GM Euan's Mummy's Mask (Inactive)

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


651 to 700 of 8,813 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh no, he couldn't come with me...he had his own business to keep watch on," Florence explains. "But he gave me what money he could spare and we looked at some maps and figured out the best route for me to take to get to Osirion. Most everything else - what sort of gear I'd need, the sorts of weapons I should carry - I've just picked up on by asking people on the trip here."

She shakes her head. "Most of them probably thought I was crazy, coming all the way out here without even a real plan of what to do once I got here."

"What about you, Nidhii? You've lived here all your life - is there someone you're sweet on, or a best friend we might run into out in the city one day?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Conversation from Previous page:
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Women, huh?" Zilchus suddenly takes a bit of notice of something other than his mug. "How are they doing? Maybe..maybe I should go give them the Zilchush charm. I bet they will open right up to me." Zilchus smiles his not-so-pretty charm and looks around for women who could use his 'charm', of which there is little.
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:

Nidhi nods at Florence, more inclined to take Florence seriously over the other party members because she isn't inebriated. "I spoke to the Daughters of the Desert. Apparently they're been in Wati for months preparing and persevering for this event. They funded themselves you know... imagine if we had been able to do the same!" Nidhi looks wistfully into her mug and sighs. "Sigrun and the barbarian are apparently quite adept to this sort of thing. Rediscovering and redistributing history, I mean. Today they explored the house of a wealthy pawnbroker." Nidhi smiles, leaning in so she can speak a bit more quietly, "Although I think we got the better deal."

Nidhi leans back, wanting to change the conversation to something lighter. "Zilchus, maybe you should try your swagger on the lady in the purple hat," Nidhi teases. Then Nidhi remembers Augustus' fling with the lovely bard. "Augustus," Nidhi begins, "What ever happened to Lirgala? From the way you two were staring into each others souls I would 've sworn you'd have rode off into the sunset by now!" Nidhi laughs musically, covering her mouth with one hand. Her other hand taps the table jovially, unable to contain her humor.

After having a good laugh, Nidhi turns to Benedictus and Florence. "Do either of you have someone special back at home? Or does someone in this tavern perhaps spark your interest?" Nidhi waggles her eyebrows at her companions, feeling playful.

Florence Corvina wrote:

"Oh that's right! Augustus, you never really told us how your dinner went," Florence exclaims, feeling a little guilty for forgetting to ask earlier. "But you've been in a good mood today so I'm guessing it didn't go too badly," she grins.

Feeling a little more at ease, Florence enjoys another drink. She didn't have any plans to get three sheets to the wind, but the wine was good and the company was pleasant (and entertaining). "Right, I'm sure a little 'Zilchush' charm is just what they need after a hard day out in the Necropolis," she responds to Zilchus with a smirk. "Be sure to let us know what they say if you go over to say hi."

Turning her attention back to Nidhi, she shrugs at her question. "Nah, no one at home. Well, I guess some folks might count Marius, he always did seem to want my attention in one way or another," she muses. "I've never really felt that way about him though. I mean, we grew up together you know? He's more like a big brother..." Her expression grows somber. "And a good friend. He helped me get here to Osirion in the first place."

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:

Nidhi gives an unlady-like snort into her ale at hearing Florence say "'Zilchush' charm."

"So you two traveled together for some distance then? He must really care about you. Where did he go after you arrived in Osirion? Did he have other business to attend to?" Nidhi sits up, attentive to Florence's story.

After the others talk of their own love life, Nidhi speaks of her own. "I don't have anyone special but did I meet someone in Abdur's tavern... Cahal ud'Din." (Link) Nidhi rakes a hand through her hair. "She didn't make the cut so she left. Who knows where she is now." Nidhi laughs, "She has no idea of my feelings. And why would she? I knew her for only an hour... but I knew. I knew that we'd have chemistry when we first met. Have you all ever met a person like that? I'm not saying she was my soulmate or anything sappy like that but there was definitely something between us." Nidhi sighs.

"And she was beautiful. Fierce, tanned, and muscled with sensual lips. Gods! What I'd give to be one of those thin cigars she smokes..." Nidhi licks her own lips and moans: "Mmmh, maybe I'll meet another fierce woman like her. With an iron grip and lips of an angel." Nidhi pulls herself out of her fantasy. Clearly, her descriptions were becoming a bit graphic but maybe the others didn't mind because of the alcohol.

"I can appreciate a strong muscular man too, but women tend to smell better," Nidhi jokes.

Nidhi elbows Zilchus and Benedictus, "What kind of women do you prefer? The gentle conceding type or the wild sword-wielding ones? I think we all know what kind of woman Augustus prefers!" Nidhi laughs again. "What about you Florence? Do you have a type?" Nidhi stands suddenly, hoisting herself up by pressing both her palms to the table's surface. "Now is the perfect time to meet somebody! With all these people in town and our achievements today, it should be easy to find someone to woo!" Nidhi stares around the table at her companions, waiting for replies. "Zilchus, I believe you expressed interest earlier," Nidhi encourages.

After hearing everyone's reply, Nidhi makes a grandiose gesture with her arms and wrists, bowing at the hip. She lowers her voice and mocks the tone of a snooty butler ”What valiant heroes! Might I interest you in one of our many fair maidens or gentle sirs? Any one of them would be privileged to bed someone with such honorable achievement. I usually charge a pretty gold piece, but for you sir, I charge nothing! I beseech you, sirs and lady, take pleasure in the night that is your mistress as she’ll only be here for a short while longer.” Nidhi makes the lighthearted joke even though Nidhi herself has no interest in those pursuits tonight. She swiftly sits back down in her seat, laughter in her eyes. Has anyone had so much to drink that they'll take Nidhi's joke seriously?

-------------

After the conversation of romantic interest is settled, Nidhi begins: "As for friends, I don't have many. I was quite shy as a small child - if you can believe it. But my grandmother helped me grow out of my shell. I gained a lot of confidence with my craft and interacting with customers. I... suppose I could call some of the framers here my friends. But I'm a daydreamer and my mind sometimes makes up fantastical stories. Some people find that aspect of me unappealing," Nidhi ends on a pondering note.

