[PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


301 to 350 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia lets out a heavy sigh as she realizes her plan to create a distraction is no longer viable. She had hoped to get through this without violence, but sometimes the best laid plans... She immediately turns on her heels and begins running towards the western doors, hoping to catch her companions. "Stop! They are setting up defensible positions!"


From a narrative perspective, is the intent to engage or just try smash through the guards and do a runner?

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

I'd say smash through and run. We don't need to kill them all. We have what we need, just need to get through.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Smash through and get out. Stopping to fight just gives them time to get reinforcements.


Using Roldala as a living battering ram, the dozen-strong group descends on the group of guards attempting to defend the hallway. The guards are a bit perplexed as they were expecting an assault, not a breakout, and given they are outnumbered in the hallway fall back to regroup and, aside from some kicks and punches thrown, get out of the way.

The escapees burst onto the main street, only to see that the crowd has thinned significantly, and looking up the road you all see the Chief Interrogator walking purposefully towards the prison, a small halfling trailing behind.

You see him. He sees you. One of the guards comes out and screams "HELP!". Your eyes all lock for a minute. The small halfing quickly sidesteps to a festival tent and 'suddenly' the ten falls over - distracting the Interrogator... the halfling appears to be your friendly undercover agent who just mouths a word at you - 'RUN'.

Running or fighting?

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Running?
Sajna hurtles out of the prison doors, watching with relief as the halfling manages to slow down the Chief Interrogator.

"Let's go!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala nods curtly as she bulls ahead, Too much audience for this bout.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

"Time to leave! These dretches are not worth our time!"

Run.

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Running!


CHASE
*You are now in a chase to the docks.
*Rather than resolve it phase by phase, I will aim to do it in 'chunks' of two turns.
*You will get the action options for each turn, and every party member can take one of the available options.
*The aim is to get as many collective successes as possible, not just one big success.
*You can aid another though.
*You could always dice down and try going toe to toe... #whatcouldgowrongamIrite?

R1 - Parade
Parade: The runaways cross the path of a Loyalty Day parade, complete with floats, banners, and dancers. You could bring the parade to a halt with ranged attacks against AC 15 that deal at least 6 points of damage to the various decorations (multiple attackers can contribute to this total), a successful DC 16 Acrobatics check to barge through the marching lines, or by casting any conjuration spell of 1st-level or higher to create an impediment.

R2 - Supply Delivery
Supply Delivery: You come across a wagon loaded with supplies for the celebrations. You could stall oncoming guards with a successful DC 16 Handle Animal or wild empathy check to panic the draft animals, a successful DC 16 Disable Device check to unhinge the wagon and send it rolling down the street, or successful DC 13 Strength check to throw the supplies everywhere.


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe dodges through the parade lines, trying to lose the pursuers in the rush.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

And then tries to help toss supplies.

strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem shoulders his way through the parade, struggling to keep up.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

And then tosses supplies behind them with relish.

strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera pulls out her bow, and she taps herself with touch of Law again. She then shoots at the decorations.

Bow with Touch of law: 11 + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Round 1

Still disguised as the female guard from the prison, Cornelia runs alongside the others through the crowd and attempting to tangle up the marching lines, but not making much good of it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Round 2

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 14 + (2) = 24

Seeing the supply cart, Cornelia gets a grand idea to unhinge one of the wheels while the others busy themselves with tossing supplies!

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Roldala tears through the decorations with hard flung stones before barreling ineffectively into the wagons.

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min sends a magic missile arcing at the decorations! MM: 3d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 + 2 = 11 damage!

He attempts to help throw the supplies! Strength: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna darts into the parade lines, becoming quickly caught up in a throng of dancing girls as a tangle of banners come crashing down around her.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

When she finally reaches the cart, she does her best to help create chaos, but her fingers slip from the heavy cargo before she can get a good grasp.
Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


R1 & R2

Amarandlon - TBA/TBA
Cornelia - Fail/Pass
Minmaximus - Pass/Fail
Roldala - Pass/Fail
Sajna - Fail/Fail
Shera - Pass/TBA
Tem - Fail/Fail
Poe - Fail/Fail

Amarandlon up, Shera needs an R2 action

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera tries to throw around the cargo, and just tries to cause chaos.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon takes off running with the others, desperately sprinting through the streets. As they approach the loyalty day parade, he rummages in a pouch at his waist...

