[PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table Æroden

Game Master Nathan Hartshorn

Map

PFS Modules with set parties, focusing on Teamwork Feats and their viability in the Organized Play environment.


101 to 150 of 3,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza takes his time and jumps the pit.

Detail:
Acrobatics (Jump) (Untrained): 14 = 14 (took 10)

"What do we have over here guys?" asks Jeza.

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Dissa will extend a hand to help his fellow pathfinders, using the rope as a safety measure.

Acrobatics DC 10 Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

When everyone is safely across he will turn toward the curve and prepare for further exploration.

He looks to the Desnan cleric and speaks softly, "I'm not sure, I didn't want to step out until the party was ready. Now that we're gathered, let's pursue these Gillmen." Dissa will whisper his discussion with Jezakay, and attempt to walk gracefully and quietly down the shaft.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

Acrobatics Take 10: 10 + 7 + 2 = 19

Barid easily clears the gap and follows his companions, melting into the shadows of their lights.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza starts acting sneaky as well, taking his cue from Barid. He also makes an attempt to help others with the acrobatics, hopefully helping Dissa.
Apply stealth synergy (Barid already got a 20 so using that).
Stealth 20 + 7 = 27
Acrobatics (Aid others): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Stealth synergy becomes a 21 for Dissa. Well played!

Silver Crusade

Yeah teamwork!

As Dissa rounds the corner, he sees a 15 foot plank leaning up against the wall.

The tunnels continue on, leading deeper beneath the Kortos Mounts until they eventually open into a large cavern. What must have once been beautifully carved reliefs and inscriptions have since weathered heavily, their features dulled and softened to the point that it is hard to distinguish what each once depicted. A wide tunnel exits the cavern on its far side, and blue-burning torches line the passageway’s walls.

Block text above so ignore the last sentence for now. You're not in the cavern yet.

The carvings here are different in style from the petroglyphs you've seen so far in the caves.

If you choose to examine them, give me a Knowledge (history or religion) or Linguistics check. Alternatively, you Appraise or Perception check.

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

He looks in at the new petroglyphs.
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
"Are all of us across the gap?", Jeza asks.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Perception to spot party: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bozmir looks back to Dulomak, but as he turns back to the others, they have completely disappeared from sight. He assumes the light source around the bend it probably theirs though. Re-lighting his nodachi, he follows down the only path.

Know History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception if applicable: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Silver Crusade

I'm botting Dulomak for now hoping he's not a dropout.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

I am figuring out how to get the trex across the pit.

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Plank + handle animal

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Do we have a plank?

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza brings the 15 foot plank over and sets it across the pit, holding down his end to steady the wood. "Hope that works for you Dulomak and Kontha."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

The half-orc will walk over the plank and then urge his Kontha over,
Handle animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Come girl, come here. he says motioning her over.

Silver Crusade

Dulomak, you successfully coax your companion across the plank.

Jeza, with his knowledge of religion, studied the markings along the cave wall. Most have eroded so much that he could not make anything of them. However, he was able to decipher three of the twelve sections along the wall.

Jezakay:
You recognize three as parables from History and Future of Humanity, the principle holy text of Aroden. Usually, they are associated with some sort of ritual in the text. However, these appear to be slightly different than those that appear in the known versions you have studied, perhaps an earlier version of the work. The three parables are:

The Artist is depicted painting murals on the walls of impressive buildings, associated with Aroden having painted the city of Absalom with beautiful colors so that it might awe all who visited.

The Merchant is depicted weighing and trading coins of different sizes, a reference to the holy text’s proverb that peace brings trade and prosperity to all people.

The Soldier is depicted bearing a lantern through the streets of a city, following the dead god’s prophecy that the vigilant shall carry light to the darkest corners of the world to banish the shadows.

Bozmir, you're able to identify a person hauling some fish towards a city in another section but you do not know the meaning of this picture.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Does the Kontha smell anything out of the ordinary?

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

Define 'ordinary'

Barid looks at the pictographs closely, seeing if anything is remarkable about them.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Different animal or humanoid smells

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Assuming Jeza shares what he knows

"Here's another one," Bozmir brushes dust off the image before him. "This is umm... Aroden the fisherman who teaches us the world is a plentiful place and civilisation is the medium for storing our resources."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

What was the magical thing in the bag in the water?

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza quietly shows the others about the petroglyphs. He says, "These petroglyphs from Aroden's holy text may explain the reason for the Gillmen in the cave so far from water, but confirmation from another source would be best. Bozmir, I saw you looking over that cloth in from the pit, did you identify what it was?" Jeza casts detect magic on the item and shares what he learns with Bozmir to see if it helps.

Jeza whispers to Bozmir:
"Aroden is or was a living deity that founded the city of Absalom. His clerics no longer receive his blessings in the form of divine spells."

Silver Crusade

Bozmir the Rather-Pretty wrote:


[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+5

Missed this check. The bundle is a cloak of resistance +1

Kontha does not smell anything different within 30 feet.

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Assuming Bozmir shares the details.
Jeza suggests, "Give the cloak to our
scout, Barid?"

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

"If anyone were to scout it should probably be Dulomak and/or Kontha. Being able to see in the dark means that he'll not have to carry a light source whereas I would, but we shouldn't stay too far apart from one another."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

We are happy to scout ahead. says the half-orc as he pets Kontha,

Silver Crusade

Dulomak scouts ahead. If you're all done looking at the pictures, go ahead and place yourself anywhere on the map.

Map

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

"I prefer bring at the front, ready to lead my comrades into battle. I will try to search for any threats." Dissa says, assuming point with Fauchard lowered.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

He also casts Detect Evil to enhance his scan.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Bozmir likes to stand at the front, shining nodachi held so that it can easily be braced against a possible charge.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza follows Dissa, ready to lend a hand.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

So no scouting?

