GM Euan's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


3,051 to 3,100 of 8,813 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 2

Once you’ve saved against the head, you do not need to save again. Once effected, it lasts until, well, you dunno, but I’ll tell you when it abates. Cahal, Benedictus, and Florence are effected and so must roll twice and take the worse roll - excepting Cahal is partly supported by Florence as discussed in the discussion thread.

Also, there was a readied action which should shift one of the skeletons and the head to after Benedictus, but for ease of flow, I’m leaving their initiatives alone. It doesn’t mean the skeleton got an extra attack, but rather it just went out of order once. :)

Benedictus though blinded, draws a wand and ends his grease. Cahal tumbles into position and tries for the head, which bites at him but remains in the hands of the skeleton. Nidhi collects her weapon and yells at the head. Florence helps Zilchus along with Cahal and chuckles at both their efforts. Zilchus double moves to the far side of the door.

The woman, still chanting to support her undead allies, fires off a Hideous Laughter targeting Cahal once again. Will DC 14 or be unable to act for the laughing.

The skeletons attack Cahal, 5’ stepping to prepare for flank.
Longsword on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

skeleton with head on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
The head gets a free bite on Cahal shouting, ”Oooohhh, you taste good to me b$@%&. Come at me!”
head on Cahal: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 plus Will DC 16 or -4 on all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.

The head goes screaming by Cahal, still shouting obscenities - especially now that she missed.

-Round 14-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, glared, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-51hp, glared, cursed? - Will DC 16 or -4 on all attacks, saves, abilities, and skills, then Will DC 14 or laugh)
Nidhi - 3 (-4hp)
-Round 15-
Florence - 15 (-1hp, glared)
Zilchus - 14+ (-3hp)
Good Folks - 14
Meret-Hetef (masked woman) - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)
Red - 14 (-5hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Round 16, Init 4

Zilchus moves in to help Cahal. He calls for power in battle as he grunts hardily during his swing.

1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 3 + 3 = 28 to hit; (+DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 + 3 = 18 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 1/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 2/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Good, now I just need to cast this on Stingy, then...But it might be very dangerous for him...I mean, Stingy has been my trusty companion for years, he saw me progressing in wizardry like no one else did...I'm not willing to risk his life...Perhaps I should get me a familiar I don't care so much for...

Abandoning his plan, Benedictus decides to wait and let his companions do the rest.

"Come on guys, you can do it!"


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal’s knees buckle and, head first, she dives in the floor.

I’ll get my net hp soon. The first sword strike brought me low. Don’t know how that changes your actions GM.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The second skeleton will step up on Zilchus, but still miss. Do still make the bite will save though - as that lingers beyond the fight if you fail. You can use fortune on it though, so just one roll.

Cahal, I have you at positive HP though, so apparently I made an error somewhere in there...

Zilchus, on your init, you have two targets, one with the head and one without. Let me know who you choose to attack.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 15, Initiative 15

Florence curses as she watches Cahal find herself caught between a rock and a hard place but there's little she can do about it right now with Zilchus and the two skeletons blocking access into the room. For lack of a better option, she steps up behind Zilchus and...

LoS to the Woman?:

...pulls out one of the scrolls they'd picked up after defeating the Scorched Hand, ceasing her giggling as she does so. Holding it up she begins reading and then points at the woman with a flourish!
_______

Florence takes a 5 foot step to behind Zilchus, pulls out her scroll of Hold Person and reads it, targeting the woman at the back. Since I'm assuming this was scribed as a wizard scroll then I *think* the Will DC would be 14? It's a 3rd level sorc/wiz spell and the minimum Int score to cast 3rd level spells would be a 13 so that adds a +1 to the DC.

No LoS to the Woman:

...attempts to try and skewer the lead skeleton and help clear the way a little faster! All the while she continues her odd, nervous giggling...

Attack vs. Blue (Longspear; Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
_______

Florence takes a 5 foot step behind Zilchus and jabs at the skeleton, still giggling all the while.


Oh Fortune!

2nd roll:
1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 + 3 = 19 to hit; (+DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 10 + 3 = 18 adamantine slashing damage.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence does indeed have line of sight, as she tries to hold the chanting supporter of evil...

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Alas, the woman resists her lure, and continues to provide comfort to the enemy!

Nidhi is up!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 14, Initiative 3:

"Don't kill the head - cover it with a cloth and let's take it with us!"

