Golarion in SPACE! (Inactive)

Game Master Tobaris

Travel to the stars, poke aliens, break planets!


401 to 450 of 497 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Correct.

Amalgus moves forward at a measured pace letting Leila scout ahead, trying to keep her within sensor range.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
"There she is," Bazzle points toward Lelia.
spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
"Whoa she is a sneaky one. I lost her again."


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Uh oh"

Leila continues to move in closer, while her companions cover her from a distance. She makes it a short bit closer from the halfway-point before another stronger breeze hits the party. It is pleasantly cool - the brief difference in temperature almost makes you shiver in delight. Up at point, Leila too notices the sudden wind. She quickly freezes in her track - "I'm upwind from the oasis! I hope -" was all she had time to think before an deafening roar shattered the tranquillity of the scene. "Uh oh!"

From the darkness between a pair of rocks in the oasis, a large creature jumps forth. A pair of dinner plate sized eyes regard the party with hunger as it sniffs in the air. Atop one of the other rocks another creature, from the same species by the looks of it - but better fed, seemingly dislodges itself from the ground. It jumps down next to its companion, blinking and yawning. From the distance you can see its huge maw - filled to the brim with inwards pointing teeth.

The creatures are about the size of an well fed horse, with the yawning one being slightly better stuffed. They look like some unholy mix of an Bulette, a large reptile and a trash compactor. Their skin is mottled in various hues of red-brown, letting it blend in with the environment. This explains how one of the creatures managed to hide in plain sight on top of the rock. Their heads are large, even compared to their bodies - similar to the size ratios of a goblin, but not quite so extreme. Their faces are dominated by a wide (and toothy!) mouth and a large pair of eyes. When the creature emerging from the shadows enter the sunlight, it starts to squint like its companion. If it weren't for the obvious intention of eating you - they could be considered almost cute. A trio of slits above the mouth seems to serve as a nose. There are large, broad claws at the end of its feet.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 14:
Their huge maws makes you think of deepsea fish - creatures known for their tendency to devour everything they find. Considering the size of said mouth you believe the creature would have no problem with gobbling down a man whole. And indeed, it doesn't even appear to have teeth suitable for chewing! Instead they are angled back towards the throat, probably to prevent a meal from escaping (5 foot reach).

From the state of the local flora you would guess they appear to be strictly carnivorous. Judging by its leathery hide you estimate its AC to be in the range of 19-23. As an animal, you suspect magic targeting its mind would be most effective (low will save).

Knowledge (Nature) DC 19 (also the threshold for Kirrin style):
When the creature yawned you noticed something fascinating! The creatures tongue, thick as a human leg, appeared to be attached and rolled in the bottom of the mouth similar to certain species of lizard. That might give it an extra edge to grab and drag things, such as yourself, into its waiting maw.

The claws appear more suitable for digging and shovelling dirt then actual fighting. You would be (unpleasantly) surprised if it actually managed to bring them to bear in close combat. But their presence - in combination with their large eyes - seems to suggest that the creature is capable of spending significant time underneath the ground.

Perhaps the similarities in colouration between the creatures skin and the rocks put your earlies estimators off, but really, its AC is probably at the lover end of the range (19-21). Considering the surprising nimbleness which the creature moves at, and the harsh landscape it thrives in, you would say both its reflex and fortitude save is top notch (~10). Additionally, its powerful build appears well suited to both running and jumping (it has the Run feat and great Acrobatics).

For Henrick - As noted, is enough for Kirrin Style : )

Knowledge (Nature) DC 24:
The creature does not act like a pack predator, so it is unlikely they will employ advanced tactics or engage the same prey. The leaner one appears more hungry and thus more likely to try and bite of more then it could chew (swallow). The better fed specimen is probably content to harass their flank and find something snack sized to drag off (like Leila or Bazzle).

You also manages to pinpoint its AC (20) and estimate its speed to 40'. Under ground, you would guess about half of that. Considering the amount of muscle conected to its jaw, and the angle and sharpness of the teeth - you guess its bite would average between 13-16 damage.

