PFS Private PBP: Lady Ophelia's 6-11 Slave Master's Mirror (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ophelia


151 to 191 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

GM:
No problem, wasn't looking for game effects, but please note it on the Chronicle anyway - I will buy it but it's nice to have the history of the item. I have a monkey pet I claimed from Mists of Mwangi as well (fairly paid for).

Fen raises an eyebrow at the blue man on the balcony, then bows low.

"Greetings, Jairo. I am Fensyriath Orochi. To be bold and blunt, we are here for the veiled lady, who has wronged our employer and must be brought to justice. I hope this does not put a damper on our relationship - you seem most cordial and polite, rare traits in the people of these lands."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Bloodrager (NOT bloodraging) level 4 | 40/40 | Bloodrage 9/12 | Elemental Strike 2/3 | AC 18,touch 12, FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref+3, Will+2(+2 to saves VS own or allies atk) | Init+1 | Perception+7 | Speed 30 ft |. Male Human Skills
:
Acrobatics+5, Climb+5, Handle Animal+6, Intimidate+7, Arcana+3, Perception+7, Ride+2, Spellcraft+3, Survival+4, Swim+5

Charging Bear lowers his hammer and says,"Our quarrel is not with you friend, let us pass so we can complete our mission."

assist diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

assist confirms, diplomacy is now up to 13

Grand Lodge

[retired]

Elay ponders the situation a bit, and steps into the room.

"Greetings. Our apologies for the mess outside. I know that good help is so hard to find these days..."

...which Elay absentmindedly demonstrates by being momentarily distracted by an enticing novella nearby...

"...but before my companions and I discern if we have no quarrel with you, who are you again?"

Here's my Diplomacy, if the situation warrants it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

Trusting his companions to set the tone, Derizione enters the room with a warmish smile. "I see no need for conflict. Surely, as reasonable people, we can come to some sort of accord?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 I'll add +2 to our attempt, if permissible, for 15

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[retired]

Elay clears his throat.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Fen casts summon GM.

Sczarni

3 people marked this as a favorite.
male human person/ 1 maybe 2

unfortunately the gm made the will save and did not get summoned. However I was able to cast commune with GM and was able to glean that she will be posting in the next hour when she finishes doing her dishes

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

Jairo looks at the assembled party as Elay clears his throat. It seems that he take a rather lengthy time to answer. As if he is appraising each person for their own faults and follies.

Yes my apologies.. He says after breaking the long awkward silence. I sometimes drift in and out of my own mind. Pondering the many ideas and wonders of the world of the life. He says looking at all of you again.

My name is Jairo. I am the protector of my Mistress's lair. I appreciate your compliments of the design of the room pointy-eared one. She designed it herself and it is quite luxurious if I do say so myself. She is away for a little while attending to other business, but I am sure she will return eventually. What business do you have bold ones with my mistress the Veiled lady? Hopefully it is not of a beastly nature, as I do not wish to fight you. Jairo says looking at Charging and then points to Elay.

That book you were looking at? “The Many Tales of a Lovelorn Wizard.” Is actually quite a good book. I cannot let you borrow it, but as long as you stay here, you may read it in this room.

Map coming soon. Getting it up in Google Docs now.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Fen repeats his opening statement, assuming the creature wasn't completely listening, and adds some detail.

"Greetings, Jairo. I am Fensyriath Orochi, and my companions and I are here to retrieve the Veiled Lady and return her to face judgement for her crimes. Are you aware that she is an evil spy, trying to turn many people against each other for her own personal gain? "

Not sure if we are still using my first diplomacy roll, or if we're starting again, or what...
Diplomacy, aid or whatever: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

Jairo looks at Fen as he rephrased his statement. And tilted his head looking rather confused.

I did mention that my lady is not here. He says more with a confused look on his face. I do not know if she will return let alone when. As for the nature of her crimes, that's not really my concern as she is my master and I just follow her commands. I am sorry that I cannot be more of a help. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5
Lady Ophelia wrote:
What business do you have bold ones with my mistress the Veiled lady? Hopefully it is not of a beastly nature, as I do not wish to fight you. [/b]

Fen just answered the question...

"Yes, there is something else you can help us with, Jairo. We have been told that the lady used a large mirror in the commission of her crimes, and we are bound to bring it back to our masters. May we please explore her domain and remove it?" Fen asks matter-of-factly.

Dark Archive

Male Bloodrager (NOT bloodraging) level 4 | 40/40 | Bloodrage 9/12 | Elemental Strike 2/3 | AC 18,touch 12, FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref+3, Will+2(+2 to saves VS own or allies atk) | Init+1 | Perception+7 | Speed 30 ft |. Male Human Skills
:
Acrobatics+5, Climb+5, Handle Animal+6, Intimidate+7, Arcana+3, Perception+7, Ride+2, Spellcraft+3, Survival+4, Swim+5

What is Jairo?

knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Not that I know with that roll

Grand Lodge

[retired]

Sense Motive, to see if he's Dominated or Charmed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Haha! Nice =)

"He's acting a little odd, don't you think, Fen?"