"Florence, to me, you seem like the kind of person who would have friends all over." Not like this stick-in-the-mud Zilchus over here with his strict adherence to the Ruby Prince's decrees. Nidhi casts Zilchus a quick glance. "Florence, didn't you say something about working in a shop before? When you came with me to meet my grandmother."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Florence’s remark suddenly makes Ben feel sorry for his dishonest though about hiding books from Abdur. “You’re right, Florence, you’re…You’re right. I should have shaid that. Or even think about it. I won’t do it, I promishe. It’sh jusht that it makesh me angry when people do not realize the value of knowledge…

---

Ben absentmindedly listens to the conversations held at his table, but Nidhi sparks his interest when she asks him and Zilchus about which kind of women they prefer. Benedictus gives a little thought to the question, then shrugs. “I…I think I don’t know, Nidhi…As you said, women ushually prefer muscular men, and I’m unfortunately out of that group…” Ben sips his wine. “I find it hard to even get some friendsh, you shee…let alone women”, admits the scholar with a faint smile. “Anyway, if I had to chooshe…” Ben blushes, forcing his eyes to stay where they are, that is, fixed on his glass of wine, instead of involuntarily turning to Florence, “I would shay…kind women. And, and…wait, no. My anshwer is not…not completely right…

Thanks to the alcohol flowing in his veins and obfuscating his usually moderated thoughts, Ben lets himself go. “To be onesht, I don’t think I will ever chooshe a woman. I mean, I’m rather unattractive for the vasht majority of them. That’sh not shomething I regret, though. All I know about love is that we don’t get to chooshe thoshe we love. It jusht happensh, although it never happened to me. Love ish a noble feeling, and I look forward to when I’ll experience it, if I ever will…Although perhaps it will never happen to me. Look at me. Who would time to share his mosht precioush feelinghs with me? Ushually people vomit their worsht feeling on me. Yet once…Long time ago…” Ben’s speech seems to be about to die prematurely, his words slowly swallowed by pain and discretion. What the Hell, if I don’t tell this now, I never will…

All my experience with women ish confined to a shingle event. When I wash a Professhor, at Egorian, one of my shtudentsh took interest in me. I could not shee why she did, so I turned her down. It wash inappropriate. But she didn’t lishten. She went on. And on. And on…Until one day she came in my office and kisshed me and…Woah, I need more wine” After taking one more sip, Ben ensues. “Then she told everyone I tried to sheduce her and abushe her. It wash embarasshing. And it coshted me my hard-earned poshition as a professhor. I had to leave. And I came here.” The scholar shrugs. “All in all, it didn’t go that bad, shince that allowed me to meet you, my friendsh!

---

I think I will take advantage of my liquid courage flowing into my veins…”, says Ben after a while, the effects of the drinks slowly fading away and allowing him to speak almost normally again. “I won’t last long, so…” With that said, Ben stands up and slowly, slowly, very slowly walks toward the group captained by the woman in purple, the Scorched Hand. Once he’s close enough to them, Ben clumsily bows. “G…Good evening. I…I am Benedictus West Dickens, and…Oh, no, no, no! Say something, something not so stupid, if possible!Well, rumor has it, you’re all followers of the All-Seeing Eye. I’m a Nethysian myself, although I don’t wear my faith openly. Mind if we share a few words?”, hesitantly asks Benedictus. If allowed, he will sit.

I…I like your name. How did your day go?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Nidhi doesn’t get any unusual vibe, and so continues with her questions.

Nidhi wrote:
If the statement seems benign, Nidhi leans in to whisper: ”At first light, my companions and I are traveling to Pentheru. Do you know of it?” Nidhi listens intently, eager to trade knowledge.

Sigrun thinks a moment as the table all looks in her direction. ”I think I may have heard the name… a landowner around the time of the Plague of Madness. I’m afraid I don’t know much more than that. He must have been well off though for me to remember that much - congratulations! I hope your investigations are great!.”

Nidhi wrote:
"Well I hope you all do well tomorrow.” Nidhi flashes a genuine smile around the table. “I hope to talk with you ladies again soon. Hopefully with everyone in good health like tonight!” Nidhi takes a moment to turn to the cleric, “Thanks for offering to heal poison. I'll keep you in mind in case something bites me or my companions. And if you all find something interesting - perhaps a book - my companions and I may be interested in a trade with something we've found.”

They all thank you warmly, and wish you well as well.

You do not see Lirgala or the team she’s with, at least not in the early part of the evening.

Benedictus wrote:

“I think I will take advantage of my liquid courage flowing into my veins…”, says Ben after a while, the effects of the drinks slowly fading away and allowing him to speak almost normally again. “I won’t last long, so…” With that said, Ben stands up and slowly, slowly, very slowly walks toward the group captained by the woman in purple, the Scorched Hand. Once he’s close enough to them, Ben clumsily bows. “G…Good evening. I…I am Benedictus West Dickens, and…” Oh, no, no, no! Say something, something not so stupid, if possible! “Well, rumor has it, you’re all followers of the All-Seeing Eye. I’m a Nethysian myself, although I don’t wear my faith openly. Mind if we share a few words?”, hesitantly asks Benedictus. If allowed, he will sit.

“I…I like your name. How did your day go?”

Velriana, interrupted in the middle of a thought frowns at the intruder, but Idorii smiles and welcomes you, ”Yes, yes they are. Quite devout too! I’m Idorii, those two are Khelru and Azaz, and our leader there is Velriana Hypaxes. I think I saw you this morning - did you get a good spot?”

”Yes,” Velriana interrupts, ”Where are you digging?”


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Yes, I got a good spot, Mr. Idorii, thank you", says Ben with a courteous smile, voluntarily gaining some time to think about how to answer to Velriana's question while also taking the opportunity to show her that he won't be getting intimidated by her resolute approach. This is politics, nothing more. We are competitors, but we can gain some mutual benefits from knowing information about how our competitors' are doing. I'm sorry, milady, but this kind of attitude is too much widespread among scholars and I'm not falling for it. We both could use some information, and that's what I'll get.

Ben then turns to Velriana. "A pleasure to see you again, milady. Your group had a deal with Abdur, if I recall correctly?" Ben smiles mischievously, but then goes straight to the point, in order not to push his luck too far. "Me and my group explored the Tomb of Akhentepi, a glorious soldier whose loyalty to his pharaoh was commendable...just like the treasure he was buried with." Benedictus giggles, trying to find any form of support among Idorii and the other members of the Scorched Hand. He voluntarily talked about their previous exploration, instead of focusing on the present, as Velriana's question suggested. Now, let's play...

"What about you, instead? I hope you have unearthed some valuable knowledge as well".


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus immediate thinks about getting up to share the Zilchushhh charm with the ladies, but finds his feet and balance lacking after he rises. He takes a moment to collect himself, then sits back down.

"Maybe I'll go...go...give them the full Zilchushhh later on. We're talkin' here," Zilchus blinks and tries to get his eyes to look straight and clearly as he looks at his cup. One eye opens, the other closes, then he reverses the process.

How much have I had? Four? Five?

Zilchus puts down what is his *seventh* mug down on the table, taking a break.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"What of women do you prefer?"

