DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,251 to 3,300 of 5,810 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats looks at brother, then points at the mirror.

"I thought I saw a Pinkie *in* the mirror. It was just catting at me, winking, and being all Pinkie and cat," Cats explains so it's clear he's not crazy. "So I shot it. I saw Pinkieganger good and dead. That's what I did. I'm sure you'll see if there was magic on the mirror."


Fearless and Brother Butterfly question Cats sanity. The Mariner and Pinkie stay ready.

There are still no enemies in sight.

INITIATIVE
Skum
FauxPinkie
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (43/71 - Raging 53/81) *Shield of faith
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other
Fearless (34/34) *Aid


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless shakes his head and moves to head back upstairs. "Didn't go crazy in that insane asylum. Sure as hell not going to go insane in here."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Oh, don't worry Cats I know you aren't crazy and you saw something in the mirror.
That's what he says aloud. Internally, he says," Well that was B!!~@*&*. Because that Cats IS crazy. He can't even complete 3 sentences without changing a word to something related to cats. All these guys are whacko in some way. Everyone except me.

I am hanging around with them because they are a less menacing version of crazy.

NOW, if you said you saw CATS or panthers or Cheshires in the mirror, I'd doubt you. The fact that you said you saw more Pinkies, makes me think there's something to this.

Hmmm. In the mirror you said. I'm not good with the arcane, but that sounds like some crazy thing a perverted pre-pubescent mage would think up.
putting on a squeaky sleazy mage-like voice
Hey Nester, get a load of this. I can cast this spell and look into the women's shower room at our mage school! I just use the mirrors and I can see through them! HeeHEEE. The girls wash up in the shower. Heeheee (insert leering laugh here).

making up his mind.
Alright Watchmen --back to being serious. Smash the mirrors that you see in each room. If there are enemies, the front contingent attacks the enemies, and the read guard smashes a mirror. If you can-- try to put a trashcan underneath first. That way, you can contain the mess.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

"Brother, how many times do I have to tell you, my name is Cats, not Cats, forcatssake," Kast says defensively.

He then gives Brother the 'I'm not crazy' look and returns his attention to the mirror.

"Yeah, we'll smash any more mirrors that we see good. We'll cat them good, you'll see, Brother," Cats agrees.

Cats waits for the party to gather so they can move forward.

Cats waits for Mariner to open the door from D7 to D11.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Obviously hitting a nerve with Cats.
Boy, a bit grouchy. I thought you'd have smiled at my funny, nasally boy voice (ala Ron Weasley). But I guess "Defensive Kast"woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Let us press on.

BB moves into position into the room D7. Waits for Mariner and gives him another hit of the Eldersage wand to get his HP's up.
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Oh Fearless- don't go upstairs. only the ramparts and upper guards there right now. better to follow this direction.


Brother Butterfly heals the Mariner, slowly knitting his wounds, reducing them to shallow cuts. With the decision to abandon the chase implied by the words of Cats and Brother Butterfly, the Mariner releases his rage, breathing heavy from the expended energy.

The group gathers in the lower office, preparing to explore other rooms on the ground floor.

Reposting the office description for those that may have missed it earlier.

The walls here are almost completely draped with warm, woolen tapestries. A wooden desk decorated with the Ustalavic coat of arms stands near the southern wall, while a small cabinet and chair sit against the northern wall.
Aside from the door to the kitchen the room has two other doors, one leading back to the entrance hall, and another, bearing a now shattered mirror, connects to an unexplored room to the east

Mariner raged for 5 rounds, which leaves him fatigued for 10 rounds (1 minute). Pinkie raged for 4 rounds, leaving him fatigued for 8 rounds. A barbarian cannot enter another rage while fatigued. Do you wait for them to recover?

STATUS
Cats (38/38)

Mariner (59/71) *Shield of faith 3/6 minutes

Butterfly (46/46)
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other 3/300 minutes

Fearless (34/34) *Aid 3/5 minutes


Sorry, work delay. Yes, Mariner will release rage and wait out the fatigue. Sits in the northern chair.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

With The Mariner not wanting to barge through the door.
Brother Butterfly touches his arm with the wand one more time and then progresses to the door. placing his hand.
Desna, Grant your disciple the gift of sight beyond sight.
- Cast doorsight.