Initiative Monsters: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Initiative Amalgus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Initiative Bazzle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Initiative Henrick: 21 = 21 (to keep it all in one place : ) )

Initiative Leila: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Hight rolls all around! The monsters go first, then the party. No need for any internal structure in the order you act - feel free to act whenever you have time to post! For example, Leila will act in this post.

For positioning, it sounds like you guys decided to follow Leila slowly - which lets you start ~350' from the Oasis. If you want to start closer, just roll a quick stealth and you will start ~250' from the Oasis. Leila starts 175' from the Oasis. The monsters uses their surprise round to the exact base of the Oasis (eg 175' from Leila and 350' from the main party)

Round 1

The leaner of the two monsters runs straight towards the party, showing no hesitation. Its claws clatter against the hard ground as it dashes forth. It bellows once more. The creature makes an impressive pace - just slightly slower then a well trained horse could manage. Far to the east, the Jackalope produces somekind of snack and begins munching it in excitement.

The other takes a more careful approach. It moves closer and sniffs in the air - trying to pinpoint the source of that delicious smell it noticed during the last breeze.

Monster 1 takes a full round action to run. It covers 200' and is now 150' from the main party, 50' from any scouts and 25' past Leila. Its companion moves 40' closer and uses its other move action to attempt to pinpoint Leila with scent.

Leila swallows hard as the creature stampedes past her just a few feet away. She manages to retain her cool and tries to double back to the safety of her friends - without alerting either beast of her presence.

Leila double moves back towards the party. She is then 235' away from the oasis and 115' away from the main party. The closest beast is mere 35' behind her, but her Vanish spell is still holding. Rest of the party is up :)


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

swift action knowledge nature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"I guess my suspicions were correct then. Good to know all the study is for something. "

and he will open up with the bow.

rapid shot, deadly aim
to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 miss
to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 miss
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Round 1

Bazzle looks to those around him pointing at the charging beast, "Clergil agle dorin."

He begins the motions of a spell a blast of light shoots toward the charging beast.

Casts Searing Light
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Please have a low touch AC
damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 3) = 12


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

While I'm not going to post an exhaustive summary of round 1 until Amalgus has the chance to act, I can tell that the creature do have a touch AC of 15 or less : )


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Amalgus' pace never falters, moving at the same measured speed, but his internal matter relocation system kicked on and transported a number of his drones from his body in a pulse of bluish light.

Move 20' forward and cast Summon Monster III SLA.


1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Mechanical wolves summoned. Amalgus summons creatures with the Construct template rather than Fiendish of Celestial.

The drones materialized about thirty feet in front of Amalgus and took off at at full sprint to intercept the creatures attacking Leila.

Full run, 200' feet. That puts them 250' forward of Amalgus' original position.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

@Amalgus - you are aware of that your summons will overshoot the first monster by 100'? (also, if you really wants the range - Your Summon Monster should have a range of 40' (25 + (6/2)*5 = 40))

I'll advance tonight, just want to try and make sure there is no confusion about the lack of map first : )


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Oh. No, I guess I misread that. In that case they'll circle so that they are spread out around them within 50' to prepare for a charge next round.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Round 1 Recap

The foremost beast lumbers forward, shrugging off a pair of Henricks arrows. The third strikes true, opening a gash along the creatures side. Seconds later Bazzles flame scorches the creature and it cries out in pain. Amalgus drones spread out and circles the first beast.

Beast 1 has taken 28 damage

Heal, DC 15:
An educated guess - about an equal amount of damage again would probably be enough to bring the creature down.

Round 2

The closest beast takes a short moment to survey the scene, seemingly weighting their options. It glances over Amalgus drones, but their scents are weird and unappetizing. Instead it lunges at Henrick with an mighty leap, landing just a few feet away. The beast roars and jabs at him, clamping its impressive jaws shut around his free arm. Pain jolts up along the arm and he almost manages to wrench it free - but with a quick twisting last minute adjustment the beast manages to keep its grip. The beast begins to tug at the arm, yanking it and sending further jolts of pain up along it. The beasts mouth it surprisingly dry - sadly, the lack of mucus means that bits and pieces of the creatures previous meals remain stuck among its teeth - giving it a fragrant breath.

