Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,033 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher lets out a very low whistle at the dancing lights and brightly colored frogs. He thinks for a moment to see if there is any reference to the frogs in his old brain.

Know Pretty Much Whatever: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Arcana, Dungeon, Local, Planes, Nature, Geography


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Whoops, not here.", Olivia doubles and follows Falcon and Claustipher into the other room.

"Found nothing the other way.", she reports in a low voice as she meets the two.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Don't go running off just yet, Jenifer. splitting up at this point will only increase our chances that someone gets captured by more trogs or by goblins. we will do what we can here, then we will send a group to gather the others. stay with me.

Elyas motions to Yorc and heads towards the rest of the group, meeting up with Olivia as she comes out of her branch then they all head towards Falcon and Claustipher


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Very pretty. Didn’t expect this, but we’ll have to admire it later.”

As the others come up, Falcon moves to get through the fountain room and continue on.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu rejoins the other pair with Olivia and follows them forward, warily watching the frogs.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

"Okay, I'll stay here for now then." Jenifer replies to Elyas. As Elyas moves off after the others Yorc follows along after the gesture, but Solace and Ngithembekile remain behind with Jenifer.

As Falcon moves into the room, the party is swarmed by the frogs.

Falcon can make AoO against Cyan, Red, and Magenta. Olivia can make AoO against, White and Dark Blue.

Alezandu Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Falcon Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Claustipher Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Elyas Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Olivia Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Red Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Light Blue Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cyan Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Orange Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Dark Blue Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
White Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Purple Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Magenta Blue Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Brown Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Black Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Green Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Yellow Frog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative

Round 1 - Olivia, Cyan, Magenta, Red, Dark Blue, White, Elyas, Claustipher, Alezandu, Falcon, Light Blue, Orange, Purple, brown, Black, Green, Yellow
Round 2 - Cyan, Magenta, Red, Dark Blue, White, Olivia, Elyas, Claustipher, Alezandu, Falcon, Light Blue, Orange, Purple, brown, Black, Green, Yellow

The frogs only moved forward this round. Also, note the change in initiative in round 2 for Olivia. It will help the fight go faster.

EDIT - Also, the frogs overlapping Falcon and Olivia are in their space after at the end of their movement.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"Even the frogs want to kill us? This is ridiculous!"

Olivia will hack at the frogs with her axe.

Axe vs White: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu sighs in assent at Olivia's comment, then resignedly moves up past Elyas. He fires a careful shot at one of the frogs advancing on Falcon.

Attack @Orange +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 18
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

AoO Cyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

AoO Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

AoO Magenta: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

With little to do at the back of a line in a hallway Claustipher simply waits for an opening where magic might help.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

that is a lot of frogs...

Elyas takes a swing at the closest frog, then tries to move out of the way of the others behind him

longsword vs white: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

A flurries of blows by the party sends dead frogs flying everywhere. The rest keep coming forward however.

Falcon gets an AoO against Purple, Yellow, and Black, (in that order) in addition to his next rounds actions. I don't think Alezandu gets any as he has a ranged weapon.

One of the frogs that approached Olivia manages to sink its teeth into her. Olivia takes 1 damage, and feels a sharp cold apin that quickly ends.

Alezandu has two frogs launch themselves at him, one of which latches on. Alezandu feels a sharp cold travelling through his veins. Alezandu takes 1 damage and 2 con damage.

Falcon is simply swarmed by frogs, two of them manage to bite him around his clothing. He feels a sudden rush of cold that quickly ends. Falcon takes 1 damage. If Falcon does not kill Black with his AoO he will take another 1 damage.

Frog attacks

Dark Blue Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1 = 1

Green Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1 = 1

Brown Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1 = 1

Light Blue Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1 = 1

Black Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1 = 1

Purple Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1 = 1

Yellow Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1 = 1

Olivia Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Alezandu Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Falcon Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Falcon Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Initiative

Round 2 - Cyan, Magenta, Red, Dark Blue, White, Olivia, Elyas, Claustipher, Alezandu, Falcon, Light Blue, Orange, Purple, brown, Black, Green, Yellow
Round 3 - Cyan, Magenta, Red, Dark Blue, White, Olivia, Elyas, Claustipher, Alezandu, Falcon, Light Blue, Orange, Purple, brown, Black, Green, Yellow

You are all up again.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I think they might be poisonous, be careful, everyone!", Olivia goes for a defensive stance before hacking at the next frog.

