MiniGM's Unlikely Heroes Campaign

Game Master Vuvu


701 to 750 of 1,622 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen gladly accepts the shot, and downs it. "Coulda sworn I heard it say 'I have a name you know'. Wonder what its name is?"


Unnamed

The woman in the corner sends the gnome back. She says she says come see her at lunch time tomorrow.. The gnome leaves a paper with an addresss across town.

The gnome stands expectantly

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 3-- HP- 15/15 (sub) 14/15 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +6 Will +3

"Whats your name Sweetcheeks?"

The candymaker began asking the gnome while reaching into his coin pouch to fish out a few coins while opening the candy case he kept the Chocodrops (creation DC 15) handing her silver and a candy.


Female Human Cleric of Desna 3 | HP 14/14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC/T/FF17 12 15 | Saves +2 +3 +7 | Common, Elven, Celestial, Orc | Starknife +5 (1d4+3/x3)
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Alex downs a glass of whisky and then begins to cough. "Good stuff." She says between coughs.


Unnamed

1d100 ⇒ 24

She chews the candy and after a second her face twists...she recovers and swallows. Then she collects the coin and tries to smile as she collects the coins and leaves

galen:

Come on now. Don't spoil my fun. Anyhow what's cracking?


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

"So the woman wants to meet tomorrow? Perhaps, she has work fer us." He pours another round of whiskey. With a flick of his wrist, the fiery liquid splashes down his throat. His hands appear to be a bit steadier, "Bless Cayden Cailean and his craft. You know he's one of Iomedae's favorites." The dwarf imparts a bit of religion upon the group.


Unnamed

A drunken lout across the bar hears Nic and shouts TO CALLDYEN!
Slurring mightily. The bar takes up the cry and someone orders ales for the room!

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Downing another round, Galen figures the whiskey must be working on him more than he thought as a voice speaks to him again. Playing along this time, he says out loud: "Nothing doing, pal. Just celebratin' a job well done. You got a name? Want a drink, eh?"


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2
Alexandra Beatrix wrote:
Alex downs a glass of whisky and then begins to cough. "Good stuff." She says between coughs.

"It is definitely an acquired taste" - Reknar smiles at Alex - "All good?"

Nic "One-Ear" Rockborn wrote:
"So the woman wants to meet tomorrow? Perhaps, she has work fer us." He pours another round of whiskey. With a flick of his wrist, the fiery liquid splashes down his throat. His hands appear to be a bit steadier, "Bless Cayden Cailean and his craft. You know he's one of Iomedae's favorites." The dwarf imparts a bit of religion upon the group.

Reknar joins in, and takes down another shot of whisky, then reverting to beer - "Did not know that Nic. How come?"

Galen Goodfellow wrote:
Downing another round, Galen figures the whiskey must be working on him more than he thought as a voice speaks to him again. Playing along this time, he says out loud: "Nothing doing, pal. Just celebratin' a job well done. You got a name? Want a drink, eh?"

"Galen, you talking to yourself man?" - he chuckles.

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen is distracted as if listening for something else. "What...yeah. Talking to myself, that's it." She shakes his head giving up on hearing the voice again.


Unnamed

galen:
Good. Well done. So tell me about yourself.

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

"I'm Galen, a knight-in-training. Who are you?" says the young warrior again to seemingly no one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Cleric of Desna 3 | HP 14/14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC/T/FF17 12 15 | Saves +2 +3 +7 | Common, Elven, Celestial, Orc | Starknife +5 (1d4+3/x3)
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

Alex raises an eyebrow at Galen. Is it just me or is raising an eyebrow a fantasy cliche?


Unnamed

galen:
In training? Seriously? How cliche can you be? And what does that even mean? Hell what does a knight mean other than you kill people and claim it is for a good reason and ride around on a huge poop machine.


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

"Whatcha flapp'n about ov'r there?" the dwarf comments and then drains another whiskey.

He answers the bard's question. "Well, Reknar, you see Cailean's a good fella, he stands up fer good causes. He opposes tyranny and oppression on principle...now those are causes that are good. Iomedae supports good causes. You should consider putt'n that in song."

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen's ire rises, helped along by a good amount of the fire-water. "You wound me, sir! A knight's honor is paramount! I take offense to your words. My purpose is to serve others, the poor, the meek, my lord or lady. To lay down my life in such service should the need arise. Now speak your name, or cease prattling about things that you no nothing about!"

He slams his mailed fist on the table to emphasize his point, making all the drinks jump and getting the attention of those around.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Unnamed

Everyone sees Galen speaking to the skull in the jar...no one has heard anything.

The crowd in the meantime has taken up a chant of CALLYEN! CALLYEN!

The details don't seem to matter to the drunks.

religion 10:
Cayden is probably ok with it.


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2
Nic "One-Ear" Rockborn wrote:
He answers the bard's question. "Well, Reknar, you see Cailean's a good fella, he stands up fer good causes. He opposes tyranny and oppression on principle...now those are causes that are good. Iomedae supports good causes. You should consider putt'n that in song."

