DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,051 to 3,100 of 5,810 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"Brother Butterfly" wrote:
With everyone's approval, we should head back to the Inn and sleep - but wake up slightly after midnight and take on the Fort.

+1 to this. Also still waiting for Pinkie before interacting.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless follows the pair. "Maybe we should just try knocking."


The Sun is nearly on the horizon as the Watchmen depart Fort Hailcourse and make their way through Thrushmoor. It is one of the busier times in the city as citizens finish up work for for the day and hurry along the streets, heading home before dusk turns to twilight.

Then, as the Watchmen approach the Silver Wagon, they notice two things.

The first stands across the square, bellowing his warnings for all to hear. The Doomsayer has returned, and across his ragged shoulders he wears a new sign that reads “Beware the Black Murals! The Second Vanishing is nigh!”

The second is a small group of people departing the Silver Wagon. Some carry lanterns and torches, a few carry clubs and work tools. As they move past the Watchmen, one of them tries to recruit Brother Butterfly.

”Hey, we found the man who’s been scaring folk with those awful markings on the city’s walls. He’s a painter working on New Chapel. You’ve been helping out around town, right? Come and help us set him straight.”
One of the other men in the group calls over. ”Hurry up! The others are already there and I don’t want to miss it when they drag his sorry arse out of town.”


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Seeing Brother Butterfly getting recruited for a good old fashioned mob Fearless approaches the Doomsayer. He looks up at the man on his perch and cups his hands. "SAY DOOMSAYER!" He waves to get the mans attention.

"Look here. I have a bit of a proposition of sorts. You seem to be a man quite good at calling out dangers in life as well as a very religious fellow. I like your style. How much do you get paid for this?" He only waits but a moment for an answer.

"Doesn't matter too much. What say I pay you for good meals each day you join up with us and travel with us. I want you to warn us of the dangers in the world real loud like so we don't miss them. The life of adventure. Not only that but you can have deep meaningful conversations with that one over there. You see. He doesn't believe in your Second Coming." Fearless stops the man from approaching Brother Butterfly. "No need to go talk with him now. He is busy. You will have all the time in the world to speak with him as we travel."

"Even better I will be able to set up you to room with him. Though he is a bit hard at hearing. See that is why I need you to be behind him while we travel and be your loudest. Just like you are now so he doesn't get hurt. He may try to sway you but don't let him." Fearless shakes his head. "Nope don't let him at all. You yell at the top of your lungs of danger and the Second Coming."

Fearless flips out a gold coin. "We good for a month?" He holds it out to the man.

Payback for your painting bald man. Fearless nearly leaps with inner glee.


LOL. Ok, give me some sort of diplomacy or bluff check. Diplomacy will be harder, but last longer then bluff.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

His head moving this way, and that. Unable to exactly comprehend the ambush Fearless has just sprung.
Who is this unbathed and crazy eyed vagrant? Huh?
He's a Doomsayer?
double Huh?

Fearless just invited him to travel with us and specifically stalk me?
TRIPLE HUH?

He is dumbfounded. Just like a military general when the enemy arrives two days earlier than scouted. He knows he's screwed, he just doesn't know how screwed he truly is.

He also has this mob to deal with. Mobs are bad. Really bad. They don't listen to reason. They listen to panic/fear/ revenge. All those are bad traits for this city. It's like a cinder is about to fling atop dry fuel.

CRAP - That painter doesn't deserve this lynchmob. He's a stand up guy.
I need to redirect them and their anger towards something else.

Mumbling a quick prayer to Desna (too bad I already converted that Calm Emotions spell....) he speaks in a booming voice.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
CERTAINLY WE WILL JOIN YOU TO RUN THIS PAINTER OUT OF TOWN! WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT THRUSHMOOR!

THAT IS WHY WE DEFEATED A WITCH JUST ON THE DOORSTEP OF THIS CITY!
THE WITCH IS DEAD, BUT WE NEED HER BODY ON A PIKE TO WARN ALL THAT WE DON'T TRUK WITH NO WITCHES!(he uses Mob Slang)

This Painter guy ain't not'in compared to a WITCH. The Watchmen will go handle him, but WE NEED YOUR HELP. We need a group of people to go to the caves and drag those bodies through town. Show EVERYONE that THE WITCH and her MONSTERS are NO MATCH for the people of THRUSHMOOR!

