DM Khel's Tower of the Ironwood Watch (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

| DM | Absalom Initiation

Leave yer dots with the fella by the door, please.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Dot.

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

-.. --- -

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

Dash

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

Priest Dot.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

And we're off!

Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch stands before a window in her study, sunlight glittering on her signature emerald garments. She speaks in a deep and sonorous voice, and wastes no time getting to her point.

“First, thank you for gathering here on such short notice. Please have a seat. Once you’ve heard what I have to tell you, I believe you will forgive my enthusiasm.” Gathering her thoughts for a moment, she begins briskly, ”Documents we recovered from our Thassilonian excavations describe an elven fortress on the border between the Mierani Forest and the former Thassilonian province of Cyrusian. Because the borders of the forest have receded in the years since, any remaining ruins must be well outside of the forest as it now stands. As I’m sure you’re aware, the elves of Kyonin typically guard elven historical sites closely, but in this case it seems the elves have lost all record of the site; they don’t even know it exists. Needless to say, this discovery represents an invaluable opportunity for the Society to explore without supervision. Take this map and make your preparations. I want you to reach the tower before news of its discovery reaches any of our rivals.”

Counting off her points on elegant fingers, she lists the tasks to be completed in finding and researching the ruins, “First, verify that the ruin even exists. Assuming there’s still something there, I want a detailed report on the architecture of the site. We don’t gain access to ancient elven ruins often, and this investigation must be thorough. Finally, bring back any surviving artifacts left by the elves who built and occupied the tower.”

She casts a quick glance at the assembled Pathfinders, her eyes widening slightly as if to ask, Why are you still here? With a sigh, she says, ”I suppose you have questions?”

Knowledge (history), DC 20+:
Each of the seven runelords specialized in a different school of arcane magic and an associated sin (divination was considered universal). Xanderghul, the ruler of Cyrusian, was the Runelord of Pride, and his specialty was illusion magic. He claimed to be “first among equals” and while society records state this claim is “difficult to verify,” records indicate he had many resources at his disposal, including— if the legends are to be believed—armies of bound angels.

Knowledge (history), DC 25+:
The runelords never went to war with the elves, likely due to a combination of the elves’ own strength and the runelords’ fear of treachery from their fellows. The elves were isolationists even then, however scholars speculate that there was at least some cultural exchange between the Mierani elves and the Thassilonians, especially in the area of arcane magic.

Once the journey begins, it may be possible to glean worthwhile information from caravans or Velashu riders encountered along the way:

Diplomacy, DC 25+:
Travelers often disappear in the area, and local farmers report that their tools and livestock sometimes go missing on particularly dark nights.

Diplomacy, DC 30+:
A hunter recently spotted a heavily armed group of the elven Shin’Rakorath, also known as “Lantern Bearers,” crossing the uplands as if they were in hot pursuit of their quarry.

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

Hassam is a middle aged Rahadoumi man. He wears exotic leather armor and posses a longspear with an old banner that has the symbol of the open road embroidered with great care on it.

Know History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Hassam listens carefully but gives pause when Shelia rebukes Hassam and his companions without provocation.

After spending a moment to gather his composure he does ask a question "Do the recovered documents contain any info about guardians, or other magics left behind to deter those such as out selves?"

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Liam is a man of mixed heritage. He seems more experienced than his age suggests with his sandy brown hair, scruffy stubble and tattoos on his face. He wears plain clothes with a very expensive looking holy symbol of a mask. "How far is it suppose to be?"

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hrolf is a large ulfen hailing for the frozen north. Although mighty and ponderous in his movements, he carries himself with a grace that belies his bulk. A long dark mane stretches down his back and his beard is tied into a neat pair of twisting braids. Every exposed inch of weathered flesh, aside from his hands and most of his face, are covered in elaborate tattoos in the shapes of beasts. He wears an mithril breastplate across his barreled torso and a worn hide kilt. Across his back is a deadly hunting spear.

"No questions from me", he says after Sheila's finished explaining the mission. "The task is simple enough. Though if we encounter elves on the way in or out, what would you have done with them?"

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Mavarion is a dwarf of average stoutness, with tanned skin, dark clothes, a chain shirt dulled by constant use, and a grey hooded cloak. He wears an interesting headpiece, like a combination of a battle helm and a crown made for a head half again the size of his. The holy scales of Abadar are stitched into the left sleeve of his cloak, one of the few instances of color to be seen, and, as if to further endorse his faith, several crossbows, the chosen weapon of the Master of the First Vault, dangle at his large belt. A backpack full to the brim with many small objects hangs from one shoulder.

