GM Euan's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


3,001 to 3,050 of 8,813 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus is stunned and cannot act! Cahal DMPC wades into the new foes clearing the front line as best she can. Nidhi misses Valriana with her shot. Florence glitterdusts the new threat, blinding one and dusting them both. Zilchus also stands stunned at his predicament.

Velriana stands mute for the round, having been previously dazed, it finally catches up with her and she’s unable to act for the round.

"S##$." The tall woman sees how things stand, swears, and makes for a hasty retreat, after first trying once again to slow the party with another Sound Burst. Everyone takes damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2 and must make another Fort DC 15 or be stunned.

The remaining masked man wanders back a little, stumbling in his blindness before sight is restored.
Green Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 vs DC 15 or blind

-Round 7-
Velriana Hypaxes - 26 (-76hp)
Benedictus - 25 (-3hp)
Cahal - 6 (-7hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-3hp)
- Round 8-
Florence - 15 (-3hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-33hp)
Good Folks - 14
Green - 14

Next up - Everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 7, Initiative 3:

Fort DC15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Cowards!" Nidhi yells after the woman who'd cast Sound Burst.

Nidhi continues her song, inspiring her allies onward. 7/17

Nidhi aims and shoots another Cold Iron arrow towards Velriana.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
11/20

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

How badly is Zilchus hurting?


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 7 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 25 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Suddenly feeling better, Benedictus regains his composure and immediately tries to analyze the situation. Seeing Zilchus in a pretty bad shape, Ben does not need too much time to decide.

"Alright! Now what you say about this, Velriana?"
_________________________
Scorching ray touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Scorching ray fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 2) = 9
Caster level check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Status:
hp – 31/38
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 6th, concentration +12)
[smaller]3rd (1+1/day)― fly , haste, summon monster III

2st (2+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 18), locate object, scorching ray, web (DC 18), stone call (DC 18)
1st (3+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2 x1; DC 17), grease (DC 17), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Nidhi, you can check Z's status spoiler or Evilan's tracker for damage.

Round 8, Init 4

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19 Fort

Zilchus, after winning the staring contest, swings again at the woman as he is sure he is about to die.

"I said, I thought I killed you already!"

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31 to hit; (+bard)
2d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 + 2 = 16 adamantine slashing damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 to hit; (+bard)
2d4 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 + 2 = 19 adamantine slashing damage.

If Verliana does not fall, Zilchus will self-heal for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14. Converting Align Weapon to CMW.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]2d4+10[/dice] slashing damage.

HP: 17+14/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 0/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 8, Init 15

Fort (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Florence once again manages to shrug off and ignore the worst of the ringing in her ears after being bombarded a second time by a burst of sound.

"Yeah you'd better run..." she mutters as the woman and her remaining crony turn and flee back the way they'd came. Turning her attention back to Velriana, Florence realizes that Zilchus has taken quite the beating.

We need to put an end to her *now*!

Then an odd thought occurs to her. She knew that her powers of healing, well, healed - but could they also turn the tables against something like Velriana?

Only one way to find out.

She steps forward next to Zilchus and brings the healing energies into her hand as she reaches out to try and touch the former Ms. Hypaxes...

Be Healed! Or Not vs. Velriana (Melee Touch; Bless, IC): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage (Positive Energy): 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11

GM:

Flo is trying to use her Healing Hex against Velriana as a melee touch attack. Since it's listed as a Supernatural Ability it shouldn't provoke an AoO.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 vs DC 15
Cahal Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 vs DC 15

Neither Benedictus nor Cahal manage to resist the spell onslaught, and are stunned for the round, leaving the battle to others to win this day.

More to come...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, stunned, cannot scorch anyone. Cahal tries to pursue the departing, but also lies stunned. Nidhi’s luck holds out and she is not stunned, but Lady Luck turns away her shot and she misses Velriana. Florence reaches out to Velriana, but does not quite connect! (Also, for future reference, do hexes overcome SR?) Zilchus, though he doesn’t crit, does bring down the 1hp undead, intent on his death.

The tall woman and her remaining bodyguard disappear around the corner.