"Song?" - Reknar puzzles - "Not sure what you're going about, but I'm not much for singing" - he chuckles, taking another drink from his beer - "Seems like a veritable champion, that Cailean of yours" - he nods - "Seems it has worked out for him. don't think it does in most cases though..."

Galen Goodfellow wrote:

"You wound me, sir! A knight's honor is paramount! I take offense to your words. My purpose is to serve others, the poor, the meek, my lord or lady. To lay down my life in such service should the need arise. Now speak your name, or cease prattling about things that you no nothing about!"

He slams his mailed fist on the table to emphasize his point, making all the drinks jump and getting the attention of those around.

"Galen, what the HELL is going on man?!" - Reknar roars, catching his mug just as he was about to put it down on the table.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)
Reknar wrote:
Nic "One-Ear" Rockborn wrote:
He answers the bard's question. "Well, Reknar, you see Cailean's a good fella, he stands up fer good causes. He opposes tyranny and oppression on principle...now those are causes that are good. Iomedae supports good causes. You should consider putt'n that in song."

"Song?" - Reknar puzzles - "Not sure what you're going about, but I'm not much for singing" - he chuckles, taking another drink from his beer - "Seems like a veritable champion, that Cailean of yours" - he nods - "Seems it has worked out for him. don't think it does in most cases though..."

Nic's face scrunches up in a confused manner. "Huh? You don't sing? Hmmm...thought that's what you song writer's do....write, sing, and tell guud tales." The mailed fist interrupts the cleric.

He looks at the knight staring the skull down. "Sir Galen jus' serve 'im a drink." He chuckles and leans over towards Reknar, "He clearly can't hold his whiskey."


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

the dwarf joins the bar crowd and eggs them along, "CAYDEN...CAYDEN."


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2
Nic "One-Ear" Rockborn wrote:
Nic's face scrunches up in a confused manner. "Huh? You don't sing? Hmmm...thought that's what you song writer's do....write, sing, and tell guud tales." The mailed fist interrupts the cleric.

"Song writer..? What the heck gave you the idea I am a song writer?" - Reknar puzzles even further at Nic's words, as the slammed fist comes in.

Nic "One-Ear" Rockborn wrote:
He looks at the knight staring the skull down. "Sir Galen jus' serve 'im a drink." He chuckles and leans over towards Reknar, "He clearly can't hold his whiskey."

Reknar laughs at the roar in the tavern - "Might be he is not the only one" - then takes another drink from his beer.


Unnamed

A few people start to take up the Cayden chant, this makes the Callyen chants even louder.

Wanna egg it on further or let it go?


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

The dwarf stands up and belches out loud, "Bless the drunks." He then starts to sing in a hoarse cracked voice, "If I only had another drink....I'd be a 'appy. We drink, we drink, and we're merry."

perform, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The dwarf croaks.

He's trying to get someone else to buy him another drink.


Unnamed

Make me a CHA check Nic


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)
MiniGM wrote:
Make me a CHA check Nic

That was my charisma check. I'm not trained in performance, so I rolled d20 plus my CHA

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

"That thing," Galen says, pointing his mug at the skull-jar. "It keeps talking to me. I don't think i like it too much." He's unsure if anyone can hear him over the raucous noise of the crowd, but as he downs another good bit of whiskey, he's not sure he cares.


Unnamed

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Nic does notice a dwarf off in the corner of the bar. Is that a wink?


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

Nic being a sly dog blinks back at the dwarf. Unfortunately, its with both eyes simultaneously and it looks like he's suffering from an axe to his forehead as his face scrunches up. He then slaps Galen on his back and walks towards the dwarf.


Unnamed

Nic arrives and sets down. The dwarf slides a tankard over


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2

As the religious fervor takes over, Reknar gets up and motions to leave.

Galen Goodfellow wrote:
"That thing," Galen says, pointing his mug at the skull-jar. "It keeps talking to me. I don't think i like it too much." He's unsure if anyone can hear him over the raucous noise of the crowd, but as he downs another good bit of whiskey, he's not sure he cares.

The half-orc stares at the knight for a few seconds - "Ok then" - he adds, then turns to Nic just before he leaves the table - "Nic, mind if I hold on to the 'head in a jar'?"

If Nic agrees, Reknar puts the item in his backpack, pays his tab, and moves outside.


Unnamed

Reknar stuffs the jar in the backpack.

The room gets rowdier and rowdier, and people get drunker and drunker. Eventually a man gets up and starts proclaiming the works of Callyen, some people start listening and shouting out afirmations.

we an RP the tavern night as long as you would like. OR we can do a fast forward to meeting with the benefactor tomorrow

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

With the strange jar gone, Galen finds the drink has made him sleeper than he expected. It's not long before he wishes his companions well and heads off for a night's rest.

I am ready to move along

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 3-- HP- 15/15 (sub) 14/15 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +6 Will +3

Having spent some time away from the table, no doubt getting shot down by anything pretty. Thorin finally came to the cable and shook his head.

"I'll see you folk here in the morning, today's been a bit wild for my usual days, sleep well!"

