[PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


101 to 150 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera confused at how wrong things have gone moves toward the door. She waits to see if the guards attack her and Relia.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem and Poe double move out to see what all the noise is about.


R1
Poe - move
Sajna - pass
Cornelia = TBA
Shera - move
Amarandlon
Minmax - cast (failed)/step
Tem - move
Roldala - Intimidates Orange

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 8 + (2) = 25

Cornelia attempts to disperse the fight without any further injuries! "Galvar, stay your men and this unnecessary violence before it escalates too far!" She looks at him menacingly, hoping the note of threat in her voice will be enough to stop the attack!


Timer:
5d20 ⇒ (4, 5, 10, 15, 11) = 45

Cornelia raises her voice at Galvar who seems completely thrown by it, he certainly didn't expect it to come. The other guards coming to seize Rol and Min look at her with a sense of determined aggression in return "Get the wizard!" cries one, "Their leader needs a lesson too!" calls another.

Galvar stammers, quite surprised and shaken "Err, not her" he steps back, unsure what to do - he's already given the order, to back down and belay it after being publicly intimidated would have nasty consequences...

He simply steps back out of the way for a moment to think.

Galvar: Delays

Red
Attacks Roldala.
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
But the sap connects with armour.

Orange
Shaken
Attacks Minmax.
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 6
Backing down from Roldala left him all over the place.

Light blue(Cyan)
Attacks Minmax.
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10/NL

Blue
Attacks Minmax.
Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8/NL
"How's ya silver platter now?"

Purple
Grabs at Cornelia.
Grapple attempt 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
"Don't get involved Madam"
Provokes AoO if Cornelia threatens

Minmax is being pummelled. 0 HP
Roldala has been missed.
A guard is trying to manhandle Cornelia.

The other guards are at their stations, as the seizure seems to be going well enough.

In the room, Thrick is swallowing hard, he doesn't seem to know what to do.

R2
Poe
Sajna
Cornelia
Shera
Amarandlon
Minmax
Tem
Roldala

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera tells Thrick, "I'm going to wait and see what happens. I really don't want to fight you for no reason." She stands and waits.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna stays back with Shera and Thrick. She keeps quiet, watching all her hard won favour with Galvar be undone by the wizard and the orc.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon is momentarily frozen in horror by the violence, but then gathers his wits and hurried to the door. "Enough, you fools!" he cries. "That up-jumped meddler has had enough, can't you see that?! You don't want to have to report a death to your leaders!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Amarandlon watches the guards closely. If they continue to attack Min, or deal lethal damage to his friends, he grits his teeth and dips his hands into his spell component pouch...

Readied action?:
I'm not totally sure I can ready an action--not sure what kind of action the Intimidate is---but if the conditions above are met and I can, I'll cast color spray defensively. Should get all guards adjacent to Min but orange, and purple too. If I can't ready, ignore this spoiler!

Concentration DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
DC 15 to resist.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala smashes a heavily spiked arm against the sap of the guard that struck her, tearing apart its binding and leaving him holding only a bit of leather braiding.

Her eyes are blazing, and she bites off each word as she gives a final warning, He's had enough. We're on the same side. Don't hit me again.

Sunder: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 1 = 31
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


Amarandlon, given what we’ve seen so far, and the reactions of the guards to the use of Intimidate, you certain that’s the way you are going to go? remember, it might work on one person, but it makes the rest of the guards who see you jawing off and looking tough want to bounce you onto the flagstones. They also take really poorly to any insults... ‘cooler heads prevailing’ perhaps.


Shera Dionas wrote:
Shera tells Thrick, "I'm going to wait and see what happens. I really don't want to fight you for no reason."

Thrick looks confused "Fight who? Me?"

***

Roldala smashes the mace of the person who just swung at her. He looks half impressed at the display, and half perturbed it too...

R2
Poe
Sajna - talking to Thrick
Cornelia
Shera - Delay
Amarandlon - Pending...
Minmax
Tem
Roldala - Sunder.

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min staggers back five feet, barely conscious. He draws a potion of Cure Light Wounds and downs it. If I can!

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


You are staggered, so it's move or standard action only sadly :(

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

5 ft step, then draw the potion. I'll drink next round... I hope.


Gotcha :)

Cornelia up!

