Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Overall map / Treasure tracker / Thrown splash weapon rules


4,101 to 4,138 of 4,138 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

Tristain’s face and body slumps, but is mildly reenergized by Al’s offer of juice and cookie. I guess there are some rare pleasures in even the darkest of hells, like this place.

He takes in the dream sustenance along with Al’s words that express how he feels, but only less defeated. Somewhat fortified, Tristain stops slumping and tries again.

”Al, I think...I think one the dancers is up there with the spiders. If we weren’t headed there already, we should check on Tenebrynn, Al.” Tristain looks towards the ladder.


AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

"Yeah... Tristain's right again. It's getting to be a habit with you. You'd better watch that." he grins admonishingly at Tristain.

"Let's see what the others have found." he turns to look and is surprised he doesn't see the rest of the group by the curtains. "I hope they haven't gone too far up there." he mutters worriedly as he rushes to the wall.

He starts climbing the ladder. Once atop, he re-draws his dream-scimitar and looks for the others. (Darkvision 60' if it's still dark up there.)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

Albert, agreeing almost too quickly, turns his attention to the ladder. "Good call, them vampires can wait." Following Kyffin, Albert will climb up as well.

take 20 if needed to climb safely

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Sorry for the delay, all.

The merchant reluctantly agrees, his disappointment obvious and you begin to make your way toward the ladder, Tristain and Kyffin grabbing Al as he was about to veer off again in another direction.

Meanwhile, as they make their way to the base of the ladder, above, Tenebrynn's lights don't seem to have any effect on the darkness. Thus neither she nor Heinrich see whatever suddenly seems to bite the scientist, drawing blood from his chest! 14 hp, plus need a DC 17 Fort save vs. poison or take 1 Dex damage

Mechanics:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

1d2 ⇒ 1

H: poison?

Let's call that the start of initiative; Al and Tenebrynn are 60 feet up in darkness. The rest of the group is at the base of the ladder, unaware there's combat going on above.


M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

Round Zero

Tristain lollygags to the ladder, willing to let others go first. He's unaware of any combat. But also, combat might be better than staying at this hellish social event.

Battling evil monsters might be better. Probably.


AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

Round 1

Status:
HP: 51/51 AC: 23 (f18/t12/shieldless 19) (+2 magic vestment included)
Weapon Equipped = None
Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
Conditions = Magic Vestment (+2, 1/6h)
Scimitar: Attack: BAB +4, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
Blessings (6/6, su, DC 15) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
Fervor (1/5, su, sw, DC 15, 2d6)
Sacred Weapon (6/6r, su, sw, +1)
Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
Spells (Caster Level 6, Concentration +8)
Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person

I’m not sure what the move speed is up a ladder, but Kyffin double moves up the ladder, climbing into the darkness as previously planned. 30’ move so I figure at best, he’s half way up after the round.


HP 32/32; AC 16, T 13, T 14; F+4, R+6, W+3; CMD 17; Init +2, Perc+9

Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 4 = 27
HP 18/32

"Ach! Something has bitten me!" Heinrich looks around wildly. He draws his dagger!


AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

Al is following Kyffin up the ladder, and Heinrich is above with Tenny

Do we hear Heinrich say that something has bitten him?

Al takes a slow cautious pace on the climb, unless he is aware of the distress above, then he climbs quickly.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

I'm going to say no, you don't hear any sounds of distress thanks to the distance and the noise from the revels around you. Waiting on Tenebrynn.


Baseline Stats:
Max HP: 69 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Fort +10 / Ref +8 / Will +3 | Stealth +21 |Disable Device +16 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10 | Fly +9

Tenebrynn stamps her foot in vain frustration as Heinrich calls out but her gnomish magics do nothing to break the crippling darkness. "I can't see what bit you, Heinrich! I can't even see you!"

Unable to even see where there are rafters to walk upon and where there's nothing but a sudden drop, the little gnome sends a blast of air well above where she thinks her friend is.

Let's (try to) aim 10ft above Heinrich.
Miss chance (high good): 1d100 ⇒ 68
Air Blast: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30for: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 10 = 17
crit?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25for an additional: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 10 = 21
Geez. What a waste!