Following them & Perception DC 15:
Directly in front of the door with the slanted light (the most northern four squares you can see) are greased as per the spell.
- - -

-Round 8-
Velriana Hypaxes - 26 (dead again)
Benedictus - 25 (-1hp)
Cahal - 6 (-5hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-1hp)
- Round 9-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-30hp)
Good Folks - 14
Green - 14

Next up - Everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 8, Initiative 3:

Nidhi moves to pursue the runners but stops short right before the trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"They've greased the door!" Nidhi annouces the spell, but continues to follow Florence and the escaping enemies.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Round 9, Init 14

"Thank you, Florence," Zilchus grunts. "Let's take a moment to check ourselves," Zilchus looks at Cahal, then down at the body of the revenant.

"Ben...what is wrong with her? She seemed *pissed*, and spitty," Zilchus casts creates water to clean off some of her phlegm.

Does she have any new possessions since we last robbed her?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

She has some jewelry, her clothes, and who knows what else. It'll take some time to search her fully. You do see a very nice diadem, and some gold bracelets though which are new.

Cahal, unless stopped, is going to pursue the fleeing masked attackers with Nidhi (auto made the Acrobatics check on the grease).


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Yep, that's what revenant do, Zil. You killed, and she wanted revenge. And very badly at that!"

Ben moves behind Cahal, giving the chase to the fleeing attackers.

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

The scholar stops just in time.

"Yeah..." he adds to Nidhi's constatation.

"I guess I'll give it a try too!" he says then, practically to himself, since both Cahal and Nidhi have moved on.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 9, Init 15

Upon hearing Nidhi call out that the fleeing individuals left a greasy surprise for them, Florence decides that she has no desire to lead the way after them and instead turns her attention to the injured Zilchus.

"Here, until Nidhi can get you with the wand," she offers as she gathers more positive energy to herself and places her hand on the warrior's shoulder.

Be Healed! (Zilchus): 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 7) + 6 = 16

Having done what she can for her friend for the moment, she turns and moves to where she dropped her longspear.

Note to Self:

Healing Hex Uses: Florence, Zilchus
Spells Cast: Bless, Mage Armor, Glitterdust x2


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus double moves pursuing the enemy. Cahal also double moves and calls out that they’re not far ahead. Nidhi charges up to pursue the attackers. Florence heals Zilchus of some of his injury and moves to her longspear. Zilchus cleans the worst of the phlegm with a quick bath and examines Velriana for loot.

Cahal hears the woman instruct her follower to ”Open that damnable door.” as she disappears from view to the north.

-Round 9-
Benedictus - 25 (-1hp)
Cahal - 6 (-5hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-1hp)
- Round 10-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-14hp)
Good Folks - 14
Green - 14

Next up - Everyone!

I've opened up the next hallway a bit as some of you can reach it in your movement this round, but remember, you can't see anything until you round the corner.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 9, Initiative 3:

Was Nidhi too far away on the map for her Acrobatics check on the grease?

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Movement halved on grease?

Nidhi double moves NE, E, N, N (grease), W (grease), W, W, W, W, W


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Yes, you were too far back, but you, Cahal, and Benedictus can use your prior rolls - so you all bypass the grease safely, if a little slowly.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Benedictus continues to chase the fleeing foes.

"They're getting away!"
______________
Ben has to move twice in order to get where he is, so he can't do anything more!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal double moves to threaten the masked man and peers into the room. ”It’s filled with large wooden cabinets with brass knobs and labels filling what looks like a library. Damn it stinks! And there are skeletons here, well equipped from the look of them.”

From deeper within the room, where Cahal cannot yet see, comes a discordant voice, as if the air coming through the voice box was already noisy. "Who disturbs my slumber! Kill them, kill all those f+@&ers!"


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 10, Init 15

"This is going from bad to worse..." Florence groans as Cahal, Nidhi, and Ben all charge ahead after the fleeing duo. "Come on, we'd better catch up!"

Reaching down, Florence grabs her longspear and hurries forward after her companions but they still have a fair lead on her.
_______

Florence will retrieve her dropped weapon and then move forward to her current position!


Round 10, Init 4

Zilchus double moves towards the next ambush.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus double moves into position. Cahal double moves through the grease and threatens the masked man. Nidhi double moves through the grease as well. Florence picks up her spear and rushes onward. Zilchus .

The woman yells at someone in the dark portion of the room to hush, ”For once in your existence - shut up!” She begins to chant, softly at first, but with a building crescendo until it’s clear she’s boosting her allies with the chant. (Bard song!)

