Intrigue in Taldor -- Group 2 -- Pathfinder Core Rules (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Taldor is beset by invaders from the south as all is quiet on the Eastern Front. What to the enemies of Taldor have in mind next?

Their latest plot takes aim at the very heart of Taldor. What starts out as a simple border watch assignment for the adventurers turns into a story of war, espionage and intrigue that will shake the nation to its foundation.
Current Map


301 to 350 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Monk 1/Fighter 1 HP 21, AC 19/13/16, Saves 6/5/3, Init +2, Perception +5

Lorkan, I was at -4hp. So, now I'm at 2. That's why I suggested resting overnight.


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

All the spells and channels were used up. If you can wait a night (and pickup 1 HP), I'll be able to take care of of you in the morning.


Uther will happily wait for healing tomorrow. Meanwhile, he looks for food and drink, and helps with the defenses, and trusts he can find pretty much anywhere to lay down and sleep if needed.


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

Late that night after Ivan decides he has lectured the lads enough for the day, he takes out his own silver steel mug and walks towards gilbert.

oye laddie! Ye looking a mite worse for wear! I know what'll fix ye up! Some good ole dwarven brew! I've got some left ere'an' I got a recipe from me folks that'll knock even the stoutest dwarf off o' his feet after a few drinks. Come on then, let's see how ye handle yer drink kinsmen!

Ivan slaps Gilberts shoulders with a heavy hand, forgetting his injuries and attempts to lead him to a table in his normal heavy handed, yet cheerful and well meaning way. Regaling him with stories of drink contests won and lost.


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

Lorkan goes about the day visiting with the locals, and shakes his head at the hopelessness behind the local name, Fort Disaster for the place. "May Sarenrae bring light to this place."

As the day turns to night, Lorkan joins his band of merry man in search of nourishment.


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

Laro appears next to Ivan. "Did I hear Dwarven brew??? Thank you very much." He intercepts the cup on the way to Gilbert and when it's half gone looks up at him. "Did you want any?" said in a way that implies Gilbert didn't want any and offers him the cup.


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

What's the situation? Immediate and long term?


Male Dwarf Monk 1/Fighter 1 HP 21, AC 19/13/16, Saves 6/5/3, Init +2, Perception +5

"No, Laro, you can have mine. While I can handle even the stoutest dwarven brew, I've found that it interferes with my meditations. I will have some food before turning in for the night, though."


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

Ivan squints at the other dwarf and the halfing.

BAH, alright then, come on then laddie! lets see what ye got!

He places a heavy hand across the halfings back and gives him a firm pat.


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

Laro downs the rest of the brew and then promptly falls asleep on the table (he is a little guy after all).


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

bah, guess he ain't but a wee sprite after all. Well, more fer meself! Bwahahaba.

Ivan bellows through the night, finally passing out with a half eaten leg of meat in his hand


Uther does a fair job keeping up with Ivan, but is smart enough to not get drunk in case of a night raid against the fort.

Like any long term soldier, he looks to get plenty of rest whenever the chance presents itself.


The party heads to the common room of the Bloody Axe Tavern. Run by Stout Bootblack, a dwarven leathermaker, it is said the ale is used to tan the leather before being served. As you enter, the place is full and the ale is quite good.

As you have a hot meal and dwarven ale, you blow off some steam after the long trail. Despite the defenses, Malik insists on staying the night, refusing to risk the open road after the recent brush with orcs and orog.

You hear carousing outside, then realize the post is the subject of another raid. The same orog and a band of human bandits are attacking the outpost. Knocking on the door with a heavy fist is your nemesis, the orog from the trail. "I'm back to finish de job!!"

Map to follow, common room is 40' by 70'


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

Realizing Gilbert may not be properly recovered for the confrontation, Lorkan pulls out his trusty scroll and draws divine energy from it to heal the dwarven monk.

Assuming despite leveling spells have not returned - only the domain spell Shield of Faith available, and no detect magic yet. No channels left.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

Ivan jumps suddenly roaring and brandishing his half eaten leg of meat.
finally I can be making good on me promise!