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

*sigh* Yeah, I'm stuck between a legitimate desire to help and roleplaying Amarandlon's thickheadedness (and also, he's better at intimidate)...but I don't really want to intimidate them per se, I suppose. Just remind them that killing us isn't a good idea...if it's a diplomacy check, then that's 2 less than intimidate.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Unfortunately Cornelia has no weapon in hand currently and that grapple attempt matches her CMD...

Cornelia lets herself a small smile as Galvar seems to listen to her suggestion, but then one of the guards grabs her around torso and holds her arms down to the sides. She flails against the hold ineffectively while shouting. "Get your hands off of me, you buffoon! House Thrune will hear of this blunder, Galvar if your men do not release me this instant!"

Combat Maneuver (Break Grapple): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As a reminder, Cornelia is visibly wearing a token of House Thrune's favor she earned as a Boon. I know the only mechanical benefit is with a Diplomacy check, but just wanted to let you know that, Shifty just in case!


Noted Amar, we can massage it a bit as I get where you are going

One of the guards swipes at Minmax again.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

Knocking him clean out.

Galvar signals the others to stand down then turns to Cornelia "Which blunder? That you can't keep YOUR house in order and your men act like jumped up buffoons and instigators of stupidity? Amateurs at best. Perhaps your fellow there can serve as an example to the rest of your people to follow your directions more prudently in future. I consider this a personal favour to you"

The guards seem somewhat happy enough that a point has been made, and wander back to their tables (and posts). One even helps drag Minmax to the barracks to sleep off the beating.

Thrick looks quite nervous.

They are sitting back down to finish lunch

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna breathes a sigh of relief as things seem to be settling down.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala takes a few deep breaths at the violence avoided.

Hopefully they'll at least allow Shera or someone to tend to Min's injuries.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon gently slides the tiny vial of colored sand back into his spell component pouch. Well, that worked out...about as well as could be expected, he thinks. But now we're right back where we started...

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera asks Galvar, "Would it be all right if I tend to his wounds? Just enough to wake him up. I'll make sure he still feels the bruises. I have some medical experience. With this lot I need it." she shrugs as if this is a normal occurrence.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Galvar shrugs, everyone in the room is busy eating soup...

You can tend wounds, now that they have had their satisfaction for sleights, real and imagined, they have mostly moved on...

1 more minute into lunch...

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia lets out a huff of indignation before she looks at Galvar. "I'll take over for these guards here if they would like to eat." She indicates the three that have no eaten yet...

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera moves into the barraks and heals Min.

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

"No, Mister Fluffypants, I can't invite the Duchess to tea..." Min mumbles as he comes awake. He stares up at Shera, looking suddenly suspicious. "Wait. THAT SONUVABI... he had them beat me!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala tries to be inconspicuous in the corner, surprised at how glad she is that bloodshed was not the outcome.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera mops Min's brow just a little too hard. "You were your usually charming self. He couldn't help himself."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cornelia d'Malheur wrote:
"I'll take over for these guards here if they would like to eat."

"You'll take over what I tell you to take over, and when" Galvar orders everyone not on post back into the room.

He continues eating.

"Discipline, Madam. You lack discipline, and your men ignore you for it, carrying on like bufoons" he gestures at Roldala "Or like bloviating blow-hards like your fellow resting off the disciplining we were forced to give him due to your vast inadequacies"

Galvar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Lblue (cyan) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Blue 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Dark Blue 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Pink 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Thrick/Purple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Indeed, your sheer incom... what?"

He looks around as a bowl clatters to the floor, and all his guards in the room have passed out in their seats.

Ok, THAT is funny!

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia allows herself a confident smile as she hears the bowl clatters to the ground. She looks at Galvar with a raised eyebrow and a look of utter condescension in her bright, blue eyes. "You were saying something about incompetence, Galvar?" She gives him a hard stare. "At least my men do not fall asleep on the job." She gives Amarandlon a look as she emphasizes the word asleep.

That has to be one of my favorite PFS moments of all time!

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min scowls. His face seems suited to it. "At any rate, I owe that puffed up phallus of a man a debt. I aim to settle it."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

"Indeed. And we're also not the type to get distracted by pretty colors. Like you." As Galvar looks around--presumably in confusion--Amarandlon pulls a handful of colorful sand out of his spell component pouch and chants an arcane word. As he flings the sand forward, it explodes in a flash of blinding, shifting colored lights!

