Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Rostam

Ironfang Invasion - Calendar, Provisions, Organization, Loot
Ironfang Invasion - Chernasardo Map
Scarvinous Camp
Forest Path


1,451 to 1,500 of 2,031 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Feeling emboldened by his first success, elyas again stabs at the trog in front of him from the ground, trying to slash at the shins and feet.

longsword, magic weapon, PA, prone: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 - 1 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

This time his thrashing is not nearly as effective, but he feels like he might have caused a grazing wound at least

He glances down at blood running from a long cute in his shoulder, too close to his neck for comfort. "I need some help here!" he calls out, bracing for another round of quick attacks from the creature


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu steps carefully out of the grease to give his allies room to advance, then fires at the closer of the two troglodytes facing Falcon. Noticing his quiver is beginning to run low, he restocks it from his magical sack.

DC 10 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Attack @Pink +Point-Blank Shot - Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon tries again to grab magenta and dump him on top of pink’s body.

Trip: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 = 14
Vicious stomp: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6

He then swings his sansetsukon at aqua.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

As Olivia hustles forward, Claustipher tries to burn the enemy caster. The troglodyte screams a little as the flames wash over him, but doesn't seem to catch fire.

Seeing an opportunity with Elyas still prone, Solace fires an arrow at the troglodyte attacking him. Unfortunately the arrow flies high and misses.

Yorc and Ngithembekile try to tie up the troglodytes remaining in the last room, but they begin to resist. Backing away, the two keep them pinned down and they stop resisting.

Elyas swings his blade again, almost getting a blow in. The troglodyte is ready for it however and narrowly side steps the attack.

Alezandu fires a quick shot as he carefully steps back out of the grease. The shot was too quick however and missed.

Falcon tries tripping one of the troglodyes, but isn't as forceful as required. His second blow against the other troglodyte bloodies his target however.

The two troglodytes in front continue their assault. Both manage to land a club and claw strike against their intended targets. Falcon takes 10 damage, Elyas takes 12 damage.

The troglodyte in back chants and gestures, once again pointing at Falcon. The edge of fear that remained in Falcon from before flares up again. This time, Falcon can not suppress his instincts, and the primal urge to flee fills him. Falcon is frightened, rules in the spoiler below.

Save vs Immolation

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Solace vs Cyan

Arrow w. PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Pink and Cyan vs Falcon and Elyas

Pink club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Pink Bite: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Pink Claw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Cyan club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Cyan Bite: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cyan Claw: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Falcon Will Save

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Initiative

Round 3 - Elyas, Alezandu, Falcon, Pink, Cyan, Purple, Red, Olivia, Claustipher, Solace, Yorc, Ngithembekile

Round 4 - Elyas, Alezandu, Falcon, Pink, Cyan, Purple, Red, Olivia, Claustipher, Solace, Yorc, Ngithembekile

Frightened and Shaken:

Shaken: Characters who are shaken take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Frightened: Characters who are frightened are shaken, and in addition they flee from the source of their fear as quickly as they can. They can choose the paths of their flight. Other than that stipulation, once they are out of sight (or hearing) of the source of their fear, they can act as they want. If the duration of their fear continues, however, characters can be forced to flee if the source of their fear presents itself again. Characters unable to flee can fight (though they are still shaken).


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas takes a few hard blows and realizes he is in trouble if he stays put. he focuses on keeping his shield in front of himself while just flailing with his sword to try to keep the troglodyte at bay.

longsword, fighting defensively, magic weapon, prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 + 1 - 4 = 4
AC is 19 this round

He then stands up, gritting his teeth as he readies for another blow from the troglodyte in from of him.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23

Falcon turns and bolts, nimbly slipping out of the grease by running over the troglodyte body behind him. Once outside the room, Falcon gets a hold of himself and shakes himself. Muttering under his breath, he turns and heads back into the other room. Seeing the spellcaster again, he yells and ducks back out into the outer room, cursing to himself at his cowardice.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Blasted stink lizard. I said burn."

Claustipher performs the same spell a second time thinking that it has to work eventually.

spontaneous immolatio: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7 + on fire
DC16 Fort for half and not burning.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Beginning to experience some trepidation at the direction of the battle, Alezandu takes advantage of the opening provided by Falcon's retreat to send two more arrows whizzing at the troglodyte on his right.