Handaxe vs Dark Blue(Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

With shield and expertise, AC is 22/15/18


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

AoO Purple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
AoO Purple confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (10, 7) + 12 = 29

AoO Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

AoO Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Falcon’s sansetsukon is a blur, knocking frogs out of the air, absolutely vaporizing the purple one.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

if Olivia managed to dispatch the frog attacking her, Elyas will move to the spot indicated on the map to help Aleizandu. if the blue frog is still there, Elyas will hit that one instead and if it dies will then move to the indicated spot.

longsword vs either blue or red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Target: 1d7 ⇒ 4

Holding is wand of Magic Missiles and pick the light blue frog that is attacking Falcon before firing off a missle.

Damge: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He only complains a little about wasting resources in that very old man way.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu grimaces and shivers involuntarily, regretting his decision to get so close. He steps back, attempting to disengage from the frogs, before sending an arrow at each of the amphibians that attacked him.

Attack @Green +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 17
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8
Attack @Red +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim - Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 20
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

As she talks to everyone, Olivia expertly smacks a frog with the hand ax, killing it. Elyas also lands killing blow as he steps up to help Alezandu.

Claustipher pulls out hos wand and fires a sure hit, slaying one of the vermin. Alezandu follows suit and kills the last on near him.

While all of this is going on, Falcon is a blur of motion. When he settles back into place, there are no frogs around him, only a fine pink mist.

Alezandu starts to cough a little, but the cold seeping through his body stops.

Alezandu Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Around you are only the remains of some frogs, the crystal globe in the ceiling, and the bubbling fountain.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Has anyone ever seen frogs like this around here? I am newer to the region, but I have never been attacked by a swrm of frogs... I thought they were generally more docile than that.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”They’re also usually smaller.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Knowledge (nature) about the frogs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Alezandu and Claustipher quickly compare notes. The frogs are definitely not of the forest and are likely from the caves below, brought here by the troglodytes. These seem to be a fairly generic poisonous cave frog.

Low hit points, low AC, low DC con damage poison. Otherwise nothing special.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

We need to keep moving, we haven't found our people yet. watch for more frogs or traps the deeper we go. does anyone ened any healing before we move forward?


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

”I’m guessing they come from deeper underground, so it’s not surprising you haven’t seen them, Elyas. The troglodytes probably keep them specifically as guard animals. And no, I’m fine. We should press on immediately.”

Alezandu cautiously begins walking south.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

As the group moves forward to the next room, you can see that countless bones jut from the clay walls of this chamber. Grinning skulls peer down over the ends of femurs and ulnas sticking out at odd angles. Most of the bones are from animals—some as large as stags and bears—but some are undeniably human. The bones layer the walls thickly and seem precariously placed.

As the group approaches the room you hear the sound of foot steps receding into the hallway At this point I consider everyone aware of the enemy and not flat footed, you just can't see anything yet. As you move a bit closer you hear a grunt as a massive troglodyte clad in furs with a wolf fang necklace steps forward and a javelin flies toward Falcon. The javelin barely misses, flying over his shoulder and shattering against the wall. As the javelin shatters, the troglodyte changes her grip to a massive war hammer.

As the rest of the room comes into focus, you can see three other troglodytes in the room. They all appear to determined and in good health.

The big one roars, "I HANDISS. Leave now! Bad man shall have last week then trial!"

Yorc moves forward and readies to fire an arrow at the big one, "Do you want to engage?"

Javelin!: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Alezandu Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Falcon Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Claustipher Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Elyas Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Olivia Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yorc Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Handiss Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Green Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Cyan Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Orange Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Initiative

Round 1 - Yorc (WP 15/32, VP 13/22, T 15) , Alezandu, Green, Falcon, Orange, Olivia, Claustipher, Elyas, Handiss, Cyan
Round 2 - Yorc, Alezandu, Falcon, Olivia, Green, Orange, Handiss, Cyan, Claustipher, Elyas

That was a hard initiative to rearrange from Round 1 to Round 2. Let me know if you think a different arrangement would be more fair.