Nidhi begins to sing once more. 11/17 Inspire Courage

______________

Round 15, Initiative 3:

Nidhi can't see much past Zilchus and Florence. "Cahal? Cahal?!" Hang in there."

Nidhi continues to sing. 12/17 Inspire Courage

Nidhi aims her bow and shoots towards one of the skeletons.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 8/20
(Bard 6th level +4, Dex +2, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +1) (+2 Inspire Courage?)

Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
(Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft))(+2 Inspire Courage?)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus cheers the party on as he listens to the fight. Cahal collapses under the weight of attacks. Nidhi misses spectacularly with her shot. Florence tries to hold the chanter, but cannot pull it off from a scroll. Zilchus moves in and drops the skeleton holding the cage as the head rattles around on the floor…

The woman, still chanting to support her undead allies, charges into combat against Zilchus, swinging her sickle… ”For the Forgotten Pharaoh!”
Sickle on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 4 = 29 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
crit threat Sickle on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The remaining skeleton scrambles around (5’ step) and picks up the head (provoking, but I think out of reach).

The head screams at the skeleton, ”Oh sure, take your time about it - now you cannot swing you dolt! S@@#heads, I’m surrounded by s*@%heads! Complete blocks of f+!@ing wood.” she clamors as she cannot bite at Zilchus.

So she does the next best thing, she casts Murderous Command on Zilchus! DC 15 willpower (you can use fortune to roll twice, but won’t get its use on your turn naturally) or attack your nearest ally once. Florence would be your target I think.

-Round 15-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, glared, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-51hp, glared, cursed? - Will DC 16 or -4 on all attacks, saves, abilities, and skills)
Nidhi - 3 (-4hp)
-Round 16-
Florence - 15 (-1hp, glared)
Zilchus - 14+ (-10hp, will DC15 or attack nearest ally)
Good Folks - 14
Meret-Hetef (masked woman) - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)

Next up - Everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 16, Init 4

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24 Will
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12 Will (fortune)

Zilchus laughs at the divine spellcasting, certain that his mind is protected by years of brutal dogma building up into an unshakable viewpoint that few bad spells will penetrate.

Now dancing to the beat of Nidhi's chants, Zilchus steps up and swings murderously at the woman.

1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 40/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 2/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 2/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 2/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

GM:
About the curse, Cahal's mummified hand necklace (if she has it, given that we have not resolved whether the amulet of mighty fist takes the same spot or not) would absorb it if possible. Otherwise, I'll roll the save using the Fortune to save once, then I'll roll for stabilization. Do I need to roll twice and take the lowest result for this as well? Also not sure, does Heroism work for stabilization rolls?

Also important, current hp is -6, -19 if the head bit me after I dropped to the floor, which I'm guessing is why I need to save vs curse. Since -19 kills Cahal, I'm not sure which way you wish to go. I'm fine with either way (really).


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Can Nidhi squeeze past Florence and Zilchus and enter the room? I'm getting tired of the narrow door boss.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 16, Initiative 15

With the way now a bit clearer, Florence shimmies her way through the door and past Zilchus to get to where Cahal lies crumpled on the floor. Hoping that Zilchus and Nidhi can keep the remaining skeleton and the woman distracted, she reaches down and grasps Cahal by the wrist.

"Hey, no! No dying on us, not here!" she cries.

Healing Mojo (Cahal): 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15
_______

Florence moves to her current position and uses her Healing Hex on Cahal; she's also willing to eat a possible AoO from the woman in order to do so. Also since she's no longer giggling, Fortune expires from both Zilchus and Cahal.

*edit* Tried to account for Nidhi possibly moving inside the room first and put Florence a little further down inside the room; this means she might eat AoOs from the woman and the skeleton both.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 16, Initiative 3:

"Come on, Ben!" Nidhi moves behind Zilchus, leaving an open space for Ben to enter the room.

Nidhi continues to sing. 12/17 Inspire Courage

Nidhi shoots towards the woman.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 7/20

Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry for the delay folks - long day.

Cahal:
I had the skeleton step up on Zilchus and miss, so you only have the one sword strike. I thought I hit you earlier with the head, but maybe not. Let it ride...

Nidhi, you're before Florence, and will provoke with all your actions (movement and shooting). Alas, I do not have combat reflexes, so I only get you on the move.

