Once Upon a Time in Golarion

Game Master vayelan

A Kingmaker game with an emphasis on politics and the mundane

Resources:
Muster and Quartermaster
Map of the Greenbelt
Oleg's Trading Post
Oleg's Bulletin Board

Current Encounter Map:
Lair of the Tatzlwyrms


2,901 to 2,940 of 2,940 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

A solemn hike north by northeast brings you to the statue the fey have spoken of. Standing 15-feet tall, the mossy statue depicts a humanoid with the head of an elk. Although the pedestal atop which it stands is overgrown with vines and moss, the statue itself towers above the surrounding shrubbery. Its stony gaze surveys the wide open ground that slopes down to the west.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 10:
It is quite obvious that this statue represents an aspect of Erastil. Much like the Temple of the Elk, under Jhod's care, this small grove is likely a sacred site. Of course, also like the temple, it has been long neglected.

Perception DC 15:
There are no wild animals nearby. This grove remains very quiet and peaceful.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female Human Lv.4 Vigilante
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4/8vs.Intimidate • L:153~M:306~H:460

WIS Know Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 19
WIS Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19
(YAY!)

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

”This place is dedicated to Erastil. Jhod should be made aware of it, so that he and his adherents can see to its care.”


Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

K. Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Eunomia dismounts, approaching the statue. "It's very peaceful here. Perhaps we should camp for the night." Although not a follower of Erastil herself, she still bows her head respectfully.

Unless someone suggests they move on immediately, she'll begin cleaning the vines and moss off the statue.


Male Half Elf Silksworn Occultist 4
Info:
Init:+2 (Currently: +10) • Perc:+11 • HP:27/27 • AC:15~t11~ff15 • CMD:13 • F5~R1~W4 • C: 1/1 D: 4/4 E:4/6 N:2/3 • Spells: (1st) 3/5, (2nd) 2/2

Harmond gives a sigh, but pitches in to help Eunomia.

"I sure do miss beds. I can't wait until we get back to the trading post."


Eunomia spends an hour clearing the statue's base while the rest of the party prepares yet another campsite. The peaceful atmosphere of the grove around the statue deepens, even permeating into your tired muscles and bones. Perhaps it is merely a gut hunch, but you roundly suspect that this will prove to be an exceedingly safe campsite.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

Wonky seems to breathe again for the first time in awhile as camp is made about the statue. Even Sprocket seems to relax.

"We should speak about what we just experienced. I have never felt such power; such anger and sheer malice. And I have lived many years in Ustalav."


Female Human Lv.4 Socialite
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4, vs.Intimidate:8 • L:153~M:306~H:460

Addy emerges from the tent, face tear-stained, hair disheveled. She apparently, after camp was set up, removed her mask in private and spent some minutes alone.

"Talk. Yeah..."

Addy doesn't want to talk. She wants to curl up in a ball and drown her sorrow in tears.

"It reminds me o' when I saw me own friend dead. Innocent. Pure. Fragile. Didn't stand a chance against a cruel, powerful killer. Who kills a bride on her wedding day? Who kills a unicorn ever? Who kills anyone who's just trying to be nothing but happy—and harmless?!"

Tears well. Fists clench. She has an answer to her questions. One answer. Addy would very much like to say it, but she's a hot mess. She's pretty sure any immediate attempt to speak will result in a lot of blubbering.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

”What you are describing sounds like something wielding unholy power,” Ahto replies to Wonky. ”Perhaps we are dealing with a priest of one of the dark gods, or caster who has learned his art under the tutelage of some demonic being,” he adds speculatively.


Male Half Elf Silksworn Occultist 4
Info:
Init:+2 (Currently: +10) • Perc:+11 • HP:27/27 • AC:15~t11~ff15 • CMD:13 • F5~R1~W4 • C: 1/1 D: 4/4 E:4/6 N:2/3 • Spells: (1st) 3/5, (2nd) 2/2

"How do we find the person that did this? There has to be some way to track them down?"