I'm a little unclear--since Min did more than 6 points of damage, is there any point to doing more damage to the floats? If so...

Grasping the pearl of power in his pocket, the elf's eyes light up and he quickly intones a series of arcane words, sending silvery missiles streaking into a balloon shaped like Her Imperial Majestrix's head!

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 3 = 13

As the group approaches pushes on toward the docks, he grabs a basket of fruit off one of the supply wagons and sends it flying into the air!

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

If more damage is pointless:
Amarandlon tries to weave through the crowd as best he can.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


R1 & R2

Amarandlon - Pass/Pass
Cornelia - Fail/Pass
Minmaximus - Pass/Fail
Roldala - Pass/Fail
Sajna - Fail/Fail
Shera - Pass/Fail
Tem - Fail/Fail
Poe - Fail/Fail

6 is the magic number, but what we're looking for is number of successes - the more passes you get, the more you hamper or delay the pursuer, hence my comment about it being about collective successes, not just one big success

The party races into the parade and with sling, bow, and magic missiles target the effigies overhead - surprisingly - the effigies burst open scattering candies and treats onto the road, the crowd turns into a chaotic mess as a result. The party has slipped through, but the mess of people slows and delays the pursuers, allowing you all to gain distance on them.

Whistles blow through the city however, as more guards rally towards the chase!

You round the corner on the carts and trade goods, but in the main, you don't manage too much carnage - only one toppled crate of apples and a broken wagon courtesy of Cornelia and Amarandlon. The guards flow over it quickly though, and CATCH UP the distance they had lost in the crowds...!

You need three successes as a minimum to keep pace

R3 Asmodean Service
An Asmodean religious rite lies ahead at a major intersection. You can sabotage the service with a successful DC 16 Bluff or Knowledge (religion) check, a successful DC 14 Climb check to disruptively scale the impromptu temple, by channeling positive energy in another deity’s name, or by casting any enchantment spell of 1st-level or higher. Such actions would be sure to draw confusion, ire, and outrage (and a subsequent commotion!)

R4 Street Performance
Further ahead you spy a street-side band that has gathered a crowd by playing Chelish anthems.
Crashing the performance with a successful DC 16 Perform check, a successful DC 13 Dexterity check to weave through the crowd, or by casting any illusion spell of 1st-level or higher - would probably turn the audience into a disorderly mass that clogs the avenue.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon continues racing ahead, slowing only slightly when he sees the religious rite going on. Well, I felt useless earlier when there was nothing to do with the guards...at least I won't have completely wasted my time spent in spell preparation today. Waving his hands, he shouts out a charm targeting one of the acolytes. "Toss me your miter!"

Casting charm person to sow confusion!

Smirking as he sees that he's managed to create some confusion among the diabolists, Amarandlon rounds the corner...only to encounter the street-side band. Skidding slightly as he slows down, he almost crashes into one of the musicians. Grabbing the conductor's shoulders, he mutters a word, and the woman promptly vanishes! He flees as the crowd erupts.

Ignore my flavor-posting if it's too much...but invisibility is technically an illusion spell, so I hope it works? :P


All good, great opener!

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna pants as she tries to out-pace the guards, who seem worryingly close to catching up to the group.

As Amarandlon begins sowing confusion among the acolytes, Sajna quickly recognises the hymns the group are singing, the melodies of which can be quite difficult for the common folk to grasp. Especially if someone were weaving her way through the crowd chanting her own hymns to Irori, which the gunslinger makes an immediate effort to do, meeting the diabolist's glares with a serene smile as she does so.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

As she burst through the crowd of worshipers into the middle of the street-side band's performance, she takes the opportunity to slip out of the spotlight and instead works to lose herself in the patriotic crowd of Chelish nationalists.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala quickly scales the impromptu temple, more out of pragmatism than impiety, but she isn't too concerned with Asmodeus's dignity, so it all works out.

However, her attempts to smash through the crowd aren't as successful, perhaps more finesse would have been useful...

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min scowls at the priests, then at the celebration. So much wasted faith in what? Religion. Faith that could be used properly to worship him. Wasted.

