DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,001 to 3,050 of 5,818 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

OH! POST 3000 YOU GLORIOUS WHORESONS AND BASTAGES!

Cats takes a seat and puts his feet up on a table or divan or duvet or whatever is around, making himself comfortable while Brother explains. He looks hopefully that Fearless will find some snacks and begin to dole out treats.

"Catting lady was pretty weird. Seemed pretty confident of herself...had the whole place catted out with spikes and traps. I think Mariner over there stepped on every single one of them himself in hopes it would improve his appearance," Cats says lounging, rather than rocking, in his chair.

"We keep coming back to the name 'Miss Lynn' or something like cat. Keeps coming up over and over again. What about her? Do you know anything about her?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"So first off the 'Holy Symbol' that Shapeshifter is referring to looked like this." Fearless pulls up his shirt to show the tramp stamp on his back. "Second, the leader of this Angst seems to be a woman named Melisenn. Supposedly she is a trader in the High Market. But I keep having vivid dreams about her and two other guys." he says as he shakes his head.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing Fearless starting to search for snacks amongst the Sleepless Agencies drawers, Brother Butterfly can't exactly see the problem in such a move. Snacks do sound good right about now.

Too bad he has a woman to impress and some progress to make on their relationship. Hopefully , though, Fearless finds something good - like some lemon pastries and gets a chance to share.

Yes Fearless makes a most extraordinary example of the what is trying to infest this city. This symbol and Melisenn are at the center of this virus.
Thankfully, We - The Watchmen - are the cure.
We just need help and some expert information that adept sleuths of your reputation should have.

He pauses, because dramatic pauses always carry more weight. Hopefully she picked upon the fact that I complimented her and her agents.

So, in the cave that you directed us too, we found some living plants, wolves that were more fungal and breathed spores. But all these were cultivated by some red haired alchemist or druid. She said she expected that the town might eventually investigate - and she had elaborate defenses - plus impressive magical skill.
We had to kill her as she would not listen to calls for surrender or reason.
After we defeated her and her minions, we found the note and a few of her potions and Muscdaria mushrooms.

Again giving emphasis on the name of that last part. Giving the dramatic pause to see if she knows what they are and/or their value.


Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 4

Cesadia listens to the Watchmen’s report. When Fearless begins searching her office for evidence of snacks, she has Allard step out to arrange refreshments. When he returns with a set of tea, coffee, and sugar biscuits, Cesadia gets down to business.

”I am not a religious or natural scholar, but I have maintained a few experts in my staff. Allard, what do you make of that drawing, the tattoo, and the mushrooms?”

The swarthy man considers Brother Butterfly’s drawing and the tattoo on Fearless. ”Both look like symbols of the Great Old Ones or Elder Gods, which might explain the mushrooms. Some of these “gods” are obsessed with plants and fungus. The drawing represents some nameless being of destruction. The tattoo seems to be a version of the Yellow Sign, an evil symbol associated with Hastur.”
”So we have confirmation of a cult?” Cesadia asks.
”Perhaps more than one.” Allard replies, dabbing at some powdered sugar clinging to his mustache.
Cesadia nods and turns to gaze at Brother Butterfly over the rim of a steaming cup of coffee. ”I assume you found no evidence of captives or corpses, so we still have no explanation for the missing people of Thrushmoor, but I may be able to shed some light on a mystery you have encountered.”

”As you know, like the rest of the council of Thrushmoor, Count Lowls has not been seen in town for weeks. One of his assistants now oversees his estate of Iris Hill - an assistant by the name of Melisenn Kororo.”

@Fearless: regarding the memory you recalled at the grotto. You quoted the whole thing during the combat, but I wasn’t sure that you intended to recite the thing word for word. Can you confirm what you told the other players?

@Butterfly: I cant quite figure out your personal angle on Cesadia. Are you are trying make a pass at her or just impress her? Either way, give me a diplomacy check.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Probably shouldn't have been word for word, but I was trying to convey it as an active vision of sorts. Since Fearless was awake and active for this one, I took it as his eyes rolled back like some sort of trance as he mimicked the voices as the vision was happening sort of thing.