The man at the door attacks Cahal.
Short sword on Cahal: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Someone in the back shouts, "Shutup you stupid b&*!&. Get out of my room! You, come here!"

Meanwhile, one of the skeletons 5’ steps forward, while another can be heard in the back of the room doing something. Sounds like metal scraping wood, then what sounds like a rusty hinge swinging back and forth briefly. The third stands patiently waiting for room - must unlike a skeleton.
Longsword on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

-Round 10-
Benedictus - 25 (-1hp)
Cahal - 6 (-5hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-1hp)
- Round 11-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-3hp)
Good Folks - 14
Green - 14

Next up - Everyone!


Round 11, Init 4

Zilchus double moves towards the next ambush.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 10, Initiative 4:

Nidhi closes the gap between her and Cahal, moving 20 feet to stand behind the woman.

Nidhi opens her mouth and begins to sing her own version of inspirational words to boost morale. 8/17 Inspire Courage

Party Buffs:

Inspire Courage: (on everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Heroism: (on Cahal starting Round 3) +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks. 10 min/level = 60min?

Remove Fear: (on Nidhi and Cahal-negated) +4 morale bonus against fear effects for 10 minutes. If the subject is under the influence of a fear effect when receiving the spell, that effect is suppressed for the duration of the spell


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 11, Init 15

Florence hustles to catch up with the rest of the group, her dread growing as she hears the commotion from up ahead...
_______

I'm mobile posting and can't move my token, but Florence will double-move forward.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Ben takes two steps forward and casts burning hands!

Concentration check (cast defensively): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Wow, double 1! Really?!

Concentration check (not to lose the spell in case): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

burning hands damage: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 2, 2) = 13


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Cahal attacks without mercy, starting with the masked man, and transitioning to the skeleton when he drops.
Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 31 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16
Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 31 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17
Flurry: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 18

Two hits drop the masked man, and the third grievously injures the skeleton but does not drop it (also DR).

She then takes a 5’ step to keep the opponents boxed in as much as possible and to protect Benedictus.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus steps up and tries to cast burning hands, but fails! Cahal drums up a severe beating and steps to plug the hole. Nidhi begins to sing once again. Florence double moves toward the party. Zilchus double moves toward danger.

The woman, still chanting, tries to neutralize Cahal with a casting of Hideous Laughter.
Cahal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 vs DC 14

Meanwhile the skeletons move forward to engage the party. From the south, one skeleton carries a severed head in a cage (image) forth into battle along with its longsword. The head has a thing or two to say to the party, ”Who the f%%* are you people? Everyone needs to get the f%+& out of my rooms, I have things to do and don’t need these b#%&@$!# interruptions!”

She glares at the party. Everyone in line of sight of the head must make a will save DC 16. Failure means you must roll twice on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks and take the worse result.

The skeleton on Cahal attacks, and then steps back 5’ to allow for another skeleton to step up. The second skeleton does so, and also attacks. The remaining skeleton swings the head/cage on a short chain, but can’t get in to make an attack of its own.
Longsword on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Longsword on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Cahal gets nicked once, but firmly stands her ground, finding the situation not at all funny.

-Round 11-
Benedictus - 25 (-1hp)
Cahal - 6 (-13hp)
Nidhi - 3 (-1hp)
- Round 12-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-3hp)
Good Folks - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Round 12, Init 14+

Zilchus double moves towards the next ambush, double moving carefully over the grease.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 11, Initiative 3:

Will against Hideous Laughter DC14: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22

Nidhi can't quite see who's complaining, "Interrupting what? Who are you?" She call out into the room.

Nidhi continues to sing 9/17 and moves foward 1 square (5 foot step) to shoot red. Nidhi knows it's a poor shot before she releases the arrow, but the door frame doesn't offer much room for positioning.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 10/20

Damage (Longbow): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Party Buffs:

Inspire Courage: (on everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Heroism: (on Cahal starting Round 3) +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks. 10 min/level = 60min?

Remove Fear: (on Nidhi and Cahal-negated) +4 morale bonus against fear effects for 10 minutes. If the subject is under the influence of a fear effect when receiving the spell, that effect is suppressed for the duration of the spell


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 12, Init 15

Florence takes a small step around the corner and finally catches sight of Cahal, Nidhi, and Ben all bunched up at one small door. She can hear the rattling and clattering of bones and someone's agitated voice but can't tell who or what is complaining.

