[PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


1 to 50 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Replaces Table 3

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Checking in. Thanks again, Shifty.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Checking in. Thanks again for picking us up.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Feeling very grateful and checking in.


Shera heads into the room, and looks around. "Just a storage room? Do you keep overflow prisoners here or are these cages for intake?"

"Just spares, only suitable for minor offenders"

***

Tem crosses the room, ready to explore the next room.

"Accounting and administration, you're guards, not scribes, no need to go there"

Galvar waves on, "Come on, I need to show you the common room"

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem grunts and follows Galvar. "Paper pushers, useless."


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe's natural curiosity bubbles to the surface and does a double take on the door before following the others out. Does this look like a scribes door? Is he distracting us from something.

sense motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Poe's instinct is that the comment is genuine, he's just not that interested in taking you places you don't need to go. The door looks pretty ordinary and you have no reason to doubt the description given.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia takes note of that room and attempts to sense if Galvar is displaying any deception; however, she is much too distracted by what may lay behind the door.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

"Yes, please do show us the common room, but I do have an inquiry about the records room. In the event of an escape and we need to search that room, are there normally individuals staffed in that room?"


"Usually a scribe slaving over blotting paper and an inkwell. Boring work."

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala grunts neutrally at the description, Where are the actual prisoners then?


”in the prison” he offers back.

Any more for this room?

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna follows Galvar closely.

”Let us be heading to the common room then,” she says with a smile.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"Let's head to the common room then. I'm interested in meeting the other guards." Shera heads out after Tem.


Galavar leads the party back around to the other side of the foyer to another door and opens it.

This cozy chamber features wooden chairs arranged casually around two tables. Two blazing fireplaces warm the room — a western one facing in toward an open door and a southern one furnished with kitchen utensils and cook pots. Playing cards, dice, and other diversions litter the tables. A gamey smell wafts through the room.

Five guards are in here laughing and joking and having a good time, they pause briefly as you enter.

Galvar continues "This is our staff lounge, through one door is the barracks and then the privies are off of that, the other is storage for you guards, you can leave any valuables or the like in there."


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe checks out the storage room, happy to off-load his bedroll. He relaxes now that his backpack is a little lighter. Of course, Poe takes the opportunity to try to spot anything out of place in the storage room.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem greets one of the offduty guards, attempting to break the ice. "Good gig you got here. Quiet, in the city, orderly. Whose family did you marry into to get here?"

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia looks around the area and follows behind Poe to examine the storage room to see if they can locate anything that might assist with the rescue; any spare uniforms or the like...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Tem, the First and Last wrote:
Tem greets one of the offduty guards, attempting to break the ice. "Good gig you got here. Quiet, in the city, orderly. Whose family did you marry into to get here?"

The guards appear quite jovial and friendly, welcoming you in and suggesting you take a seat and enjoy the 'ambience'. "Not a bad job eh? Look it's not the best in the world, but the work is straightforward, not horribly difficult, and the pay is timely. Great job if you can get the work I reckon, the guests don't like it so much but then they didn't get here because they were collecting alms for the poor or building a Church of Shelyn"

***

Looking into the store room, the room contains chests for the guards’ personal belongings. Several spare guard tabards hang from the rack along the northeast wall.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Would Cornelia be able to swipe one of the tabards and stash it in her backpack? What rolls if any would be necessary?

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala looks for any sort of shared stew pot or canteen. Few enough missions we get given poison, I'd hate to bring any back.


Cornelia d'Malheur wrote:
Would Cornelia be able to swipe one of the tabards and stash it in her backpack? What rolls if any would be necessary?

Nil roll required, it is sort of expected that as a bunch of rentaguards you'd be likely to need one, and no one is watching

Rolada looks over to the stove and spots a guard chopping vegetables and herbs into the gamey smelling stewpot - clearly the next collective meal.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Who would be best at sneakily poisoning supposed friends. Probably the Chel.

