DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,101 to 3,150 of 5,797 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats waits to see what happens with Fearless, offering a boost when necessary.

"Do you want us to grease you up, Fearlerss? Nothing better than chasing a greased halfling. I hear it's big sport in Cattiax."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Escape to Aid

Also have soap...with a bit of Brother's created water we should soap the halfling up good.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB will use up to 4 Luck spells to get Fearless in the arrow slit. He will try to do this as inconspicuous as possible as he knows the sentries ARE alert. He asks others to also be as quiet as possible.
Note: Hide from Undead DC is 16. Duration 50 minutes, so we have time.
We will dispel it far before that, as it stops the moment one of us attacks.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Second Attempt (Luck reroll); Inspiration; Cats Aid: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (4) + 2 = 23
Third Attempt (Luck reroll); Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 7 + (3) = 27
Fourth Attempt (Luck reroll); Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (5) = 23
Fifth Attempt (Luck reroll); Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 7 + (4) = 31

On his last and final attempt Fearless scampers up and into the arrow loop, narrowly squeezing through.

He is tired. He is ragged and every muscle in his body hurts, but he manages to make it inside and goes to raise the beam from the door. He keeps a close eye on the undead as he makes small but precise movements, hoping not to attract attention.


Under the sightless, unblinking stare of the guard, Fearless slowly wiggles through the arrow loop. He almost gets through, then gets stuck, then with a shove from Cats, that nearly dislocates his arm, he finally pops through, landing somewhat unceremoniously at the guard’s feet, his face inches from a bloody boot.

At first he thinks himself safe, but past the first guard, the second turns and looks back, and unlike the first his eyes lock onto Fearless.

”What... is.. this..” It speaks with a voice like dry parchment dragged across leather.
The first guard looks at the second and then around the room. ”What... is.. what...?”

Rolls:

Will save vs invis to undead: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

INITIATIVE
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Guard: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

INITIATIVE
Fearless

Guard


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless slowly moves around the undead that can't see him as he locks eyes with the one that can't. He gives a weak smile as he continues to concentrate on his breathing and lifts the beam blocking the door. to let the others inside.


The Mariner waits anxiously, listening and feeling the gate for a sign that it is unbarred.


Fearless slips behind the invisibility-challenged guard and grabs the bar on the door before the other guard can react. With a yank the barrier on the doors comes free.

”The door.. Behind you!”
The challenged guard spins, an almost comical look on its pale face as it sees the doors unlocked, but still doesn’t see the halfling that did it.
”Draw.. your.. blade!” The guard drops its bow and pulls a gleaming longsword and slashes down hard at Fearless.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

The blade cuts deep across his back, spraying blood across the floor.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (11/34)
Cats
Pinkie
Mariner
Butterfly

Guards


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Are the doors open or just unlocked?

Cats delays for the doors to be opened to shoot some arrows.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

contingent on the doors being open.

Brother sees the pool of blood on the floor, and assumes that even if one of the urchin guards couldn't see the invisible Fearless... that the pool of crimson would give away his location. He moves in, with a mace in one hand to attack- if opportunity presents itself. In the other hand, he has his Wand of Cure Light Wounds, and focuses it to help Fearless.

Eldersage
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Move BB to a spot that allows him to help flank, and be a target of attacks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner thought he heard a squish, like something small with a lot blood popping under the knife. When Brother opens the door, he locks eyes with the ghoulish cousins, then looks at the shiny sword in their hands, then looks what used to be Fearless laying in the dirt, then back to the cousins.

"...", the Mariner glares down and slowly shakes his head, "You broke our pet."

lucerne hammer,reach: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
dam: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless screams as the blade slices deep into his back. "GAAHHH!" His legs instantly go numb but stay functional. With the undead guard still blinded from him he slams into the door swinging them open wide.

Fearless holds his dagger out defensively as he tries to remain on his feet.

Total defense for +4 to AC.

If an attack looks as if it is going to strike Fearless his mind will protect himself with the immediate action Mental Barrier Spell to add +4 Shield AC for the single round.

AC is 22 with full defense and if Mental Barrier activates it will go to 26.

Status:

HP 11/34
AC 18
Spells: 1st 4/4 | 2nd 2/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 1

Cats fires twice at the lead undead urchin, though those things don’t look like urchins.

1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 21 to hit; (+PBS,-rapid)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 damage.

1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 11 to hit; (+PBS,-rapid)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fearless throws open the doors and takes up a defensive posture. Cats fires a couple arrows, but only one finds a solid target, and it does not seem to affect the guard as much as he would have expected.

