[PFS] Season 0 run, mixed with Dragon's Demand

Game Master Irish202

Quicklinks and Handouts:


4,801 to 4,850 of 4,874 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

At Tereze's request, Locke vaguely nods.

Hearing much more of this man's ego would irritate me anyway.

"Let's go, Fiona. I've got something i meant to give earlier, anyway."

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

Fiona visibly grinds her teeth in exasperation at Tereze but follows Locke away. She turns to Locke once they are out of Torch's sight. "We should have stopped Torch for good back there, instead of handing him his prize money just like that for killing our source of information. He's so clearly exploitative and downright evil, I don't understand why Tereze kept trying to negotiate with him..."

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Locke nods.

"I know Fiona, i know. Men like him are a royal pain in the rear.
But an attempt at stopping him would have been suicide. There were several henchmen in the fog of the bath."

Locke searches in a pocket in their vest, and takes out a small item.
"I got it from a friend on a market the other day. But it's of little use to me. Besides, it matches the colors of your outfit better than my leather vest and mantle. If you want it, of course."

(spell component pouch, leaf green with subtle gold pattern)

"Anyway, hopefully the rest of the day is less frustrating."


Tereze wrote:
She looks back over her shoulder Gwenn, Tetsudo, can you grab ze body and get it out of here? We can dispose of it while we go seek authorization on zis agreement.

Torch smiles widely at Tereze's comment. "Why, you are certainly welcome to it...after my guards have removed any valuables from it. This man did disturb my relaxation time, I expect to be appropriately compensated for it." He snaps his fingers and the half-orc guards begin efficiently searching the corpse unless interrupted; removing several scrolls, three coin purses, and five exceptionally well-hidden daggers. After doing so, the guards step back and stow the items. "All yours," the Grandmaster says with a gesture at the corpse.

Tereze wrote:
We of course will waste no more of your time until we can agree to your terms.

"Of course," Torch says. "I'll send a messenger to your lodge in the city later. Your Venture-Captain...what was her name...Yasmin, was it? She should know where to find me later, if needed." He returns to discussions with his guards; a mix of continuing to berate the one from earlier, combined with examination of the items looted from the corpse.

What direction would you all like to go now? You could return to the Venture-Captain, make some Gather Information/Knowledge Local checks to see if you can drum up any rumors to assist you with finding these statues, or something else I might not be thinking of.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

I propose asking around, and if that turns up nothing, pay a visit to the VC.

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

Fiona remains silent, clearly still sullen from the last encounter with Torch. Every once in a while, she mutters to herself.

When Locke offers her his gift her face softens a bit, and she grudgingly expresses her gratitude. "Thanks, Locke," she sighs. "I know it's not your fault - I've been taking it more seriously than I expected. Regardless, your gift is much appreciated."

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Gwen, Testudo, do you want to figure out how to get the body out without drawing attention, or I can do it when if you want help.

When they are out of earshot and in someplace semi private.

Tereze drops her fixed smile on her face and draws the group around her and speaks softly:
Gods above, I hate that man. I feel like I need a bath from just talking with him. But he is dangerous Fiona, both because of his political connections and zat fact zat zere were an unknown number of hidden henchmen watching us. Ze fact that he could kill people so openly and not worry about consequences should show you how dangerous he truly is.
Fighting him there would have been bloody work zat would have brought the other bathers running for the guards. With his connections, I doubt it would have gone well for us.

She shudders as she continues.
Zat... man... knew far more then he was letting on, and I really do not zink ze killing was by accident. He wanted to force us to pay him. But there is a spell that Pharasamans know, that will allow me to ask zree questions of the corpse. I just need to lay my hands on a scroll of that spell.
That is much cheaper zen what he was asking us to pay AND it keeps Torch from befitting from his cursed actions...

She looks at Fiona,
I know you don't like it, but zat is the best I could come up with at the time. Do you have a better suggestion on how we finish zis mission?

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

"Don't worry about it, Fiona. We all have those moments sometimes.
And you're quite welcome."