Then, with his hand placed on the door, and giving a reasonably reverent pause... BB switches back to his pervert boy voice.
Hehehe. Snort. Hey Nester, did you see that Polymorph teacher with the huge Double D's? I am going to use my spell and spy on her room ---maybe try to "trans- FIGURE' her out. BB even includes another goofy laugh and a pigish snort. Then looks around to see if any of the others are even laughing or smirking at his amazing impression.

Huffing at how this crowd gives him almost no performance energy, he turns his head again back to the door. Focusing on what is actually beyond the door.

clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Brother Butterfly heals one of the Mariner’s small bruises, then uses Desna’s power to peep into the adjoining room.

The chamber is dark, but he can make out the outlines of a long table surrounded by chairs. He can also just make out two more skum, tearing into and eating something on the table with their claws and teeth.

STATUS
Butterfly (46/46)
Cats (38/38) 

Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 4/6 minutes 

Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 4/5 minutes


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

While Brother Butterfly caresses his door fetish Fearless begins to dig through the drawers and cabinets, looking for anything of interest as he shuffles through the papers.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


"Pretty sick Butters" the Mariner mutters eventhough he gets the lecherous joke. "What's behind the door, a couple of naked ghouls?"


Fearless doesn’t find anything of worth on or in the desk. Checking the cabinet, he finds it locked.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

The cabinet doors clatter as he tries to open it and finds them lock. "Huh." Using his ink pen and a battered crossbow bolt point Fearless sets to work on the cabinet door. He crams the pen in as far as it will go and tries to jam force the lock open.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

It doesn't seem to work so he takes his time on it.

Take 10 for 19


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats watches Fearless try to open up the cabinet with patience at first, but then quickly shuffles the little quarterling out of the way so he might address it with his new and proper tools.

"Let me show you how to cat that," Cats mews as he gets to work.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 disable device


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It is said that the pen is mightier than the sword, but against locked cabinets a real lockpick proves the mightiest of all. The catch *clicks!*, followed by a *snickt!*

Needle vs Cats: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Cats pulls back his hand and notices a bead of blood welling from a prick on his finger!

Cats, roll a Fortitude save!

Link - Search for Cats, or Cat in the door?


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Good link, Rah. *grumblegrumble*

"Ow! What the cat!?" Cats sticks his pricked finger in his mouth, hurting.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Fort

"That cattin' hurt," Cats shakes out his hand, putting away his tools and letting others open the cabinet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cats feels a tingling in his hand, but it quickly fades. Successful save!

A needle protrudes from the keyhole, apparently designed to stab anyone that uses the incorrect key (or pick) to open the cabinet. Obvious now, and easily avoided, the cabinet doors can be safely opened. Inside is a brown cloak that nearly matches the color of the wood of the cabinet, a masterwork dagger engraved with wings in the blade, and a leather bag containing 1,268 gp, 142 sp, and 343 cp.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Laughing. Cats fell into the trap. That was a perfect GM Rah lure!
Negative Mariner. No Beauties on the other side of this door. There are two Skum eating at a table. If we do this right, we can catch them by surprise and crush them. It's dark, so we need to supply our own light.
Mariner, or Pinkie. Get to the door and let's slay some Skum.

Contingent. If the party is checking out the items, he'll cast Detect Magic, but if they move to action and muster around the door, he preps to rush the Skum. Casting light on his special butterfly rock and hiding the light in his palm. Looking to charge a target with his Mace.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

When you jerks are done laughing at Cats and the magic items are ID'd....

Cats will ready to shoot some skum when the door is opened.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Hehehe. Luck of the Halfling continues!

Fearless peeks his head in to investigate the items found. "What did you find in there?"

Detect magic

His eyes open in excitement as he almost has an innate keen sense for magical items.

Spellcraft Cloak: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Spellcraft Dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

****

Fearless speaks up as Brother Butterfly speaks of ambushing the pair of skum. "If I remember right. ONE of them nearly killed us upstairs and still managed to escape. now there is two." He holds up two fingers.


The Mariner frowns at BB, and points at Fearless, validating what he said. "Yeah, them some tough spell slinging skum. You wanna take on two at once? Let's leave them to their meal and check these other rooms."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Rolling his eyes, because the rest of the world just didn't understand.

in a whispered voice. Directing the others to whisper also.

