Kingmaker. Footsteps to the empty throne.

Game Master DBH

Strangers, friends and even lovers. You have gathered together for your own reasons to explore and make safe the perilous region to the south known to all only as the Stolen lands.

Charter

The Greenbelt

Charter of rulership

Silverhold map

Kingdom shreadsheet

Stolen lands Map RRR

Notices 2

The lair


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,994 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Are you sure you want to do that?

Melianse shakes her head. "No, I don't want saplings, I want fully grown shade trees!"

She thinks a bit then brightens. "I know! The Dryad to the west has some tree tokens. If you get five off her to replace my trees then everything is settled."

What is your response?


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

Lisl purses her lips but if Isabel or Darian glances at her she nods subtly.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Muse-Touched Aasimar Mesmerist 6 |HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM +10, Bluff +13(18), Dip +16, Intim +16, UMD +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/4 | Mesmerist Tricks: 4/6| MM (CL3) 25, LB (CL5) 28 Active conditions:

"We're going west anyway..." Isabel glances to Lisl and, receiving her nod (and Freya's presumably) offers her hand to the fey.

"Then we have our accord. I'm glad this could be resolved without bloodshed."

Dispatching the loggers with a letter of introduction to Akiros (or Ludi if Akiros can't read) Isabel insists on riding a mile or two with them to make sure they don't renege on the deal before turning west again.

"So we're looking for a dryad. Hopefully she'll be friendly." She says with a smile.


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

”Agreed. I’ve heard tales of Fey Queens...” Darian says cryptically without looking at his wife, less his poker face might falter and his jest not strike home.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Private stuff:

encounter?: 1d100 ⇒ 1
random: 1d100 ⇒ 7
number: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

You travel west, the woods are deep now and nearly completely unmarked by any of civilizations marks. After a days travel you encounter a recently made trail where a group of large humanoids have passed by heading north and east.

Survival DC21:

Trolls, at least four of the brutes and only a few hours ago.

What are you doing now?


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian reigns in his horse and signals for a halt before dismounting and looking over the trail. ”Anyone have an idea as to what made this trail?”

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Survival: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 12 + (1) = 29 (free use of inspiration)

Freya regards the tracks momentarily before responding. "Trolls. At least four of them, maybe three or four hours ago."

"Do we wish to pursue them, or shall we continue on toward the dryad?"


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian squats down beside the tracks and thinks a moment. ”Trolls moving through the land we are responsible for is a big risk. The dryad is a side errand...let us deal with the threat and then resume our trek to meet with her,” he says as he stands. He remounts his horse and calls out ”Dante!”

The head of the groups personal guard rides up and asks ”Sir?”

”Find a suitable place to establish camp, while we track and deal with these trolls. Try not to harm the land, we are guests here after all. Find a nice natural clearing. We will return shortly,” Darian says as he reigns his horse around in the direction of the troll trail.

”As you command, my lord,” Dante replies. He turns back to the men and begins ordering riders to search for a good defensible position fitting the ordered description to set up the camp.

”Let’s move out! Lord Orlovsky, if you’d be so kind to take point as Lady Vel...I mean...as Freya tracks them?”


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya allows herself a small smirk as Darian "corrects" himself.

"Alright, after the trolls it is." Turning to her faithful companion she says, "Come on Fenrir, let's find these green-skinned behemoths."

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 12 + (6) = 34 (free use of inspiration)
Aid Survival (Tracking) - Fenrir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Looks like a total of 36, that should do. :)


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

"Trolls?" Josef doesn't sound particularly happy. "Those are pretty hard to keep down. What have we got for them?" Even as he whines and complains about the beating to come, he moves forward and starts following the trail as best he can.


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

”I do not know much of trolls,” says Lisl. ”What do we need?”


Are you sure you want to do that?

Knowledge local DC21:

Troll

CE Large humanoid (giant)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 14; (+2 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 63 (6d8+36); regeneration 5 (acid or fire)
Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d8+5), 2 claws +8 (1d6+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d6+7)

TACTICS
During Combat Trolls are single-minded berserkers in combat. They attack the nearest foe without hesitation and don’t stop until that foe is down.

Morale Because of their regenerative abilities, trolls are fearless. Even flames or the presence of acid don’t slow them down—they always fight to the death.

Languages Giant

ECOLOGY
Environment cold mountains
Organization solitary or gang (2–4)
Treasure standard

The Trolls are not in any particular hurry it seems, you soon close in enough to hear them talking to each other idly as they stroll along.

Map up top for this, you are entering at the bottom of the map.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Gonna use Loremaster (may as well, haven't as of yet! lol)

As they ride, Darian reminisces quietly. "My father, back in Kintargo, he loved to hunt. He would go out with a group at least once a week during the warm months to find some game. Depending on what they found, they'd either fix it in a big group dinner, or he'd sell the excess to a local butcher."