DC 15 Will save vs. a color spray, presumably cast in a surprise round? Up to you how you want to adjudicate it, Shifty. Hopefully he doesn't have too many hit dice. :D

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

At the sound of clattering bowls, Tem exits the latrine. "Now is the time little green man."

Poe attempt to paralyze Galvar, Tem will attempt to grapple him. How are we adjudicating this?

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala snatches up her hammer and moves to the doorway, readying it against any violence the guards might bring.


It looks like a suprrise round is taking place - Galvar didn't see it coming

Will 1d20 ⇒ 10

Galvar is blinded by the light and stunned by its brilliance!

1d4 ⇒ 3

Looks like not adjudicating much - he's now stunned and blind, at this stage it's more a case of 'bind and gag' or do what you wish.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia nods to her companions. "Well done, everybody." She quickly removes a coil of rope and tosses it to Roldala. "Gag him and tie him up, quickly! The rest of us need to move these bodies into the barracks. I'm going to try and poison the other three guards in the hallway." She gathers up three bowls of the stew and pours enough for each of the three guards.

Afterward she helps move the unconscious guards into the barracks...

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala bares her shattered teeth in a fierce smile at Amarandlon, then steps behind the door so as not to interfere with Cornelia's deception.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera sighs in relief. "Finally." She helps tie up the sleeping guards and lays them lined up in the barrack beds under blankets so they look like they are off shift.


The guards are easily dragged into the barracks. They will clearly be out for some time.

Galvar is bound and gagged, but will be coming too shortly.

Meanwhile, Cornelia prepares bowls of stew.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia hands her sap over to Roldala and whispers. "Feel free to beat Galvar into unconsciousness should he becomes too rowdy."

She then opens the door slightly and steps out into the hallway to address the guard with the bowls of soup. "Pardon the interruption, goodsir---I don't believe I learned your name. Galvar decided that my half-orc companion was in need of some additional discipline, so he and your companions will be tied up for some time. Therefore he ordered me to bring you all something to eat at your stations as recompense for my group's earlier misunderstanding." She walks over and offers him a bowl.

She glances to the left and takes note of the guard at the far end of the hallway with a slight nod. "I have some for your companion down the hall as well."

Linguistics (Orator - Bluff): 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 13 + (1) = 32

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min staggers back out to the others. "Nicely done. Mind if I give Galvar a parting gift?" If no one objects, Min kicks him hard in the crotch.


"That sounds very fair of Galvar, he must be in a good mood from the fair, but if Zafiro returned and saw us eating on post - or someone snitched - I doubt he'd be sparing us the whip for it" the guards politely decline "Hopefully he gets that sorted out shortly, if he wanted to discipline the half-orc then we have cells for that, not a common room" the guard rolls his eyes.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

A few broken bones might be our best bet.


Galvar and the rest of the incapacitated guards are in the barracks, meanwhile the guards outside the room are expecting a long delay due to the recent disruptions...

Got a plan?

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"Roldala come with me. I have an idea. I'm going to try to incipacitate the guard on the east side, and if you could grab him so we can gag and tie him up, I'd appreciate it."

Shera moves out of the guard barracks, and moves just out of sight of the guard down the hall. She gives Cornelia a look and begins to cast a spell.

Casting Command on Orange. Hopefully Cornelia has something that will incapacitate red.

DC 13 Will save or he is told to Halt for one round.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Unfortunately, Cornelia doesn't have anything right now to incapacitate. I gave Roldala my only sap... I was actually thinking about using the Potion of Love upon Galvar after Cornelia's last failure.


Rol, if you check the map you can see that the guards are staggered in such a way that one guard is within sight of another (red and orange can be seen by two).

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

I think I don't quite get your plan Shera. Are you wanting me to bludgeon yellow once orange isn't looking? Or is the hope that orange will follow us somewhere unwise?

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

I was hoping you could grab Yellow once I told him not to move with the Command spell. I had hoped that Cornelia had a way to keep Orange busy while we did that.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

If Cornelia's willing to try with some bluff, I'm up to nonlethally bludgeon someone into unconsciousness!

101 to 150 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.