"Sounds like a very straightforward mission," he drawls in dulcet tones. "Even if we were to be discovered by the elves, how much would they be likely to mind? After all, they did abandon the place. Finders, winners, I say, we'd be in the right. And as this fine gentleman asked-" he gestures with one arm at Hrolf while bowing his head to the Ulfen man in respectful greeting, "-What do we do if they object? Run? Fight? Another option that eludes my mind as of now?"

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5
Liam Mardon wrote:

"How far is it suppose to be?"

Feel free to make this several days. Hrolf has tattooing to do.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Heidmarch’s impatience fades slightly as it becomes clear the Pathfinders are asking reasonable questions, with the success of the mission in mind, and she answers each one thoughtfully.

”The Velashu Uplands lie some days to the north of us here in Magnimar, not far past Riddleport,” the venture-captain offers, with a nod to Liam.

Turning to Hassam’s question, she continues, "The tower appears as a reference in the journal of an emissary to the elves sent from Xin-Cyrusian. In her journal, the wizard left detailed notes about the tower’s location and mentioned the building’s luxurious accommodations, but no information about defenses. However, similar locations have been warded by magic and guarded by outsiders. I doubt that the elves would design anything that would harm their own kind, but we have not explored enough elven sites to offer more than speculation. I am confident in your skills and training.”

”As to elves,” she replies to Mavarion and Hrolf, ”obviously, we’d prefer not to antagonize them, so ‘fight’ would perhaps not be the first answer to meeting them. But you are veteran Pathfinders, and know the goals of the Society and of this mission. Use your best judg-“ She interrupts herself, considers Mavarion a moment, turns her glance to Hrolf, and then says, looking squarely at Hassam and Liam, ”Use your best judgment in the matter.”

"If you've no further questions..." she says, with a glance at the door, so the party is sure to know where it is.

If there's shopping you want to do, just let me know.

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

Hassam will nod in respect to Ms. Heidmarch and makes his way to the door.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Assuming no one has more questions, I'll move us along. If you want to ask more or buy something, we'll retcon a bit.

The journey north spans several rather pleasant days, along the coast road by the Varisian Gulf, with a stop in Sandpoint for a quick meal before heading through the Churlwood. A night in Riddleport offers the last taste of civilization - if it can be called that - before setting out for the Velashu Uplands. After a day and a night of travel on the empty plains, the Pathfinders arrive at the location described in the ancient journal. Where the tower once stood, all that is visible is a lump of weathered stone protruding from a low hill. A small, cave-like opening can be seen on the southern face.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

"We're good, thanks." Liam follows the party out the door.

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

Hassam speaks "We should be prepared for a variety of dangers, among other things I can now understand and speak Elven, any magical guardians or defenses are more likely to be swayed by the elven tongue."

Once arriving at the entrance Hassam will cast heroism and tongues on himself.
80m each

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

When the group gets to the entrance, Liam will also cast some preparatory spells on himself and members of the group. Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Protection From Energy(Fire), Defending Bone, and Heroism on myself. Heroism and Stoneskin on Hrolf and Mavarion. Mage Armor, Defending Bone, and False Life will last 9 hours. Everything else will last 90 minutes

False Life: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

During the trip, using an elaborate series of mirrors, Hrolf tattoos a pair of majestic eagle's wings along his meaty shoulders.

***

Arriving at the tower, Hrolf joins in the spellcasting fun. Working through the party's ranks he touches each of his companions, thickening their skin. He offers Hassam a plain platinum ring.

Barkskin (+3 natural armor for 80 minutes) for everyone. Shield other on Hassam for 8 hours. Hassam, keep in mind the 45 foot leash.

Once he's done he touches an elaborate tattoo of a mongoose along his collarbone. The tattoo pulls away from the northerner's skin becoming a living thing of flesh, blood, and sleek dark fur. Activating tattooed familiar.

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

Hassam nods in thanks understanding the serious risk Hrolf is taking on his behalf.

Hassam fully unfurls the banner and firmly grasps his spear in both hands.

"All ready?" he asks his companions.

It's in my header but as a reminder Pathfinders within 30 feet of Hassam get a +2 Morale on Attack/Damage/Saves vs Fear&Charm

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hrolf levels his spear and lines up behind the bard. "Lead the way."

