Hell's Rebels AP - Down with Thrune!

Game Master GM Red

Initiative:

[dice=Morvena]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Padraig]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Geoffrey]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Issil]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Victor]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Rosebud]d20+11[/dice

Hell's Rebels Maps, Slides, and Handouts

Hell's Rebels Loot, Rumors, Locations, and more!


3,051 to 3,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Fort Save vs Sickness: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
"Oh man, that's terrible!" Issil retches from the stench. "You guys need a scrubbing."

Grand Lodge

ENAGING MORV-BOT!!

Fort Save DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Morvena wrinkles her nose in disgust, "These undead creatures smell even WORSE than even I could have possibly imagined! Fortunately while their bodily odours leave much to be desired, they have the same reliance upon their visual organs as the rest of us!" Raising her arms in a wide circle, she chants a quick arcane phrase and points into the center of the room. "Let us see how they like a batch of Glitterdust in their eyes!"

Morvena will cast Glitterdust (Will save DC 16) at the center of the room. It should catch all of the ghasts in the area of effect.

Sovereign Court

Rolls:

Will Save, Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Will Save, Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Will Save, Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Will Save, White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Will Save, Green: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Will Save, Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
New saves at end of turn
Will Save, Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Will Save, White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Will Save, Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Two of the ghasts had stronger eyes in their past lives, and they seem unaffected by the dust. The rest move their hands out in front of themselves in blinded confusion.

The red-fleshed ghast approaches Victor, and lunges to bite his arm, but Victor pulls his arm away.
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Combat Map

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Debilitating Injury - Green (-2/-4 AC)

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey, Victor
Blue (-8, blind)
Morvena
Black, White (blind), Yellow (blind), Red
Issil
Green (-11)


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil casts Shield of Faith on Victor and draws her fancy new dagger.

"Hey Vic, do you want me to focus on healing you, or should I burn them to a crisp?" She coughs again as the stench overwhelms her.

Sovereign Court

Issil imbues Victor with magical defenses, and the green ghast shambles forward, bumping into the others in the very crowded room...

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Debilitating Injury - Green (-2/-4 AC)
Shield of Faith (Victor)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey, Victor Fort Saves DC 15 vs Stench needed for Geoffrey and Victor
Blue (-8, blind)
Morvena
Black, White (blind), Yellow (blind), Red
Issil
Green (-11)


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Fort save DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Geoffrey slips into a defensive stance as he hacks at the ghast in front of him, even as he gags at the awful stench

Attack blue, fight defensively. Bastard Sword, Inspire, Defense, sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 = 19; Slashing damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 - 2 = 8
AC is now 23.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry continues singing, inspiring everyone. He casts ghost sound behind the ghasts, mimicking the sound of elven warriors approaching the undead creatures. (Will DC13 to disbelieve)

Maybe this will distract them.

Inspire Courage


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Fort vs Sickened, DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Victor doesn't even notice the smell, he grunts as Issil tries to cast her spell on him, he pushes her hand towards Geoff instead. "He needs the help, he's getting slow in his old age. Then roast 'em, I'm too quick, they don't stand a chance."

He too attacks the blind blue ghast, doing his best to keep his guard up from red and the others as he does. "Hold still and I'll get that dust outta yer eye there buddy..." He promptly sticks his blade into it. "Got that one. I'll get the other in a sec."

Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Defensive: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 211d4 + 4 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + (4, 6, 4) = 24
Debilitating Injury to Blue if hits: reduce his chance to hit -2/-4: only lasts 1 round. Green's is gone.

My AC is 24 this round due to fighting defensively


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Fine, I'll help Geoff." She redirects her magic upon him. "If you're sure, I'll burn you and the ghoulies, or whatever you called them. Good thing I can heal and burn, eh?"


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor nods at Issil in reply, he turns a bit to start to say something and all that comes out is vomit... A greenish, gray spray, all over Geoff's shoes. He wobbles a bit, holding his stomach with his free hand as he waves his dagger in between him and the ghast defensively. His eyes completely glassed over "I don't feel so hot..."

Ok, sorry Frank for not being more on top of this, after rereading the info posted Victor is showing the signs of withdrawls from Opium, whatever sort of check that would be for the others to figure out. But after healing 1pt of con for resting, that puts him at -4 con and -4 wis and fatigued. I adjusted his stats in his tag line.

