Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


3,951 to 4,000 of 12,164 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Standard action Heal -- Move action give oil to Jax or Cy to toss.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

I have one. Was planning on waiting for Cy to get to me and get on my little pony then moving on.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Rain storm in New York, I am tired and partly drowned. ROUGH NIGHT. I'll post when I wake up. Please DO NOT DM me. I'll post as soon as possible. I did want to catch a ride from Edmin though.

I have one alchemist fire left, and two flasks of oil. No torches but I can double check later.

I will post in the next seven hours. Goodnight. (I may be drunk right now so if I sound abrasive my apologies.)


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

I have no fire, didn't we use all of it against that blood-draining thing anyway?

Jax will tiptoe past spikes then move slowly down the slope to where the webs are and stop right before them. If possible, he'll offer a hand to Bref and try to pull him out of the webs, if not, he'll toss the oil over the webs (oil that Judge handed to him) and light in on fire with flint.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Not sure how DMDM will rule, but both oil and alchemist's fire have splash damage meaning that they cause fire to an area greater than 5'. If the webs are 20', then one oil and one alchemist's fire should burn 20' which is I think the thickness of the webs, this should also damage, and possible destroy the swarms. Whether it will destroy the goblin remains to be seen, but if we wait, we are all dead.


Correct -- one oil and one alchemist's fire could do it.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Who was drunk last night (hint - me) sorry guys. Don't follow red wine with five margaritas.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 any more traps?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
I think I have 3 summons left. 3 ponies, a dog for the bugs and a rat for the vampire mist. I believe that is all. I had 8 summons initially.

-

Did we use a summoned creature with Zargo or the rope or did he just reveal himself to us?

DM I post the day before what would it take for Edmin to grab Cуровую as he galloped across the spikes.

I would like to attempt that or I can just move Cуровую carefully through the spikes, and she will see will be wary of other traps.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Yup, forgot that one. So, after the pony I am currently summoning, I will have 2 summons left today.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Cymu-I support your debauchery! Would that I had been drunk last night! Would that I were drunk now!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Cуровую зиму wrote:
I have one alchemist fire left, and two flasks of oil. No torches but I can double check later.

I do have these items (I gave one to Bref which he used) and a tinderbox with flint. I would prefer Jax who probably has a better chance to hit than I do the throwing.

DM would it have been possible for Edmin to grab Cуровую as he gallops across? Hopefully not as tender as Grumblejack is with the Judge.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Bref wrote:
Cymu-I support your debauchery! Would that I had been drunk last night! Would that I were drunk now!

I can normally hold my own very easily, I blame the wine before hand, creeps up on you.

I am caught up on the whole thread except the last part of Edmin's backstory which I will read as entertainment during lunch.


The Ride skill doesn't give details. I'd say grabbing someone as a standard action would be no biggy (DC 10 Ride check), but grabbing someone as a free action (as would have to be the case here) would be a lot harder -- DC 20.

Alternately, if you want to take out your flasks and hand them to Jax, that would be a move action and a free action, respectively. You'd still be able to move 30' (except not, because you're in those spikes and all).


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edmin can you spare a standard action this round?

I will pass the items to Jax as soon as I am clear of the spikes, how far is the boulder? I was able to follow the boulder progress up to this last round. I actually have a stick figure drawing of all of us and a big boulder chasing us. I have all our hands outstretched. Its both helpful and cute.

The drawings not the boulder.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

As long as we are ahead of the boulder, if we only get 1 move action we will go 50'.


So, you're picking up Zimu? You can do it and still go up to 50', but then you still must make the DC 10 Ride check.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

If this ends up roasting Bref, can I keep the corpse?


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Goblin rise and haunt you Word Spawn! Throw fire!


Edmin rolled to pick up Zimu on the discussion page (successfully). Okay. Have to head for bed, will resolve in the morning.


Okay, so: Dren healed Grumblejack. Congrats! That will make him able to move at full speed again. The Judge slid down off of Grumblejack and moved carefully down the slope to the edge of the web, and then summoned another kamikaze pony.

So the Judge is done. Dren, you still have a move action left. I will assume you're using it to hand a flask of oil to Jax.

Jax, you don't have enough actions left to do anything this round, but you're standing at the edge of the webs and can light and throw the oil next round.


Sir Edmin reaches down, grabs Zimu by one arm, and pulls hard. "Excuse me, lady."

Zimu is no rider, but she's on the horse now.

I believe this slows the horse's movement to 40' -- 80' on a double move, 200' at a flat run.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

That's fine, Dren hands his Alchemists fire to Jax.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Dren, Jax is already holding the oil/flint from the Judge and won't be able to use it till next turn. Speaking of..
Next round:

Jax lobs the oil over Bref and lights up the web/spiders. Crisped goblin..sorry mate, I'm sure you'll live. You're a hardy fellow!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I thought I was going to hand the Alchemist Fire to Jax. Ok then I'll assist the artillery.

ride check if needed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

throw oil after lighting it to aid Bref 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 do I get a +1 for attacking from above? I will throw this round if possible.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Assuming we are at least moderately intelligent, I would assume that the first oil/alchemist fire would have been thrown 1 square from Bref and the second as far from him as we can get it so that he only takes moderate splash damage.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Well one is oil and the other alchemists fire, does alchemist fire burn for an extra round? Then the oil would have been targeted at Bref, also I think the alchemists fire will be thrown next round so maybe Bref can use escape artist first.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

EA 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Goblin safe now! Bref scampers out of the swarm and entangling nasty mess. moving another 30 feet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

As Edmin sweeps down to carry her off

Cуровую looks lovingly at the long haired gallant, determined and muscular hero that just absconded her gracefully despite the chaos around them, and lovingly strokes his supple back.