So who is going to PUT HER ON A PIKE?
Chant with me men!
"DOWN WITH THE WITCH- PUT HER ON A PIKE!"
"WE DON'T TRUK WITH NO WITCHES - PUT HER ON A PIKE!

needing someone to guide them - he looks at Pinkie.

Pinkie - Show this awesome group on men where the Witch is. The rest of us will see about The Painter.

He ushers the Watchmen - minus Pinkie-- toward New Chapel. When within a couple minutes, he downs the potion of Eagles Splendor. He might just have to be at top speaking skill to avert The Painter's impending death.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Fearless" wrote:


"Look here. I have a bit of a proposition of sorts. You seem to be a man quite good at calling out dangers in life as well as a very religious fellow. I like your style. How much do you get paid for this?"

Payback for your painting bald man. Fearless nearly leaps with inner glee.

brilliant!

Easily susceptible to suggestion, the Mariner looks back and forth between the persuasive diplomats.

:: KILL THE BUM :: "Yeah!" the Mariner replies.

:: KILL THE WITCH :: "Yeah!!" the Mariner replies.

:: HIRE THE BUM :: "Yeah!!!" the Mariner replies.

assist Fearless: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Gah! Diplomacy. My weakness :) Fearless is very knowledgeable but just doesn't know how to talk to people.

Diplomacy; Inspiration: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (1) = 8


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

I hope Pinkie is okay.

Cats joins in helping the rabble rousing, as is appropriate. He will give out details of the witch, where she might be found, and describe the traps that still might be there (since not sure Mariner and Pinkie managed to spring them all, though they certainly tried really hard).

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Diplomacy to assist

"Yeah, that witch has one of my arrows in it, I'll tell you cat. Probably the felling blow," Cats asserts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bolstered by the enthusiasm of the Mariner and Cats, Brother Butterfly has had much more success with the redirecting the mob and sending them with Pinkie on an evening stroll run along the shores of Lake Encarthen to the witch’s grotto.

”Show us the witch!”
”Yeah! We’ll burn her body!”
”No! Lash her with rocks and throw her back to the depths of the lake!”
”Burn her and scatter the ashes in the lake!”

Meanwhile, the doomsayer does a double take between the coin Fearless offers and Brother Butterfly.

”Are you crazy? You don’t think I remember who he is? Or who that other guy is? I won’t be distracted by your tricks! I won’t sell the fate of Thrushmoor for one gold!”

Instead of hounding the round priest, it seems the Doomsayer has decided to hound the short halfling. Ranting about madmen doing the bidding of the witch, the Doomsayer follows Fearless down the street as the mob heads off in the other direction.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing that "The Mob" has at least lost part of it's steam, BB goes to New Chapel with Cats, Fearless, Mariner, and Doomsayer in tow. There's probably a few that join them, but it seems that the prospects of burning a witch is far more sexy than evicting a painter.

He approaches the "other mob" at New Chapel. Looking for the leader. The guy or girl that wants the most pound of flesh from my painter friend -- who still wants to give The Watchmen gold for having them sit for drawings.

BB looks, clears his throat and with a potion of Eagles Splendor warming his belly, he speaks:
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Friends of Thrushmoor! The Watchmen have arrived and we will make everything right. We will investigate the Painter and restore justice and peace to Thrushmoor!

The true threat- THE WITCH- has already been discovered and killed. Her body and the monsters she had with her- are being retrieved by your friends as we speak. They are going to drag those bodies through the mainstreet. It'll be a sight you won't want to miss! A celebration feast of FREE food is at The Silver Wagon for ALL of you heroes!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

slow clap for 33 

How the hell did that happen. Alas and again, Brother wins the doppelganger versus halfling rivalry, with the double dose of wound salt as he spends more money to feed the town. The second part, the Mariner is non too thrilled about but considers it the town's share of the two thousand gold pieces of the witch's loot he was inconspicuously carrying in a dirty sack. Shrugging, he is the first one in line to grab a pitcher and mug.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Damn. How did that backfire. I thought of every route that could go. Fickle Gods must be on the Shapeshifters side like he says.

Fearless slogs down the street with the maddening Doomsayer in tow. He follows close by Brother Butterfly as the Doomsayer melds his rousing speech with BB's.

Fearless sighs and pockets his gold piece. He would have to do better plotting later. Really think things through this time.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats tries to contain his mirth as the events unfold. He claps Brother on the back, laughing as hard as he can *ever* remember (which is true since his active memory goes back about 2 weeks).

