Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,031 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

:: Rova 31 - Dawn - Fountain Room ::

@Everyone - It's okay this time, but in the future if you want to use healing before going to sleep, please use it before I move the game ahead. In the future if you wait until morning to heal, it will need to be done with spells for that day. If you feel I didn't give enough time for you to sort out everything you want to do at night please let me know.

@Alezandu - Regaining the point of constitution will return the wound points without additional healing.

This winding tunnel leads down until it abruptly ends in a wide pit. Rungs have been carved into the side of the pit, allowing creatures to climb up and down as easily as they might a ladder. The bottom of the pit is in completely dark with no ambient lighting like on this level. You can see down about 10 to 15 feet at this point.

While examining the pit, Elyas notices that one of the stalactites above the pit is quivering.

Remember you move at one quarter speed while climbing (or half speed by making the climb check with a -5 penalty). The DC for the pit when using the hand holds is 0 (ladder like) so it should be easy going.

Alezandu Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Claustipher Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Elyas Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Falcon Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas steps to the edge of the pit, looking down into the darkness. he then looks up and sees some movement in one of the stalactites.

Watch out, it looks like at least one of those rocks above us is not well-planted. we should be watchful in case one of them falls from its place...

Elyas then casts Light on a rock from the cave floor and drops it in the hole to give a little light and to see how far down the pit goes.


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit ::

The rock Elyas drops plummets downward. After about 20 feet the light coming from the stone illuminates a floor. Another 20 feet down and it hits the floor with solid smack, and then clatters noisily to halt as it skitters across the floor, illuminating a mirror like marble floor.

It also appears that the walls of the pit stop about 20 feet above the floor.

There are 20 feet of pit with hand holds, then 20 feet of open air, then a floor. Total height of 40 feet to the floor below you.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Well, we've wasted enough time, I'm first.", Olivia goes ahead and starts descending.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Does anyone have a long rope? that last 20 feet there is a bit of a fall...


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon takes out his 100 feet of rope, but he doesn’t have anything to secure it with, though maybe there’s something in the other room he can tie it to.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu withdraws the climber's kit from his bag and offers Falcon a piton.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Perfect. Yorc, would you aid us please? We need someone to stay up here and anchor the rope and watch our backs. would you be willing to do this for us?


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher simply waits knowing there is little chance he can climb up or down the rope.


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit ::

"Yes, I'll hold the rope." Yorc says, "We should probably knot it aw well, for hand holds."

With the rope knotted and lowered down, Olivia clambers down until she can see the room below. This vast chamber seems more finished than the upper chambers. Walls of smooth masonry stones intersect a mirrorlike marble floor. A statue of a twisting, insectile form stands in the center of the large chamber, as if a beetle-like god were flowing like water. Reliefs along alcoves to the east and west depict rough-hewn reptilian forms gathered around a step pyramid. Rough purple gems have been wedged into the reliefs, forming starburst patterns.

The southern wall has partially collapsed, cracking the floor
and blocking what was once the only hall leading out of the
room behind tons of stone and rubble.

Olivia can see that there are two doors, one in the east wall and one in the west wall, that were likely secret at one point. The floor and lower walls of the room look completely free of dust and debris. Spotless.

Above, everyone notices two of the stalactites are quivering now.

Olivia Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia points her bardiche at the stalactites and stays silent, readying herself for something bad to happen. She gestures for the others to descend quickly.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon nimbly slips down the rope and moves away from the opening so others can come. He picks up the light rock and goes to examine the collapsed area to try to guess how old the collapse is.

He has no relevant skills here, and was just going to look to see how much dust had settled. If there’s none, he becomes alarmed.

”If this is just a hole to toss criminals in, most of whom don’t come out, where are their bodies?”


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas follows next, climbing down the rope

Is a check required here? I see that you didn't do one for Olivia, does that mean that the knotted rope is easy enough to get down, or do we need climb checks?
if needed:
climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13

Once on the ground Elyas looks around at the room, impressed at how different it looks.

he looks with some curiousity at the statue, trying to remember if he knows of this particular deity (assuming it is actually a god and not a historical figure)
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Knotted rope is DC 5, so taking 10 should be safe. If those stalactites start doing more than just quivering, taking 10 might not be an option.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

In the interest of not being impaled, Alezandu waits for the stalactites to either stop their quivering or fall before descending the rope. If they simply continue vibrating, he warns those below to move out of the way and then begins throwing rocks at them.


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Olivia, Falcon, and Elyas finish the descent. As Falcon moves toward the collapsed area, and Elyas examines the statue, both notice a quivering, nearly translucent cube behind the statue. All three adventurers realize that its a Gelatinous cube quite quickly from all the horror stories they've heard of them

At about the same moment, Alezandu hurls a rock at the stalactites. The rock hits one with a soft squishy noise. Suddenly, both the quivering stalactites drop and tentacles appear as one dives towards Alezandu and the other dives down the hole.