The Mariner‘s hammer clangs off the guard’s sword as Brother Butterfly grabs his healing wand and waves it at Fearless, though the effect is negligible.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Displaying amazing agility, Pinkie wheels past the guards into the room and plunges Red Destiny into one’s back.

Red Destiny Flank: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (2, 6) = 12

The guards both take their swords and attack. One slashes at Fearless, the blade coming for his neck, but at the last moment it stops short, held at bay by some invisible force.

The second guard whirls on Pinkie, but the boy is too fast for the attack that passes by him.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

INITIATIVE
Fearless (13/34)
Cats
Pinkie
Mariner
Butterfly

Guards (orange -10)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Good call Fearless. Smart move on the swift action. Saved you.

Brother Butterfly is very dissatisfied with the effects of the wand. He must have done something. Maybe he cut off the the first sylible.
He focuses, starts to say the word again. Then pauses.
He taps the wand against his magic mace. Gives it a flick.

Does anyone of you know how to speak MAGIC?

He sees they are all occupied and can't respond quickly enough.
He taps Fearless and stokes the command word.
Elder-SAGE

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Brother then moves to near Fearless or he takes a 5 foot step to the right.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Oh man, Fearless. Luck of the halflings.

Round 2

Cats vaguely remember someone, probably Brother, blathering about something about slashing weapons and the undead, and how arrows just sometimes don't work.

He drops his bow, draws his elven curveblade as he moves in to strike at one of the urchins. He moves to flank if Pinkie if Brother moves...or into Fearless' spot if the halfling wisely retreats.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 to hit; +2 more if Brother moves out of the way.
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 slashing damage. +2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 more if Brother moves out of the way.

Pot crit:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 to hit; +2 more if Brother moves out of the way.
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Phew. Good timing.

Some unseen force continues to protect Fearless as the blade comes inches from his face. He stumbles back and a twin pair of orbs manifest from his thoughts alone and hurtle with great speed at the pair of undead.

5 foot step and full round cast Toppling Magic Missile. Metamagic making it a full round cast.

Red Toppling Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Toppling Trip attempt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Orange Toppling Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Toppling Trip attempt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The pair of missile split, each striking a different foe, slamming into them with increased force.

Status:

HP 22/34
AC 18
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


In the flurry of Fearless Pinkie Cat, the Mariner directs his attention on the other guard, going to end things quickly.

luc hammer, power attack, furious focus, flank, great cleave: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 19

1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Mariner, I think you wrote your attack wrong. If you are a fifth level Barbarian, then you probably have a BAB of +5. I also don't see your strength in the calculation.

It should be: 13 + 5 + 2 + strength bonus. You've hit at least AC 20 and you are cleaving. AC 18 to someone not flanked. But again, you probably have a strength bonus of +4.
Note: The power attack and Furious Focus cancel each other out.

your damage is also light . if you are power attacking, you get +4 and the strength bonus. right?


m human AC 17 Perception +12

The glazed look of anger comes over Pinkies face once the fight starts and hes squeals in pain as 2 large horns sprout from his forehead as he attacks the guards growling with rage.

"Oh my the boys got a gift from his ancestors......

Red Destiny,flank,controlled rage: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34
damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (4, 3) = 20
crit confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (5, 2) = 17
short sword,flank,controlled rage: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 = 34
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (2, 3) = 14
confirm crit: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (2, 2) = 13
horn gore,flank,controlled rage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (6, 2) = 9

horns from fiend totem


Brother: no idea wth I was doing.
GM recalc: luc hammer, furious focus, power attack, pugnacious, flank: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
dam:1d12 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

cleave: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
dam: 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother Butterfly, even with taking a 5 foot step to the right, gets a front row -standing room only - view of Pinkie eviscerating this ultra-undead.

The primal swordstrokes are one thing. A thing of combat beauty.

It's THE HORNS that he grows, which makes Jasper involuntarily puke. and when Pinkie head rams through the already dead-being, his head basically bathed in the stagnant blood of the un-corpse-- BB's sphincter spasms.

BLA-UCH As vomit rises from the well digested stomach of BB and power sprays out his mouth against the Fort wall to the right of the doors.
The smell alone makes him puke again.
B-Bl-Blu-BLUG

gm:
Horns? Is this a religion or planar roll to figure out how the hell my companion has horns in his head?
religion or planar?: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Fearless steps back and sends mental bullets at the two guards, both strike true, but dissipate upon contact, leaving them unharmed.

Drawing his curveblade, Cats rushes in and lops off the head of one guard, then Pinkie and the Mariner stab and smash the other leaving it little more than rotting pulp spread across the floor.

