Midgard Homebrew: Power of Freedom (Inactive)

Game Master Nightskies

The Free City of Salzbach is under siege.


101 to 150 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Female Elf Illusionist

She stifles a laugh as O'Mighty falls off his chair and begins shouting, seeing both Kelvanthus and Khita immediately get defensive. Tessara stands behind Kelvanthus, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Settle down, you lot. Kelvanthus you are not helping by getting so agitated. I assume Dareroth simply meant to show us some of his skill - magic is not so easily appreciated as a burly dwarf with well built arms and armor. O'Mighty, you are only showing weakness right now; if it's so easy for an enemy to get you riled up you will fall swiftly to the right opponent. I advise you sit back down... On a different chair of course."

Once the tension dies down a bit, Tessara smiles charmingly at those around her. "And do not forgot, all of you, that we still have not completed scouring the city for other potential champions. We can send word to those we have hand-selected once we have seen them all, and then have this test of skill that our elfmarked friend spoke of."


Hadrian waits...


At the manor.

The abomination surges, and moves into the light toward Ariso. Rather than a single creature, a trio of rats emerge, screaming in their small voices with extreme aggression. Each the size of a small cat, their claws scrape on the stone floor as they approach. Ariso fires his crossbow upon the center one of the three.

Readied Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 _/ 1d8 ⇒ 8

The bolt thuds solidly into the rat's torso, sending the rat into a tumble behind the other two. Even as the other two reach Ariso, the injured rat twists back to its feet. That shot should have killed a normal rat. Bolt protruding from it, it hoarsely screams and finishes closing the distance to Ariso. Hadrian sees one remain in the shadows, but it slips into hiding.

Hadrian is now first in initiative, followed by Ariso, then the creatures.

Tactical Map, Round 2

___________

Dareroth remains relaxed in his chair, making a small dismissive wave. The grease on the chair vanishes. "I consent to having taken advantage of O'mighty, with the intent to show the truth of my claims. I chose to do so because you are such a powerful warrior by my estimation. Please, sir, your chair is fit to sit upon once again. I expect we could be friends given a common cause."

O'mighty suspiciously eyes Dareroth as he takes his seat, now as guarded toward Dareroth as Khita. He draws the axe off the table, holding upright at his side, and looks to Khita. "Yes, they don't need ANY more strife! You don't need a STRONG fighter, that's fine! I came to get a taste of the SALZBACH beer, FRESH from the brewery! It may not SEEM it now, BUT if you want to WIN, you best give ME your test!"

O'mighty's shouts are no longer in anger. He just speaks very loudly.

Dareroth speaks to Tessara. "If you learn who the opposing champion will be, I will offer advice as to defeating them at the mere cost of allowing me a chance to earn the role as your champion."


Hadrian bursts into motion in a low crouch, coming to position next to the line of rats that had attacked his partner.

"Get behind me. Keep firing."

Move to Y2

Greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11


Assuming these creatures are Tiny, which means they can't attack adjacent squares and thus can't threaten them, Ariso dodges back from the disgusting little creatures to Y3, then, holding his holy symbol, he touches it to Hadrian's shoulder, invoking the Luck of Loki.

Hadrian, next turn you can roll a d20 roll of your choice twice, taking the better result.


They are indeed tiny. I made an error, they moved a bit further than they should have. The longer move works in favor of both sides, so I will let the first move remain as is but know that they move 15'.

Hadrian's downward swing scrapes upon the rat, taking a long cut of flesh from the back but does not kill it. A moment after Ariso moves behind Hadrian, the three rats suddenly writhe. Rolling and twisting, the rats bulge and suddenly split apart into multiple rats. Where there were three, now are twelve. Of the same size as the first three, the small swarm moves to attack Hadrian. Three snap at him, but his nimble footwork keeps him from being bitten. As others swarm past him to Ariso, he sweeps his greatsword at two of them.

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 _/ 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13
Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 _/ 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

One strikes with bone-cracking force, but the injured rat presses on after the blow. From the hall where they first came, the screeching of a few more rats is heard.

Round 3 tactical map.


Male Half-Elven Ranger-Falconer/Trapper 2

Well gentleman, it has been interesting, and I have learned a good deal of both of you. If my compatriots have no more questions, I believe we should meet with the others to discuss our options. O'mighty, Dareroth, we will contact you within a day regarding a test. Have a few drinks on me, and get to know each other. We may have need for you both.