As Tereze comes out with the other two, Locke quietly listens to her explaination.

"Tereze, you're pretty good with talking to people. Perhaps you are able to divulge some information from the merchants, or the poor?
The latter are the eyes and ears in the streets, often."

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

I could do zat... Which do you all want me to do, try to gather information for get a scroll to ask the body for info?

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

"Finances considered, i propose asking around, and consulting either the Venture Captain or the scroll as last resort."

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

All Right then. Stash that body someplace in case we need it and I will ask around.

Tereze (and whoever wants to come) goes around to the locals trying to gather information on the statues.
Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Assist diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

Assist diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Fiona, still sulking, eventually goes with the others.


Dice Rolling:

1d101 ⇒ 95
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d42 ⇒ 11
1d4 ⇒ 2

Tereze wrote:
All Right then. Stash that body someplace in case we need it and I will ask around.

So...where exactly are you all planning to stash that body? Or more importantly, how are you carrying this body to its destination? You know...just out of curiosity.

The group wanders the area for a good solid hour, questioning the passerby and shopkeepers for information about Chaim and the statues. Tereze finds that many of the populace were aware of Chaim and his unsavory reputation, but equally as many intentionally averted their gaze from his actions so as not to be involved. Towards the end of the hour, Tereze comes upon an individual who seems relatively knowledgeable and talkative enough to be useful; an elf dressed in high Qadiran finery with two exquisite scimitars sheathed in bejeweled scabbards hanging from his belt. The man takes measure of the group while conversing with Tereze, the white keffiyeh on his head covering the elf's dark complexion from the intense Qadiran sun as they talk. She learns his name is Zhakfar, an off-duty guard for the merchant prince Jamal Ismani.

"Ah yes, Chaim...that miserable dastard," the elf says to Tereze with a grimace. "I kept a solid eye on his goings on in town, ever since we had a run in with his crowd several years back." Zhakfar fingers a small scar on the side of his cheek with a reminiscent look in his eyes. "Chaim thought he could ambush my master's caravan on its way out of town. We lost one of ours, he lost most of his crew. Fair trade, though I would have paid dearly to be the one to have ended his life that day," the elf says as he looks wistfully off in the distance.

"Anyways, I did see him speaking with a business partner yesterday. A curious man, wearing a robe bedecked with bells all over." Zhakfar strokes his thin goatee thoughtfully as he watches a cart go by down the street. "Viraj Arpani, was his name. Vudrani, if I had to place him. They tend to wear odd clothing like that. Last I heard, someone of that description was making the rounds in the Overmarket. Shouldn't be too hard to spot that, yes?" The elf will remain briefly for further questions, but will move on into the crowds when the conversation is finished.

Overmarket (15 minute walk):
The trip to the Overmarket is uneventful, beyond showing off the quality of merchants hawking their wares on this side of Sedeq. Several colorfully adorned stalls surround a well-built stone fountain, streams of water coursing down into its basin while showering refreshing mist into the air around it. Sitting on the brim of the fountain is a man dressed in flowing, bell-covered robes bulging with various small items; with wands and rods sticking out from odd folds of the almost ostentatiously colorful clothing. Under the man's arm is an item wrapped in shipping linens, but by its shape it is almost surely a statue of some kind.

Silver Crusade

Oread Fighter 1 Cavalier Beast Rider Gendarme 5
Quick Stats:
HP 47/ AC 21 (Touch 10) Int 1/ Fort 9/ Ref 2/ Will 4

Testudo looks at his friends.

How should we handle this? I am... not excellent with conversation.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Tereze approaches gracefully.

Greetings Master Arpani. Do you have a moment to speak with us privately? We have some bad news about your business partner.
if she can get close she adds very softly.
Your life may well be in danger because of those statues

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 To try to convince him to talk peacefully.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

In reply to Testudo,

"We let Tereze work her feminine charms. Men can be suckers for it."

"If we're lucky, the statue might be given freely.
If not, we might have to chase or fight...the risks of the job, i suppose."