Brother Butterfly heals more of Fearless’ wound, but it is still an angry red mark.

For a second it seems you might be safe, but a *zzippp!* announces an arrow shot from a loop that looks down at the door from the left side tower. Everyone hears a *Thunk!* and looks over to see an arrow lodged in the Mariner’s helmet. A drop of blood runs down his temple from the shallow nick to his scalp.

Longbow vs Mariner: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d8 ⇒ 2
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Crit Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Wow. That was the most pathetic crit in history.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (22/34)
Cats
Pinkie
Mariner (67/71)
Butterfly

Archer

BB:

You are aware of rare individuals with fiendish blood in their distant past suddenly manifesting claws, teeth, horns, or other physical attributes during times of stress.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Lol@crit.

Round 3

"An catcher? Is shooting at us?! Sheesh. Rude."

Cats moves over to the east door and readies to open it when someone is ready to go through it.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


That's a Private Ryan moment

Woooh! Storming the castle!, the Mariner dashes forward with glee. He drops the polearm and gets a heavy shield then follows Cats to the western door and goes through it.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

As Pinkie falls in behind Mariner and lets his anger go the horns atop his head fade into mist leaving no trace that they were ever there.

"We are right behind ya big guy....And by we he means Me Mariner. he all for charging since its not him getting beat on"


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless sheathes his dagger and follows Mariner in. "Got lucky there big guys. Good thing you had that helmet on." Fearless taps his noggin as he draws his own crossbow.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

wiping the gunk off his lips, he sees the immediate danger of a sharpshooting archer, and moves into the entrance room. Following the group, he moves behind Pinkie.
Pinkie, what the heck was THAT? Are you influenced by the Abyssal?
Am I going to have issues with you and your moral compass? Are you going to go all "human sacrifices" on me? Lastly, why didn't you tell me you could do something like sprout demon horns. That's not something you hide for when we are in the middle of combat!

He takes the wand and gives an Eldersage command word for Fearless.
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it Butters, the Mariner says dismissively with a shrug, Everyone has had their turn. Now it's probably just the family goat coming through. 


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"The Mariner" wrote:
Everyone has had their turn. Now it's probably just family goat coming through. 

Cats chokes down a guffaw as he holds the door for Mariner to go through. He tries to keep it serious, but Mariner's comment causes him to lose a bit of his composure like Brother just lost his lunch.

"Wait a catting minute...are you saying that Pinkie's mom laid with goats!? Oh cat, oh cat then..." Cats giggles and waits for the team to move through.


As Brother Butterfly works his wand over Fearless, The Mariner ducks through the western door into a short hallway that connects one of the fort’s towers to a spacious room is fitted with bunk beds, small chests, and stools. A rancid smell lingers here along with two more pale guards.

”Intruders..” One points and they attack. Quick to react despite their undead state, one fires a longbow, then the other closes in on the Mariner with a gleaming longsword.

Rolls:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Pinkie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Guards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Longsword PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Another arrow lodges shallowly in his shoulder, but the sword cuts deep.

INITIATIVE
Guards
Cats
Brother Butterfly
Fearless (28/34)
The Mariner (50/71)
Pinkie


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 4

Not having a good way forward, Cats goes back to pick up his longbow. He sheathes his curveblade as he moves.


The Mariner staggers from the heavy blow and nearly drops his sword.

draw sword, gets shafted: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing that The Mariner is drawing lots of fire, he asks Desna's blessing to help deflect some of the blows.

And it is written, a rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it.

Cast Shield of Faith on Mariner - Grants +3 Deflection bonus. Lasts 6 minutes as I cast at one higher level.
Also, percentage chance at reclaiming spell. under 21 good: 1d100 ⇒ 79


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Rubbing his head Pinkie looks quizzically at Brother B

"I Don't know what your talking about I don't have any horns see. You must be seeing things."

acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Pinkie tries to tumble past the foe in front of Mariner but does so clumsily.

Red Destiny: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (2, 3) = 12


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless moves into the cramped room and sends a shot down the hallway to try and protect Pinkie.

+1 Hand Crossbow Aid Another Covering Fire DC 10; PBS; Precise: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

Pinkie gets +4 to AC for the round against Orange.

Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


As Cats withdraws to retrieve his bow Brother Butterfly advances to protect the Mariner with Desna’s magic.

Stumbling about with a couple arrows sticking out of him and a bloody gash bleeding on the floor the Mariner swings his sword wildly and nearly cuts Pinkie as the boy tries to run past. The bad blow gives the guard an opening to block Pinkie’s path, forcing him to withdraw after taking a slash to shoulder. Failure to acrobatics through an enemy stops movement.

