[PFS/Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Nik B.

Maps & handouts


1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Replaces Table 2

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

dotting....thanks shifty!

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Dotting.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar raises his staff and makes a wide circle of flame high in the air. He finishes his flourish by poking a dot into the middle of the flaming circle. It all fades away in a manner of seconds.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Thanks, Shifty!


"What type of leisure schedule are you provided by your employer, man?" Ischell small talks while glancing around the room. "The dudes in there seem to be enjoying themselves!"

"Man?" he enquires with a raised eyebrow that makes it clear that such an informal address is a fairly significant social gaffe. "When not required, the guards may enjoy some frivolity and spare time in their common room. As may the help." the last part particularly barbed, and clearly aimed at Ischell.

***

She gestures at the two doors further into the room. "Those are the barracks? No one's in there now, are they? Who could sleep through today's festivities?"

"Yes some more guards are sleeping off the late shift, they should be rising shortly"

***
As the guard leads them out of the room and down the hall, Malora steps through the barred doors and nods at the guardsman. "Thanks. And you are...?" She offers them a firm handshake.

"Big Steve. You the fresh meat?" he asks casually.

***

After speaking with the gate guard she walks up to the double doors. "Whoah, these ones are big. What's past here?"

Galvar looks at the doors with a slightly pensive look "Prison in there, no place for the squeamish. Out of bounds for you lot anyhow."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

DOTTING IN. THANKS FOR FILLING IN, SHIFTY.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

"Hey man, I was just makin' small talk. Things around here were just too quiet, ya know?"

Ischell continues following along with the Lawmaster and the rest of the party. As the caretaker mentions the prison behind the double doors.

"If we aren't here to help guard the prison- what ARE we here for?". Try as he might, a small "man" slips into the end of the sentence.


The fellow positively bristles at Ischells goading, Big Steve winces visibly and looks at Melora with an expression urging her to move away.

”YOU are here to guard this building, QUIET is how we like it, and that is what you are being PAID to keep it! If you want joviality and carry on I suggest you limit it to the confines of the common room, where you shall all return until CALLED upon!”

The other guards start rubbernecking to see what the source of the disturbance is, and seem to be enjoying the spectacle of an out of towner learning the hierarchical nature of Chelish society the hard way.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora smiles at Big Steve. "I am, indeed. Have you been here long?"

---

Malora nods respectfully at Galvar. "Understood."

---

When Big Steve gives Malora the 'eye,' she takes the hint and backs away from Sir Ischell, not entirely sure what to expect. Happily it only involves a verbal reprimand.

She keeps her face stern and serious throughout.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

In response to the tongue lashing, Ischell straightens his back- returning to his full 6'8" frame and 'disciplined' posture. His eyes dart apologetically to the Lawmaster, and the rest of the team. Dude, some guys just need to CHILL...

"Understood... sir." . He takes a brief moment to collect his next thoughts. "No offense meant, Sir. I was unaware we had started our official duties. Won't happen again."


Seeing the incident already blowing over due to Ischell's act of contrition, Big Steve exhales slightly and continues talking to Malora "I've been here longer than your companion has been working with the Chelish obviously. Been a while, not hard, pay is ok and we don't have to do too much work with the guests. Good work if you can get it. See you round"

***
Galvar, mollified by the big fellow apologising, continues the tour but is somewhat more snippy in his conversation "Over here we have the Office for the more senior staff, and this way we have the vault. You need not concern yourselves with those"

He leads you back around full circle and returns you to the common room.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

On the way back around, Malora greets the other guards with a nod, hello and a handshake.

When they've returned to the common room, Malora nods at Galvar.

"Thank you, sir. If I may ask, what do our duties entail?" She waits for an answer.

"Understood. And if an emergency occurs, or we are called in to assist with something, what is procedure? Where would you like us to report, and what should we do in such an event?"

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis greets the other guards as well and tries to observe what the other guards are doing in the common room.

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

"I prefer quiet myself." Vexin quietly adds as the others speak to Galvar.

I doubt there are any halflings on this side of the bars at a prison of all places.

Hearing Malora speak on emergencies he makes a request of Galvar, "Speaking of official duties will be issued a uniform or insignia denoting our capacity here? I would rather not be mistaken for one of your prisoners."


Lawmaster Malora wrote:

"Thank you, sir. If I may ask, what do our duties entail?" She waits for an answer.

"Understood. And if an emergency occurs, or we are called in to assist with something, what is procedure? Where would you like us to report, and what should we do in such an event?"