"What kind of womensh?" Zilchus repeats, looking around, thinking. "I dunno...whichever will talk to me, I supposesh!" Zilchus begins to laugh, both out of truth of the matter and the embarrassment for having said it aloud. But it was true, Zilch has had zilch luck with the ladies. "Ha ha ha..."

Zilchus' laughter dies as he realizes he prefers anyone that would be kind to him.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"And what of close friends?" Nidhi presses her companions for more personal information. Nidhi's gaze lingers on Augustus. The guy talked big but she doubted many people would have the patience to put up with his over-arching confidence and bragging.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Although she'd never really given the idea of women much thought, Nidhii's description of this exotic lady from yesterday surprises Florence with its intensity.

Wow...it's getting warm in here. Or maybe it's just because I'm drinking? Better go easy on it.

"Well...looks like you've already got a pretty good start on finding your type," Florence laughs and gives a nod towards the Daughters of the Desert. "The redhead...Sigrun, right? She's pretty and looks like she fits the description well enough! Maybe we'll get to see more of them in the evenings."

"As far as a 'type' for me..." she looks thoughtful. Truth be told, she'd never really given it a lot of thought before. "Um, I'm honestly not really sure. I like being with people that can make me laugh and that don't take themselves seriously all the time. Kinda like you guys," she smiles, now feeling a little shy. "And of course being kind...and patient. All of that's important to me to have in a friend so I guess it stands to follow that it'd be the same for my 'type'...probably just magnified a few times!"

Although she's still smiling when Ben begins to share his own feelings on the matter of types, it slowly fades from her face as he explains the painful and humiliating experience that ultimately led him to Osirion. From what she'd seen of the Professor the idea of him seducing anyone, much less abusing them, seemed absurd. "That's...I don't get it. Why would anyone do that to someone?" she sighs. "Because it was a game? Or just to see if they could?" Now scowling, she takes another sip of her drink. "What the hell...sometimes I just don't understand people at all," she mutters, more to herself than to any of her companions. After a moment, she looks up at Ben. "You know though, I think it's good that you've tried to look for silver linings in what happened. There's a lot of people out there that would've let something like that ruin them. You didn't and now you're probably a stronger person for all the hardship."

This got serious in a hurry. I think I'd rather go back to talking about types again...
______________

Once Ben moves off to speak with the Scorched Hand, Florence glances around the common room. "You know Nidhii, you're right about one thing - this is a good a time as ever to mingle and meet people. To be honest, I don't know if I'd ever say that I had a lot of friends back home in Cassomir."

"My family owns...owned...an apothecary. That's how I know so much about herbs and remedies and alchemy," she explains. "Once I got old enough and skilled enough, sometimes they'd let me mind the shop for awhile. So I learned how to talk to people and be friendly from talking to the customers that we'd get. Of course some were local people who knew us anyway but we got plenty of travelers passing through, too. Didn't make a lot of fast friends that way but had lots of uh...I guess you'd call them friendly acquaintances?"

She takes one last sip of her drink, emptying it. One was plenty for her, at least for tonight. "And now it's time to hopefully start making some new ones. I think I'll go chat with the halflings over there because I'm dying to find out how they managed with their dogs." Before she rises from the table, she turns to Zilchus. "Hey...do you or Augustus want to come with me to say hi? They look like folks you two might get along with."
______________

Whether or not either man decides to come along, Florence carefully makes her way over to the table where the Dog Soldiers are enjoying their drinks. "Hi! Care if I sit with you for a few minutes? I'm Florence, from Abdur's group," she says, offering her hand for a shake.

Did we ever give our group a name or are we just 'Abdur's group'?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Florence Corvina wrote:
"You know though, I think it's good that you've tried to look for silver linings in what happened. There's a lot of people out there that would've let something like that ruin them. You didn't and now you're probably a stronger person for all the hardship."

Nidhi gets the impression that Florence is a lot more considerate of other people than Nidhi is herself. Nidhi nods at Florence's words. Fate can be so cruel sometimes.

When Florence excuses herself from the table, Nidhi remains seated. Nidhi stares into her drink. Poor Benedictus... I really misjudged him. I wonder how he's faring talking to the Scorched Hand. Nidhi turns her head about the room, examining the clientele. But Nidhi's buzz numbs her to her surroundings so she doesn't notice much.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Are we supposed to have a name? Haha.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Name? I was going with 'The Unled'.

Zilchus tries to rise again, but his unsteadiness causes him to sit down again.

"Maybe I'll just schtay here and keep you all...," Zilchus struggles to finish his thought and eventually begins to nod off into his chest.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, Idorii is a woman.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:

"Yes, I got a good spot, Mr. Idorii, thank you", says Ben with a courteous smile.

Ben then turns to Velriana. "A pleasure to see you again, milady. Your group had a deal with Abdur, if I recall correctly?" Ben smiles mischievously, but then goes straight to the point, in order not to push his luck too far. "Me and my group explored the Tomb of Akhentepi, a glorious soldier whose loyalty to his pharaoh was commendable...just like the treasure he was buried with." Benedictus giggles, trying to find any form of support among Idorii and the other members of the Scorched Hand. He voluntarily talked about their previous exploration, instead of focusing on the present, as Velriana's question suggested. Now, let's play...

"What about you, instead? I hope you have unearthed some valuable knowledge as well".

Velriana is quite vocal in her disapproval of the Grand Mausoleum’s refusal to assign specific sites to groups that requested them. ”We were denied a petition to explore a site sacred to our faith, and was instead allocated what turned out to be an ancient brothel. Shameful and not befitting our talents. At all.”

”We easily dispatched the nest of zombies in the brothel’s basement and even managed to recover a few minor treasures from the site, but we are disappointed with our first foray.” she snaps, almost as if Benedictus was somehow to blame.

She asks, ”Have you earned of an ancient temple or shrine being assigned, or heard any rumors of something called ‘The Erudite Eye’?”

Florence wrote:
Whether or not either man decides to come along, Florence carefully makes her way over to the table where the Dog Soldiers are enjoying their drinks. “Hi! Care if I sit with you for a few minutes? I'm Florence, from Abdur's group,” she says, offering her hand for a shake.

”To the dogs!” one of their members shouts as you approach and they all drain their mugs. Another gets up and heads over to refill them as the rest look sorrowfully at the table. When you speak, the one who made the toast stands, and they all stand with him. ”I’m Marrn, and you can learn the rest of these dogs names as you wish. Welcome, and forgive our manners for we are suffering this evening.”

”Gerbert! Get the lady a drink!” he shouts at the halfling gathering fresh ale. He offers you his seat, and takes Gerberts bidding you to sit and join them.

”We lost half our pets today to some damnable cube of geletin.”


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi smiles in reaction to Zilchus falling asleep.