Sickle on Nidhi: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

skeleton with head on Nidhi: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
The head gets a free bite on Nidhi shouting, ”Don't let her get away you g~!#&&n fool!”
head on Nidhi: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 plus Will DC 16 or -4 on all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.

"Sllllurrrrp."

Florence does indeed provoke from both opponents. Yet I still have no combat reflexes, so she gets by unmolested.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus cheers on the party. Cahal bleeds, but not out. Nidhi moves through the room drawing fire (though she misses due to cover), so that Florence can close in and heal Cahal. Meanwhile, Zilchus kills the skeleton wounds the woman with the sickle with a mighty blow.

Still chanting, she tries to respond in kind against Zilchus.
Sickle on Zilchus: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The skeleton attacks Zilchus while the head screams no, ”Attack that a#$!+#* on the ground you idiot! She’s down, but getting up! Stop her!”
skeleton with head on Zilchus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
head on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus Will DC 16 or -4 on all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.

-Round 16-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, glared, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-46hp, glared)
Nidhi - 3 (-28hp, cursed? - Will DC 16 or -4 on all attacks, saves, abilities, and skills)
-Round 17-
Florence - 15 (-1hp, glared)
Zilchus - 14+ (-22hp, cursed? - Will DC 16 or -4 on all attacks, saves, abilities, and skills)
Good Folks - 14
Meret-Hetef (masked woman) - 14 (-20hp)
Blue - 14 (-13hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 16, Initiative 3:

Will DC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Nidhi continues to sing. 13/17 Inspire Courage

"Ouch!" Tears spring to Nidhi's eyes from the pain. "Just wait, I'm going to shove a big hunk of soap in your mouth - or holy water," Nidhi threatens the head.

Nidhi attempts to heal herself. 2/2 2nd-level spells used

Cure Moderate Wounds (self): 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, casting will provoke, but you could 5' step behind Cahal for protection and avoid the AoO.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 16, Continued:

Nidhi will retreat behind Cahal before casting Heal on herself.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 17, Initiative 15

Deciding that their best chance at victory would be to keep bolstering Zilchus and Cahal, Florence pulls out another of the scrolls she'd stowed away and reads it - reaching out to touch Cahal again as she does so.

Cure Moderate Wounds - Cahal (Scroll): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 6) + 3 = 16

Having done what she can, Florence then steps behind Nidhi as she plots her next move.
_______

Florence pulls out another scroll and uses it, then takes a 5 foot step to her current position!


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

GM, let me know when I can act. Btw, I checked and the head had bit me before, but I had made the save.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:


"Come on, Ben!"

"Yeah, sure, just...where?"

Still unable to see and stunned, Ben is not able to contribute to the fight in any way.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal, you're up - you were healed after your initiative last round so couldn't act then, but you may act now.

Benedictus, blind but not stunned - at least not literally. :)


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Round 17, after Florence

Ok, so +31 hp from Florence over the last two rounds. Thanks Flo!

Cahal gets on her feet, enraged and impervious to danger. Still under the dark spell of the head in a box, she shuffles to her right and tries to bring down the skeleton holding it, flanking with Zilchus.

Eating AoO as I get up?

Unarmed Strike with Heroism (Bless), IC, PA, flank: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 251d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 20
Glaring Reroll: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 171d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 18

The curse of the caged head proves too strong to overcome and Cahal's strike clumsily misses.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The skeleton does indeed take advantage of the AoO to attack Cahal.

skeleton with head on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

The head goes screaming by, jaws snapping at Cahal, but without success.

Also, only need to re-roll the d20, not the whole thing for future reference.


Round 17, Init 4

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Will

Zilchus, annoyed at being so abused, directs his anger at the woman with the sickle.

1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 = 33 to hit; (+DF,+grunt,-curse)
2d4 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 = 17 to hit; (+DF,+grunt)
2d4 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 18 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 28/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 3/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 2/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, blind, fumbles around at the wall, staying his ground. Cahal stands up and swings, but fails to connect with the skeleton. Nidhi steps back to heal herself. Florence heals Cahal and also steps away. Zilchus crits on the poor woman, dropping her in her tracks, her mask clattering across the stones where she lands.

The skeleton attacks Cahal again while the head screams on, ”Well done you f&*+ing fool, now it’s down to just us! Get her!”
skeleton with head on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As the head whistles by she screams, "NO you fool. Hit her, don't just f%~~ing waft by like some f&*@ing cloud!"