"Very easy task, we just need you to be ready to respond should something occur. Easiest way is to just stick around within earshot to hear when you are called for, not that we expect any incidents of course. What to do? Listen for yelling and bring your blades if you hear it I suppose"

Vexin wrote:
"Speaking of official duties will be issued a uniform or insignia denoting our capacity here? I would rather not be mistaken for one of your prisoners."

"There are some spare uniforms over there in storage, but none are slip size. There is a mop and bucket in there, carry those and everyone will know you work here. Perhaps you could just stick to assisting with preparing the meals" he adds in that earnest way that only a Chelaxian can.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar tries to stick with the ruse of being a guard but at the suggestion that he should carry a mop and bucket or become a cook's assistant, he bristles. "Seriously? We were brought here to help and you want us to do that kind of work?"

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Vexin sighs through gritted teeth.

"No, Elemenar, I believe he wants me specifically doing such tasks. I am accustomed to cleaning up these messes so I will do my part." says the halfling navigating the sensitive issue.

I will remember the name, Galvar. I will see you in chains one day when a new order is established.

He heads into the storage room and looks around before grabbing his items.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Of course," Malora replies with a nod.

But, as Belvar spouts his casual racism to Vexin, she bites her tongue.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Doran's nostrils flare as the big lug makes fun of Vexin. He keeps his cool though, remembering the mission.

We will do our jobs...do not worry about that... he says coolly. He looks around, taking in all the details he can.

perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Galvar has the faintest look of smug satisfaction cross his face at reminding a Halfling of their place in Chelish society.

There's plenty of Guard outfits in the room, but little else of real utility or interest.

Most of the guards get back to playing cards, they seem welcoming enough "Just because we've been robbed of a festival doesn't mean we have to all be bored"

'Slip'

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Ischell remain quiet (and therefore, respectful) for the remainder of the tour. He remains observant, attempting to take note of anything valuable he can glean from the rushed exploration.

As they return to the common room, Ischell visibly flinches as Galvar speaks to Vexin. Wrangling in his self control- Ischell pulls up a chair at a table with other guards.

"What ya Dudes playin? Got room for one more?

Diplomacy, Guards: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Ischell begins to make small talk about the prison, their jobs, and when the last time there was "yelling" that needed responded to. He looks for an opportunity to ask about Galvar- waiting until the man is otherwise occupied.

Speaking in a low whisper, Ischell turns back to the guards at his table. "Does Galvar run this place, or is he just enjoying a little extra authority today? The dude seems to be having a good day..."

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Not finding anything else of interest in storage he steps back out caring his supplies.

He let's out a sigh and asks Galvar a few more questions,

"Sir, where would you like me to start first? I can clean quickly and begin assisting the cook as well." he says keeping his head down remembering his past.

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora heads into the storage room and takes off her weapons. Then she pulls a uniform on over her clothes and re-equips herself.

Thus prepared, she returns to the common room.


Ischell sits down with a pair of guards at a table and they deal him a hand of cards and the game resumes, "Stakes are pretty high, reckon we're going for a few drinks later after we get off the shift. We may have missed most of the festival but we can always catch up and there's a tavern sells its homebrewed swill in big jugs for small coin. Anyhow, loser at the end here has to buy the first round. Take it you are good for a silver piece?"

As the cards begin to get played the guards continue answering Ischell - "Galvar is the supervisor, no way is he the boss. There's always this interrogator or that coming by and a whole lot of people above him but other than interrogators very few come by, who'd want to come here when you could do the same job from a nearby administration building that didn't smell like vomit and faeces?"

"Yelling? Oh there's always yelling when a fresh arrival gets here - yelling about innocence, yelling about injustice, then yelling about the pain, at least until it just gives way to whimpering" he finishes, as though explaining the weather cycle.

***

Galvar asides to Vexin "Latrines probably need a look at and you could probably cook if you were taught. Not in that order though"

Galvar goes back to studiously ignoring the halfling, much more interested in the card games.

The gamey smell of the stew being cooked up becomes quite pleasant as the would-be-chef adds in some fresh herbs.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis notices the staff adding the herbs and tries to assist them, if possible. "Good day to you. Might I ask what herbs are you using for your dish? In what way can Vexin and I assist you?"

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Vexin let's a short smile creep upon his face when Mindartis comes over to assist with the cooking. He sets aside the mop and broom before stepping beside slightly behind him.

"Thank you." he whispers.

