Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Roll20 Map


1 to 50 of 592 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
December 26th Update

It's blazing hot outside. Well, it is the desert so that kinda makes sense.

You have all been traveling together for more than a week on a dreary camel caravan from the town of Solku to an unknown location in the northern scrublands of Katapesh. You've been hired by Garavel, the no-nonsense major-domo of a merchant princess awaiting them at your destination. In the distant haze to the west, you can just make out the immense outline of Pale Mountain looming over the mid-evening horizon like a tombstone.

Eerie indeed.

Everyone make some kind of introductory post for your character, something about how they look, what they've been doing as you've traveled together for several days. Start talking to each other in character. I'll wait until a certain amount of posts is reached before posting another to continue the story. Use this time to really get into character and have fun interacting with everyone else.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria al-Zarqa stretched as she took in the sight of the Pale Mountain.

"Why Haleen came here is beyond me...I do hope she is safe," the catfolk thought to herself. She straightens her robe as she looks around. She was surprised that the guards were well behaved while she had been on this trip. Most of the time some drunk whose brain apparently was located between his legs whistled at her because of her robe being opened in the front but it was a custom tailored outfit she wore and it cost a pretty copper to get too but it was worth it; and besides, it was made to keep her cool, especially in this heat. Besides, unlike humans, having fur did keep any 'private areas' covered, much to the disappointment of drunks and perverts. She always found that odd about humans.

Josria quickly said a few prayers to Bastet the cat headed goddess and Cayden Cailen the Drunken Hero, asking them to watch over them all.

"I hope we can raise a shrine, or even better a temple, to Bastet in this town once we take back this ruined town," the sorceress thought out loud.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

It was hard to miss Haran, aside from his great girth the wizard constantly carried a sturdy parasol to protect him from the sun and carried a folding chair - with a special notch so the parasol could be placed over it. He had not fared well with the camels, the creatures unenthused about carrying his bulk, and the wizard had fallen several times while trying to both read and hold his parasol which had resulted in some hot words for his humped conveyance.

Haran had made it quite clear that he was only on the journey at the behest of the Pathfinder Society, obviously reveling in his new membership,

"Oh, yes, they said I was the first Pathfinder to pass his initiation rite while seated. Now of course I understand that will not always be practical, but, well, I have always believed in the conservation of energy where possible. I just completed my journey to Absalom and received my Wayfinder, meant to go for years, but you know how it is always another book to devour, maybe I should have waited another month or so! Then I would not be sweating like a teenage boy in a harem!"

Despite his idiocincracies Haran had proven to be helpful, provided it called for no significant physical exertion on his part, offering to prestidigitate clean anyone or thing, and supplementing supplies by shooting down distant vultures with magic missiles,

"It is a bit of an acquired taste, but I read up on vulture recipes before coming out to this thrice cursed desert - really the outdoors is hideously overrated - and it turns out they are a delicacy! Although I suspect that might be a polite way of saying that you take what you can get out here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Reja had been quietly strolling along beside the wagons and the beasts of burden that pulled them, largely content to simply listen to the others chatter away. But at Haran's words she glances over at the large man.

"The outdoors are not overrated," she remarks. "They simply require the right mindset to appreciate them - not everyone has this." Although her tone is matter-of-fact rather than malicious or insulting, she pauses for a moment as she considers her own words. "But that is okay, yes? Not everyone has the proper mindset to enjoy comforts of city life. These little things are vhat make each of us different," she smiles.

"Josria, this Bas-tet...vill you tell me about her again?" Rejas asks, turning her attention to the catfolk. Although Reja had seen many sorts of peoples during her time in the city of Katapesh this expedition was the first time she had met one like Josria. Truth be told, Reja found the catfolk rather fascinating and thankfully not a nuisance like the gnolls were. "I know you have shared before, but it is still hard to imagine a goddess like this one you follow!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Zig

Naseem padded along beside Reja, taking great delight in running circles around his human friend and kicking up clouds of dust. Naseem was a rather strange sight to behold - his size and general shape were that of a rather large dog but in all other aspects he resembled more of a wingless dragon with very pale blue scales. In fact, his appearance and that of Reja's other friends were odd enough that they had been requested to keep a small degree of distance between themselves and the horses and camels, so as not to spook them.