Status:

Waking HP: 75/75
Dreamlands HP: 75/75
Nonlethal: 1
AC: 17 (14 T / 12 FF) // 25% miss chance for ranged attacks
Fort: +11 // Ref: +9 // Will: +3 (+2 vs illusion)
Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
Burn Accrued: 1/8
SLAs: dancing lights [X], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

Ongoing Effects:
Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results

Elemental overflow:

  • +x to hit, +2x damage, and visual effects on person as long as burn is present (x = current burn)
  • Ability Score increases (+2): Dex, Con

  • RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    Round 1
    Kyffin and Al begin moving up the ladder, with Tristain somewhat slower in following them. Yes, it's half speed to ascend the ladder, so 30 feet up.

    In the darkness above, Heinrich pulls his dagger, though he can feel the poison still coursing through his veins, his muscles stiffening Need another DC 15 save or take 2 Dex damage.

    Tenebrynn's blast doesn't seem to hit anything, but she realizes she's likely surrounded as she feels spidery legs brushing around her, and her friend. Suddenly the uncomfortable touches being jabbing pains, as they bite and claw Tenebrynn takes 13 total, plus needs to make a DC 15 Fort save vs. poison or take 2 Dex damage; Heinrich takes 11 hp. Both also hear a suggestion in a chittering voice telling them to "Jump!" as they feel fear grip them. Both must make four DC 13 Will saves vs. fear; also both must make a DC 14 Will save or jump off the edge

    Mechanics:

    1d2 ⇒ 2

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    1d2 ⇒ 2
    Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
    Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    Claws: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    H: poison (1 save)?
    T: poison


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    ”What’s going on up there!? I can’t see a thing!” Tristain pauses from his climb. ”They should come down and, or we should get some light.” He has some regrets about urging the party up there when it is so dangerous.


    HP 32/32; AC 16, T 13, T 14; F+4, R+6, W+3; CMD 17; Init +2, Perc+9

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22
    Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

    "Preposterous! Why would I do such a foolish thing?!?" Heinrich draws an extract of shield and downs it!


    AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

    Round 2

    Status:
    HP: 51/51 AC: 23 (f18/t12/shieldless 19) (+2 magic vestment included)
    Weapon Equipped = None
    Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
    Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
    Conditions = Magic Vestment (+2, 1/6h)
    Scimitar: Attack: BAB +4, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
    Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
    Blessings (6/6, su, DC 15) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
    Fervor (1/5, su, sw, DC 15, 2d6)
    Sacred Weapon (6/6r, su, sw, +1)
    Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
    Spells (Caster Level 6, Concentration +8)
    Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
    First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
    Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person

    Kyffin double moves up the ladder, which should put him ‘just’ at the top on the platform. He has darkvision - can he see? Or is it magically dark up here?

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    It is magically dark. Heinrich, just FYI, I believe that will provoke.


    HP 32/32; AC 16, T 13, T 14; F+4, R+6, W+3; CMD 17; Init +2, Perc+9

    Having no idea of this, I'll do it.


    Baseline Stats:
    Max HP: 69 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Fort +10 / Ref +8 / Will +3 | Stealth +21 |Disable Device +16 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10 | Fly +9

    Irony strikes! I had seriously considered jumping of my own accord but didn't want to abandon Heinrich to a gruesome fate!

    Fort Save (DC 15): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

    Will Save (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Shaken
    Will Save (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7 Frightened
    Will Save (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16
    Will Save (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21

    Will Save (DC 14): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15

    Tenebrynn gasps, but the talisman around her neck shatters and she shakes off the choking fear that nearly swallowed her. Standing firm beside Heinrich, she lashes out at their foes in the gaping dark.

    Miss Chance (high good): 1d100 ⇒ 57
    Air Blast: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21for: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) + 11 = 26

    Status:

    Waking HP: 75/75
    Dreamlands HP: 60/75
    Nonlethal: 1
    AC: 17 (14 T / 12 FF) // 25% miss chance for ranged attacks
    Fort: +11 // Ref: +9 // Will: +3 (+2 vs illusion)
    Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
    Burn Accrued: 1/8
    SLAs: dancing lights [X], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

    Ongoing Effects:
    Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
    Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results

    Elemental overflow:
    +x to hit, +2x damage, and visual effects on person as long as burn is present (x = current burn)
    Ability Score increases (+2): Dex, Con

    Frightened: -2 to all checks, flee from source of fear as directly as able

    The damage we took when arriving in the dreamlands from the ritual, is that to our physical bodies or to our dreamlands bodies?


    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

    Albert continues climbing.