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

"If Tereze's charms don't work, we could also try to intimidate him," Fiona says in a low voice. "Better avoid unnecessary bloodshed..." she adds as she lets Tereze talk first.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

At the notion of intimidation, Locke slightly chuckles.

"At least he doesn't have a bunch of enforcers if that won't work."


Tereze wrote:
Greetings Master Arpani. Do you have a moment to speak with us privately? We have some bad news about your business partner.

The man looks up from a book he was perusing, a look of impatience crossing his face. "I do not have time for disruptions at the moment," the man says with a thick Vudrani accent. "My business affairs are none of your business. Leave me alone." Arpani begins to turn back to his tome until...

Tereze wrote:
Your life may well be in danger because of those statues.

Arpani leaps up from his seat at the fountain, grasping the bundled statue firmly under one arm. He immediately beings weaving his fingers in arcane gestures while chanting, causing his form to lose substance and begin to turn into a wispy cloud. As this happens, the statue begins to crackle, vibrate, and grow in size. Arpani's eyes widen in surprise as his body abruptly solidifies while the statue bursts out of its wrapping, seemingly absorbing the arcane energy from his failed spell. Linen, strings, and little bells skitter across the paving stones of the marketplace. The statue, now on the ground, continues to grow; taking on the form of writhing, giant centipedes!

Dice Rolling:

Initiative GMC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative HMC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative Arpani: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Fiona: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Gwendallyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Locke: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Tereze: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Testudo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Initiative Order: Round 1 *Battle Map Updated*

Arpani
Locke
Tereze
Gwendallyn
Tetsudo
Fiona

Giant Centipedes

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Tereze, grabs Arpani's hand and says I told you! Now come with me if you want to live!

Then she tries to draw him away behind Tetsudo and Roshi.
GM Irish, Let me know how you want to play this mechanically. Tereze's action this round is to try to get Arpani to safety so we don't lose the lead on the other statues.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Am i to assume Arpani is petrified? Stone?

As the statuette summons humongous sized vermin, Locke's eyes grow in surprise.

"Oh sh....back!"

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Special attacks, defensive capabilities?

With the hunch of at least 1 bug coming to the far back, Locke looks over to the least armored of the team.

"Fiona, if you don't mind holding on to a leg, since i'll need both hands, i can fly us out of reach."

Depending on if she accepts the offer, Locke either delays until Fiona can grab on, or fly up themselves and then attack. My fly speed is 60ft, while i am wearing light armor.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Wait Arpani is petrified? I took the description as if he tried to turn into mist then turned back to himself.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Hence me asking. :o
Solidifies could either mean he turns back to regular, or in the extreme petrified?


Solidified as in his gaseous form spell being absorbed and dispelled. Arpani will resist any attempts to move or touch him at the moment, in case that would change Tereze's action.

Locke's check will reveal that these are giant centipedes, supernaturally increased in size and strength. They can inflict poison that deals DEX damage, but otherwise just have regular vermin traits and no particular defenses/resistances.

Silver Crusade

Oread Fighter 1 Cavalier Beast Rider Gendarme 5
Quick Stats:
HP 47/ AC 21 (Touch 10) Int 1/ Fort 9/ Ref 2/ Will 4

Testudo slams his faceplate down and lifts his lance.

ROSHI! THE GAME IS AFOOT MY NOBLE STEED! CHARGE!!!

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
damage: 3d8 + 39 ⇒ (6, 2, 7) + 39 = 54

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

I figured he might resist, but I was hoping that the shock of what happened would convince him to come. Tereze is not going to try to grapple him and drag him along. But that's her action for the round. If he wants to sense motive on her, she is concerned for him, not threatening, and she's not trying to hide it. If he refuses she'll shake her head and step back.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

If Fiona accepts the evac, (Get to the choppa!)

Locke double flies upwards to 60ft altitude.

If Fiona decides otherwise, Locke flies to 70ft altitude, and further west.

"I'll try softening it up before it gets too close."