"These outdoors are great!" he exclaims, offering his two copper to the conversation. "Plenty of room to run and stretch!" He does gaze a bit forlornly up at the sky, however. "It'd be better if I had my wings, though. I still don't know why I don't have them when Reja calls me here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

Haran smiles ruefully, "Well of course I speak with all the bias of one who has let himself go and gotten lost while he was at it - in a pantry no doubt. But I maintain that corpulence is the true secret, or at least a true secret, to the acquisition of phenomenal cosmic power - albeit rather more complex than that."

Smiling down at Naseem he adds, "You know that is a fascinating subject, I would postulate that Reja serves as some sort of conduit and if you are indeed greater upon your home plane it is likely her abilities that limit your physical manifestation upon this plane. Presumably then as her power as a practitioner increases you will become closer and closer to your true form... Hmmm, maybe I could take some measurements and examine you later it would make a wonderful topic for a paper."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

The princely person perched upon a wagon seat (when not practicing his sword play) smiles at the conversations that float upon his elven ears. Decorated (as opposed to dressed) in blue motifs that would rival the cleanliness of royalty-kept garments, Adroushan struck a handsome figure; broken when he spoke. His condescending manner usually grated on those he is accompanied. From his neatly trimmed black facial hair to his well manicured blue polished fingernails; from his deep polished leather boots to his ocean blue koal covered eyes, his pristine appearance garnered glances of envy from both female and male.

I must agree with our opulent wizard here. Outside is so...untidy.

He waves his hand absently over his clothing as he speaks. The minor debris that dared to violate his person disappeared with haste.

Although, I suppose, that there are those disgusting dwellings that do have a similar state of noncleanliness.


Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

"Ah, but I must admit to a certain affection for dust! And while my own books are of course scrupulously well cared for there is something about a dusty disordered library that renders it all the more appealing, the sense that one is discovering some long forgotten knowledge... Though of course the end goal would be a proper catalogue and full restoration, but still... Outside of course "dust" is less appealing, if I did not prestidigitate myself every few minutes I hate to think what the sand would be doing to my tender parts - which for the record is all of them, my parts that is."


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan nods in complete agreement.

Yes, I dare say, there is nothing more pleasant than initially discovering a long, lost library.

He waves an arm out wide.

Although, of course, that would be absolutely dreadful should one not be prepared.

He pointedly erases some nonexistent dirt from his clothing again.


Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

"Cool drinks, clean clothes, turkey flavoured vulture, its a wonderful spell for the busy Wizard on the go - honestly smell my camel... Strawberry! Though the ungrateful brute does not seem to keen."


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria giggled a tiny bit before smiling at Hasan's words about getting lost in the pantry. She found the human to be quite funny, but she did agree with Reja: the wizard did need to get some exercise.

"A little exercise never hurt anyone actually Hasan. It is good to be outdoors and get some fresh air. My former master's wife would often scold him that he needed to get out some. Um..."

The sorceress suddenly remembered what had happened when the old wizard replied with the back of his hand and the catfolk decided to change subjects. She didn't like dwelling on the bad times when she was a slave.

"Oh Bastet," Josria replied to Reja's question, "she's known as the Sly Enchantress and is the goddess of cats, pleasure, and secrets. She is an ancient deity having been worshipped by the people of Osirion since the time of the first pharaoh. She is a goddess associated with protecting her followers and others from disease, especially contagious ones, evil spirits, and snakes. She is usually indolent and relaxed, but she is like any cat, quick to anger and rage. Why she has fought the ancient serpent Apep, who seeks to devour all creation. I also worship the Drunken Hero, Cayden Caliean, the divinity of ale, adventurers,bravery, freedom, and wine. Although I don't drink much as I prefer to have my wits about me and sharp as well. I do occasionally say a prayer to Shelyn, goddess of the arts and love, who we catfolk see as being a catheaded woman."