Silver Crusade

Based on how people placed themselves, I'm assuming no scouting? Dissa, you detect no evil with 60'. Bozmir, you don't see anything unusual.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

I assumed I was going to be going up ahead with Kontha but the paladin wants to lead the way, without being able to see without giving away our position. I am more than happy for him to do so.

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

Barid quietly follows his fellow agents, skittishly looking into each shadow and in every direction whenever there is an unexplained sound.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

I'm not against Dulomak scouting, but the big shiny paladin is very convincing. I guess we should resolve it in character.

"Who's to say we're heading towards battle?" Bozmir asks. "We're exploring these caves and initiating contact with Gillmen. Besides, you weren't so brave to save Janira from the Minotaur.

"Sending in our vision-gifted half-orc is least risky."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

The half-orc snorts at the Ulfen's comment.

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Since there are torches on the map and we need to check on Janira. Jeza whispers "You guys want to stay here all day?" and he goes to stealthily look down the middle steps.

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Dissa will press forward. "These caves seem pretty desolate. Exploring them is proving a fairly easy task, thanks to a few light spells and this cobweb catching pole-arm. Apparently that's all I'll need my Fauchard to do on this exploration!" Dissa chuckles to himself, plodding through the caves.

"I see no reason to split the party. Let's just keep moving." Dissa doesn't alter his gate, pace, or any other mannerism.

Silver Crusade

The soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow of the nearby torches to reveal a grand chamber. A large pool of water along the chamber’s southern edge reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the east and west.

Rising up from the pool is a column of rock with steeply sloped sides and a flat top, as if someone had sawn off the top of a massive stalagmite. A miniature city carved from this same stone occupies nearly the entire surface. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The smooth cavern floor is covered in gravel and pebbles along the edge of the pool, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey.

You see a figure kneeling by the edge of the water. The figure does not seem to notice as you approach.

I've opened the whole map as you've made it far enough to see. You don't have to move your fig but the red line represents the general area that you're currently at.

Map

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

Barid leans close to his companions and whispers "You think that's the fishman Janira was telling us about? Should we go poke him?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

We do not want to spook the gillman, otherwise he might flee into the water and not return while we are here. states the half-orc.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

"Very well," Bozmir agrees with the party and approaches with loud footsteps and sword sheathed. He clears his throat as though to catch the Gillman's attention and says, "Excuse me sir or ma'am."

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Dissa follows Bozmir, and scans the area for threats while casting detect evil:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

"Today is an excellent day to meet again, stranger. Would you care to chat with us? We are explorers, and would love to better understand this diorama on the pedestal." Dissa greets the man, supporting Bozmir an a non-threatening manner.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Silver Crusade

The man doesn't seem to notice you.

Scarab Sages

Male Vudrani Unchained Rogue 1 HP 10/10 | AC 16, t 13, ff 13 | F+2 R+5 W-1 | Init +5 | Perc +3 (+4 traps)

Barid glances nervously from side to side.

Silver Crusade

You don't see anything threatening or out od the ordinary (for a cave at least!).

Grand Lodge

Male LN Medium humanoid (human, orc) Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10 AC 16 ouch 11, flat-footed 13 (+5armor, +1 Dex) hp 35(5d8+15) Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

Does it look like a person, soft skin and soft clothing? Is it like in a trance or like a statue?

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

"Stranger, perhaps you cannot hear me! I will approach you graciously, and prod you gently, anticipating you respond generously." Dissa projects his voice, with slight reverberation within the cavern.

Taking the pommel of his fauchard, Dissa gently prods the shoulder of the kneeling figure.

1) Should there be a response, he will back away swiftly and extend the utmost courtesy.

2) Should there be no response, he will increase the firmness of his prodding until either the figure acknowledges him, tips over, or Dissa realizes it's not a person.

Hopefully those actions make sense, and give you something to work with...

Dark Archive

Male Garundi cleric of Desna 1, HP 10/10, AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4, Init +2, Perception +7
Spells:
1st:bless, comprehend languages, expeditious retreat[D] 0: detect magic, light, stabilize

Jeza looks to what he is doing and makes small ripples in the water with his hand.

The Exchange

Male Ulfen Battle Scion 2 HP 16/21|AC 13,T 11,FF 11|F+5 R+2 W+4 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2|Per +4 (-2 sand)
unmodified:
HP 14/19|AC 14,T 12,FF 12|F+3 R+2 W+3 (+1 vs emo,+4 vs snd)|Init +2| Per +4
More:
Raging Song: 8/13 rounds

Bozmir looks towards the carving of the city, shooing away the frogs with his hand. He wonders if it is one he's familiar with and if the coins and braids have any significance.
He will also check it it's magical.

Geo, Hist, Local or Nob: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Silver Crusade

Before Dissa has a chance to poke the figure, he turns at the ripples in the water. I've enlarged his picture in the map so you can see what he looks like.

He startles up when he sees Jeza and then Dissa pointing a weapon at him. Holding up his hands showing he has no weapons, he says, "Who are you? I do not hold anything of value."

Perception DC10:
You notice the way he speaks seems to be indicative of a deaf person.

Grand Lodge

M Human Paladin (Holy Tactician) 1; HP 13/13; AC 17, FF 16, T 11; F/R/W, 4/1/0; Per -1; Init +3

Dissa stows his Fauchard with a flourish, and bows to the man. Speaking slowly, with his mouth facing directly at the man, he says"Can you read lips? I attempted to greet you, but you clearly did not hear my approach. I apologize for startling you. We are simply explorers, and I would love to learn more about your diorama." Dissa nods his head toward the modified stalagmite.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

101 to 150 of 3,114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Teamwork Experiment Table 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.