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Ischell continues his conversation with the guards. Plopping out a small handful of copper and silver onto the table- he tries to keep up with the pace of the game, failing more often than winning. It takes nearly all of his effort not to react to the guards deadpan descriptions of torture, instead redirecting the conversation back towards gathering information.

"I mean, it is a prison after all, so I expect some amount of 'yellin,' man. Guess what I was asking was if anyone has ever tried to break out, or break in, or something. Otherwise things seem like they could get a little dull round here- ya know?"

Ischell is fishing for any weaknesses in their defenses and whether or not other people have tried to escape and succeeded/failed

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar finds a seat next to Ischell but waves off being dealt in. He tries to join in in the conversation. "Yeah, prisoners. They deserve everything they get." He tries to chuckle as if dealing with prisoners was a normal activity for him.


Mindartis and Vexin move to engage the would-be chef.

"Just some herbs from home, not sure what they are called - just been using em for years, as have others who grab 'em from the garden. Meat isn't always the freshest so it goes a long way to keeping the taste alright"

"Thrick" he introduces himself as he chops a leek into the stew.

***

The most vocal of the guards lets out a small chuckle "It is boring here, how'd you think we got so good at cards?" the rest have a small but good-natured guffaw at the observation "half the town is at the festival and we're sitting pretty in the least likely place for anything out of the ordinary. No one escapes, and no one in the right mind would ever want to break in - both would end in a grizzly fate not even worth thinking about at the hands of one of the interrogators." They seem to nod agreeably to Elemenars assertion "Sounds like you know how Cheliax works"

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Ischell continues to make small talk with the guards, taking the opportunity to make eye contact with the others as time and conversation allows.

I wish we had more of a plan... We are wasting valuable time and our cover won't last forever.

"You know man... I aint never actually seen any of these interrogator's handiwork. I think I have the stomach for it though. Would any of you dudes be able to get me a quick peek to see for myself?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


"Only way you are getting in there is in a way you probably wouldn't like" they jest.

It is pretty clearly out of bounds to the party

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

As Malora re-enters the room, she wanders over to the table.

After watching the game for a moment, she stands and stretches.

"I've never done 'idle' well," she admits with a chuckle. "Do you think it'd be alright if I did a patrol of the halls? I need to stretch my legs."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

This inactivity would drive me mad...I don't know how you lot do this. I would tear what little hair I have left right out of my head.


Lawmaster Malora wrote:
"I've never done 'idle' well," she admits with a chuckle. "Do you think it'd be alright if I did a patrol of the halls? I need to stretch my legs."

Galvar thinks for a moment, "Suppose it's always an opportunity to do the rounds. Come on then" He calls over another guard and the three of you set to depart on a walk...

***

Doran wrote:
inactivity would drive me mad...I don't know how you lot do this. I would tear what little hair I have left right out of my head.

Occasional action, mostly boredom, that's the lot of the guard life. Still, beats working in the fields I suppose. You any good at cards?" they indicate the empty chair at the table.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 3, HP 34/34, AC 20, T12, FF 18, F +5, R +5, W +3, Init. +4, Perc. +9

Not the best, but I'll give it a try... doran shrugs as he sits in the last chair

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora smiles in relief and follows the guard on a patrol through the halls.

"Thanks." she tells him.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis whispers to Vexin when they're out of earshot from the other guards. "No worries. We have to stick together no matter what the circumstances. Even in cooking duties."

He starts assisting the would-be chef in preparing the ingredients to be used in the stew. "So what can you tell us about the infamous 'Nail'? How long have you been on duty here?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar watches the game with mild curiosity. Eventually he stands up and walks around the room aimlessly. He takes a few steps towards to door just to see if anyone notices. He considers stepping out of the room, to see if he can do a little private investigation.

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Sir, I can take over stirring while you two talk if needed?" Vexin says quietly.


Doran joins in the card game with Ischell, the two guards seem more interested mundane matters and wild speculation about what the best part of the festival might be "Reckon the real spectacles will have passed by the time we get there - probably have to wait till the revelers get REALLY drunk before we get any other shows going"

***

Mindartis and Vexin start striking up a conversation. Thrick the 'cook' looks at you "Nah I'll keep stirring, I know where I'm up to, unless you are some kind of cook? Been here a while, about a year, reasonable coin and were dry and indoors. Reasonable coin, and straightforward work - not a bad lot in life really. It's a typical Chelish prison, not a nice place to end up, and all the interrogators are basically the same nasty pieces of work" he continues as he dices some more herbs into the pot.

***

Elemenar can see there's still the two guards just feet away from the common room door.