"Hmmm....We had gathered as much from around town." Fearless thinks for a moment. "Does the Star Seen and Inmost Blot mean anything to you as well? What about the Great Old One, Xhamen-Dor?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

@GM - I am leaning more on impressing her. BB is misguided and under the impression that he's a stud. He thinks that Cesadia is actually into him, but hiding and playing the "subtle" game of courtship. Since it's a big group setting and a professional atmosphere he won't hit on her with one liners... but that might change in the future! He has a large sense of self and thinks that most women should be enamored with him. Here is a woman of self-confidence and position and power, so let the courtship game commence...... with looks and innuendo.

cesadia wrote:
but I may be able to shed some light on a mystery you have encountered.

well, I like the light you are casting. Knowing who our quarry is, and where they are, makes our job of defeating Melisenn Kororo much easier.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats eats some sugar biscuits, then a few more, dripping powered sugar down his front side. He licks it off with his tongue.

"Yeah, we've been hearing a lot about Hastur too. In the asylum. Catterman. Dreams. Visions. Something cat is happening here," Cats agrees with Brother and Fearless.

Cats leans forward when he learns that Melisenn works for Lowls.

"I cat that's the problem right here. Melisenn. Maybe we need to check her out."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Hmmm... Cats, you have a good strategy. That is smart, BUT......
Let's go investigate the police or the TownGuard first. Let's try and find out if Melisenn has them in her pocket. While we can't remember our pasts, WeJust from everything we've heard the last two days --we know that Count Lowls held them (the guards/councel) in his hands. We don't want to go to Iris Hill and get "in trouble for Tress-pass-ing" because we didn't anticipate her having help from the Locals.

Taking a sugar treat before Fearless and Cats eats them all.... thank goodness Pinkie and Mariner aren't jumping on the snacks like a ball in a scrum pile.
Brother starts to rethink his action, because he really doesn't like the powder just floating and flaking. That's a mess , and a hard one to clean if it gets on his clothes. Then he sees Cat's lick himself , and
says uggh..

He puts the treat back on the plate. Pouring a coffee instead.

We need to see the disenfranchised book merchant first. See the town guard. Go shopping. That's my course of actions.


The Mariner sits in the corner through the crumpets and pleasantries. If anyone bothered to look over they would see that he was hunched over in a painful whimper. Both his boots off with one leg crossed over the other,and a wooden hilt of a dagger across his wisdom teeth. Every pluck of an urchin thorn gotten from the sea cave made the whimper sound even more tearful and pathetic.

When he finally finishes the drool fest, he rewards himself with the last cat licked cookie and a straight swig of tea from the spout. "Yeah sure, let's go get hurt some more."


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats claps his hands, rising from his chair.

"Well, if there is nothing else, maybe we should go get some food and relax a cat," Cats says still hungry even after finishing most of the cookies. "Maybe after we go visit the merchant."

Cats is ready to go.


”What is this about a book merchant? Do you mean Darion Leeth, previous owner of The Booklayer? Count Lowls ruined him with unpaid debts and he left Thrushmoor for Rosenport months ago.”

”As for how to proceed, Brother Butterfly suggests a wise course of action.” She offers the priest a rare smile. ”All signs point to Iris Hill, but you should investigate the missing Magistrate and the town guard. Fort Hailcourse is home to both. Previous attempts to approach the Fort have been ignored, so you may need to be... persistent.”

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Well, The Watchmen will be heading to Rosenport once we have vanquished the evil "Innermost Blot" and safeguarded the population.
I would hope that The Sleepless Agency has the inside information on exactly where Darion Leeth is in the city. Count Lowls extorted a few books from him, and we need to know which ones they were or what their contents were.

He then straightens up from his seat. Walks towards the door, turns around with that cocky smile of his. Ushering The Watchmen to exit the room.
Lady Cesadia, we are about to go save this town. You care to wish me some luck?

He obviously waits for her reply, but in most casesof what I think she will say: reply, he says back:
Yeah, but I know the REAL answer. And he exits the room with his brethren in tow.