I will slot Green and Orange in as required.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"Not sure we have much choice, if we want to rescue the people they took," Alezandu replies quietly to Yorc. "We've spent enough time trying to negotiate."

He walks forward to get a clear shot, hoping that his companions will move up to cover him before the troglodytes charge, and takes aim at Handiss. "No thanks," he says grimly, and looses his arrow at the towering troglodyte's head.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 23
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 6


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon moves ten feet forwards, ready to fend off any charge, yet also getting himself into a position to make a charge into the room if they don't come out after them.

"We're taking our people, whether you give them up or not, so give them up, and we'll leave."


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Looks like they have a champion. Charming."

Claustipher shuffles forward until he is even with Falcon and locks eyes with one of the troglodytes.

"My friend! Why would you let them hurt us?"

Charm Person DC15 at lt. blue troglodyte.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia will step foward.

"By Erastil, I will rescue our frieds, and I'll take you out if you get in the way." Smite Evil at Handiss

She then readies an attack in case Handiss gets close.

Attack(Power Attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22 +2 if she is evil
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 +2 if she is evil

If Handiss misses vs Olivia, she'll spend one Panache to Underfoot Assault into her square


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas moves in, shield up waiting to see what happens, and if the troglodyte is willing to talk

Total defense action this round for +4 AC


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

The snap of Alezandu's bow rings loud in the caves, ending any chance of talking as the arrow slams into its target. Yorc's arrow arcs out immediately after at one of the smaller troglodytes, missing it entirely.

As Falcon moves up, two of the troglodytes hurl javelins at him. One flies over his shoulder while the other hammers into him. Falcon takes 6 damage. Both the troglodytes circle wide

Olivia rushes forward to defend the gap, Elyas following. Claustipher tries to befuddle one of the troglodytes, but it doesn't even seem to acknowledge it was addressed. It doesn't seem like the minion troglodytes understand common.

"Death to invaders!" Handiss roars out in a battle cry as she charges Olivia. As Handiss closes Olivia manages to land two blows before the space between them closes, both benefiting from her righteous fury. I rolled you AoO on Handiss movement. Both attacks hit and she appears to be evil. Handiss lands a decisive blow against Olivia, getting around even the deflective force her righteousness gives her.Handiss hits Olivia for 16 damage.

The last troglodyte steps forward, hurling its javelin at Olivia. The troglodyte misses, but Yorc takes advantage of the opening and smacks an arrow home on it.

Green and Orange vs Falcon

Green Javelin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Orange Javelin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Yorc vs Cyan

Yorc Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Olivia AoO

Bardiche: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Handiss vs Olivia

Handiss Warhammer w/ Charge and PA: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 - 1 = 16
Handiss Warhammer w/ Charge, PA and Adv.: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 3 = 16

Cyan vs olivia

Cyan Javelin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Yorc vs Cyan Redux

Yorc Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative

Round 2 - Yorc (WP 15/32, VP 13/22, T 15), Alezandu, Falcon, Olivia, Green, Orange, Handiss, Cyan, Claustipher, Elyas
Round 3 - Yorc, Alezandu, Falcon, Olivia, Green, Orange, Handiss, Cyan, Claustipher, Elyas

Unfortunately only three are up at the moment. Everyone will get in the cycle next round.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon moves up to stand next to Olivia and attempts to trip Handiss.

Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

If that was enough..
Vicious Stomp, PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7 Never mind

If Handiss stands...
AoO; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 = 11


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia is currently using Battleaxe+Large Shield that she equipped on the first room of the cavern. This means she wouldn't get an AoO as she doesn't have reach. But also means Her AC vs Handiss is 23 for now and she wouldn't take the hit either. I'll post as if Handiss missed and Olivia got into her square but I can change it and assume she equipped her ranseur on the way if you want.

Olivia slips into close combat with Handiss, hacking at her legs as Falcon trips her.

