[PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


251 to 300 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Each trap requires a Perception check AND a disable, but the good news is Cornelias take 10 is enough for the perception.

Leaning across, Cornelia CAREFULLY locates the winding mechanism of the statues flanking the doors and disables them.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Okay, good to know! Thanks, Shifty. Can she get to the other traps from here? Or does it appear that she needs to go to the other set of doors to access the other two statues? If she can get to the other traps from here, she will do so and Take 10 for each one. If not, she will run around to the other doors and disarm the two down that way.


You could go back around and crack the other doors to get the bottom two

Cornelia opens the far doors and disables the two mechanisms to the south. Time continues to simultaneously drag o and rush by.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Once the traps are disabled, Sajna nods politely at Cornelia and joins Roldala in freeing the prisoners.
Do either of they keys we found work on these shackles?


Four traps are live, let me know who is heading in..,

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Once Cornelia gives the okay, Roldala heads in to shatter some chains.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera will stay to the back bow at the ready. "Let me know when I can get in and heal them." She watches everyone's back.

"I have the Touch of Law if anyone wants to feels that might help them."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Touch of Law lets you act as if you roll an 11 on your next roll.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

So there's no way at all to get to the other statues without activating the trap? There has to be something else we are missing... That makes no sense for this room to be trapped in a way that the interrogator cannot get to his prisoners without activating this trap.


Tick tock... :p

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Cornelia curses under her breath and looks across the room to her companions. She begins to nimbly move along the wall towards the set of pillars to her right (east on the map), hoping to avoid touching any of the chains upon the ground... If she reaches the next pillar alive she will immediately begin disarming the trap... Take 10.

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min stands in the doorway, unwilling to enter. He watches the disabling with an impatient air. "Work quickly! Our time is limited." he hisses, not being even the least helpful.

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia shoots the wizard an irritable look. "Then feel free to put your magic to good use, wizard!" She focuses back on the task at hand.

Hah!

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

"What do you want me to do? I am a master of Evocation, a bringer of wrath! Shall I angry the traps? Would you like me to scowl fiercely at them? Work faster and talk less!" Min gripes, once again proving why he wins the Most Likely to Be Murdered By His Teammates award every Society holiday party.


As Cornelia enters the chamber the chains begin to move rapidly...

Initiative Rolls:

Init - Cornelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Init - Amarandlon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init - Sajna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Init - Roldala: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Init -Minmaximus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Init -Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Init -Tem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Init -Poe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

R1
Roldala
Minmaximus
Poe
CHAINS

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Fine.

Roldala steps forward, swinging for the northwest statue, trying to shatter the anchor point for the chains.

Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17 +4 if this counts as breaking an object, +6 if this would count as sundering
Magic Adamantine Bludgeoning: 1d12 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11


The Statues by the door have been disarmed (Marked by yellow stars - I assume Roldala would likely have been in the front row, and have moved her to the nearest valid target

Roldala smashes one of the statues anchor points, the chains around her are no longer moving.

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

D'oh! Appreciated.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Amarandlon groans. "And I, of course, came prepared to distract and disable guards...not automatons..."

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

Min's eyes go wider as the chains begin to flail. "Dash it all! I though you were disabling the trap!" He curses loudly and steps into the room, sending a scorching ray at the nearest undisabled statue.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 for 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) + 2 = 10 fire damage!


Min blasts another assembly into inoperability...!

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera rushes into the room, and tries to disable the remaining statue to her right.

Southwest of her.

+1 Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Awaiting Poe, then I can resolve :)


Someone want to bot Poe? Or he can /delay


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe waits as he tries to understand this room's traps.

Poe delays, sorry work exploded on me these past few weeks.


The chains spring into action!
1d4 ⇒ 3

In one corner, the chains lash out at the bound prisoner, flaying flesh from bone! You recognise it is your man!

Damage 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

Prisoners
1
2
3
4 (Zefiro) -8

He screams a bloodcurdling cry! The whole apparatus creaks and groans, the nose of clanging metal fills the prison - surely everyone in the building is now aware what is taking place.

R1 Cot'd
Poe {Delay}
Tem
Sajna
Amarandlon
Cornelia

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

"Dammit all! If the fool is dead he'll be of no use to us! Shut down the trap and get Zefiro!" Min helpfully shouts.

Grand Lodge

Outsider (phantom)| AC19 T11 F18 DR 5/slashing | HP 19/19 | CMD:17 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+3 | Init:+1 | Perception: +0 | usurp manifestation 2/7 | Active Effects: Ectoplasmic Form, endure elements, mage armor

"Damn suicide missions! Anchor, I'll need my armor!" Tem rushes over to get closer to one of the statues.

Double move into the room.


Grippli Haunted Spiritualist 4| AC17 T13 F15 | HP 31/31 | CMD:14 | F:+7 R:+4 W:+10 | Init:+2 | Perception: +13 | Spells: 2nd:2/2 1st-3/5, Bonded Senses 3/3 | Active Effects: endure elements

Poe casts a quick protective spell over Tem and a suit of force armor materializes out of the ectoplasm, turning into a ghostly suit of full plate. Then rushes forward to care for the prisoner.

Cast mage armor on Tem, move forward 30 ft while drawing a want of cure light wounds.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

"We must hurry," Amarandlon urges. "We've little time..." He steps up to the door into the room and, taking aim, utters a quick word. A pair of silvery missiles of force arc out from his hand and slam into the statue closest to Tem.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

And that's the last of the evocations I'm confident will work...blast.


The statue stills as the magical missiles strike it.