Whispers

'My thanks Snowmantle.'

She glances at Edmin, 'I guess you as well Sir Knight.'


We're getting actions a little scrambled, gang -- let me finish the round before moving on to the next one. (But I'm going to bed right now, so I'll do that in the morning.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

i thought were were done, sorry


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"My thanks to you Lady Cуровую. With out your magic to summon this magnificent steed, I would have surely been killed. The least I can do is extend a helping hand to spare you that fate also."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

That is one problem with all the chit chat in the IC thread, I get lost as to who is up and who has acted. Not to say that I am not responsible at times. We really need to keep the IC and the OOC separate.


Okay, let's complete Round 10.

Grumblejack - Standing at the top of the slope at 780.
Bref - Tried to skip down slope, caught in magical web/spiders trap at 805.
Dren - Cast CLW on Grumblejack. Congratulations! Not only is he restored to normal movement, but he's no longer automatically going to attack you once the party is out of danger. You then moved carefully down the slope to 800, so that's your round.
Jax - You moved to 785 and took the oil from the Judge. You didn't have an action left to throw it, so you're standing there holding the oil.
Zimu - You're on Edmin's horse at 790.
Edmin - You jumped the spikes, picked up Zimu, and started down the slope. You're at 790.
Judge - standing beside Grumblejack at the top of the slope, at 780. Grumblejack is no longer carrying you.

The boulder was at 660, moving at 60'. It gains 10' of speed every round it's not at top speed, but then it runs over the two draugr

CRUNCH CRUNCH

and, a few moments later, a pony

CRUNCH

losing 5' for each undead and 10' for the pony for a total of 20'. So, it's now at 710, moving at 50'.

That ends Round 10. We now begin Round 11.


The pony-summoning tactic, while disgusting, has been undeniably effective; each pony has slowed the boulder 10', so you've gained something like 80' altogether. In fact, you've slowed the boulder so much that you now have a whole round of breathing room; nobody will get crushed next round even if you don't manage to progress. Of course, you don't know what lies ahead...


Bref, escaping from this is a FRA, not a standard action. However, since you rolled a nat 20, I'll rule that you manage to dexterously avoid taking any further damage from the spiders somehow. So, you're standing free at 820 -- ta da! -- and you have completed your action for this round (Round 11).

Edmin, you need to make a Fort save for Ragnar the dog -- he ran across the spikes after you.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

From above!

EA 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Goblin safe now! Bref scampers out of the swarm and entangling nasty mess. moving another 30 feet


Right, I saw that. See what I just wrote.


Init +4; Senses: low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, scent; Perception +6, AC:32, HP:110/110; SR:10; Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +5; DR 5/good

Fort SV: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge turns and looks up to Grumblejack.
Any chance I can get a ride again now that your feet look better? That way I can call one more pony to feed to our friendly boulder. . . And for you, a side of beef and a keg of ale will be called for when we finish this.

Perform(bad comedy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The Judge then, hopefully, is grabbed by Grumblejack
Concentration(if necessary): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The Judge then begins summoning yet another smoking hot pony for a date with the boulder of doom.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

DMDM looks like our posts passed in the ether!

Standing in the spider swarm and entangling vines Bref dances a goblin jig. Dance 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10

Throw fire!


Grumblejack looks thoughtfully at Dren. 1d20 ⇒ 3

"Yeah, thanks."


The ogre grabs the Judge. "Sure, right. Huh. Let's get out of this stupid place."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren looks back at the Ogre and states in a matter of fact tone, You are part of this team, all of us must survive this test or those that survive could suffer a fate that would make that boulder seem...attractive.

Round 11, Dren waits until Jax throws his oil, he then throws the Alchemists fire and then jogs through. Throw and then move up 30'

He then looks down at the unknown potion in his hand, Zimu, can you determine if the vial you are carrying is the magic potion or the poison since you have a ride?


Quote:


Round 11, Dren waits until Jax throws his oil, he then throws the Alchemists fire and then jogs through. Throw and then move up 30'

Okay. Jax already said he would throw the oil over the web, so that's his standard for this turn. Now you need to roll for throwing the alchemist's fire. (Basically, anything but a nat 1 will do it.) Once it catches, we can see about people moving through.

Quote:


He then looks down at the unknown potion in his hand, Zimu, can you determine if the vial you are carrying is the magic potion or the poison since you have a ride?

She's within range. She would have to make a Concentration check for casting on horseback.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Throw AF 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage 1d6 ⇒ 5


PHWOOMPH

The oil-soaked webs catch fire immediately. The blaze spreads with nearly explosive speed. Frantic spiders try to scuttle away in all directions but are consumed.

Those standing near the flames (Bref on one side, Dren on the other) lean backwards, shielding their faces from the blast of light and heat. If you're not actually in the web squares, you don't take damage. You're dazzled (-1 to hit) by the light for one round, but that's only an issue if you need to hit something, which you probably won't.


The good news: the webs and the spider swarm are consumed, and the way forward is now clear.

The less good news: the 20' stretch formerly occupied by the webs is now a brightly burning mass of flames. If you move through it at any speed, you will take 2d4 of damage, halved on a DC 15 Reflex save. Some of you (like Jax) have some fire resistance, and so can probably ignore this.

The flames will burn fast and then die out as the webs are consumed; if you're willing to wait for a single round, you can pass without harm.

Edmin and Zimu, it will require a DC 20 Ride check to get the horse through the flames.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin spurs the horse forward, careful of the slope.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Already beaten, battered and bruised, Tohram looks to Grumblejack and then back at the boulder.

Better a little singed than a lot crushed. Lets go.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren moves through with his move action...

Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 x.5=2 points

3,951 to 4,000 of 12,164 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.