I'm good for speaking with the lady in the morning.


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

After working the crowd a bit longer and partaking in a few more whiskeys, Nic will make his way to his room. He smiles, Everyone needs a bit of gospel. He waves to the room of drunks as he leaves.

Ready to move on.


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2

Reknar moves away from the rowdy place, and decides to take a small tour of the surrounding area, trying to get a feeling for the place, before getting back to the tavern, and hitting the sack.

Is this like a small or large town? Are there any prevalent business types? Is it close to any body of water, etc? Stuff like that.

Apart from that, guess I am also ready to go.


Unnamed

Land locked town. There is a decently sized lake nearby. I would call it a very large town, not quite a small city. Mostly working class folks. Kind of like Sandpoint in size if you are familiar with that. The town is a good midpoint between lots of places so the main business is trade.

The next day you all arrive at an office for Delilah's Imports. You all gather outside.

Chance for rp if desired


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2

Reknar feels fresh and recovered after a good night's rest - Stopped drinking just at the right time... - he pondered to himself, looking around at the team - "How is everyone?" - he chuckles - "Last night got kinda... Messy, huh?"


Female Human Cleric of Desna 3 | HP 14/14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | AC/T/FF17 12 15 | Saves +2 +3 +7 | Common, Elven, Celestial, Orc | Starknife +5 (1d4+3/x3)
Uses:
Channel energy 8/8. Bit of Luck 7/7. Agile feet 7/7.

sorry for the silence. I was not ready for finals

You could put it that way, Alex says. Would it be expected of Alex to have bought her own room? I've never played a female character so I'm not sure how this works.


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

The dwarf wakes up form a hard night's sleep. "'aven't been in soft bed in a while." He twists and his back cracks. He pulls out a cigar stub and shoves it into between his teeth. Clapping his hands loudly, "Ready fer some ham, bacon, eggs, and mornin' pick me up."

"Th't was fun last night, guud group in the tavern. Real religious, kept to their prayers."

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen holds his aching head, the result of too much drink from the day before. He still isn't quite sure if dreamt the skull-voice of if it really happened. Either way, he tries to stay away from the bright light of the morning, and the noise of the group as they get ready to meet the merchant lady who invited them earlier.


Unnamed

galen:
. psst. There you are! What's doin?

Doesn't really matter alex up to you

Sovereign Court

Male Human rogue 3-- HP- 15/15 (sub) 14/15 AC 15 T- 13 FF-12 Fort +0 Ref +6 Will +3

While he flopped into his rented bed alone, the fact he had made a fool of himself with any ladies the night before and overabundance of libations, the young merchant awoke refreshed, chipper, and far to awake and excitible in the morning no doubt aided by dreams of candies dancing about in his head.

"Messy? Nah felt like a standard night. Maybe a bit rowdier than normal thanks to the religious uh..nature of the congregation. ANy bets what that merchant lady wants? I hope its more of a reward, instead of a plain ol' cart i would love to get an actual mobile kitchen to make my confections"


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2

"Didn't even know that existed Thorin" - Reknar chuckled - "As for the task, I am hoping she heard we did well, and will want to hire us for a job" - he shrugs - "Shall we go in?"

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen tries to steadfastly ignore the voice, and nods as vigorously as his hangover allows as Reknar suggests entering the merchant's office.


Unnamed

Everyone enters, and they are greeted, and led to a sitting room, where tea is being served by a manservant.

The woman who purchased your drinks last night enters after a few

Thank you all for coming. I just wanted to personally thank you for finding my missing cargo. It would have put me in great danger of having to close up shop.

pause for reply


Unnamed

Galen:
pssst. pssssst. Sir Prude! Don't ignore me! You definitely want to know what I know!


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

"Thanks fer the whiskey," he sniffs the tea and wrinkles his nose before putting it down undrunk. "That," he smiles briefly, was a guud drink." He twists a few more times cracking his back. "Dang bed was too soft."

Silver Crusade

M | HP 19/23| AC: 22/13/19| Fort: +6; Reflex: +3; Will: +3| Init: +3| Perception: +7| 2 Cavalier

Galen shakes his head to try to clear the voice but despite his best efforts, his curiousity is piqued. Trying to pay attention to the woman, he stammers a bit too loudly, "Yes, uh, sure, we are happy to help! Always! Glad we could do it!"


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP 25/36| 19 (21 with shield raised) | Fort: +9; Ref: +7; Will: +5 | Per +7 | Spd 25 ft. |Hero Points: 2

"Well met. I am Reknar, You are Delilah, yes?" - the half-orc nods - "I make mine the words of my companions - glad to have been of assistance and yeah, thank you for the drinks yesterday" - he smiles.


M Dwarf 3 Cleric, HP 29/29, AC 18 T 11, FF 17, Int 1, P 6, F 5 R 2 W 8, CMB 5 CMD 16 (20)

"So, we do appreciate the drink but we really need to look fer a bit more work." He pauses. "You know anyone who needs some investigat'n?" He cuts to the chase.

701 to 750 of 1,622 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / MiniGM's Un-named, Un-recruited Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.