Also, for his post above, please adjust his AC to 23 from the fatigue and his hit and damage -1/-1. I didn't include the bonus from striking someone that is blind.. what is that.. +2? Anyhow, carry on.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil protects Geoff, then she notices the telltale signs of vomiting. She quickly turns his head toward the ground so it avoids splashing on her shiny bracelet.

Sorry about your shoes, Geoff.

"That ghast stench is pretty bad. I don't know what you had for breakfast, though."

Sovereign Court

Suddenly feeling very nauseous, Geoffrey strikes desperately with his bastard sword, and manages to cut deeply through the blue ghast's sternum. Victor finishes the fiend off with a careful well-placed stab to whatever might have been left of its brain.

Rolls:

Will, Green: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Will, Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Will, Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Will, White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Will, Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

The red ghoul turns to the wall in startled confusion at the sound of a dozen armored warriors approaching...

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Shield of Faith (Geoffrey)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey (sickened), Victor
Morvena
Black, White (blind), Yellow (blind), Red
Issil
Green (-11)


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With the doorway conveniently blocked by Victor and Geoffrey, Morvena smirks and begins to cast another spell. "Here, let me summon some assistance..."

She internally winces a little at the thought of what she's about to do but reasons better one of her conjured companions than one of her flesh-and-blood companions.

Current Spells:

3rd - Haste x2, Summon Monster III
2nd - Glitterdust, Stone Call, Summon Monster II, Web
1st - Burning Hands, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Summon Monster I
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Read Magic

______________

Morvena begins casting Summon Monser II~

Sovereign Court

Morvena begins a lengthy chant. The two blinded ghasts claw the nearby walls, but the one whose eyes are merely black sockets growls angrily, and it abruptly snaps at Victor.

The ghast leans forward and closes its disease-ridden mouth on Victor's shoulder.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
But the kitsune ducks, and he loses only a few locks of hair as the bite misses.

The red ghast moves to the back of the room to investigate the false source of oncoming battle.

Rolls:

Will Save to end blind, White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Will Save to end blind, Yellow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Shield of Faith (Geoffrey)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey (sickened), Victor
Morvena
Black, White (blind), Yellow, Red
Issil
Green (-11)


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

As a side note, Issil is sickened from the stench. Also she hasn't healed the 6 damage she took from the fall in the mold pit.

"Maybe I shouldn't torch the place? Victor's a little too sick for that." She stares at him. "Back up, Victor, and I'll do my thing. Unless you don't mind getting burnt."

I know Victor mentioned I could cast Burning Hands on him to hit the undead, but that was before his adjusted Con damage kicked in.

If Victor gives the OK:
Issil nods and grins as flames spew forth from her mouth. She can't help it. The flames deal 5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 2, 4) = 14 damage Reflex Save DC 14 for half and burn the black and white tinted ghasts.

If Victor would rather not...:
Issil shrugs and casts Shield of Faith on herself.

Issil grabs another vial of holy water and grins. "Splish, splash.."

Posting now since it won't affect Green's action anyway.

Sovereign Court

Victor confirmed he's okay with the damage... So here goes!

From behind Victor, Issil stretches her arms out and unleashes a jet of flames that singe and scorch the hanging, rotten flesh of two of the ghasts.

Reflex, White: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Reflex, Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Victor, make a DC 14 Reflex save

Green shambles up, coughing on the smoke, and full-on attacks Geoffrey.
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
All three attacks are deflected off of the holy shield surrounding the bodyguard.

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Shield of Faith (Geoffrey)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey (sickened), Victor
Morvena

Black (-14), White (-14, blind), Yellow, Red
Issil (sickened, -6)
Green (-11)


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Reflex vs FIRE, DC14:Evasion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Victor ducks at just the right time to avoid a face full of scorched puke and eyebrows.

He then tries to carve out a piece of the black ghast for biting at him, but he doesn't leave himself too open for a counter attack. "Just be done with this already, I feel like crap and need another smoke break."

Mithril Dagger, Inspire, Defensively, Fatigued: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 1 = 61d4 + 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 - 1 = 6

AC23

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry keeps humming his inspiring tune, draws the wand of cure light wounds and patches up Issil's bruises.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 (42 charges remaining)

Inspire Courage +2


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Not quite as willing to risk Geoffrey to the flames of a similar tactic, Morvena instead begins casting a different spell...and suddenly, everything begins to speed up!

"Hah hah! Enjoy, my friends!"