Attack @Magenta +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 16
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5
Attack @Magenta +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim -Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 14
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

1d4 ⇒ 2

Falcon is frightened for 1 more round, then the spell ends.

Olivia steps forward and tries to attack one of the troglodytes. Olivia connects, and Solace follows it up with an arrow that unfortunately misses.

Claustipher focuses and tries to burn the casting troglodyte again. Flames wick around the troglodyte and it screams, but they quickly go out.

Without much recourse, Yorc and Ngithembekile remain in the rear guarding the prisoners.

Elyas lays about himself with a careful blow from behind his shield, trying to stand. As he raises himself up the troglodyte smacks him in the side of the head with the club. A resounding smack rings through the room as the troglodyte grins. Elyas takes 8 damage

Overcome by fear, Falcon runs as Alezandu fires two arrows past his shoulder. Both of Alezandu's shots narrowly miss. Unfortunately, the troglodyte lands a solid blow against Falcon as he flees. Falcon takes 8 damage.

The troglodyte in the rear barks something at the others. They both nod at him and the one in front of Elyas raises its club for another strike. Elyas raises and blocks with his shield, but his arm is too weak. The shield thunders back into his head and he falls unconscious. Elyas takes another 8 damage. I believe he is at 12 WP with a threshold of 14. His fort save is below.

With the fall of Elyas, the troglodytes let out a vicious growl and retreat together towards on of the rooms. One troglodyte remains visible as it flees while the other two round the corner.

Consider yourselves out of combat. You can make ranged parting shots if you want or attempt to chase obviously. I will just continue the combat if a chase happens.

Olivia and Solacevs pink

Olivia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Solace: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Red Save

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Cyan vs Elyas AoO (prone AC as he stands)

Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Pink vs Falcon

Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Cyan vs Elyas

Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Elyas Fort to Remain Conscious

Fort Save w/ -2 Penalty: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Not wanting to cross the grease Claustipher again flicks the wand of Magic Missile at eh last visible attacker.

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”Are they....gone?” Falcon whispers from the other room.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu steps out into the grease and sends two last arrows after the retreating troglodytes.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Attack @Cyan -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 - 1 = 13
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5
Attack @Cyan -Rapid Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 - 1 = 15
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas crumples to the ground, seeing black fill his vision and hearing a loud ringing in his ears. So this is how it ends, is it? He finds himself thinking, surprisingly calm and numb. the sounds of battle fade as he falls asleep, his body shutting down to protect him.

I'm not real clear on how this works with Wounds and Vigor. is someone going to have to do something to heal 2 wound points for me to get me back above my threshold? too bad the cleric is the one on the ground!

Also, I'm confused what happened when that last trog hit me. you listed at the top that Elyas took 8 damage which put him below his threshold, but the rolls you made list 5 damage, which would leave him at 15 WP. Of course normally we wouldn't have any way of knowing what you rolled behind the screen, but since you roll things in the open I wanted to ask about it


I must've read the 8 from the damage I dealt Falcon. It should have been 5 damage. We can either leave it with you at 15 WP and the trog on the run or it will finish its full attack and 5 foot step. I will let you make that decision Elyas. Thanks for catching that. I actually roll 99% of dice in the open IRL for my players to crunch numbers and question me on stuff like this. I find it makes the game better.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I do the same in the games I run. my players like to see the dice fall as they may, though it has definitely lead to some extra PC deaths! easiest solution here would be for Elyas to be at 15 WP but the trogs still running away.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Claustipher and Alezandu send a final volley after the retreating troglodytes. Alezandu's arrows hit the walls, but Clausitpher's missile strikes its target.

Falcon soon shakes his fear of the troglodytes and feels ready to go back into battle. Elyas stands and is able to hobble out of the grease.

"What are we going to do with these two?" Yorc asks. "We can't leave 'em here without a guard or they'll be able to come up behind us."

From the cave entrance, Jenifer creeps back into the first room, "Is it over? I don't think I can get back to the others on my own." Jenifer's face falls a bit at the sight of Elyas' injuries. "Maybe some of the people at camp could come and help?" Jenifer seems lost.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”If we wait, they’re going to kill their prisoners, and then all this fighting was for nothing.”


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Yes, Falcon is right Elyas says weakly, obviously in a lot of pain.

I will be ok, I will just need to stay in the back if we get into another scrape. Who else is hurt? Gather around and I will do what I can to ease our wounds a bit.

