DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,151 to 3,200 of 5,730 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 6

Cats drops his bow (again) and draws his curve blade as he steps into flank with Pinkie.

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (5, 6) = 27 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.


Cats finally joins the battle, but makes up for his tardiness with a slash from his blade that disembowels the guard in the stairs, causing gray bloodless guts to tumble forth. The guard collapses in final death.

INITIATIVE
Guard
Cats
Brother Butterfly (41/41)
The Mariner (53/71) *Shield of faith
Fearless (34/34) *Aid
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other


GM: raging hp is 81, ac 16

The Mariner slams into the other guard as he advances.

rage,pa,reckless: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
dam: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless fires another bolt and fires it above the guards head to help protect Mariner. "Duck Fish man."

+1 Hand Crossbow Aid Another Covering Fire DC 10; PBS; Precise; Cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 21

Mariner and myself get +4 to AC for the round against Yellow.

Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire vs Orange)
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Mariner- you have Shield of Faith +3 AC = AC 19
Folling Mariner, he tries to keep up so he can apply the wand of cure light wounds to keep him from bleeding out.
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


m human AC 17 Perception +12

As the undead falls Pinkie smiles across at Catz as his horns once again fade in wisps of smoke.

"Allright now lets see if we can help the Big guy"

And he takes off running diving past Mariner and the last Undead.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

double move


Brother Butterfly heals the Mariner, who takes a chunk out of the pale guard’s face with his sword. Fearless continues giving good covering fire, and Pinkie runs down the hall and slides past the enemy, skidding to a halt behind the guard.

Ignoring the boy, the guard slashes at the Mariner again.

Longsword PA vs Mariner: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Rolls:

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Fearless Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Cats Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
1d4 ⇒ 1

Sneak Attack on Fearless: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage + Sneak: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2, 6) = 15

Meanwhile, back in the entrance hall, Fearless feels a sudden pain in his back. Turning, he comes face to face with a three halflings. With the exception of short swords in their hands, they look identical to himself!

INITIATIVE
Guard (orange -6)
Halflings
Cats
Brother Butterfly (41/41)
The Mariner (53/71) *Shield of faith
Fearless (23/34) *Aid
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other

Pinkie: are you dropping rage or just the horns? Don’t forget about rage fatigue.


Unaware of the strange events behind him, the Mariner fights on. He suddenly sees Pinkie on the far side and presses the attack.

flanking: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 191d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


The Mariner presses the advantage presented by Pinkie and hacks into the pale guard again, his magic sword cutting deep.

So far these guards seem resistant to all physical attacks except the Mariner’s +1 longsword. Also, I miscalculated his damage last round, so I adjusted its damage total.

INITIATIVE
Guard (orange -29)
Halflings
Cats
Brother Butterfly (41/41)

The Mariner (53/71) *Shield of faith
Fearless (23/34) *Aid
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Fearless dives forward in pain. He grabs onto Cat's cloak, using it to prop himself up through the doorway. Flipping the cloak in the air Fearless uses Cat's as cover for his movement as he spins around at the stairwell.

Dropping his crossbow Fearless shakily draws his silver dagger and studies his foe.

Move action to Studied Combat on Orange. +2 to attack and damage for 3 rounds or until I use Studied Strike.

Any check to understand why they look like me?

Status:

HP 23/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire vs Orange)
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 7

"WHAT THE CATTLESPOT!?" Cats says as he turns to see the garrison overrun with Fearlesses (Fearlessii?). "I sure hope you're the real Fearless." He grunts to the real slim Fearless.

"Brother! Hold the door shut from where you are!"

With his sword in hand, he does what a true hero would do when faced with three halflings with swords: he closes the door (5' with that move action) and readies his sword should one come near him.

Readied:
1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (3, 5) = 19 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie comes up behind the undead swinging

red destiny: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (6, 4) = 17
shorssword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (5, 4) = 16

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

GM , I think you took off too much damage for Fearless. You show 25 HP's. 34 HP's originally Plus 6 HP's for Aid minus 15 damage =
25.

Brother Butterfly sees the startling developments, and concurs with Cat's wartime strategy. Good thing Cats barked out a simple, and easy strategy, because it's certain that BB's Adroit mind would have spent crucial seconds reviewing and disecting events. Thinking how there are now FOUR "Fearless" enemies to his health and well being, not just the usual one enemy.