Current Spells:

3rd - Haste x2, Summon Monster III
2nd - Glitterdust, Stone Call, Summon Monster II, Web
1st - Burning Hands, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Summon Monster I
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Read Magic

______________

Everyone gets Haste except for Morv herself~


HP: 65/68 | AC: 21, T 17, FF 13 | CMD 31 | F +9, R +13, W +2 | Immune: Elemental Traits | DR: 5/- | Speed: Fly 100 ft. (Perfect) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. | Active Conditions: Whirlwind

*FWOOSH*

Meanwhile, Morvena's conjured ally - a fire elemental - appears in the room between Red and Yellow. It looks around for a moment and then with an, 'Are you kidding me?' look, it attempts to punch Red in its' ugly face.

Slam vs. Red (Haste, IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Slam vs. Red (Haste, IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 1
______________

If either attack hits, Red will need to make a DC 11 Reflex save or catch on fire~


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey's eye's gleam as he feels the magicks flow into his body. He then turns his attention to the ghast in front of him.

Attack Green, fight defensively.
Bastard Sword, Inspire, Defense, sickened, hasted: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 15;
Slashing damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 - 2 = 12
Hasted Bastard Sword, Inspire, Defense, sickened, hasted: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 16;
Slashing damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 - 2 = 7
If Green drops then go after Black. AC is now 26.

Sovereign Court

Victor ducks behind a wall to avoid all of Issil's flames, then swings with his dagger, missing the ghast.

Morvena finishes conjuring an elemental, and the summoned companion swings with two fists of flame, both missing.

Geoffrey's stomach ache leaves him with little effort to put into his swordsmanship, and his blade clangs against the wall.

Black continues to attack Victor, while the other two ghasts turn on the living flame standing before them.

Lots of rolls:

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Vs Elemental
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 3

I have updated this post given the Burn effects of the elemental. Here are the required saves...
Reflex, Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex, Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Reflex, Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Reflex, Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex, Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Reflex, Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
New Will Save, White: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The ghasts fists are set ablaze from contact with elemental. The poor elemental's flames are doused from several rounds of ghastly onslaught, and the creature fades away.

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Shield of Faith (Geoffrey)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey (sickened), Victor
Morvena
Black (-14), White (-14, blind), Yellow (-7, on fire), Red (-6, on fire)
Issil (sickened)
Green (-11)


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor watches the campfire with legs get torn down quickly by the hungry ghasts "Dunno Morv, maybe toss some more of that dust in their eyes, then I can poke 'em out and play marbles with 'em."

Ooof ya, two attacks vs a blinded ghast could be some serious killing power for Victor, not to mention the saved attacks on ourselves.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Normally you don't eat the fire. Literally." Issil shrugs. "Hey Vic, I'm gonna throw more fire over you. Sorry."

And with that she casts Burning Hands again, hoping to scorch the white, black and green clothed undead. It deals 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 3, 2) = 15 fire damage (Reflex Save DC 14 for half).

"By the way, this bottle of holy water is all yours if you want to throw it. I'm holding onto it, just in case."


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Reflex, Fatigued, Haste vs DC14: Evasion: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 18

Victor simply nods and ducks under the flames, the top of his manta cloak getting a bit warm "That one was especially hot. Must be why I keep sweating so much."

Sovereign Court

Reflex, Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Reflex, White: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Reflex, Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Issil unleashes another searing jet of flames from her palms, and the three ghasts collapse in an awful smelling heap of burnt flesh.

Active Effects: Inspire Courage (+2)
Shield of Faith (Geoffrey)

Combat Map

-- Bold is up --
Pádraig, Geoffrey (sickened), Victor
Morvena

Yellow (-7, on fire), Red (-6, on fire)
Issil (sickened)

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Pádraig Henry continues singing, inspiring the team.

Inspire Courage +2


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey smiles at Issil, "Good job there!" His smile fades as he sees Victor nearly about to collapse here. He stands his ground ready for the ghast to approach...

Ready Attack at first ghast to enter melee, fight defensively.
Bastard Sword, Inspire, Defense, sickened, hasted: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 25;
Slashing damage: 1d10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 - 2 = 11
Crit?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 1 = 25;
Crit? damage: 1d10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8
AAAand...there was one ghast left.


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Just keep the zombie bile off of my shoes and I'll call it even." Issil grins, although Victor's bile is pretty close...


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Once Victor looks up he sees only 2 flaming and standing ghasts "Woah, take it all in guys. This isn't something you see everyday." He watches and waits to see what the balls of fire do, rubbing his hands on his cloak quickly to build up a solid zap for the next one to come his way.