Nidhi continues to sit at the table with Zilchus, enjoying the busy atmosphere inside the tavern. She occasionally looks in the directions of Benedictus and Florence to make sure they're still doing okay. I wonder what kind of information they're gathering. Nidhi is curious but she doesn't want to leave the unconscious Zilchus alone. Some mischievous bar patron might draw a man's pole in ink on Zilchus' unconscious face. And what kind of friend would Nidhi be if she let that happen?


Zilchus snore-snorts himself awake, blinking his eyes open and hoping no one saw him fall asleep. He looks around, hopeful and somewhat embarrassed.

No one saw that, right?

Zilchus coolly reaches for his mug, but does not drink more. Yet.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Welcome back to the land of the living," Nidhi jokes to Zilchus. "Florence went to talk to the Dog Soldiers and Benedictus is still talking to the Scorched Hand." Nidhi points in the direction of both groups.

"So... have you met the Ruby Prince in person? Is he a dear friend to you?"

"What made you decide to follow him with such enthusiastic fervor? Are you parents firm supporters as well?" Nidhi's hands are grasped in her lap as she sits patiently for Zilchus' reply.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Ooh...guess that answers my question.

"Oh, um...thank you," Florence responds as she takes the offered seat. "I didn't realize you'd all had such a hard day or I wouldn't have butted in on your memorial..."

She glances back over to where she'd left Nidhii, Zilchus, and Augustus. And Bynx, who'd wisely decided that anything canine-related would be best avoided.

I don't know what I'd do if something happened to Bynx. He's really the only thing I have left of home...and my old life.

Florence felt a painful tightening sensation in her chest at the thought of it. And these halflings had lost not one beloved pet, but two. She knew they had to be hurting.

She glances down at the ground, trying to think of the right words to say. "Um, I won't lie...I've always been more of a cat-person than a dog-person. But Bynx is more than just a pet to me. He's my friend and a reminder of home. I can't imagine waking up in the morning and him not being there practically sleeping on my head."

"I'm sorry," she says simply as she looks up at the Dog Soldiers. "Will you tell me about them?"
__________

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben listens attentively to Velriana's account of their exploration, taking mental notes about their methods and the enemies they've faced. When the woman in purple mentions "The Erudite Eye", the very name is enough to catch Benedictus' attention back to the topic. "Mph, no, I've not heard about that site either...Even though, from its name, it sounds like a promising and interesting site to explore...Who know, perhaps it will be your next assignment?"

With that said, Benedictus greets the Schorched Hand's members with respect and gets back to his allies.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Florence Corvina wrote:

She glances down at the ground, trying to think of the right words to say. "Um, I won't lie...I've always been more of a cat-person than a dog-person. But Bynx is more than just a pet to me. He's my friend and a reminder of home. I can't imagine waking up in the morning and him not being there practically sleeping on my head."

"I'm sorry," she says simply as she looks up at the Dog Soldiers. "Will you tell me about them?"

”No worries lass!” he slurps some more ale, ”Can’t expect everyone to love dogs, but we’ll not lie morbid while we have guests!” he stands and removes a handsome elven curved blade from behind his chair. With a flourish he removes the scabbard and extends the blade, pommel first, for Florence’s examination.

”Feast your eyes on this!” The blade is simple, but razor sharp. There is a little tight scroll work along the base of the tang just before it disappears into the pommel. You suspect the scroll work continues under the fine leather strapping, but it’s impossible to see. The blade is extremely light, and almost ‘falls’ into a swinging arc. It wants to be used.

”Impressive huh?” says Marrn, watching your eyes. ”We found it in that damnable cube, and though it seemed to eat everything else, it didn’t touch the magics of this beauty. We hope to sell it to replace our dogs… and more. he says proudly.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:

Ben listens attentively to Velriana's account of their exploration, taking mental notes about their methods and the enemies they've faced. When the woman in purple mentions "The Erudite Eye", the very name is enough to catch Benedictus' attention back to the topic. "Mph, no, I've not heard about that site either...Even though, from its name, it sounds like a promising and interesting site to explore...Who know, perhaps it will be your next assignment?"

With that said, Benedictus greets the Schorched Hand's members with respect and gets back to his allies.

”Perhaps.” says Velriana coldly, clearly of the opinion that it should be theirs now. Idorii bids you farewell and the others nod in agreement, well excepting Velriana who is already questioning a nearby table about the places they’ve been assigned.

The evening passes agreeably and, a few further conversations aside (feels like we’re slowing down a bit, so move on as you wish, or continue), your merry band has a very pleasant evening.


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"So... have you met the Ruby Prince in person? Is he a dear friend to you? What made you decide to follow him with such enthusiastic fervor? Are you parents firm supporters as well?"

Zilchus smiles and takes a very small sip of his drink. He offers a small smile in embarrassment. I guess they noticed.

He rolls his head to look at Nidhi.

"The Rubie Princshhh? Yeah, my family hasssshh been serving him for yearsshh. My dad, his dad, his dad's dad. His wife. His grand wife? All the way back for a long time," Zilchus slurs. "My family hasshh always sshherved the Princshhh. We have always shhherved Oshhirion."

Zilchus smiles his not so good smile, and tries again to rise. He succeeds, but shakily.

"I think..I think I'm going to schhlleep. Big day tomorrow," Zilchus makes his excuses and begins to teeter towards his room.

* * *

He will be mostly awake and mostly not-hungover come the morning, ready to get on with the business of the next exploration.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Even with knowing next to nothing about weapons or the intricacies of smithing, Florence has to admit that the sword the Dog Soldiers had found looked like a superb specimen. "Wow...I'm sure that will fetch a fine price," she agrees. "And the cube dissolved everything else but the sword? Huh...it must be made of a very strong metal, then. Or maybe it even has some sort of enchantment on it! Or both," she smiles. "You should check into that if you haven't already; an enchantment would only make it even more valuable than it already is."

Now having grown comfortable again, Florence enjoys herself for a time visiting with the Dog Soldiers and learning a little more about their group. She shares a few of the highlights of their experiences in Akhentepi's tomb, such as Augustus' near-miss with the rope, the enchanted sarcophagus, and the mirror - even pulling aside some strands of hair to show them the brand said mirror had left. "Thankfully it should fade in a day or two, but in the meantime just about all of us have a nice souvenir stamped on our foreheads," she says with a wry smile.

Before long, she realizes that the time is starting to get away from them all and bids Marn and his friends good night. "Good luck tomorrow and I hope you can find good replacements for your dogs," she waves before returning to her friends at their table.