Beast 1: To hit: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28

Beast 1: Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Beast 1: Grab: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Beast 1 charges Henrick, covering the last 50' between them. It manages to bite and barely grab him.

The other beast is disappointed that the source of the delicious smell has disappeared. It lets loose a rumbling roar and takes off, hoping that those weird creatures shunned by its companion might provide some sustenance.

Beast 2 runs ~200' closer, toward one of Amalgus drones, ending a mere 15' away from it.

Leila cries out as the first beast attacks Henrick. "Stop it you fugly gnob! Henrick are you okay?!" Taking advantage of the last moments of invisibility and the beast distraction and rushes it from behind, stabbing it with her shortsword. "I'll got your back - get loose already!"

To Hit, Leila: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 31

Confirmation roll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 18

Damage: 2d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + (5) = 9

The small length of sharpened steel in the halflings hand finds it mark, cutting into the knee joint of the creature. It yaps in surprise but still maintains a firm grip of Henricks arm.

Quick Summary:

Beast 1 charged Henrick. Henrick is now Grappled.

Beast 2 ran up 15' from one of Amalgus drones. Both his other drones have clear charge lanes to either of the beasts.

Amalgus is 80' away from Henrick and beast 1, Bazzle is 20' further away. Leila is on the other side of beast 1 and no longer invisible. Beast 2 is ~30 feet to the east side with one of Amalgus drones.

@Henrick - should you attempt to escape:
The CMD to beat is 26.

Should you fail (by 8 or less): As you struggle to escape Leila swiftly conjures a blessing for you. With renewed efforts you strain to free your arm!

Roll 2d4 and add that to your grapple roll to escape. (from Leilas Gallant Inspiration.) If it is enough to succeed - you are free! (yey!)

@Amalgus - should your drone next to beast 2 choose to move:
The large creature reacts with startling speed and lashes out with its long tongue. The tongue of the creature has more in common with a thick muscular rope then the short, wet and mushy organs present in the Golarian companions you acquired.

To Hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Luckily, the shot goes wide and the creature retracts its tongue with a disappointed look on its face.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Roungd 2

Bazzle moves closer to the fray by 30 feet. He lets loos another blast at the creature eating Henrick.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Searing Light Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) = 12


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

Henrick will try to break the grapple. grapple check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"I've been better" he replies as he fails to break free of the creatures maw.


Drones- AC 14, CMD 16 (20 vs trip), HP 30/30

The drones converge on the beast nearest them.

The Drone next to the beast isn't moving. The other two are charging in to help pack-mob the thing.

The first canine-looking drone rushes in on the opposite side of the one who was already engaged, acting much like the creatures who's form they were imitating.

Drone 1, Charge, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
May provoke if creature has reach

Then the second one follows suit.
Drone 1, Charge, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
May provoke if creature has reach

Finally the third, who was already engaged by the creature, moved closer to chomp with it's metal jaws.
Drone 1, Charge, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Amalgus moves closer and raises a hand, firing a thin metal lance from a launcher on his forearm towards the creature attacking Henrick.

Javelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Round 2 Recap

The beast heaves under the combined onslaught of Bazzles magic and the drones. It trashes about, trying to get away from its attacker! When the metal lance from Amalgus impacts, it is if a balloon has been deflated and the creature finally collapses. It hits the ground with a 'thump', causing a small cloud of red dust to form around it. As its jaw slackens, Henricks arm is free (minus a few pieces of the sleeve still stuck to the creatures teeth)!

Beast 1 has taken a total of 60 damage and goes down. Henrick is free!

Round 3

Undaunted by the failure if its companion, the remaining beast steps forth. Deciding to try this new, close, culinary experience it goes for Amalgus closest drone. With a mighty crash it locks its jaws around the drones upper body, lifting it into the air. The drones metal bends and distorts underneath the terrible forces of its maw.

Attack, beast 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Grab: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Seeing her friend free of the menace, Leila jumps into the air with a celebratory shout! "Yey! You made it !" Still smiling she adds "Can you shoot the other one now - before it eats Amalgus *ehm* that piece of him atleast ?" With a sweeping gesture she pulls out some fine sand from a pocket and throws it into the air. "Inimicus ater, lux lucis!" she shouts and calls down a cloud of multicoloured particles on the remaining beast.