BB moves 5 feet and makes certain the door is closed/barred (if possible). or using his girth to keep the runts on the other side (if the door swings towards him).

He also sees that his one true enemy has a bloodletting chasm. So he heals him.
curelightwounds wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Eldersage


Yup, bad math on my part. Fearless should have been at 25, now 28 with CLW.

The Mariner and Pinkie stab and hack and eventually take down the last pale guard.

Rolls:

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Fearless dives through the door to escape the gang of doppelgängers, managing to avoid the stab of their swords through luck rather than skill.

Cats slams the door closed and Brother Butterfly works the healing wand over Fearless’ injury.

The door remains closed, and with the guards defeated, the fort falls silent...

INITIATIVE (adjusted PC order to account for the timing of door closing/healing)
Halflings
The Mariner (53/71) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
Brother Butterfly (41/41)


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless points to the door. "The hells was that? They looked like me!" His eyes look on fearfully.

Moving down the hallway Fearless pushes the mariner onward. "Get through that door there. The stairwell up is in the northeast corner. If she is here she has to be upstairs."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Waiting for others to act as I go last. Plus, I may need to react to what is in the next room.

Seeing the mess The Watchmen have left in this room and the previous GateRoom.
My goodness Cats, You are leaving all your junk just lying around. Arrowheads, broken shafts. You've misplaced your sword and bow - like a million times. Didn't your mom teach you to clean up after yourself?
Everywhere we go ---a pig's pen volume of mess follows.
Mariner's no better not two minutes ago he was tossing his Halberd or Bec on the dirty ground. I bet ANYTHING he's going to toss that disgusting thing on my bed this evening at the Inn.
Is it ONLY ME that cleans up things around here?

His spiel is totally out of context with the current danger. Even the fact that he is using his bulk to keep the door closed on the 3 manic Halflings - his mouth is talking like they are needing to clean up and prepare the rooms for a cocktail party.

Seeing they are going into another room.
Oh sure, you don't want to hear me complain. You are just turning your back and going into another room. I hate being ignored!
pausing for people's actions.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round X

"Nah. We shouldn't go up yet. We leave them Fearlessii behind us! They are just going to stab us in back," Cats complains as the guy in the back most of the time.

"Not that Mariner is done mauling those in that direction, let's see where the Fearlessii are."

Cats waits for the door to be opened so they can fight the halflings together.


The group is split upon where to go. As they argue Brother Butterfly holds the door, but he soon realizes that no one on the other side is attempting to force it open.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless pretends in his mind that the strange illusion never happened. "We don't even know what the hells they were. One of these guys probably casting some strange magic." Fearless kicks an undead head with a soft plop. In his mind he already knew the truth. Brother Butterfly had moved his next piece on the chessboard of their mind games.

Well played Shapeshifter. Well played.

Though it could all be his paranoia playing its own role but who was he to say.


The Mariner catches on to the others encountering a murder of halflings that looked like Fearless. He pauses at the steps like a stone wall as Fearless pushes at him. [b]Wait a moment- how do we know you are YOU? Could have gotten mixed too[/b


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless stops short with a puzzled look. He hadn't thought of that aspect. "And how do you expect me to prove I am me Fisherman?"

Meanwhile his mind raced. Was the Shapeshifter truly this clever. Was this his checkmate to end me?


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats rises to Fearless Prime's defense.

"Nah, it wasn't him. They stabbed him in the back," Cats says, mussing up Fearless's hair so that he looks different than the others so the others won't be confused they still exist.

"Open that door, Brother. Let's see what's out there. We should re-bar the door too."

Cats kicks open the door and looks into the room for places the Bizarro-Fearlessii might have fled. If it is empty, he bars the door again.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Fearless" wrote:
"And how do you expect me to prove I am me Fisherman?"

"Dunno", he looks at the others for suggestions, "Maybe some sort of test. I heard a few drops of your blood into a dish against a hot poker is supposed to do something, but that sounds ridiculous." His mind getting ahead of reality, "What if the next door turns out four cats, I mean Cats? We gotta have some pass word -a question that only we'd know the answer. Like -what was served at the Briar mess hall?"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Good ideas all -- well except the hot poker and dish of blood. THAT was a bit extreme... (but he mumbles in a lower voice towards Mariner) Might be what we need to do if the password things doesn't prove effective.
He opens the door for Cats and prepares. Giving The Mariner a dose of minor healing.

contingent- if the room is empty , he does try to rebar the door so we don't have enemies at our backs.
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Eldersage


With everyone’s weapons at the ready, Brother Butterfly pulls open the door...