"Well, that was actually...nice," she smiles. "The Dog Soldiers seem like a good bunch. They lost some of their dogs today, said some sort of gelatin cube got them? But they found a really fancy-looking sword and seemed hopeful they'd be able to get more than enough from selling it to replace their dogs and have money left over," she explains. "I think you'd like them, Augustus. You too, Z...oh, I guess he already went to bed? Probably a good idea." She yawns. "I think I'll head that way myself. Sleep well and I'll see the rest of you in the morning, okay?"

And with that, she and Bynx make their way to their room and settle into a deep, restful sleep.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Well, that was actually...nice," she smiles. "The Dog Soldiers seem like a good bunch. They lost some of their dogs today, said some sort of gelatin cube got them? But they found a really fancy-looking sword and seemed hopeful they'd be able to get more than enough from selling it to replace their dogs and have money left over," she explains. "I think you'd like them, Augustus. You too, Z...oh, I guess he already went to bed? Probably a good idea." She yawns. "I think I'll head that way myself. Sleep well and I'll see the rest of you in the morning, okay?"

With Zilchus and Florence decided on going to bed, Nidhi gets up herself, bidding Benedictus and Augustus a good night. Nidhi pulls the hood of her cloak up and walks to her grandmother's shop. Nidhi uses her Everburning Torch and the light from the surrounding buildings to see herself home. Nidhi enjoys her evening stroll home even though she's fatigued.

When Nidhi arrives home, Jharna is still awake, sewing buttons on a cotton shirt. Jharna stands and approaches Nidhi with uncanny speed for a woman of her age. Nidhi lets herself be embraced and embraces Jharna back in a tight hug. No words are spoken between the two women. Nidhi feels Jharna's pride and Jharna senses her granddaughter's weariness.

Nidhi immediately goes upstairs, strips down her her undergarments, and falls asleep on her bed. It wasn't a palace, but it was home.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Benedictus drags himself to his room, rests the satchel containing Stingy on the floor and then collapses on the bed, his mind filled with all sorts of thoughts, but above all, obfuscated by tiredness. Father, he mutters to himself, his hands folded over his chest, his head resting on a rugged pillow, Could you believe it? I'm in Osirion. Do you remember when you told me about when you first found me? I wonder where it was, precisely. You never told me. Look at me, father. I hope you're proud of me. Today I've explored the Tomb of Akenthepi, a powerful and loyal soldier of a pharaoh of ages past, and I emerged alive from the crypt's depths. We unearthed quite a few tresures, you would have liked them, I'm sure. Now forgive me, father, I'm tired. I will tell you more tomorrow. I'm going to explore another site! Goodnight, father.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party makes their way to their respective beds and sleeps the good sleep of those who have had success this day.

The morning sun rises hot, with nary a wisp of wind to cut the temperature. You feel it's a good day to descend into another tomb, where it will be cooler.

You meet for breakfast at the Tooth and Hookah, a few of the other teams have already left, but one or two linger over their coffee and food. You have a map to your next location in the Necropolis.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi wakes up to fresh baked bread and cooked eggs wafting into the bedroom. Jharna sets the table when Nidhi makes her way downstairs. ”Mornin’” Nidhi groggily greets her grandmother, rubbing the back of her neck. ”Nidhi dear! Come sit! Eat.” Nidhi obeys and Jharna slices a loaf of bread and fills Nidhi’s plate with a pile of food. Nidhi takes a sip of the hot tea before her. ”Ginger tea?” Nidhi eyes her grandmother questioningly. ”You know, my companions and I didn’t actually run into any undead yesterday.” A teasing smile plays across Jharna’s lips: ”Hush! Can’t an old doddering grandmother do something for her favorite granddaughter?” Nidhi smiles into her tea. Jharna’s nimbleness didn’t reflect her age. Why Jharna insists on carrying a cane around; Nidhi didn’t know.

Jharna wraps up a couple slices of bread, a wedge of cheese, and a shiny red apple into a white handkerchief. ”Hurry and get dressed. No doubt your friends are waiting on you and I’ve got that young scholar’s robe to work on.” Friends? Nidhi hadn’t considered that her companions might be her friends, but she supposed sharing life-threating action and adventure was reason enough to call someone a friend. Nidhi unbraids and braids her long tumble of hair, running her fingers through the silken strands loosening any knots. Nidhi rummages through the dresser she and Jharna share, pushing aside clean pressed clothing until she finds what she’s looking for. She picks out a faintly pink cotton shirt, dyed with fig juices – it was one of her favorites.

Donning her traveling cloak Jharna designed specifically for her granddaughter, Nidhi makes her way through the streets to Sunburst Market (#19.) She wanted to buy some armor before meeting with her companions. She’ll apologize if they’re upset by her late arrival, but Nidhi assumes Zilchus and Benedictus will rise later than normal. They’d both consumed quite a bit of drink from what Nidhi observed yesterday.

Nidhi walks through Sunburst Market, observing merchants setting up shop and conversing with early shoppers. Nidhi looks for an armor merchant so she can buy light padded armor. Nidhi attempts to haggle with the merchant wanting to pay 5 gold or less for the protection. Nidhi doesn’t mind if the armor is used because she feels like a veteran dungeneer when she tries it on. Gazing at the armor, Nidhi worries about the chance of her spells failing while wearing it. Nidhi also purchases one bundle of rope and a piton.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

”You want how much? No, no, no. Do you know who I am? I am rediscovering and protecting Wati’s heritage! Today my companions and I return to the Necropolis for another site. Don’t you think you could cut me a better deal?” Nidhi pleads with the merchant, giving them the most encouraging smile she can muster this early in the morning. After spending time examining wares and haggling with the various merchants, Nidhi leaves Sunburst Market (#19) to meet up with her companions at Tooth and Hookah (#24.)

Nidhi probably arrives at the Tooth and Hookah after her companions have mostly finished eating their breakfast. ”Hello everyone!” Nidhi greets cheerily. Nidhi does a little spin as she makes it to the tavern table. ”Ready for another day full of unimaginable treasures and great peril?” Nidhi waggles her eyebrows, smiling playfully. Finding that her companions were still at the Tooth and Hookah was a relief. ”Sorry if I’m a bit late. I took a trip through Sunburst Market this morning… Are you all ready to head out?” Nidhi asks, tightening her grip on the recently purchased rope hoisted over one shoulder. The morning walk aided Nidhi's alertness; Nidhi appears bright-eyed and perky.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I want to edit my previous post.

Compared to the ancient treasures within Akhentepi's tomb, none of the padded armor looks appealing at the Sunburst Market to Nidhi. Reguardless, Nidhi decides that she will wear some sort of armor before entering into the next site. (Nidhi defers to her companions for what it will be.) Nidhi arrives at the Tooth and Hookah with just the skein of rope and piton.