That "spell Slinging skum" is not the norm. plus I bet Kast tried to parlay and asked it such inane questions like: favorite color and what it's first job was - giving it time to buff up with those defensive spells. IF we surprise these, we have the tactical upper hand.
IF we investigate elsewhere, and someone raises the alarm, then these Skum have time to prepare and attack us.
I suggest an assault on that room. But I defer to the others if they still think otherwise.


Fearless is unable to positively identify the cloak, though everyone notices that it seems to shift color upon removal from the cabinet, and is now grey rather than brown.

The dagger bears an enchantment that causes it to return to the hand of the person who throws it.

+1 dagger of throwing! If Fearless wants this we can say it is small sized.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats waits for the doors to be open, knowing that the party needs to take these skum down at some point...and it might as well be with surprise.

Can we get GMPC Pinkie to silently open the door?

Cats knocks an arrow and is ready to go.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

contingent action on attacking.
BB gives the hand movements to silently but adeptly get the various Watchmen in position.
He uses the Bless Wand. to grant them a minor blessing for their upcoming offensive against the Skum of Golorian.

When Pinkie opens the door, he rushes in. Full charge to the sitting and munching Skum that he saw at the table. Trying his best to bash the thing's aquatic looking skull.

attack with magic mace bless charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

If noone wants the dagger Fearless would be glad to take it for his aid another feature.

Fearless flips the dagger around in his hand. His eyes gleam with delight. "This is a nice dagger. It could come in handy for protecting you crazed lot."

GM:
I have been doing some research. though to no avail. This obviously won't be an every attack kind of thing but instead of telekinetic projectile stones once in awhile Fearless would instead toss the dagger. Would that activate the returning property?

Fearless groans as BB seems intent on ambushing the pair. He grumbles to himself in an almost I told you so manner. "I thought we ambushed the last one too...."


The Mariner puts his hand across Brother's chest, and shakes his head. "I'll go first Butters. Thanks Pinkie" he nods as the boy hands him back his polearm. Taking a deep breath and girding up, he checks the others, "On three."

"THREE!"

polearm, power, furious: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 16
dam: 1d12 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11


Rolls:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Pinkie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Skum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

The Watchmen burst through the door with weapons at the ready! The skum are caught completely by surprise, but Brother Butterfly’s count is off as four of the creatures are revealed in his magic light!

The Mariner finds one very near the door and slashes it with his sword.

Surprise round is limited to move or standard action. You can charge, but that has to be in a straight line and only one skum is chargeable. BB, I’m letting Mariner charge in first, so you can modify your actions.

Fearless:
I’m fine with you using telekinetic projectile with the dagger. Go ahead and add +1 to hit and damage for its magic as well.

INITIATIVE - Surprise round!
Cats (38/38)

Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 41/60 rounds
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes
Butterfly (46/46)
[b]Fearless (34/34) *Aid 41/50 rounds

Then continue to...

Round 1!
Cats (38/38)
Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 41/60 rounds
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes
Butterfly (46/46)

Skum (Red -11)
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 41/50 rounds


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Uh, our positioning got a bit screwy, but Cats would have insisted that he be in a position to shoot as the door was opened. Moved chumps around to account for that. Also, Cats' first shot should go off before Mariner's charge and subsequent cover.

Round Surprise and 1, Init 22

"Die skum!" Cats cheers. "I'll cat you dead!"

Cats fires at the orange skum in the surprise round.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (1, 3) = 17 damage.

And then double fires at the orange through Mariner's cover.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (3, 2) = 20 damage.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (5, 1) = 15 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

With his new dagger drawn Fearless shifts 5 foot step about the room looking for an opening to help Mariner. Grabbing the dagger by the blade he kisses the end for luck before sending it end over end at the red-eyed Skum.

Thrown + 1 Returning Dagger vs Red Aid another; Covering fire; PBS; Precise DC 10: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17

Mariner and Fearless each get +4 to AC vs Red Skum

He realizes this leaves him open and unarmed for a short bit as the dagger works it's magic to return to his hands.

Status:

HP 34/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire)
Spells: 1st 2/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 2/2

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Thanks GM. I thought I could charge. Will change tactics.

Oh me. Oh My. Four is certainly not two opponents. The Other Watchmen are not going to let me live this down. I'd better make certain none of them get any of those spells off.

Surprise Round
Desna, Bring forth your devastation. Bring Forth the Avatar to cut away the evil.
With those words, an image forms and coalesces. A vicious war razor pops into existance and attacks Orange.
base bless wisdom: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 5 = 23
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Regular round.
War Razor attacks. base bless wisdom: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 5 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Attack on Orange.