-Round 16-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, glared, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-46hp, glared)
Nidhi - 3 (-28hp)
-Round 17-
Florence - 15 (-1hp, glared)
Zilchus - 14+ (-22hp, cursed)
Good Folks - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)

Next up - Everyone!

Attacking the head while it’s being wielded is a sunder maneuver. If the skeleton should fall however, it’s a normal attack.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 17, Initiative 3:

Nidhi continues to sing to inspire her party members, but she drops her bow. 14/17 Inspire Courage

Nidhi pulls out the coil of rope in her bag with big plans in mind. "Gag the head! Soap and holy water for the head!" Nidhi raises the rope up and down as if it were a pitchfork. Nidhi's going on a... head hunt.

Nidhi heals herself one more time, preparing for an attempt at grabbing the head.

Cure Light Wounds (Self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 2/5 1st-level spells used
Nidhi only has -7 HP now, right? Or is she not healing?


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 17, Initiative 15

With only the skeleton and its offensive cargo remaining, Florence steps into position and attempts to jab it with her longspear - not as effective she knows, but it allows her to stay clear for Zilchus to move in and join the fight.

Attack vs. Skeleton (Longspear; Glared, IC, Flanking): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 25
Attack vs. Skeleton (Longspear; Glared, IC, Flanking): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 27

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal slips behind the skeleton and opens up on it with a barrage of blows.

Unarmed Strike Flurry with Heroism (Bless), IC, PA, flank: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 271d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 15
Glaring Reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Unarmed Strike Flurry with Heroism (Bless), IC, PA, flank: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 171d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 15
Glaring Reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Unarmed Strike Flurry with Heroism (Bless), IC, PA, flank: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 151d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 14
Glaring Reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"I'm about to put you in a bag and bury you for good once I'm done with your lackey, you filthy mouthed skull-thing!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal's first blow shatters the skeleton and the cage drops, rolling around on the floor a moment.

Do you continue your attacks upon the cage? Florence, do you also attack the cage?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Oh, and Nidhi - you are healing just fine. I failed to update my HP track. Updated now.


Round 17, Init 4

Zilchus attacks the cage with no absence of malice.

1d20 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 3 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 = 30 to hit; (+DF,+grunt,-curse,+prone)
2d4 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 28/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 1/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 3/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 2/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal attacks the cage once the skeleton crumbles in bony pieces.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus blindly waits for the party to finish their gruesome deed. Cahal smashes the last skeleton and takes a swat at the head, rolling it about a bit. Nidhi heals herself and makes plans for the head. Florence stabs through the bars, stabbing the head and holding it in place for Zilchus, who finishes the head with a mighty blow.

The room is suddenly quiet, as there are no opponents to face, or overcome. All that is heard is your own heavy breathing at the long and twisted battle and the rattle of chains of the dozens of zombies in the last room - straining at their restraints.

Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-32hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-7hp)
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-22hp, cursed)

The aura fads with the head, but Zilchus' curse and Benedictus' blindness remain. What do you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus slams his sword into the cage and head again, letting the adamantine blade sever metal and brain again.

"I don't feel right. I don't feel right at all," Zilchus complains. He waits by the door, standing guard and still bleeding while others take a moment to recover.

"No, I ain't right."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A pair of bright red rubies come tumbling out of the nasal cavity as the skull is smashed along with the cage. They must have been stuffed up the nose at some point - and they're fairly large. It would have been painful.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 17, Initiative 3:

Even though the skeleton has fallen: Nidhi continues to sing as a free action, but her eyes are focused on the cage holding the head. 15/17

Nidhi appears to have an evil gleam in her eye as she takes another step towards the cage. Heh heh heh heh, I'm going to torture this stupid head with drops of holy water, a bar of soap, and direct sunlight. Heh heh heh. Nidhi really hates the undead head.

Sleight of Hand (for hooking rope around one of the bars for initial knot): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Nidhi grabs the cage by the top handle and sits it flat on the ground. Nidhi then takes her rope, and loops one end around one bar (preferably one to the back of the head.) From there, Nidhi starts to wrap the rope around the cage like a cocoon. About half-done, Nidhi stops: "You want us to leave you alone? Let me help you." Nidhi has no intention of leaving the head in peace. Heh heh heh.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 (For flavor)


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal slips down on the floor, legs extended, arms behind her back to support her. She is sweaty, bloody, and badly beaten.