Readied Shocking Grasp: fatigue, inspire: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 215d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 2, 4) = 17

Sovereign Court

The flaming ghasts charge forth with their fists overhead, but Victor and Geoffrey are both ready. Geoff cuts one down while Victor fries the other with a blast of sparks.

Out of combat!

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Well done, folks! Let's take a look around here," Pádraig Henry congratulates the team. "You guys look tired."

The halfling detects magic before entering the chamber, then begins a systematic search of the room.
Perception Take 20 for 32, or: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

"We'll need to fumigate this place, for sure. The stench is positively ghastly."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil puts her vial of holy water away, and sprays created water everywhere.

THEN she gets Pádraig's pun. "Oh, you're a regular comedian."

"On the plus side, none of us got hurt... This would be a perfect time for that tentacle priest to show up and eat these things for us."

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Probably best, we drag the things to him. Rather not have him roaming around the future HQ of the Silver Ravens. Not sure he's house-broken. Best keep him in the mudroom."

Sovereign Court

After cleansing the room of filth and dragging whatever remains of the ghasts into the hall, Pádraig examines the capstone. Etched on it is a strange insect that stands like a man, its wings folded against its body like a cloak. The engraving has four eyes that look as though they could pressed. They are represented by four gemstones: a malachite, a moonstone, a ruby, and a turquoise. The capstone also looks like it could be forced off.

Taking an especially long look at the capstone, Pádraig detects magic and realizes its rigged with a magical trap, but he can't quite determine its effects from sight or the moderate conjuration aura alone.


URogue 8 HP: 59/59 AC: 25 FF:25 (Improved Uncanny Dodge) T:17 CMB:+6 CMD: 23 F:+4 R:+11 (Evasion) W:+5|Init:+9| Perception +12, Sense Motive +15 Male Dancing Lights 3/3; Charm Person 2/2; Shocking Grasp 1/4; CLW Wand 35/50 Effects:

Victor takes an exhausted seat against the wall, his face pale and clammy and beads of sweat on his forehead. "I'm pooped and I feel like crap. I kinda wonder if I caught something down here.. like a stomach flu or the plague. I could really use some time back in town to rest up."

Unless asked to help, Victor stays put to rest while the others search up the room for now.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"Guys, watch yourselves near the capstone here." He points at the insect etching. "The eyes look like they could be pressed, but it's some kind of magical trap."

Pádraig Henry looks at Victor. "Maybe rest first, and take a look at it in the morning? No sense taking the extra risk right now."


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey looks over at Victor with an appraising eye. "Yeah, it looks like you may have caught some sort of disease down here. Once we have finished clearing out this place we'll see about finding a priest for you Victor."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |
Poem wrote:

Hell’s Coda

“Contract terms are by the book!”
Crooned the Devil to the Crook.
“If you change them I declare
I must know you’re playing fair!”
“In yon vault your papers lie,”
Crowed the Crook in swift reply.
“Door’s locked tight by magic word,
Speak the phrase so it is heard!”

“Moonstone, Moonstone, Ruby bright
Open Turquoise, Malachite!”

As the Devil voiced the phrase,
To the vault he cast his gaze.

When his back was full displayed
Canny Crook plied silver blade!
“None shall mourn your foolish death,”
Voiced the Crook with victor’s breath.

“Devils’ single greatest flaw:
Doubtful wits entrenched in Law!”

"I think we can just press the buttons in that order..." Issil ponders, extremely curious.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
She takes a magical scan of the idol, just in case.

If anyone wants to stop her from fiddling with buttons, be my guest.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"You're probably right, Issil," Pádraig Henry says, as he ducks behind the door for cover. "Can't wait to see what's in the vault."


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Yes, that does seem the logical conclusion," Morvena agrees as she and Pava also take cover as Issil begins fiddling with the buttons - just in case. "Let us hope that we are through with the nasty surprises after this. I am positively sick of cheeky spirits and ambulatory corpses! And Victor seems to be sick in a more literal sense; one of us is bad enough but we do not need more or all of us coming down with the same ailment. A visit to a priest or other healer is most certainly in order, as soon as feasible."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Yeah, but they are so pretty..." Issil's eyes are locked with the statue. Her thoughts are transfixed on the jewels. Can you open turquoise? Can I keep them for myself?


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

Issil tears herself away from the statue. "Wait, Victor. Stick out your tongue."

She takes a look at him. "Oh yeah, I got an idea. Take of your shirt, show me those shoulders." She starts massaging his collarbone.

And casts Lesser Restoration Victor took temporary damage, right?

