Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Roll20 Map


151 to 200 of 592 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

The catfolk looked at him before shaking her head, saying, "Let us hope they haven't eaten Rrrombarrrd."


December 26th Update

Alayi:

It might be the moving shadows, but you aren't even able to tell the tracks are there until Mahk points them out to everyone.

You follow the trail for several hundred feet, at first enjoying the dancing lights Adroushan has provided, but the soon flicker and go out leaving anyone with normal vision to depend on Dashki's torch and Reja's light spear.

With every step you take, you swear the shadows are growing longer, increasingly jagged and reaching for you when you aren't looking, only to snap back into place when you check. Tension rises, and all of you feel as if something terrible is about to happen. And then....

A brief cry of what sound like a human child begins to emanate from the darkness. It seems you're entering what appears to e cactus fields as well, the cry coming from deeper inside the patch.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan, upon hearing the dreadful sound, wiggles his fingers, sending his dancing lights out toward the sound.

110' range


Inactive

Though Reja's first instinct is to race towards the sound of the crying, she catches herself. There had been no mention of any other settlements in the area, no signs or indications that there were other people out here. At least not any living ones.

She shivers.

"Vhat...vhat is it?" she whispers, hand instinctively moving to rest atop Naseem's head for comfort and security. "There should not be anyone else here. Could it be restless spirits?"


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Can I see anything? (nope!)
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Can I determine what made the cry? (nope!)
Well that makes up for the 16 & 20 I rolled above. Dang dice roller!

Mahk peers into the darkness, and even with Adroushan lights, he can not see what made the noise, nor determine from the sound what it is. Looking at Reja, "agreed. Nothing good should be living in a cactus field. Let us be careful and check it out."


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria stared at the field of cactuses for a while weighing the party's options.

After awhile, the catfolk spoke, "I could use my magic to burrrn the field away, but therrre is the chance that I might catch whoeverrr is crrrying in therrre. Burrrning hands is out of the question then. Hmmm...I could simply just use a fierrry rrray to burrrn some the cactuses as we make ourrr way thrrrough the field."


Zig

"Ooo, I like the first idea..." Naseem pipes up, then glances up at Reja's stern expression. "Er...but erring on the side of caution and all that is good too, right?"


December 26th Update

Anyone that makes a Knowledge Nature DC 10:

While similar in tenor, you are relieved to figure out that it is actually only a goats cry rather than a child.

Adroushan, remember your lights last for one-minute bursts. Timing might be important

Adroushan sends out his lights, but the cacti patch doesn't let him make out more than about ten feet before his sight is cut off.

The cry is coming from a particularly dense thicket of cacti, and as you all approach it, it soon becomes apparent that it is a goat's cry, and not a child's.

You can make your way through the cacti thicket with about 3 rounds of careful maneuvering if you'd like. Make a balance check if you try to do so.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria studied the cacti some more.

"Hmm...my firrre magic might work if the cacti werrre drrry but since they'rrre healthy, it won't do much damage. Howeverrrr, since Mahk has a scythe, we might be able to cut ourrr way thrrrrough," she purred as she patted the human on the shoulder.

"Well time to starrrrt cutting some cacti, Mahk."


Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Scythe; Power Attack; 20/x4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 112d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 = 12

Just as Mahk realizes that the sound is from a goat, Adroushan's spell lights up the area and he can see that the sound, indeed is coming from a goat.

Looking over the thickness of the cactus field, and how close they are together, he nods to Josria, "yea, easier to cut them down rather than get have to deal with those thorns." He switches weapons from his longbow to his scythe and starts to cut down the nearest cacti.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

knowledge nature taking 10.

Adroushan brings up the rear, producing dancing lights, as needed, and directing them around Mahk.


Inactive

"Vell, that is one mystery solved at least," Reja says brightly, relaxing now that there is no danger of spirits. "Just be careful to not panic him as you get closer, Mahk."


December 26th Update

DM only:

Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 1

As Mahk goes to work on the cacti, he seems to make good progress cleaving through them like butter... but then....

SNAP!

Mahk holds up what appears to be the stem of a scythe, the bladed portion still embedded in the cacti.

I'm assuming the scythe's your using are hand scythes, and if not, the breaking doesn't change.


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi's eyes widen at the sight. "Oh dear, that isn't going to be much use anymore."