R1 Cot'd
Poe -Acted
Tem -Acted
Sajna
Amarandlon -Cast
Cornelia

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera rushes into the room getting close to Zefrio and casts cure light wounds.

"Hopefully moving the crystals to the southern end will help stop some of the sound, but I'm not holding my breath."

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia curses her bad luck as the chains whip around the room and begin to flay poor Zefiro. "There is no way the guards did not hear all that racket if the crystals were not functioning properly. I will see about putting my disguise to good use! I'll try to lead the guards around to the right of the prison. You all go left! Roldala, do your best on those chains and wish me luck!" Unless her companions stop her, Cornelia begins moving towards the last area they knew the guards to be located.

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna unslings her musket as she steps into the chamber. Confident that the noise of the chains will mask the sound of her firearm, she takes aim at the remaining statue.
+1 Musket: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The statue shatters!.

You guys did well with those statues by having a really good disarm. That trap tore up the other two parties pretty well and killed at least one prisoner... awesome!

End combat.

Cornelia starts heading back out to try confuse the guards...

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala immediately begins freeing prisoners, hammering the chains that bind them into scrap. "Anyone with the damned keys should help too!" Let me know if any rolls are required, but unless these chains are quite formidable, I don't expect that'll be the case.


Breaking the prisoners free takes about a round

The Exchange

Female Human (Vudrani) Gunslinger 4 | HP 12/28 | AC 17 T 16 FF 12 | Fort+4 Ref +8 Will+3 | Initiative +6 (+8) | Perception +9 | Grit 2/2 |

Sajna smiles as she sees the statue crumble through the cloud of smoke her weapon leaves before her. She works quickly to reload as the prisoners are freed.


Zefiro is the only one injured, and he seems wracked with pain and very slow on his feet (hobbling weakly) as a result "Thank you, these three friends are fellow Bellflowers - we must escape this place"

The healing works wonders though, and with the wand performing its magic, he moves like a much healthier and sprightlier fellow!

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

"Bellflowers. Needless risks in a country that wants you dead, Ballinger. Let's get these fools out of here before anyone else comes looking. Do we have all the information we need?" Min grumbles.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

"Not all," Amarandlon murmurs to Minmaximus, who was also present for his brief "chat" with Lady Dralneen and Cornelia. Approaching Zefiro, he asks, "Zefiro, do you know how you ended up in this prison? I have...reason to believe that it may be the work of someone acting against our Society, and if I can find any evidence I would like to see that brought to light."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Shera responds to Amarandlon with a question, "Minmaximus didn't you and Cornelia grab all the pertinent documents in the office? We should leave as soon as possible. I don't want to leave Cornelia alone any longer than we need to."

Dark Archive

HP 55/55; AC 14, T 14, FF 10; CMD 16; Init +4, Perc +1; F +6, R+9, W+8

"Cornelia has some documents, but I have not reviewed them. Time is of the essence, after all."

Have we checked the office in the NW part of the complex?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You have cleared out the Office and the Vault

'Freedom and liberty are noble goals, and we risk our lives for the abolition of slavery and the right of each person to live a life free of chains" Zefiro politely explains to Minmax.

"I'm not entirely sure, I hoped you got evidence or some more solid clues - I only have suspicions"

You got some solid evidence from the vault - in the handouts

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

"If it's not enough, we'll just break in again! We have to go. Now."


Roldala has the right idea - but does she have a plan?

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard (Spellbinder) 4
Vitals:
HP: 19/19 | AC/T/FF: 14/14/11 | Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3 (+4 vs. spells and SLAs, +5 vs. illusions) | CMD: 16 | Reveal Weakness used: 0/7

Damn, that's right. I'm sorry. We should be good then.

"Indeed. I suppose what we have from the vault will suffice." Amarandlon turns to Roldala. "As I understand it, Cornelia has gone to delay the guards to the east. We should go the opposite way to minimize our chances of being seen...although technically, of course, we are not unauthorized visitors. As we move into the hall I can make two of these escapees invisible. Zefiro, obviously, and one other. But we will need to hide the other two somehow to effect our escape."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 4 LG | Init +4 | Perception +9 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 27/27 | Fort +5, Ref +6 Will +7

Put them in the middle of the group. Perhaps they can avoid notice long enough for us to get out of here." She begins to head to the west doors to take a peek. She casts Touch of Law on herself

Perception, w Touch of law: 11 + 9 = 20

Dark Archive

Female Chelaxian Investigator Empiricist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 18 (22) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perc +11/+12 | Inspiration 3/6

Cornelia continues through the hallways to the last known area where the guards were known to be heading. She reaches the doorway and takes a moment to began breathing heavily before opening the doorway still in her disguise as the female guard in the Admin room)...

Liberty's Edge

Female Half-Orc Invulnerable Rager 6 | HP 60/60(72) | AC 17 (15), T 11 (9), FF 16 | CMD 23 | Fort +10(12)(16), Ref +6(10), Will +6(8)(10) | Init +1 | Perc +10 | SM -1 | Rage Rounds 14/16

Roldala doesn't bother to argue about whether or not they've been heard, Hopefully Cornelia can stall them a bit longer though.
Instead she just begins herding the prisoners towards the front door, Halflings, keep to the center, and stay quiet! Amarandlon, do what you can to hide the others. Everyone be ready to make a break for it though. We'll be luckier than we deserve if we get out of here without trouble.

Pathing in blue on the map.


Cornelia hears the guards in the hallway, she pauses for a moment when she hears that the one giving all the one giving the orders has a female voice. The guards sound like they are preparing for battle and getting positioned to defend.

The main body of the jailbreakers pushes out the western door...

251 to 300 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.