GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


3,651 to 3,700 of 4,604 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Silt looks around for other hiding wyrwoods.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

if there are more wyrwood:
Why? Because it is hard to fool cunning Silt. He sees all of you, hiding like little rass berries in the shadow. he points to any others hiding as he speaks Silt has a strong position, with friends, against the mean wyrwoods. And he is still being a nice Locathah.

if there are no more wyrwood:
Why? I see… he slowly counts on his fingers, Three. Three little wyr-woods. He counts again, on the other hand. Five. Five nice friends. Five nice friends who come here with presents, arms wide.

Cuttlefish change color — in the sea, sand, kelp, or coral. It may be the nice wyrwoods are changing too, becoming mean, stuck on this island forever circled with enemies. It would be sad if they never had friends, or learned to swim further and free.

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli moves next to Purpose. "How long have you lived under threat from Onthooth and his clay-faced minions? We offer a chance to consider other things. To live at peace with friendly neighbors. You could try to kill us, but that would leave you in the same state. Without friends or allies. Please let us help and aid us in return."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Another wyrwood does pop out of the woods after Silt points. They examine Joli carefully.

"Perhaps we should take you to see Locwudo."

The wyrwood gestures, inviting you to follow. They eye your weapons carefully, but seem to think asking you to leave them behind might be a bad idea.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku nods and follows the others, thinking it’s for the best that the encounter didn’t come to blows.

”Who is Locwudo?”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"Locwudo is the village elder."


Silt follows.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli gives a small bow in acknowledgment and happily follows.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Broken remains of ships and boats on the shore form a perimeter around heaps of barrels, crates, and other items that look like salvaged cargo. Additional ladders, nets, ropes, and weights have been attached to the ships and boats. A crimson flag on the mast of the largest ship proudly blows in the wind.

A few more wyrwoods peer at you, but the total number in the settlement can't be more than two dozen. Your welcoming committee leads you inside a structure built from the hull of a ship, to a wyrwood whose wood is somewhat more weathered and worn, with intricate patterns.

"And who is this?"

"They don't seem to be faceless stalkers, but we're not sure what to make of them."

"Well, then, why don't you," and the wyrwood gesture to your group, "tell me your story?"


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli looks to Purpose, putting his long-fingered hand on his friend's shoulder. He looks around for any signs of knowledge the wyrwoods might display of Onthooth and his minions.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


2 people marked this as a favorite.
N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche stays quiet while they travel, unwilling to ask any of his numerous questions given their tenuous situation.

When the wyrwood elder asks for their story, he takes a moment to organize his thoughts. He briefly places a hand atop Joli's before sharing the Oathsworn's goals.
"We are from Talmandor's Bounty. A settlement on the larger island to the east. We are preyed upon by the ugothols. They kidnapped some of our friends. Impersonated them and attacked us. We hope to rescue them. And to secure the long term safety and prosperity of our community."

He pauses again, tilting his head from side to side. "I have my own story. A personal one. Complicated. Maybe your community could help me. But that issue issue is secondary. For now." One hand curls around his waistband, the other around the weathered splinter in his pocket. The iron spiral, its new star still securely fastened behind, is just visible above his neckline.

He's not going to drop all my personal baggage on them for the moment! And he's slowly learning to not put his interests before others' priorities.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli nods sagaciously as Purpose makes his case. "But it isn't just our people whom we wish to protect. On the island there are also folk with wings, and locathah like my friend Silt. Now we're honored to meet you, with whom Purpose shares a birthright. May I ask: What cruelties have the ugothols and their master enacted upon you? How may we help?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Nothing if not consistent


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Locwudo responds. "“We’ve seen many ugothols here in the north, but the ugly creatures are smart enough to stay out of our territory. Those ugly creatures can change their appearance. They live in caves near the river. They haven’t always been living here on the island. Something or someone made them come here. We need no help defending ourselves against them.”


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”When did you first notice them? Riku asks.

”Allow me to introduce myself, I am RIku Yumehito, from Minkai. Some call me The Harpoon.” He gives Locwudo a bow.

”I belong to a group called the Pathfinder Society. One of our members recently went missing, along with the others on the island east of here. I have been trying to track him down and return him to safety. These ugothols are no doubt involved. Perhaps you could point us in the direction of their caves?”


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"I am Lucwudo, the eldest of the wyrwoods. I can certainly tell you where they live." They give you directions that align with the area you saw marked "Home" on the map in the watchtower.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The elderly wyrwood lays a hand on Purpose's arm, feeling the divots in the wood. "And who created you? Another wyrwood, or the ancients?"


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Another wyrwood. We traveled throughout northern Garund. A continent across the ocean to the east. It was hard to live there. We were very different from the others we met. Thinking differently. Feeling differently." Purpose Creche places a tentative hand on Lucwudo, comparing the older wyrwood's construction with his own. "That is part of why I'm on these islands. To learn to make others who can more easily move through the world. From Azlanti knowledge. Could you tell me about the ancients. About yourselves."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Locwudo hesitates.