Beast 2: will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The creature merely snorts in reply, ignoring all but the cosmetic effects of the spell.

Beast 2 attacks and grabs Amalgus drone. Leila casts glitterdust but it is resisted. Rest of the party is up. Bazzle is ~90' from the beast, Amalgus is ~75' (since it is a bit to the side compared to the other). The two 'free' drones, Leila and Henrick is 30' to the west of the beast (some internal variation, but if wanted a 5 foot step should be sufficient if you want to full attack with point blank shot.)

@Henrick 1) I realized that Kirin Style can probably still be entered/used while grabbed (since I assume it is mainly a mental feat) so you could probably have used it in round two (you may use it retroactively, so you can add damage this round if you want!).

2) Since the creature is now has the grappled condition its AC is two lower then what the Know(Nature) roll stated.


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

A bit ruffled by almost being eaten Henrick regains his composure and takes a step towards the beast before laying in with a volley of arrows.

Effectively by style rules, I could only activate the style last round, and do the identify for effect his round, so I will only apply damage with it next round
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 miss
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 miss
to hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Ok, maybe he still is a bit ruffled.


The drones fought back!

AC 14, CMD 16 (20 vs trip)

Drone 1, Bite, Grappled, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
HP 19/30

Drone 1, Bite, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
HP 30/30

Drone 1, Bite, Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Trip (if attack hits): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
HP 30/30

Sad tuba noises


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Round 3
Bazzle spends the round moving in on the creature. Stopping about 30 feet away. Thats about triple my movement so its a full round action.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

The beast took a total of 19 damage.

Henricks last arrow manages to find its mark, but the other two is deflected by the creatures thick leathery hide - provoking only a muffled grunt from the creature. Likewise, Amalgus drones didn't manage to do more then annoy the large predator.

Round 4

The large beast twists itself backwards, throwing the drone up in the air. With a swift snap it catches it again on its way down, gobbling it down whole. The drone disappears down the gullet of the creature and it smacks its thin lips satisfied. It swings its large head around, surveying the scene. It appears to be searching for a way out now that it managed to snag a meal.

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 16 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 5 = 30

Damage (Swallowed): 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

AC 13 HP 6. That is the to hit threshold and damage needed for Amalgus drone to escape. It is still grappled (eg -2 to hit). Or it can attempt a grapple test against the creatures CMB

Perception DC 20:
Dark clouds are gathering on the horizon.

You may roll a Know(geography) or Survival roll - will post results later. If you point them out, the others may as well.

Leila tries another spell. Her previous attempt to dull the will of the creature was unsuccessful, but perhaps she can distract it some other way? With a quick incantation she Greases the patch of arid earth underneath the beast, hoping to unbalance it.

Beast 2 Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Sadly, it seems once again that her magic is unable to distract the creature.

Team is up :)


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

Hopefully over his shock from being wounded, Henrick lets fly another volley of arrows.

to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 6 = 19 kirin strike shot
to hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damage: 3d8 + 33 ⇒ (5, 8, 8) + 33 = 54 crit
to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Ahh, now that's more like it. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Indeed :P

The beast barely have time to regret its decision to sample this new meal before Henricks arrows strike true. The first embeds itself deeply into its shoulder and the other simply disappears into the creatures right eye. With a sigh the creature collapses - well and truly dead. Amalgus swallowed drone easily crawls its way out of the still corpse - it is surprisingly dry for someone whom just been eaten.

Silence once more reigns over the arid plains of Akiton. In the distance, the tranquillity and promise of the oasis still remains. But soon the silence starts to turn oppressive. The faint chatter of distant Jacktalopes have faded, no wind rustles the tough leaves of the local plantlife. In the far west, dark clouds have formed over the horizon. Their appearance is unsettling - the day was clear just minutes earlier.

Survival or Know (Geography) DC 5:
It doesn't take special knowledge to realize dark clouds mean bad weather. While the exact nature of the weather is unclear, shelter would probably be wise to look for.

Survival or Know (Geography) DC 13:
There are two main possibilities. Either this is a sandstorm, similar to those in arid lands on Golarion. That would mean shelter should be protected from the wind - perhaps a burrow or crevasse in the oasis would serve well?