How injured is Mariner. He should be full/ near full. We are headed to Fort Hailcourse.


48/57 good enough

The Mariner mutters to the task ahead as they single file out, "Nothing says 'Hero' like fighting undead with a hard-on. Let's go Butterfly, your name is taking on a new meaning.

just audible enough for Cesadia to hear


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

What time is it? Should be late...dinghys never row quickly. I think it may be time to rest before Fort Hailcourse. How far away is it?

Cats, already standing, moves out the door.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

@Mariner -- As Outkast so eloquently composes:
Don't want to meet your daddy
Just want you in my Caddy,
Don't want to meet your mama,
Just want to take you home-a (the radio version).

@ Cats- I think it's still early. I'm all for resting as I have spent my memorized spells. But, I'm not a player that goes to sleep mid-afternoon. I'd like to hear the time from the GM. If afternoon -or even late afternoon - let's go to the Fortress.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless smiles at the nice lady ass sugar biscuits fall from his stuffed mouth. "Fwank Jouuuu" He mutters, spitting small pieces of biscuit into the air before swallowing.

Skipping to get outside and catch up he waves his hand. "Seems she didn't know s%&! about Xhamen-Dor and mainly told us what we already knew." He groans in frustration.

Fearless is also out of most daily use stuff.

Covering his eyes he looks up at the sky for the time of day as that homeless Witch. had him feeling like a worked pack of mules.


It is about 4 o’clock. I’ll assume you head to the Fort.

Built entirely of stone on one of Thrushmoor’s hills, Fort Hailcourse is the seat of the town magistrate and houses a small garrison to protect the town.

The main area of Fort Hailcourse is 20 feet high, with the five round towers and the donjon reaching a height of 40 feet. The arrow loops of the fort are too narrow for Medium characters to squeeze through, although a Small character might slip in if they are really dexterous. A high Escape Artist check. All other windows are fitted either with bars (on the ground foor) or with shutters that can be bolted from inside.

The only official entrance to the fort is a set of 10-foot-high double door located on the south side of the building. Tarnished brass door knockers carved into the shapes of perching birds hang on the doors, and the hatch for the spyhole remains shuttered.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats pauses well before the doors, concerned.

"What should we be expecting in there? Might they cat us? Should we have a plan?" Cats asks, making sure his bow is ready to go.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing Cat's concern on his face. Brother Butterfly mimics that feeling.
Things seem a bit strange. But, we also don't want to provoke hostility by brandishing weapons.
Keep them at the ready but get out your shields to defend ourselves from arrows.

He looks at the doors - trying to gauge the thickness- to see if his Goddess's gift of door sight.
If he determines that it'll probably work He approaches to cast his spell.

Plans need to be made with information. So, I'll try to get us information. If I nod my head, someone use the brass door knockers that look like birds.

Approach carefully. Use Doorsight to view the sentries beyond the door.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats nods at Brotherfly and attempts to mimic the intentions that Brother expressed.

Cats keeps an eye out and lets Brother work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Brother Butterfly and his doors. Except balder

As Brother Butterfly sneaks off Fearless quietly sneaks away and looks up at one of the arrow slits with curiosity.

"F$$! it." He mutters to himself and quietly clambers up into the slit. He keeps his body in the dark recesses so as not to be seen and takes a look around.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner doesn't draw any weapons although easily visible that he's armed to the teeth and geared for war. As they step up the the gates, he sighs at Brother's again overprecaution. Not at the wisdom of such things but the priest's killing of any thrill. Where the fun in storming the castle?

As Fearless slips away and Pinkie no where visible, there was a very familiar feeling about the whole thing.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Bald and beautiful!


The thick double doors are made of reinforced wood and seem bolted shut from inside, but they cannot prevent Brother Butterfly’s Desna-blessed sight from looking through them. Beyond them the fort’s modest lobby contains only a long bench for visitors, a small, two-wheeled cart, and an attractive standing mirror.

There are also two men in studded leather, armed with swords and bows, waiting just beside the arrow loops. Both are pale and bear obvious wounds that have stained their clothes with old dried blood.

