any more spells. This area is to unstable to risk it, who knows what could happen.Leena draws a chakram as she moves to one square west of Jack. Leena then enhances her chakram and throws at thee last gnoll.
Chakram Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Kingmaker

The two remaining ambushers fall dead on the sand.

Combat is over


Male Human Cleric 1

"I say, are you two alright?" the Vicar asks in the general direction of the clients.


Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

Bartleby will makes sure all foes are dead, make sure everyone is ok and then channel as needed to heal everyone to full hp.

He will then see if he can help Vicar in any way. Is he still tiny and/or inside out? Perhaps the researchers could shed some light on his condition and how to reverse it.

Subsequent to that he will search the fallen foes if no one else has already done so. He can cast detect magic on any gear we recover and make spellcraft checks if any of it is magical.

"Great job friends!"


Kingmaker

Bartleby finds the following on the bodies:

MW battleaxe x2
Heavy Wooden Shield
Studded Leather Armor x2
MW Musket
cold iron bullet x7
alchemical cartridge x7

Also, once the storm has passed, Erika and Rohkar give you the promised reward - and a bonus!

2500gp (500gp per person)
Scroll of certain grip (CL 3)
Wand of cure light wounds (24 charges)
Potion of resist energy 10 (electricity)
Potion of undetectable alignment
Potion of enlarge person
Potion of lesser restoration
Potion of bear's endurance
Oil of darkness


Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

"Thank you Erika and Rohkar, if you ever need anyone to assist in your research again, look me up!"


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4

"Good job all around. And Vicar, thanks again. I really owe you one.

Jack would gladly take the wand as he can use it and has less healing capabilities than his cleric friends


Male Human Ninja 3 | AC 17 | Touch 14 | Flat 13 | HP 33/33 | Init +6 | Per +6 | F +3 | R +7 | W+1 | CMB +4 | CMD 18 | Stealth +9

"Heh, good job scrubs."

I would only take the enlarge potion


Female Human Bladebound magus/5 | AC 17| Touch 12 | flat footed 15| HP 39/39| Init +3 |Perception +3| Arcane Pool 8/8|Concentration +14|

Nice job everyone.

only interested in potion of bears endurance and maybe lesser restoration


Male Halfling Cleric 10 - Speed 20, Init +7, AC: 31, T:21 FF:24 HP:110/110 Fort: +13 Reflex:+13 Will:+14 CMD: 18 | Perc: +6

How do we want to handle the item distribution? Kick in half the market cost in gold to the party seem fair? I don't see anyone really competing for the items. The rest we can offer up to other groups in the main thread and once sold, we can split the proceeds. I can start a thread there with the remaining loot.


Male Human Cleric 1

I want the lesser restoration potion for my medicine bag. I think I earned it.

Also I think you should all pay for my outside-inning. And buy me a pony.

Actually, I want Bartleby's.

51 to 73 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pathfinder Encounters: Bodyguards in the Mana Wastes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.