PRD - Scythe
Wikipedia - Picture - Scythe

PRD Says wrote:

Scythe

Price 18 gp
Type martial
This weapon consists of a long wooden shaft with protruding handles and a sharp curved blade set at a right angle. Derived from a farm tool used to mow down crops, a scythe requires two hands to use, and is unwieldy but capable of inflicting grievous wounds. Its connotations as a symbol of death due to its association with reaping also make the scythe a particularly intimidating weapon.

I assume that the breakage does not happen, but Mahk is worried as he gets it caught and has to carefully remove it.


December 26th Update

The scythe is still broken. Its a minor fix you could probably do as it seems the metal part simply disconnected from the wooden part, but it would take some minor tools and time.


December 26th Update

Mahk lifts up the two pieces of his scythe. Easily repairable with the proper tools, but for now very inconvenient to use.

How unlucky.

Your only 1/3 into the patch, lots of cacti still in front of you.


Inactive

"Vell...that vas rather poor luck, vasn't it?" Reja comments, making a tsk tsk sound. She quickly extinguishes the light on her spear before offering it to Mahk. "Not a cutting tool but better than nothing, yes?"

She then draws her dagger and conjures a small point of light onto the tip.


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi sighs, swinging her head, side ro side. Looking ahead at the cacti, she frowns. "Guess I'll help as well. A scimitar is no machete, but it should work the same." She states flatly.

Drawing her scimitar as she walks to the cacti. She twirls her blade, once, then twice, before chopping her way into the field.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria is a bit puzzled by the scythe suddenly breaking. She wonders and worries.

She casts a simple spell, curious.

She cast detect magic to see if there is any magic afoot.

"Well hopefully yourrr weapons won't brrreak as well," Josria told Reja and Alayi.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan winces as Alayi begins ruining her scimitar.

I don't believe that is the proper tool for the job.
And, since, the proper tool broke doing its job,
I wager you will soon be swordless, my dear.


December 26th Update

Alayi works quickly on the remaining cacti. She almost finished when she accidentally gets it a bit too stuck into a cacti's trunk. She tugs, and pulls, and strains to free her weapon. And she succeeds! However, the scimitar flies from her grasp, sails through the air, and lands somewhere deep in the cacti fields.

How unlucky.

Before you lies a thin strip of open land at the edge of a 15 foot wide ravine. A casual glance down the edge reveals a huge multi-armed wickedly barbed cactus dominating the ground 10 feet below the ledge, almost directly below where the sad little goat Rombard has been lazily tied to a scrub bush. He's covered with cactus quills and sounds like he's suffered a lot.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Did Josria detect any magic in the area?

Josria hissed when she Alayi's weapon sail through the air.

"That's....just odd. Never seen that happen beforrre," she hisses as she follows the others down the now cleared path through the cacti field.

"And seems that Adrrrroushan was rrrright about being sworrrdless," she adds.

"Ah therrre's Rrrombarrrd. Wonderrr how he got down therrre."


Mahk picks up the two pieces of his weapon, stows and grimaces at it. "Well, at least it is repairable. Dang cactus, doing this to grandpa's scythe." He pulls out his heavy flail and prepares himself.

Turning to Dashki, 'it seems that your pugwampi do exist. This has been the worst luck that I have ever seen!"

Seeing the goat tied to the cactus, "be careful. That goat is tied up so there are creatures about."


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan shakes his head sagely.

Perhaps, tomorrow, I will memorize mending.


December 26th Update

To free Rombard by untying the rope, I need someone to roll a dex check.


Inactive

"Poor Rombard! Ve need to retrieve him..." Reja says as she peers down at the huge cactus, "but that vould be a nasty fall if someone slipped. Ve should use rope before going further."


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Watching her weapon goes flying, Alayi begins to curse furiously. "Damn it! What ever god that covers fate should have a incinerating red hot, burning coal up their nethers!" Turning back towards the group, Alayi seems to have a shimmering aura as she takes a breath. "Um... Could someone help me recover my scimitar?"

She is completely ignoring the poor goat in the cacti, upset over what just happened.


"I have some rope, if you want to go down after the goat. I'll cover you from here with my bow."

Mahk rummages in his backpack and pulls out a 50 foot length of silk rope. "If needed, I have another 50 feet."


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria is deeply concerned by all of this.

"Do you think it is wise? What with all of the bad luck we arrrre having the rrrope might snap! Although I do what to save Rrrombarrrd," the catfolk said.