Knowledge Religion DC 17:
These guards appear to be a kind of undead juju zombie - an animated corpse of a creature, created to serve as an undead minion, that retains the skills and abilities it possessed in life.

Meanwhile, Fearless looks for other ways inside...

I have updated the map with Fort Hailcourse.
@Fearless: Let me know which arrow loop you are making for.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Brother's eye's pop out of his skull (figuratively, the real thing will happen later when he gets bashed in combat) as he see the obviously dead and re-animated soldiers on the opposite side of the reinforced door.
His left arm springs up and gives the curled fingers that give the obvious sign for "danger". Then he puts a flat hand up to indicate that his companions should hold back.
Still keeping a hand on the door and maintaining the sight of the room beyond, he mimes the outline of the double door and puts an X across it.

Lastly, he puts two fingers together in the sign language shape of the letter U.
All this, while keeping quiet and trying to see up towards the roof and down at the floor.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats readies for trouble, trusting Pinkie and Mariner to hold the front line while he peppers foes with arrows.

"Urchins? There are urchins in there!? I don't have any gruel with me," Cats responds to Brother as he understands perfectly. "I didn't realize this place was a catphanage."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Placed character on arrow slit. Will post once I know what is in there.


Fearless pulls himself up to a nearby arrow loop and peers inside the fort. The room inside is cast in shadows, the only light coming from the glow of the afternoon sun through the narrow opening Fearless hangs from. He can see the edge of a large dining table and some chairs, but something lurks in the darkness. He catches a glimpse of green scales as forms move, their silhouettes inhuman.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless attempts to understand what the green scales could be before he slips down from his perch.

Any Knowledge check I might make or probably didn't see enough of the creature to tell.

Whatever it is it can probably smell me. Need to find another way in.

With a soft fall Fearless scurries around the keep and finds another arrow slit. Grabbing hold he pulls himself up once again.

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17
Escape Artist; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21
Perception; Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20


Fearless pulls himself up to another spot around the east side of the Fort. Here he finds a narrow stained glass window instead of an arrow loop. It is protected by bars too small for him to attempt wriggling through. Looking through them is difficult, and he can only just see the vaguest outline of a dark circular room set with benches.

Suddenly a green frog-like face emerges from the dark and moves close to the glass!

Fearless ducks and flattens himself against the wall below, avoiding its gaze, and a moment later the creature withdraws.

Knowledge Local DC 12:

This is an aquatic monstrous humanoid called Skum.

Skum are the most prolific and successful of the countless races created by the aboleths to serve as slaves. At the height of the aboleth empire, skum were legion and their armies waged many wars upon the land, yet now that the aboleths are in decline, skum have been set loose to manage on their own.

For the most part, the skum have been less than successful at this endeavor, and today they exist in a shadow of their previous multitude, most of them dwelling deep underground in slowly crumbling ruins left standing only because their enemies have lost interest in pursuing the now-won war against these fish-like humanoids. Skum have even lost their own name—only the most erudite and wise of their kind remember that they were once known as the ulat-kini. Today, most identify themselves with the racial epithet applied to them by surface-dwellers—"skum."

If knowledge roll is 17+:

Special defense: cold resistance

Additional knowledge: Skum do not age, and barring death by violence or disease, they can live forever. Unfortunately, this near immortality is crippled by the fact that skum are incapable of reproducing among themselves, for all skum are male. The aboleths did not want their slave race to prosper without their permission. Yet terribly, this does not mean that skum cannot breed. Originally created from human stock, skum can impregnate humans, and the children issued from such unholy unions are invariably deformed. Those who are not born skum undergo gradual transformations throughout their lives, and when they would normally die of old age, such hybrids instead go through "the change," shedding their wrinkled flesh and transforming into one of the ulat-kini. While most skum tribes lack the drive to perpetuate their race and would prefer to languish in their hideous sunken ruins, tribes settling offshore of remotely populated coastlines seem to be on the rise. Some such communities raid villages for breeding stock, but a few more insidious tribes form alliances with these desperate folk, providing protection and bounty from the sea in return for wives.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Fearless' broken mind recalls a plethora of information on Skum. He must have been fascinated with Aboleths and read numerous books during his period on non-remembrance.