And at some point in the morning of that day, Hrolf eviscerated a couple mice and read their entrails. Don't worry, he washed his hand thoroughly afterward.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

After a flurry of spellcasting worthy of the Runelords whose land once bordered this tower, the Pathfinders enter the ruin. What at first looked like a cave reveals itself as the foundation of an ancient building. Crumbling stone walls, their blocks blanketed in moisture trails and weeds, slowly give way to the soil of the surrounding plains. The ceiling is partially open to the sky, and beneath its limited shelter shards of fallen stone litter compete for space with small mushrooms and other fungi that grow out of the spiderweb pattern of cracks in the floor. Against the chamber’s northern wall, the remains of a door made from petrified wood lies open, barely clinging to the door frame with nearly disintegrated hinges.

Perception or Survival, DC 20:
A single footprint, left by a slender, booted foot, is visible in the dirt on the floor.

Map is linked above my avatar, where it says 'Maps & Handouts'

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Mavarion cordially thanks Liam for the offensive and defensive spells he casts upon the dwarf. "You won't regret it, I'll deal with anything foolish enough to stand in our way." It raises the question, however, how he is to do this. He has thus far exhibited no signs of magical talent, and does not look particularly strong, although he seems slightly lighter on his feet than the average human or dwarf. "Yes, this is certainly a wreck if I've ever seen one," he remarks cheerily, looking about on the tips of his toes for anything unusual.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

"Look, fellows! This will doubtless liven things up. Someone has been here recently, could still be." He indicates the footprint and unhooks a crossbow from his belt.

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hey! Hrolf buffed you too!

"Stay on your toes. We don't know who they are or where their loyalties lie."

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Apologies, did not notice that.

Mavarion also thanks Hrolf beforehand, watching the ritual evisceration of the mice with curiosity.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

"You are a strange one, Hrolf."


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Not much else to see in this room, so on to the next...

Stone walls stretch between three rounded turrets to form a vaguely triangular central room. Long forgotten elven heroes bearing swords and hunting hawks stand proudly immortalized as marble statues, silently guarding the shadowed alcoves between the towers. A damp, earthy smell rises from the carpet of moss and small fungi that covers the floor.

As the party enters the room, a loud voice fills the space, "Dresbaswyr wedi mynd i mewn i'r tŵr."

Elven:
“Intruders have entered the tower.”

Will saves please! This is an enchantment effect, if it matters for your save.

DM Screen:
Hassam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hrolf: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Liam: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Mavarion: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Using one of my natural divinations.

Will (heroism, divination): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 4 = 18

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

I assume this is a spell or spell-like ability, so...

Will, Heroism, Hardy Bonuses: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 5 = 30

"What just happened, who just said that, what did they say?" Mavarion shouts. "Show yourself!"

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

perception: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Hassam translates with the help of his tongues spell. "It called us intruders, if anybody's nearby I'm sure they heard it.. we might want to prepare for trouble."


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The eyes of the statues flash briefly as the loud message ends. As Mavarion asks what has just happened, Hrolf’s massive form slumps to the floor, where he begins snoring gently.

Long busy day today (if all goes as planned I’ll end up dressed in a hazmat suit climbing on top of a tank car, hoping the rain holds off), so may not get a post up until late.

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

Color me glad I don't have your job, GM.

"Huh, that's strange. Hrolf? Hrolf, buddy? Wake up, ya big galoot! This is exactly why I don't always trust elves..."

If there are no enemies in evidence yet, Mavarion will use a standard action to try and wake Hrolf up.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

"Now's not the time to sleep. We got work to do."

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

ZZzzzzZzzzZZz....

Is Mavarion able to wake me up?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

DM Screen:
1d4 ⇒ 4

Initiative:
Hassam: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Hrolf: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Liam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Mavarion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Things: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Mavarion is able to wake Hrolf without difficulty, though he does have to take care to avoid the sharp teeth of the Ulfen’s mongoose friend. The little creature is clearly puzzled by its master’s unexpected nap and eyes the dwarf suspiciously as he shakes Hrolf’s shoulder. As Hrolf stirs and climbs to his feet, however, an odd sort of skittering sound can be heard from the eastern door, and three bizarre plant-things enter the room! These strange creatures walk on four spidery stalks and wave long green tendrils in the air as if questing for food. At the top of the plant sits an inverted bell-shaped cap, a sort of primitive flower, filled with spores.

Knowledge (nature) or (planes) to identify these things.

Round 1 Initiative:
Hassam
Plant Things
Mavarion
Liam
Hrolf

Hassam is up!

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

know planes: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

"Come Pathfinders, the danger is now"

Hassam will inspire courage and cast haste as his longspear begins glowing as he lowers it, threatening the plant creatures.

Hassam also begins spreading out in case he needs room.

