Golarion in SPACE! (Inactive)

Game Master Tobaris

Travel to the stars, poke aliens, break planets!


251 to 300 of 497 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"Those descriptors are also not applicable." Amalgus says leading the crew closer to the ship.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Eh?" Leila tilts her head to the side with a puzzled look on her face. Still curious about the 'tin man' she tries a new approach. Walking up beside him she looks up and asks "What descriptors are applicable ?"


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"We are a composite form multi-utility modular engineering prototype."


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Right, that's exactly what I would have guessed. " Henrick replies, with some effort at tamping down the sarcasm.

What have I gotten myself into?


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Oookay" She thinks for a moment "That is really a mouthful. Do we call you c.f.m.u.m.e.p. ..." she pauses to give Amalgus a teasing smile "- or do you prefer something else?"


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"We prefer Amalgus."


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Better! But it is a curious name..."

Amalgus Amalgus Amalgus ... She halts as if she suddenly remembered something. Amalgam! She gives Amalgus a, for once, serious look.

"Amalgam is a mercury mix. You won't give us heavy metal poisoning - will you?"

Then another thought hits her - So obvious! It explains his *ehm* theirs speech! She starts to pace after Amalgus once more and the excitement is back in her voice.

"Amalgam is also a mix, a blend, a combination! Are you one? Or are you ... more? Like *hmm* those golems whom are crafted from different people?"


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"We have the capacity to produce compounds toxic to most organisms, but there is no danger of accidental exposure."

"A visual demonstration may be a clearer way of explaining our nature. The timing is apt, as each of your quarters is in a different location."

As Amalgus walks a piece of his armor disengages, rolls on the ground for a moment, and reconfigures into a vaguely canine quadruped form. Then a second one disengages. Then a third.

In short order each crew member was being led by a separate mechanical creature.

In one voice, they spoke.

"Please follow us to your quarters. Once you stow your possessions we will reconvene to familiarize you with the bridge."


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Eeek! Creepy!" But her words are only filled with excitement and wonder, not fear. She follows her own piece of Amalgus towards the quarters.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1 AC 14 HP 10/10 Init +3 Pass Perception 13 Saves: Str -1 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +2 Wis +1 Ch +3

Kala Kana smiles as he follows his own Amalgus-dog "Excellent crewman Amalgus, you follow the path of many forms as well?"


"We have many configurations, if that is what you are asking." The dog-bot said to Kala Kana.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1 AC 14 HP 10/10 Init +3 Pass Perception 13 Saves: Str -1 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +2 Wis +1 Ch +3

Kala Kana transforms into a jungle cat and continues to follow the Amalgus-dog to his quarters.


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Right, follow a talking dog that came out of nowhere. Why not?" and he will follow the whatever it is.


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

As you are led to your quarters the rest of the crew follows as well Amalgus pointing out quarters for each and the location of cargo areas. The hallways are unusually tall for average humans but the doors seem of a more appropriate size. There are several rails and pipes along the ceiling of the halls and the occasional spheroid canister zips along on it's way. The interior of the ship is primarily stone with metallic fittings. The crew quarters are spacious with one receiving and living area and one sleeping area. The living area has wide low seating formed a strange smooth foam that conform comfortably to whomever sits in them. The sleeping area has a large rounded bed made of a similar foam with silk-like sheets and thick sash belts affixed to the foam. There are a variety of shelves and bulbous shapes scattered around both rooms. Upon inspection pressing a hand into the right place causes the bulbs to open for depositing items.

Amalgus allows everyone to stow their gear before escorting them to their assigned areas.
That's fine Kala


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

Amalgus leads the party to the Bridge, a wide open tiered room with almost entirely crystal walls and metal floors. He directs Henrick, Kala and Thegrim to the three Thrones on the upper tier. The lower tier has several somewhat smaller Thrones. Amalgus then directs Leila and Bazzle into two of those. Amalgus heads to the third and lowest tier and settles into an opening that once he fills sets him flush with the apex of the room.
"Initislize."
The Thrones conform to accomodate their new owners as your senses mingle with that of the ship as if it were a beast so well-trained you can anticipate it's movements.
The crystal panes flicker with light and reveal the prow-ward view of the ship inside the cavern. Henrick and Bazzle have a sense of being able to see in all other directions as well and they are never fully blind to any direction. Kala can feel and sense the interior of the entire ship like and internal skin. Leila feels as though she can hear the entire ship and the outside of the ship in two different ears, yet she feels as though she can only whisper in the ship and not sing to the stars.