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    Seeing Tenebrynn come down, Tristain stops climbing.

    "What's going on up there?" He asks.

    Delay.


    AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

    "I dunno. It's dark. Give me a moment to bring out my light." Kyffin replies, still unsure what exactly is happening.

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    Round 2
    Heinrich feels himself start to shake with fear, as he drinks an extract, only to have the creature bite him again 8 hp, plus need a DC 15 Fort save vs. poison or take 1 Dex damage.

    Kyffin arrives at the top, barely making room as Al and Tristain wait on the ladder behind him, with no room for them to get off it in the darkness. Poison still stiffening her limbs need another save, Tenebrynn meanwhile lashes out, and she can hear a gasp as her blast hits something, but she also suffers another bites, the creatures taking advantage of her effort to throw wind at them 8 hp

    As you all jockey for position, your attackers continue to press their advantage and two more of them bite Tenebrynn 13 hp, while one also manages to sink its fangs into Kyffin 7 hp, plus DC 15 Fort save vs. poison or take 2 Dex damage.

    Mechanics:

    Will vs. fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Will vs. fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Will vs. fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
    Will vs. fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    1d2 ⇒ 1

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    1d2 ⇒ 1

    Bite AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    Bite AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Bite vs. T: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    1d2 ⇒ 1

    Bite vs. T: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    1d2 ⇒ 1

    Bite vs. H: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    1d2 ⇒ 1

    Bite vs. K: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    1d2 ⇒ 2

    Pink: 21

    H: poison (0 saves)?
    K: poison (0 saves)?
    T: poison (1 save)?

    Also the newcomers who are not immune to fear each need to give me four DC 13 Will saves vs. it, please.


    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

    if within 10 feet of Albert get a +4 on the saves

    "What's going on up here?" Albert calls loudly. "Has anyone seen Maudette? Is she up here?"


    HP 32/32; AC 16, T 13, T 14; F+4, R+6, W+3; CMD 17; Init +2, Perc+9

    Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 4 = 21

    "Vile beast! Show yourself!" Feeling suddenly very alone, Heinrich draws his dagger and readies an attack!

    Readied attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage!


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    Round 2

    Come out of delay.

    Tristain climbs closer, casts light

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    In the gloom of Tristain's spell, you see four hideous purple creature that walks upright like a man, but with the face of a spider, and sickle-shaped claws instead of hands. The bloated things each have an extra arm hanging from their chests.

    Know (dungeoneering) DC 19:

    They're like ettercaps, but clearly some nightmare version of them.

    It's now dim lighting. Also, not sure if I'll post again this week, what with holiday travels. If not, happy holiday, everyone, and I'll be back Sunday or Monday!


    AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

    Round 3

    Status:
    HP: 44/51 AC: 23 (f18/t12/shieldless 19) (+2 magic vestment included)
    Weapon Equipped = None
    Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
    Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
    Conditions = Magic Vestment (+2, 1/6h), -2 dex (damage)
    Scimitar: Attack: BAB +4, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
    Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
    Blessings (6/6, su, DC 15) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
    Fervor (1/5, su, sw, DC 15, 2d6)
    Sacred Weapon (6/6r, su, sw, +1)
    Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
    Spells (Caster Level 6, Concentration +8)
    Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
    First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
    Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person

    Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 vs DC 15 or 2 dex damage
    Will: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 4 = 29 (old man smell) vs DC 13 (fear?)
    Will: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 4 = 25 (old man smell) vs DC 13 (fear?)
    Will: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 4 = 30 (old man smell) vs DC 13 (fear?)
    Will: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 = 28 (old man smell) vs DC 13 (fear?)

    If he’s not already running away, Kyffin takes out his Ioun Torch (move), heightened to be cast as a 5th level spell to overcome Deeper Darkness (7th level caster) and tosses it above his head (standard?). He also 5’ steps into the ‘room’ to make space for someone else to climb up off the ladder.

    Unfortunately, that leaves him still standing weaponless as he looks about.

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    It is now normal light...

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    Round 3
    Everyone pushes further down the plank as Kyffin lights the room fully, letting you see the forces arrayed against you -- and a web-wrapped young woman at the far end of the gangway.

    Tenebrynn blasts the one she blasted earlier, killing it, but the remaining ones press their edge, slashing at Al as he emerges from the ladder and not letting up. Al takes 13 hp and must make a DC 15 Fort save vs. poison or take 2 Dex damage; Heinrich takes 8 hp, and DC 15 Fort save vs. poison or take 1 Dex damage; Kyffin takes 6, plus 2 Dex damage if he doesn't make his save.

