Lost Lands Campaign

Game Master brvheart

This will be a sandbox campaign in the Frog God Games Lost Land Setting.


6,251 to 6,300 of 6,401 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

"You heard the big man - let's get this finished" - Grenz nods to the dwarves around him, and smiles at the barbarian woman.

Starting Inspire Courage. Bonus is +2


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Dalgrym charges in and slams his hammer onto one of the gnolls.

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, inspired, charge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 33
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Two flinds attack Dalgrym
flindbar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
flindbar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

While the leader attacks Wulgar
flindbar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
flindbar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Ulfgard then top of round.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

I will post for Ulfgard’s attack shortly when I can check positioning on the map.

EDIT

Ulfgard pushes into the room and attacks the first flind he comes to.

Waraxe: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13


Male Halfling Sorcerer 6| AC 19 T 15 FF 12 | HP 37/37 | F +6 R +7 W +8; +2 vs. Fear| Init +3 | Perc +3

Tobold moves forward to where he can see into the room and casts grease into the room causing two of the flinds footing to become treacherous. DC 14 save


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Bwa ha ha! You are hitink almost as good as dead gnoll, now Wulfgarrr be hittink you, dah" He then spits blood between the gap in his front teeth he steps forward avoiding the grease and lifting his hammer swings it at the Flinds head.

5 ft step, Attack: + 1 maul, PA, FF, IC
attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28 for damage: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 20


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:
Roylenna Flamefoot wrote:

The tiny healer casts a spell, causing a glowing staff similar to her own to appear and attack the first flind.

6 rounds, 1 attack/round, +6 to hit, 1d8 + 2 damage

Round 3 of 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Roylenna keeps an eye on her allies and their health. Her spiritual weapon attacks the same flind as last round, but she otherwise delays.

Who's hurt? I'm not sure they are hitting.


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

they did not hit Dalgrym


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Dalgrym lays about gleefully with shield and sword. "Ha ha! Ye'll have t' try harder than that!"

+1 cold iron short sword, attack, inspired, twf: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 19
cold iron, magic, slashing: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, inspired: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, inspired: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 - 5 = 21
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ulfgar and Dalgrym also make reflex saves per house rules ion AOE spells.

Grenz is up


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50
Roylenna Flamefoot wrote:
Who's hurt? I'm not sure they are hitting.

Wulfgar is injured, but we can sort it out after combat.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

If you are hurt more than five, heal five on my turn. I just need to know to take your damage.


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.
house rules wrote:
The action of combat is considered a dance, therefore when an area of affect spell affects enemies that are in melee combat with adjacent characters they are considered to be in the area of affect.

sure enough, there it is

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Grenz


Brvheart, would it be possible to let us know when the attacks hit, etc? That would be cool to know, and gives a feeling our actions are being acknowledged ;)

"Surrender! And you may yet live!" - Grenz urges the gnolls, then steps to the side to allow clear line of sight for Tobold.

Keeping up Inspire Courage +2. Ready action in case an enemy comes close.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Uthala moves into the room and attacks a gnoll

greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The leader attacks Wulgar from prone
flindbar: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 4 = 26 damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
flindbar: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 4 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Two flinds attack Dalgrym
flindbar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
flindbar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Ulfgard


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

They have an AC of 20, the leader 23, but will do so in the future


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:
Roylenna Flamefoot wrote:

The tiny healer casts a spell, causing a glowing staff similar to her own to appear and attack the first flind.

6 rounds, 1 attack/round, +6 to hit, 1d8 + 2 damage

Round 4 of 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Roylenna keeps an eye on her allies and their health. Her spiritual weapon attacks the same flind as last round, but she otherwise delays.

Wulfgar gets another 5 healing from life link. Who else is down at least five?

Oops, meant to not Ulfgard first. Be right back with that.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Ulfgard continues to attack the target from last round, this time bringing his shield to bear.

Waraxe: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13

Spiked shield: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round Three
Wulgar
Grenz
Uthala
Royleena
Tolbold
Dalgrym
flinds
Ulfgard


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Attempting to move toward the rear of the gnoll, Wulfgar moves further north, swinging his hammer at the gnolls tail.

hoping to provide a flank for someone, 5 ft step, Attack: + 1 maul, PA, FF
attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 for damage: 2d6 + 7 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 + 6 + 1 = 21


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Missed Ulfgar's Reflex save vs. friendly grease fire, um, spell

Reflex save vs spell: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Whew!

And I see I jumped the gun - my post from last night is for the round we are now in. Sorry about that.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Wulgar hits, Roylenna misses


Grenz swivels around Ulfgar, to a flanking position with Wulfgar.

Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

"Very well then, do not surrender"

Rapier: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Moving toward where the fallen gnoll is.


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

you said the leader had AC23. Is one of these the leader? They all have the same image


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Dalgrym steps into a flanking position and lays about with shield and blade. attacking the flanked one but will switch if it goes down

+1 cold iron short sword, attack, inspired, flanking, twf, 1 stamina: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 20
cold iron, magic, slashing: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, inspired, flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 30
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, inspired, flanking, 3 stamina: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 5 + 3 = 20
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

GM, please let me know if the third attack had a valid target; if not then I will get the 3 stamina back


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Grenz hits, Dalgrym hits three times.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Uthala moves 5' and attacks the prone gnoll
greataxe: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 4 = 35 damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Tolbold


Male Halfling Sorcerer 6| AC 19 T 15 FF 12 | HP 37/37 | F +6 R +7 W +8; +2 vs. Fear| Init +3 | Perc +3

Seeing the grease impair his comrades Tobold dismisses the grease. He then fires a ray of acid at the creature in the doorway.

Acid Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Dismissing the spell is a standard action. The gnolls surrender
xp=667 each


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

took 10 points damage, used 5 points from Roylenna for a loss of 5

Seeing the gnolls drop their weapons and throw up their paws, confused, Wulfgar looks from the gnoll he had slipped behind towards the others, "gnolls surrenderink?" Kicking the weapons out of easy reach. Shrugging, "ComRades, we should be tellink them to be gettink all Gnolls out of temple."

Wulfgar has no knowledge checks, do these things speak common? If I remember the earlier 'prisoner' did not.'


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Wulfgar will regain the other five points after the next round's worth of time.

Is there information we might gain from them? I'm lost as to the purpose of our presence here at this point. And maybe we can leave it to them to take the gnoll babies and hyenas/hyenadons with them if we can convince them to leave.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

we are here at the temple to receive a blessing from it for the scepter. we need to find what's left of the temple priesthood, I think most of them were hanging dead outside when we got here. Or we need to find a way to receive the blessing of the god of this temple without them.

Happy to let them take everyone and leave, of course they killed everyone and will just come back.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 31/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

I'm unconcerned with whether they live or die. It was just a thought since we had debated the eventual fate of the gnoll babies.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

I agree, I don't care if they live or die either, I think wulfgar would rather see them leave the temple. I'm good with treating with them for the removal of all gnolls and no return. But does anyone speak gnoll?


"Agreed, let them be on their way out of here, taking the young ones and the hyenas..." - Grenz points out.

I have Comprehend Languages, but it does not allow me to speak Gnoll...

Disarm them and then try try to communicate as best as possible?

Linguistics?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You are skilled at working with language, in both its spoken and written forms. You can speak multiple languages, and can decipher nearly any tongue given enough time. Your skill in writing allows you to create and detect forgeries as well.

You can decipher writing in an unfamiliar language or a message written in an incomplete or archaic form. The base DC is 20 for the simplest messages, 25 for standard texts, and 30 or higher for intricate, exotic, or very old writing. If the check succeeds, you understand the general content of a piece of writing about one page long (or the equivalent). If the check fails, make a DC 5 Wisdom check to see if you avoid drawing a false conclusion about the text. (Success means that you do not draw a false conclusion; failure means that you do.)

Both the Linguistics check and (if necessary) the Wisdom check are made secretly by the GM, so that you can’t tell whether the conclusion you draw is true or false.

nor does linguistics


Male Halfling Sorcerer 6| AC 19 T 15 FF 12 | HP 37/37 | F +6 R +7 W +8; +2 vs. Fear| Init +3 | Perc +3

Tobold looks surprised when the gnolls surrender. "Maybe these ones are smarter than the others. Let's all try speaking to them in whatever languages we know and see if they respond. I'll go first."

Tobold then says "Can you understand common?" and repeats it for dwarven, goblin and halfling.

Edit: according to her sheet Uthala speaks gnoll


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Uthala will ask, "what you want say to them? I speek gnol"


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Nodding sagely, CoRade Uthala, be tellink them to be gatherink all Gnolls, gnolls pets and gnoll childrrrren and be leavink. If we are seeink gnolls still beink here, or if gnolls are comink back, we will be killink them."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

horse misses

Round Three


Run for your lives! The horse is here!!!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Sorry, posted in the wrong game on that one. Lol


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Uthala talks with the gnolls. You already know where the young are. They will gather them.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 48/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

please have them take all the pets with them too :)


Yes, hyenas OUT! :D

6,251 to 6,300 of 6,401 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Lands Campaign Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.