She then turned to look at Adroushan, smiling a bit before saying, "That is true. I used to read my old master's books when he wasn't looking. I learned a great deal about a few things, especially in regards to magic and some history, as well as things and places existing on other planes, like the Plane of Fire and the City of Brass. I've mainly been interested in fire magic, but I have read about the other elements too."

She then turned to Hasan and asked, "You've mentioned Pathfinders before. I'm curious: what do they do actually? Don't take this the wrong way, but are they sages and historians, or are they an adventurers' guild?"


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi walks along with the caravan in typical Qadira garb, in addition to her chain shirt and buckler, and weapons she has upon her. She tries her best to keep her black hair out of her face as she keeps a look out for anything roaming the wastes.

She recalls what Garavel said on the way to the location he mentioned in the briefing before this quest started. Well, at least this is different. To secure the ruined village out here, it is nothing like the labor I had to do back in Katapesh. The sights are not that different though, the hot air, barren landscape... The lack of buildings, but... This is such a boring place! I hope to be done with this and earn my freedom soon. The heat and the barren land doesn't seem to have much of an effect on this young Ifrit woman, other than her apparent boredom, which she quickly hides when one of the other guards comes by.

She listens to the conversation of the other participants as they travel, she gives a quick glance to each one during the journey. Huh, That fat one must be rich and foolish by the looks of it. Same with the one riding in the wagon, the rich part though. Then there is a woman that has a pet made of air? Is that what is called a elemental? Ah, oh well. Then there is a woman that looks like a cat. Seems rather curious too. What strange people were gathered. She can't help to shake her head at hearing the two 'rich' people speak about dust. And she can't help to speak up, in a slight melodic tone. "You two. This world is a very dirty place. You may clean yourselves as many times as you like, but it will not change a thing. And best get use to the dust of the sands, as they will not let up til you are outside of these lands."

For some reason, when reading that, I hear Pharah from Overwatch. >.>


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan then places his dark, well manicured hand on the hilt of his sword.

Alas, I must be honest, when i say that next to the swirling sound of a skillfully used blade, musty tomes, dusty letters, and unearthed magical scrolls place a strong second!

He then grins.

But why choose? I employ both Arts as equals.


Zig

Naseem blinks up at Haran and then looks over to Reja. "Hear that Reja? Maybe I'll get my wings again if you grow stronger. You'd best get to work then; a few hundred push-ups and sit-ups each day and a good long run every morning before you eat should do the trick in no time!" To punctuate this statement he leaps forward and pounds into the ground near Adroushan's wagon, sending yet more dust into the air.

"Whoops, sorry about that! Forgot you were sitting right there," he offers innocently.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Sense Motive (DC 24):

Definitely a lie. Naseem seems to find the endless prestidigitation of the dust very amusing, but not in a malicious manner.

No intention to truly ruffle feathers IC or OOC, by the way. There will be some light teasing and mischief on Naseem's part, but it won't ever go any further than that and it won't be a constant thing :)


Inactive

"Naseem! You'll scare the horses and camels if you keep that foolishness up!" Reja scolds the elemental. "I am sorry Adroushan," she apologizes, "he gets excitable at times and forgets himself."

Even after a week, Reja was still not sure what to make of the half-elf. He certainly wasn't embellishing the truth when he spoke of his talents and training, but on the other hand his attitude was rather...condescending, at times.

It is good that I haven't called upon Sholeh lately. I fear she wouldn't be able to keep her thoughts to herself like the others do. This is the most important journey I have undertaken and it wouldn't do to cause problems with Garavel or any of the others.

The others were not so bad. Josria seemed quite curious and clever and even Haran's enthusiasm for the trip held a certain charm. Alayi was more difficult for Reja to get a read on, but she seemed strong and capable at least.

We should be able to work together well enough for the task ahead.

"You have many gods that you look to, it seems. And there are apparently many gods for us to look to if ve vish, enough to rival the number of stars in the sky," the druid responds thoughtfully after Josria shares her knowledge of Bastet and other gods with them. "I...I have not given such things much thought. I pay respects to fire and vater, the earth and the sky. Sometimes to the Dawnflower, but that is all."