Or it could be an desperately needed rainstorm. This phenomenon is also present on Golarion - dry lands get to feel the blessed touch of water during a few, intense days or hours of furious downpour. If this is the case, something over ones head should be the first priority. However, a cosy cavern or subterranean area could easily turn into a watery grave!

Survival or Know (Geography) DC 20:
The speed and altitude of the clouds are well in line with what are to be expected from the typical sandstorm. It is close to the ground and moving at high speeds - explaining how it seemingly appeared out of nowhere. You estimate that it would hit you within the hour. While you are not entirely sure, you know a typical sandstorm on Golarion lasts a few hours at most - but you heard of exceptional ones lasting for several days.

Leila

Leila gasps as Henricks deadeye shot drops the beast. "Wow - nice!" She dashes over to Amalgus drone, curious as always. "Hey! This one looks like a dog! Neat!" She turns to wave at Amalgus and Bazzle. Instead she is momentarily stunned. It only lasts for a blink of an eye, then the halfling is jumping and pointing again. "Oooh! Look on the horizon!" She tilts her head to the side. "I bet we could see that from our ship - if we could get the sensors working!"


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

knowledge geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
"Folks, I think we have trouble on the horizon, and I do mean that literally. That looks to be a mean sandstorm inbound. Might be best if we find some cover to hole up in. "

not sure how far the ship is from the present location, but I suspect we won't be able to make that in an hour


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

It took us a few hours to get here, but we didn't hurry overly much. The sandstorm is coming from the west, and the ship (IIRC) is to the south or the east, so a race might certainly be possible. Mainly - I needed something to prevent us from making the one day journey to the city of the Asok before Tobaris can get back :)

"Hole up? I saw a Jacktalope over there earlier!" she points into the distance. The Jacktalope that previously had watched them was nowhere to be seen. Blushing she looks back at Amalgus and Henrick. "But ... *ehm* you two might be too wide to fit in such a hole ..."


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle looks up toward Amalgus, "I don't suppose you can turn into a large dome that a human, a halfling and a gnome can safely hide under."

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"You've the weather eyes Henrick . . . can we make it to the ship or are we searching for impromptu shelter."


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Leila looks to the west, thoughtful. "I suppose we could try for the ship. How much time do we have, Henrick? Or we could try the oasis. You don't think those" She points to the two slain beasts "had some sort of shelter? I mean, it's not like they will be using it..."

Amalgus should be able to calculate how long time it would take to get to the ship, vs the speed of the storm - if someone knows or can approximate the speed of the sandstorm : ). If so, see spoiler below:

Bot Amalgus:

The machine quickly processes his companions query. Can we make it to the ship before the storm? It was a simple task for his advanced mind - geometry and vectors - easy as pie. "It is unlikely we would make it all the way. We estimate about 15-45 minutes of travel would remain as the storm strikes us, depending on its current speed. 15-45 minutes of sandstorm is way below our safety margin - we should make it. The issue will be navigation during this last part, so far we have relied mainly on visual cues."


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Well that means we try the oasis. The beasts had to have some sort of cover if they survived out here. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

The Wall

The party makes good pace across the last hundred feet of flat, dry plains before the wall of rocks mark the 'oasis'. The sun is still scorching the landscape, and the rocks are far to hot to comfortably touch. Still, certain angled specimen provide welcome shade. Sadly, most of the shaded soil was already occupied by the typical Akitoninan thornbush and cacti, trading one discomfort for another. To get further into the 'oasis', one would either have to search for a way up between the rocks or try climbing. Dark clouds are now covering the entire horizon, obscuring the Asok city from view.

Leila

The tiny halfling dashes ahead of the others and races the last few feet towards the wall of rocks. Laughting she calls out and reaches out to tag the wall with her hand. "Hihi! I'm first, I'm be-*OW!*" As soon as she makes contact, she recoils and grins in pain. "That was hot hot hot!" She turns to the others, waving her hand around in a futile attempt to cool it down. "It's sun-baked to perfection. Anyone want fried eggs?" she laughs.

