GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,604 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche nods stiffly at Joli assertion. "Underwater. Remain hidden." The surf plays at his waist while he walks around the hippocampi, inspecting the unfamiliar creatures. "Once we get close I can send my sight onto the island. Hopefully Silt's divination will provide actionable information."

He gives Skylla's neck an experimental pat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grehunde's Gorget

Silt casts his spell, staring into the still pool while clutching some of Soran's hair.

Silt's vision:
You see Soran. He is in a cell, filled with people. There are three cells total, walled off behind shimmering force fields, and dozens of people there. Some are so weak and starved that they have to hold one another for stability. No one speaks much. There are faces you recognize: Carver, Alba, Antona. There are many you don't: presumably colonists from the first wave.

Sitting on the floor away from the other prisoners is a tall, pale elf with long white hair and piercing blue eyes. You didn't hear of any elves in the first wave matching that description.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Oh wow!" Toby excited moves over to the summoned creatures, thoroughly examining them. "They're so cool!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Silt relays what he sees.

Soran lies caged in shiny air. There are three shine-pens. Others, trapped also. Some: too empty to stand; all: too sad for words. Carver, Alba, Antona wait for doom with strangers. One elf sits alone. They have water eyes and cloud hair.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

“I’m so glad they’re alive! Let’s not forget the stalker’s words: Their guards in some way include others from the colony. Shall we go?” Joli joins Purpose beside Scylla, stroking the beautiful sea mare’s muzzle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt jumps up and looks at Karl. Guard the village!

Our friends, starving cattle! They cannot wait! Silt sees red on the sky-end, too — the gushing rass berries of murdered evil! His body heaves, transforming into a scrag as he leaps into the waves.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Friendly Magical Beast

Alone on the beach, Karl quietly chews on a dead seagull.

He then stands on his hind legs with a wing hanging out of his mouth, watching the scrag swim off. A strange gesture of defiance, or farewell — who knows? He burrows away, into the sand.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”Carver is alive! The society will be so pleased to hear. Let’s set off at once! The storm isn’t waiting...”

Riku shifts into his Sea-Scarred form and climbs onto his mount.


Grehunde's Gorget

You pause about a quarter mile from the shore and tread water while Purpose sends a mind's eye in to explore.

An ancient, square, stone tower stands in the sand at the water’s edge. The tower’s battlements show few cracks and little wear despite the construction’s apparent age, but the tower’s upper stories have crumbled away, and only a broken stump and piles of rubble remain.

Just outside the building, the eye sees a boat. It seems to have been pulled ashore only a couple of days ago.

In the moist sand outside the tower, it is easy to notice recent footprints, and though they are partially smudged, it is evident that
most of them belong to Medium humanoid creatures, but one set of footprints belongs to a bigger creature. The most recent footprints lead west.

The tower’s wooden double door has long since rotten away. A steel ladder (Climb DC 5) in the courtyard leads up to the tower’s battlements at the height of 20 feet. Despite the advanced building techniques the ancient Azlanti used, Earthfall and millennia of erosion have caused the tower’s upper floor to collapse, and now only the crumbling remains of the lower floor remain.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

A couple eye-related questions:
-I would've cast see invisibility before I sent it out eye, and it uses my senses - does that change anything?

-Double checking, no sign of creatures/guards outside the tower?
-Are there any holes or gaps big enough for the Fine-sized eye to get inside?


Grehunde's Gorget

The eye enters the building.

Inside the tower, a large copper plaque mounted on the wall has a map carved into the layers of thick verdigris encrusted upon it. A large stone table sits in the center of the room, and rubble from the upper floor lies in piles. (Map up on Slides.)


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche sits immobile on the hippocampus's back. One arm is wrapped around Joli's waist, while the other reaches into his coat towards the dilapidated Erastilian tome. Flakes of illusory ash float out of the pocket and melt into the waters beyond.

