GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant (closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


3,751 to 3,800 of 4,604 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt clears junk away while Toby gets to work and Purpose adds some assistance. After an hour, the mechanism croaks back to life!

Would you like to spend some time running it?


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche immediately steps to mechanism's interface.

You bet your sweet bippy!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli hasn’t a clue about the machinery, but he calls upon his ancestors to help Toby. The spirit of grippli woman begins chattering in his ear.

+2 to roll


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby spends 1d6 ⇒ 2 20 minutes trying to run the machine. He starts to get the hang of it and realizes he can rerun the last simulation without changing any parameters! He does so, and the results are terrifying! A mass of objects traveling through space at a great speed on a trajectory to collide with Golarion!

Perception:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28, possible height. awareness/see invis.
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

With that, you all feel echoes of the ground rumbling under your feet, hear the sounds of meteors screaming toward you, and see a bright flash of light!

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative
Purpose
Silt
Toby
Harpoon

?
Joli

DC 17 Knowledge (religion):
This is a haunt!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Haunt!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt knew. Azlan Tea Farmers. Every. Time.

Silt readies to attack anything that threatens to harm the party.

greatsword, destructive smite, furious focus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

slashing, magical: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 19 = 31
slashing, magical: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) + 19 = 33

Not sure what else to do since he has no positive energy available. He probably thinks this is like the last time we messed with Azlanti stuff, and exploding enemies will appear…


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

At Joli's exclamation, Purpose Creche stops his dash for shelter and instead faces the oncoming projectiles, drinking in every detail.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Aw man, why's something so cool have to be haunted?"

Toby also readies to attack anything that threatens the party.

Readied attack:

kinetic blast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 +1 for Point-blank Shot if applicable.
damage: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 6) + 9 = 27 +1 for Point-blank Shot if applicable.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Doug says Harpoon can't do anything ere and it's fine to mvoe on.

Suddenly, the roof of the observatory is blown away, revealing two meteors in the sky approaching at a high speed. At the same time, a ghostly image of an Azlanti woman wearing a priest’s vestment appears hovering in the air, screaming a drawn out “No!”

GM screen:
2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

You see shadows forming on the ground right where meteors are headed: toward Joli and Silt!

Map on Slide 2!

Initiative
Purpose
Silt
Toby
Harpoon

?
Joli


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli draws a wand as he moves to the mechanism. He activates it, attempting to channel positive energy into the machinery.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt steps back to adjust his stance. He places his feet wide, bending a little at the waist and knees. He grips his greatsword in two hands and holds it in the air over his left shoulder, rhythmically wiggling it. He squints at the fast-approaching sphere.

Knock the meteor back into the sky: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

slashing, magical: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 19 = 34


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Uh, guys, you might want to duck!" Toby dives behind the machinery, hoping it will protect him from the coming rocks.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche draws the splinter from his coat and calls a shimmering, transparent disk into being above him. He takes cover underneath while keeping the impact area in sight. Casting floating disk


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Harpoon moves for cover behind the structure.

The two great meteors come crashing to the ground!

Meteor number 1, top left corner: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 3, 6, 4) = 22 or Reflex save DC 23 for half

Meteor number 2, left side: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1) = 19 or Reflex save DC 23 for half

Remember your +4 bonus if you have cover!


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Joli leaps into the air, his arc avoiding the worst of the apocalyptic scene.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche shelters beneath his disk and keeps his sight fixed on the impact. When the meteors hit, the blast tears off pieces of his coat and body; embers burst from his battered prayerbook to join them.

Even as parts of him disintegrate, his gaze does not waver.

Reflex, cover: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 4 = 23
Reflex, cover, sudden insight: 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 + 3 = 34


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Reflex save 1: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 4 = 18
Reflex save 2: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 4 = 20

Calamity!

The Harpoon is not quite able to jump out of the way and is pummeled by both meteors!

Tian:
”It’s the end!”


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Reflex save 1, cover: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 4 = 18
Reflex save 2, cover: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 4 = 19

Oof.

Toby misjudges the angle of approach from the two meteors and manages to hide on the wrong side of a bulkhead, exposing himself to the full brunt of the explosions.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Silt swings and misses the meteor, standing in the blast.

18/59 HP

Are there any more coming?