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi can't help b but to watch, wide eyed as the little elemental sent up a cloud of dust near Adroushan's wagon. Letting out a slight chuckle, she shakes her head. "Very playful, that little one." She speaks in her melodic tone as she walks around to the elemental. "I have to say I haven't seen a elemental before, even though I have their blood of fire within me." She looks to Reja with a slight quizzical manner. "Do you have other elemental servants as well?" She asks nicely.

But with the conversation of religion and belief begins to go around, she shakes her head. "Why beholden to something that 'Might' assist you in your time of need? Best look forward to using you own skills. Be it with blade, word, or magic you have at your own disposal." She begins to walk forward towards the lead of the caravan. "This one has not seen much use to pray. When no one is willing to speak for you." She rests a hand on the pommel of her scimitar as she walks, returning to gazing across the desert wastes.


December 26th Update

Make sure you're reading everything you can. A lot of good characterization here, I'm impressed!

You begin to near your destination. Craggy trees litter the next hill and you can see why everyone refers to it as the Sultan's Claw. With five immense, mostly leafless branches, the growth looks more like giant skeletal talon than a thing of living wood.

As you top the last rise, you finally are able to a caravan of a half-dozen wagons and a large tent clustered around the distinctive tree. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation, and a clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Of course, there's people as well, perhaps a dozen as you look down and....wait....somethings wrong.

You see the men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down an animal or hastening towards the center of the cluster, near the Sultan's Claw, with pails of water in their hands.

One of the wagons is on fire!

Lush orange and red flames engulf an elaborate wooden wagon emblazoned with a painted moon and stars. A gout of smoke pours from an open door, and as you approach an ill wind blows a number of colorful fortune-telling Harrow cards from inside the wagon. One of the cards flies in the air and eventually hits Haran in the chest. It is the Cyclone, a symbol that signify's a force that tears though whatever it meets at the behest of an intelligent being. It portends war, arson, and destructive plans.

The whole of Sultan's Claw erupts into brilliant flame.

The central flap of an elaborate tent flies open and a regal woman who can only be Almah (the merchant princess in charge) steps out into the firelit night.

"Douse the flame!" she shouts to the men surrounding the wagon before turning in your direction.

"Ah, Garavel!" she says. "And just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual."

Looking specifically past her major domo and directly at you all, Almah barks out a simple order before running off toward the fire:

"Find some way to help!"

------------------------------------

Each of you has an individual decision on how you want to help with the current crisis. I'll be giving you more details once you decide how you want to help.


  • Put out the fire.
  • Pull wagon out of the way
  • Heal wounded Firefighters
  • Deal with Frightened Animals


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Before the catfolk sorceress could laugh a bit at her companions' comments involving her faith (well maybe not the ifrit's comments but Josria could relate to what she was going through having been a slave once before as well), someone yelled fire.

Upon seeing the burning wagon that once belonged to the fortune teller, not to mention the card flying and landing on Haran, Josria was a bit unnerved by the turn of events but she quickly regained her composure. Running quickly like the cheetahlike catfolk she is while yelling at Haran to hold onto that card, the sorceress sees if she can help the firefighters in putting out the fire.


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi nods to the Merchant Princess Almahas, she heads down to help pull wagons out of the way. While fire might not hurt her much, she can still feel the tingling heat.

Rushing to a wagon that is nearby the conflagration, she puts her shoulder against the wagon and puts her whole body behind it to push it away from the fire. "Come on! Move!"


Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

Earlier.

Haran pulls a face, "Maybe exercise is okay for others, but I fear I am allergic. It is against my religion. Usually wholly unnecessary with proper planning and preparation. Why I have even heard of people keeling over and dying from such foolish exertions, no thank you!"

Post Fire

Plucking the card from his chest and regarding it with interest before tucking it away in a pocket Haran nods to Josria. Ambling forward parasol in hand he produces his waterskin raising it above his parasol and pouring it onto the surface so the water flows down and onto the top of the burning wagon.

"Reja I trust you still have that delightful create water orison prepared? Would that we arcanists could emulate it!"

2 rounds of actions there I believe if rounds are important.


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan can't make that bluff, so...lol.