The wyrwood's vision, meanwhile, soars just above frothing waves. It shoots through the surf, skims along coarsely textured beach, pauses to inspect the boat and each footprint, then flies towards the tower. The view fills with the blur of dark stone while the conjured eye scales the ancient tower, circumnavigating the structure while Purpose Creche looks for sentries, traps, and other possible dangers.

A final glimpse of pitted masonry stark against island skies, then the eye plummets towards a door and enters the structure.

---

He stirs, scouting complete, and relays his findings to his companions.


Grehunde's Gorget

Perception:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32, possible height. awareness/see invis.
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

As everyone discusses Purpose's findings, the wyrwood suddenly notices something much closer: two disgusting blobs of rancid flesh swimming quickly toward you.

DC 15 Knowledge (Dungeoneering):
These are globsters! They are oozes with the aquatic subtype.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Blob 1: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (10) - 5 = 5
Blob 2: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (19) - 5 = 14

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon
Toby
Joli

Blob 2
Silt
Blob 1


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Active conditions:

heightened awareness, see invisibility

"They've found us."

When he kicks off from the mount, Purpose Creche's cloak ripples and envelopes him, and he skates forward as a manta ray. He reaches out to the experiences contained in the battered prayerbook. (casting heightened awareness)

Knowledge (dungeoneering: 1d2 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
But it's for nought!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Dungeineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Joli calls on his ancestors to guide Tobi’s aim. The teen wolf hears the unmistakable whisper of a wizened grippli in his mind’s ear, guiding his aim.

+2 bonus to any roll before Joli’s next turn


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Gross! What the heck are these things!?" You all feel currents pulling you slightly toward the young rougarou as Toby gathers power from the water around him, sending out a blast of freezing cold water toward the nearest abomination. As the blast travels, the water crystallizes, becoming freezing cold shards of painful ice. Gather power to pay for metakinesis, infusion specialization pays for extended range, accepting 2 burn for an ice composite blast.

ice composite blast (physical) vs. #2, elem overflow, Joli's guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 17
1/2 cold, 1/2 piercing damage, elem overflow: 8d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 2, 5, 5, 6, 2) + 13 + 4 = 50 Empowered to 75 damage, half piercing, half cold. Yay new toys!


**BZZZTT!** Botting for the GM!

Toby's aim is thrown off by the movement of the hippocampus, nearly causing him to miss. Joli's steadying words, however, right his hand and the mass of freezing ice impacts with the nearer blob. The beast's flesh is tough, though, and the piercing shards of ice seem to bounce off of it harmlessly. Some frost does form, cracking the creature's skin, but even that seems to be somewhat resisted. Would have missed if not for Joli's guidance. The creature seems completely immune to the piercing, and to have some serious resistance to the cold.

-----

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon
Toby
Joli
Blob 2 -27hp
Silt
Blob 1

The Harpoon may act.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Kn: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

”Globsters! Like living orca spit. They are aquatic oozes.”

Ride check to fast dismount: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Riku is too immediately flustered to quickly dismount, but he collects himself and climbs off. Move action

Seeing that piercing damage did not harm the globsters, he does not activate the spikes on his harpoon leg, and instead moves forward, fists at the ready.

If I understand it, you can attempt a free ride check to dismount quickly, but failing that you can spend a move to dismount. Hopefully I read that right.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

I feel like I recognize that Botitron from somewhere. So eerily familiar...


**BZZZTT!** Pay no attention to the bot behind the curtain!!

The blob wiggles its way forward with surprising speed, tentacles waving and reaching toward The Harpoon. As it approaches, the water around it takes on a disgusting, acrid taste, bringing tears to The Harpoon's eyes. Double move, bringing it's stench aura within range. Riku, please make a Fort save or be sickened.

-----

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon Fort save vs. stinky water
Toby
Joli
Blob 2 -27hp
Silt
Blob 1

Silt may act.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt swims around to avoid getting into Toby's line of fire.

fort save vs stench: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

He power attacks the ooze with his greatsword!
Power Attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 :/

Slashing, magic: 2d6 + 16 ⇒ (2, 6) + 16 = 24


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Fort save vs stench: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


**BZZZTT!**

Riku and Silt manage to resist the foul stench as Silt moves in to attack. His swing is wild, but the ooze, being an ooze, is unable to dodge it and suffers a severe gash.