Elyas channels positive energy twice, giving some vigor back to the group.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Anyone who needs it gets 11 VP back. I am going to need to play safe for a while until i get some WP back, but that is going to take a while...


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

"Well, then you all continue on ahead. I and... Ngithembekile... will watch the prisoners and keep Jenifer safe." Yorc says in reply.

Let me know what direction you want to head in. The grease is now gone so don't worry about it.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

While Elyas heals the group, Alezandu leans over to Claustipher and whispers, "It might be a good idea to tell your elemental in its language to alert us if Yorc does anything traitorous. Wait a minute or talk to someone else before telling it, though, so it isn't obvious to the centaur.".

He then advocates for following after the troglodytes who fled.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

I agree Alezandu, we should follow the ones who fled. hopefully they will lead us right to our people. though we better hurry so they don't just kill all of them when they get there. I really wish things hadn't gone so badly so quickly here.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

"Yes, the die is cast so lets finish this one way or the other."

He looks at Ngithembekile and speaks in undercommon.

"
Mngane wami, sicela uhlale lapha. Uma lo muntu omkhulu wehhashi enza noma yini ngokumelene neziboshwa noma uyajabulisa ngokushesha wenze umsindo omkhulu futhi eze kimi."

Undercommon:

"My friend, please stay here. If this big horse fellow does anything against the prisoners or you please quickly make a large noise and come to me. "


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Ngithembekile nods eagerly at Claustipher's instructions. As Claustipher walks away he notes that Ngithembekile keeps glancing at Yorc every few seconds.

Heading off after the fleeing troglodytes, you enter a room where stone shelves have been cut into the walls of this room, and each shelf is heaped with dried mushrooms, baskets of herbs, root vegetables, and other fragrant foodstuffs. Empty baskets and cloth sacks lie in a pile in one corner. Just ahead, you can hear the sound of low voices in a language you don't understand and a hissing noise.

From the room ahead, the stench of death and old blood overwhelms the smell of troglodyte in this chamber. The sound of running water echoes off the low ceiling, and a burning torch send flickering light backup the hallway dancing off the walls to meet you.

I've moved you all into the next room, which looks like a greens cellar. You know the room is inhabited but don't know exactly by what or who. I figured this was a good point to leave off at so you can plan a bit if you like. If you want to jump right to combat, roll an initiative check and give your first round action.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"No time to waste, lets go!", Olivia rushes to the middle of the room.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu follows more cautiously behind Olivia, ready to fire at any enemies who reveal themselves.

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Attack if there's a target -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19
Damage +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11
+1 attack and damage if within 30 ft.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Did anyone see which way the troglodytes left when they fled that last room? these tunnels could easily turn in to a maze. I know you're in a hurry but we need ot be cautious so we don't get ourselves killed!


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Olivia charges around the corner, ready to fight. The floor slopes down to the north wall where a narrow underground stream flows past.
The sound of running water echoes off the low ceiling, and a burning torch near the stream sends rippling light patterns dancing off the wall. Racks against the walls hold the carcasses of forest creatures, some still draining their life’s blood on the ground, others mere skins left to dry.

Apparently, her charge was loud enough to alert the troglodytes. The scream and enter combat, trying to drive you all back.

One of the troglodytes closes and Olivia hits it, scoring a great cut across its chest. The troglodyte wobbles a bit and misses it club strike.

The spell caster gestures violently, calling out an incantation before panting obviously exerting himself. A pool of grease appears behind Olivia and spreads out under her feet. Olivia nimbly remains upright, ready for more combat.

With excitement the lizard charges forward to snap at Olivia. Olivia skillfully brings her bardiche to bear against it, scoring another strong hit. Unfortunately, the lizard reaches her and snaps its head forward, closing its jaws around her slim body and shakes. Olivia takes 5 damage and is grappled.

Unable to close, the last troglodyte pulls out a javelin and backs away, preparing to throw it. The troglodyte says something to the one in melee and receives a vigorous nod in reply.

Not liking what is happening to Olivia ahead of him, Alezandu heads forward to engage. Taking careful aim, Alezandu doesn't flinch as javelin shatters against the wall beside him. He releases and the arrow snaps into the forward troglodytes eye. It falls to the ground amidst screams from his companions.