Cats continues on, eager to go sell things and rest.

"C'mon, let's keep a cat on things," Cats pushes on to the market.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heading southeast through town, the Watchmen pass by a few landmarks that have now become familiar, and in some cases, haunting. Fort Hailcourse looms upon its hill to the north, one of the Star Stelae rising upon another hill to the Fort's right. The Sleepless Agency crouches to the south where the main street breaks from the dense structures of the mainland and stretches out along a small peninsula leading to a bridge that connects to the island where New Chapel stands and Lelwyn's Studio awaits.

As you cross the bridge you can already see a crowd of townsfolk congregating in front of Lelwyn’s door. They’re shouting, calling for him to come out and fess up to the vandalism that has become pervasive
on buildings throughout Thrushmoor. Next door a few survivors of Briarstone watch from windows with wide eyes. York stands in the doorway, torn between stepping in to try and settle things and standing his post to protect the survivors from a delicate situation that could easily spread to include them.

From the foot of the bridge, back-lit by the setting sun, Brother Butterfly calls out to the mob, channeling the power of his booming voice like a preacher, actor, and huckster rolled into one mesmerizing performance. He addressees the mob, instantly capturing their attention like moths to a flame.

Even the Doomsayer is impressed into silence.

By the time Brother Butterfly is done, most of the mob has begun to disperse, many hanging their heads in shame. A few mutter fearful apologies before slipping away. Eventually the door to the building opens and Lelwyn pokes his head out.

"Thank the gods you showed up. I think this was about to turn real ugly."

Inviting the Watchmen inside, Lelwyn is quick to offer a reward for his rescue. Grabbing a worn leather bag from a chair, he presents it to Brother Butterfly.

"Please, take this. It is a magical bag of holding that contains some of my most prized paintings. You could keep them, or sell them. Just make sure they stay safe, because I'm no longer certain I can protect them."

Bag of holding type I with art worth 500gp.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Wowzers. A Bag of Holding. Nice reward. Really nice. it's party treasure. Whomever wants it./needs it can have it. BB has stuff that weighs him down - like his armor.

Lelwyn - don't you worry about the safety of your paintings or your own safety. You have The Watchmen on duty. We protect and in the morning, you will see yet another sign of how Thrushmoor is with us as it's guardians.

He hands the bag to whomever claims it. Happy with his blazing moment in the sunshine. Oh how Desna has marked him as Her Chosen. Tonight was a sign that he is back in her graces and redemption for his past life may be forgiven.
or maybe it's not forgiven, but She gave a taste of the how Glorious he can be... to keep him in line with her teachings.

No matter, he is in bliss and internally jumping for joy.
Time to shop and sleep and attack that Fort!


Seeing the lynch mob turned like undead from holy symbol, the Mariner gives Brother an impressive nod. Even he himself was enthralled by the rhapsodic. Still, he ribs the cleric a bit, "Perhaps you should try talking the archers from shooting at us while we scale the walls."


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats admires the paintings as best he can, thanking the man for his gift but knowing that as escaped asylum patients who are barely sane, the party won't have much personal use for them. They were not likely to settle down with a home anytime soon.

"Thank you, painter. I know just cat to do with these," Cats thanks.

* * *

"The Mariner" wrote:
"Perhaps you should try talking the archers from shooting at us while we scale the walls."

"Or maybe we'll just cat through the front door. Didn't you cat they were undead urchins in there, Brother?" Cats looks at Brother for confirmation.

"If so, maybe we just go in the front door. Them undead urchins aren't going to go running for help or sound the alarm, are they? Nah, they are just going to attack and be jerks, I think."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Dispersing that Mob situation was GLORIOUS. Wasn't it?
The way that our presence helped keep the peace and prevent bad things from happening?
This type of help, this type of tangible help just feels good for the soul.
People are going to remember this day, that speech, and our reputations will be uplifted.

It's really the last part that BB is focusing in on. People are going to talk. People are going to spread the gossip. And all of it's going to be about HIM. He will be the city's darling. It's local celebrity - if even for a day. That warm tingle makes him feel alive.
But really, it's just the monster of pride growing. That monster that probably was the cause of his prior disconnect with Desna.

Hearing Cats and Mariner talk about The Fort, he takes a pause from his internal revelry to answer their questions.