The DC to climb is 15, one check per person climbing is needed. The check is at a -2 penalty since the rock is far to hot to easily touch. If you RP a solution to this, or have protective gear, you can ignore this penalty (nothing complicated is needed).

If you are willing to spend additional 5 minutes you can locate a spot where you can brace against two opposing walls, reducing the DC with 10. If you are willing to spend 5+1d10 minutes, you could locate a path that require no climbing.

If a person makes his climb roll and has a rope, he is welcome to use it! (The DC to climb a rope with a wall to brace against is 5.) Other creative solutions is of course welcome! The wall of rock is ~12' high.

I'll get a description of the Oasis interior up as soon as we get up the walls : )


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Think I can climb this if someone has a rope, I can lower it once I get up top. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Rope?" the halfling looks confused for a moment before exclaiming "Rope!!" and sits down and starts sifting trough her pack. "I know I packed some somewhere here!" After a surprisingly short shuffle she triumphantly starts pulling a long length of rope out of the backpack. She gives Henrick one end and continues to produce more rope. "Here. It should be fifty feet all in all, but I don't think you will need ALL of it!"


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Yeah, probably won't, but I'll take it all anyway. "

climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 "Damn, this rock is like a furnace. "

but he does make it to the top. He will then find some place to fasten the rope and will lower the other end.


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Endure Elements to ignore penalty. 24 hours of heat protection starting now.

Travelers Any Tool converts to masterwork climbing tool
Climb: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22

Amalgus scans the rocks, notes the optimal path and grips the rope. A strange gripping pulley forms from the modular machinery of it's hands and forearms. A whirring noise could be heard as Amalgus' form adapted to help with the climb.

The dog-shaped drones stood calmly keeping watch. When the group had reached the top the drones disappeared piece by piece in a series of bluish pulses as Amalgus' internal Spacial Fold Generator called the drones back to the rejoin the main chassis.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Hello all! I'll move things along when I get home tonight : )


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Sorry for the delay, got distracted by other stuff!

Henrick and Amalgus easily reach the top of the wall, and with the rope safely attached - so does Bazzle and Leila. The party keeps a quick pace and Henrick estimates they have plenty of time to find shelter before the storm strikes.

Your vantage point high upon the wall affords you a great view of the oasis interior - and it seems like that word fits perfectly. Beneath your feet, behind the wall, lush Akitonian plants cover the entire basin. The ferns and cacti and tanglebushes are larger and more vibrant then even those just outside the wall. For the first time since you started the trek, you can even detect the faint aroma of flowers!

The are three features of note in the basin. A series of burrows in the other end of the oasis - no doubt the homes of those creatures you just fought. There is a pile of bones and refuse not far to the west of you. It appear to be mostly Jacktalope skeletons, but also other, larger skeletons you fail to identify from the distance. Lastly - and perhaps most fascinating - is the small three growing almost in the dead centre of the oasis. It appears to have several yellow fruits hanging from its branches, along with its reddish leaves. The three itself is only 15-20' tall.

Another curious thing is the walls themselves. While they appeared jagged and uneven from the outside, now you can see that they form a nearly perfect circle around the oasis. It is approximatively 300' in diameter. If you were to hurdle against the interior of the walls, they would afford some protection against the elements. You can also see several paths down into the interior proper, so getting down is not a problem.

Know(Geography) DC 15:
The circular shape suggests that this is actually an old impact crater. Judging by its size, you would say it was originally about 40-50' deep. Nowadays, it appears to be filled with fresh soil - but the reservoir of water (if present) would almost certainly be found at that depth.

Were to people want to go : )? There is atleast ~45 min until the storm strikes, so you have a decent amount of time!


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Might as well get down in there and check out the lairs. Just as soon be sure there's nothing else waiting around to cause trouble. "


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

"Sounds good. Let's check it out. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

The decent into the oasis proper is surprisingly easy - the path you find currently lies in shadow and the rocks are pleasantly cool to touch. As soon as you set foot on the oasis you make another welcome discovery. The soil here is much softer then the hard and arid ground you spent the first half of the day traversing. No doubt another sign of water. You find a path that seems to be leading towards the burrows, filled with footsteps and claw marks matching those of the beasts. Leila and Bazzle have some trouble seeing over the low walls of vegetation, but the bounding steps suited to Akitons gravity afforded them sufficient overview of the area. Henrick and Amalgus suffered no such problems.