"Anyway. One evening I remember he came home, and the men weren't as...jovial as usual. Several men had died, and they didn't have any game. He later told me about how they had come across a troll hunting the same elk that they were after. He said the troll tore into them like a fearless nightmare. Talked about how it ripped men's arms off like they were twigs on an old dead tree. Bit another in half like a strip of jerky. It took all they could throw at it to bring it down, but it wouldn't stay down. Got back up and tore my dad's houndmaster's leg off. He said the things wounds just kept closing on their own like magic. Eventually, they burned the thing while a few of the men kept stabbing it to just keep it down. The fire seemed to do the trick."

After a brief pause, he adds "He later told me he had learned that acid worked well against the beasts too. So on his future hunts, he always carried a flask of acid and a flask of alchemist fire with him. I believe we have a couple flasks of the fire with us. We should distribute those. And when we get them down, pile them up and burn them. After we get the troll blood we need, of course..."
__________

When the trolls can be heard, Darian reigns in his horse and dismounts, tying it off to a nearby tree. As he does, he gets his bow and whispers to the others "Let's do what we can at range first, we should be able to get at least one volley off before they close. Bring them down one at a time as fast as possible, and someone try and burn them whenever possible to keep them down."

He then lights a torch and puts it in his shield sconce for easy retrieval later before moving up slowly as the group makes preparations...

Prep:
Light a torch and put it in my shield sconce
Mirror Image 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Images + Darian
Vanish
Inspire Courage
Allegro
Attack

Stealth, Vanish: 1d20 + 10 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 20 = 33
Ranged Attack, Allegro, IC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 25 + any other buffs given out pre-combat
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Ranged Attack, Allegro, IC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 23 + any other buffs given out pre-combat
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

Johanna uses a charge of her wand before the group approaches too close. (45/50 charges)

"I have not fought such a creature either just heard stories. I am ready as I can be. Do we have a plan other than get them?"


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Josef shrugs at the question, but nods and points at Darian as he answers. "That sounds right."

As Darian goes through the effort of lighting a torch and placing it, Josef throws his light stone into orbiting his head. "Ranged it is. I hope."

Longbow w/ IC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28 Plus any other bonuses added by later postings
Piercing w/ IC: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

Iterative Longbow w/ IC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 - 5 = 26 Plus any other bonuses added by later postings
Piercing w/ IC: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

When the group starts preparations, Lisl bows her head and prays feverishly for a multitude of blessings, hoping that this might turn the tide.

Bless
Prayer
Shield of Faith - on Josef
Magic Weapon - on Josef
Divine Favor


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

For clarification - MW on the bow or the sword? I figure probably the sword, but since you didn't specify, I'm asking. And, thank you, again.

Assuming the sword, that becomes a 30 TH for 10 HP and a 28 TH for 10 HP. Nice round of attacks for a back-up weapon!

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Muse-Touched Aasimar Mesmerist 6 |HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM +10, Bluff +13(18), Dip +16, Intim +16, UMD +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/4 | Mesmerist Tricks: 4/6| MM (CL3) 25, LB (CL5) 28 Active conditions:

Isabel, with almost nothing she can offer in the protective department, draws her latest wand and holds it in a 'ready position'.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24 LB: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 6, 5) = 21


Are you sure you want to do that?

Red yelps in shock as 4 arrows sink deep into his back.

Waiting for Freya.


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

"Fenrir, stay close for now." Freya commands her companion before casting a spell in hopes of blinding a pair of the trolls.

Assuming Green and Red are the only two that we can see for targeting purposes, those two will get a glitterdust, Will Save DC 15.


Are you sure you want to do that?

will save red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
will save Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Oh well, at least those weren't attack rolls. :)


Are you sure you want to do that?

The Trolls turn and seek out the source of the attack.

Lumbering your way with arrogant confidence.

Init:

Init Trolls: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Init Josef: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Init Isabel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Init Freya: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Lisl: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Init Darian: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Init Johanna: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The party may now act, except for Lisl. She goes after the Trolls next actions.


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Someone please move my token in a 5’ step at an angle towards the trolls please.

Darian steps forward and let’s loose another volley of arrows at the front troll!

Attack, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage, IC, Prayer: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Attack, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage, IC, Prayer: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Hoping to keep the trolls at bay, or at least slow them down, Freya casts a spell that causes the plant life to write and grab at the creature's legs.

Entangle (as shown on the map), DC 14 Reflex Save.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Muse-Touched Aasimar Mesmerist 6 |HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM +10, Bluff +13(18), Dip +16, Intim +16, UMD +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/4 | Mesmerist Tricks: 4/6| MM (CL3) 25, LB (CL5) 28 Active conditions:

Isabel circles to find the best line of fire for her wand and unleashes another lightning bolt. Unfortunately the wand crackles, but doesn't fire.

UMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 LB: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 5, 3) = 15


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Also on my phone. Won't have normal access until Saturday or Sunday. Move me 1 North as a 5' step.

Longbow w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 15
Piercing w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7

Longbow Iterative w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 29
Piercing w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13

Confirm/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 26
Piercing w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 2d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16
For 29 from the second arrow. Makes up for the Nat 1, I think.


Are you sure you want to do that?

ref save vs Entangle Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
ref save vs Entangle Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
ref save vs Entangle Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
ref save vs Entangle Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Red drops as Darian & Josef turn him into a porcupine, Josef putting one well placed arrow into his throat.

Green howls in anger as the plants bind him in place.

Yellow & Orange force their way though to plants, hurrying to reach you.

Lizl may act, then looping back to everyone else again.


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

Round 1

Johanna moves to the front rank and readies to take a 5' step and attack the first one to come within 10'. She will also be parrying any attacks that comes her way.

Round 2

As the group brings down one of the creatures she continues her plan to protect the front readying to step and attack while parrying any attacks that comes at her.


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

Lisl blasts the trolls with a burst of radiance, a flare of white-hot energy that flashes them with blinding light!

DC 15 Ref save to avoid blindness. Success is dazzled instead. Any evil creature takes full damage, save does not reduce.

Burst of radiance damage: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 2, 1) = 12

Blindness/dazzle duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds


Are you sure you want to do that?

Ref save vs Burst of radiance Red - Unconscious: 1d20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 5 = 14
Ref save vs Burst of radiance Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Ref save vs Burst of radiance Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Ref save vs Burst of radiance Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

duration:

duration Blind Red: 1d4 ⇒ 4
duration Blind Orange: 1d4 ⇒ 2
duration Blind Green: 1d4 ⇒ 2
duration Dazzled Yellow: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Ok, Red, Green & Orange are blind, Yellow is dazzled.

Darian, Josef & Isabel may go, Joanna is ready to defend.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Muse-Touched Aasimar Mesmerist 6 |HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM +10, Bluff +13(18), Dip +16, Intim +16, UMD +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/4 | Mesmerist Tricks: 4/6| MM (CL3) 25, LB (CL5) 28 Active conditions:

Isabel keeps shifting, lining up another lightning bolt and trying to catch the downed troll in it - hopefully the heat of a lightning bolt will keep it down permanently!

UMD: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22 LB: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 1, 6) = 15

Should be able to get Red and Orange I think.


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian continues letting arrows fly, this time at the next nearest troll.
__________
Need another 5’ step...so I should now be where Josef’s token currently is, as he took a step last round too. Attacking Orange.

Attack, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 28
Damage, IC, Prayer: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Attack, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage, IC, Prayer: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Since Red is down, for now, Josef will shoot at the next closest. Looks like a toss-up between Orange or Green, actually, but Orange is probably the one closer to Darian, so I'll put my arrows with his . . ..

Longbow w/ IC, Bless & Prayer vs blind opponent: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26
Piercing w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Longbow Iterative w/ IC, Bless & Prayer vs blind opponent: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 14
Piercing w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9


Are you sure you want to do that?

ref save vs lightning bolt Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
ref save vs lightning bolt Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

ref save vs entangle Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
ref save vs entangle Orange - Blinded: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
ref save vs entangle Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Red & Orange are now entangled

Yellow forces his way to the end of the entanglement area.

Blinded and entangled is a nasty mix.

Isabel bolts Red & Orange.

Darian & Josef pepper Orange with arrows.

The party may now act.

GM rule, if they are blind they can't escape being entangled. Blinded creatures need to make acrobatics checks to move at all.


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya reaches for a wand and utilizes its protective magic while waiting for the trolls to come within the range of her spells.


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian rushes up to the very edge of the writhing, grasping plant life and let’s another arrow fly at the troll nearest its edge.
__________
Attack at Yellow, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 29
Damage, IC, Prayer: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Again, can someone move me please?


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

Lisl advances somewhat so that she is in range for her prayer spell to both affect the party beneficially and hinder the trolls.

DC 16 Will save for trolls to avoid taking a -1 on basically everything.

Also moved Darian's token.


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Josef adjusts his position, slightly, and continues throwing arrows at whichever target Darian selects.

Longbow w/ IC, Bless & Prayer vs Yellow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12

Longbow Iterative w/ IC, Bless & Prayer vs Yellow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 23
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12

WOW. Both should hit and both for max damage.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Joanna & Isabel still to come. Red is still regenerating.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Muse-Touched Aasimar Mesmerist 6 |HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: 2, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM +10, Bluff +13(18), Dip +16, Intim +16, UMD +10 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/4 | Mesmerist Tricks: 4/6| MM (CL3) 25, LB (CL5) 28 Active conditions:

Seeing one troll down and out, although still regenerating, Isabel pulls a vial of alchemists fire out and hurls it towards the comatose troll.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Are you sure you want to do that?

