Lost Lands Campaign

Game Master brvheart

This will be a sandbox campaign in the Frog God Games Lost Land Setting.


6,151 to 6,200 of 6,312 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:
Wulfgar Ivarsson wrote:
Roylenna Flamefoot wrote:
It looks like we are starting a new round. Wulfgar, Ulfgard, Uthalaa, and Dalgrym all regain five hit points from Roylenna’s life link. That puts her at 15 of 46. Let me know if any of you didn’t need that healing.
Roylenna, Wulfgar was full on HP, would that save any of yours?

Yes, thank you. I will give her back five points


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Bot

Ulfgard stays with the plan even though Uthalaa didn’t. He remains ready to attack any gnolls that enter the room.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

And Uthala was only down 4


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The gnoll runs into the room, Dalgrym up


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Into 3-9, away from the party?

And thanks for the update re: Uthalaa.


"Hm, they are not completely dumb" - Grenz pipes in.


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Dalgrym double moves to the other side of the room that the gnoll is hiding in.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round six
Royweena -
Tolbold -
Ulfgard -
Wulfgar -
Grenz -
gnolls
Uthala
Dalgrym


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Roylenna's last round of healing was her turn for this round. Tobold is up. Dalgrym's a bit ahead of his time as his latest post should come after everyone else's turns.


Male Halfling Sorcerer 6| AC 19 T 15 FF 12 | HP 37/37 | F +6 R +7 W +8; +2 vs. Fear| Init +3 | Perc +3

With the gnoll moving out of sight Tolbold stands ready but doesn't do anything. "I'll let you bigger folk get into that room and finish this. If you need me shout."


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

"Bwa ha ha, nice hittink Uthala." Wulfgar smiles at Tobold as he hustles past, "Good thinkink comRade Tolbold if we are needink you we will be givink shout, dah."

double move into the room


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.
brvheart wrote:

The gnoll runs into the room, Dalgrym up

if I am ahead of my time them the GM was confused


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

The GM is trying to herd cats here. Confusion is to be expected.

Bot Ulfgard

Ulfgard considers his choices and his desire to crush the gnoll, but decides to hold his ground. "Deal with the dog. I will protect the mage."

Grenz.


Grenz moves ahead, and peeks at the tunnel, just in case.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The gnoll attacks Wulfgar

flindbar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The gnoll attacks Wulfgar

flindbar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Uthala moves in and attacks

greataxe: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
she misses


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Dalgrym up again.


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

Dalgrym steps into the room and assaults the gnoll.

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, twf: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

+1 cold iron short sword, attack, twf: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 2 = 23
cold iron, magic, slashing: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

+2 darkwood spiked shield, attack, twf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
magic, piercing: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You moved more than 5' so can only take one attack, but that puts the gnoll down.

xp=543 each


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Smiling a gap toothed smile, slapping Dalgrym on the back, "Bwa ha ha strikink well you are Dalgrrrrym." He then turns towards the Gnolls, "Let us be seeink if they have any rrrriches."

He then turns and inspects the bodies for anything of value.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

mwk flindbar (x2), lance, studded leather armor and a vial
gp: 2d10 ⇒ (6, 7) = 13


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

that was all three bodies?

He quickly looks around the room for anything else. Then asks, "Shall we be movink on?"

Waiting for everyone to gather, he listens carefully at the door across the hallway, then checking it for traps. if he finds no traps He then tries to open the door.

perception: listening at the door: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
perception: find traps: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

"Hold, my large friend. Let us make sure we are ready to encounter what lies within. How are you faring, my friends? Who requires healing?"

In other words, how much damage will I take from the still-injured when the battle ends?


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Hey Roylenna, we can use Wulfgar's wand to save spells.

pausing for a moment, Wulfgar shrugs, pulling out his wand. "ComRades, is anyone needink heelink?" He then uses the wand on himself then on anyone else who needs it.

if you need heeling go ahead and roll it, I will take it off of the total charges

heal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 good enough


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The door is locked, but you find no traps.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

As far as I can tell, everyone should be within 5 points of full, so I will take you up on the offer.

CLW Wand: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12

1 under full. Doesn't get much better than that. Thanks, Wulfgar!

The tiny shaman nods and accepts the big man's wand. Saying a brief prayer, she taps herself on the chest twice and marvels at how the bruises quickly fade. She hands the wand back to the cleric. "My thanks."


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

"Dah you are beink welcomed, Roylenna." accepting the wand from he halfling, he turns toward Grenz, gesturing toward the door. ComRade Grrrrenz would you be openink lock?"

door 3-8


"I can try" - Grenz nods and steps forward.

Disable Device take 10: 10 + 15 = 25

Grenz only unlocks the door, he does not open it - he leaves that for mighty Wulfgar :D


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

I'm not sure 'mighty' is the word, maybe 'to aggressive for his own good' is a better word, of course that's not one word. Maybe the acronym TAFHOG'

Remember Brv doesn't do 'take 10' so you will need to roll.


Completely forgot about that, as I forgot about the cover rules...: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Ah, same result :D

Which got me thinking - we really need an archer it seems, as we are all melee. Should I change character into a Zen Archer? Or a Bard Archer (last Bard I played was an archer though :P)


Male NG Dwarf Slayer 6 | HP 72 | AC 23 T 12 FF 21 | CMB +11, +13 trip, | CMD 23, +4 vs. bull rush, trip, while standing on the ground | F: +9, R: +8, W: +4; +5 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +3 vs. poisons | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +5, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | Studied Target | Active conditions: None.