As the creature withdraws Fearless falls back into the mud.

*Plop*

Small flecks fly into the air as he mutters to himself. His heart beating a mile a minute. "The f~!~ are Skum doing in the town?" Standing up he wipes himself off, spreading the mud further as he gets a thought.

This might actually hide my scent bit."

Using his cloak he spreads the mud all over his body, making sure to keep his hands and feet clean to still climb with as he moves on to the next window.

Fearless is just going to Take 10 on all 3 again at each window. Don't mean to hold everyone up.

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17
Escape Artist; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21
Perception; Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20


The next window is regular glass, but also barred. The room beyond is dark like the others, though Fearless can just make out a couple reinforced wooden cabinets and a stairway leading up to the Fort’s tallest tower.


"Fearless" wrote:
Don't mean to hold everyone up.

I think that was cool.

The Mariner has no idea what Brother is gesturing with his hand. What the hell is that?... Size of his manhood? A tiny rat on the other side? The door's thickness? Squeezing something? Pinch him?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"Fearless" wrote:
"The f~*$ are scum doing in the town?"

Cats seems immediately annoyed by Fearless' announcement.

"You don't have to cattlespotting call us that. We're not sure what we did and are trying to make up for it. For cat's sake, Fearless. Just be nice," Cats snarls angrily at the name calling.

He's trying to atone for his actions.

"Do the urchins need help?" Cats says, trying to change the topic.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

@ Fearless. You are doing great. keep it up. You aren't holding me up. it's not like BB is going to use Diplomacy on undead or Scum.

Feeling like the IQ points that separate him from his companions go over 100, Brother Butterfly thinks for half a second on whether the things on the other side of the door would like to be HIS allies instead of the lot he has to endure.
Then the cold realization that the Undead probably DO want his perfectly domed brain - and not for leadership!

Frustratedly, he breaks his connection to the door, and retreats back to the group (sans Fearless).
NO. There aren't URCHINS in there. on the other side of the door is the walking dead. Two of them, in guards uniforms. I was giving you the sign of U-N- D-E-A-D. U (He puts up his index and middle finger side by side) is a handsign for Undead. Get it?

Looking at the ramparts
The town guard have been killed and replaced. This Fort is overrun by enemies. any thought on infiltrating via the Rampart or walls? The doors are reinforced and barred. Not a good idea to enter there. Unless we can buy a magic scroll of unlocking from the market and return at night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats looks at Brother as if he can't believe this s+&+. Then he looks at Pinkie and Mariner and Fearless, still in disbelief.

"That's undead!? That's not undead. *THIS* is how you catmonstrate the undead," Cats says, demonstrating with a more correct example.

Cats gives the 'I can't believe this guy' thumb gesture to Brother, looking again at everyone else.

"I cat you all, which is a better 'it's undead' gesture?" Cats looks for responses.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless is on the complete opposite end of the Keep.

Fearless rubs his hand on the stained glass to see inside a little better but it is just too dark so he moves to the next window.

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17
Escape Artist; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21
Perception; Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20


Fearless continues circling the fort, finding another arrow loop on the northern side that looks in upon an unremarkable hallway. He tries to slip through the arrow loops, but fails.

21 escape artist fails to get through.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Better not try that one again. Fearless thinks to himself as he continues to circle the Fort's arrow slits.

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17
Escape Artist; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21
Perception; Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20


I’ll assume Fearless continues all the way around.

Moving quietly from arrow loop to barred window to arrow loop, Fearless circles the fort. Every room and passage he looks in on is dark, but he manages to make out a barracks with bunks and footlockers, and a hallway between towers, then comes to an arrow loop on the southwest side of the structure that is occupied by a pale man keeping watch from within. Luckily Fearless is more stealthy then the man is perceptive and so avoids being spotted as he slips along the wall.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception
Cats wrote:
"I cat you all, which is a better 'it's undead' gesture?" Cats looks for responses.