BUT FIRST:
to the Doomsayer -- Your presence here is concluded. Tell people that The Watchmen are here to save us. Go now, get some food. Tomorrow afternoon or evening, I'll seek you out and share with you information about the dreams you have been having. Go , or I will foresake you.

Turning to the others, he answers their questions.
The front door is barred, and the doors are reinforced. Going in through the front is not good without magical aid.
There's a method of magic that might allow us to "unlock and unbar" the front door.
Fearless or Cats, have you ever heard of that type of magic? If we go to the market can we purchase something that might help? Furthermore can you use your exceptional brainpower to make it happen?

If not, it's scaling the walls and attacking from above. I need to rest and pray to Desna to be prepared for our assault. We need to attack at night, so we need to be quick in everything else we do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As the Watchmen file out of his studio, Lelwyn again reminds them of his request for them to sit for his dream painting when they are less busy.

Outside, Brother Butterfly looks for the Doomsayers, but finds him nowhere in sight. Before the group can make for the High Mart or back to the Silver Wagon, they are intercepted by Captain York and Lady Winter.

”I hear that you have been busy around town.” Winter says. ”What is this about a witch? Surely it is not the Briarstone Witch?”

From the door to the survivor’s house, Wren’s dog Salvation yips and whines, tugging at the end of a leash held tightly by the boy Brenton.
”No! Bad dog! Stay!”

From somewhere else in the building comes the wail of a poorly tuned violin struggling under an unskilled bow.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"Brother Butterfly" wrote:

"The front door is barred, and the doors are reinforced. Going in through the front is not good without magical aid. There's a method of magic that might allow us to "unlock and unbar" the front door.

Fearless or Cats, have you ever heard of that type of magic? If we go to the market can we purchase something that might help? Furthermore can you use your exceptional brainpower to make it happen?"

Cats smirks.

"I didn't get a good look at the door, but I can think of a dozen ways to get through a door, Brother. Now, this particular door might be a problem, but I'd like to look at before I cat you right. Now, do we have a nice axe? Axes are great for getting through doors."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Staring blankly at Cats
An Axe?
He shakes his head. back and forth. Back and forth.
as if giving up as he doesn't want Cat's to ruin his amazingly jubilant mood.
I can't justify that with a response.

Seeing Lady Winter.
AH! Lady Winter, my second favorite woman in this city! WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!
I'd love to chat and debrief you, but I have to get 8 hours of sleep and then wake up in the twilight of the morning for some head busting!
Can we stop by tomorrow and tell you all about the past couple days and MORE?


The Mariner looks at the velvety finish of the fine accessory that Brother handed to him. With a bit of frown and machismo, he tosses it to Cats, "Thanks for the thought but I don't need a purse."

At the mention of a door axe, the Mariner curses himself, Raiding a castle without an axe -I must be losing it. A big axe.

The Mariner can handle most load without penalty. If there's shopping, he'll pick up a bardiche.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"I can just climb in and open the door." Fearless suggests, though he is not sure he can get past the undead. "Place isn't that secure. Heck we can probably just climb in the back and go straight up the stairs before anything would know we are there."


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"Fearless" wrote:
"I can just climb in and open the door."

Cats nods and smiles at Fearless.

"Yeah, see? An axe or a halfling is all we need to open that door, Brother. You worry too much. We'll get in there and cat those urchins. Let's go buy that axe."

Cats looks at Mariner.

"Maybe we need two axes, one with a long handle, and one with a short, whatchathink?" Cats asks. "And maybe we need a grapplin' cat too? And more rope?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Hmmm. Fearless is small enough to get in through those arrow slits.
Desna detests undead and has a special blessing to allow anyone to hide from them. But beware, these seem to be zombie sentries - so they may be smarter than just regular zombie "Urchins".

BB stresses the word Urchins in a sarcastic manner.

We are too big to get through the arrow slots, so we'd need you to sneak in and unbar the door so we can rush in and dispatch them quickly.
If you fight, or if you get discovered, those things can attack you. Desna only blesses the pacifist! if you want to do it, it holds a level of danger.

Hide from undead first level cleric spell.


As if illuminated by brilliance, the Mariner points at Cats, "Ooh! Two - yes good idea. And another grapple line!"