With that Kelvanthus will stand, place a gold on the table, and assuming the others follow move to leave.


"Move toward the steps! Throw this!"

They should have a reach of 0, which means no movement-provoked AoOs for them. I'm moving to X6 while changing weapons with one hand and drawing a flask from my belt with the other.

"See those other two flasks on my hip? Throw them!"

Alchemist Fire, aiming for square Y3 (after Ariso leaves it): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

I have two flasks of oil on my belt also, for Ariso to add to the fun with.

I am now armed with the Ransuer instead of the Greatsword and ready to play Whack-A-Mole.


Hmm. I don't like that roll. Let's try again.

Loki Reroll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Woo!

Can you crit with a splash weapon?


When Kelvanthus, Tessara and Khita leave, O'mighty offers a fare-well. You spend three more hours searching for another potential champion among the refugees. None other with magic arms or armor are found in that time. You've done a once-over on the city, having visited every likely location and doing a lot of legwork already. You must choose to seek the druids or hurry to meet the others at the manor. It is now just past noon.


Female HP: xx/xx; AC:xx (xx), T:xx, FFxx (xx);; FORT +x, REF +x, WILL +x; INIT +x; PER: +x; CMB: xx; CMD +1x Skysoul Witch 1

Looks like we're going to the Manor


Ariso quickly follows Hadrian's retreat going to X7, and, in one motion, whips a flask from Hadrian's belt and hurls it at the flaming rats.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

1d100 ⇒ 20

Zonino!


The double-burst of fire sends a wave of shrieks in the swarming rats, particularly dousing one in in hot fire. It tumbles and screams, its voice cut short by death. Most of the others move now with greater speed, their singed bodies charging in close.
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Stabbing at one as it approaches, it scrapes along its ribcage. It tries to finish closing to Ariso, but comes up short.

Seven of the rats bite at you, but only one gets its teeth upon Ariso, gnawing with all the strength it can muster. As it chews, you feel its tongue try to lick out your blood through your wound. 1 nonlethal damage.

Round 4 tactical

____

Update for group 2 in the morning.


Kelvanthus, Khita, and Tessara encounter no trouble leaving the city. At this time, you are on approach to the manor, and should get there in minutes. Nothing is amiss, aside from the many civilians heading to join the ranks of refugees at Salzbach. You will arrive in 10 minutes, and are now heading off the main road onto a path.

___

Ellismus, you now hear shouts from the manor, though faint to your hearing. You are about 270 feet from the entrance, and can only just see the manor itself through the trees.


Ariso drops his crossbow, whipping his spear out. He carefully retreats behind Hadrian, and with a flash of silver reaches out with his holy symbol to touch Hadrian again, invoking Loki's luck once again.

Move action to draw, 5' step to W6, move action to bestow luck. Ready for an AoO...


What does the statue look like? How sturdy is it?

"Resilient little bastards." Hadrian curses as they continue to swarm. Quick-stepping nearer to the statue in the center of the room, he sweeps his polearm through the mass.

Move to 4X, attacking the ones who were just swarming me.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

4 AoOs ready to go...


Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Bonus Damage: 4d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 3) + 8 = 21


I hope it's dead after that! Nice work. You still have a reroll in hand for a missed AoO too :)


You readily recognize the statue depicting the popularly beloved goddess of the sun, Lada. It does not look particularly sturdy, for a statue.

Hadrian skewers a rat through, and it hardly protests when he flings the weapon around to hurl the creature from the ransuer. It flops to the ground, dead.

I'll presume Ariso wants to follow Hadrian. The move action instead of 5' step is completely legal and doesn't provoke.

The swarm follows, and both thrust their weapons.
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 2
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Hadrian's Reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (Technically its not Hadrian's next turn, but close enough)
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Hadrain stabs at two more, solidly injuring both. Clamoring to get a bite, more rats move in from the hall. Three gnaw on Ariso, and two hit Hadrian. 3 nonlethal damage to Ariso, 2 nonlethal to Hadrian.

Round 5 tactical

Know that healing is doubly effective against nonlethal damage.


I'm quite happy to go with the big H, but I did use two move actions and a 5' step on my turn (drawing spear, bit of luck). For the sake of not drawing the map again, I'm happy to leave it if you are :)

Also, on bit of luck it says "for the next turn", not "for the target's next turn"... I read it as lasting for a full turn from my action. Your call though.