He starts to go for the door then looks to his hand.

well, maybe I should grab me axe first ...

He gathers his axe and shield from the wall next to him. All alcohol seemingly gone from him he smacks his axe on his shield

ye ruined a perfectly good evening! Now this old dwarf is gonna teach ye ugly face some proper manners ye half twit son of a goblin! Come in at yer own peril less ye be afriaid!

Ivan spends the first round getting his axe and shield and moving towards the door.


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

Laro lifts his head off the table. "Wasss that? Oh my head is pounding. No wait that's the door! Time to finish him!" Laro gets up and draws his rapier.


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Thallan sees if he's got a clear shot from a window.


Male Dwarf Monk 1/Fighter 1 HP 21, AC 19/13/16, Saves 6/5/3, Init +2, Perception +5

[HP 5/10]

"Thanks, Lorkan. I hope I can make use of your divine healing."

Gilbert gets up, draws his temple sword and prepares to deal with the orog.


Uther draws his sword and readies himself for combat.

Either to charge out the door and attack or wait for the bad guys to come in, depending on the tactical situation.


Thallan rushes to a shuttered window and throws open the shutter. The narrow opening and awkward position of the entryway allow a shot, but a slightly covered one. (-2 to fire through the window, but +6 for cover in the window).

The orog is waiting outside as the sounds of a massive battle in the courtyard is heard.

Party up in any order


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Thallan shoots!

atk, orog, longbow, favored, window: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 16
dmg, orog, longbow, favored: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6
Thallan Mourne wrote:

Thallan shoots!

Over here, you big oaf!


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

Assuming the last spell went off on Gilbert With the half-spent scroll in hand, the cleric of Sarenrae approaches Thallan, and offers him a touch of divine guidance as he keeps an eye out for injuries to his allies.

MA Move to be by Thallan. SA Cast guidance on Thallan - +1 competence bonus to one attack roll, saving throw or skill check, one minute duration.


Male Dwarf Monk 1/Fighter 1 HP 21, AC 19/13/16, Saves 6/5/3, Init +2, Perception +5

HP 5/10

Heedless of danger, Gilbert will go up to the Orog and attempt to strike it.

attack (including +1 vs orc) and damage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

Ivan Barrels out the doorway, slamming right into the Orog, his axe leading.

acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1 emm... well then. lol
BARRELINGCHARGE: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

ac is 19 until next turn

THat'll Learn ye, ye fat goblin!


(I am not sure where Ivan is....assume he is next to orog on the map, so Uther is as close as he can be).

Sgt Uther tries to chop at the thug next to him as best he can!

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 to hit (not figuring in any negatives for the corner, as I am not sure what they would be....)

2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5) + 7 = 14 damage if he does hit


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Laro moves from his spot beside the door in the the shadows and stabs the thug.

Rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"You big ugly green things are in for it now! I'll chop you off at the knees!"


bad guys:
orog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 82d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 8) + 6 = 201d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 232d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 8) + 6 = 16
perception thugs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
thugs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16orog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 212d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17

Thallan fires missing. Ivan barrels out and rushes up to the orog drawing two devastating swings, one of which connects (16hp damage). Laro attempts to stab around the corner, but the cover prevents him from landing an attack on a thug. Luther attacks a thug and the cover of the corner prevents him from landing a blow.

The thugs attack Ivan and Gilbert from the flanks and miss with swortswords!!!

The orog steps back again and unloads a shot at Uther unable to strike Ivan due to his pole arm being too long and Uther falls down(17 damage), having prepared his attacks carefully and with guile.

The orog had a readied attack--obviously he is used to using his reach to great advantage

Party Up -- As this encounter will level the rest of the party -- all can level to 2 now. Uther may be up after 17 damage at level 2


Male Dwarf Monk 1/Fighter 1 HP 21, AC 19/13/16, Saves 6/5/3, Init +2, Perception +5

Damage report: 5

Gilbert will attempt to go around the Orog.

acrobatics vs Orog CMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Well, that didn't work. He'll get a swing at me.