Claustipher recognizes them as dark mantles. They generally disguise themselves as stalactites and try to grapple their prey.

Alezandu Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Falcon Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Claustipher Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Elyas Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Olivia Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Darkmantle Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Darkmantle Purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Gelatinous cube: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Purple Darkmantle, Red Darkmantle, Gelatinous Cube, Claustipher, Elyas
Round 2 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Purple Darkmantle, Red Darkmantle, Gelatinous Cube, Claustipher, Elyas

People in bold are up. The yellow dashed out line is the pit top and bottom. Sorry for the delay setting this up.

Purple darkmantle is still about 15 feet above Alezandu, the other one is diving quickly through the pit. Those in the lower level are unaware of the darkmantles.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu shouts, "The stalactites are attacking!" to those in the pit below before stepping back and snapping off a pair of arrows at the darkmantle above him.

Attack @Purple +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 26
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10
Bonus Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 = 17

Attack @Purple +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 9
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Great! So is this gelatinous cube down here. Maybe they can kill each other?”

Is Alezandu’s warning enough to help Falcon notice the incoming darkmantle?


yep


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon readies a stunning fist attack for when the darkmantle moves within reach.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Alas, that is unlikely to succeed.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Oh no."

Olivia will step closer to Falcon and ready herself to smack whatever comes close first, darkmantle or gelatinous cube.

Readied Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 3 = 11

If anything attacks Falcon she'll also spend onu AoO to improve Falcon's AC w/ Bodyguard

Bodyguard(if aplicable):

Bodyguard: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 1 = 15


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

With Alezandu's shout, Olivia and Falcon prepare for an attack from above. While both Olivia's and Falcon's attacks miss the darkmantle as if rushes downward, Olivia protectively screens Falcon.

The darkmantle hurtles through the pit, slamming into Olivia's head and grasping with its tentacles, Olivia manages to keep them at bay however. Olivia takes 4 damage.

At the top of the pit, Alezandu calmly draws, sights, and fires. The arrow rips through the darkmantle leaving it to smack into the side of the pit, dead.

Back at the bottom, the gelatinous cube simply tries to engulf both Falcon and Olivia. You can either make a reflex save to avoid it or make an attack of opportunity. Make the choice and your reound 2 actions at the same time, I'll adjudicate.

Red Darkmantle vs Olivia

Slam w/ Charge and Higher ground: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 19
Slam w/ Charge and Higher ground adv.: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Purple Darkmantle, Red Darkmantle, Gelatinous Cube, Claustipher, Elyas
Round 2 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Red Darkmantle, Gelatinous Cube, Claustipher, Elyas


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu steps forward to peer into the pit and begins firing down at the other darkmantle.

Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 1 - 2 = 22
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11
Attack -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 1 - 2 = 22
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Falcon hops back clear of the cube then stabs at it with the tiger fork.

Attack flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Attack flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Do i get AoOs for having reach against the darkmantle and the cube?

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Olivia takes a quick step to the side and brings her bardiche down on the gelatinous cube.

Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 3 = 9


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Unable to climb down Claustipher can do little more then wait to see what happens unless he can somehow catch a glimps.

[spoiler = If he has line of site]
If he can see from above he whispers a few magic words and a beam of searing heat lashes out at the cube.

Scorching Ray vs Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damge: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 2) = 10

[/spoiler]


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves around behind the cube (taking the long way to avoid an AoO) and hacks at it with his longsword

longsword, flanking, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

You should still roll damage on your second attack Falcon. oozes tend to be very low AC, it could have still been a hit.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

2nd damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

@Rillka, yes you'd get an AoO against both of them, make one against the ooze in you next post. I though you had your battle axe out still, but that was a mistake on my part. Could you put what weapon you have out in ooc text in your posts going forward when it would matter? It would help me a lot.

Claustipher walks over, trying to find a shot at the gelatinous cube, but isn't able to.

Elyas moves around and slices at the ooze, cutting some of it away. Olivia follows up with a cut of her own. Falcon flurries, sending bits flying everywhere. After the battering the ooze has taken, it is pretty beat up. It is the ooze version of bloodied now.

Alezandu follows up his first assault by pin cushioning the second dark mantle, slaying it.

Surrounded, the ooze bashes at Falcon, the one that hurt it most. The slime hammers Falcon in the chest, bludgeoning and burning him. Falcon tries to react, but quickly realized he can't move. Falcon takes 3 bludgeoning damage and 2 acid damage. Falcon is also paralyzed for 8 rounds.

Slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5

Falcon Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Rounds: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8

Initiative

Round 2 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Gelatinous Cube (-34), Claustipher, Elyas
Round 3 - Olivia, Falcon, Alezandu, Gelatinous Cube, Claustipher, Elyas

Ya, the ooze has 4 AC, so just don't roll a 1.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Noted

AoO vs Ooze: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 = 9Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 = 7

Seeing how slow to react the ooze is, Olivia goes all in on her offense, trying to end the ooze as soon as she can.