    Female Fetchling Synthesist Shadow Caller 2
HP 18/18 {effects: none} | AC 14 (T12 FF12) | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +2 | darkvision 60', low-light vision, perception +6
Dailies:
Shadow Summoning 6/6; disguise self 1/1
Spells:
1st: 3/3

On the way to the manor.

D'endrrah's ears perk up as she hears the shouting. "Something happens somewhere by our destination, my Lord," she says placing a hand on Ellismus' shoulder.


Male Half-orc archaeologist 1 | HP 11/11 {effects: none} | AC 18 Tch 15 FF 13 | F +4, R +7, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +6, darkvision, low-light vision
Dailies:

On the way to the manor.

Ellismus is shaken from his reverie, and covering D'endrrah's hand with his own as he smiles at her. "Pardon me, my dear. I hear it now. Let us go and investigate."

The pair of them begin to move faster towards the commotion.


"Loki curse you, Hell-spawned vermin!"" Ariso hisses, his eyes narrowed as he dances to avoid the strangely resilient creatures' filthy teeth. "Keep up the smiting, brave knight - it's not my forté!" Touching Hadrian's shoulder to give him my third use of bit of luck, 5' step to Z3'.

As if to demonstrate the point, he stabs out at the wounded creature at his feet (the most wounded one).
Short spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Yeah. Cool. Proved that point, huh?


Hadrian grunts and does as he's told.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Let's use that Bit of Luck

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

Then moves back to clear the swarm and wait for them to come again.


Attacks:
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Hadrian's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Reroll attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ariso's attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 6

Things are looking bad for the two. Hadrian's attacks kill two of the wounded rats, and kills one more, while Ariso ineffectively clacks the floor with the tip of his spear, attempting to skewer them. Five of the nineteen rats dead. Despite dodging well at first, now the two take more bites over the next moments. Hadrian: 6 nonlethal, Ariso: 5 nonlethal.

Ellismus comes to 90 feet of the door. You can see the scuffle of movement inside as Ariso and Hadrian shuffle in combat. One of the small creatures linger at the door, unaware of your approach. At first, it seemed one of a swarm of cats- but now, you can surely see the difference. Two individuals are being attacked by large rats just inside the manor's entry hall. There is now nothing between you and the door.

Round 7 Tactical


As the fiends tear into his flesh, Ariso snarls and hisses like a wildcat. As he begins to stagger, he grips his holy symbol once more. "Lord Trickster, help me see the funny side of,this!" he snarls.

Switch out summon monster for cure light wounds on myself.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

A slightly mad grin appears on Ariso's face as the power of Loki rushes through him, closing some of his wounds. He turns to Hadrian, a soft giggling bubbling from his lips, and brushes his shoulder once more before skipping away again. "Let's get some fresh air!"

Bit of luck on Hadrian again, 5' step to Z3


"Good idea."

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

move to the doorway


You have a reroll for that attack, don't forget.


Male Half-orc archaeologist 1 | HP 11/11 {effects: none} | AC 18 Tch 15 FF 13 | F +4, R +7, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +6, darkvision, low-light vision
Dailies:

"It seems my recent companions have found themselves in a bit of trouble. Perhaps we should lend a hand," Ellismus says with a sidelong glance to D'endrrah. He then moves towards the battle and pulls out his crossbow.

Move action: move 30' towards battle.
Standard action: pull out light crossbow.

-------------------
Next round Ellismus loads the crossbow and fires it at the nearby rat.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


    Female Fetchling Synthesist Shadow Caller 2
HP 18/18 {effects: none} | AC 14 (T12 FF12) | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +2 | darkvision 60', low-light vision, perception +6
Dailies:
Shadow Summoning 6/6; disguise self 1/1
Spells:
1st: 3/3

D'endrrah smiles, "At last! This place was boring me." She then moves rapidly towards the action.

Move and standard action: move 60' towards combat.

-------------------
Next round D'endrrah moves adjacent to the closest rat (charge if necessary)

D'endrrah moves closer to the rat and slashes at it with her claw.

