DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


3,201 to 3,250 of 5,756 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 2, Init 8

Cats tries again to scratch the creature, then 5’ steps back to make room for Pinkie if he comes up.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Desna - Let us make Mariner even stronger! Let his might act as a vorpal through this Skum!

Cast Bull strength on Mariner.


The Mariner draws his magical sword and and tries to run the skum through, "Nasty! Nasty!!!"

sword,power,bull: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
dam: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 15


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

"It is placing protecting armor over itself." Mage Armor.

Fearless continues to study the creature as he strikes once more.
Studied Combat

Mwk Silver Dagger; Aid; Studied Combat: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 2 = 2
Studied Strike Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Player Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18
Spells: 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


Fearless looks for another opening in the Skum’s defenses, but just misses an opportunity and misses with a dagger thrust.

Cats slashed across, but his weapon bounces off invisible armor.

Brother Butterfly climbs the stairs and grants the Mariner magical strength, but it’s not enough to help the old man cut through the the Skum’s magical protections.

Jumping over the railing, Pinkie thrusts with Red Destiny, stabbing the creature’s leg.

Red Destiny: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The skum gurgles something and calls up sparks of magic into its hand, then grabs Fearless and discharges it with a loud *ZzzzZZAAP!!*.

Concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Touch vs Fearless: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 4, 1) = 14

INITIATIVE
Creature (-14)
Fearless (14/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
The Mariner (71/71) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 8

Cats waits for Fearless to attack then move so he can get in and strike.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage


The Mariner presses the attack on the skum.

sword, power, bull : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
dam : 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Healing. Fearless usually doesn't need this much healing. He must be losing it, as he's acting like me and being a magnet for damage.

eldersage
BB uses the wand to try and take some of the "shock" away from Fearless.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless withdraws back 5 foot step, as his muscles jerk from the shock of the spell. The jolt sends the synapses of his mind reeling as his mind psychically links with the Skum's.

Mind Thrust I Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 4) = 11 DC 14 Will save for half.

Status:

HP 19/34
AC 18
Spells: 1st 2/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie slides in between the creature and fearless and continues his attack.

Red destiny,: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
short sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Will vs Mind Thrust: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The Skum winces at Fearless’ mental attack, but his willpower is strong and pushes back against the brunt of the attack.

Cats, the Mariner, and Pinkie hack, slash, and stab at the Skum, but it’s magical defenses prove stronger then their attacks.

AoO vs BB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Brother Butterfly tries to slip past the fight to heal Fearless and gets poked in the side as he passes the Skum. Though stung by the attack, he succeeds in using his wand and heals his companion a bit.

The Skum breaks out in gurgling laughter and runs his hand along the blooded trident, causing electricity to arc between the tines.

Rolls:

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
PERCEPTION
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Cats: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Fearless: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Pinkie: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
The Mariner: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Cats suddenly hears footsteps on the stairs behind him. Glancing over the edge he notices Pinkie, with two other Pinkies, sneak up behind the unaware Mariner.

Short Sword vs Mariner FF/Flanking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (3, 4) = 14

One shoves Red Destiny into his lower back, then jumps back, switching places with another.

INITIATIVE
Creature (-12)
3 Pinkies
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (57/71) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other
Brother Butterfly (44/46)


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 8

"Ah...cattlespot! More pinkies!"

Cats tries again to scratch the creature.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 slashing damage.

Pot Crit:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 slashing damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Hearing that their are copies of himsself near Pinkie lets the rage bubble up inside himself but continues his assault.

"We will get to you three soon enough.....thats it boy get mad....but you got to stay mad....SHUT UP!"

red destiny,controlled rage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
short sword,controlled rage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
crit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
gore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Electrocity. Well, Desna has some help to protect Mariner from THAT. But, if I use Desna’s Blessing – this SKum will certainly overhear and just change whom he targets.
I could add some “firepower” to this fight and bring my war razor to spiritually appear.
Or, he could try and fake The Skum out. Maybe he is sorcerer in nature and religious spells are foreign to it. Maybe I can make it THINK I protected Marioner with Electricity, but give Mariner ANOTHER boon.
Mariner, switch spots with Cats so the Great Godess Desna can protect you from the Electricity!
Desna—Grant Mariner your blessing. Allow him to rebuff the electricity so we can end this Skum’s threat quickly and violently.
Cast Luck on Mariner[/b] If need be, make a 5 foot step to avoid AOO. Also, do I make a bluff check?