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

Fiona grins at Locke's proposal. "Thanks for the offer, but I have a few tricks myself and wouldn't want to be too much of a burden on your legs," she comments with a wink and takes off herself to avoid the centipedes, after placing a quick hex on Testudo.

Ward hex on Testudo: +2 to AC and saves until hit.
Use Flight hex to move up and away from the centipedes' reach (30 ft up).


Tetsudo wrote:
ROSHI! THE GAME IS AFOOT MY NOBLE STEED! CHARGE!!!

The huge centipede that Tetsudo charges literally explodes in a meaty shower of chitin and gore in all directions following the force of his impact.

**Botting Gwendallyn**

Gwendallyn advances up to firmly plant herself between Tereze and the other huge centipede. While Tereze might have some qualms about forcing Arpani to move, Gwendallyn is a different story. With a gruff comment about getting the hell out of the way, she grabs the mage by the scruff of his bell-covered robes and hurls him head over heels behind Tereze. She then takes up a defensive stance in preparation for the insect in front of her. (Activates Snapping Turtle Style)

HC vs. Gwendallyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
GC Charge vs. Tetsudo: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23
Snapping Turtle Grapple: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 - 2 = 34
Bite damage: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14
Poison Dex: 1d8 ⇒ 5

The larger-than-life insects begin their assault, with the huge centipede bearing down quickly on Gwendallyn! The creature lunges towards her with its mandibles, but she quickly dodges aside and somehow grabs hold of the massive creature in her arms! The centipede lashes about, but Gwendallyn manages to keep it locked in a leveraged position to keep it under control for the moment.

Meanwhile, the gargantuan centipede rampages towards Tetsudo; the insect slipping by his defenses to bite him with its gnashing maw, the wound dripping with poison! (Need DC 17 Fort Save or Take 5 DEX damage) Arpani lets out a mix between an indignified gasp from being thrown unceremoniously, combined with a shriek of utter terror as the insects approach. He scrambles to his feet and begins retreated off to the edge of the square to the east.

Initiative Order: Round 2 *Battle Map Updated*

Arpani
Locke
Tereze
Gwendallyn (Grappling)
Tetsudo (-14, DC 17 Fort vs. Poison (5 Dex if fail)
Fiona

Giant Centipedes

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Fly check to hover: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Seemingly more used to the extra appendages since the opera house incident, Locke holds in the air.

Concocting a firebomb, Locke then tosses it at the humongous centipede.

Rt, PBS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Bang, FWOOSH: 3d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) + 6 + 1 = 18

It will be on fire on a true hit.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Tereze braces herself as she feels the burning of imagined pincers for a moment but focuses on the feeling of life within her to overcome the pain.

-5 HP to Tereze and Tetsudo heals 5 due to life link

Tereze steps back in front of the retreating Mage and says.
Easy Sir, there is no need to fear!

Then she speaks in a loud voice:
Drunken Hero up above,
Your blessing fits us like a glove.
Send us courage and your luck.
So these centipedes are stuck!

She casts Bless on the party + Arpani and any townsfolk around. (+ 1 to Hit and save vs fear.)

She tries to direct Arpani's attention back to the combat behind her now that his fear has hopefully been reduced.
See, look one of those monsters is gone already, My companions will make short work of these!

Silver Crusade

Oread Fighter 1 Cavalier Beast Rider Gendarme 5
Quick Stats:
HP 47/ AC 21 (Touch 10) Int 1/ Fort 9/ Ref 2/ Will 4

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Oof.

I SAY GOOD SIRRAH, POISON! A MOST DASTARDLY WEAPON! COME ROSHI! LET'S SHOW THIS TALLYWHACKER WHAT WHAT!

Roshi hurumphs in annoyance but follows his master's commands, rushing forward as Testudo unleashes the fury of the lightning fast turtle again!

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
damage: 3d8 + 42 ⇒ (7, 4, 2) + 42 = 55

Being large just makes him a easy target to keep charging! I'm also activating Ride-by-attack, so no AOO. :)

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

Fiona, still flying, gestures with her hands to place a hex on another of the centipedes.

Slumber hex on centipede, DC 18 vs. Will or sleep.