Knowledge to identify: 1d20 ⇒ 11 (+12 Arcana, +9 Planes, +8 all others)

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

Elay:
Sorry, your Sense Motive gives you the impression that he is neither dominated or charmed. But your knowledge Planes check confirms that Jairo is a Dinji. A creature contracted and summoned from other planes. They while bound to their masters, will only attack if provoked or commanded to do so by their masters. They are known to speak in riddles.

Ah, the mirror beyond me you seek. Jairo says looking at all of you. Well you see, only those who know the password are allowed past my doors. But I will tell you what dear bold ones: if you can tell me what the password is, I will let you pass to gain what you seek.

Since you have been respectful, I'll give you a hint. Jairo smiles looking at all of you while he speaks next. “Consider this, what is a password? It can be more than a simple physical key, it can be a spoken declaration of belonging or devotion to a cause. What could be that important to Pasha Muhlia al’Jakri?

Grand Lodge

[retired]

Elay ponders the question.

"She is human, yes? Short lifespans, they. So much to do. So little time. And should someone else get in their way? Their entire life's work may be forfeit."

"Is the answer... Revenge?"

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Recusing myself since I have GM'd this before...

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

Waiting to see if the answer above is correct. If it isn't, I have an idea.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

Jairo smiles at the answer Elay gives his answer.

I am very sorry but that is not the password i seek. However there is no denial that revenge has been on the mind of my master. Says Jairo introspectively.

Like many mortals, she is consumed by a mad quest, her every spare thought given to plotting the downfall of a group called the Pathfinder Society. I honestly find her a bit of a bore, but I do wonder how that group wronged her to provoke such wrath.”

Grand Lodge

[retired]
Derizione wrote:
Waiting to see if the answer above is correct. If it isn't, I have an idea.

Your turn to shine!

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

Derizione steps forward, consulting his notes from the briefing. "Revenge is certainly on the minds of many. But revenge without focus, without impetus, is just rage spent for nothing." Looking up to Jairo, he hesitates, then placing a hand on the hilt of his rapier, speaks firmly. "Desimire."

Fifty-fifty shot, I figure its one of two names we got from her past in the briefing. Fingers crossed...

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

Jairo smiles at Derezone's answer.

I knew you bold ones were also smart. Only smart and bold people would come this far. Your wish is correct, and you are free to pass. A word of caution, before I leave you, whatever happened to my mistress, has consumed her. And she will not rest until her mission whatever it is, is completed. It would be best not to cross her path, as doom comes to those who mess with the vengeful on a mission.

Jairo says this as he steps to the side revealing the double doors behind him and giving a gesture to allow the party to pass as he begins to fade away.

Good luck bold ones, may the light show favor upon you.

Dark Archive

Male Bloodrager (NOT bloodraging) level 4 | 40/40 | Bloodrage 9/12 | Elemental Strike 2/3 | AC 18,touch 12, FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref+3, Will+2(+2 to saves VS own or allies atk) | Init+1 | Perception+7 | Speed 30 ft |. Male Human Skills
:
Acrobatics+5, Climb+5, Handle Animal+6, Intimidate+7, Arcana+3, Perception+7, Ride+2, Spellcraft+3, Survival+4, Swim+5

Charging Bear rushes forward, eager to go advance. He nods in gratitude to Jairo as he passes, then waves his hand at the party to motion them onward with him.

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Fen follows the Shoanti, and calls out. "Be careful! Someone as vengeful as the Veiled Lady will have left... "gifts" behind for any intruders."

Grand Lodge

[retired]

GM, would you mind linking the map in your header, please?

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

With a sigh of relief, Derizione adjusts his equipment and weapons. "Thank-you, Jairo, we'll keep your words in mind."

"Ever forward, friends?" With a glance and smile at Charging Bear, "Perhaps with a bit of caution?"

Dark Archive

Male Bloodrager (NOT bloodraging) level 4 | 40/40 | Bloodrage 9/12 | Elemental Strike 2/3 | AC 18,touch 12, FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref+3, Will+2(+2 to saves VS own or allies atk) | Init+1 | Perception+7 | Speed 30 ft |. Male Human Skills
:
Acrobatics+5, Climb+5, Handle Animal+6, Intimidate+7, Arcana+3, Perception+7, Ride+2, Spellcraft+3, Survival+4, Swim+5

Stopping abruptly, Charging turns to look at his friends," Apologies friends, I only try to lessen any harm that might befall you little ones."