Dramatically coughing and choking, Adroushan wildly waves his hands in front of his face.

Undignified, I say! Ah, now I shall endeavor to forgive this small transgression, because I understand the usefulness of these beings.

At the camp...

As they crest the hill, viewing the camp, Adroushan frowns.

Well, isn't this a dirty place! I say...

His voice is drowned out by the yelling of orders from their employeer.

Time to earn our pay, I suppose.

With that statement, Adroushan nimbly hops down from the wagon seat. He joins Alayi with the wagon.


Inactive

Reja opens her mouth to respond to Alayi, but her attention is diverted as news trickles through the group that they've very nearly arrived at their destination. As the group tops the hill, Reja peers down at the other caravan clustered around the Sultan's Claw. "Vell, it is good to see there's already a camp...prepared..." her voice trails off as the disarray of the camp and the fire causing it become apparent.

"Oh my!" she gasps, rushing forward to lend her aid. "Naseem, stay out of the vay vhile ve deal vith this!" Approaching the fires, she begins to summon water in an attempt to help Haran and some of the others put them out.

Reja will make use of the Create Water orison to try and fight the fires.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria said some words in her native tongue, causing several buckets to levitate and get water from wherever the firefighters were getting their water from and hand the now filled buckets to those fighting the fires, although she was also levitating the buckets to the firefighters so they didn't have so far to go to refill their buckets.

"We need someone to heal those wounded by the fires," the sorceress called out to her companions, "We'll probably need everyone's help to keep this from spreading!"

The catfolk also used her magic to bend the fire away from other wagons.

Josria is using prestidigitation to fill and refill empty buckets as well as using the same spell to keep the flames from spreading."


December 26th Update

For those fighting the fire...
Almah, Garavel, and four soldiers dressed in a distinctive red chitin-plate armor of the Pactmaster Guard run back and forth between the burning fortune teller's wagon and an uncovered wagon about 20 feet away. the latter contains a huge barrel holding enough drinking water to serve the entire campsite for a week.

There are more gallon-buckets available to anyone who wants to help, but any help will speed up the fire being put out.

Josira, Prestidigitation would allow you to fill one bucket every round, which is much less useful than running with one yourself. There is also no way prestidigitation could halt or even really limit the flame at this point.

Reja can create 2 gallons of water with every cantrip use, which is actually more efficient than a bucket

For those pulling the Wagon...
Four burly mercenaries struggle with an enclosed wooden wagon within feet of the burning wagon, hoping to move it to safety before an errant spark causes it to burst into flame as well. Already you can see sparks hitting the wooden side.

For those helping move the Wagon, make a DC Strength Check to try and push the wagon with the mercs helping you.

Secret DM Dice are Secret:

Merc Str Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Merc Str Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Merc Str Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Merc Str Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Let me know if you are changing actions, coming up with something clever, or doing the same thing.


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi puts her back into to try to move the wagon.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 ... Alayi must have slipped. >.>

She pushes with all her might, and the wagon shifts slightly. "Here we g-" But as it moves, she slips on a patch of sand and land face down on the dirt, causing a small dust cloud to appear. "Ooph."


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan lines up next to Alayi, pushing with all his might.
Str check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As Alayi slips in the muck, she sprays Adroushan with wet mud, causing him to immediately stop pushing to look wide-eyed at his ruin clothing.

By the gods, ma'am!


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

With a pained look of aspiration, Adroushan lines back up to assist in the pushing.

Str check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Let this be a lesson: don't soil my person!

He winks at Alayi.


Inactive

Reja continues to conjure water as quickly as she can, while hoping that the others can safely get the wagons out of the way. "Ve have to get the fires out first! Then ve can take care of everything else!"


Alayi Ah'Mheed, CN Female Ifrit Swashbucker Lvl 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +1, R: +5, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Panche Pool: 2/2 | Spell Like: Burning Hands 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Alayi pushes herself off the ground and shakes her head. "Be quiet and just push." She remarks as she puts herself back against the wagon and pushes.