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

"Perhaps Miss Prong would be able to follow the assailant by the 'scent' of his magic?" Ahto suggests, looking to Wonky for confirmation if she would be able to do such a thing. "If I am in the presence of someone I suspect, I can call upon the power of Abadar to give me insight into their nature."


Female Human Lv.4 Socialite
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4, vs.Intimidate:8 • L:153~M:306~H:460

Addy tries to regain her composure.

Bluff (I'm Fine, Really): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Her traumatized, glistening eyes still drop a few tears, but her voice manages an obviously-feigned calm.

"Wonky, any chance that green sphere'd help?"

Addy isn't really sure what the thing does, so to someone ignorant of magic, the prospect of tracking a necromancer from the First World with an item from the First World makes about as much sense as any other magic.

Other than that, Addy's at a loss.


Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

"If the killer was indeed from the First World, they may be beyond our reach...at least for now. I don't know of any portals nearby, nor do I have any idea how to create one." Eunomia rests her chin on her hand, clearly thinking hard. "Sevenarches down in the River Kingdoms has a lot of dealings with fey. Rumor has it there's even a portal to the First World there. I'll write Commander Parsall and see if he has any contacts in that area. Maybe someone there has heard of a particularly murderous fey, or has some idea of how one might track such a creature."

Entirely up to GM discretion whether or not that will actually provide any useful information.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

Wonky thinks for a moment.

"I am no tracker," she says. "And if someone powerful enough from the First World chose to slay a unicorn using a powerful spell, then I would be overmatched to attempt to gather information on their means. What is more interesting to me is the motive for such a killing."

Wonky steels herself and presses on with the line of thought. "Unicorns are powerful and magical creatures. Their form is imbued with primal magic of the highest order. I can fathom that there would be much nefarious use that could be had from spell components derived from its dead form - and those components might not be physical."

Wonky thinks some more.

Knowledge Arcana Check, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (6) = 20

"As far as this mossy rock, I have surmised that it has immense natural powers, but none of the like that would be helpful in this murder investigation, Addy. It stymies me, it does, as I try to unlock it, but I am close, I can sense it. That, being said, I will divert my attention to it for the evening and try to rest as best I can after the trauma of the day. Excuse me, please." With that, the gnome and Sprocket retire to an area near the statue.

Knowledge Nature Check, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 13 + (6) = 39 If you allow me the extra +1 to ID weaknesses or powers, GM, then that equals 40!


Eunomia: I think Commander Parsall's reply letter will have some interesting information, although it won't outright solve this mystery.

The grove surrounding the statue of Erastil proves to be a safe campsite, indeed. Each shift in the night's watch rotation proves to be more uneventful than the last. Truly, the closest to a disturbance to be found is the excited mutterings and scribblings of Wonky as she evidently reaches an unparalleled breakthrough with the green stone sphere that has vexed her for so long.

Wonky:
This proves to be the final night you need to unlock the lorestone's secrets. Perhaps it is some grace from Erastil watching over the sacred site, but you are far more certain that it is your own persistence and dedication.

The deepest layers of code within the etchings impart secrets regarding to how ancient, primordial aspects of living creatures might be teased forth with magical aid - a task for which the lorestone itself can serve as conduit. Your study has cracked the secrets of a rare, perhaps unique artifact tied to the world of species and beasts.

Congratulations! You are now attuned with the lorestone, allowing you to cast Atavism 3/day at CL 9.

The rising sun finds most of your fey companions' grief dissipated like morning mist, at least on the surface. Their otherworldly aspect makes it more challenging to glean their true emotional state, but it remains a safe assumption that discovering their friend's death has left them shaken.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

Eunomia spends her watch hours adding onto the letter she had been writing to Commander Parsall.

The next morning she glances knowingly at Addy after seeing Tyg and Perly's seemingly improved state of mind. Grief does not pass so quickly. Still, she tries not to do or say anything that might bring down the mood.

"Should we head back to the trading post now? We could stop by the Temple of the Elk on the way to let Jhod know about the statue."

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

”We still need to see to the Trapper’s remains,” Ahto replies. ”Once that is resolved, we can certainly notify Jhod, and then return to the Post.”