After several minutes of brisk walk the finally reaches the large burrows. There are four holes in the ground, all in all, and they are between 7 and 12 feet in diameter. As such, all but the smallest one allow all party-members to traverse them without problem. Surely, these artificial dens would afford considerable protection against the elements. Looking down into them, you can hear faint moments down there. But the tunnels are pitch black, twisting and snaking their way down into the earth. This limits your ability to pinpoint the source of the sounds with either your eyes or ears.

Know(engineering) DC 12:
The tunnels appears solid. It is extremely unlikely they would collapse or cave-in by a simple sandstorm.

Perception DC 30:
Despite the harsh odds, you manage to sort out the sounds. There appears to be a pair of creatures down there.

This part of the dens are not very steep, no climb test will be needed unless you decide to rush down with your eyes closed. For efficient exploration, you will need some kind of light or darkvision. If you decide to explore, I would also like a marching order : )


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Walls of the tunnel look like they'll hold up through the storm. Seems like a good shelter. "


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

"I hate to be the harbinger of ill news but I think we killed 2 creatures . . . . I see 4 holes."

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Just saying looks empty I guess."


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Hmm, yes, there are noises, but I'm not sure how much threat it could be. Amalgus, could you send out your dogs to take point and then we'll go in after?"


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Leila digs around a bit in her backpack and produces an Bull's Eye lantern, complete with oil and all. With a smile she lights it up and shines the beam down one of the holes. For good measure she also conjures up her Dancing Lights. "Now, whom want to go first? Amalgus, Henricks plan sounds good - if your are willing!"

Going to give him some time to chime in : )


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Amalgus once again deploys his canine-chassis drones.

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


A pack of four rearrange and assemble out of Amalgus' chest and back, moving into the cave.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Amalgus drones take point, each accompanied by one of Leilas Dancing Light. The party follows thirty feet behind, their way enlightened by the halflings lantern. The path twists and turns, lower and lower into the depths - never straight for more then 15-20'. The air is cool and damp, as would be expected. The change of atmosphere is certainly welcome, but after a few minutes you almost misses the warmth of the sun.

After several minutes of of downwards travel, the tunnel widens. It exits into a larger cavern. For once, Leilas lantern is not enough to illuminate the opposing wall. To your left and right, you see in total three other tunnels. In front of you, about forty feet away, is a pool of perfectly still crystal water. The opposite shore of the lake is only dimly illuminated, but you can make out a pair of shapes. The pair is seemingly resting ten, fifteen feet away from the shore.

Survival, DC 10:
You manage to keep track of your direction of travel, despite all the twisting and turning. And you are fairly certain the lake is in the dead centre of the oasis.

Know (Geography) DC 21 Only if you make the survival roll, or if someone tells you!:
One thing occurs to you ... If this is a crater, and that lake is at the centre of that crater ... Perhaps a shard of the original meteorite remains at the bottom of the lake ?

Perception DC 15:
The shapes is another pair of the same creature you already encountered. However, one seems far larger then those you slain. As far as you can tell, they are making no move to attack you.

Edit: Fixed a mistake, feel free to inquiry about you surroundings and such :)


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
knowledge geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

"The lake looks to be about the center of the oasis. "


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
knowledge geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

I'm going to need more then that! To recap: You are in a large cave. Currently, you can almost make out the opposite side but the light you carry with you is too dim to illuminate that side properly. In the middle, there is a pool of very clear water. A bit further away from you, on the other side of the pool, a pair of shapes reside.

You will have to decide what your next course of action is - I'm almost assuming Amalgus drones will scout further ahead, but you could certainly attempt to wait out the storm right here : )


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Seems safe enough. MIght as well look around though. Why don't you have your drones check out the room?"


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

You seem to be on the hook today Henrick : ) I'm prepared to wait for Amalgus and see if he has any input - otherwise I'll try to move this along tonight!

401 to 450 of 497 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Magnam Navigato All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.