Power Attack (Claw): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10


Combat rolls:

Round 7 wrote:

Hadrian's reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 6
Ariso's Threat: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 3
2 bleed out. 1 killed by Hadrian.
damage: 3 ariso, 2 hadrian
Round 8 wrote:

Hadrian's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Ariso's attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 2
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
Hadrian's Reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 3
D'endrrah's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1 bleed out. 1 killed by Hadrian.
damage: 1 ariso, 1 hadrian, 1 D'endrrah
Round 9 wrote:

Hadrian's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

Ariso's attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 3
D'endrrah's Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 _/ 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Ellismus' Acid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 _/ 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 2
D'endrrah's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1 bleeds out.
Damage: 1 ariso, 1 d'endrrah
Round 10 wrote:

Hadrian's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

Ariso's attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 6
D'endrrah's Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 _/ 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Ellismus' Acid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 _/ 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
Hadrian's Threat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 4
D'endrrah's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 _/ 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
2 bleed out. 1 killed by Ellismus, 1 by D'endrrah.
damage: 2 ariso, 1 hadrian, 1 d'endrrah
Round 11 wrote:

Hadrian's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Ariso's attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 5
D'endrrah's Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 _/ 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
D'endrrah's Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 _/ 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Ellismus' Acid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 _/ 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Hadrian's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 _/ 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Ariso's AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 _/ 1d6 ⇒ 5
1 killed by Hadrian, 1 by D'endrrah, 1 by Ariso.
damage: 1 ariso

The rats continue fighting even after Ellismus and his D'endrrah arrive and the fight moves outside. Relentless, almost half keep fighting until their bodies fail themselves, dying one by one. Some die more quickly to greater injuries-- crushed heads, severed limbs, burned into their chest cavity by acid, and more. They refuse to give up until their bodies can move no more. Finally, only one uninjured one remains after a little more than a minute of fighting, having gotten a final gnawing bite on Ariso.

Total non-lethal damage: 8 Ariso, 4 Hadrian, 3 D'endrrah.

Even as you prepare to crush the final rat, it suddenly convulses and emits a cracking sound from within it. Rolling on its side, it lets makes a pained sigh and dies, without having been touched.

Standing just off your side now, D'endrrah is bloodied by hand and mouth, clearly having torn rat flesh with claw and tooth. You feel a little sickened, looking at her. Gore clings to her, and the foul stench of the corpses overwhelms the natural scents around the manor.

From here, no other immediate threats seen for now.

Ellismus:
At first, these creatures look to be nothing but a ravenous small horde of rats. But after reflecting upon it, and seeing the last rat die on its own, you recognize this creature from your studies. It is a dopplerat. They are a scourge to cities when they appear. Usually they do so in places near the Wasted West, though Salzbach rarely sees them. Compared to ordinary rats, dopplerats are by far the worse, bearing a frightening disease transmitted by its bite known to be fatal to some in days. They are easy to scare, and when startled, will multiply itself with startling speed. These disease-bearing clones attack with extreme aggression and fearlessness, but die on their own after only about a minute while the original rat escapes.

You'll have a few minutes before the others arrive.


"Well. That was unpleasant. Thanks for the-" the words die in his mouth as he sees D'endrrah.

He stares quietly, carefully looking between the two, noting the glowing runic marking they both shared. Then says "You have a little something on your face there."


    Female Fetchling Synthesist Shadow Caller 2
HP 18/18 {effects: none} | AC 14 (T12 FF12) | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +2 | darkvision 60', low-light vision, perception +6
Dailies:
Shadow Summoning 6/6; disguise self 1/1
Spells:
1st: 3/3

D'endrrah smiles and licks her lips and hands with a long black tongue. After her preening she seems almost like a normal woman. Her current beauty marred in your minds from your memories of her hunched over in the combat, jaws wide, and some secondary internal mouth (a la Alien) shooting out and through one of the rats, a chunk of flesh returning into her mouth.

"That was fun!" she says smiling at Ellismus.


Male Half-orc archaeologist 1 | HP 11/11 {effects: none} | AC 18 Tch 15 FF 13 | F +4, R +7, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +6, darkvision, low-light vision
Dailies:

"Of course, my dear," Ellismus responds with a smile, licking his thumb and wiping a bit of blood that her tongue couldn't reach. "There. That's better," he finishes cupping her chin as she sucked the blood off his thumb and smiled at him.

Turning to Hadrien, he replies, "Indeed. This is my companion D'endrrah. This," he says, indicating the runes, "merely shows our connection."

EDIT to add bit about dopplerats

Ellismus then looks down at the creatures corpses in thought. "These are not your typical rat, it seems," he begins, prodding one with his foot. "I believe it's known as a 'dopplerat'. I'm a little surprised to see some here as they are not all that common to Salzbach. Still, if you've been bitten by one you may want to visit a healer, on the chance you have acquired a rather deadly disease they transmit."