Roldala gives Cornelia a significant nudge towards the stew. Smells good.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna pokes her head into the barracks and has a quick look around while the others consider the possibilities of poisoned stew.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera takes a seat with the other guards, and starts asking some friendly questions, "How many prisoners are there now? Any particular troublemakers we need to keep an eye out for?"

She gives them a grin, "Anyone particularly interesting or famous being held right now?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Sajna sticks her head into the barracks. The room is lined with triple bunk beds. Three guards are just waking up, obviously recovering from a late night shift. They’re groggy but conversational as they don armor. They look to the opening door and Sajna peering through it at them "Excuse us milady, some privacy perhaps"

***

"How many prisoners are there now? Any particular troublemakers we need to keep an eye out for?" "Anyone particularly interesting or famous being held right now?"

"Dunno, a few? We rarely go in that part, it's the interrogators that head in there - every now and then one of us goes in to help drop off a meal or something, but there's usually little disturbance or trouble out of anyone after the first day" the guard lets the obvious reason linger "Of course they all claim to be important, or connected to this family or that, or have the money to pay some imaginary price... and every one of them protests innocence too - never locked up a guilty person apparently. Anyhow, we're locked in with 'em and missing all the joviality elsewhere."

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Blushing, Sajna quickly ducks back out of the barracks and rejoins the others around the table.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem nods and then looks at Galavar expectantly, waiting for the rest of the tour.


Galvar seems to be making himself comfortable, there doesn't appear to be much more tour scheduled...


That's a handball to you guys :) feel free to start plotting

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia will take one of the tabards and slips it over her clothing and armor. After she glances at Rondala and nods. She wanders over and sniffs the stew. "Hmmm..."


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe grabs a tabard for himself and Tem then steps into the hall to stretch his legs. He is careful to stay within 50 feet of Tem... Tem gets really angry when he wanders off and breaks the tether...

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Tem sits with the guards and starts to swap war stories and telling tales of his time in the Molthune military, anything to keep them distracted from the activities of his team.

"...So there we were three days into Nirmathas territory, lancers on our tail when out of the supply chest crawls a young boy! It was the general's son!..."
diplomacy; to aid sneaky stuff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Apparently my edit didn't take...

Cornelia looks up at the cook. "What sorts of ingredients have you added to this interesting concoction? I might have a special ingredient that would greatly enhance the flavor?" She smiles sweetly.

Linguistics (Orator: Diplomacy option: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 13 + (5) = 21


Cornelia begins conversing with the would-be chef, "Just some herbs from home, not sure what they are called - just been using em for years, as have others who grab 'em from the garden. Meat isn't always the freshest so it goes a long way to keeping the taste alright"

"Thrick" he introduces himself as he chops a leek into the stew.

***

Meanwhile, the guards really aren't sure what to make of Tem, a couple are playing cards and look up appraisingly "Come join us for a game and tell us the rest of that"

Poe obtains some tabbards.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera follows Poe out of the room and down the hallway. She's headed for the northwest door at a slow shuffle. She nods to the guard. "Want anyone to take over for you? There's some amazing stories going on in the common room, and I've heard them all before." She gives a little bit of an eye roll and a shrug.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Could Cornelia maybe identify the herbs with a Knowledge: Nature skill check?

Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 8 + (1) = 24

"Would you mind if I examine the contents to see if my special ingredient might work to improve the flavor of the meat, Thrick? My name is Cornelia by the way."

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

Putting on the tabard from Poe, Tem joins the card game pulling a few coins from his very solid belt to ante up. "Don't mind the ectoplasm. If you can, avoid dying in a cursed manor. That is a story of later, a drunk later... Anyhow, so there I was dressed up like a farmer, with the general's boy in rags right beside me facing down twenty lancers..."

Tem continues to do what he can to keep everyone distracted.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Seeing the others dressing the part, Sajna also picks out a tabard and slips the uniform on over the top of her sari.

Once she looks more the part, she heads back out into the prison and mirrors Shera, heading off down the northeast corridor.