Str Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 ... Well, at least it wasn't a 1. But I still don't think Alayi helped. >.>

Not getting any traction on the dirt, she just kicks dust away from her with no real progress. At least she didn't fall on her face this time.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Seeing that it was taking too long even with her magic, Josria decided to try and help them without magic. Grabbing two pails, she quickly began to help put out the fire.


December 26th Update

DM Secret Dice:

Merc STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Merc STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Merc STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Merc STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Though Alayi isn't having much luck as she pushes against loose spots in the ground, Adroushan and the mercs are able to heave the wagon enough to get it away from any immediate danger. There's sweat pouring down the merc's faces, but they seem relieved to be away from the fire as much as the wagon would be if it were alive.

Josria and Haran are helping the others with pails of water, trying ot put the fire out, but the one who catches Almah's attention is Reja who summons volumes of water from nothingness to quench the inferno.

Reja, mark off all but one cantrip spell as you had to use five to help put ou the fire.

Those putting out the fire will be occupied for two more rounds at least. Those who finished with the wagon can choose a new task to help with.


Wizard (Shadowcaster) 1 | HP 9/9 | AC 12/12/10 | Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 | Force Missile 7/day

Cantrips are infinite in PF DM Default - hence the removal of Cure Minor Wounds.

Trotting over to the water Haran sets his folded chair down flat, "Josria, pile buckets on here, then we will carefully take, what ten at a time, it should be more efficient and less laborious both,"

With care he fills several buckets two at a time and places them upon the chair using it like a stretcher and hopefully having Josria do the same and take up the other end to carry them over like a stretcher. Each bucket is balanced against the others so they help support each other.

"The delay should be outweighed by the application of a large amount of water in a shorter time..."

Harans Chair but thinner


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

"Good thinking, Haran," the catfolk said with an agreeing nod.

Turning to Adroushan she says as she helps Haran lift the chair with the water filled buckets on it, "See if you can help the wounded."

Josria and Haran then take the buckets to the burning wagon.


Inactive

Though still focused on helping to put out the fires, Reja does nod with satisfaction as Adroushan, Alayi, and some of the mercs are able to move the wagon to safety. "Good vurk everyone! Ve might vin the day yet!"

Yep, I think basically all the casting classes get infinite castings of their memorized/known cantrips in PF. Makes it a little easier to have something to do in a fight, even if you've already used your big spells for the day!


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan's pert mouth drops open, as his earringed ears grow a bit red.

My good cat. I have no experience with healing.

He then smiles as he sights the roaming animals.

I may be able to corral them!

With a quick flick of a cuffed wrist, Adroushan conjures a set of four lantern-like lights out at a distance of 110' among the scattered horses.

I shall attempt to gather them by playing on their innate fear of the unknown., he explains with not a small amount of childish glee!

cantrip:
Dancing Lights
Source PRPG Core Rulebook pg. 263 (Amazon)
School evocation [light]; Level arcanist 0, bard 0, magus 0, medium 0, mesmerist 0, occultist 0, psychic 0, shaman 0, skald 0, sorcerer/wizard 0, witch 0
Casting
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Effect
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect up to four lights, all within a 10-ft.-radius area
Duration 1 minute (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no
Description
Depending on the version selected, you create up to four lights that resemble lanterns or torches (and cast that amount of light), or up to four glowing spheres of light (which look like will-o'-wisps), or one faintly glowing, vaguely humanoid shape. The dancing lights must stay within a 10-foot-radius area in relation to each other but otherwise move as you desire (no concentration required): forward or back, up or down, straight or turning corners, or the like. The lights can move up to 100 feet per round. A light winks out if the distance between you and it exceeds the spell's range.

You can only have one dancing lights spell active at any one time. If you cast this spell while another casting is still in effect, the previous casting is dispelled. If you make this spell permanent, it does not count against this limit.

Dancing lights can be made permanent with a permanency spell.


December 26th Update

According to the pathfinder SRD, Druids have a limited amount of cantrips that they can cast. Tried finding an article to argue otherwise, but haven't found one yet. If you have a link, I'd appreciate it. For now, She has limited cantrips until I find otherwise.