"Looks like you've got everything pretty well under control, eh Cahal?" Florence calls out. "Good luck trying to shut up whoever the grump is, sounds like you'll need it!"

And, unable to help herself, she giggles just a little. The whole situation was absurd, really - from zombies to the creature formerly known as Velriana to these masked people and then to whoever or whatever grumping like they'd been woken up from a nap.

Even the greatest bards can't make things like this up!
_______

Florence takes a 5 foot step around the corner, grants Cahal a bit of good fortune (Fortune Hex), then has a cackle giggle fit...


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi will use her unnecessary "Will Save" as her "To Hit" roll if that's okay.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Benedictus steps forward in order to get a better view of the battlefield and cast a spell. With Cahal acting as a shield between him and the skeletons, Benedictus waits for the undead to group together to cast his spell with best efficacy.

Ben effectively delays his action after the skeletons. Thus he have to make his save against the head.

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Steeling his will against whatever effect the severed head might have had on him, the scholar concentrates and casts a spell.

Ben casts grease! (DC 17)

You! We’re coming for you!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The skeletons feet clatter against the floor, now greased.

blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 vs DC 17
green: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 vs DC 17
red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 vs DC 17

Miraculously (crit stealer!) only one of the skeletons falls onto the slippery stone.

Cahal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 vs DC 16

Cahal, not yet effected by Florence's good fortune, must roll twice and take the lower result in his assault on the skeletons.

Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 15
Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 32 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16

Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16
Flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 14

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 17
Flurry: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 21

She still manages to connect twice, and drops one of the creature in its tracks. She cannot 5' step to close with the skeletons as there is grease in the way.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus greases the entry. Cahal effected by the evil gaze of the head, still manages to kill a skeleton. Nidhi doesn’t need to save, so her first roll connects scraping the bone with her arrow (less damage due to DR/slashing). Florence gives Cahal some luck, reversing the unlock she suffers. Zilchus double moves up and can very nearly enter the fray!

Remember, everyone in line of sight of the head (Nidhi now) must make a will save DC 16. Failure means you must roll twice on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks and take the worse result. Once you’ve saved, you need not save again.

The woman, still chanting to support her undead allies, fires off another Sound Burst - her favorite spell. Benedictus, Cahal, & Nidhi takes damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3 and must make Will saves DC 15 or be stunned one round.
Cahal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 vs DC 15 (By now Cahal is fortuned and cursed and so only has to roll once)

The two skeletons take 5’ steps out of the grease and ready attacks in case anyone closes in the grease. (I'll take the actions and adjust their initiatives if anyone steps up.)

Meanwhile the head continues to shout obscenities, and directs her ire at the wizard... She casts Blindness on Benedictus, (DC 18 fort save or be blind). "Can't target your spells when you can't see, right a&~*$##?!"

-Round 12-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp)
Cahal - 6 (-16hp, stunned)
Nidhi - 3 (-4hp)
- Round 13-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-3hp)
Good Folks - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)
Red - 14 (-5hp)

Next up - Everyone!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

oops! An error.

The Blue skeleton must crawl and stand, giving Cahal an AoO and removing its ready. Only the green one has a readied attack.

Cahal Longspear: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 - 2 + 4 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 19

Alas, Cahal fails to connect.


Round 13, Init 4

"I'm going to shove that woman's ears up her ass then scream down her neck!" Zilchus delays angrily.

Zilchus waits for an opening and away from the bursty bursts of sound that keep happening.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 12 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 25 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Prescience roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Will save (vs. head): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Ben is under the effects of the head’s hex!

Benedictus acts quickly. First off, he dispels his grease with a gesture, then extends his arm in front of him.

"Let’s wrap it up! Glitterdust!"

Ben casts glitterdust (DC 18).

⁞⁞⁞⁞ ROUND 13 ⁞⁞⁞⁞

‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖ • Initiative: 25 • ‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖

Will save (vs. sound burst): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Will save (vs. sound burst): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

If the woman is able to cast her spell, Ben is stunned for 1 round!

