[PFS/Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


351 to 368 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

R3 & R4
Doran - Fail/Fail
Elemenar - Pass/Fail
Ischell - Fail/Pass
Malora - TBA/TBA
Mindartis - Pass/Pass
Vexin - TBA/TBA

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Dexterity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Seeing the crowd gathered for an Asmodean sermon Vexin tries to spread ridiculous claims during each verse but being a halfling the crowd was not interested.

Pushing ahead with a grumble he encounters another crowd but this time it gives him quite a bit more trouble.

OOF Sorry guys!

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 53/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 20 ft reach, Ablative Barrier 20/25, Enlarged, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Malora said that we could bot her. If we need more passes to go on, I would be happy to roll for her. Climb +6, Dex +2 appear to be her best roles- but someone could double check that.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Just in time! Haha.

Seeing the religious service, Malora can't help but toss out an extra prayer. Unfortunately, she's overheard, and it causes quite the stir!

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Coming upon the street performance she tries to weave through the crowd.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


R3 & R4
Doran - Fail/Fail
Elemenar - Pass/Fail
Ischell - Fail/Pass
Malora - Pass/Pass
Mindartis - Pass/Pass
Vexin - Fail/Fail

Elemenar, Malora, and Mindartis turn the otherwise-respectable gathering into a circus by freely propagating great heresies and outlandish behaviour that throws the crowd into a bit of an uproar. Whilst they manage to slow the deadly pursuers, the crowd is not enough to slow them further and they are neatly keeping pace with the party...

Rounding into the street performers, the party manages weave through pretty well, but maybe not as well as they'd like - gaining no advantage over the Chief Interrogator!

Overall, the guards have maintained the pace, you need to really pour in the successes over the next two rounds or risk a number of them intercepting you. If you have any aces left in your sleeves, now is the time!

R5 Fighting Pit
With guards blocking the main streets, you cut through a tavern that’s hosting a boxing match in its fighting pit. You could provoke a brawl that would likely spill into the streets with successful DC 16 Intimidate check, a melee attacks against AC 13 that deals at least 6 points of nonlethal damage (multiple attackers can contribute to this total), or by casting a spell of 1st level or higher that deals damage to a single target (such
as magic missile).

R6 Docks
The final stretch takes you down Ostenso Harbor’s docks. You could attempt DC 14 Swim checks to throw off land-bound pursuers, DC 16 Stealth checks to reach the waiting boat unnoticed, or DC 13 Constitution checks to just sprint the distance.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Can we switch weapons during the chase?

Mindartis tries to start a brawl with his scimitars, but he finds it difficult not to use the sharp edges of his blades.

Scimitar, NL: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12

Damage, NL: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

With the harbor now in sight, he tiptoes towards it, feeling confident that he is not seen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Doran grabs his sap and swings at a combatant.

sap: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He then catches his breath and tries to spribt as fast as his armour will let him.

Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Would Fire Jet count as doing damage from a level 1 spell?

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Seeing that they haven't shaken pursuit, Malora grits her teeth and runs as fast as she can. At the boxing match she shouts threats at the crowd, with the aim of causing a brawl.

Abadar forgive me...

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

As the docks come into sight she makes a run for it, hoping to reach the boat safely...

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 53/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 20 ft reach, Ablative Barrier 20/25, Enlarged, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Diverted through the makeshift boxing match, Ischell takes the opportunity to shove, strike, or otherwise engage with several of the patrons- all in the effort to sow confusion and chaos in the crowd.

Unarmed, Flurry #1, PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage #1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Unarmed, Flurry #2, PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage #2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Suddenly the docks open up before them. With the guards closely following, Ischell lowers his head making once last final push towards the safety of the ship.

Con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Vexin seeing the potential for a brawl takes the flat of his blade and smashes it into one of the boxers.

Adaptable Luck +2. 1/3 Remaining
Longsword (Non-lethal): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 22
C. Confirm: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 3

Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
C. Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

What a set of rolls! Max then Min!

He then attempts to sneak the group through to the docks as the fight breaks out.

Adaptable Luck +2. 0/3 Remaining
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 = 18


@Mindartis - changing weapons is fine.
@Elemenar - Seems like it should fit the bill, happy with that.

R5 & R6
Doran - Pass/Pass
Elemenar - TBA/TBA
Ischell - Pass/Pass
Malora - Pass/Fail
Mindartis -Pass/Fail
Vexin - Pass/Pass

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar singles out a tall and burly man who is standing next to the boxing circle. He points his staff at the man and a jet of fire shoots out at him. The distraction allows Elemenar to continue through the tavern.

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Finally he arrives at the docks. This isn't going to be easy. He looks at the water with a small amount of fear then considers sneaking onto the boat. With all of the commotion, his chances of getting past unnoticed are near zero. With no other option he puts his head down and starts running as quickly as he can towards the waiting boat.

con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The brawl is turned into a circus and the tavern filled with intimidating bellows, cheeky blows, and random spells - it keeps the pursuing guards at a healthy distance and they are completely jammed in the ensuing rolling brawl that spills out onto the street.

The docks coming into sight urges you all on, but clearly people are getting rather tired and heavy legs as the adrenaline starts wearing off, however the lead that was opened up back at the tavern holds and you make it into the awaiting jolly boat.

In the end, only the most determined pursuers appear at the docks as you are rowed back to the waiting ship which is set to depart. They throw javelins rather pointlessly at the retreating boat, more in a display of frustration than anything else...

You board the Queen Gale, which sets sail immediately, taking you all swiftly to the east. On the way, Zefiro finally catches his breath and questions the party "I have survived, thanks to you all, as I thought I was due for a dark ending. We are saved, but may I inquire as to the fate of the histories I had found? How did you manage to learn about my whereabouts?"

Over to you guys - prior to getting to the 'end'

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 53/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 20 ft reach, Ablative Barrier 20/25, Enlarged, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

"It was the bellflowers, man. They gave us the intel to come in and bust you out! Don't worry though dude, we managed to recover your records before we split"

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora nods. "We collected what we could, Zefiro, but I can't be sure we got all of it. We've done what we could..."

Her voice trails off into silence as she looks back at the city. She watches the chaos on the docks in the distance and frowns. She had broken so many laws since coming to Cheliax... Justified or not, she wasn't sure Abadar would forgive her. Or even if she could forgive herself.

Looking back at Zefiro and the others they had saved, the corners of her lips turn up in a sad smile.

"I did the best I could." she assures herself. And that will have to do...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Doran rests a meaty paw on Malora's slumped shoulder. I think you'll find forgiveness from your god. Sometimes darker deeds need to be done. I made my peace long ago....don't compromise on your beliefs...it makes you who you are.


The historian smiles at Ischel's revelation "Thank you, thank you all so very much" he appears elated.

"It is Cheliax, we can only try do the best we can" he offers solace to Malora.

***
Once in Andoran, you reconvene with Zarta Dralneen and Venture-Captain Dennel Hamshanks for debriefing. Tamrin also joins the discussion, having escaped Ostenso on his own under the cover of the chaos the party sowed through the streets. He proudly remarks "The Ostensons’ confusion was complete, congratulations on a job well done!"

Zarta Dralneen was unaware of her connection to the fallen House Davian. As she reads the annotated history that identifies her as a descendant of House Davian causes Zarta to drop her lasciviousfaçade for a moment. She reads the document in poignant awe before earnestly thanking you for bringing this information to light. "My ability to claim my ancestral legacy and lands is stymied so long as House Thrune is in power. However, the personal significance of this news is considerable I think I need time to sort out her feelings on the matter."

That's a wrap!

351 to 368 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.