He sees the elf wizard cast his charm and nods. Touching his ring, he casts the same spell, this time on another acolyte. "That fellow!" he points at the charmed one Amar spoke to, "Is trying to disrupt this procession! Stop him!"

Moving along to the band, he sees a crowd and smiles a dark little smile. Murmuring, he casts forth a spray of mind altering colors! Color spray on the crowd! He revels in the chaos he has unleashed!


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe quickly scampers up one side the temple and down the other, leaving an impossible trail to follow.

climb; take ten, climb speed: 10 + 20 = 30

And then weaves through the crowd, relying on his speed and small frame to outpace the pursuers.

dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
dexterity: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"Make way fools and charlatans!"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera runs into the middle of the service, stops, and channels positive energy. "In the name of Erastil." She cries, and then continues moving.

When she reaches the street performance she quickly casts Touch of Law on herself, and dexterously makes her way though the crowd.

Dex, TOL: 11 + 4 = 15

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Round 3

Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + (2) = 19

Cornelia using her knowledge of the profane rites of Asmodeus to begin a deliberately false incantation loudly, hoping to drone out the others and draw the attention of the diabolic priests!

Round 4

Dexterity Check: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 3 + (3) = 17

Cornelia sees the street performance and she follows suit of her companions; she ducks and weaves through to crowd in a dance-like manner hoping to get some folks upon their feet.


R3 & R4
Amarandlon pass/pass
Cornelia pass/pass
Minmaximus Aid*/pass
Roldala pass/fail
Sajna pass/pass
Shera pass/pass
Tem fail/pass
Poe pass/pass

Between charming people, climbing all over the service, creating enormous blasphemies and general making-of-trouble the whole ceremony is reduced to a circus with people in a fuming outrage at what just took place - as the legitimate guards arrive on the scene they are seized upon by plaintiffs ho INSIST on giving full details and descriptions of the offences given, delaying the guards horribly.

This is made worse when members of the street performance are rendered invisible and the show cast into confusion, the party slipping through it all like a breeze - but the guards are further fouled!

Overall you are streaking ahead, if you can maintain a good pace, you have a stark lead the guards won't recover from... so long as you don't drop the ball at the end

R5 Fighting Pit
With guards blocking the main streets, you cut through a tavern that’s hosting a boxing match in its fighting pit. You could provoke a brawl that would likely spill into the streets with successful DC 16 Intimidate check, a melee attacks against AC 13 that deals at least 6 points of nonlethal damage (multiple attackers can contribute to this total), or by casting a spell of 1st level or higher that deals damage to a single target (such
as magic missile).

R6 Docks
The final stretch takes you down Ostenso Harbor’s docks. You could attempt DC 14 Swim checks to throw off land-bound pursuers, DC 16 Stealth checks to reach the waiting boat unnoticed, or DC 13 Constitution checks to just sprint the distance.

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

R5: Min streaks forward, his blood pumping and his chest hurting. He spots the fighting pit and sends a toppling magic missile at the nearest assailant! Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 3 + 2 = 17 and Trip!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs CMD!

R6: Spotting the harbor, Min feels his chest really tighten! He draws forth a scroll of touch of the sea and casts it upon himself, diving into the water and thankful for his waterproof bag! He can take 10 due to the spell to net a 17 on my swim check!

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Round 5

Intimidate DC 16: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (4) = 15

Cornelia attempts to provoke some of the reaction from the bystanders at the fight, but her words ring hollow and are completely ignored...

Round 6

Stealth DC 16: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Reeling from the failure at the fights, Cornelia doesn't pay attention as she attempts to sneak off and trips over a bucket of fish guts...


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

As Poe slips through the tavern he casts Chill Touch and quickly chills several orders of stew ready to be served. Creating an upsettingly unsatisfying meal for the patrons.

As they near the docks poe steps into the shadows and attempts to lose their pursuers.

stealth; elixir of hiding: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 10 = 24

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem plows through the tavern and bellows insults to the black short boxer and his fans.

intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

And then opens into a sprint as he spots the end in sight.

constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera pulls out a sap and swings it at one of the spectators, but she misses.

Sap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Then she tries to run past the guards to the boat.