***

Malora is on her stroll back around the place in a clockwise manner per her last 'rounds', she observes the same unlocking and locking process as she passes Big Steve, who gives her a friendly smile as she passes.

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"My previous masters had me learn the art of cooking. I became very skilled at it for my own sake. I am sure you want to relax and play cards with the others." Vexin talks up his own skills trying to convince the man to walk away.


"Oh a real cook, well by all means take over - but I'll be sitting right here paying attention. Of this lot I'm probably the better cook, but that's no high water mark as they're all awful. I don't get chances very often to see a real cook so I better learn"

He seems really happy about having a genuine bonafide chef to work with, Vexin has a new friend!

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

As the card game wears on, Ischell loses yet another silver to the pot at the center of table. He continues to talk and be friendly with the guards around the table- but has become increasingly concerned about the amount of time this is taking. Something else needs to happen...

He stands abruptly, hips and hands pushing against the table with a loud scrape as the table slides across the stone floor. "Well dangit' dudes! I am tired of losing my coin to some silly game of cards. I am soldier! Who here wants a REAL challenge?"

Ischell reaches into his coin purse and pulls out 10 gp, slapping it down on the table. "First dude to beat me in arm wrestling gets all 10 gold. You lose? You give me one." His voice gets louder (but not more aggressive) hoping that the energy and excitement of a one v one contest, with gold on the line, will buy his companions the time they need.

"So who is it going to be, man? Who is the first challenger?!"


"I'll have a go!" one challenger steps up!

Str check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The show is providing a circumstance bonus to other peoples checks due to the distraction...

***

Meanwhile Thrick continues talking to Mindartis and Vexin "I prefer the cooking anyhow to be honest, beats walking around and seeing the lot of life for the less fortunate. We don’t ask what they did to get here; management’s pretty strict about that stuff. They even have a way to soundproof the main prison when they’re interrogating important prisoners so nothing leaks out. Fine be me. I hate hearing them scream.”

"I do all my torturing with my soup pot and wooden spoon"

Sovereign Court

LN Male Halfling UnRogue (Knife Master Scout) 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 16 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 2 R: 7 W: 0 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions:

I guess no is a good a time as any to get my special spice added in.
Wish me luck!
Adaptable Luck for Sleight of Hand. 2/3 Remaining.

"Taking up cooking was fine with me...back...in my old position the food wasn't very flavorful so spicing it up was always a good thing. OH and there goes my boisterous friend making a ruckus." he makes small talk while attempting to sneak in the taggit oil.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Oh boy!

Sovereign Court

Male LG UC Monk 1/Paladin 6 | HP 51/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 19 20 T 18 FF 17 21 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 1/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Smite: Tahari, Flaming

Arm Wrestle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Ischell's voice raises at the contest, forcing the man's hand closer to his side of the table. "Is that the best you got? Who's got next once I beat this dude?" he says, while still actively wrestling the guard.

Extra Rolls:

Arm wrestling rolls, Str +4: 10d20 ⇒ (18, 18, 12, 3, 20, 9, 8, 8, 8, 4) = 108

Dark Archive

Male Elf Ranger | Init +5; Perc +9; low-light vision | AC 16; touch 13; FF 13 | HP 18/18; F +3; R +6; W +2 | Comp. Longbow +6 (1d8+1 P, 20/x3); Scimitar +3 (1d6+1 P, 18-20/x2) | F. Enemy: Humanoid (humans) +2
Skills:
Climb +5; H. Animal +6; Know (Dungeon) +5; Know (Geography) +6; Know (Nature) +7; Prof. (Trapper) +6; Stealth +8; Survival +7 (Track +8)

Mindartis notices Vexin slipping the oils in the stew and tries to distract Thrick. "Hmm. Would you look at that. It seems our companion has made some friends. Would you like to take part as well? Maybe show them that not only can you cook but you have the strength to back you up as well?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The Exchange

Female Human Inquisitor (spell breaker) 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC 15 (T12, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+6 | Init +5* | Perc +8, SM +9, Diplo/Intim +5 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Caging Strike:6/6, Judgement: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Malora continues her patrol with the guards. At the sounds of the loud commotion from the lounge, she asks, "What's that?"

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar watches the arm wrestling and cheers Ischell to victory. "That seemed to easy!" he says aloud. "Surely one of you can beat my friend here." He walks over to the cook where he sits on his stool. Elemenar grabs the cook's bicep and smiles at him. "This guy looks strong."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Trying to convince him to at least go to the table.

1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS / Shifty] Faithless & Forgotten (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.