"Hello!" She calls out to the guard at the end of the hall.
"Have you been working here long? I'm trying to get an idea for the layout of the place and am wondering to myself what is through this way? Do you mind if I take a look?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 3 + 2 = 33


As it becomes abundantly clear half the party has exited the room, Galvar summons the guards preparing in the barracks and takes a mass of guards from the guard room - Galvar is at the head of the group looking rather displeased. "You aren't to wander unescorted through here, did we not have this discussion?"

Tem has lost his audience and the joviality of the room has rapidly cooled...

Sajna finds herself somewhat surrounded, Shera and Poe slightly less boxed in.

Swords have not been drawn, but the mood has certainly become somewhat edgier and tense.

***

Thrick continues the cooking quietly.

***

It dawns slowly on Cornelia that two of the herbs Thrick is adding to the stew are natural catalysts for oil of taggit that enhance its potency and could affect anyone who tastes it.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

”Many apologies mister Galvar, sir. I do not think I heard you say so. My friends and I were just looking for some way to be helpful now that the tour is over.” Sajna bows humbly to the guards, looking sheepish.


"Well you aren't to wander about in here unaccompanied" he admonishes. "If you want to go places, you will have an escort. How am I supposed to rely on people who just get up and wander off at a whim and I can't find them where I need them?"

He seems to be a bit calmer.

The guards Sanja and Shera were talking to just nod in agreement (sympathetically) "You lot can't really wander free, and certainly not alone - it's dangerous in areas and there's some things we aren't supposed to see"

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia spends a moment sniffing at the stew and smiles. "Thrick, I do believe this oil would do wonders to enhance the flavor of your stew. May I?"

Before Cornelia takes out the bottles... I just want to make sure that there were no markings on the bottles... Would not do to say "Hey, can I add this to your stew?" and have TAGGIT marked right across the front lol.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon puts on a tabard as well, and winces when he sees the others castigated for leaving the room. Despite his friendliness, it seems that Galvar will not be willing to turn a blind eye to us...not unforced, anyway. He's half-tempted to enchant the man on the spot, but there are too many witnesses, and he can see Cornelia in conversation with the chef.

If I know that human, she's plotting something...we'll see what emerges.


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe squeeks in fright and hustles back into the barracks.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

"Sir! We weren't assigned to to you just to sit in a barracks! Assign a duty." Tem responds, working to keep his anger in check and not disrupt the good will the others have established.


I assume that the poisons aren;t in a bottle with skull and crossbones on the front too :p

Cornelia offers to spice the stew, Thrick looks across "What is it?"

Meanhwile Poe and the rest of the party are herded back to the room.

Tem challenges the supervisor, which further turns the room a bit more edgy - Galvar looks at the Phantom with malice "There's a bucket and mop in the storeroom, reckon you can wield them with vigour at the latrines" - he has laid it down as a clear challenge, the rest of the guards have gone quiet.

You could hear a pin drop.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Orator (Bluff): 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 13 + (2) = 25

Cornelia winces at Tem's challenge, but quickly diverts her attention to the topic at hand with Thrick. "Truffle oil." She smiles. "It would go quite well with the leeks, I believe and perhaps to help cover up the questionable meat. What do say, Thrick?"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

"So sorry. I'll head back. I was just trying to be helpful. Nobody really wants to be here on a festival day." Shera will shrug and make her way back to the common room.

Shera looks to see if he's speaking to Tem or the entire group.

If He's Speaking to the Group:
Shera sighs, and heads toward the bucket. "Where are the latrines?" I hope he won't want to watch me mop the floor.


1d20 ⇒ 5

Shera, he was talking to Tem as Tem openly challenged him
Shera seems to be mostly forgiven, and her transgression mostly forgotten as the scene with Tem plays out.

Cornelia offers Thrick the option of her delicious truffle oil and he pauses for a moment "I heard that is really expensive... too good for this stew, but if you have it spare then why not eh? A bit of a treat for the festival"

Is Cornelia adding one or two doses?

1 to 50 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.