Dice Rolling:

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 23 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 23 + 1 = 41
Greater Grapple: 1d20 + 25 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 25 + 1 = 42
UAS Dmg: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19
Bite vs. Tetsudo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Dex DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Locke's bomb strikes the huge centipede true, causing the insect to be wreathed in dancing flames. Gwendallyn winces as she now finds her self in full-body contact with a flaming creature, but proceeds to slam the creature twice into the hard paving stones of the marketplace; the second slam causing the centipede's head to splatter into chitinous pieces in all directions. (Botting Gwendallyn, she swift action uses Martial Flexibility to gain Greater Grapple this turn)

Tetsudo charges the gargantuan insect, piercing an exceptionally painful-looking hole in its carapace that spurts ichor in large gushes. Despite this, the massive centipede still remains standing! Fiona attempts to work her somnolent powers over the remaining enemy, but it seems completely immune to the mind-effecting aspect of her magic!

Arpani continues fleeing from the courtyard, screaming like a coward as he disappears off down a side alley. In his haste to depart, he accidentally drops a box on the paving stones of the road; the box giving off jangling sounds and the slight slosh of something liquid within. Meanwhile, the remaining centipede attempts to bite at Tetsudo; but the creature seems a bit disconcerted by the massive gaping hole in its side to actually strike him true. (Need another DC 17 Fort Save for continued effect of poison, 7 Dex if fail)

Initiative Order: Round 3 *Battle Map Updated*

Arpani (Fled)
Locke
Tereze (-5)
Gwendallyn (Grappling, -2)
Tetsudo (-9, 5 Dex Damage. DC 17 Fort vs. Poison (7 Dex if fail)
Fiona

Giant Centipede (-55)

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Locke mixes two vials, and when it starts sizzling inside, it is lobbed down.

Rt, PBS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Subzero: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 6 = 12

Frost bomb, fort save DC 17 to avoid being staggered for a round.

Silver Crusade

Oread Fighter 1 Cavalier Beast Rider Gendarme 5
Quick Stats:
HP 47/ AC 21 (Touch 10) Int 1/ Fort 9/ Ref 2/ Will 4

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Testudo turns and lets out a howl of laughter.

What fun! A beast that does not die in one hit! Come roshi! Let us see if a second does the job!

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
damage: 3d8 + 42 ⇒ (8, 5, 1) + 42 = 56

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

As Testudo continues to heal by draining Tereze's life, Tereze casts Cure Light wounds on herself to heal herself.

Testudo heals 5 HP, Tereze - 5 HP due to Life Link
Cure Light Wounds on herself: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

So Testudo ends at -4, Gwen at -2 and Tereze is full I think

Posting ahead
Once the centipede is destroyed, Tereze looks over the group.
Is anyone still hurt? Can anyone track Arpani?
She looks at the two hovering above hoping that the birds eye view will help him not get away.

Assuming Testudo says he was poisoned:

Tereze casts Lesser Restoration on Testudo.
Heal Dex: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Heal Dex: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Also posting ahead..

At Tereze's questin of Arpani's whereabout, Locke will fly into the general direction of where he went off to.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Would there be a circumstance bonus?


Locke's bomb strikes the centipede, causing it to stagger painfully from the injuries it has sustain. This, of course, leaves it an extremely open to the forceful charge of Tetsudo; whose attack causing the gargantuan centipede to rip apart into a shower of insect gore than literally coats the entire block in a rain of green ichor.

Out of Initative. Tetsudo's fortitude save is enough to end any further effects of the poison.

Tereze and Locke look around quickly to attempt to locate Arpani, but the mage appears to have slipped into the fleeing crowds and vanished from sight. All that remains are centipede remains, an ominous six-inch tall silver statuette of a writhing centipede near the fountain, and the box dropped by Arpani to the east of the market square.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

We gather the statue and the box.

Then Tereze casts detect magic on herself (while standing 25 feet from the statue) and checks to see what is magical.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Aw damn, we lost him.

Locke turns around and flies down towards the group, landing near scene of the messy kill.