Then, Gilbert will make a single attack against the Orog.

grapple attempt, includes +1 vs Orc: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

GET BACK HERE YE GREEN OAF!
Ivan moves up to keep pace with the orog (5ft step) Then lifts his shield and lowers into a slightly more defensive stance, the strike still stinging his side.

ohhhh, that'll probably bruise that will.

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 (+1 damage from both if no ally is to Ivans left or right, AC is 23)

gilbert, I think you may have saved my bacon friend!


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

"Hold still ya big green meanie!", Laro screams at the orc as he steps 5' outside and lashes out with his rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

With a stoic face, Lorkan tucks away the scroll and draws the scimitar as the cleric prepares to join the inevitable fray.

MA Sheath scroll. SA Draw scimitar and move towards door.


Uther takes a big hit and decides to stay near the door keeping the thug busy

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 to hit
2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11 for damage if he hits


Gilbert fails to dodge around the thugs and orog.
DM: 1d1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 ⇒ 5
AoO orog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 82d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 6 = 16
Jasper: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 183d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 5 = 18[/spoiler]
Uther hits the orog hard, and Gilbert masterfully dodges blows to get into a flanking position and actually puts the orog in a hold.

Charging out of the crowd, Jasper flanks with Gilbert and delivers a rapier strike to the held orog in the neck. The orog topples to the ground, dead.

Seeing the brute dead, the garrison cheer and rallies. The bandits stop their looting and run for the walls. Many injured townsfolk and guards need medical attention, and many are beyond medical attention.

Combat OVER!!


Male Human Cleric 2 | HP: 17/17 CH 2/5 | AC: 18, T: 11, FF: 18 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +7 | Melee: +3, Ranged: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | Init: +0, Perception: +3

Lorkan heaves a sigh of relief at the retreating horde, and sheathes his blade as he begins moving about helping the injured.


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

Laro yells at the retreating orc he was facing, "Come back here you big green coward! I've got steel for you to taste!" He runs after the orc to the wall, making sure he doesn't get close to any of the orcs and watches them run away, trying to see where they go.


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

ivan stares at jasper for a moment then bellows.

ye took me kill! BAH!


Uther leans heavily on his sword, panting. That was closer than he liked.


The orog defeated, the will of the raiders is broken.

Rumors abound of a mage hurling fire from the top of the tower to fell many a bandit.

Jasper looks at the dwarf with some surprise.
"You want to take the credit, you can. I think it is more important to make sure he falls rather than determine who puts him down."


Moving the story along

The town congratulates you for saving their fort, and despite trying to keep a quiet role, Jasper is singled out as the hero that put the orog down.

Malik insists on you getting on the road to move to your next destination. As you approach the river to ford it, you notice two wagons of orcs crossing the river. This time you have complete surprise!!

Turning the tables on the eight orcs and a single orog leader, the fight is quick and decisive as you catch the orcs by surprise in a vulnerable time. Two wagons are captured with military supplies and 1000gold pieces worth of ingots. Malik mentions that with the orcs moving war materials in this area, that is bad news. The orc captives reveal nothing and Malik gets the caravan underway.

After the ambush Jasmalus quickly approaches you with a solemn look and studies you.

"I have been withdrawn and secretive, but I had my reasons. The death of my brother and other events have force my hand--and I reveal myself. My brother is not Jetero, that is a lie. My brother was Jasmalus and he was the merchant. I am a special Taldan agent reporting directly to the king. I was to pose as my brother and secretly scout the borderlands and track orc movements.
In my small book here, I have all my military notes. It points to one conclusion: Moving troops and supplies in the dead of night our enemies have set up a secret base within Taldor itself. The raids have covered up the plot to set up a strong point in our very lands.
Someone has betrayed my position with the Taldane command, and the orcs attacked my brother SPECIFICALLY. Only a few knew of my ruse, and it means a TRAITOR IS IN OUR MIDST!!
I cannot deliver this book myself. You must visit one of the king's scouts in the area named Jeremiah at a safehouse and deliver this book to him."

As you travel to the spot on the hasty map drawn by Jetero, you find a pair of rocks in the river that lean against each other forming the inverted 'V' on the map. You hear a rustling in the bushes, and fearing the worst, you rush with weapons drawn to confront...... a six year old human child with thin brown hair in a ponytail that is scared to death.