He then smiles as he says,"I trust you to find any gifts well before I might open them."

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

"No need to apologize, friend. Let us make haste! Derizione moves towards the exit and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Since it's likely I didn't see anything...

"Looks clear, shall we?"

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

Okay, that check might have spotted something, so let me know. :)

Dark Archive

Male Bloodrager (NOT bloodraging) level 4 | 40/40 | Bloodrage 9/12 | Elemental Strike 2/3 | AC 18,touch 12, FF 17 | CMD 20 | Fort +7, Ref+3, Will+2(+2 to saves VS own or allies atk) | Init+1 | Perception+7 | Speed 30 ft |. Male Human Skills
:
Acrobatics+5, Climb+5, Handle Animal+6, Intimidate+7, Arcana+3, Perception+7, Ride+2, Spellcraft+3, Survival+4, Swim+5

Of course I'll take a look as well

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

" Yes Derizione, the way apears safe. I'll lead the way."

Charging Bear advances down the hallway.

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

"You heard our large friend, onward, everyone!" Derizione hurries to catch up, whip at the ready.

Grand Lodge

[retired]

As a reminder, in case it's relevant, Elay has See Invisibility active.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Cleric 11/Pathfinder Chronicler 4/Geek 15

The doors seemed locked, but upon further inspection they are unlocked and untrapped. As if someone has already been there before you. Upon opening the doors, there is a shallow reflecting pool is set into the tile floor, flanked by plush divans. Beyond two marble supporting columns, a heavy curtain separates the sitting room from the bedroom. A large map of Absalom hangs on the south wall, riddled with pins and crossed with colorful thread.

There are bookshelves around the room, and one that has looked to have been already opened, revealing a small chamber. In the small chamber mounted against the wall, is an object that has been covered with a dark red drape. To the left of the small room, there looks like what remained of where a veiled head covering had been, which now lies on the floor.

The entire room looks ransacked, and yet there is no one in the room. As you scan the room, waiting for someone to pop out, there is no one there.

Grand Lodge

[retired]

"Ooo! What a lovely color!"

Elay prances over to the dark red cloth, gingerly and delicately removes it, and examines it.

"I wonder what material it is?"

As he experiments with the textile, what does everyone else see that it was covering?

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Fen examines the room carefully once it is clear there is no threat. "Jairo spoke truly; the Veiled Lady is not here. We have failed." He begins to search for any notes, personal effects, or other clues which could help track or scry their quarry. Is she gone, or just away? Would laying an ambush be of value? We'd need more gnolls...

Dark Archive

Bard level 4 | 31/31 | Bardic Performance 14/16 | AC 16,touch 13, FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4(+2 to saves VS illusions; + 4 VS bardic, sonic, lang. dependent) | Init+2 | Perception+2 | Speed 20 ft |. Male Gnome
Skills:
+2 Acrobatics; +11 Bluff; +7 Craft(calligraphy); +13 Diplomacy; +10 Disguise; +13 Knowledge (history, local); +9 Linguistics; +13 Perform (oratory); +13 Sense Motive; +9 Spellcraft; +10 Stealth; +12 Use Magic Device

Derizione aids Fen in the search. "Perhaps we forced her to leave in haste. Haste breeds carelessness, I'm sure we'll find something she left behind that she wouldn't want us to see."

Perception (to aid Fen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

[retired]

"I wonder if this cloth is magical?"

Elay breaks out a wand of Identify and scans the 30ft in front of him.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 10 = 32

If whatever it was covering is magical, and the cloth isn't, then that's what the check is for.

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Grand Lodge

[retired]

And, true to his aloof nature, the Elf simply wanders off. He mentions something enigmatic about a "San José", or something.

Must be a location somewhere in the First World...

Grand Lodge

Have fun, Nefreet! Was good to finally game with you!

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

I'm going to need Fen back next weekend, too... any chance we can get this game finished?

Grand Lodge

Male Wayang Bard (Archaeologist)-3 | AC 17 t14 ff14 | HP 26/26 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2 | darkvision 60', Perception +5

Fen searches the room for clues to the Veiled Lady, and also for any sort of scrying device she might have used. He will then pick up whatever loot is available, and head back tot he outside, gathering any of the remaining former slaves to escort them back to safety. Dropping them off in town, he heads back to Absalom to make his report to the Venture-Captain, and then goes back into the Grand Lodge's courtyard to await his next mission.

This Chronicle will level Fen, assuming we completed enough to gain an XP, and I need to play him tomorrow... any chance of gettnig a Chronicle before then? Even just a sense of XP/PP/GP will do for now, I just don't want to play out-of-tier tomorrow if I don't have to.

151 to 191 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS Private PBP: Lady Ophelia's 6-11 Slave Master's Mirror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.