"Pfff! What was that?! This is the craziest thing I have ever fought! A head in a cage held by a stupid skeleton! And who's that woman?! And wasn't it the same idiot woman we had killed before that started it all?!! Pfff!"

Then: "Oh, the head is bleeding rubies, no?!"

She seems to completely ignore the others' bad shape. "Sh!t! I'm bleeding still..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Zilchus, you've not been right since the day you were born," Florence quips as she lowers her spear with a sigh of relief. She looks around at everyone, trying to take stock of the situation. "Sorry, couldn't resist."

"I can't do much else to patch wounds," she continues, her tone now serious. "But other ailments I might still be able to do some good for today. Hold still, let me have a look at you - all of you. No complaining either, it's for your own good!"

Heal (Zilchus): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Heal (Cahal): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Heal (Nidhi): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Heal (Ben): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

She moves to everyone in turn, checking eyes, temperature, and anything else she can think of. When she gets to Ben she stops for a moment and stares at him quizzically, not yet realizing that he's lost his sight. "Um...Ben? It's okay, they're all dead now and this room seems safe. You can come on in. I'll be able to see you a little better in here where you can have a seat."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Once he is certain no more foes are coming, he draws the wand of CMW and hit himself and Cahal for the major damage, letting others top off as necessary with the wand of CLW.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14 CMW (Z)

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9 CMW (C)
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 = 17 CMW (C)

46/50 Wand CMW.

When that is done, he will loot not only these bodies in here, but the revenant's as well, detecting magic and figuring stuff out about them.

Whatever he finds that might be magical, he puts in Florence's hands, blood, gore, nostril magic, and all.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Scattered about the room are various scrolls, written by undead hands, dictated by a mad-head. The rantings are mostly that - rantings. Apparently the head was named Neferekhu, and was grandmother to one Nebta-Khufre. Neferekhu possessed oracular insights that brought her family status and wealth (according to her). When she was near death, Nebta-Khufre was unwilling to allow her prescience to pass away with her. Spurred on by madness and wine, Nebta-Khufre severed his grandmother’s head and used unspeakable rituals to reanimate Neferekhu’s head as a miserable, screaming undead creature literally trapped in a gilded cage and longing for destruction.

But she continued to have visions in her madness. Some of the scrolls describe nightmarish descriptions of the cursed Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh that haunted her even before her death. She speaks of this mask in her ramblings. More than 6,000 years ago, the soul of the Sky Pharaoh Hakotep I was shattered into three pieces by a group attempting to learn his secret knowledge, and the pharaoh’s ka, or vital spark, became imprisoned inside his gold funerary mask. When the attempt ultimately failed, the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh was buried beneath an abandoned temple of Nethys in the infant city of Wati to hide the blasphemy visited upon the pharaoh’s spirit.

Meanwhile, the Cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh, whose members wear gold funerary masks modeled on Hakotep’s own, have scoured the ruins of Osirion for their master’s ka, and the cultists’ search has finally brought them to Wati. Nebta-Khufre also traced the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh to Wati thanks to his grandmothers visions.

As adventuring groups from all over the Inner Sea region delved into the many ruins and crypts of the city’s necropolis, Nebta-Khufre, invisible, stole into the Sanctum of the Erudite Eye and made off with the powerful artifact. Grandma has several things to say about how he did it (poorly in her opinion as he was foolishly injured and left a trail).

Nebta-Khufre plans to use the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh to create an army of undead. Obsessed with undeath and visions of his own greatness, Nebta-Khufre will turn Wati into a true city of the dead for him to rule, with his grandmother at his side. (I know you might not have read all this now, but merely gathered the docs for later reading, but I didn’t want to lose this bit in the noise.)

On the woman you find a funerary mask worth 50gp, potion of cure moderate wounds (300gp), scroll of expeditious retreat (25gp), wand of invisibility (11 charges, 990gp), +1 studded leather (1,175gp), +1 buckler (1,155gp), +1 sickle (2,006gp), lapis lazuli bracelets (2, worth 45 gp ea), and 117 gp in loose change.