Handaxe vs Handiss(Power Attack, Flanking, Smite Evil): 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 14+4 if she is prone
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8

If she tries to step away from the square, AoO, if she attacks Falcon, Bodyguard him for +4 AC

AoO: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 29Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12
Crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 16Damage?(3x Crit): 2d6 + 4 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 + 4 + 4 = 18
Bodyguard: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 10


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

"If you've got any powerful magic in reserve, now would be the time," Alezandu says to the spellcasters flanking him.

Holding position, he sends an arrow at each of the two troglodytes standing back from the melee.

Attack @Cyan +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 9
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10
Attack @Orange +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 19
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I am sorry my friend, I used too many spells in subduing our new friend Yorc. I have very little left to give... Elyas curses at his feeling of uselessness


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Alezandu fires two arrows, the first goes high over its target, but the second slams into a troglodyte, creating a painful looking wound.

Falcon sweeps Handiss' legs out from under her, sending her to the ground.

@Olivia - Whoops, didn't remember that. Assume you had the battle axe, so Handiss misses and you didn't get the AoO.

Olivia smacks her battle axe into Handiss once she is on the ground.

One of the smaller troglodytes attacks Falcon with its claws and teeth. One claw attack gets through, scoring a hit along his arm. Falcon take 3 damage.

One of the other troglodytes charges forward, pulling out a club as it goes. The troglodytes charge takes it to Alezandu, and the club comes down swiftly and with some strength, striking his shoulder. Alezandu takes 7 damage.

As Handiss stands, Olivia and Falcon lay into her. Both land decisive blows and Handiss sinks to the ground, bleeding out.

The last troglodyte seems filled with fury and picks its way around Falcon and Olivia, pulling out a club and stopping in front of Claustipher. The troglodyte brings the club down on the poor old man, bruising him. Claustipher takes 4 damage.

Green vs Falcon

Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Orange vs Alezandu

Club: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Club adv.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Cyan vs Claustipher

Club: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Initiative

Round 2 - Yorc (WP 15/32, VP 13/22, T 15), Alezandu, Falcon, Olivia, Green, Orange, Handiss, Cyan, Claustipher, Elyas
Round 3 - Yorc, Alezandu, Falcon, Olivia, Green, Orange, Handiss, Cyan, Claustipher, Elyas

I am a little sad about not getting to smash someone with Handiss... but that's probably for the best.

@Olivia, I didn't use your body guard to protect Falcon from the green trog as the wording was pretty focused on Handiss. Figured I'd let you know, but I'll interpret stuff exactly as written for anything like this that burns AoO or other limited resources.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

That's perfectly reasonable

"I'll finish things here, Falcon, please go help Claustipher!"

Olivia swings at the troglodyte.

Olivia vs Green(power attack): 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Trip; flank; dirty fighting: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 4 = 21

Falcon pivots, grabs the cyan trog, and lifts him straight up and over, dropping him against the wall in the space to his left. He then brings his foot crashing down on its snout.

Vicious stomp; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26
Vicious stomp; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5) + 12 = 19

AoO If cyan rises: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Then his Flurry attack is to trip green.
Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Vicious stomp; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

AoO If green rises: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu staggers from the troglodyte's blow, but manages to keep his footing and step back, out of immediate striking range. He hastily unloads a pair of arrows at his attacker.

Attack @Orange +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 13
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 11
Attack @Orange +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 13
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas jabs at the orange troglodyte, trying to help clear off Alezandu.he steps into the gap left by Alezandu's step back, trying to keep the archer from being a target.

Longsword, magical weapon, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 8


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Getting attacked physically is not what Claustipher really likes. As soon as the blow lands he yelps in pain and withdraws a bit from the fight.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

As the troglodytes close in, Claustipher and Alezandu move back while Elyas steps in to hold the gap closed while striking out at a troglodytes. Elyas' strike opens a large gash across its chest and it falls to the ground.

Falcon then goes to work, flinging troglodytes around and making quick work of them. When Falcon stops after a moment all the troglodytes lie dead.