Ok, Red is now really dead.

Yellow grunts in annoyance as Darien & Josef put arrows into him, forcing his way out of the entangling plants he begins to push through the brush towards you.

Joanna readies for when he gets close.

Green & Orange are blind still, so they don't do anything more than struggle in the plants.

will save vs Prayer Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
will save vs Prayer Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
will save vs Prayer Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The party may now act. Yellow has partial cover on you this round


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Josef steps towards the only troll which seems an immediate threat before trying to put more arrows in it.

Longbow w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12

Longbow Iterative w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 24
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian drops his bow on the ground and draws his sword as he advances on the troll that has escaped the entanglement. He thrusts it up towards its rib cage as the blade flares with a bit more of his internal magic.
__________
Attack Yellow in melee, Arcane Strike.
Attack Yellow, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage, IC, AS, Prayer: 1d10 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11


Female N Human Herb Witch 3 / Wild Whisperer Druid 3 / Mystic Theurge 0 | HP: 42/42 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 FF) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +10 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +15 (+17), Sense Motive: +5 (+7) + 1d6 | Speed 30ft | Herb Lore 6/6 | Inspiration 4/5 | Fenrir HP: 54/54; AC 26 (Mage Armor, Barkskin,Magic Fang) | Muninn HP: 21/21 | Active conditions: None

Freya conjures a ball of molten metal in her hand and hurls it in the direction of the free troll.

Molten Orb: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 23 (vs. touch AC, inspire, bless, prayer, cover)
Damage (Fire): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 + 1 = 10 (inspire, prayer)
Additional Rounds (1d6 each): 1d3 ⇒ 3
Damage (Fire) Round 2: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Damage (Fire) Round 3: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Damage (Fire) Round 4: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Are you sure you want to do that?

Yellow takes Josef's arrows and Darian's blade with anger, but Freya's spell makes him shriek in fear until he collapses dead.

On 0HP when you used that spell. :)

Green & Orange regain their sight and lurch to their feet, bellowing in rage.

STR Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
STR Green: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Orange still struggles with the plants, but Green tears himself free and makes the edge of the zone.

All his actions used up getting there though.

Lisl, then everybody else may act.


HP: 52/52 | AC: 19(Current 21), Touch: 14(Current 16), FF: 15| Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +2 | Perception: +14(+16 vs Traps) | Init:+10

Sorry all work was busy opening a new office, things settling back down now and looks like you just kept firing arrow for a bit anyway. :)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 = 30 (Prayer)

Johanna tumbles in close trying to avoid the Trolls long limbs.

Parry if Tumble failed: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 23 (IC,Bless,Prayer)

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22 (IC,Bless,Prayer)
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 14 (IC,Prayer)


Female Human Cleric of Abadar 5 | 33/33 HP | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +9 | Initiative +0 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 4/5 | Inspiring Word 2/6 | Shield Bearer 0/1

Lisl, meanwhile, gives Johanna a bit of inspiration. "Surely these should be no trouble for you."

Using inspiring word on Johanna for +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 2 rounds.

This happens before she takes her turn, so that should improve her acrobatics, parry, and attack as well, though it hardly seems like she needs it!


Are you sure you want to do that?

Joanna you make it without being hit. Waiting on the rest of the gang.

Joanna moves in under the flailing arms of Green and cuts deeply.


Human Bard 6| AC 20 FF 17 T 11| HP 49/49| F +4 R +8 W +6| Init +1| Percep +9
Buffs:
Inspire Courage, Bull’s Strength, Tongues

Darian slashes our with his sword against the troll that had moved up to the edge beside him. His enhanced speed allows him to make two speedy slices at the advancing troll.
___________
Attack Yellow, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage, IC, AS, Prayer: 1d10 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
Attack Yellow, IC, Bless, Prayer, Allegro: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage, IC, AS, Prayer: 1d10 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 16


M Human Fighter (Aldori Defender) 5/Aldori Swordlord 1 | HP38/46 | AC20 T14 F17 CMD21+ | F+6 R+6 W+2 | 20) | I+5 | Perc+0

Not climbing into the Entangle for a chance to swing at him. Nope. Not gonna do it.

"You could have kept using the bow, contributing excellently, and let the swordsman close to the edge of the spell, you know. Now there's just no room for me to join you."

Josef adjust slightly again, before seeing if he can't shoot to the left of his companions and still strike the closer moving troll.

Longbow w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 6

Longbow Iterative w/ IC, Bless & Prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 17
Piercing w/ IC & Prayer: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5

:facepalm:

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,994 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker. Footsteps to the empty throne. Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.