Pilot: Henrick
Support: Kala
Backup: ThegrimThe Ogre Paladin

Secondary;
Communications: Leila (in ship only external off-line)
Weapons & Active Defense: Bazzle (Defense screen only all other subsystems offline)


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

Henrick will get up and then sit back down to see what happens.


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

You feel the connection lessen as you step away and return as you sit.

The roof of the cavern shatters and breaks into cat and dog sized chunks which glance off the hull like it was rain on a stone roof.

Amalgus speaks"Helmsman Henrick if you would travel along the path we mark the ship can begin our journey."

Henrick had no clue as how to move the ship for a moment but as the thought occured to him knowledge flooded into him, not knowledge of the mind however knowledge of the body. He felt as if he had new muscles and limbs, and suddenly the knowledge of how to raise the ship and fly it along the glowing path before him was as natural to him as getting out of bed was in the morning.

The island of Magnam Navigato sinks beneath you as the skies surround you. As you fly higher than the tallest peaks Bazzle feels a prickling sensation as one does when leaving warm water into cold air, and he is aware that the ships air is sealed and any air outside is not enough to survive.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1 AC 14 HP 10/10 Init +3 Pass Perception 13 Saves: Str -1 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +2 Wis +1 Ch +3

Kala Kana stretches out his sense and counts the number of organic lifeforms currently on board.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

After investigating the bounciness of the bed and disposing of her backpack she followed the others to the bridge. Always wide eyed she tried to absorb as much of the sights she could on her way. This was truly wonderful!

Upon taking her spot in her 'throne' she gasps as she realizes what it does. She could hear the ship. She could sense the stars - but for now they were mute. But the ship! She could hear the roar of its engines as Henrick moved it towards the sky - she could hear the whispers of the crew inside. Giggling - and suppressing the urge to amplify the sound trough the ship she announced "We fly!"


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Ok. That surely was a new experience. Where are we off to anyway? How long will it take at that?"


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle giggles. After watching Henrick he leans back at his station and wonders what he can accomplish.


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

The four legged utility drones change form quickly in a series of purring servos and clicking gears, vanishing one after another in a flash of bluish light, appearing again on Amalgus and reconfiguring to fill out a humanoid form.

When split into multiple units, the main unit looked vaguely skeletal. A thin and hollow chassis. Now, with all the pieces assembled in one, Amalgus again looked like the tall armored figure they had first seen.

Amalgus' main body was actually interfaced directly with the ship. As the robo-dogs reattached themselves it got harder and harder to tell where the robot ended and the helm began. It suddenly became clear that the ship's construction and Amalgus' matched and were designed to work together as one unit.

"This ship is functional, but by no means complete. Our first priority is finding the necessary materials to repair the external sensors and communications arrays. Unfortunately, with no external sensors to help with the search, our search will be difficult. We have pulled up information in the ship's memory banks regarding places most likely to have what we are looking for. Crewman Henrick's station has already been programmed with potential destinations."

"Each of you has my thanks. This mission could not be undertaken without you."


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Umm how do I ask about the destinations? This is kinda new to us. "


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

Gm?


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle looks toward Amalgus "Repairs huh. Well these systems are somewhat new to me though the probe I repaired seemed somewhat possible to understand. Lets taka look at things if nothing else it can blow what is left of my mind."


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

Kala Kana is able to determine no less than 35 sentient lifeforms aboard and three times that number in non-sentient lifeforms, likely the livestock loaded for the journey.

Golarion Solar System
I will post an interactive map soon. The url should suffice until then.

Amalgus is aware of several potential site for trade and information. The most promising being,
Aballon the Horse: High metal content, environment hostile(lifesuit required for biological units) Advanced Life confirmed, further survey data unavailable
Akiton the Red: Advanced Life confirmed, environment dangerous but not hostile, several trade points, relatively primitive tech in two of three major powers, No known space-faring ability.
Verces the Line: Advanced Life Confirmed, Narrow habitable environment, several trade points, rapid tech growth in some powers, No known space-faring ability.