He looks around at the numbers of dopplerats. "I presume you startled one and it became many. It has the ability to multiply itself to allow it an opportunity to escape. I don't suppose the original is somewhere among these?"


Hadrian was certainly disturbed by Elisimus' 'companion' but he pushed it aside. The Shadow Lady had many strange visitors when he was growing up and he had learned early not to judge someone by their appearances.

"How would we tell?" he asked.


Ellismus: You do not know.


We can presume that the few minutes pass, and the others arrive. Ariso's reaction to D'endrrah would still be in order.

The spread of gored rats go from the statue of Lada inside to ten feet out the front door. It is only when you come to within 200 feet that you realize it is Ariso, Hadrian, and Ellismus in the company of a woman clad in tight black leather.


Male Half-Elven Ranger-Falconer/Trapper 2

Kelvanthus approaches the others warily, his keen gaze upon the newcome and the gore. His buckler and bow are at the ready, an arrow nocked. Upon his shoulder Velana stirs, perking up at the scent.of blood and ready to hunt.

Well met again everyone, and to you serrah. It would seem the manor is not safe anymore. What happened here? Is everyone ok, and are there others still inside?

Kelvanthus looks everyone over, especially the woman, and turns his haze to the manor, looking for any new threats.


Ariso stares at the leather-clad woman, his eyes tracing the outline of her figure, caught somewhere between attraction and repellence. He recovers quickly, assuming his customary wry half-smile. "Perfect timing, my dear," he remarks.


Female HP: xx/xx; AC:xx (xx), T:xx, FFxx (xx);; FORT +x, REF +x, WILL +x; INIT +x; PER: +x; CMB: xx; CMD +1x Skysoul Witch 1

Enjoying yourselves, boys? Khita pulls her greatsword clear and shrugs her mantle aside to free her soul bastion, her fingers clasping and unclasping in anticipation.

She gives a curt nod and smile to the leatherclad woman.

Well met. I'm Khita

She moves close to the door, takes in the full magnificence of the carnage and appraises her companions anew.


Female Elf Illusionist

Tessara stops in the doorway behind Khita and Kelvanthus, and looks warily into the manor before proceeding. She gives a nod to the strange woman with the glowing light but says nothing to her. I'm fairly certain the creature is bound to Ellismus, strange.

Noting that they are still standing in the entryway, she points out cheekily "We spent nearly a full day tracking down potential champions, and you've barely made it into the manor. Have you boys been lolly-gagging?"


"Just engaging in some amateur pest control. It was a lot harder than it should have been." Hadrian says with a scowl. "When the bards tell the tales of our exploits, this part is getting left out."

Taking a few moments to clean his weapon and check himself over, he took care to wash his wounds. "Filthy things. Hope I don't catch sick."

"I think we should look over the whole house. We barely got inside before we were interrupted."


Like some healing Hadrian? What's your health status at the moment?


Much obliged. I'm down 4 non-lethal


Male Half-orc archaeologist 1 | HP 11/11 {effects: none} | AC 18 Tch 15 FF 13 | F +4, R +7, W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +6, darkvision, low-light vision
Dailies:

"I'm afraid I have no way of knowing whether the original dopplerat was present. Hopefully it is dead. These things are a scourge with their ability to multiply and deadly disease. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if anyone was affected."

"For those just arriving, this is my companion, D'endrrah."

"Agreed. Now that we are together, perhaps we can see whether there are more of these creatures, or worse, inside."


    Female Fetchling Synthesist Shadow Caller 2
HP 18/18 {effects: none} | AC 14 (T12 FF12) | F+1 R+2 W+4 | Init +2 | darkvision 60', low-light vision, perception +6
Dailies:
Shadow Summoning 6/6; disguise self 1/1
Spells:
1st: 3/3

D'endrrah smiles at the other arriving memebers of the party and makes a little bow at her introduction. Turning to Ellismus, she squeezes his arm, "Ohh, I hope there's worse."


Male Half-Elven Ranger-Falconer/Trapper 2

Let us proceed, with stealth if possible. Hadrian, do you mind leading? I I will cover you with my bow and Velana.

Kelvanthus moves into the manor, waiting for the others. His eyes are constantly searching, and he moves as quietly as possible.

Should I roll my stealth? I am actively percieving, as is Velana.

101 to 150 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Midgard Homebrew: Power of Freedom Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.