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Josria, you are correct. My scythe is broken, Alayi scimitar is somewhere over there. I don't want to loose my rope also." He stuffs the rope back into his pack and looks around.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Agrrreed. We best be carrreful. Say didn't Dashki say that Pugwampis cause bad luck? You don't suppose that..."

Josria looks towards where the goat is tied up.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Inactive

Reja takes a deep breath and then slowly releases it. "Okay. One thing at a time. First, ve retrieve Alayi's weapon since it is still usable. Then ve see about retrieving Rombard, yes?"

As she speaks, Reja looks at the cacti field. "Though...I am not sure how ve be doing this," she admits. "I have my spear and my shield but nothing else suitable for cutting through these plants."


December 26th Update

To wade through the cacti without hurting yourself, you'll need to roll an acrobatics check. You can't really bend these cacti with a shield, in fact, you'll just have less maneuvering room.

You hear Rombard making goat noises.

Mahk only:

Is that....? Yes it is! There's some kind of small jackal creature hiding behind a rock near Rombard! Also, you may read Josria's spoiler.

Josria:

The goat looks terrified, but your not sure why it is stricken with such fear in this calm cacti patch.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"I wonderrr why Rrrrombarrrd is so terrrrrified. I mean therrre rrreally isn't anything herrre in this cacti patch that he should be afrrraid of," Josria said in wonder.

The catfolk then wondered out loud as to how it got tied to the bush.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan looks on in annoyance at the goat.

I believe that this is a waste of time. We should be hunting these creatures. Seems to be more of a threat, than rescuing a goat.

He waves his hand.

Besides, it's not going any where at the moment.


"Shush....." says Mahk. Pointing to a rock near the goat, he says softly so his voice doesn't carry far but the others hear (he hopes), "I think that is one of those pugwampis over behind that rock. A small jackal creature." Waving to Dashki, he asks the man "is that one of those pugwampis?"


December 26th Update

Dashki isn't sure what you're pointing at, but then as he moves closer, recognition dawns on his face.

"Yes, Dashki utters, "these creatures are surrounded by bad luck. It makes them difficult to kill at times. Not impossible, but most annoying."


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Whispering to Mahk, Josria asks, "Tell me exactly wherrrre it is and I can use one of my spells to brrrring him down."


"See that rock over by the goat? It is behind that." Mahk replies to Josria.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan peers in the direction that Mahk points.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I do believe that this foul environment may be messing with your senses, my good man.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Hissing a bit, Josria replies softly, "I have to see my opponent in orrrder for me to cast my spell."


Inactive

"Hst!" Reja hisses as Mahk indicates that the group has company. "I vill try to get Alayi's veapon back; she is more suited to fighting than I," she says quickly as she takes a deep breath and steps into the cacti field...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


December 26th Update

DM only:

1d20 ⇒ 1

Josria, now that the pugwumpi is pointed out to you, with your darkvision you could probably see it now.

As for Reja...poor, poor Reja.

She takes a tentative step in the Cacti field and, believing she has proper footing, puts her weight on it. What she was actually stepping on was a dead, hollowed out cacti stump nestled under a bit of sand. It caves in sending her forward on her face. Unfortunately in her surprise, she swings around, the tip of her spear catching Adroushan's clothes and pulls him as well.

Reja, you're prone in the cacti field and take 1 point of damage. Adroushan, make a DC 12 Reflex to avoid being pulled in and taking 1 damage, but you clothing would have a nasty rip in it.

How.....unlucky...

Hee Hee


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Uhhh!

Adroushan is easily caught unawares, as he tumbles head over heels for Reja.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Catfolk actually have low light vision not darkvision.


Inactive

"Ow..." Reja groans, feeling the sting to both her pride and her limbs. She slowly, carefully, attempts to get to her feet. "Adroushan, I am sorry! Are you hurt?"

She shoots a glare over her shoulder in the direction of the supposed 'pugwampi'. "Cursed pest! What ill-mannered god or devil saw fit to create such a thing?"


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Prrrobably the one that gave birrrthed to gnolls, demons, and devils," the catfolk sorceress said.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Lying awkwardly among the stalks of prickly cacti, Adroushan looks as disheveled as he has ever looked.
The magus has a deep frown painted on his face.

That was quite uncivilized!


December 26th Update

@ Josira, in that case, you only need someone to have a light near there to actually see it. A thrown object with light cast on it or one of Adroushan's dancing lights should do the trick.

151 to 200 of 592 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.