Joli, I would like to carry a wand of healing.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

After the meteors crash to earth, the ghostly woman fades. You see glowing within the mechanism, an ioun stone of some kind. It seems to be the memory storage for the whole device. Going through the data entries stored in the device, you discover a mention of a reference point for calculations involved in teleporting targets from the pillars to worlds beyond Golarion. While you are studying this data entry, the metal pin panel shows the word “pillars” in Azlanti, and displays a three-dimensional representation of the location’s topography. Added ot the map on Slide 4!

Each planet’s location relative to Golarion at any given moment is also stored in the mechanism. Curiously enough, much older data entries include two planets orbiting at a distance between Verces and Eox, and the panel displays the names Damiar and Iovo for these entries.

DC 25 Knowledge (geography or history):
These planets do not exist in Golarion’s solar system.

DC 30 Knowledge (geography or history):
You remember stories about the Twins— the planets Damiar and Iovo—that were destroyed long before Earthfall, and whose remains form the asteroid belt known as the Diaspora.


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Great," Toby says, wincing. "Another thing for us to check out on this stupid island. I bet those pillar-things are haunted too."


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche methodically sifts through the ancient data. "They may be, Toby. But it is worth investigating."

He notices the odd notes in the older records. "Hm. Here," he unfurls a thin finger and taps the device, "notes on Damiar and Iovo. The same planets in the orrery in the caldera. No longer part of the sky. Now the Diaspora. Hm." He looks to the phantasmal meteors' impact sites. "I wonder. Was Earthfall executed by destroying those planets."

He approximates a shrug. "Many questions. The how and why of Earthfall. Who was the woman who appeared here. And where are our friends." He approaches Silt and helps tend to his wounds. "Could you scry on Carver again tomorrow. If the ugothol have gone they may have moved the colonists as well. Our time is limited. We are short on leads."

I assume this device stands out as technologically advanced?
I guess we at least stop by the pillar on the way to the will-o-wisp swamp? I'm not sure if we'd spend a ton of effort checking it out since our main priority is to find the colonists, but maybe there's clues there?

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 + 3 = 30


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The ioun stone looks like it could be removed with a Disable Device check. This could prevent the haunt from manifesting again, since repeating her calculations is what summoned her.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche freezes for a moment. "Ah. We can remove the ioun stone from the device. That would end the process that started the manifestation. Could you try, Toby."


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Ughhhh....fine." Toby pulls out his tools, mutting as he starts to take the thing apart. "Probably get hit by another meteor or something."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Toby, like everyone else, could use some significant healing.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Wincing, Riku crawls out from under the device, limping and holding his right shoulder.

”We should heal and move on quickly. The others are still in danger.”

I’m not trying to rush us. Riku is just eager to get out of this place and rescue the villagers.


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Yes. Friends suffering worse than falling rocks on fire.

He taps himselg 9 times with the wand, and Riku 9 times as well.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby deftly removes the ioun memory node. You think it might be pretty valuable, about 5,000 gp.

Where would you like to go next?


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

"Purpose, do you think the other people like you could use this? Didn't they want these stones?"

Toby also needs 9 taps.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

"Imagine one of your kind with these records at their heart. I should like to meet them, horrifying though this discovery is." Joli tends to those not healed by Silt.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"Very well done. Very deft," Purpose Creche murmurs when Toby removes the ioun stone. "Yes. They do want them. But I do not know how much the stone influences the wyrwood. My progenitors thought little if at all. Maybe it is different here."

During their investigations and conversations, the char fades from the jagged edges of his damaged form, and the missing portions of his body slowly fill with new wood.

Make whole SLA: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 1, 5) = 18

At least walk by the pillar on our way to the will-o-wisp area? They're basically in a straight line.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You travel for a while, and Purpose sends a mind's eye ahead to check out the pillars.

Seven pillars of stone, each taller and thicker than the previous one, stand in a spiral-shaped formation. The pillars bear many intricately carved symbols inlaid with a silvery metal and lines of a crystalline material, and each pillar is fitted with a ring-shaped, metal dial with similar symbols carved onto it.

The smallest pillar here is 10 feet tall, and each subsequent pillar is 5 feet taller than the last, with the central pillar standing 40 feet tall. It is darker here than in the surrounding area.

Map on Slide 2 of what the mind's eye sees.


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

”Of course we need to be quick, but opportunities rarely come twice. If we’re this close, we might as well check out the pillars. I do have a grappling hook after all, should we choose to climb them.” The Harpoon motions toward his mechanical leg.

Do we have a sense of how far out of our way the pillars would be? They seem to be conveniently located.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli smiles at Riku’s offer of rope and scans the pillars for magic.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The pillars turn out to not only be darker than the surrounding area, but also colder.