Initative Rolls

Falcon Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Claustipher Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Solace Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Elyas Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Red: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Cyan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Magenta: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lizard: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Olivia AoO

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Magenta Attack vs Olivia

Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Olivia Reflex Save

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Olivia AoO

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Lizard vs Olivia

Bite w/ Charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Bite w/ Charge Adv.: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Cyan javelin vs Alezandu

Javelin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Initative

Round 1 - Magenta, Red, Lizard, Cyan, Alezandu, Falcon, Solace, Elyas, Claustipher, Olivia

Well... that was a crap initiative setup. Good luck and hopefully Olivia doesn't end her carrier as a lizard chew toy. Bold is up as usual.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Falcon has to slow down as he enters the grease, so he can’t get into position and make an attack. However, he does slip all the way through the grease and around behind the lizard, cutting off its escape to the water. Hopefully, if it wants an AoO, it’ll have to release Olivia.

Sonebody please move Falcon to just north of the lizard.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas hears the sounds of another combat starting and follows the others in, but stays more in the back this time, still hurting from multiple wounds. he stands by Alezandu ready to attack anything that comes their way.

Just a double move this round

Sorry guys, Elyas is a bit tapped out at this point. not a lot of health left, 2 channels, and 2 spells remaining, one of which can only be cast on myself. Maybe I shouldn't have burned so many spells keeping Yorc from running away.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Not expecting to be able to escape the grapple, Olivia just hacks with her battleaxe at the lizard.

Attack (Grappled): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher, grumbeling as he moves, gets behind his more stout companions. He locks eyes with the caster and again casts a spell, if the fire didn't work maybe he can charm it.

Charm Person DC15 Will


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Falcon slips through the grease, getting around the side of the lizard. The lizard looks longingly at Falcon, but just shakes its head a little to remind itself it has prey in hand already.

Solace and Elyas move up, trying to find a position they can help from.

Claustipher tries to charm the spell caster, but feels the spell roll over his target without any effect. Olivia struggles with her battle ax but can't land her attack either.

The two troglodytes run, fleeing around the corner, while the lizard tries to drag Olivia away.

Falcon can take an AoO

Will save vs Charm Person

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 5 = 29

Lizard Grapple Check

Grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Initative

Round 1 - Magenta, Red, Lizard, Cyan, Alezandu, Falcon, Solace, Elyas, Claustipher, Olivia

You are all up.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Falcon steps after the lizard and delivers two blows, both missing the lizard and chipping stone off the cave floor.

Flurry; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12

Flurry; PA: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 = 8


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas curses under his breath as the troglodyte tries to drag one of his companions away. skirting by the grease on the floor, Elyas moves towards the far end of the cave, working to cut off the retreat of the one that is holding Olivia.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Alezandu carefully walks across the the grease to get a better shot, then fires at the lizard attempting to drag Olivia away.

Attack +Point-Blank Shot -Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 12
Damage +Point-Blank Shot +Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

His spell having failed Clautipher grumbles and waits to follow the melee fighters as they move up.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Olivia keeps hacking at the lizard.

Attack(Grappled): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

The hail of blows fells the lizard. Olivia slides out of its mouth a little worse for ware but still alive.

From the direction the troglodytes fled in, you can hear Ngithembekile roar and York start yelling. "Ngithembekile! Let them go! There's to many of them for us to chase!"

At the far end of the room you can hear the sound of a bow twang and sprinting feet.

Let me know what you want to do. The troglodytes are in the wall as you aren't sure of their exact location.


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu dashes after the fleeing troglodytes, raising his bow to cover Ngithembekile in case the elemental gets in over his head.


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

Let us keep moving, we have to find their prisioners before something bad happens!"

Olivia walks into the room to the east.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

”I agree with Olivia. If they’re running, so much the better.”

Falcon follows Olivia into the next room.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher simply moves with the others as there is not much he can do at the moment. He does yell to Ngithembekile to keep himself safe.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Elyas simply follows the others, feeling close to exhaustion and still feeling the sting of several wounds that he is not accustomed to. he shakes it off a bit and holds up his sword and shield and moves forward to the next room with the others.


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Running into the next adjacent room, a dark, rippling pool covers much of this sloping cavern. Water drips from stalactites above and tumbles from fissures in the rock wall. An underwater garden of colorful algae and white fish fills the pool.

Two cave fishers clatter around on the roof obviously excited, but hesitant due to the large number of loud people running around. Ngithembekile is roaring down an adjacent hallway, Yorc grabbing his arm and trying to hold him in place.