Fortitude save (vs. blindness): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Fortitude save (vs. blindness): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

If the head is able to cast its spell, Ben is blinded!

Status:
hp – 29/38
Conditionsmage armor (+4 AC, ? hours)
Wizard spells prepared (CL 6th, concentration +12)
[smaller]3rd (1+1/day)― fly , haste

2st (2+2+1/day)― glitterdust (DC 18), locate object, scorching ray, web (DC 18), stone call (DC 18)
1st (3+2+1/day)― burning hands (x2 x1; DC 17), grease (DC 17), ear-piercing scream (DC 17), mage armor, true strike
Cantrips (at will)― dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 13, Init 15

Florence steps next to Zilchus and tries to keep a wary eye out as she realizes that there's not only the corridor behind them but the double-doors immediately to her left that could vomit out additional foes at any moment.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

"Heh...they've both got quite the mouths on them! If we keep this up I bet we'll learn some new words," Florence calls out, continuing to giggle and snicker.
_______

Flo takes a 5 foot step next to Zilchus and keeps on giggling...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus - I think you need to save vs the Sound burst and blindness prior to casting glitterdust as those both happen prior to your turn.

Last round you cast grease, then were bombarded by spells, then you get to act. Please correct me if I'm wrong however. ;)

...in case I'm incorrect.
woman will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 vs DC 18
head will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 vs DC 18 (Blind)

green will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 vs DC 18
blue will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 vs DC 18 (blind)

Florence sees nothing coming, and has a standard action left if she cares to use it (or you could move more than 5'). 'Giggle' is a move action, right?


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 13, Init 15 Cont.

...thinking better leaving both of them down on one end of the hallway, Florence decides to try and move forward to keep watch on the other end of the hallway should anything decide to approach from that direction.
_______

Yes, 'giggling' is a move action. We'll just scrap the 5 foot step and have Flo take another move action to move next to Ben.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 12, Initiative 3:

Will against Hideous Laughter DC14: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

Nidhi, more determined than ever, continues to sing. 10/17 Inspire Courage

Nidhi retrieves another arrow from her quiver and pulls back on her bow’s string. She aims at the blue skeleton?

To hit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 9/20
(Bard 6th level +4, Dex +2, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +1)
(+2 Inspire Courage?)

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
(Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft))
(+2 Inspire Courage?)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, you made the DC 16 save vs the head's visage, but you still need to make a DC 15 will or be stunned for the round.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 12 Continued:

Ahhh!?

Will against Head Visage DC15: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

To hit (Again): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus is stunned and blinded. Cahal too is stunned. Nidhi is stunned for the round as well. (You made your glare roll, so no double rolls. The one you missed was the stun so you save an arrow but don't hit this round.) Florence moves up slightly and continues to help Cahal counter the head’s evil gaze. Zilchus continues to delay for space up front.

Remember, everyone in line of sight of the head must make a will save DC 16 (waiting on Zilchus). Failure means you must roll twice on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks and take the worse result. Once you’ve saved, you need not save again.

The woman, still chanting to support her undead allies, fires off another Sound Burst … uh, apparently she’s out. Instead she tries to keep Cahal in her place with another Hideous Laughter. Will DC 14 or be unable to act for the laughing.
Cahal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 vs DC 14

The two skeletons ready attacks for any who would be so bold as to step up.

Finally, the head glares at the masked woman with her just for spite. "That's for waking me up you g!#!&~n cultist!"
woman’s will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 vs DC 16

She then summons up a Dread Bolt at Cahal!
head’s attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) = 12 (DC 16 will save for half)
Cahal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 vs DC 16

Cahal is hit with the full blast of the bolt.

The head laughs at Benedictus taunting, "I'll free you from your blindness if you convince your companions to leave, and leave now g%%%#+nit! This s@$@ has already lasted too long."

-Round 13-
Benedictus - 25 (-4hp, glared, blinded)
Cahal - 6 (-28hp, glared)
Nidhi - 3 (-4hp)
-Round 14-
Florence - 15 (-1hp)
Zilchus - 14+ (-3hp)
Good Folks - 14
Meret-Hetef (masked woman) - 14
Blue - 14 (-13hp)
Red - 14 (-5hp)

Next up - Everyone!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi feels like an invisible hand has slapped her across the face, which causes her to stop all action and drop her weapon.