You can study the symbols on the pillars.

DC 20 Knowledge (arcana):
You notice that the symbols resemble what modern spellcasters use in teleportation magic.

DC 25 Knowledge (geography or planes):
You confirm that some of the symbols depict extraterrestrial locations.

if you got either of those:
A character who succeeds at either of these two checks realizes that it would require days, weeks, months, or even years of research to determine the precise calculations required
to use the device as intended.

If you climb the tallest pillar:
You find a lovely circlet and a pink ioun stone


Silt throws Riku's grappling hook to the highest pillar and then watches the Frog Prince climb up without the rope.


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Joli laughs a bit as Silt throws the grappling hook, having already climbed up each of the shorter pillars. He scrambles up the tallest one. "I just want to make sure the hook is secure. This'll be great practice for you!"

He takes the treasures and delivers them to Purpose.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku stands on one foot and hops to the tallest pillar as Silt throws the grappling hook leg.

”I normally use it to catch lobsters, so this is very exciting.”

”What can you see from up there?”


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Joli looks around before descending, taking in any new information about the landscape.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

Purpose Creche weaves between the stones, stopping to scrutinize each symbol. The grappling hook sails over his head when he pauses at the tallest pillar to synthesize what he has learned.

"These symbols are mixed. Some are similar to contemporary teleportation representations. Some depict stellar bodies beyond Golarion. It would take months. Even years. Of research to fully understand these stones' functioning."

Joli plops down beside him, and Purpose Creche takes the offered items without skipping a beat. "Maybe later. Once the colony is secure. Maybe the wyrwoods could help me decipher them."

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 = 33
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 + 3 = 34

Finally, any sense that the items on top of the tallest pillar had like, ritual significance or something?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The items on the tower are a circlet of persuasion and a dusty rose prism ioun stone!

Joli peers around with his spyglass and can see a curious formation of stone blocks where you're headed! He also notices something unusual: giant bees flying over the forest to the east.

Suddenly, creatures emerge from the pillars!

These gaunt, long-limbed quadrupeds have huge, soulless eyes and toothy maws. The lean creatures move with a predatory grace.

DC 17 Knowledge (planes):
These are hounds of Tindalos!

Purpose:
You think it is probably possible to disrupt the creatures’ connection with the pillars by realigning the symbols. A PC must succeed at a DC 25 Use Magic Device or Spellcraft check to determine the right alignment for the symbols to disrupt the connection, and a DC 12 Strength check is required to move the ancient metal dial. If the PCs turn the dial without determining the right alignment (whether they failed the check or simply neglected to try), there is only a 50% chance that their actions have the desired effect, and the other 50% result instead strengthens the hounds’ connection.

Initiative:

Purpose Creche: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
The Harpoon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Toby Hawthorn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 +1 if >=3 burn
Sil’tchaak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Prince Joli Toli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
blue hound: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
red hound: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Initiative!
Red Hound
Harpoon
Silt

Blue Hound
Toby
Purpose
Joli

The red hound moves toward Silt and bites!

bite!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
ouch!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

bite to confirm!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
extra ouch!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9

Harpoon and Silt are up!

Everyone at the start of your turn, please make a Fortitude save! This is a gaze attack.

DC 18 Fort save or else:
5d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 6, 3) = 14 slashing damage from its ripping gaze!


HP 75/75 | AC 29 T 14 FF 27 | CMB +14, CMD 25 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +20, SM: +4 | Rage 9/9 | Speed 35', Swim 50' | Space: 10', reach:10' | Rage 8/9 | Active conditions: Greater Longstrider, Cloak of Shade, Ironskin, Stoneskin (dr10/adm), Bulls Str, Strong Jaw, Haste, displacvement

Silt howls in fury when the hound crits him!

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

He howls again as the slashing gaze penetrates his defenses!

29 total damage; 30 HP remaining

Bite, power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Nonmagical P,B,S: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9
Nonmagical S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Claw, power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 = 14
Nonmagical B, S: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Welp, 4 rolls and nothing over 10 :/ And look at those damage dice rolls — wow


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Riku takes a step toward the blue hound, pulling his grapple foot free of the pillar. The fine chain pools upon the ground and the hook lands with a thunk.

But even without his harpoon, Riku is dangerous! He flurrys the hound and pummels it with his fists and forehead.

Right Fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Left Fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Headbutt!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

”Waa-kow!”