M Dwarf Drillmaster of the Order, Rough, gruff and blunt. He is a harsh and boisterous dwarf and expects much from new recruits. Often earning their ire for a time.

IT WAS ME YE DURNED FOOLS Ivan's bellowing can be heard throughout the night.

I AD'EM LINED RIGHT UP UNDER ME AXE. That fella just stole it what I tell ya!

-----
After the spy confesses Ivan shrugs, then speaks.

To be honest laddie, Ah' couldn't be carin' less whether O' not ye humans sell out to orcs. Ah' signed up here fer guard duty and tha chance to cut some orcs up. Ye wantin' me to abandon that contract and be takin' that book to someone what might be anotha' spy, I be wantin' some good pay. Seems to me that takin' that book is a death warrant laddie. I'm in, but only if it pays big.

Ivan matter of factually speaks to him with a serious face.

I'll also be taking me pick of the new loot ifin' ye don't mind.

Ivan rummages around through the captured supplies, selecting the choicest of ingots to take with him.


Well, Uther has seen ambushes using waifs as bait (or at least heard of them anyway).

So he maintains a watch on the surrounding area and trusts those with better people skills to talk to the lad.


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Thallan communes to divine if the boy is... Evil. A dark creature in disguise.

Detect Evil.


Before Thallan can even begin.....

Suddenly, a shadowed humanoid figure crashes the bushes seeming out of nowhere. Its jagged teeth flash in the moonlight as it sweeps away the brush with the mighty stroke of a heavily muscled tail. Beneath a reptilian set of scales mighty muscles ripple and its forked tongue hisses with glistening spit. Before you realize it, it has a bowstring pointed at you at point blank range.

Clearly you are at a disadvantage.

"Unhand the girl, Banditssess!!!"


Male Elf Paladin 1/Ranger 1 | 13/16 | AC 18/14/15 | F 5/R 6/W 3 | Init +3 | Perc +6

Thallan steps between the reptilian and the others, unarmed. Not bandits... Guards. Who are you?


Male Halfling Rogue 6| AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | HP 51/51| F +6 R +11 W +4; +2 v Fear | Init +8 | Perc +11

While the weapons are aimed at the big people Laro tires to blend into the shadows and bushes.
Watch for twigs. No! Not there. Over there that's better. Be one with the shadows.
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Spoiler PER:
Lizard: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18disable: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Uther stares at the thing and thinks hmmm. Must still be in the infantry. Things are going pear-shaped again

We mean no one any harm - lest they mean harm to us

perception test
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


The little girl smiles and runs up to the reptilian creature.
"Mr. Iggy!!" He keeps his bow in his left hand as he deftly scoops up the little girl, but the arrow stays cradled between his left fingers and the bow.

The reptilian responds: "I told you to call me Jeremiah." At the point you recognize the name as the agent you were supposed to meet and show him the notebook.

Taking Sarah Jean's hand in his own, he beckons for you to follow him and leads you down a well disguised trail, into a thicket of thorns, and to a well maintained cabin. Once inside you see the small but warm light in the hearth by a fireplace and a chubby woman in a green gown. She smiles at you and nods at Jermiah as the girl runs up to the woman. A group of many small children appear and pepper Sarah Jean with questions and excitedly point to you.

He motions you to two low benches and reads the journal you provided him. A few of the group remind you of the urgent warning of the Sergeant that sent you to kill all lizardfolk as traitors on sight.

The lady Alexia introduces herself as a devotee of the Green Religion and devout priestess of nature. Jeremiah, she explains, is probably the premier ranger ever to take service under a Taldane King. His forays across the river into enemy lands have formed the basis of almost all maps and intelligence over the years.

Jermiah nods, and says: "I agree with Jetero, there is a traitor in the mix. A secret base and a traitor, both of which must be dealt with, or Taldor's enemies can launch a crippling blow here that will pave the way for a second front. One Taldor cannot hold. Do you have any clues??"

301 to 350 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Intrigue in Taldor -- Group 2 -- Pathfinder Core Rules All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.