"They ran by the captives jumped up and followed them. I think I shot one but there still running. I didn't want this little guy getting killed" Yorc shouts, pointing down the hall way to the central room.

The troglodytes are fleeing in a panicked state, they obviously want nothing to do with you anymore and just want to get away.


Male Human Cleric 4| VP 17/18 W15/36 Threshold 14| AC 17/10/17| CMB +5| CMD 15| F +6| R +1| W +8| Init +0 Per +8|
Spells and Abilities:
Remaining: channel energy 2/5. Bit of luck 5/6. Battle Rage 6/6. Lvl 1 spells 1/5 Lvl 2 spells 0/4

Let them go! Elyas calls to his companions. There is not need to fight every troglodyte in these caves. I think we've gone the wrong way to find our people. let's turn around and head back the other way. We have to find our people before it is too late!


Female Halfling Paladin (Erastil) 3/Swashbuckler (Mouser) 1 | Dead | AC 19/14/16| CMB +5| CMD 18| F+8| R +9| W +6| Init +3 Per +2 | Spd 20 ft. | Panache 2

"I think we should spread out.", Olivia says, turning on her heels to run the opposite direction. "That was probably the bulk of their resistance so we don't need as big of a group! I'm heading south!"


NG male human ranger (Nirmathi irregular) 4 | VP 0/22, WP 4/28, T 12 | AC 17/14/13 (+2 vs goblinoids) | CMB +6, CMD 20 (22 vs goblinoids) | F +5, R +8, W +3 | Init +4 (+6 in forests), Per +9 (+13 in forests) | Spd 40 ft | Effects: longstrider, staggered

Alezandu nods to Yorc. "Yep, that was the right call."

Bow still at the ready, he jogs after Olivia.


AC 15 (T15, FF 12; +2 vs goblinoids); Init: +4; Perc: +9; Spd: 30; F/R/W: +8/+5/+2; CMD: 21 (+2 vs trip, +3 vs dirty trick, +1 vs disarm and steal; +2 vs goblinoids); VP: 0; WP: 11; Threshold: 14

Falcon heads the other way, waiting only a moment to make sure somebody comes with him.


Status: Mage Armor 3 hours | 02/11 Wand Magic Missle (1d4+1) | Force Missle 3/7 | 3 Wizard (Evoker) 30ft | 15/15 V | 14/14 W | 8/8 Threshold | 10(+4) AC | 10 Touch | 10 Flat | 0 Fort | +1 Ref | +3 Will | +1 INI | +0 Per | +9 Diplomacy | +0 Cold Iron Dagger 1d4-1 | +0 Quaterstaff 1d6-1 | 6/7 Force Missile 1d4+1 | 1/1 Arcane Bond | Ngithembekile

Claustipher just mumbles. "I will follow Falcon I think. Now lets try not to get killed."


:: Rova 30 - Dusk - Chernasardo Forest ::

Olivia heads into a new area, with Alezandu close behind. Falcon and Claustipher head down the hall way the troglodytes fled down. Elyas and Solace remain behind with Yorc and Negithembekile.

As Oliva and Alezandu move forward, the tunnel descends into an irregularly shaped chamber with many alcoves and nooks along the uneven walls. Directly opposite the tunnel mouth, a carving on the wall shows a creature hatching from an enormous egg. A low fire flickers in a wide, shallow pit about halfway between the tunnel and the carving. Large stones are piled around the edge of the firepit, their sides blackened. More stones sit within the nooks around the perimeter of the cavern, near piles of dried grasses and animal pelts. Small personal items are strewn around and it appear that the alcoves are sleeping chambers.

Falcon and Claustipher edge forward and peer in the next room. The air is damp and moist here, but it’s a fresh, cool mist. A rough crystal globe hangs from the ceiling, candles burning within it. The light from the globe refracts off the mist in the room and the crystal growths on the walls, filling the room with rainbows. A bubbling fountain in the center creates a jet of clear water that continually drains back into the ground. In the room about a dozen brightly colored frogs about the size of a cat are hopping around.

While the others head forward, Jenifer looks to Elyas. "Are we really going to be able to save him with just us? Maybe Yorc, Solace and I should head back to get help. If we ran we would be able to get back pretty fast I think"

1,451 to 1,500 of 2,031 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.