AoO on Pinkie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Fearless: I redirected your covering shot to protect Mariner since Pinkie is not in a threatened position.

Fearless fires a bolt, causing the guard facing the Mariner to flinch as it readies a counterattack, causing it to miss despite a skilled attack. Close quarters causes the bowman to miss as well.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Longsword PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

From down the stairs of the tower comes another pale guard armed with a sword.

INITIATIVE
Guards
Cats
Brother Butterfly
The Mariner (67/71)
Fearless (28/34)
Pinkie (33/48)

Guards


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

As a guard comes up behind Fearless he leaps back into the entryway. "Behind you!" He reloads his crossbow and fires a shot to protect himself and Pinkie.

+1 Hand Crossbow Aid Another Covering Fire DC 10; PBS; Precise: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17

Pinkie and myself get +4 to AC for the round against Yellow.

Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire vs Yellow)
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 5

Cats moves back, stowing his bow (as part of a move action) on his back and keeps his elven blade in hand. He spots the other guard coming down the stairs but can't quite reach them to attack this round.

"Pinkie! Cat out behind you!"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BTW: I cast Shield Other on Pinkie. I am sharing his damage.
BB moves to try and help flank a guard. While moving, he prays.

Now that there are injuries amongst us all, Let Desna grant her grace, wisdom, understanding, and most importantly - her healing touch.
Channel Energy: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4) = 13
this should affect Fearless, BB, Pinkie, and Mariner.


Desna's healing washes over him like a sea breeze. The Mariner leaps at the sudden wind in his sail and drives through the guard.

rage,pa,reckless: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

threat: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie steps back to intercept the incoming foe.

Red Destiny: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Cats returns to the fort as Brother Butterfly channels powerful energy that heals all wounds.

With a mighty swing of his sword, the Mariner cuts deep into a guard. Pinkie stabs the one on the stairs, but red destiny seems to miss any vital areas in the undead creature’s anatomy. DR

Fearless fires another bolt, helping Pinkie.

Longbow PBS vs Mariner: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Longsword PA vs Mariner: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Longsword PA vs Pinkie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The guards attack with their swords, but are unable to find openings, but the archer shoots another arrow into the Mariner’s shoulder.

INITIATIVE
Guards (red -23, yellow -4)
Cats
Brother Butterfly (41/41)
The Mariner (65/71) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (34/34)
Pinkie (48/48) *Friend Shield


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless reloads his crossbow as a loose brick juts out from the wall, striking the undead near Pinkie.

Target yellow

Telekinetic Projectile; PBS; Precise; cover: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


assuming red not down

The surprise the Mariner should have felt as the deader fights on was barely a noticed emotion. He shouts an advance and continues the mayhem.

rage,pa, reckless: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

rage,pa, reckless: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 5

Cats sheathes his sword and draws his bow as he moves between Mariner and Pinkie on the map. AFK, will move when I get a chance.

Man, Cats can’t win in this fight. :) Sword or bow, they are both the wrong answer.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Sorry, crazy busy
BB moves to be next to Pinkie and supports him by strengthening his blows.
Cast Bulls Strength on Pinkie. Hopefully the extradamage helps with DR.


BB: Pinkie operates off Dex to hit and damage.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Seeing his attacks not faze the creature seems to annoy Pinkie and yoiu can hear a low grow start coming from his and as it starts he tumbles past the creature as the large horns regrow from his forehead."Catz when he turns twords me knock his damn head off"Pinkie almost growls.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Red destiny,controlled rage: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

I thought pinkie was dex for To Hit, how does he not get a benefit for damage. If that's the case, BB would instead cast Aid on Fearless. Give him added HP's and a bonus to hit.

Aid: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

That gives pinkie a 50/50 shield, Mariner is raging, so his HP's are awesome and Fearless has some added buffer.
I'm the only weakspot.


The siege of Fort Hailcourse continues...

Cats tries to choose the right weapon as Brother Butterfly calls for Desna’s aid.

The Mariner takes one guard down. Pinkie dodges past the one on the stairs and stabs down into its side while Fearless smacks it with psychic debris.

Longsword PA vs Mariner: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Longsword PA vs Pinkie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The bowman drops his bow and moves in with a blade, giving the Mariner another wound. Over on the stairs Pinkie easily evades the second guard.

INITIATIVE
Guards (yellow -12)
Cats
Brother Butterfly (41/41)
The Mariner (53/71) *Shield of faith
Fearless (34/34) *Aid
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other

3,101 to 3,150 of 5,797 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.