During the stroll through Sunburst Market, Nidhi remembers something about the loot from the previous day.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi probably arrives at the Tooth and Hookah after her companions have mostly finished eating their breakfast. ”Hello everyone!” Nidhi greets cheerily. Nidhi does a little spin as she makes it to the tavern table. ”Ready for another day full of unimaginable treasures and great peril?” Nidhi waggles her eyebrows, smiling playfully. Finding that her companions were still at the Tooth and Hookah was a relief. ”Sorry if I’m a bit late. I took a trip through Sunburst Market this morning… Are you all ready to head out?” Nidhi asks, tightening her grip on the recently purchased rope hoisted over one shoulder. The morning walk aided Nidhi's alertness; Nidhi appears bright-eyed and perky.

"Ahh... and before we go to the next site, perhaps we should examine the items from yesterday and see if we can use any of it. Benedictus and Florence, do you two mind taking a look as well? Maybe we can identify some of this stuff."

At the storeroom, Nidhi examines the padded armor. "Benedictus, Florence, can you tell me more about this? Maybe one of us should wear it?" Nidhi uses Detect Magic. "It's magical."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Nidhi wrote:
"Hello everyone!"

Zilchus barely looks up from his breakfast to acknowledge the overly loud, overly cheerful morning person. He is trying valiantly to finish a piece of well toasted bread, hoping that it might quell his jittery stomach.

":morning:" Zilchus mumbles back, fumbling for his water. He's mostly dressed in his armor and remembered to wear pants. And his sword. But still, he's not doing poorly, but nor is he doing well. It's morning. And he drank too much last night.

Zilchus tries to eat a greasy piece of bacon or sausage, moving slowly as the Nidhi begins to scatter magic items on the table. He listens and watches the Professor work on them so he has something to concentrate upon rather than his own ill feelings.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben wakes up with renewed energies, both physical and mental He lingers in his bed for a while before actually begin the long process of getting ready for the day to come. After having washed his face with the content of a wooden bowl, Benedictus dresses up and sits cross-legged on the floor, his spellbook resting on the top of them as he studies the contents of the tome. Yesterday I was not very useful to my group, except for what insights I could provide in how Osirian people used to build tombs and perhaps a few useful information about the constructs we had to fight. This time I feel much readier. I finally feel I’ve got a decent gear, and the scrolls I’ve bought will help me should other battles occur. Anyway, this time I need to be more careful with my spell selection. I must choose something that only I can do, something which could enable me to save the life of my new friends, something which would allow me to be useful to them…Mmmh, let’s see…

After the preparations, Benedictus descends in the main hall and joins the others for breakfast. He seems to have fully recovered from both his argument with Abdur concerning the books and his drunkenness. “Morning” he says with a radiant smile to his friends. He takes place between Zilchus and Florence, if possible. As he eats his breakfast, Ben looks up to the women of his group. “Did I say something stupid last night?” An amused smile pops up on his lips.

"Mmmh...Let me have a look at it...", says Ben to Nidhi when she shows him the padded armor. "Yesterday I failed to identify it, but who knows...another day, another try!"
________________________
Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is a morning person isn't she? Lol


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Unfortunately, neither Nidhi nor Benedictus can plumb the depths of the armor. (DC 22)

It continues to elude you, but it is a very fine suit... You could wear it, you know, just for now... I'm sure it's not cursed or anything, that would be crazy.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Cursed armor? Pssh! Who would do such a thing? Everyone knows it's bad luck to curse your own armor! Nidhi shrugs, "Do you think I should wear it? What about you Florence? Benedictus? Are you interested in wearing armor that used to belong to a great warrior?"


Zilchus continues to eat with dazed eyes, almost trying to eat himself full before it wants to come back up.

"You should wear the armor, Professor. Some armor is better than none," Zilchus opines without recognizing any reason at all to not wear armor.

He takes a deep breath, almost ready to get going on the road.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

After her morning meditations (wherein she gives her choice of magics a little more thought than before), Florence washes up and grabs her gear before heading down to breakfast. "Good morning," she smiles, surprised to see Zilchus and Nidhii already at the table and eating. "I didn't know the two of you were such early risers! You're making the rest of us look lazy," she chuckles as she takes a seat and begins working on her own breakfast, scooting over to make room for Ben once he appears.

When the question of the magical armor comes up, Florence looks at it with some curiosity. "Well, I uh...still don't really know a lot about magic but I can try looking at it too," she offers.

Spellcraft (Armor): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"Hmm...no, I'm afraid it's a mystery to me," she sighs after a few minutes of inspection. "Like I said, there's still a lot that I don't know. Hopefully that'll change with time and some practice."
__________

I went ahead and rolled just in case, but it looks like Nidhii actually got a 23 on her Spellcraft check? Unless I missed something :)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Oh! Shoot. Nidhi, you edited your post - sneaky player!

Nidhi does indeed know what the armor does. Thanks for the heads up Florence.

This suit of +1 stanching padded armor (image) is of traditional Osirian design, consisting of a quilted cuirass of lightweight, breathable linen; a linen kilt; and a teardrop-shaped groin guard of stiffened linen. Besides its anti-bleeding properties, Akhentepi’s armor grants its wearer a sense of impending danger. Once per day as a free action when the wearer attempts an initiative check, the wearer can add a +3 insight bonus on that initiative check.

If you chose to use this armor, you'll need to let me know when you want to use the init bonus. It's a little tricky with PbP...


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi frowns. "Hmm... well one of us can wear it, but the wearer will have a constant sense of impending doom - on the other hand, the wearer will have bonus to initiative." Nidhi looks towards Benedictus, "Benedictus, do you consider yourself a nervous person? You might be constantly paranoid while wearing this." Nidhi touches the teardrop-shaped cover for the groin area. "At least you'll know your *ahem* precious stones will be protected." Nidhi lets out a hearty laugh, finding her own jest amusing. That's one paranoia set to ease.

If Benedictus doesn't want it, Nidhi suggests that she'll try in on for herself. (Although will she become paranoid?)


Zilchus squashes his queasiness and moves to help Nidhi into her armor.

"Yeah...yeah...stick your arm through here...and you need to...ah, let me tighten this...and it lifts and separates, lifts and separates...that's it..." Zilchus helps helpfully.

"There you go. That'll be good. Very good." Zilchus stands back and checks the fit as best he can.

When that is done, he's mostly ready to go. He runs upstairs to grab his backpack and is ready to hit the road.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"So will that mean we'll have you and Ben both able to sense trouble before it happens?" Florence asks, watching with interest as Zilchus helps Nidhii don the armor. "The more trouble-detectors we have, the better! But uh...better you than me, because I'm not sure how well I'd be able to move in something like that and still work my magic."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is grateful for Zilchus' help because she has no idea how to properly wear armor. Nidhi laughs, "Well! I've never worn armor before! I have to admit - I feel like royalty in this! This is... this..." Nidhi's voice falters and she turns her head to look behind her. When Nidhi turns back, her eyes are wider and she's whispering: "We should go."