I had Dalgrym at 59/72. Two rounds of life link would have got him up to 69/72, which is plenty.

do we need an archer with these cover rules? Is there a way to bypass the chance of hitting a friend? A ranger or Slayer might be best, to get improved precise shot at level 6. I love playing archers but I'm also enjoying Dalgrym

Dalgrym thanks Roylenna for all the healing and waits beside Wulfgar for the door to open.

please place him correctly on the map


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Roylenna will take another hit off the wand, then, please.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Maybe two.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Ready!


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

ninja'd by Roylenna, wand noted :)

Dalgrym is right, the cover rules make archers less advantageous. A character that is a switch hitter would give enough range when needed. Play Grenz the way you want. I didn't give Wulfgar ranged weapons because he's not good with them, but I will pick up a couple hammers and javelins, so he can at least participate in ranged. In the last combat he should have used his wand of summon monsters, in leu of a ranged attack, but I forgot about it.

edit: are we still using the 'mule' on roll20? Who is doing the 'loot list'?

edit #2 did anyone check the gnoll gear for magic?


Zen Archer also gets Improved Precise Shot at level 6 ;)

That would negate the risk of hitting an ally, right?

Dalgrym Oakenshield wrote:


do we need an archer with these cover rules? Is there a way to bypass the chance of hitting a friend? A ranger or Slayer might be best, to get improved precise shot at level 6. I love playing archers but I'm also enjoying Dalgrym

Not sure we NEED an Archer, but it would offer some nice advantages in combat. Like it was seen in this last fight :P

I just say Zen Archer because their survivability is through the roof.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

I wouldn't change your concept unless you want to. We just needed to play that scene smarter rather than letting them use the bottleneck against us.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

improved precise shot is one way. A seeking bow is another.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

did Grenz unlock the door? if so Wulfgar will open it

After Grenz unlocks the door, Wulfgar smiles a his gap toothed smile, hammer in one hand, he opens the door with the other and peaks inside.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

There are 12 hyenas crammed into this small room. Roll init Wulfar

init hyenas: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Surprised by a room full of hyenas, Wulfgar exclaims "ComRades, they are havink pets!"

Hoping I could beat their init. and just shut the door. Or do we want to take the time to fight them?

Brv, can someone roll init and shut the door? I did specify that he waited for folks to gather closer.


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

Even gathered closer, Roylenna isn’t in position to pull the door shut. Perhaps on of the dwarves?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I think only Dalgrym is in a position to do so, roll init Dalgrym


Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

I guess if I win init from the hyenas, I can move ahead and close the door?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

yes


Then I will do it.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50
Wulfgar Ivarsson wrote:

that was all three bodies?

He quickly looks around the room for anything else. Then asks, "Shall we be movink on?"

Waiting for everyone to gather, he listens carefully at the door across the hallway, then checking it for traps. if he finds no traps He then tries to open the door.

perception: listening at the door: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
perception: find traps: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

I'm surprised the 31 didn't hear the hyena's

Smiling as Grenz shuts the door, "Good thinkink ComRade Grrrr"enz

He nods towards the door, "We will have to be decidink if we leave them in to die." He smiles as he moves to the next door. 3-10

"Shall we be goink to the next door?" once he arrives at the door he waits for everyone to gather, he listens carefully at the door across the hallway, then checking it for traps. if he finds no traps He then tries to open the door.

perception: listening at the door: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
perception: find traps: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You hear animals whining behind the door.


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50

Hearing the animals, Wulfgar turns to the party, "ComRades, hearink animals I am, Shall we proceed to the next door, Dah?" He then moves down the hallway and waits for everyone to gather. listening carefully at the door, then checking it for traps. if he finds no traps or odd noises He then tries to open the door.

perception: listening at the door: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
perception: find traps: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Wulfgar Ivarsson wrote:

Smiling as Grenz shuts the door, "Good thinkink ComRade Grrrr"enz

He nods towards the door, "We will have to be decidink if we leave them in to die." He smiles as he moves to the next door. 3-10

Grenz nods his thanks and follows after Wulfgar - "I am not comfortable with simply letting animals locked up to starve" - he comments


Human Male Cleric 6 |HP 60/61|AC 20/T 11/FF 19 | F+9/R+4/W+10 | CMB + 9 | CMD 30 |init +5 | Perc +14 |Wand 41/50
Grenz wrote:
Wulfgar Ivarsson wrote:

Smiling as Grenz shuts the door, "Good thinkink ComRade Grrrr"enz

He nods towards the door, "We will have to be decidink if we leave them in to die." He smiles as he moves to the next door. 3-10

Grenz nods his thanks and follows after Wulfgar - "I am not comfortable with simply letting animals locked up to starve" - he comments

As they move

Nodding and gesturing toward the other end of the building, "Perhaps gnoll younglinks will be watchink over them, let is be finishink our search of buildink and then decidink. Dah comRade"

sadly, the other question is how badly do we need the XP


Female Halfling Shaman (Life) 6 | AC 21, T 15, F 18, CMD 17 | F 8 R 8 W 9 | hp 46/46 | Init +3 | Perc +10 | 1/4 Channel energy 3d6, DC 17 | 3/6 Channel energy 2d6, DC 15 | 6/6 Touch of Acid | Effects:

That's a metagame question and shouldn't enter into the decision. ;-)

6,151 to 6,200 of 6,312 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lost Lands Campaign Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.