    Mechanics:

    Tenebrynn Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
    Tenebrynn Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16
    Air Blast: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
    3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 11 = 19

    Aqua AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    Green AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    1d2 ⇒ 2

    Aqua: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Aqua claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Aqua claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
    1d2 ⇒ 2
    Green claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    Green claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    1d2 ⇒ 1
    Red claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Red claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    H: poison (1 save)?
    K: poison (1 save)?
    A: poison (0 saves)

    Party is up.


    AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

    Round 3

    Status:
    HP: 38/51 AC: 22 (f18/t11/shieldless 18) (+2 magic vestment & -2 dex damage included)
    Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
    Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
    Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
    Conditions = Magic Vestment (+2, 1/6h), Divine Favor (+3, 1/10r)
    Scimitar: Attack: BAB +4, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
    Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
    Blessings (6/6, su, DC 15) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
    Fervor (4/5, su, sw, DC 15, 2d6)
    Sacred Weapon (6/6r, su, sw, +1)
    Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
    Spells (Caster Level 6, Concentration +8)
    Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
    First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
    Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person

    Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 vs DC 15 or 2 dex damage

    Seeing the foes arrayed against the party, Kyffin draws his scimitar (move), summons forth Divine Favor (+3 attacks/damage (luck), (swift)) with religious Fervor, and strikes at one of his foes. He strikes the red one.

    Scimitar (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 3 = 30 (favor) damage: 1d8 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 3 = 17 (favor)
    crit threat Scimitar (magic): 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 3 = 20 (favor) damage: 1d8 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 3 = 22 (favor)

    "Damn spiders!" Kyffin shouts as his strike presumably rings true.


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    Round 3

    Tristain moves up to where he can see, focusing his eyes on the red foe. "You know, this is a party. You should be dancing! Why don't you go over there and enjoy a few songs?!" Tristain points well out of the combat area and down the catwalk.

    I'm sure this is a very reasonable suggestion. (DC 18 will)

    Tris' stats:

    HP: 37/37
    AC: 12
    Points: 5/5 left
    Spells: Lvl 1: 8/8 left (MM*0,IllOm*0,MurdCom*0,Vanish*0) dc 17
    Spells: Lvl 2: 4/6 left (Kno*0,SpirW*0,Sugg*2) dc 18
    Spells: Lvl 3: 4/4 left (ForPun*0, MagVest*0) dc 19
    Cure Used: 0/2 used
    Rod of Reach: 1/3 used
    Scroll SMIII

    "gad-ZOOKS!”

    Wand of Magic Missile (5): 2/50 left
    [ dice]3d4 + 3[/dice] force damage

    Wand of Bless: 2/18 left
    Bless (1/10): +1 to attacks and morale.

    [ dice]1d6+1[/dice] force damage
    [ dice]1d20+8[/dice] CMB to trip vs. CMD

    [ dice]1d20+2-4[/dice] to hit; ()
    [ dice]1d8-1[/dice] piercing damage

    [ dice]1d6+1[/dice] force damage
    [ dice]1d20+8[/dice] CMB to trip vs. CMD
    [ dice]1d6+1[/dice] force damage
    [ dice]1d6+1[/dice] force damage
    [ dice]1d6+1[/dice] force damage


    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

    DC 15 Fort save vs. poison: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

    "You creepers leave that young lady alone!" Albert threatens the creatures as he slashes at the one attacking him and wipes some dirt over his wounds.

    Rapier, power attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13

    Dirt on It: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 1) = 9


    Baseline Stats:
    Max HP: 69 | AC 16 (14 T / 13 FF) | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Fort +10 / Ref +8 / Will +3 | Stealth +21 |Disable Device +16 | Acrobatics +11 | Perception +10 | Fly +9

    With a little light in the area now, Tenebrynn focuses on one of the nearer monstrous forms and draws the air around her in a rush before sending it forward in a roar.