Having a moment to look around, it seems like the corridor here slopes down at irregular angles and reeks of dampness. The walls are jagged and covered with sharp stone barbs. Mossy growths spread across the floor and walls, old bones lying pale against the dark moss. At the end of the corridor it seems that there is a pit.

DC 12 Int or Wisdom Check:

You recall that both Tanelin and Handiss have mentioned that the trial will be held in a week. Given your knowledge of how fast the troglodytes hold to tradition and that the information didn't change after you attack, you think you can be confident that you can return to the refugees and come back tomorrow and still save the prisoner.

EDIT - I will note that even though the prisoner may survive, you still run the risk of political/morale issues. Do what you will with this info.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

wisdom check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

As the last of the troglodytes fall, Elyas stretches his sore muscles and gathers up with the rest of the group.

It looks like this cave keeps going. We are bruised up pretty good from all of this fighting, should we stop and rest up a bit? We have heard several of the troglodytes mention the trial will be in one week. I know that troglodytes are known to stick pretty close to tradition and I don't think they would change the date of their 'trial' even after our attack.

I know we want to save our people as quickly as possible, but we have to be careful not to get ourselves killed in the process. I am not going to be any use to you without a bit of rest.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Wis: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"If're resting I think we should stay near the cavern so we'll know if the troglodytes are moving out."


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Listening to the others, Falcon starts to relax. ”That makes sense, though the villagers aren’t going to like it that we’re leaving them there. Some will understand, though. Certainly more than if we had just said we were leaving them to be executed.”


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Wis check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I doubt that there are too many troglodytes left down below, given that Handiss here," he gestures at the fallen foe, "seems to have been some kind of leader, so I would rather press on and see if we can finish this whole thing off. I suppose I'm willing to rest here temporarily if that's what everyone wants, though. However, we should be prepared for an attack from below, so we'll need to always have someone on watch."

Alezandu exhales deeply and shrugs off his bag, then stops and exclaims "Oh, and I can actually use that trap we found." Withdrawing his bear trap, he sets it up in the passage to the pit, trying to conceal it amid the bones.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Fountain Room ::

With Alezandu's trap set, the leaves the bone room and starts setting up camp in the fountain room after moving all of the frogs out. Yorc head's back to get Solace, Ngithembekile, and Jenifer.

As the group lays out their stuff to sleep and discusses setting watches, Solace speaks up. "I think it best if Jenifer doesn't stay the night here. I will return to the others with her and give them an update on whats happening."

Solace and Jenifer leave, the shrieking mushrooms announcing their exit as the group settles in for the night.

.

:: Rova 31 - Dawn - Fountain Room ::

The night passes rather uneventfully. The group wakes in the morning as rested as they could be but still battered.

Remember, you heal level plus con modifier in Vigor points and either a wound point OR an attribute when you rest.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu struggles to his feet, feeling a bit better but still somewhat drained from the frog's poison. After briefly jogging around the caverns until he feels fully awake, he readies his bow and checks the bear trap. Assuming that it's empty, Alezandu packs it up and stows it in his bag, then waits for the others to venture deeper.

Does regaining a point of Constitution restore the wound points lost with the ability damage, or do they need to be healed separately?


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia eats before lying down, she sleeps soundly, not realising how tired she was from the fights until that point, she wakes up still feeling somewhat groggy, but does some quick exercises to get her blood pumping again and readies herself, bardiche in hand.

"We already lost more time than we should've, lets be ready and move quickly."

Olivia will wait to see if anyone has spells to cast or a plan to suggest, otherwise she'll take the lead and begin stealthing ahead

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Before the group goes to sleep, Elyas uses his last channel energy and two spells for healing. everyone heals an extra 2 wound points from the channel in addition to what you get from sleeping. he will use his 2 level 1 spells for healing on two of the party

Elyas says a tired prayer and feels a burst of healing energy g o out to the members of the party. He sees that Olivia and Falcon are both pretty hurt and he will touch each of them with some more healing energy before he goes to sleep for the night

CLW on Olivia: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
CLW on Falcon: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

_______________________________

In the morning Elyas wakes up feeling much better and spends an hour praying as the others wake up and get ready.

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,033 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.