To Adroushan who's Dealing with Frightened Animals...
A modest collection of pigs, goats, and sheep accompanies Almah's party on the journey to Kelmarane. The flaming wagon has unsettled these creatures, which somehow escaped from their pen in the confusion surrounding the fire's outbreak. The middle-aged human camel driver and his wife do their best to wrangle the panicking animals, but their efforts are quickly being overrun by the chaos of the situation.

"Rombard!" cries the distraught camel driver, looking around to no avail. "Rombard where are you?!"

Adroushan, roll a Handle animal check with a -5 modifier. Its a clever idea, but a making a spectral fire to gather the animals already scared of fire will probably result in them going even more out of control or dashing back into the camp where they could injure others or themselves. Not really a calming effect.

Back at the Fire...
Through Haran's quick wit and Josria's assistance, as well as Reja's continued stream of water (this is part of the earlier cantrip I had you pay up front), the inferno is reduced to wet cinders. Almah, Garavel, and the guard collapse on the ground to catch their breath, those with buckets now drinking from them to quench their own thirst. Almah gives you all an appreciative nod.

Those at the remains of the fire can try and help with one more task before everything is "somewhat" under control again.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Sighing with relief at the fact they had put out the fire, Josria nodded 'you're welcome' at Almah.

Not waiting to rest she heads over to the wounded firefighters, seeing if she can help. She only hopes her meager skills will suffice.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Um...how many wounded are there? I just started rolling heal checks if that's okay. I think you have to get a 15 to heal someone successfully. At least I didn't get the dreaded 1!!!


Inactive

As the fire finally seems to sputter and die, Reja allows herself just a moment to try and catch her breath. "Hoooo...I did not expect to be acting as a rainstorm," she pants. But there's still work to be done and she quickly straightens up and moves to have a look at some of the injured mercenaries and caravan workers.

"I am not a priestess, but I have some knowledge of first-aid," she offers.

Heal Check (?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Yeah, not so good with the animals...lol.

handle animal: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (17) - 7 = 10

although not too bad considering!

Adroushan begins making cawking noises as he attempts to herd the animals...


December 26th Update

A red-headed halfling cleric, Father Zastoran, kneels next to two severely burned mercenaries who tried to enter the burning wagon. He is currently tending to a badly wounded mercenary, but is unable to focus on the other patient, a female sworder. By the looks of her terrible burns and the color of her complexion, she isn't long for this world.

Josria, unsure about what to do, manages to gather a few herbal salves and supplies but in her rush can't tell what's an antitoxin versus a healing balm. Luckily, Reja is able to pick one she remembers well as she had used some on herself after dealing with her fire elemental during her early days of training and control. The sworder woman stops breathing heavily and seems to finally come to a recuperative rest.

Unfortunately for Adroushan, his tactic to scare the animals to round them up doesn't work as intended. Several animals dart past, more afraid of the "former" inferno behind them, but the others do indeed turn back. The camel driver is able to gather some of the animals that turned back, but bites his upper lip as he watches several animals dart away into the desert.

Each of you is awarded 80 experience points. Please make note of that.

There is much movement by everyone as people prepare to leave on Almah's orders. She shows remarkably little concern over the fate of her astrologer, treating it more as a loss of resources than a personal tragedy. You watch as she and her major-domo make their way toward you.

"We're setting out soon, and I have a little job for you all." she announces in a hushed voice. She peers around to make sure none are eavesdropping and then motions for Garavel to continue.

"The destroyed wagon belonged to Almah's personal fortuneteller Eloais," Garavel begins, no emotion on his face as usual. "His specialty was a divinatory deck of cards known as Harrow, as you can see from what remains around his wagon. We would request you discover if there is any foul play involved, and if so, who is responisble. Talk to whoever you need to, examine the site if need be but I'd prefer if you don't go waving magic and swords about in peoples faces. You will be traveling with these folks for some time."

You can interview anyone you wish, and visit whatever you'd like.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria sighs in relief. She was grateful that Reja was here to aid her in tending to the wounded. Although while some would be amused at the half-elf's attempts to calm the frightened animals, Josria was not like some. She gave the magus a sympathetic look when she saw the camel driver's unhappy face as a few animals fled into the desert.