"I am one of the few who was created by the Azlanti. We made the rest from the remains of the shipwrecks as we could find the ioun stones to do so. The ancients were...not kind to us. They created us to be servants. Slaves. When the meteors started falling and the people fled in panic, we rebelled, killing our masters and stealing the secrets to creating more of their kind."

Though the subject is distressing, the wyrwood's steady voice never falters.

"We number about twenty-four here. We have not met a wyrwood from elsewhere before."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"My family was only half that number."

Purpose Creche is silent a while, thinking. "The more we learn. The more I see the Azlanti were not as great I once thought. But maybe their knowledge can help me. I would like to learn as much as I can about them. Could you tell me."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"I prefer not to dwell on those who once did us harm. You will find wreckage of their creations all over this island."


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli listens intently, standing next to his friend as he chats with a likely, living ancestor. He speaks with some care.

"It was presumptuous of me to think we could help you. Since before Earthfall! The things you must have seen... What has kept you here these many centuries? Have you had any neighbors who made your existence here better?"


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"Bah! No. Besides the ugothol, ulat-kini are common in the southeast, but we don’t know where their lair is. Ghost lanterns inhabit the southern marshes. Many kinds of beasts also live in the woods and marshes.”

DC 22 Knowledge (nature):
Ulat-kini are skum.

DC 26 Knowledge (dungeoneering):
Ghost lanterns sounds like will-o'-wisps.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Ah, yes. Ulat-kini. More servants of the aboleths." Joli looks to Purpose for more insight, but goes on. "I admire your strength in keeping your place here among such hostile neighbors. I've found my friend Purpose to have similar strength. What more might you want in your long existence? For myself: I seek to make these islands free for peace-loving folk to traverse, without harming each other."

Just some context: Joli's pretty determined to forge alliances where possible, and is winding up to ask the wyrwoods to at least let the party use their territory to rest and stage strikes.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27
Purpose Creche shares what he knows, and continues to talk with the wyrwoods for as long as both they and his companions will allow. I feel like he wouldn't press for information about the Azlanti, but he would like to try to set up something where he can come back and stay/speak with the wyrwoods occasionally. He's thinking learning through proximity is important, and it's very important to him to learn/build community with these folks.

Headed to the airport, posts will be curt probably 'til Tuesday!


Silt thinks to himself, Knowing it was picked by slaves, this famous Azlan tea must taste horrible.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku listens patiently, also keen to use this island as a base of operations of sorts. But a part of his mind is restless and wonders if Carver and the others are still alive and how they are faring if so.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Locwudo is willing to tell you more about the island's other inhabitants.

"The ulat-kini look like walking frogs and fish, and they’re cruel creatures, but thankfully, they don’t bother us. They live somewhere many miles to the south, and they like swimming better than walking, so we don’t run into them too often here. The ghost lanterns are intelligent, flying balls of light—that’s why we call them ghost lanterns. There is an ancient place built from stone where they gather at dusk. It is said they know everything that happens on this island, but I should warn you, they’re not very welcoming to visitors. The stories say you should carry a lantern or other light source when you approach them or they’ll think you’re an enemy."

"I must ask: the scouts said you had ioun stones. Are you willing to barter? We are always trying to make more of us."

Locwudo shows their wares available for trade: shadow essence poison (4 doses), a horn of fog, a pearl of power (1st), a pirate’s eye patch (UE), a shark tooth amulet (ARG), and a vest of escape.

"Yes, you may rest here, when you'd like to."


Silt turns to Purpose. I don't remember if we have the magic rocks. Do we, Purpose? More like you would be nice.

Silt frowns at the idea of talking to the Ghost Lanterns. Suffering friends are suffering! We were going to save them! Will the mean ghosts help?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Whenever you're done talking with Locwudo, we can move on.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku bows to Locwudo and says, ”Thank you for the kind offer. A place to camp would be nice. Perhaps we can fish up some dinner. Do you prefer rice or bread?” And then with a nod to SIlt, ”Or perhaps potatoes?”


Silt nods. Cold tea and tubers.

Silt votes to rest and move on to save the friends tomorrow, following our original plan, even though the will-o-wisps might provide some information.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That night Silt spends a long time alone in a corner, counting slowly on his fingers over and over again, muttering to himself.

Hours later, in the middle of the night, he taps on Riku's shoulder, waking him.

I practice the magic-sounding words, like you said I could.

He recites:

Finding rass berry
Shiny rock in magic bag
Drips now happy red

His eyes gleam in the low firelight. Can you see? Rock is happy: it murdered berry and is drenched in blood. Pretty words! He goes off to sleep near his bag of rocks, content.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Locwudo speaks to Purpose that evening.