YEAHHHH!!!!
Brother grasps the Magical Mace in his hand. He gives the pale immitation of a war cry and rushes in.
A full on charge to attack orange- attempting to put it down fast and hard.
Mace Bless charge: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


I made a small mistake on initiative. BB goes dead last on round 1. I’ll keep his good roll.

Cats shoots an arrow right into the eating skum’s chest. It spits out a chunk of meat, along with some blood. Then, before it even realizes what is happening, Brother Butterfly’s spiritual weapon slashes across its throat and it falls back unconscious to the floor.

Fearless hurls his new dagger, distracting the skum looking up at his worst nightmare, a cranky old fisherman.

Slipping past the Mariner, Pinkie leaps atop the dining table and stabs down at the red-eyes skum.

Red Destiny TWF/high ground: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (6, 3) = 19
Mwk Shortsword TWF/high ground: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3, 4) = 11
Yikes. Don’t even need to confirm these possible crits...

The skum does, impaled by both weapons.

Round 1!
Cats (38/38)
Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 41/60 rounds
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes
Skum
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 41/50 rounds
Butterfly (46/46) - prepped to move in and attack


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"The Mariner" wrote:

"On three."

"THREE!"

FOUR?! the Mariner can at least count that high, he looks back at Brother with a frown. Rushing forward after the artillery had all gone off, he comes in with the deck sweeper. "Fish out of water!"

lucerne@purple,reach,power,furious: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
dam: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

if cleave: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
dam: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Mariner, no cleave a available. I removed the red token before it was actually dead, but you have now taken it out.
BB, sorry to keep bursting your bubble, but no skum are close enough for you to charge to, and your spiritual weapon needs a new target, which takes a movement action, so I am compromising and applying your mace attack to your spiritual weapon.

The Mariner cuts down another skum as Brother Butterfly waddle-charges into the room. The other skum are so far away however that he gives up halfway there and sends his spiritual weapon to do the dirty work. The blade zips across the table and flays open the arm of one of the creatures.

The skum grab tridents and move to attack, one vaults atop the table and lunges forward to stab at the Mariner while the other charges along the far side toward Pinkie. Both manage to strike true and draw blood.

Mariner gets an AoO.
Trident vs Mariner + high ground: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Trident charge vs Pinkie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 2
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 42/50 rounds
Butterfly (46/46)
Cats (38/38)
Mariner (52/71) *Shield of faith 42/60 rounds
Pinkie (42/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes

Skum (yellow -9)


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 2, Init 22

Cats double fires at the purple through cover.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (3, 6) = 20 damage.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (6, 4) = 21 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

@GM. No problem. What you did makes the most sense. BB is also not good with his Mace. I wasn't anticipating I'd hit. I just didn't want to waste a spell that round.

Brother moves into position, making three Watchmen abreast. A line of ferocity! He swings his Mace to smash the face of the Skum with the Yellow fin.
CRACK! The Mace connects and Rib meets Fin!

THEN, comes a the War Razor flying in. slashing at the same Skum. Little does he know, with attacker like The Watchmen, that his mortal coil is close to ending.

Magic Mace Bless,: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

War Razor Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 3 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 5 + 1 = 15
damage WR: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

The dagger returns to Fearless' hand.

This weapon will work well indeed. He thinks to himself. as he grips the handle again. He works his way into the room and chucks the dagger at the yellow skinned Skum.

Thrown + 1 Returning Dagger Aid another DC 10; Covering fire; PBS; Precise; Bless; Cover: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 10

Brother Butterfly and Fearless each get +4 to AC vs Red Skum

Status:

HP 34/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire)
Spells: 1st 2/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 2/2


Sons of fishes! the Mariner winches at the cocktail fork in his shoulder. He swipes at the fish on the table, then takes a real cut down the center.

AOO,lucerne,reach,power: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
dam: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

lucerne,reach,power,furious: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
dam: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Ooops, left the Sneak Attack damage in my strings last post. Apologies. Plz ignore those.

Cats grunts in annoyance at having to shoot around the huge and largely bulbous heads in his way.


The Mariner takes down the skum before it gets close enough with its trident. I removed damage from its attack since it never got to you.