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

It is late into the morning at camp and still Wonky has not stirred from her bedroll. Those who would investigate find her wrapped up as the middle layer in a sandwich with Sprocket on the outside and the strangely-gleaming lorestone in the centre. With a start, the gnome wakes up, her spectacles askew, her hair a frightful bird’s nest.

”I discovered the secret!” she blurts out to the first person she sees. ”I uncovered the occult primal energy residing within this lorestone to allow for atavistic transformation! I spent some - most - of the night perfecting my calculations! It works! This is amazing!”

The small gnome stands up, joints popping as she stretches. As she rises, Sprocket yowls a squeaky yawn and gets up as well, stretching and grimacing. His fur seems grimier than you imagined it was when everyone went to sleep. Sprocket gives a heaving retch and vomits up a dead rabbit, nearly fully-intact, from somewhere within his small form. The little dog whines, sniffs the bile-soaked carcass, then trots off to tend to the call of the morning.

”We should probably bury that,” Wonky mentions as she stifles a yawn.


Female Human Lv.4 Socialite
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4, vs.Intimidate:8 • L:153~M:306~H:460

Addy is well aware of what Eunomia's look means. She gives a look back as she says, "They say time heals all wounds."
Bellflower Innuendo (DC20): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Eunomia:
Eunomia can tell that Addy doesn't exactly agree with They.

"Time can't heal Horace. Or Vikki. Or Pina. Or Ahto's parents. But we know what Tyg and Perval lost through our own losses, so maybe our friendship with the fey'll help 'em get through it."

Addy replies to Wonky's news, "That's wonderful! I hoped since ye found it, the stone'd help ye with... y'know."

Bellflower Innuendo (DC15): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Wonky:
Of course it is obvious to Wonky what Addy means. She hopes Wonky can find the cure for her father's blight, and Addy believes the First World is the key.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Wonky looks with a puzzled expression at Addy.

"No, I do not know. To what are you referring?"


Female Human Lv.4 Socialite
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4, vs.Intimidate:8 • L:153~M:306~H:460

(You don't need a sense motive check. Bellflower Innuendo is basically using Bluff: Relay Hidden Message, except it's instantly understood by the target audience if I roll my DC, 15 for a simple message or 20 for complex.
_
In this case, Addy's just trying not to blurt out something personal to Wonky in case Wonky does not want to discuss it.)

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

Ahto’s eyes go wide with surprise at the tiny dog’s regurgitation. He watches Sprocket depart with a look of both amusement and caution.

After a moment, he resumes his morning routine of breaking camp and packing the gear.

”Are we closer to the Temple of Erastil or to the Trapper’s body?” he asks. He looks around, trying to get his own bearings based on familiar terrain and landmarks.


"Um..." Perlivash mumbles, looking at the party's map. "I think...I think Breeg is around here," he says, pointing a small claw at a point in the northwestern reaches of the forest. This would mean that the temple is closer to your current location.

"Um, you seem quite wise, Mister Ahto. May I ask you a question?"

Assuming his request is not rebuffed, the faerie dragon alights upon the Abadaran's shoulder and softly asks his question.

Ahto:
"Do you think Horace's death is a punishment for what happened to Breeg? I'm just really worried that this is my fault," the small dragon asks, his low voice quavering with uncertainty.


Male Half Elf Silksworn Occultist 4
Info:
Init:+2 (Currently: +10) • Perc:+11 • HP:27/27 • AC:15~t11~ff15 • CMD:13 • F5~R1~W4 • C: 1/1 D: 4/4 E:4/6 N:2/3 • Spells: (1st) 3/5, (2nd) 2/2

Harmond looks left and then right, then back to Ahto. "Beats me Mr Ulrych. I would be completely lost out here without you guys."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

Ahto nods in acknowledgment of the location Perlivash indicated on the map. He then turns toward the tiny dragon as the question is asked, and does not stop him from perching on his shoulder.