Magic is magic. Spellcraft could reveal the truth.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Unless he fails the check. Ok, go ahead and make your bluff check.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless sheathes his dagger and draws his crossbow. He glances to the side at the words of multiple Pinkie's now. "What is happening? What are those things? Is this place haunted? Is it an illusion?" His mind races to any and all possibilities.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

bluff check+4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Do I get a circumstance bonus as I DO have the spell and can/know how to cast it? Or that it's more than believable given the circumstances? That might count as having concvincing proof?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

"WHY YOU LITTLE TWERPS!!!" the Mariner whirls around, drops his shield, grabs pummel with both hands and swings a wide arc.

rage,bull,power,pugnacious/damage,reckless,furious: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
dam: 2d6 + 17 ⇒ (2, 4) + 17 = 23
"Thumb!"

if cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
dam: 2d6 + 17 ⇒ (4, 2) + 17 = 23
"Fore!"

if greater cleave: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
dam: 2d6 + 17 ⇒ (3, 1) + 17 = 21
"Middle!"

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother B , seeing Mariner in a fit of rage. Laughs at what he says. The only finger this thing will have left is the "Ring" finger after that epic cleave.
He decides that the Pinkie with Mariner's special rope knot might be the best recipient for his " Protection from lightening" trick.
Pinkie, you get the blessing to insulate you from this creature's lightening.

He also takes a look at the backstabbing Pinkies. Seeing if those Pinkies have the Hauban Double knot too. Looking at the wrist of each surviving "Ringie".


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fearless changes weapons.

Cats and Pinkie both manage to get past the Skum’s magic and inflict damage.

The Mariner turns in a rage and abandons all defense, slashing across the boys on the stairs. Though his strike seems to pass through all three, two crack and fall away in magical shards leaving one left bleeding and wide eyed at the assault.

Hoping to trick the Skum caster, Brother Butterfly uses some magic, but acts as if it serves a different purpose.

Mariner is out of reach, so the Luck rerolls go to Pinkie next round.

Butterfly:
These Pinkies are perfect copies and all wear the Mariner’s sailor knot!

Rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Mariner damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

The fake Pinkie calls out in a language only Fearless understands.

Fearless:

”The priest is protecting the others! Focus on the old one while I’ve got his attention!”

The Skum gurgles laughter.

Fearless:

”What’s the matter Tilstari, is your mirror magic not strong enough to face him alone?!”

Rage/Reckless/Cleave/Shieldless drops Mariner’s AC to 12
Shock Trident vs Mariner: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage + Shock: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1) = 5
Claw vs Mariner: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite vs Mariner: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Short Sword vs Mariner: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3, 2) = 13
Short Sword vs Mariner: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (6, 3) = 19

Both enemies focus their attacks on the Mariner, leaving him with nearly a half dozen wounds from sword, trident, claw, and teeth. A lesser man would have fallen with so many injuries, but somehow he still stands.

INITIATIVE
Skum (-32)
DoppelPinkie (-20)
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (14/71 - Raging 24/81) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48) *Shield other, 1 round Bit of Luck!
Brother Butterfly (44/46)

@Mariner: Ugh. You made me do math and rules research on Christmas Eve. Your attack roll seems about 2 off, Furious Focus only applies to the first attack (cleave is no exception), you already used the Pugnacious damage boost for the day against the zombies at the front door, and technically cleave isn’t supposed to work against mirror images (which these are), however, you made a very fun and clever post. Merry Christmas.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing that The Mariner is bleeding severely and everyone else has just nicks and scrapes. BB strongly thinks about sacrificing a prayer that he was hoping to use for the first time in order to ask Desna for the best healing that can be mustered.
But, he needs Mariner in a better tactical position.
Mariner, I need you to switch positions with Cats or Pinkie! I need to be close enough to touch heal you!

I act last.Contingent actions: If Mariner is next to me, I sacrifice the third level spell Prayer for Cure Serious Wounds. If he is raging and can't move out of his spot, I need to use a channel energy to heal him -- and everyone else. Selective channel to omit the Skum and Ringie/Pinkie.

Watchmen, the pseudo Pinkie also has Mariner's special knot on it. It couldn't be a doppleganger , it has to be some sort of illusion. A doppleganger can't replicate equipment and couldn't naturally tie Mariner's knot!

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 8) + 5 = 17
or if I can only Channel channel energy: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) = 11


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Tilstari? Who is Tilstari?" Fearless calls back to the Skum and images.

His eyes go wider as he realizes they are targeting Brother Butterfly. "Careful shapeshifter. They are after you. they know you heal our wounds!"

Raising his crossbow he fires a bolt against the wall near the Skum to help the Mariner.

+1 Hand Crossbow; Covering Fire Aid Another DC 10; PBS; Precise Shot; Aid: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 16

+4 AC to mariner and myself vs Skum.

Status:

HP 28/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire)
Spells: 1st 2/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 1/1


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 4, Init 8

Cats tries again to scratch the creature, then moves away to creature room for Mariner to get out of flank. Will provoke from scaleface.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 slashing damage.