However this data is at least several hundred years out of date.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Wee starmaps!

Leila confirms that the com-arrays are dead.

"Yepp - space is silent from over here!"


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"From these charts, it seems like Akiton is the closest of the lot, se we might as well head there to start unless there's some other suggestion. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Leila jumps down from her throne and quickly runs over to where Henrick is. Bouncing and stretching she makes an attempt to glance at these fabled charts.

"Akiton? Akiton the Red! Or at least that's what the stargazers I've met have called it! They say it is red from all the heartblood that covers it!" She grins "But they also say that that those borne in my sign should grow tall and impressive. We can all see how that went ..."

No objections!


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"Make it so." Amalgus says to the helmsman.

Always wanted to say that. :)


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Ok, setting course for Akiton. " and then he will see if he can figure out exactly how the heck he's supposed to do that.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Let's have a look then Bazzle!"

She quickly is at his side, tugging his clothes. Unless he fiercely resist she attempts drag him away to explore the ship. Flashing a smile at the other crew and dashing away with light steps she announces

"We are just going to take a look! Be right back!"

Leila can't really achieve impressive results on her own in the repair department - but she should be able to use Aid Other for an +4 bonus to any attempt Bazzle makes at surveying or migrating the damage :)


Male Half-elf Rogue 1 AC 14 HP 10/10 Init +3 Pass Perception 13 Saves: Str -1 Dex +5 Con +2 Int +2 Wis +1 Ch +3

Kala Kana uses the internal sensors to 'watch' Leila and Bazzle explore the ship. How does that translate to his senses?


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle smiles and lets Leila lead the way, "I think the sensors might be a good place to start."


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Good idea! I wonder what the stars sounds like ..." She quickly starts moving away from the bridge only to halt again. "Errr - do you know where they are? Hihi - probably don't matter anyways - lets just go and look around! How big can this ship be?" Once more Leila takes of on a wide eyed exploration tour.


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

After a moments thought Henrick is able to set the ship on it's course, while someone capable of piloting should stay on the bridge, the ship will stay on course. Leila and Henrick together are able to determine the trip should take a few days.

An inspection of the ship reveals that most of it's systems are well beyond all but Amalgus' understanding at least for now.
Amalgus explains that there are some systems which only require exotic materials, there are sections of the ship he believes there are capable of incredible abilities but they are too damaged to repair without a reference. So if possible he would like to find other similar ships to compare .


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"I guess I'll keep a watch here at my station for a full shift then someone can spell me. " and during that time Henrick will work at trying to get a better understand how the controls work and what information is available to him about systems.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

"Okay-dokey! Can I try then ? It would be AWESOME!"

Leila will remain at Henricks side, constantly pestering him about what he can see/find. When he is done, she will take over for a full shift. By the end of it, she will probably be exhausted - yet full of adrenaline and excitement and needing another few hours before she can rest.


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

I surely must have been a real hellion in a prior life to deserve any penance like this. Perhaps I should have just went straight to the Abyss. he thinks to himself as he studiously ignores the little pest offering only an occasional grunt or "uhuh".


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

After receiving the exact same grunt on her last seven inquiries it dawned on Leila that steering the ship might be taxing business. She knew helmsmen on sailing ships might tire fast, especially in harsh weather and she had no idea how weathers worked in space. Perhaps the were in a space-storm right now! Poor Henrick!

With a smile and a "Be right back!" she takes off searching for the ships messhall. After she found it - or if it proved to difficult and she had to go to their sleeping quarters and use her own things - she prepared a cup of hot coffe and a pair of sandwiches which she brought on a tray back to Henrick. "Here you go!" She remained quiet for another few precious minutes of silence before bringing forth her flute and playing a handful of soft melodies.

"Feeling better now?" she asked with a friendly and sympathetic smile, after about half an hour of soothing music. With a grin she continued asking questions about the ship and steering - now in a slower pace.


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"Umm, yeah. Thanks nice of you to make all this. " and he will grab a sandwich and start munching between gulps of coffee.