When Almah and her major domo, Garavel, asked the catfolk and her companions to investigate the fire, Josria nods.

"We will do what we can Lady Almah," the sorceress said, "Can you and Garavel tell us more about Eloais, please?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan fitfully kicks some dirt in the direction of the camels, ignoring the smudge on his polished black boots.

Walking slowly back toward the group, he sighs, I must say, I never had gotten the knack with animals.

He looks to Josira.

I fear that my attempts at healing are about equal.


December 26th Update

"I hired Eloais in Solku about a month ago to read cards for me. I haven't visited the land of my ancestors, but having a harrower felt... right"

Now that the emergency has subsided, Almah apperas strained and a bit distraught at Eloais's death. Having been impressed by your actions combating the fire, she motions for you to get closer.

"There was something....troubling, however. His last reading centered on an auspicious card, the Cyclone, a portent of death by fire and schemes by powerful evil. At first I thought it was towards Kelmarane, our destination, but Eloais insisted the village was only a small part of something much larger, something he called the Legacy of Fire."

She lets her words hang, watching your faces for a sign of recognition.


Inactive

"It is okay Adroushan," Reja responds sympathetically, noting that the man genuinely does seem rather disheartened at his lack of success with herding all of the animals. "I am not as good vith animals as I would like to be either. Maybe once they calm down some of them vill vander back towards the camp."

With the worst of the ruckus taken care of, Reja beckons Naseem back to her side once more as Almah and Garavel approach the group. "Thank you for heeding me, Naseem. There vas not much for you to do to help us here and I did not vant you hurt by mistake."

As Almah and Garavel make their request of the group, Reja raises a curious eyebrow and then nods in approval as Josria asks for more information. The approving look quickly shifts to a puzzled frown as Almah shares the results of Eloais' last Harrow reading. "The Legacy of Fire? I am not sure that I understand."

Kn. Local (?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Josria was unsure but as she searched her memories for any reference involving she did however also thought about Kelmarane and its history for the first time since she discovered that her beloved Haleen was near the abandoned town.

"I'm not familiar with the homeland of your ancestors, Lady Almah, but I am sorry for your loss of Eloais. His card, the Cyclone, you speak of, we do know of as it flew on the winds to us and landed on Haran. Surely this is a sign from the gods or the spirits of magic or both. Whatever the case, we will do all we can to help you."

The catfolk turned to Garavel and asked him if he had any suspicions about the fire, although she nods at the magus before speaking with the major domo.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Adroushan bows to Reja, sweeping his hands over his dusty and dirty clothing as he straightens, cleaning it as he rises.

I shall endeavour to be of more use concerning this mystery!

He turns to Lady Almah.

Yes, M'lady. I think that we ought to be circumspect, if you suspect inside treachery., he whispers.

Adroushan shakes his head slowly.

No, I cannot place the name; legacy of fire. If we had access to a library, then, perhaps, we could dig something up. But without more facts... He shrugs his shoulders.

I am assuming know history?


December 26th Update

Go ahead and make a knowledge local or history check Adroushan


Male Dhampir Cleric 1 Hp 10/10 Init +4( Eyes of the Hawk(ex)+2 initiative surprise round ); Perception +10; AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Can't make more than a DC 10. Not trained in those...


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Try arcana and planes. speaking of which I forgot to do a knowledge (planes) check myself!

Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


December 26th Update

It seems none of you have heard anything about a Legacy of fire.

As you turn your questions to Garavel, Almah is called away by some of guards to talk about security during the trip. She bids you farewell and leaves with them.

With a lantern jaw and short black hair, Garavel strikes a dashing figure for an accountant and business expert.

At first, he wishes to remain impartial as Almah has commanded for an unbiased investigation. But after a few questions and noting your contribution to the day's rescue, he admits that Dashki, the resident gnoll expert, has never held his trust. In his own words.

"If one of our number was revealed as an arsonist and a murderer, he would be the least surprising."

DC 15 Spot check:

You notice there seems to be a small metal protrusion sticking out of the left side of Garavel's skull.

1 to 50 of 592 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire: Under Blazing Sun Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.