Good thing i was up in the air, i'd hate to have gotten covered by that stuff.

"Arpani's gotten away."

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

"True, unfortunately, but we'll get him. Let's check these items and move on."

Fiona lands gracefully next to the others, avoiding the splattered centipede and lifting her long skirt to avoid getting green ichor on it. Having made sure that everyone is fine, she casts Detect Magic as well and proceeds to examine the box for anything unusual (carefully listening for the sounds it emitted earlier) while leaving the statuette to Tereze.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

"Well, so magical energy in close proximity triggers a summoning.
One risky set of items."


Tereze wrote:
Then Tereze casts detect magic on herself (while standing 25 feet from the statue) and checks to see what is magical.

Detect Magic (Tereze):
You are able to sense extremely potent magic radiating from the statue, much stronger than the average magical item.

Knowledge Arcana is required to determine the schools of magic for the statue's aura.

Fiona wrote:
Having made sure that everyone is fine, she casts Detect Magic as well and proceeds to examine the box for anything unusual (carefully listening for the sounds it emitted earlier) while leaving the statuette to Tereze.

Detect Magic (Fiona):

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

You sense three distinct magical auras inside the box, specifically two transmutation and one conjuration auras. As you cast your detect magic spell, you abruptly detect an intense pulse of magic energy erupt from the statue. Despite you not focusing your spell on the object or being relatively close, it seems to react to your casting in its presence. You feel the threads of your spell unravel and funnel into the statue!

While Fiona casts her spell at the box, the centipede statue abruptly begins writhing again like it did for Arpani; despite the statue not being the focus of her magic. Three more monstrous centipedes appear around the group once more!

Dice rolling:

Initiative=GMC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative=HMC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative=Fiona: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative=Gwendallyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative=Locke: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative=Tereze: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Initiative=Tetsudo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Initiative Order (Round 1)

Tetsudo
Locke

Gargantuan Centipede
Gwendallyn
Huge Centipedes
Tereze
Fiona

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Locke's eyes widen in surprise, before this expression is on Locke's face.

"Again....?"

Lock flies upward 50ft, then bombs the centipede below with a fire bomb.

Rt, PBS: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Fire: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 6 = 20

Grand Lodge

F Human Witch/6 (HP 38/38| AC:11 | T:11 | FF:10 | CMB:0 | CMD:11 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc:+6 | Speed 30) PFS#: 12713-4

"It's the statue! It drew in my magic!" Fiona shouts while preparing for combat.

Silver Crusade

Oread Fighter 1 Cavalier Beast Rider Gendarme 5
Quick Stats:
HP 47/ AC 21 (Touch 10) Int 1/ Fort 9/ Ref 2/ Will 4

Testudo grits his teeth.

LADIES AND OTHER, IF YOU PERHAPS COULD STOP DOING WHATEVER IS MAKING THESE THINGS APPEAR, IT IS MOST INCONVENIENT!

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
damage: 3d8 + 42 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 42 = 47

Ride By charge, I'll still provoke from one of them.

Dark Archive

Female Human Oracle Lvl 6 (HP 47/50 | AC:11 | T:11 | FF:11 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+4 | Will:+6 | Init:+1 | Perc:0 | Speed 30) PFS#: 172834-1
Spells:
Remaining 3rd: 3/4, 2nd: 2/6, 1st: 5/7, Channel Energy: 4/5, Master of Pentacles: 1/1

Oh, I zink it reacts to arcane energies! It is very powerful! Tereze says in a awed tone.

Liberty's Edge

? ? Grenadier 6
Spoiler:
[HP: 44/44, AC 16/13/13, F+6/R+8/W+3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Perc. +8, Init +3, Bombs 5/8]
Face Reference:

Perception, hearing Tereze's words of aweness: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

(shouting to below)

"Erm Tereze, we can discuss the nature of the statue in detail after we kill these vermin that are trying to eat us, yes?"

4,801 to 4,850 of 4,874 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Season 0 run, mixed with Dragon's Demand Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.