Fearless’ new dagger darts through the room, continuing to distract the enemy. Brother Butterfly smacks the last skum in the head, his spiritual weapon slashes it’s arm, then Cats puts an arrow in its throat and it falls.

For a second it seems the battle is over, but a door to the east opens to reveal more of the creatures ready for a fight.

One stabs at Brother Butterfly.

Trident vs BB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

INITISTIVE
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 42/50 rounds
Butterfly (46/46)
Cats (38/38)
Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 42/60 rounds
Pinkie (42/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes

Skum


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 22

Cats double fires at the blue through cover.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage.

1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19 to hit; (-cover)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Seven of them....SEVEN Shapeshifter!" Fearless looks to Brother Butterfly with an exasperated look. His mind once again rearranges itself as a pair of missiles arc through the doorway and into two of the Skum.

Full action for Toppling Magic missiles. Using one Phrenic Pool Point for Focused Force to make them D6's.

Blue Toppling Magic Missile; Focused Force: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Purple Toppling Magic Missile; Focused Force: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

The focused energy is powerful enough to knock a grown man from his feet.

Status:

HP 34/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire)
Spells: 1st 1/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/2


The Mariner leaps onto the table and overheads the polearm at the skum at the door. "Get outta there Brother!"

lucerne@blue,reach,power,furious,highground: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 181d12 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother uses a flick of the wrist to move the sharp blade to attack the Skum right in front of him.
He also takes a swipe, and then 5 foot steps to the left to create room for the heavy hitters.

razor: 1d20 + 3 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 5 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

mace: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 25
confirm crit mace: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fearless vents his wrath at Brother Doppelfly in the form of words, and at the skum as twin missiles that impact with such force that both creatures are knocked off their feet!

Brother Butterfly sends his razor into the blue-gilled skum before him and then bashes its head in with a blow backed up by 250 pounds of bluster.

Cats takes a couple more shots, but only one arrow finds a path through his allies into an enemy. Blue is down, redirected you to red, which has a bunch of cover, but not quite enough to avoid that second arrow.

The Mariner coordinates with Butterfly and thrusts his pole arm through the door, taking down the skum injured by Cats arrow.

Red Destiny: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

With the door cleared Pinkie dives through and stabs the remaining skum in the belly. Now inside the room, he notices another of the creatures off to his left at an open door. Both attack him with trident, tooth, and claw.

Trident vs Pinkie - prone: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw - prone: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crit Confirmation - prone: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bite - prone: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Trident Charge vs Pinkie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

His reflexes, and Brother Butterfly’s prayers, save him from all but one lucky strike that only barely scratches him.

Rolls:

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Cats Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Fearless Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10

Guard vs Cats vs FF: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (3, 4) = 17

Cats feels a terrible pain in his shoulder and turns to see a bloody guard standing with a bloody sword behind him.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (34/34) *Aid 43/50 rounds
Butterfly (41/46)
Cats (21/38)
Mariner (61/71) *Shield of faith 43/60 rounds
Pinkie (44/48) *Shield other 4/300 minutes

Skum (purple -16 *prone)
Bloody guard

I corrected damage to Pinkie and BB after remembering shield other.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Great, now all of us have some blood spilling out. It's time for us to be a little healthier. Desna! OH Great Traveler. We are in the storm and need your direction to shelter.

Brother moves 5 feet. Getting atop the table (or next to it if he can't) to get a good view of everyone. He also redirects the War Razor. His favorite item next to his fancy designer boots. to slash at the Purple Skum. Hoping to connect and fell another opponent.

use move action to redirect the razor. Move 5 feet then cast.Channel Energy with selective channel
selective channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) = 9
attack of war razor: 1d20 + 3 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 5 + 1 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

The dagger jerks from Fearless' hand. Whirling through the air the like, blunt instrument arcs itself past Cats at the guard.

Telekinetic Projectile; Precise; PBS; Aid; Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Get outta there Cats!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 4, Init 22

"mmmeee-OW!" Cats roars in pain as he spins to face his amazingly quiet attacker. "Where the cat did you come fron?!"

Cats double fires the new foe after a 5' step.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 to hit;
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 damage.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 to hit;
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 21/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


The Mariner drops down near the door frame and rams the polehammer forward at the two skum.

lucerne@purple,reach,power,furious: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d12 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
if cleave: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d12 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

wow

3,251 to 3,300 of 5,810 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.