Traveling for the holiday so can’t move on map now, but will move to other side of Mariner.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17
HP: 38/38

[ dice]1d20+9+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS)
[ dice]1d8+3+1[/dice] damage.

Mini Smite: 0/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+4 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+6/+6 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA = +7 damage


As if on cue of a circus act, the Mariner gets thrashed after turning around to give it to another. Staggering from every flavor of pain, he's off-balanced enough for Cats to yank him out of the way and switch places. Once he recovers he goes to work on the Ringie.

sword 2h rage power bull furious: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
dam: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

good catch GM


Cats & Mariner: there is no “other side of the Mariner”. There is a closed door to his right. Cats will need to withdraw past Butterfly to the left (provoking 1 AoO from the Skum) or jump over the railing to the stairs below (Proviking an AoO from both Skum and Faux Pinkie.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Oops, yeah I mistyped in my travel post. Meant to go to the other side of Brother, provoking. Sorry. I blame cats.


OK I'll stay put.


m human AC 17 Perception +12

Pinkie continues his assault on the skum

red destiny,controlled rage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
red destiny,controlled rage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
short sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
gore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
gore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Fearless lays down some covering fire.

AoO vs Cats AC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (4) = 10

Cats swings his blade, missing, and is stabbed and jolted by the Skum’s sparking trident as he steps back to make room for the Mariner.

The Mariner gets out from being flanked and slashes the faux Pinkie in some bloody payback.

The stairway railing offers a little cover, but not enough.

Meanwhile, the real Pinkie lunges forward just as the Skum stumbles and sticks both into the creature’s side.

Calling upon his most powerful prayer, Brother Butterfly restores a good amount of the Mariner’s strength.

Concentration: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
With the battle suddenly uncertain, the Skum growls in pain and anger, incants a spell, passes a claw over its face, and vanishes from sight. A second later the eastern door opens to the rooftop battlements.

Spellcraft DC 17:
The Skum has cast invisibility.

With his ally gone, the faux Pinkie leaps away down the stairs.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO from Mariner: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

INITIATIVE
Skum (-51)
DoppelPinkie (-33)
Fearless (28/34) *Aid
Cats (28/38)
The Mariner (31/71 - Raging 41/81) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48 - Raging) *Shield other
Brother Butterfly (44/46)

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing the enemy flee, and knowing that we are in greater need of substantial healing, Brother calls for strategy and caution.

Watchmen, we have dispersed the enemy. We will harry them from hallway to hallway. They can not escape our justice. The Skum can not possibly walk out of this Fort and flee. His life is forfeit, he just doesn't know it yet. The duplicitous people are another problem. Each time we are engaged, it will try to enter behind us- or at the side. We need to assume- at each combat that it will appear. What suggestions do we have to identify the real from the fake? If we tie ropes to each other, we restrict our movements, but it's an effect that it's illusions can't replicate. Cats or Pinkie or Fearless? Does your crafty brains have any ideas? Mariner, your knots idea was great and it told us the extent of it's powers. Good job. We need another stroke of brilliance.

Desna, Grant me wisdom to solve such a trial of logic, but grant us reprieve from our pains in the meantime.
channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6) = 12


Are we out of combat? or is there option give chase.


I have not ended combat initiative. Anything is possible.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless shakes his head. "It is duplicating everything we own or wear. Perhaps some hand signal will do." He looks around, expecting to be jumped again at any moment even more confused than before.

Is the Shapeshifter playing the long game with these spells? Perhaps he overplayed his hand and is trying to get me off his trail."

"The Skum probably just went to report to it's Master."

Delay until everyone is ready to give chase out the eastern door.


"Wah! Where'd they go?!" the Mariner suddenly finds a meatless butchery. He runs down the stairs after the Ringie.

perception : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
double move, does he see where it went+


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Oops, looks like I missed a post in my travels yesterday. Apologies.

Cats would pursue, but seeing that others are not likely to run after the creatures, he opts not to.

"What was up with them Pinkiegangers? That was catting strange," Cats asks as he basks in the warm glow of Brother's light.

When Mariner moves, Cats springs to follow. He sheathes his blade and readies his bow as he double moves.


After a burst of healing energy from Brother Butterfly, the Mariner and Cats run down the stairs to the kitchen below. There is no sight of the other Pinkie, though a door to the east is open.

Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 8
1d8 ⇒ 3

INITIATIVE
Skum (-51)
DoppelPinkie (-33)
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (43/71 - Raging 53/81) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48 - Raging) *Shield other
Fearless (34/34) *Aid


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless reloads his crossbow and follows behind Cats and Mariner. "Let him go! We should deal with her upstairs before she has time to prepare." Fearless calls out as he points back upstairs. "Let the fool flee and live another day."

Reload and move.