"Daylight's burning!" Nidhi smiles and waves at her companions, urging them to follow her out of the Tooth and Hookah. As the group is walking towards the Necropolis, Nidhi turns her head to look behind them several times. Nidhi shakes her head. "This is a weird feeling."

Nidhi takes to singing as they walk to their next site. Maybe singing will make me feel more at ease.

Perform: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"Going to tHe-"

Nidhi's voice cracks at "the" which abruptly stops her singing. Oh gods! What if this armor is cursed? What if it prevents the wearer from singing? Nidhi starts to feel paranoid. A look of concern passes Nidhi's face and she touches her throat with her finger tips. Nidhi remains quiet for the remainder of the commute to the site. Nidhi's superstitious nature is mingling with the armor's powers.


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um, okay..." Florence responds, giving Nidhii a curious look when the young woman insists that it's time to head out to their next site. "Might as well, right? Sooner begun, sooner done and all that," she chuckles as she takes one last bite of her breakfast and shoulders her pack. As they're gathering their things to leave, she remembers that no one had answered Ben's question yet.

If he has to ask, maybe that means he doesn't remember much of what we talked about. Probably for the best.

"No, you didn't say anything stupid," she responds. "Not to us and I'm pretty sure not to the Scorched Hand, either. I get the feeling if you had, the whole tavern would've known about it!"

"OH! And I almost forgot, I uh...made this," she suddenly exclaims, reaching into her pack and pulling out a small stoppered vial containing a blue liquid. "Started it yesterday and let it simmer overnight so it'd be ready this morning. It's a healing potion! First one I've ever made." It's actually a change of pace to see Florence looking pleased with herself, but pleased she is. "Zilchus, you or Augustus should probably take it - in case I can't get to you with the wand right away."
__________

During the walk to the house of Pentheru, Florence can't help but notice that Nidhii no longer seems her usual, talkative self. She hastens her pace a bit to catch up with her and whispers in her ear, "Nervous? It's okay, I still am too - even after yesterday ended up turning out alright. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as we keep our eyes open."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"An armor? Me?" Benedictus giggles, his eyes wide in reaction to Zilchus' suggestion. "Well, I have to say, when I decided to become an adventurer I paid visit to all sorts of adventuring equipment shops in Egorian, and I also tried several types of armor. I knew that arcane spellcasters usually didn't wear armors, but I wanted to understand why. You know, there are a lot of prejudices among adventurers, and I didn't want to end up following a common way of acting without even understanding why". Ben shrugs. "Anyway, when I tried to cast my spells while wearing an armor, I immediately understood why spellcasters usually don't wear any armor. Armors impede movements. You know, those kind of strange gestures I make when casting a spell? Well, every armor I tried prevented me from performing those gestures correctly. Not something that would come up every time, but still it happened every now and then. So, no, I think I shouldn't wear the armor, although it's a pretty light one and it looks very inviting, I must admit."

---

Ben nods in agreement when Nidhi claims the armor. "Yes, I think you should keep it, Nidhi."

---

Before the group departs, Benedictus approaches Nidhi and asks her to follow him in a private place. "Nidhi? A word?" When they're alone, Benedictus sighs and turns to Nidhi. "Listen, I can't avoid to think about your questions about my past, yesterday. I...Well, I keep wondering why you're so interested in it? I mean, I trust you. Do you trust me as well?"

---

After the conversation with Nidhi, Benedictus joins the others. "I'm ready. Everything's in order. Shall we go, my friends! For the gods, I'm so excited!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus reaches out for the vial, his face a bit dubious,

"It's...blue?" Zilchus tries to be grateful. "And you say it's 'healing', huh?" Zilchus looks again at the blue liquid, holding it up to the sun, looking through the glass to see the contents.

"Uhm...its blue. Are you sure it's supposed to be blue? And this is your first time and you didn't test this beforehand?" Zilchus has some dubiousness in his voice, but tries to be thankful.

He puts it in his pouch so that others will know where it is. "Well, it's here is anyone needs it. It's right *here* if anyone wants to be first to try Florence's work. I'm sure it's not poison and doesnt taste awful at all."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

As the party prepares to leave the Tooth and Hookah on their way to their next target, one of Abdur's many servants rushes up, a note in hand.

Scribbled in Abdur's cribbed handwriting is a short note, "Please, before you descend, come see me." and it's signed simply, "Abdur".

Also, Augustus has not shown up for breakfast, and was missing from dinner, having turned in early looking a little pale.


"What? Is he okay? Abdur?! Is he okay?" Zilchus says, hoping that the note is about their inability to find Augustus rather than bad news about Abdur's health.

"Tell me! Did you see Abdur? Was he okay?" ZIlchus demands of the servant, his worry obvious.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The servant smiles, "Oh, Abdur is fine! He's a little nervous is all, but he didn't tell me what about. Shall I tell him you're on your way?"


Zilchus nods, his worry abating.

"Yes, tell him that," Zilchus says, already moving that direction. "If you guys wish to wait here, I can go find out what he needs. I hope it's nothing to do with the job. Maybe something something about Augustus."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi looks around at their surroundings, rubbing her arms up and down.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Let's all go together. We shouldn't be separated. Plus, I'm curious to know what Abdur has to say."


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding at Abdur's missive and Augustus' absence, but tries to keep a brave face. "I'm sure it's nothing," she responds with more cheerfulness than she really feels. "Augustus probably just had a little too much last night and went to Abdur for a remedy, so he wouldn't feel embarrassed."

She moves to follow Zilchus. "At any rate, I'm going too."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Mph...I wonder what that means..." Ben looks to Florence, Nidhi and Zilchus with a bit of concern. "Linking Augustus absence with Abdur's request to speak with us is in some way obvious, but let's wait and see." Benedictus pets Stingy inside the satchel. "I'm coming as well. Something tells me that this must be an important matter, if Abdur took the trouble to send us a servant."

With that said, Benedictus prepares to leave the Tooth and Hookah. While the group walks toward Abdur's place, Benedictus gives the impression of being a little distracted, but every now and then he comes back to reality, whether to avoid a passerby or to glimpse at a sign catching his attention. "Zilchus," the scholar says suddenly, "I was thinking about that suggestion of yours about wearing an armor. Today I memorized a spell which will create a magic armor on me, without hampering my movements. You'll see! Magic is such a wonderfully wide field of study and research. I regret that I didn't give myself to it earlier, to be honest."