"You say that you can make more ioun stones. If you can teach us the secret, we can teach you how to use them to bring life to more wyrwoods. We use the wood from the shipwrecks. It is old, but sturdy."


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby, worried, curls up early to sleep. They look like purpose, but they don't act like him. What if they change their mind, decide not to be friendly after all?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The two wyrwoods speak late into the night.

The group wakes up the next morning, safe and well-rested.

You head back into the hollow woods to make your way toward the spot marked "Home" on the map. Once you're a little closer than a mile to it, Purpose sends out a mind's eye.

A crack in the hillside opens into a spacious natural cavern. Horrific screeches resembling those of a panicked animal echo within the cavern.

DC 10 Knowledge (nature) (Purpose only):
It sounds like a frenzied rat.

DC 15 Knowledge (nature) (Purpose only, same check as above):
Something seems very unnatural about that rat.

DC 15 Perception or Survival (Purpose only):
There's a lot of junk piled up near the cave's entrance. You get a sense that someone left in a hurry.

DC 22 Survival (Purpose only):
You spot tracks leading from the cave's entrance to a nearby river.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche notes the strange rat sounds and the hastily-piled junk, then sends the eye into the cavern.


Fort save on the next day to see if 1 charisma drain is permanent?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Silt casts Greater Longstrider. Before getting into the cave he'll cast a Barkskin too.

He'll also prep Strong Jaw in his 4th level slot today, and a greater magic fang in his remaining 3rd level slot. He transforms into a scrag.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Purpose sees the source of the cries: a giant rat writhing and thrashing in the water as if in great pain. Suddenly, the creature’s neck twists around itself, and a pair of legs grows from its stomach, only to melt away a moment later. For a moment, the rat looks normal again, but then the horrific convulsions start anew.

DC 27 Knowledge (planes) (Purpose Only):
You suspect the condition was caused by a chaos beast.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

As the party approaches, Joli sings, asking for the support of his ancestors (heroism).


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche returns to his own body and reports what he saw, including the creature.

”Something inside. A rat but not a rat. Sprouting limbs. In great pain.” Once they draw close, he advances cautiously towards the cave entrance, bow drawn.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 3 = 17


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"A rat, but not a rat...fine."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The party enters the cave. The bizarre dire rat is there, just as Purpose described. It inches menacingly toward you.

That Knowledge (planes) check three posts back is now available to anyone!

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
weird rat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Initiative!
Purpose
Harpoon
Joli
Toby
Silt

Rat


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

"It's been affected by a chaos beast! Methinks it's not alone."

Joli whistles up a dense skin of maple bark and holds his ground.

Toby, don't forget you have +1 to attack and damage rolls until you hit.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt is always in Scrag form unless otherwise noted.

Silt moves out of the way, drawing the greatsword while he does so. He readies to attack if it comes within reach, understanding that it (or other rats) might also provoke if it moves through a threatened square.

readied attack:

Power Attack, furious focus, destructive smite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
slashing, magical: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) + 19 = 32

AOO, if triggered:

Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25
slashing, magical: 3d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 16 = 20


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Toby steps to where he can clearly see the creature. "I don't know what a chaos-beast is, but I'm sure it's not good." Eyeing the water nervously, he sends a powerful blast at the rat, as water begins to drip from his form. Accepting his first point of burn for the day to empower.

kinetic blast, pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 24 Before any cover it might have from here.
damage, pbs, elem overflow: 4d6 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 3) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 29 Empowered to 43.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby demolishes the rat with an aquatic blast. But he is correct to be nervous!

Perception:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30, possible height. awareness/see invis.
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Purpose and Silt notice something hiding under the water. Something...with a lot of tentacles.

Initiative!
Purpose
Harpoon

Joli
Toby
Silt
Red Chaos Beast
Yellow Chaos Beast

Joli can have 3 questions, as well!


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Good work Toby. But there are more beneath the surface."

Purpose Creche indicates the lurking creatures with the point of a nocked arrow.

Readied attack once one breaks the surface and comes into line of sight:

Longbow attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage, magic + piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku delays until something pops out of the water.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Please! Special attacks, defenses, movement types (and the standard type info)


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Chaos beasts are outsiders with the extraplanar and chaos subtypes.

They are amorphous (no precision damage or critical hits) and have spell resistance. Their claws make you corporeally unstable: you yourself become amorphous and take Wisdom drain (like the rat you saw!).

They have only ground movement of 20 ft.

They climb out of the water, moving unnerving toward you!

Purpose's readied action goes off, striking the yellow one!

Initiative!
Purpose
Harpoon
Joli
Toby
Silt

Red Chaos Beast
Yellow Chaos Beast

Everyone is up!

3,651 to 3,700 of 4,604 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.