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

K. To the store to buy/sell some stuff, right? Butterfly, maybe buy a few scrolls of hide from urchins instead of losing a spell slot for it? Also, we're buying an axe, a grappling cat, and what else? We should have some $$ to spend on fun stuff. Cats is right at WBL so others should get some stuff if they want. And more wands of CLW.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB is sleeping. No shopping. Tell me when the party is ready to wake me up and roll.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13
BB wrote:

We are too big to get through the arrow slots, so we'd need you to sneak in and unbar the door so we can rush in and dispatch them quickly.

If you fight, or if you get discovered, those things can attack you. Desna only blesses the pacifist! if you want to do it, it holds a level of danger.

"Should be easy enough. traveling with you lot is just as dangerous."

***

Fearless heads back to his room and tosses his pack onto the floor, angry at himself.

"Damned fool got the best of me yet. he is always one step ahead. Plotting against me while he slowly gathers the others." He groans.

The Mariner seemed to be helping, but I wonder if it was more of an inside job. Maybe that is how the Shapeshifter is staying ahead of me. He has spies!

Fearless flips over to close his eyes and sleep when he catches the painting out of the corner of his eye, hanging out from underneath the bed.

"UUGHH!"

He flips back towards the wall and falls asleep. His dreams filled with the vision of the party beating and mocking him ever more.

I am ready whenever everyone else is.


Putting off explanations and a full report for Lady Winter until a later time, the Watchmen head back through town to prepare for a midnight infiltration of Fort Hailcourse.

While Wren and the Mariner head out to gather supplies, Brother Butterfly and Fearless return to the Silver Wagon to get some beauty sleep. Fearless stomps away to his room, leaving Brother Butterfly to cover a growing tab promised to a number people who took up his offer for food and drink.

As Brother Butterfly is putting away his lighter pouch, a young girl approaches him.

”Sir? My name is Holissa. Are you one of the Watchmen that’s been helping people?” She asks, wringing her hands nervously. ”I heard say that you tracked down a witch in a cave outside town. Some say she might have been the one what is kidnapping folk... I wondered. Did you...” She pauses, clearly afraid to ask her question. ”My Brother, Sholn, he’s been missing for days. Did you find any folk in her lair?”


Once back with the groceries, the Mariner takes a brief cat nap then goes to the task of preparing for a night assault.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

He wished he were surprised.
He really doesn't know how he got so blessed to have such a brilliant mind.
He knew this was coming. His adroit mind had picked up on the fact that there were people missing. Kidnapped. This was expected.

He puts on the face of deep concern. Empathy and sympathy. Even bringing up memories of his feelings over Brenton and his brother's death to get the right "touch" of emotion.

When he speaks, he finds just the right tone, and stance to give feeling, but also hope.
Ah, Holissa. It is a pleasure to meet you. It is a good thing that I report that there were not any folk found in her lair. The Witch we tracked down was a murderer. Wishing to turn people into fertilizer.
I can see that you are so very worried about your brother- Sholn. I wish he were safe at home, but I promise you that The Watchmen are tracking down every lead to find the missing people.
We have reason to believe that they are being held for ransom. A bunch of witch worshipers wanting something magical from this city.

Looking her in the eyes, he stresses his support.
We are working diligently and will find your brother. We will free him from the bonds they have him in. I ask that you hold onto your faith for another day. Maybe a day and a half. Can you do that for me? BE HOPEFUL and make others hopeful in the abilities of The Watchmen. Tell me what he looks like. I will make it my personal mission

He was close to saying for her to believe in Desna, but JUST IN CASE things went bad for Sholn - he didn't want Desna's name attached to a failure of faith. Should he find and rescue Sholn, he'll really drop the "Desna did this with her mighty hand" praises .


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats buys an axe and a grappling cat and returns to rest for the day/night.

He realizes he missed an opportunity to find Brenton and the dog and hopes to see them again.

* * *

When the party returns to the Unholy Lair of Undead Urchins, Cats will take 20 to inspect the barred door to see if he can find a way to get in.

Is disable possible, GM Rah?


In the dark of night the Watchmen rise and set their eyes upon Fort Hailcourse. A thin mist hangs over the town, illuminated by a sliver of the moon. Thrushmoor is pale and quiet, like a corpse.

It is a time and place where no normal person would linger, but the Watchmen are no common men. When others would flee for the safety of a warm hearth they brave the cold dark streets at the witching hour, marching toward a bastion of undead and the dreaded unknown.

Everyone is now Level 5! Once all of you have leveled up your characters we will continue on to Fort Hailcourse.