Brawler’s Flurry, Pummeling Style, magical attacks.


Silt will use another Stone shield as an immediate action (last one of the day) if this thing attacks him again. 29 AC, 8 hardness 15 HP


Male Grippli | Stats Shaman 8 / Unc. Rogue 1 | HP 70/70 | AC 23 T 16 FF 19 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +23, SM: +18 | Ranged: Underwater crossbow +11, Melee: Shortsword +12 or +11 touch

Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Joli croaks in pain as he says, "Hounds of Tindalos!"

I forget if I automatically get a sense of alignment.

If he's still alive when the moment comes, the princely shaman, circlet now in place on his head, calls forth an ancestor. He asks it to help the big skrag.

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


CG Brawler Contructed Pugilist 9 | HP 82/82 | AC 22 T 14 FF 18 | CMB +14, CMD 27 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +11 1d8, Melee: Unarmed Strike +15 1d10+9, +1 Keen Harpoon Leg +15 1d10+9 Active conditions: None.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Sorry, forgot to make my save.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Silt struggles with the hound attacking him and can't connect. Harpoon hits with both a fist and a headbutt! The damage doesn't all go through, but his expert placement maximizes his damage!

The blue one then lashes out at Harpoon!

bite!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
ouch!: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10

claw 1!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
ouch!: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

claw 2!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
ouch!: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Joli's spiritual weapon pierces the red one!

Initiative!
Red Hound -8 hp
Harpoon
Silt
Blue Hound -14 hp
Toby
Purpose

Joli


Male Rougarou Aquakineticist 9 | hp 74/97 (>3 Burn: 83/106 hp) | NL 60 (from burn 54), Burn 6/9, Buffer 0/1 | AC 20, T 14, FF 17 (>3 burn: AC 21, T 15) | | F +14, R +12, W +9 (>3 burn: F +15, R +13) | H2O blast +9/5d6+10 B | Per +6 (low-light), SM +1 | Change shape 1/1 | Speed 30ft (+10 on flat, +20 downhill), Swim 20ft | Elem. Over. +3/+6, cold-resist: | Init +3 (+4)

Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

"Grrrrrrr!" Toby, roused into action, stares right back at the hound, seemingly unaffected, and begins to growl as streams of water head toward him. He steps forward, dripping, and unleashes a mighty blast of icy shards at the nearer creature. Gather power to pay for empowered blast, 5ft step, ice composite blast. Three total burn reduced to two by gathering power.

ice composite blast (physical), pbs, elem overflow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 21
1/2 cold, 1/2 piercing damage, pbs, elem overflow: 8d6 + 13 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4, 3) + 13 + 1 + 4 = 40 Empowered to 60 if that hits.


N wyrwood occultist 9 | HP: 59/67 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 21 |F: +7, R: +9, W: +9 | Init: +9 | Spd 30ft | P: +18 SM +10 | 16 Mental Focus: D1/7, E3/3, I1/1, T2/6; Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 1/4 | +1 longsword +8/+3 (1d6+2), +1 longbow +12/+7 (1d6+2 x3, 110ft.)

"They are somehow connected to these stones. If we. The symbols." Purpose Creche takes in the totality of the symbols' pattern and wracks his mind. He stands on his toes to clutch at the ancient metal dial in the pillar before him, but his grip isn't secure. The device holds fast.

"Help. Turn them." He quickly relays instructions to any companion who lends him a hand.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 = 17
What is the hounds' specific connection to the stones? Why are they attacking?

Use Magic Device, sudden insight: 1d20 + 15 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 3 = 27
DC 12 Strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Do we need to make a successful UMD/Spellcraft and Strength for each pillar?


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Toby makes an impressive attack against the blue one! Purpose works at the symbols on the pillar.

The red one continues to attack Silt!

bite!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

claw 1!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

claw 2!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

But it can't get through his stony shield!

Second round! If you saved against the ripping gaze, you are immune. If you didn't, please make another save at the start of your turn.

DC 18 Fortitude save or else:
5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 6, 3) = 21 slashing damage

Initiative!
Red Hound -8 hp
Harpoon
Silt

Blue Hound -74 hp
Toby
Purpose
Joli

Joli knows that the hounds are neutral evil. Purpose notices that whenever the creatures are adjacent to any of the pillars, glowing, dark-red sigils appear on the creatures’ bodies, and similar sigils appear on the pillar.

3,751 to 3,800 of 4,604 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.