He will try to answer some of the question on the few things he's managed to figure out. I guess I might as well teach her what I've figured out since she's going to spell me.


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Leila absorbs all the knowledge Henrick can throw her way, like a sponge with impressed "Ahhaa ! Ohum" thrown in for good measure.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

While searching the ship with Leila.

When Bazzle passes one of the Amalgus dogs. "Where are the sensor devices located? Do we have some scrolls on how they work."


The Amalgus drone leads Bazzle to the sensors.

"Schematics and operating instructions are accessible on that screen there."

GM, I think you're going to have to steer us by the nose a little bit. Don't worry about railroading. Just give us an info-dump and fast forward us to a point where we can make informed decisions.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle looks at the foreign systems. "Leila I think I am going to be awhile. I think. Bring me a snack and be a pleasant distraction in a few hours." He finishes with a wink.

Bazzle looks over the schematic (depending on the language that might seem more or less miraculous). He pours through the schematics after a few lost minutes reading, pausing, "Stop trying to figure how it works . . . what can it do knowing it does work whether I understand how or not?" Redoubling his efforts he looks over the schematics and looking for what may be the problem.


Male Kobold (reincarnated as) Human level 6 DungeonMaster/Level 2 Munchkin

Bazzle discovers the rather interesting screen which is a map of the ship, whenever he presses a point on the map it focuses and informs in greater detail what he is looking at. Unfortunately Bazzle find the the Primary Sensor Crystals have been destroyed, however he is able to receive a description of suitable replacement crystals and finds it oddly easy to remember.

Over Akiton:
There appear to be five major landmarks not including a large canyon running along the length of the planet. One appears to be a scattering of settlements at the base of a massive mountain, Another Appears to be a delicate city of towers and spires. Three look to be major cities, one of which is based in the canyon.

I am aware at the same time if any of you want to run with an idea or want to ask me things through pm or discussion I may be able to better clarify what you do and don't know.


HP 50/50, Fast heal 3, AC 19, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, Summon 9/10, Sunlight Dependant

"Records indicate that there are five areas likely to have what we seek."

"Two cities of moderate size. One city at the base of this large canyon. A settlement at the base of this mountain, and this city here, which appears to have significantly more developed architectural technology than the surrounding areas."

"Without any further information, one choice is as valid as any other. Do any of you have a preference?"

Do we know anything about what the inhabitants of this planet are supposed to be like?


male Init +4, AC 18, T 14, FF 14, Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4, Percep +16 Fighter 7

"If we're already at a city, might as well land and check it out. "


Female Halfling Bard (Sandman) 7 | Hp 37/49 | AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16 | CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +6, +2 vs fear, +4 vs sonic, language and bardic, +7 ref vs traps | Per +12, +17 vs traps in 10 ft. | Init +3

Exploring with Bazzle

To answer Bazzle Leila adopted the most teasing tone she knew "You would like that, wouldn't you Mister?" Laughing she patted the gnomes back "Don't worry - I'll make sure you don't starve to death leaning over these panels!" With those words and a smile she took of to look around the rest of the ship, before returning to accompany Henrick.

A few hours she returned with a cup of coffee and a pair of sandwiches for Bazzle too. "How are you doing ? I'm trying to learn how to fly from Henrick but" she grimaces "flying this ship seems to absorb almost all of his attention. Maybe he is just stressed out" She set down the tray for Bazzle and retrieved her flute and played a soothing melody.

I'm going to assume the exploration takes place at about the same time Henrick is 'driving'. So when Leila leaves Bazzle the second time she will return to Henrick with his meal also - thus completing the space-time loop : )

Later, over Akiton

"A CITY?!" Leila could barley contain her excitement. She been to foreign cities before, but on another world? That sure must be something! Bouncing up and down she added "Think about all the wonders they surely must have there! All the people! The bazaars - everything!"


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 4 HP 39/39 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +1 R +7 W +0 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +7

Bazzle thanks Lelia eats his sandwhich as he continues to study. After some time he joins the others, "I have determined the issue with the sensors we need to replace some crystals."

251 to 300 of 497 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Magnam Navigato All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.