Con Restored: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Wis Restored: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Wis Restored: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Con Restored: 1d4 ⇒ 4

"...Okay, there we go." After 12 rounds of application, Issil restores him. "Now, back to the shiny stuff."

Sovereign Court

Backing up for a second, as I'd nearly forgotten loot!

The ghasts were wearing a bunch of jewelry, and though most of it has scorch marks, with sufficient cleaning effort, you should still be able to sell it off.

Appraise DC 20, Jewelry:
In total, the jewelry should sell for 3,000 gp.

There's additionally 168 gold pieces scattered through the room, a +1 mithral short sword, and a magical vest.

Spellcraft DC 19, Vest:
This is a [url=https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/r-z/vest-of-escape/]vest of escape

The gemstones that Issil salivates over also look like they can be removed.

Appraise DC 20, Malachite:
500 gp

Appraise DC 20, Moonstone:
500 gp

Appraise DC 20, Turqoise:
500 gp

Appraise DC 20, Ruby:
1000 gp

Sounds like Issil is going to press the buttons in the order she had mentioned, but here's your loot first.

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

Appraise DC20, Jewelry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Detect magic & Spellcraft DC19, Vest: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Appraise DC20, Malachite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Appraise DC20, Moonstone: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Appraise DC20, Turquoise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Appraise DC20, Ruby: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Jackpot, boys and girls! The bling should fetch us 3,000gp." The halfling juggles the four gemstones, once Issil's finished fiddling with them. "The ruby's worth about 1000gp, and the others probably 500gp each."

After examining the vest, Pádraig Henry announces, "It's a vest of escape. Perfect for Victor."


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Well now...at least this venture has proved profitable in spite of all the hazards we have faced here," Morvena smiles broadly. "More gold for the coffers is always a welcome sight!"


HP: 75/75 l AC: 24, T 13, FF 19 l CMD 27 l F +11, R +6, W +5 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +10
Skills:
Climb +8, Diplo +12, Disg +9, Intim +13, Know (Eng) +7, Know (Geog) +6, Know (Hist) +3, Know (Nob) +6, Ride +7, Sense Motive +13, Swim +18
Male Human Fighter (Tactician archetype) 8 l Active Conditions: *Cursed

Geoffrey slaps his forehead in recognition as the poem comes back to his mind. "That's right Issil! You should be OK in bypassing this trap, yet I cannot help but wonder what that capstone conceals. Perhaps we should wait until we are at full strength, in case some guardian lurks therein."


Issil Tanessen | | HP 73/73 | AC 22 T 14 FF 20 | Saves: 7/4/6 | CMD 19 | Perception +0 | Init +4 | Female Human (Chileax) | Oracle 8 | Spells -/7/7/5/4| Stealth Synergy +11 |

"Sounds like you guys really want to wait, huh." Issil frowns. "I'm outvoted here, so sure. Another night in those creepy beds." She shrugs.

Sounds like we're going to rest for the night. Victor's stat damage has been cured... for now.


HP: 42/42 l AC: 14 (17 w/ Mage Armor), T 13, FF 12 (15 w/ Mage Armor) l CMD 16 l F +6, R +5, W +7 l Arcane Reservoir (11/11), Conjurer's Focus (8 min), Consume Spells (3/3) | L1: 5/6, L2: 5/5, L3: 5/5, L4: 3/3 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +2 | Female Human Arcanist (Occultist) 8 l Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Morvena also frowns a bit. "Mm...if Victor and Padraig also feel that another rest might be the most reasonable course of action to take then...I suppose one more evening here with our 'lair' in its' current dilapidated state cannot hurt."

Liberty's Edge

CG Halfling Male Bard (Argent Voice) 8 | Conditions: heroism, good hope, haste | Bardic Performance 16/22 | Spells/Day 1-5/5; 2-2/4; 3-0/3 | Speed 30 ft. | ♫Freedom!♫ HP 59/59 | AC 23/ 15 T/ 20 FF | CMD 20 | Fort +9 (+1 vs drugs or poisons), Reflex +12, Will +9 (+1 vs mind-affecting effects); +2 vs fear; +4 vs bard performance, language-dependent, & sonic | Init +8 | Perception +15, Sense Motive +21

"I don't need the rest myself, but I was worried our technical expert wasn't capable of performing at his best." Pádraig Henry says. "If Victor's ready to press on, then so am I."

3,051 to 3,100 of 5,487 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Hell's Rebels AP with GM Red] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.