GM Raltus' - Slaying Giants

Game Master Raltus

Maps l Hand outs l Lootz


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,051 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

The Beast IS affected by Lanneths mind magic.

The Hydra Bites out at all those within reach after Dain's Arrow goes Wide.

William
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Yorikata

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Yorikata gets bit despite the fuzziness in the Hydra's head

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Scourge of Ghost Light Marsh - rd 2 - Conditions water is 4 squares of movement
Party
Magical Beast (-15)
Lanneth <---


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth Starts Laughing madly at the creature as it continues to miss.
Not the king of the marsh now are you? she calls between her laughs.
Move action Cackle to keep misfortune going for another round.

I bet it will be even worse if you fall asleep while to the others can get into flanking position! Night Fairies, bring the beast down!

Slumber Hex Will 17 to resist or sleep for 5 rounds.


WIll Save: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
WIll save: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

It will still take the 3 rounds to get there but lets hope it works.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Yorikata presses on through the bog that is sucking her feet in, until she faces the sleepy monster toe to whatever that oversized appendage of the hydra is called.
30ft nomement=6squares. Double move = 12/4 = 3. Speed of swimming is also 1/4th of movement, so no difference if the water is too deep to walk. And I'm only two squares away.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

CDG: 3d12 + 21 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5, 11) + 21 + 9 = 48


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth will continue to cackle every round to keep misfortune up on the Hydra even when it is asleep. She also draws out her bow but waits until the others wake up the hydra ready to shoot if she needs to.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Just in case the hydra rolls a 20 on the fort save. Delay until after William's CDG
Stab: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 181d4 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1, 2, 6) = 17
Stab: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 211d4 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (5, 3, 2) = 18


The Party is able to slay the Hydra thanks to Lanneth's Witchy Ways, the heat continues to become oppressive in the swamp. Small bugs and other "things?" begin to move about the party.

Survival Checks please


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

William retrieves his shield and spear. He searches the beast and the island for anything of value.

perception= 20+4

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth joins the searching for anything of value.
Good thing there was only one of those Hydras. Multiple would have been a problem.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Dain is able to find the way again towards the next marker stone, it is approaching noon by the time you arrive. As you make your way further north you find some bridges the span the smaller of the streams and bogs allowing you to move a bit quicker before you have to slog through the swamp again.

After a while the path starts to curve to the North West, eventually you come to an area that looks like a fairly recent battle took place, some scraps of armor and weapons lay around....


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Hmm..Be wary of undead.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Yorikata takes a look around.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

What kind of weapons? Orc stuff? What does it tell about the combatants? Any bodies around?


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Or something that ate those boys.

Lanneth also looks around.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

perception, aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Make an appraise roll and a Survival roll please

As the group starts poking around you find the Remanent of what look like 2 different parties having been here around the same time. All the Equipment is sized for people around your size and shape but is in disrepair from being submerged in the swamp for so long. Spears and shield, long swords and bits of broken armor. Despite all the decomposing equipment there seem to be no bodies present, you could venture further into the deep water to check but poking around in the waist deep water provides no bodies.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Appraise untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Lanneth is too busy looking at the equipment to think much about what is going on around her...


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain looks around

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Dain is eventually able to find some tracks leading a bit further north but around the water this time, the boots are deep into the bog almost similar to Dain's foot prints


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

"It appears that we may be following the prints of the victors."
survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

We got tracks here going north and around the water.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

"These look like your footprints, Dain. You been here before?"


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

I am not going in circles if that is what you are implying.


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

What would dwarves or dwarf kin, be doing in this marsh?


Dain follows the tracks around the large swamp lake to the north, the way is slow going even with what looks like a trail. Eventually you can see a hut in the distance, smoke rises from a fire or what could be assumed as a fire in this overly moist place.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

A house here? Someone wants company even less then me....

So who wants to take the lead on talking to whoever this is?


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

I guess that is Lanneth's wheelhouse


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

If Lanneth is talking you have a problem... I've got the whole -1 to diplomacy but if you want.

Lanneth calls out as the get near the house.
Children! Come out of the house, we want to talk to you!


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

"Do you smell children, Lanneth?" William says with a smile.


William can hear what sounds like someone talking, at first it is in common but then switches to another more gruff language. "I have to find ris, càite am faodadh e a bhith?" A huddled figure can be seen just around the fire.


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Raltus, do I hear and recognize the language? I speak: Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Orc and Sylvan


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14
William of Firstwall wrote:
"Do you smell children, Lanneth?" William says with a smile.

"To Lanneth, everyone who isn't like a thousand years old are children." Yorikata comments with a smirk.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

William reaches into his pocket and produces the bone of a chicken leg he scarfed from the galley. "Just in case."


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"What case?" Yorikata inquires befuddelt.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

"It was your suggestion that I took to heart. You said she is old and cannot see well and to use a chicken bone as my finger to convince her I am not plump enough to eat." He puts the bone back in his pocket just in case.


Healed Today:
Y
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (EP, M), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth shakes her head fondly and holds out her arm.
Come help the old lady to get the house dear.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

William takes her arm as they approach the figure huddled by the fire.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"How about we just try to keep her properly fed and she might refrain from eating any of us." Yorikata suggests. "Now that we talk about eating, I'm hungry."


You do not Lanneth

As Dain get's closer he hears words that he knows.

Dain:

She is Speaking Dwarven

"Umlo I have to Find Umlo, Thug na cailleachan uaine sin leis" The Dwarven woman says again.

Are you being quiet or just walking up Loudly?


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Quiet

Dain speaks quietly. She is saying something about finding Ulmo.


I assume Dain would tell you that she is speaking Dwarven

After watching for a while as the woman moves about her camp you start to get the feeling that something is wrong, her hair is unkempt, clothes are caked in mud and other things. The way she switches between common and Dwarven is not normal nor are her mannerisms from what Dain can tell.


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP50/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

There is a problem here, she is being erratic I believe. Perhaps her mind is addled.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"Something that can be fixed with hiting her one the head?" Yorikata inquires.


The Dwarven woman looks out over the large body of water, then moves back to whatever she has on the fire.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 45/45| AC 24/12/23| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 1/6

"Yorikata is a young, charismatic female. She probably looks like the least threatening of us. I believe she should approach the woman first. But does she speak dwarven. Maybe Dain and Yorikata."


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14, F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"Sorry, that dwarven makes my tongue hurt. I never managed to get a sentence out that any dwarf understood." Yorikata replies.

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,051 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slaying Giants All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.