Trying to turn his companions from the chase Fearless gives chases himself. Pinkie follows.

Brother Butterfly suddenly finds himself alone upstairs.

Luckily, there is no sign of enemies.

INITIATIVE
Skum (-51)
DoppelPinkie (-33)
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (43/71 - Raging 53/81) *Shield of faith
Pinkie (48/48 - Raging) *Shield other
Fearless (34/34) *Aid

Cats: I think you moved to the wrong side of the stairs, and a little too far for your movement. Stairs take 2/square because they are considered difficult terrain. Because these stairs have a landing at 10 feet you can descend by jumping at normal speed with an acrobatics check vs DC 15.


The Mariner doesn't quite hear what Fearless says through the mist of Red Rage. All he sees is the halfing pointing upstairs, so runs back up like a hunting dog.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Acrobatics

Cats bounds down the stairs and to the open east doors. Single move so far. Might not chase too far.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless delays a moment on the stairs as Mariner turns and barrels past him, though Cats continues on downstairs. He turns his head either way not sure what to do now. "We going up or we going down?"

Delay


The Mariner turns back as Cats presses forward. Fearless stands on the stairs, undecided.

Looking through the eastern door in the kitchen, Cats sees an administrative office. The walls here are almost completely draped with warm, woolen tapestries. A wooden desk decorated with the Ustalavic coat of arms stands near the southern wall, while a small cabinet and chair sit against the northern wall.

Aside from the door to the kitchen the room has two other doors, one leading back to the entrance hall, and another, bearing a mirror, connects to an unexplored room to the east. Both are closed.

Rolls:

Cats Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Cats:

You catch a glimpse of movement in the mirror on the door across the office and see Pinkie’s face watching you from within the reflection.

INITIATIVE
Skum
FauxPinkie
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (43/71 - Raging 53/81) *Shield of faith
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
Pinkie (48/48 - Raging) *Shield other
Fearless (34/34) *Aid

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

When he sees the Mariner, Brother Butterfly speaks a prayer.
Desna, let the Elements be tempered by your influence.

Cast Protection from Elements. Electricity. This is my level 3 domain spell. Lasts 50 minutes.
He then says, Let's not be spread out. Let us connect with the others and form a tight group. People looking every direction. Box Four Formation with Cats on scout.

BB then heads down stairs beconning to Mariner and getting into formation with Pinkie and Fearless.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless moves down the stairs and places a hand on Cat's arm. "We should go. Mariner headed back upstairs and it is too dangerous to split up."

Move and continue to delay.

Status:

HP 34/34
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire)
Spells: 1st 2/4 | 2nd 1/2
Inspiration 0/5
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 2/2


Rolls:

Fearless Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Brother Butterfly and Fearless work to keep the group together...

Pinkie’s horns subside as he releases his rage.

INITIATIVE
Skum
FauxPinkie
Cats (38/38)
The Mariner (43/71 - Raging 53/81) *Shield of faith
Brother Butterfly (46/46)
Pinkie (48/48 - Raging) *Shield other
Fearless (34/34) *Aid

Note to Cats: there is a spoiler for you in my previous post.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
"Fearless" wrote:
"We should go. Mariner headed back upstairs and it is too dangerous to split up."

Cats shakes his head and head bobs Fearless' attention to the mirror.

"That mirror ain't right. That's the cat right there," Cats sends two arrows at the mirror, seeking to break it. He does not believe in superstitions about breaking mirrors or black cats walking in front of people.

1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 damage.

1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18 to hit; (+PBS)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 damage.

"Look and see, Catless. Look!"


Cats’ arrows shatter the mirror, spilling shards of glass onto the floor. Aside from a mess there is no other result.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless peeks in, looks at the mirror and back at Cats. "hard to look when you're breaking the damned thing Cats!" He swats up at the mans arm.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Walking down the steps, moving to get into a defensive formation, and hears the distinctive sound of a mirror smashing.
Who, and more importantly - WHY -is someone smashing a mirror? Mirrors are very important items. It is with a mirror that I so perfectly groom my mustache and pluck all those annoying hairs.
Let us NOT make enemies from mirrors. My sanity rests on the near magical properties of the reflective.

He takes the steps that show Cats with bow out and two arrows right at the pile of glass/mirror shards that have splintered out onto the rug.

On top of that, what a mess?! Don't you have any empathy for the maids that will have to pick out each shard by their delicate digits? Couldn't you have put a trashcan underneath before venting your anger against the grandest of inanimate objects?

While walking by Mariner, he says, Eldersage and gives him a healing.
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Still ready to bite the first thing that moves, the Mariner catapults the stairs onto the floor. Sword and shield in hand, bloodshot eyes, he waits for the command to stand down or bash down a door.

[raging]

3,201 to 3,250 of 5,756 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.