    Air Blast: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 = 14for: 4d6 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 4) + 11 - 2 = 28

    Move action: gather power
    Standard: shoot

    Status:

    Waking HP: 75/75
    Dreamlands HP: 39/75
    Nonlethal: 1
    AC: 17 (14 T / 12 FF) // 25% miss chance for ranged attacks
    Fort: +11 // Ref: +9 // Will: +3 (+2 vs illusion)
    Talisman of Warrior's Courage: [ ]
    Burn Accrued: 1/8
    SLAs: dancing lights [X], ghost sound [ ], prestidigitation [ ], speak with animals [ ]

    Ongoing Effects:
    Warden of Nature: +1 to hit/+2 dodge bonus vs aberrations, oozes, vermin
    Foe of the Strange: +1 to saves vs aberrations, -10 to confusion results

    Elemental overflow:
    +x to hit, +2x damage, and visual effects on person as long as burn is present (x = current burn)
    Ability Score increases (+2): Dex, Con

    Shaken: -2 to all checks

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    Round 4
    Kyffin chops down one of the creatures in a single blow, perhaps prompting one of the others to be even more inclined to follow Tristain's suggestion, sending it scurrying down the wall to the floor below.

    Al manages to find some dirt as he cuts into another one, but Tenebrynn's too careful, her blast just ripping out a section of webbing. Heinrich throws a bomb at it, but it's not enough to kill it and it manages to swipe a claw at Kyffin 6 hp before the half-orc manages to cut it down too. Let's call that the fight; that said, Al still needs one more Fort save or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Dex damage.

    Mechanics:

    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    3d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) + 3 = 13

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

    Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    ”Well, okay, that was spidery, but also better than being down there. Now...didn’t we see a girl come up here?” Tristain asks while casting Detect Magic and looking around for both loot and any survivors of the spidery things.

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Perception


    AC: 21 (f18/t12); CMD: 19; F: +10, R: +6, W: +10

    Status:
    HP: 49/51 AC: 22 (f18/t11/shieldless 18) (+2 magic vestment & -2 dex damage included)
    Weapon Equipped = Scimitar
    Cold Iron/Silver Blanch Arrows = 10/10
    Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Arrows = 10/10
    Conditions = Magic Vestment (+2, 1/6h), Divine Favor (+3, 1/10r)
    Scimitar: Attack: BAB +4, Str +4, Magic +1, Focus +1, (Power -2) Damage: Str +4, Magic +1, Specialization +2, (Power +4) Crit: 18-20
    Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: Str +4
    Blessings (6/6, su, DC 15) (Holy Strike (std) or Powerful Healer) (sw)
    Fervor (4/5, su, sw, DC 15, 2d6)
    Sacred Weapon (6/6r, su, sw, +1)
    Pearl of Power (1/1, first)(1/1, second)
    Spells (Caster Level 6, Concentration +8)
    Zero (12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Stabilize
    First (13): Command, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
    Second (14): Bull’s Strength, Bull’s Strength, Burst of Radiance, Hold Person

    Kyffin moves about protecting Tristain during his search, and providing light. He keeps his scimitar out and ready as he also heals up a bit.

    CLW Wand: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 7) + 2 = 17

    "I bet there are a lot of spiders up here. Should we clear it out do you think? Or just do the job before us and return. This place is so strange." he shakes his bewildered head.

    He looks to see as well if anyone has dex damage, "Is everyone all right? We've got a wand of lessor restoration if anyone took ill from the venom and needs to take the edge off."

    RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

    Paying more attention, this time you realize the web-wrapped young woman at the far end of the gangway is probably the one you came looking for.

    She moves stiffly as you free her from the webs, but her gratitude is clear: "Thank you!" she exclaims. "I was sure I was dead..."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19, hp 46, Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, CMD 23, Perception +0

    DC 15 Fort save vs. poison: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

    "You're welcome, my dear." Albert beams his friendly old man smile. "Maudette, I presume? We were looking for you with a request from the count, it seems he made a terrible scheduling error and double booked himself this evening for the dance. We're seeking your gracious acknowledgement that he'll be unable to complete his arrangement with you, although after that spider venom maybe this is a blessing in disguise, hard to dance when your joints are stiff."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


    M Human - Loon 6 AC: 12 (10 FF) CMD (13/11) CMB +1 Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +9

    Tristain moves up to help Albert seduce help the lady.

    "Are you okay, ma'am? Let's get you downstairs. It's only slightly more ghastly down there than up here, but that depends if you spiders or socialites."

    If there are no magics around and in the webbing, he will also go back to the dance floor.

    4,101 to 4,138 of 4,138 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Strange Aeons PBP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.