He breathes in. He exhales. Then he determines that he needs to inhale again and exhale to maintain his calm. He doesn’t like talking in anger. Anger is never a good component in the communication process. Now Condesention. That’s a verbal skill he can wield.

You are getting off on a tangent. I think it’s important to actually focus our attention on the core problem. There are UNDEAD inside the fortress. Not only undead, but a humanoid race called S-K-U-M. As a group, we need to have a plan of action that doesn’t suggest bashing through a barred and iron bounded door.

He says what he should, but now rambles onward and says what he shouldn’t.
But since Kast has a one-cat-mind, and is fixated on Urchins vs Undead – and wants to make a vote of it. I must admit that his symbol for undead is much better than mine. But please keep in mind that *Your* method requires two hands and arms. While at the door – in order to see on the other side – I NEED one of my hands in a flat palm against the door. I also need my concentration to be on seeing the other room.
He then lifts his arm, curls his fingers and shows everyone the sign language he did before. But this time, he only shows and extends the middle/ tallest finger.
THIS is the best I could do with only one free hand.
Knowing he went a bit too far, he quickly extends him index finger so the symbol shows the sign language letter of “U” and not the sign symbol for “The Bird”.

So now that you know my reasoning – what plans do we have? And please whisper them so we don’t have a full on attack from archers and arrows.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

"Uh, we should wait for Fearless to get back," Cats replies.

Also, we should get some post from Pinkie and Mariner. I'm going to dial *way* back until they engage again.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless circles around back to the front of the Keep and updates the group on what he saw. "Brother Butterfly has a good gist of it. There are a few Skum as well as a pale man keeping watch on the western side."

He flings mud from his clothes with each exaggerated wave of his hands. "Damn Skum were this big I tell you. Came right up to the window and nearly swallowed me whole if not for my quick and nimble feet."

Seeing noone is impressed he continues on. "Though that is just this floor. If Melisenn is in there she has to be upstairs."


The Mariner fixates on the murder holes and parapets while the undead urchin debate continues. If I were on the inside listening to this, I wouldn't give a s+%$ either.

Then looking around, "Holy Desna!", he jumps when Fearless suddenly reappears next to him, looking like an undead urchin, sighing once realized it's him. "What's the plan Brother. The fact that they haven't shot at us as we are at their steps seems strange - not that I want to get plucked with arrows. Is there a sentry actually looking out or they simply couldn't care less? If that's so...", corroborating with Fearless's reconnoiter, "...we can try scaling the walls over there where it's not being watched." The mariner holds up a grappling hook and sturdy rope pointing to the east.

Kn Engineering to find the best point: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Alright Mariner, Let's get the grapple out and let us get climbing. It's important for us to get to the bottom of this an see if there's any town guard still alive and inside.

When it's appropriate he chugs his potion of spider climbing and makes his acscent. (the spell description indicates that I don't have to make skill checks. My current climb is -6 due to weight).

Move BB to where Mariner sets up for grapple.


The second story of the fort is mostly exposed battlements, though the five circular towers and the one rectangular donjon (above area D10) extend about 20 feet above them. Engineering doesn’t reveal any particular place that is better then any other, however, in the time that you have spent waiting for Fearless to scout the windows you have noticed movement and the glimpse of metal helmets in the towers, as if guards still stand watch up there.


  What is the DC for throwing the grappling hook? How high is the climb?


Throwing a grappling hook requires a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. Objects with ample places to catch the hook (like this) are AC 5. The battlements are 20 feet high. The towers and donjon are 40. A rope with a wall to brace against is a DC 5 skill check.


"Alright, siege it is. But hold off with that spell Brother. With all these eyes looking down, maybe we need a distraction - or wait til nightfall...What say ye?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Yeah, let's back up, and get some rest to refresh our minds. Come back here this evening.
It doesn't make sense to try to assault ramparts with the sentries knowing we are here and want in.

With everyone's approval, we should head back to the Inn and sleep - but wake up slightly after midnight and take on the Fort.

3,001 to 3,050 of 5,818 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.