The second ooze, meanwhile, swims forward, eyeing Scrag'chaak hungrily (if a bit ambitiously). Silt, another Fort save against this one's particular brand of stench, please.

-----

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Toby
Joli
Blob 2 -51hp
Silt Bolstered vs. #2 stench; Fort save needed vs. #1
Blob 1

Purpose, Riku, Toby, and Joli may act. Please make a DC 18 Fort save if you come within 30ft of a blob. Sickened on a failure, bolstered against that particular aura on a success.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Ride to quick dismount: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Toby growls in frustration as he struggles to dismount from his ride. He adjusts forward a little and unleashes another blast, this time focusing on the cold energy, rather than the shaped ice. Move action to dismount, accepting another point of burn to empower a cold blast.

energy blast vs. touch vs. #2, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 14
cold damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 19 Empowered to 27 cold damge.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Forgot the save vs. the stench.

Fort save (3+ burn): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


**BZZZTT!**

Though it has some resistance, the badly injured ooze is no match for Toby's blast of pure cold which easily touches the creature, freezing it inito a solid block of sludge! #2 is down, but the corpse continues spewing out the disgusting stench.

-----

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Toby Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Joli
Blob 2 Stench remains.
Silt Bolstered vs. #2 stench; Fort save needed vs. #1
Blob 1

Purpose, Riku, and Joli may act, and now that #2 is down Silt may act as well. Please make a DC 18 Fort save if you come within 30ft of a blob. Sickened on a failure, bolstered against that particular aura on a success.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

That should have been 3d6 on the last round! If you add 1d6 ⇒ 3 would that have killed #1? Then Toby could have fired on #2 instead.

save vs #1's stench: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Silt swims behind blob #1.

Power attack, Furious Focus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Slashing. magical: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 16 = 31


**BZZZTT!**

It still would have been a few points short of death.

Silt swims forward and repeats his performance, connecting despite a wild swing and leaving a massive gash across the creature.

-----

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Toby Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Joli
Blob 2 Stench remains.
Silt Bolstered vs. both
Blob 1 -31 hp

Purpose, Riku, and Joli may act. Please make a DC 18 Fort save if you come within 30ft of a blob. Sickened on a failure, bolstered against that particular aura on a success.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Great shot, Toby! Keep hammering them!" Joli maintains his position. The same grippli spirit urges the rougarou to use the force of his blasts against the creature.

This time a different buff, which I need to remember to use all the time: Toby gets a +1 to hit and damage until he hits a target, which can happen whenever.

Ancestral Blessing (Su):

The shaman can grant the blessings of her ancestors to any ally within 30 feet. The blessed creature receives a +1 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls. This blessing lasts until the blessed creature hits with an attack or deals damage to a target.

The shaman can have only one ancestral blessing active at a time. If the shaman uses this ability again, the previous blessing immediately ends. At 8th level and 16th level, the bonuses provided by this blessing increase by 1.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku charges blob #1 and attempts to punch it in the pseudopod!

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

As he moves in though the stench grosses him out a little bit ‘cause the dirty water gets in his mouth.

Punch to the pseudopod: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 23
Punch!: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche arcs around the first carcass to take up position opposite Riku, hoping to distract the remaining foe.
(Double move, draw sword!)


Grehunde's Gorget

Unfortunately, the Harpoon's punch has no effect! The flesh gives way under your fist.

The blob attacks the Harpoon!

slam!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

But not very well!

Initiative!
Purpose
The Harpoon Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Toby Bolstered vs. #2 stench
Joli
Blob 2 Stench remains.
Silt Bolstered vs. both
Blob 1 -31 hp

Everyone is up!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt swings at the ooze, trying to end this.

power attack, furious fofus, flank: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

slashing, magical: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) + 16 = 30


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Silt may have just killed it. If not:

Toby swims to get a clear shot, then unleashes another blast of cold at the remaining creature.