Round 13, Initiative 3:

Will against Head DC16: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

Nidhi bends down to pick up her longbow that she dropped when stunned. Nidhi feels a surge of annoyance at the head for causing her to lose concentration. "Hey, that wasn't nice, you- you- fat head!" Nidhi threatens the caged head: "I'm going to wash that potty mouth out with soap!"

Nidhi remembers she doesn't have any soap in her inventory. "Florence, did you bring any soap?"


Round 14, Init 4

Zilchus double moves to get a look at the chaos within, wondering what the holdup is. He looks in.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Will save
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Know (Religion) - caged head

"Is that a head? In a cage?!" Zilchus tries to get confirmation from Ben.

"Are we shooting them from out here? And who keeps on piddlespottingly greasing the floor?!"

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+9+2[/dice] to hit; (+bard)
[ dice]2d4+10+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage.

HP: 47/50
AC: 20 (7 armor, 2 dex, 1 dodge)

DF: 0/10
Weap: 0/6
Grunting: 0/6 used (+3)
Quick Prayer: 1/6 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
GoodFeelings: 0/2 used

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP 59/66 | AC 18 Tch 13 FF 15 | CMD 24 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | MF 2/6 used | KO 1/1 used | Buffs:

Thanks for Botting me GM. Wow! This fight is crazy.

Does the Hex give me two rolls against the head's glaring? I'm assuming for now it doesn't.

Will save against the head, DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Cahal doesn't really know whom she hates more between the head in a basket and the gold mask. Bloodied, and quite confused about who is with whom, she is nonetheless intent on prevailing. She manages to resist the head's terrible power and attacks, finding within her a new font of power.

"Enough with this nonsense!" she shouts as she crosses with ease the patch of grease, ignoring Zilchus's option.

Acrobatics to cross the grease: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Fortune: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Probably getting an AoO from Green.

SwA Martial Flex for Improved Disarm.

Reaching the skeleton, she tries to take the chain from him with her free hand. "Give me that head!"

CMB with Bless, Heroism, IC, Imp Disarm with free hand to keep the chain: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 18
Fortune reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 19


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"In your dreams!"

Ben fiercely refuses the offer as he clenches his fists in anger and frustration.

Without being able to see, I can't do anything...But that does not mean I must be useless!

Ben pretends to be helpless while at the same time he discreetly draws a wand.

'kay Stingy, I want you to reach that head, enter the cage and shock the hell out of it! Let's take our revenge!

For the moment, Ben dismisses his grease.
If the duration line ends with "(D)," you can dismiss the spell at will. You must be within range of the spell's effect and must speak words of dismissal, which are usually a modified form of the spell's verbal component. If the spell has no verbal component, you can dismiss the effect with a gesture. Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Knowledge Religion DC 20+:
You face a Female unique undead, NE Tiny undead. You don't know what it is exactly, or how it was even created. I'll give you one question for rolling so well there Zilchus. You're able to identify something from her visage about her abilities.
- - -

The skeleton on Cahal had a readied action, which it takes now, attacking Cahal with the caged head like a large ball-headed flail!
skeleton with head on Cahal: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

The head gets a free bite on Cahal as she goes by, slobbering and screaming.
head on Cahal: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 plus Will DC 16 or -4 on all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Free Action?


Inactive; Campaign Concluded

Round 14, Init 15

With the bottleneck now removed, Florence moves to try and follow Cahal into the room. As she steps in front of the doorway she finally catches sight of the thing doing all the screaming...

Will vs. Head (DC 16): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

...and does a double-take when she sees the object inside the tiny cage. "What the heck is THAT!?" Florence shrieks, immediately skidding to a halt. Then as an afterthought, she calls to Nidhi. "Um, I think this thing's a little too far gone for soap! It looks like her most of her kinda fell off..."

Shaking her head, she decides to wait and allow Zilchus room to move inside first. "If there's anyone that can take care of a talking-head-in-a-cage it's you, Zilchus! We're right behind you," Florence calls out as she continues to utter her odd little giggle - which now sounds a bit nervous despite her brave words.
_______

Florence takes a 5 foot step to her current position (and fails her Will vs. the glare), hits Zilchus with Fortune as a standard action, then giggles as a move action. Also don't forget guys that Bless is also still running!

3,001 to 3,050 of 8,813 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.