Going along with the flow of the conversation, Benedictus then makes a few quicker steps in order to get to Florence's side. "Don't you think, Florence? I saw you casting some spells yesterday. Is your power innate, or does it arise from study?" Ben realizes only after asking that his questioning might unsettle the woman, somehow making an attempt on her privacy. "That's if you're willing to tell me about that, of course..." Ben blushes a bit, then whispers, "I'm sorry, sometimes my tongue just acts stupidly, and my mind fails to costrain her in time..."


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No, don't be sorry...it's just...hard to explain," Florence responds, uncertainty in her voice. "I never studied magic, but one day I just, um, woke up and...the knowledge was there, like someone had just stuffed it into my head. Bynx was different too, he seemed a little smarter than before - almost like a little person instead of a pet."

She stops, frowning. "Does this sound as crazy out loud as it does to me? I mean, who just goes to bed and then wakes up miraculously able to do something totally new?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sense Motive (DC 12):

The hesitation in Florence's voice seems to hint that there's a little more to the story than just 'woke up one day with powers'.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben listens to Florence's account, and nods to her, although he was able to discern something the woman's eyes. There's more to it, I'm sure. Her eyes just tell me so. But I don't to confess her thay I'm looking into her eyes. Besides, it would not be polite to insist. Insisting could put her in an unconfortable position, and I don't want her to suffer. I guess I will just let it go, for now. Perhaps, one day she will talk me about that of his own free will.

"Nay, I mean...It doesn't sound like crazy at all, Florence" Benedictus shrugs, his eyes cast in a strange light as he tries not to betray the fact that he know that there's something more to the story.

DC 6 Sense Motive check:
Ben's expression clearly tells that he has grasped that there's something more to Florence's story, but also that he's trying to find a way not to put her in a unpleasant situation in which she would have to justify her powers in front of everyone. Ben is trying his best to finding a convincing reason for declaring himself satisfied with Florence's explanation.

"Magic is a complex thing, and I know about a lot of different ways in which people discover their magic attitudes. Thank you for sharing your story with me". Ben smiles at Florence, and slows down in order to walk at Zilchus' side once again.
_________________________
Sense Motive (+2 Alertness): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20
Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP: 75/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 0/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Death Ward, Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

She's not the most skilled at reading people but just the same, Florence catches just enough of an oddness in Ben's tone to realize that she's apparently a poor liar. But to her surprise, he voices his acceptance of her story and seems content to leave it at that.

Real nice work, Florence. At least he's decided not to push it for now.

She steals a glance at Nidhii, who had been taking a noticeable interest in inquiring about their resident scholar's past.

I guess he's been there too, hasn't he?

"You're welcome," she says with a small smile. "And thanks."

I owe you one.
____________

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
Before the group departs, Benedictus approaches Nidhi and asks her to follow him in a private place. "Nidhi? A word?" When they're alone, Benedictus sighs and turns to Nidhi. "Listen, I can't avoid to think about your questions about my past, yesterday. I...Well, I keep wondering why you're so interested in it? I mean, I trust you. Do you trust me as well?"

”Sure,” Nidhi nods. She’d been putting off talking to the professor. Between the action, loot, and drinking from the previous night, there hadn’t been a good time for them to have a private moment. As the group heads towards Abdur’s, Nidhi pulls on the sleeve of Benedictus’ cloak so they can trail behind Zilchus and Florence a bit. Her brows are knitted together.

”Of course I trust you! …I mean… well” Nidhi’s cheeks turn pink. Nidhi casts a glance at Zilchus and Florence to make sure they aren’t looking before continuing: ”Just between you and me, I actually thought you were a, erm, a pirate thief lord.” Nidhi looks into Benedictus’ eyes trying to gauge his reaction before continuing.

Nidhi continues, speaking fast: ”I mean, I knew you weren’t – you know – one when you got marked by the mirror. But I thought you might be faking it at first. You seemed so eager to hop on a ship to cross the sphinx to go to the library. And then you were whispering to the others and excluding me. I thought you wanted to tie me up, haul me over your shoulder, and take me to the high seas!” Nidhi flings both arms upward, palms skyward. Nidhi exaggerates with her last sentence, making the scenario seem all the more dramatic. Zilchus and Florence are able to hear this part if they are listening closely.

Nidhi catches the volume of her voice, whispering again: ”So, I don’t think you’re a pirate thief lord anymore and I do believe that you’re actually a professor.” Nidhi tucks a stray hair behind her ear. I just braided it again this morning. ”I trust you.” Nidhi promises. Then, Nidhi teases: ”Do you want to cement it with a trust fall?” Nidhi smiles at the professor, not at all serious about her last question. Nidhi speeds up to rejoin Zilchus and Florence, glancing at Benedictus, signaling that he do the same

--------------

Florence Corvina wrote:
She stops, frowning. "Does this sound as crazy out loud as it does to me? I mean, who just goes to bed and then wakes up miraculously able to do something totally new?"

Sense Motive (Florence): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Nope.

Benedictus is so polite! Or are magical powers appearing out of nowhere common? I'll have to ask grandmother later.

Nidhi stretches both hands to the sky with her fingers splayed. ”I believe that everything happens for a reason. So you have no idea how you gained your powers? How mysterious. Maybe we can make up a background for you,” Nidhi offers with confidence. Nidhi turns her head to cock a smile at Florence: “You’re talking to a bard after all. It’s my job to tell the stories of other people – no matter how ridiculous the stories may seem.” Nidhi remembers when Florence’s forehead was marked “Thief” yesterday. It hadn’t been a normal reaction – but it hadn’t been as dramatic at Benedictus who’d literally lost consciousness. Nidhi shakes her head, with a faint smiles playing across her lips. We’re all so strange. I don’t know why Abdur chose such a mixed set of personalities. Then, Nidhi thinks of the bold and fearless Augustus and frowns. She missed him.

"Actually..." Nidhi begins again, "I think I've heard of people gaining mysterious powers overnight. Don't be alarmed Florence, but sometimes faeries sneak into peoples' bedchambers at night and steal teeth. Then, they blow on the hole where the tooth used to be and a fake tooth appears. With the fake tooth, the person gains mysterious powers!" Nidhi eyes open wide and she wiggles her fingertips over her mouth. "Next time you see a mirror, maybe you should examine your teeth. I think the fake teeth look a bit pinker than the real ones," Nidhi says superstitiously. Nidhi can't remember if she'd heard somebody tell her the information or if she'd dreamed it up herself. Nidhi likes to frequent taverns for stories. Regardless, Nidhi feels inclined to share the information.

Finally off of work and finished eating dinner. Tomorrow I have off, hurray!

651 to 700 of 8,813 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.