Constitution check: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Coming up towards the dock, Roldala pours as much effort as she can into the final moments of the escape, slamming aside any unwary pugilists before diving into the sea. Raging
Unarmed Jab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Nonlethal: 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
GM Reroll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon, seeing the fight ahead, shouts out, "Begone, fools! Can't you see your betters have places to be?!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Unfortunately, he bumps up against one of the fighters and nearly topples over...

As the group races down the docks, he realizes that they're close to the boat and he's separated from the others. "Ah, to the hells with it," he mutters, waving his hands. "It looks like most of the others are making their way onto the boat..." He mutters a word, and vanishes.

Using my second casting of invisibility.

Stealth (Invisible): 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 20 = 35

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Cutting through the tavern Sajna finds herself in a tangle with some of the crowd and attempts to push them off of her with the butt of her musket.
+1 Musket (Pistol-Whip Deed) (Non-Lethal): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Eventually making her way through to the docks, Sajna gives it her all on the final stretch, sprinting to the waiting boat as fast as she can manage.
Constitution: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


R5 & R6

Amarandlon:Fail/Pass
Cornelia: Fail/Fail
Minmaximus: Pass/Pass
Roldala: Pass/Pass
Sajna: Fail/Pass
Shera: Fail/Pass
Tem: Fail/Pass
Poe: Pass/Pass

The brawl is turned into a circus and the tavern filled with intimidating bellows, chilly soup, and random spells - it keeps the pursuing guards at a healthy distance, but the dock coming into sight urges the party on to great success in the open as they stride boldly and bravely, opening up a great lead against the pursuers. In the end, only the most determined ones appear at the docks as you are rowed back to the waiting ship which is set to depart. They throw javelins rather pointlessly at the retreating boat, more in a display of frustration than anything else...

You board the Queen Gale, which sets sail immediately, taking you all swiftly to the east. On the way, Zefiro finally catches his breath and questions the party "I have survived, thanks to you all, as I thought I was due for a dark ending. We are saved, but may I inquire as to the fate of the histories I had found? How did you manage to learn about my whereabouts?"

Over to you guys - prior to getting to the 'end'

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia looks decidedly unhappy about the foul smell emanating from her boots due to the encounter with the bucket of rotting fish guts, her hands shaking slightly during the boat ride back to the Queen Gale. Once there she immediately strips off her boots and inquires about getting them cleaned. She then begins her regimented task of straightening her clothing and hair numerous times until everything about her appears to be immaculate once more. She lets out a satisfied sigh before turning her attention to Zefiro. "Worry not, Zefiro. We reclaimed your histories, but due to some very important information gleaned from it I will be holding on to them for now. I am sure you will be able to recover them for more investigation, but for now the Society will be very interested in learning much of what we recovered. How is it that you became captured?"


"House Thrune got wind of my research and documenting of the real histories, they simply had me abducted. They have long and powerful arms" he says with some dismay.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia sniffs derisively. "Yes, well you will be safe with us now to continue your work. I think you may be interested in meeting with someone for whom I work. A certain someone whose lineage you recently discovered." She winks and smiles knowingly. "In regards to learning your whereabouts, the Society has contacts everywhere and we worked to spring you from that awful fate. We could make do with resourceful individuals such as yourself, although perhaps you may need a little more instruction on how to keep a lower profile."

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min sniffs dismissively. "Definitely a lower profile. Or perhaps a better line of work, more suited for your skills. Something not requiring stealth. How would you like to work in the Dark Archives of the Society? Hidden knowledge, lost histories. You would be appreciated there." Min says in an almost diplomatic tone.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia nearly facepalms as Minmax bluntly approaches the subject of recruitment. 'He speaks of subtlety and yet he as surreptitious as a frost giant in a potion shop.'

LOL!

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

HA! Yep, I'm as subtle as an explosion in a church.


Diplomatic it might be, if you need a check off for your Faction sheet, you may need to dice down the required roll to sell him the grand vision of life in the Dark Archive :)

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Knowledge Arcana DC 19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Min weaves tales of books upon books upon books, all hot and dusty and waiting for Zefiro!

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera happily watches the port fade away into the horizon. "Thank goodness we made it out without too much trouble. Now I need to go and pray about all the local laws I broke." She'll head down below decks to commune with Erastil.

301 to 350 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.