Attack(Power Attack+Risky Striker): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 10

AC is 18/13/15 because of Risky Striker


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas sees Falcon freeze up as the ooze hits him. Watch out, try not to let it touch you!

Elyas keeps slashing with his longsword, then steps back slightly
Longsword, PA, Flank: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Unable to get a good firing angle on the ooze from so far above, Alezandu begins to hurriedly descend the rope, ending up about ten feet from the floor.


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

Too high up to see anything, Claustipher watches from above.

BY the ooze, Elyas lands another strike, slicing another chunk off, before backing away. Olivia strikes with no regard for her own safety or accuracy, simply trying to deal as much damage as possible. After he assault, the ooze looks barely held together.

Falcon remains on the ground, watching everything even though he can't move. 7 rounds remaining.

Alezandu starts to hurry down the rope.

With little else to do the ooze strikes at Olivia, narrowly missing the aggressive halfling.

Slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7

Having figured out the strategy to use for success, Elyas and Olivia surge in again, striking swiftly and precisely. As their hits land the ooze collapses, dissipating across the floor. Consider Falcon unparalyzed


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

As she finishes the Cube, Olivia runs south, searching for any kind pathway. She'll prod the walls for any kind of secret passage.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Can we see a tunnel going south or is it just a dead end?


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Having come unfrozen, Falcon prods at whatever remains inside the cube remains, looking for any evidence their people had been eaten by it.

Eventually, he notices Claustipher’s absence, so he scurries up the rope and offers to give the old man a lift down.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Is everyone ok? I've heard stories about these creatures before, but never seen one myself. they are quite dangerous if you find one when you're alone, but it wasn't a match for a full group of armed people.

Elyas looks around for a moment. Looks like we have a door to the East and one to the West. any guesses where we should start?

Elyas will listen for any sounds coming from the east side
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu finishes climbing down and helps Falcon search the room for any evidence of the prisoners.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

In answer to Elyas, he says, ”No idea.”


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Unable to climb well and certinally not under duress the old man waits at the top muttering to himself.

"I hope those kids are ok down there. Going to need to learn to fly soon I guess.

He turns to watch the back of the group, wand at the ready.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14
Claustipher Whetwhistle wrote:

Unable to climb well and certinally not under duress the old man waits at the top muttering to himself.

"I hope those kids are ok down there. Going to need to learn to fly soon I guess.

He turns to watch the back of the group, wand at the ready.

Did you see up above where Falcon offered to carry him down?


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

I did not see that. I would certinally take that if you can manage it.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon crouches down for Claustipher to climb onto his back. The weight of the old man is considerable, but not insurmountable, and Falcon carefully and slowly descends the rope, letting Alezandru lift the wizard off as they reach the bottom.


:: Rova 31 - Morning - The Pit and Beyond ::

The only light down here currently is the stone that was dropped earlier.

With everyone down on the floor looking around, it seems like the only way out are the doors on either side of the room. As the ooze dissipates some more you also notice a masterwork longsword, a gold holy symbol of Iomedae worth 100 gp,a breastplate emblazoned with a bronze angel, and two potions of bull’s strength in a pile where the ooze once stood. There is no sign of any other creatures though.

In the light from the stone you can see reliefs along alcoves to the east and west depict rough-hewn reptilian forms gathered around a step pyramid. Rough purple gems have been wedged into the reliefs, forming starburst patterns.

From what you can tell, it is silent behind both the door to the west and to the east.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas holds up the decorated breastplate.

I could make use of this, unless someone else needs it more. looks like someone else was not lucky enough to have help while fighting the ooze.

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Would Elyas know anything about this symbol on the breastplate? He also has knowledge history at the same bonus if that would have been a more useful roll

This holy symbol is one I am glad we recovered from the darkness of this place, but I do not need it. My wooden symbol does just fine.

Once people are ready, Elyas will cast light again, this time on his longsword to give more light while moving forward.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia will take both potions of bull strength and the holy symbol.

"I think you should take the sword as well, Elyas, it seems like fine craftsmanship."

She'll gesture for those above the hole to descend.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Clautipher takes some time, casting detect magic and concentrating on anything the show an aura.

KNow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 For if the breastplate is magic, if not to see if he knows the symbol. Pretty much every knowledge skill available.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I already snagged a mwk longsword from some loot earlier on. if anyone else is proficient it could be helpful, but i think most people are using different weapons


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia will take it then, use it two-handed


@Elyas - The breast plate reminds you of the crusaders of Last Wall, but you aren't sure why.

@Claustipher - no magic here, but you recognize the bronze angle and the emblem of one of the factions crusading in Last Wall.

I am waiting on an action, mainly which door you choose to go through. Given that I haven't given much info to you, you can probably choose at random.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Unless someone presents an argument to the contrary, Alezandu shrugs and enters the doorway to the west.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia follows Alezandu.

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,031 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.