..and finds the entrance hall empty.

STATUS
The Mariner (55/71) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
Brother Butterfly (41/41)


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats reenters D1 and bars the front doors. He looks under the wagon for FearlessSign.

Are the other doors open in D1?

If the doors are closed, he will rejoin the party. He takes the rear and keeps his eyes open behind him, expecting more Fearlessii to attack.


Cats bars the door and makes sure there are no other Fearlessii in the room, or hiding next carts. The place seems clear. All other doors are closed.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB stays where he is, but is looking to actually go through a door in D2.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie pulls Brother Butterfly aside and whispers "We should all have something to prove we are who we say we are if there are more shifters around. Like a code word or something. "


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats moves into D2 and waits for Pinkie to open the door when others are ready.

C'mon peeps, push. We could all push a bit.


North stairs go up and south goes down?
Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Once the fatigue had passed, the Mariner comes back to the middle doors, "Outta the way, outta the way" He produces a rope a quickly ties off five intricate 'bracelets' around each the others wrists. "This here's a hauban double knot, it aint coming apart unless your arm goes with it. Unless them doubles are sailors, they aint gonna know how to untie or tie one either."

Once done, he checks the door. If not lock, goes through it, shield leading.


The fort’s courtyard is lit only by moonlight. Muddy, with patches of grass and weeds sprouting from the soil along the walls, a brick well stands at the center and a grate for grilling food stands next to a hatch in the south wall.

Just to the east of the hatch, down a narrow passage between buildings is a smaller courtyard with four small structures. From the dark openings in them comes the warning growl of dogs.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats sneaks into the courtyard, looking out for trouble on his cat's paws.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Stealth
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Perception


Though the dogs seemingly are aware of intruders in the courtyard, Cats is quiet enough to avoid drawing them out. Moving off he searches the courtyard, but finds nothing else of interest in the area.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Pointing out the ingenuity of The Mariner
SEE! This is smart work done by my fellow Watchmen! I am proud of the smart solutions to problems.

Let us press forward and take advantage of the fact that not all the troops are mobbing us.

BB Uses the wand again on Mariner and will follow Cats into the next room (not the dog room) when Cats or another chooses a room to advance too.
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Looks like the map blinds were shrunk and uncovered, I moved them back without paying attn to the actual images.

The Mariner moves immediately to the nearest door, quickly listens, then goes through it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


The Mariner opens a door into a small kitchen. Inside is a cabinet, a stone worktable, and a blackened iron cauldron hanging in a fireplace. There is another door to the east and a set of stairs leading up.

Some areas of the Fort were observed by Fearless earlier when he snuck around and looked in arrow loops and windows.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats quietly leaves the courtyard, its dogs, and whatever dangers lie within. He closes the door behind him after getting everyone inside.

He pads up/down the stairs.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Stealth


Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 3

Climbing the stairs, Cats finds a room above shrouded mostly in shadows. A glass window lets in faint moonlight, allowing his elven heritage to just make out a chamber in disarray. A cracked mirror hangs on the eastern wall at the top of the stairs, overturned and broken furniture litters the floor, and sprays of dark stains mark the room’s stone walls.

Next to a bed, a hunchbacked creature goes through a wardrobe. It is vaguely humanoid, but it’s legs twist unnaturally. A long webbed fin runs from the top of its head to the tip of a tail swishing idly across the floor.

”GGRAAHH!!”

The creature growls in frustration, throws a yellow dress over its shoulder, then digs back into the wardrobe.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing that we are making our way quickly through the fortress, He knows that The Mariner is still hurt from the last combat. The wand just wasn't cutting it and healing him quick enough.
So, he sacrifices one of his earlier prayers and tries to better help Mariner-- before he gets into a big fight.

CLW Sacrificing Magic Weapon spell: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless holds his finger to his mouth as the raging creature tosses the dress over it's shoulder. He waves at Mariner that there might be trouble ahead and waves the big man forward.

Fearless sneaks out of the way as he draws his dagger, studying the creature as he tip-toes past.

Knowledge check to identify: 1d20 ⇒ 5

(Dungeoneering; Engineering; Geography; History; Nature; Nobility; Religion) +7 | (Arcana; Local; Planes) +8

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Move action to Studied Combat on Creature. +2 to attack and damage for 3 rounds or until I use Studied Strike.