Quiet Conversation with Perlivash:

"Some believe that there is an almost clockwork efficiency built into the universe, that for every good thing that happens and equally bad thing has to happen. I, and the Abadarian faith, do not hold this view. We make choices in life, and those choices bear out consequences, sometimes to ourselves, and sometimes to those around us. You made a choice that affected both you and Breeg, but how would it have affected Horace? The only possibility I could reasonably assume to fit your supposition is that Horace's murderer killed him as a way of getting revenge on you for killing Breeg. If that were the case, why Horace in particular? Furthermore, does Breeg strike you as the type of man who would have made friends with a Dark Necromancer from the First World? In all likelihood, the two are unrelated. Until we know more, do not assume culpability, you bear enough weight on your conscience without adding the burden of Horace's death as well."


Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

With no small amount of disgust, Eunomia does indeed bury the rabbit. How did such a small creature eat something that size? Did she make him larger? Is that what 'atavistic transformation' means?

"That does seem very...useful," she remarks politely. She takes another look at the grime-covered animal. "Any chance we have enough extra water to give him a bath?"

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

Wonky happily checks the map, seemingly recovered from the intense sadness she's exhibited for the past day. "Yes, we have got a few days less travel to the Erastilian temple where our friend Jhod resides than to where the body of the poacher Breeg is thought to be. Just think how excited our newly re-anointed cleric of Old Deadeye will be to know of this serene scene!"

Knowledge Geography, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 13 + (5) = 36

Sprocket chows hungrily at some feed that Wonky lays out for him. None of you have noticed the small dog eating as voraciously as he currently eats this morning.

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

”Let us be on our way then, unless you wish to give Sprocket and good scrubbing first,” Ahto replies.


Wonky's personal geographic knowledge seems to surpass even what's been documented on the maps. She is able to predict the course of gullies and old creek beds, allowing them to serve as byways to expedite your travel through the forest. Even Tyg and Perlivash are surprised by the haste you make.

Soon enough, the massive elk carved from the rock face comes into view through the foliage, signalling that you have arrived at the temple. You find Jhod beside the reflecting pool, and he is not alone. He kneels beside a hunter, and it seems that the priest is tending to an injury upon the man's leg.


Female Human Lv.4 Vigilante
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4/8vs.Intimidate • L:153~M:306~H:460

The Vixen approaches. "Is that Breeg?" she asks Jhod, adding a follow-up question faster than her first can be answered: "Is he alive?"


Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

"Doubtful. Might be another person that fell foul of his traps, though."

Eunomia dismounts and inclines her head respectfully to the priest. "It is good to see you again Father Kavken. Do you need any assistance?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

"That's not Breeg, is it?" Ahto says quietly to Perlivash, nodding his head slightly towards the man Jhod is tending.

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

"We have found a statue to Erastil in the wilderness, Jhod!" Wonky exclaims with little pretense. The gnome comes over to where the priest is tending to the hunter and unfurls her large map. "Hello, Wonky Prong Jr. A pleasure to make your acquaintance," she says as she nearly dumps the map on the hunter's head. "You see, we were guided by our friends here, Perlivash and Tyg-Tyg - they are helpful fey creatures, and quite knowledgeable about this wilderness - to a giant abandoned statue of a man with the head of an elk!"

Wonky seems exceedingly full of information, thrashing about with gestures to the map and the new companions as she talks with animation.

Sprocket woofs happily. It seems to be a bit lower in timbre than some of you remember.


Male Half Elf Silksworn Occultist 4
Info:
Init:+2 (Currently: +10) • Perc:+11 • HP:27/27 • AC:15~t11~ff15 • CMD:13 • F5~R1~W4 • C: 1/1 D: 4/4 E:4/6 N:2/3 • Spells: (1st) 3/5, (2nd) 2/2

Harmond watches Wonky's introduction with a smile. He still seems quite after the death of the unicorn, but at least he is beginning to smile. "We thought you might be interested in it, so came right away to let you know."


"Breeg?" the wounded hunter exclaims, hearing the Vixen's question as she approaches. "Deadeye forbid! If that sot twisted his ankle, he'd just wait it out in the woods before admitting to anyone that he needed help."