Fort save (3+ burn) vs. stench: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

energy blast vs. touch, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 20
cold damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 4) + 3 + 1 + 4 = 23


Grehunde's Gorget

Silt did kill it! Out of combat!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli gives a cheer and calls upon his ancestor to continue guiding Toby’s aim. “Those things look worse than Karl’s droppings. No offense to Karl.”


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche pokes curiously at the mass of flesh. "Riku, what else do you know about these creatures. Are they created by others. Could they serve as watch dogs for the aboleth's forces."

I figure if they're manufactured rather than naturally occurring then there's more cause for concern!


Grehunde's Gorget

Riku knows that a globster is a living collection of half-digested parts from large sea creatures such as whales and squid.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku considers Purpose Creche’s question for a moment.

”They come from whale vomit. It may be possible, somehow, to forcibly create them. That would be truly evil.” Riku shudders at the thought. ”But train them? They are not smart like dogs.”


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby gives Riku a pointed look.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Whale are not owl. The extra pieces come out the other end, Riku.

Silt wipes pieces of ooze from his new friend's shoulder.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Twould be a vile trick to train a whale's stomach. I imagine this Onthooth would try." Joli guides his mount to Purpose and offers him a hand. "Your eye saw no guards? I'm not sure whether that should comfort me."


Grehunde's Gorget

Nothing else will impede your journey to the watchtower!

Okay, I think I figured out the map! We are looking at the first floor. The ladder leads you up twenty feet to the battlement, which is over the white part of the map. The gray part of the map is filled with rubble, as the floor above it crumbled.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Active Conditions:
heightened awareness, see invisibility

Purpose Creche takes Joli's hand and floats into position behind the grippli. His black manta hide flows off his body and back into the form of a cloak.

"No guards. And I agree. It makes me very suspicious." He adjusts his seating on the hippocamp. "Maybe this tower is not where the colonists are kept. Maybe Silt saw a different location."

When the group reaches the beach, the wyrwood cautiously makes his way forward. With see invisibility!
Perception to scope out the tower grounds: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30

Ok, so if the ground level was choked, was there any indication of other ways to get inside?
I'm also just realizing that maybe this is an easy place for them to do mirror signals, and that the colonists are somewhere else. It does seem weird that they'd be stored right on a beach.


Grehunde's Gorget

We're talking difficult terrain levels of rubble, not 'can't get in' levels! You can explore the ground level.

Purpose sees no sign of anyone on the grounds, though, but does see a boat! It seems to be the Liberty's Herald ship's boat. (It also would have been there when you explored with your mind eye, sorry.)

Taking the time to study the tracks, you can try to identify what kinds of creatures made them.

DC 20 Knowledge (local):
You recognize human footprints.

DC 24 Knowledge (dungeoneering):
You recognize faceless stalker tracks, in their natural form.

DC 27 Knowledge (nature):
You notice that there are large prints made by an unusually big skum.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli gives each of the hippocampi a hug as the party dismounts.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He hops up toward the building, oblivious.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Kn: Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kn: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

”I can say these footprints are human. Perhaps they belong to the prisoners. Those others, I’m not sure about.”

He looks back at his own tracks in the sand, curious as to how they would be identified with his harpoon leg.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Well, I guess we better follow then. Wish I knew what these other tracks were, though." Toby cautiously leans down and sniffs the ground. Any familiar smells?


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche nods stiffly at Riku's observation, but has none of his own insights to add.
Not much RP juice today, but I'd like to search the ruins thoroughly!

Knowledge (local), heightened awareness: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Knowledge (dungeoneering), heightened awareness: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Knowledge (nature), heightened awareness, sudden insight: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 3 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grehunde's Gorget

Toby recognizes the smells of humans and faceless stalkers, and notices the faint smell of a skum.

The group moves into the building to investigate. You see no sign of life until suddenly, the large stone table speaks to you.

Aquan:
“Come on, you’re home. Time to drop your ridiculous disguises.”

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,604 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.