The Mariner squeezes to the fore and whispers, "I can't see a g+!#&!n thing. Butters get ready with some light. Toss it in when I say." Meanwhile, he readies a throwing ax.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

BB whispers his prayer and holds a small stone that he had painted a monarch butterfly image onto. He has this stone and two others handy. Anticipating the need to sometimes have something to light the way-- and what better symbolism than to have a stone butterfly flicked into a room to give off Desna's light.

With the Monarch, may YOU make us monarchs over the darkness.

cast light and hide the light in my fist until instructed to move and throw.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats can barely get out any words to describe what he sees...but it isn't right in Cats' mind. For some reason, he moves into the room to speak to the...thing. He stows his bow as he moves to address the it.

"Hey...hey cat? Sorry to bother you...you speak Common? Elven?" Cats prods carefully while looking at the creature with his Cats Eye (detect evil), sniffing for opportunities to provide redemption to those who might want it.

"Whatcha doing?"


The creature jumps at Cat’s sudden presence, its head crashing into the top of the wardrobe causing the whole piece of furniture to bounce. With a frustrated growl it spins around and stares at the half-elf with bulging frog-like eyes and babbles something in a strange tongue, displaying a mouth full of sharp teeth.

Having given up the chance to surprise this monster Cats is momentarily taken aback by its reaction, and a tingling of his Cats senses that tells him this creature is evil in its soul!

Sparks fly from the creature’s claw as it summons some kind of magic and passes it over itself.

Knowledge Local DC 12 (Fearless already succeeded on this):

These are aquatic monstrous humanoids known as Skum!

Skum are the most prolific and successful of the countless races created by the aboleths to serve as slaves. At the height of the aboleth empire, skum were legion and their armies waged many wars upon the land, yet now that the aboleths are in decline, skum have been set loose to manage on their own.
For the most part, the skum have been less than successful at this endeavor, and today they exist in a shadow of their previous multitude, most of them dwelling deep underground in slowly crumbling ruins left standing only because their enemies have lost interest in pursuing the now-won war against these fish-like humanoids. Skum have even lost their own name—only the most erudite and wise of their kind remember that they were once known as the ulat-kini. Today, most identify themselves with the racial epithet applied to them by surface-dwellers—"skum."

Fearless - you can attempt a spellcraft check vs DC 16:
It has cast a shield spell.

Rolls:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Pinkie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Skum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

INITIATIVE
Creature
The Mariner (71/71) *Shield of faith
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other
Cats (38/38)
Brother Butterfly (46/46)


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

"It is a Skum. they were created by the Aboleths." Fearless goes onto explain.

Fearless gasps. "It is casting a spell!" Fearless dives in and sinks his dagger deep in between the creature's shoulder blades.

Mwk Silver Dagger; Aid; Studied Combat; fight defensively: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 24
Damage: 1d3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 2 = 4
Studied Strike Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

+2 to AC for fighting defensively.

Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18 (20 w/ fight defensively)
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


"Now Brother!" the Mariner waits for the lights to fly then charges in.

hand ax, power : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
dam : 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Jasper takes Mariner's cue and lets the illuminated Monarch Butterfly soar through the air. He waits for the charging Mariner to bound up the stairs and follows at his usual casual pace.

Throw rock and move.I am probably delaying the move until after Mariner.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 1, Init 8

Cats draws his long curved blade and moves to help Fearless as he makes room for Mariner.

"This is a wretched hive of skum and kittenery!" Cats battlecries as he presses the attack.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage


Studying the Skum, Fearless moves in and stabs it in the leg. Cats slashes with his blade, but it skids off an invisible barrier.

Brother Butterfly tosses his glowing rock up the stairs, illuminating the room for those who cannot see in low light conditions.

The Mariner climbs the stairs and chucks his axe. The weapon sparks as it penetrates the barrier but is slowed enough that it fails to cut into the creature’s tough leathery skin.

Distracted by a cookie jar in the kitchen Pinkie arrives late to the battle upstairs.

Finding itself suddenly boxed in, the skum gurgles in anger and raises a glowing hand, casting another spell.

Concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Spellcraft DC 16:
Mage Armor

INITIATIVE
Creature (-7)
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
The Mariner (71/71) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other

3,151 to 3,200 of 5,730 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.