Moving back out to Velriana, you find a number of jangling gold bracelets (worth about 75gp in total), a ruby-studded diadem (600gp) and a necklace of smoky quartz (75gp). The zombies strain at their bonds trying to get at Zilchus as he loots the body. The very air itself seems unpleasant, and a quick detect magic of the altar reveals it has been desecrated formally and magically - the magics of Pharasma scoured away. Whoever did it even went so far as to break off a large heavy rune stone - a Shepses family seal - and cast it to the floor in the corner.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Even a cursory glance at the contents of the writing leave Florence utterly gobsmacked. It had been easy to figure out that the missing mask was powerful just by the aura it had left in the Temple of Nethys, but to know that it housed part of a soul? Unbelievable.

She leans against a wall and looks at the others. "I...I didn't know you could trap a soul...er, part of a soul, into an object like that," she breathes. "How horrible never being able to pass on to Pharasma's judgement."

Florence looks to Ben, who seemed to her to know nearly everything there was to know about Osirion and its past. "Why would this cult be looking for the mask now? Do you think they wanted to create an undead army too?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Cahal takes a look at the gold and jewels, but does not care for the scrolls.

However, as she gets the executive summary from her scholarly friend, she can't help herself: "Why would a boy wish to keep his nagging grandma by his side so that she can nag him for eternity?! That Nebta is ma-ad... But then who's the dead girl with the mask? A fan?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is in shock after reading the various scrolls inside the room. "Nebta-Khufre did this to his GRANDMOTHER?!" Nidhi thinks of Jharna - her own grandmother. But grandmothers are one of life's greatest gifts. Nidhi feels her anger and hatred of the foul-mouthed head ebb away.

Nidhi has to take a few deep breaths to calm down. When Nidhi feels more level-headed, she asks:

"Neferekhu? That's your name, right? Would you be interested in getting revenge on your grandson, Nebta-Khufre? Perhaps you'd like to join us in stopping him." Or we could end her here and sell the cage... Nidhi eyes the cage up and down, wondering if it would sell.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, the head died in combat, and was then crushed by Zilchus. There is no one to talk to. The cage is gilded with gold, but it's in rather bad shape. Even before combat dented and splintered it, there was not much value to be had.

What does the party do?


Zilchus finally recovers enough to get his head back and focuses on the task at hand.

"Let's take what we know and what we have so far, and get back to the Pharasmooks. We should tell them what we learned here. I think...I think I need to get fixed. Something ain't right with me. And maybe Ben needs to get fixed too," Zilchus says, gathering everything of value and getting ready to leave.

Proposing back to town to fix our permanent ailments.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

CHAPTER 1 - A VOICE IN THE DARK

Ben can't help but blush upon hearing Florence's voice calling out to him without being able to see where she is. Following her kind voice as a guide, the scholar blindly gropes into the room using his hands as supports against the wall.

"I...Is it here?" asks Ben, his hands palpating the void air. All of a sudden, an embarassing thought passes through his mind.

Oh my, what if I accidentaly end up touching something I should not?

Caught by surprise by his sudden embarassament, the scholar blushes and loses his balance as soon as he retreats his hands. With a dull thud, Ben falls to the ground. Fortunately, he seems to be alright.

"Okay, okay, I'm fine...Eheheh," he says to the others while scratching the back of his head with his right hand. His laughter are sincere. Ben never lacked self-mockery.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

CHAPTER 2 - THE MASK OF THE FORGOTTEN PHARAOH

While someone reads the story for the group, Ben listens patiently, his brows furrowed in concentration. When the story is over, supposing that the eyes of the group are fixed on him looking for explanations as usual, Ben clears his throat and shakes his head.

"This is no good, my friends. This is no good at all," he remarks with a bit of moral blame in his voice. "My worst suspicions are confirmed by these scrolls. Golarion is in danger. Not only Wati, not only Osirion. Our whole world might suffer the consequences of all of this, if no one stops them from using the mask to pursue their own agendas..."

At this point, Ben moves his head to his right, supposing Zilchus is there. "Now you can see why this concerns us, Zilchus? I mean, this concerns everyone, of course. But we...We have been gifted with great powers, which seem to be quickly escalating as we face more and more dangers. The Gods have a plan for us, I am sure of it. What if we were the one designed to end this? What if this was our precise responsibility?"

Ben, his voice somber, turns to the group. "Let's hurry back to the city, so that I can have my sight back. Then, I will give everything I've got to stop these fools. And I hope you will be with me, my friends."

3,051 to 3,100 of 8,813 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.