@Cats: the door cannot be picked. It is locked from the inside and there is no external access to the lock or hinges. It is also very sturdy.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats looks at the door and shrugs.

"We can hack through it. It might take some time, but we can do it," Cats says to Brother and Mariner. "That said, Fearless, didn't you say you could open this easier than a drunkard's throat? I don't think I'll like what's inside, but we can be ready for it."

Cats steps back and draws his bow, ready to fire as the doors as the doors open.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless looks up at BB. "You said you could shield me from the undead inside?"


DM Rah wrote:

Everyone is now Level 5! Once all of you have leveled up your characters we will continue on to Fort Hailcourse.

Well Merry Christmas! 1d12 ⇒ 9 Feeling more like Rambo, less like Hobo.

"By the time we hack through the door, they'll probably have a balista ready for us. Send the Fearless Pinkie Cat in first, get the door open and I'll bring in the holy roller."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Yes, I can hide all of us. At least until someone attacks the undead. Then the magical shield from their view disappears. This is not fullproof. The divine aid can be overpowered by super intelligent undead. I don't think that is what we have here, but I want to give you full disclosure. If one of the two DOES see you you have a decision to make about retreating- or pulling the board off the gates.

Also give me a minute of two. I want to see through the door again and make certain the situation is as we left it.

Then he prays.
The great traveler has said, and it is written: What makes the desert beautiful is that it hides a well.

Cast hide from undead on all 5 of us. Also cast Shield Other -duration 5 hours on Pinkie... sorry Mariner, your HP's and penchant for getting hit makes me nervous I'll die.
He then moves to the door and casts doorsight. If it's the same two guards, I'll signal Fearless to move in and do his thing.

The above prayer seems to be appropriate for all three spells.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

And just how am I suppose to get in when you can't?


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless awaits BB's signal near the arrow slit.

If he sees the signal:
Fearless focuses on his breathing as he grabs ahold of the slit and pulls himself up.

Better hope your spell works Shapeshifter.

He takes his time moving around, hoping not to attract the undead's attention as he slowly raises the beam to open the front doors.

Stealth; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21
Escape Artist; Take 10: 10 + 7 = 17
Perception; Take 10: 10 + 11 = 21


Brother Butterfly looks beyond the entrance doors again and sees the chamber inside little changed. The two guards still stand sentry where he last saw them.

Fearless, which arrow loop are you going to try and squeeze through? No loops or windows are easy access points and taking 10 on escape artist won’t get you inside.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Moved to Arrow Loop on map.


Fearless, your previous attempts at escape artist had a higher bonus (+11). If that was a mistake and you are actually +7, then you are going to have problems.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

GM:
Crap! I just looked back and I think I goofed and got the numbers swapped for my Stealth and Escape Artist rolls when I was going back and forth from the sheet. :( How do you want to proceed? I can tap an inspiration on it as well.

Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sorry about that.


Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 7

Fearless pulls himself up to the arrow loop and gets his head through, and a shoulder, but finds it very hard to get further. Some luck is with him though, for standing just to the side of the arrow loop, an arrow knocked on his bow, is one of the bloody pale guards. Pale eyes, fogged over like those of a corpse, stare right through him. Brother Butterfly’s spell seems to be doing its job.

Fearless:
]I’m going to charge you 1 inspiration to figure out that the DC is 30 to squeeze through. I’ll leave it up to you to decide if you want to try and burn more inspiration and pray for a good roll. Otherwise, you might need to climb the walls and find an inner door or something.

Also, now that you have laid eyes upon these seemingly undead guards directly you can attempt a knowledge religion check to learn more about them.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Second attempt; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (6) = 17
Third attempt; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (4) = 21
Fourth attempt; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (1) = 10
Fifth attempt; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (6) = 26

Fearless leaps up and down multiple times. Each attempt the same as the last as he is only able to catch glimpses through the slit.

He returns to the group, ragged and out of breath. "Looked easier than I thought. Can see in fine. Just a tad bit harder actually getting up there."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Would a "luck spell" have helped? I was ready to use a luck spell on him once I saw that things were clear?


BB’s luck ability could help. 1 extra reroll per use. I’ll also allow 1 person to aid another for a +2 bonus by pushing if so inclined.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Contingent on Fearless not getting in.
speaking quietly to the group.

Okay guys, let's see if Cats can climb the wall. He is invisible to them, so we have to be quiet and careful. We'd better get the grapple ready too.

3,051 to 3,100 of 5,810 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.