In addition to the hunter's own response, Perlivash also confirms that this is not the misanthropic trapper Breeg.

"I appreciate the offer, miss, but I'm just about finished," Jhod replies to Eunomia. "Mister Gulch took a misstep, and his leg landed in a gopher hole."

"I thought it mighta been one o' Breeg's traps at first, 'cept it didn't have no sharpened sticks inside. We always used to think that's how old Vekkel really lost his leg, up until that scaly boy actually brought back Tuskgutter's hide."

When Wonky effuses about the statue of Erastil, Jhod's eyes light up with child-like excitement.

"Oh my! Thank you for bringing me such news. I must visit the statue as soon as I can. Well, once I've finished cleaning the temple. And once I'm sure no one else like Mr. Gulch will need my aid."

The Exchange

Male Human Inquisitor of Abadar (Sin Eater) 4 l AC 16 T 10 FF 16 l HP 30/30 l F +5 R +1 W +6/+8* l Init +2 l Perc +9

"How much progress have you made?" Ahto asks with regard to the temple cleaning.


Female Human Lv.4 Vigilante
Info:
Init:+2 • Perc:+0 • HP:30 • AC:16~t12~ff14 • CMD:20 • F2~R6~W4/8vs.Intimidate • L:153~M:306~H:460

The Vixen replies to the hunter, "Well, o' course ye can't be Breeg, as he died a slow and painful death weeks ago.

"And not to split hairs or nothing, but he died o' wounds caused by his own trap, and the trap didn't have any sharp sticks. It involved a log made to pulverized its victim, shattering bone and... I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

"That said, ye seem pretty sure it ain't Breeg's trap that injured ye. There a reason aside from the apparent lack o' sharp sticks?"

Dark Archive

Female Gnome NG Investigator 4 (Cryptid Scholar) hp 30/30 | AC 15* (t14;f12 *+1 AC vs traps) | CMD 14 (ff11) | F* +2 R*** +7 W** +6 (*+2 illusions **+1 if animal within 30' *** +1 vs traps) | Init +3 Perc +6 (Darkvision)

Wonky interrupts the Vixen.

"We are not sure how Breeg died, nor have we even confirmed that he did," Wonky says, using less-than-subtle facial expressions at the Vixen.

Sense Motive DC 15 (intended for the Vixen, but frankly obvious for everyone):
"SHHHHHH!" (*side-eyes to Perlivash*)


Female Aasimar Sorcerer 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 17 (T: 13, FF: 15) | Init: +2 | Perc. +8, Darkvision 60ft
More Info:
Resist: Acid/Cold/Neg. Energy 5 | Saves: F:+3, R:+3, W:+8 (+2 vs death effects/energy drain/neg. energy/necromantic spells | BAB: +2, CMB: 11, CMD: +13 | Spells: (1st) 4/7, (2nd) 4/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Eunomia's distracted by her own thoughts. Honestly, in all the horror of Horace's death, she'd almost forgotten Perlivash's confession. She's in the process of mentally adding 'sharpened sticks in holes' to the list of traps to look out for when she realizes what Wonky said.

Now, Eunomia may not look much like an angel, but she still has an archon's sense of justice. Breeg was dead. They had an eyewitness to that effect. They knew exactly how he'd died, because the person responsible for his death had confessed. She liked Perly, fully believed that he hadn't intended this outcome, and was willing to consider him 'pardoned', but that wasn't the same as pretending the event had never occurred.

It wasn't the same as covering it up.

She clears her throat awkwardly. "While I haven't seen the body myself, we do have an eyewitness that stated Breeg fell victim to one of his own traps. We intend to investigate further after we leave here. I don't suppose you know if he had any next-of-kin we should notify?"

Sorry Wonky, even if Eunomia had passed the sense motive check she wouldn't be comfortable with letting that lie stand. The drawbacks of playing a lawful good character dedicated to the empyreal lord of truth.

2,901 to 2,940 of 2,940 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker: Once upon a time in Golarion vol. 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.