Std: haste, Mv: inspire courage, Swft: arcane strike, Free: 5ft step

Potential Reach AoO:

Stabbity: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 19 - 2 = 33
damage: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

BAB 6 + Str 5 + Weapon 2 + Flagbearer 2 + Courage 3 + Haste 1 - PA 2 = 17
Damage: Weapon 2 + Str (5) 7 + Flagbearer 2 + Courage 3 + PA 6 + Arcane Strike 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

Planes: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Hassam - please make a caster level check. More post to follow.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

DM Screen:
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Hassam has no notion what these things are. Liam is not able to identify what they started out as, but is quite sure they are corrupted with the taint of demons!

Since this knowledge only alters the base creature, I'll give you all the info on that alteration: their infernal nature gives them SR, DR/good and resistance to cold and fire.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Going to roll for Hassam to keep us moving: Hassam’s CL check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Hassam’s fingers move deftly through the motions to cast his spell, and he feels the magical energies build as he expects, but the power seems to just fizzle out rather than granting his companions magical speed. Spell is lost.

The bizarre plants move forward, the yellow-petaled one getting cut badly by Hassam’s attack! Hassam notes that the cut seems to mend itself quickly, a gooey sap filling in the wound and knitting it back together. The creatures then lash out with their tendrils!

Yellow slam attack vs Hassam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 If this hits, please make a DC 16 Fort save or take Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Green slam attack vs Hassam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 If this hits, please make a DC 16 Fort save or take Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Pink slam attack vs Hrolf: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 If this hits, please make a DC 16 Fort save or take Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Yellow crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Pink crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Round 1 Initiative (rearranged):
Plant Things (Y: -23)
Mavarion
Liam
Hrolf
(Top of round 2:)
Hassam

Pathfinders are go!

I moved the party into the room a bit more, since I realized I had kind of jammed you all in the doorway. Also, until I tell you otherwise, if you attempt to cast a spell, please make a DC 21 caster level check.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

"These plants are from the depths of hell. Use holy weapons. But for now, I grant you Razmir's Blessing of Fervor!"

CL check DC21: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Everyone is hasted! +1 AT/AC/Ref, +30 speed, +1 extra attack on full attack.

Grand Lodge

Force Ward/Active Conditions/Burn:
Burn: 5/8 | Force Ward 9/31, regenerates 3/minute, Internal Buffer 0/2, Fort 25%, Active Conditions: None
M Dwarf Telekineticist 11 | HP 97/134 (55 nonlethal) | AC 26/17/17 | F +14, R +15, W +8 (+5 Hardy, +2 vs. dragons) | CMD 26 | Init +6 | Perc +17

"Great, more beasts from hell," Mavarion grumbles, hopping back. "Still giant plants, and no use wasting a crossbow bolt on a being without style...Watch out, Hassam!" With that, he fishes a rock out of his pocket and flings it, with uncanny speed and strength for such a being, at the middle plant!

Empowered Telekinetic Blast, PBS, Heroism, Haste vs. Green: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 36
Confirmation: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Damage, non-crit, bludgeoning: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 2) + 15 = 31
If it doesn't crit, 39 total damage, as it is empowered.

Damage, crit, bludgeoning: 8d6 + 30 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 3, 6, 5, 4, 6) + 30 = 70
90 damage total on a crit. Woo!


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Liam manages to overcome whatever is suppressing magic at the moment, and Mavarion sends a single sling stone crashing clean through the pod at the top of the green-fringed creature! A burst of spores floats into the air from its bell-like top and the plant-thing drops to the ground, tendrils twitching madly for a long moment before it goes still.

Nice shot, Mavarion! Two left.

Hrolf and Hassam are up!

Grand Lodge

M Ulfen Oracle/Tattooed Mystic 8 [ HP 53/69 (0 NL) | AC 23 (26 with barkskin, 28 vs the first 3 attacks per turn) Tch 15 FF 19 | Fort +9 Ref +4 Will +8 | CMD 32 | Init -2 | Perc +8 | Effects: barkskin, stoneskin (43 stoneskin down), heroism, shield other]
Resources:
Mammoth Hide 7/7 | Divination 0/2 | 1st 7/7 | 2nd 6/7 | 3rd 5/5

Hrolf took 12 of Hassam's damage.

Fort: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22

Hrolf retreats a step and scoops up his dropped spear. Wary of the strange plant-creatures' toothy maw he jabs at one before it can bite him again.

Stab (haste, heroism, inspire): 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 6 + 3 = 26


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Hrolf pierces the pink-petaled plant! The hole made in it partially closes, but he's clearly done it some harm.

Hassam to start off round 2.

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Hassam staggers for a moment from the force of the blow, glad to have Hrolf taking some of the pain.

Hassam repositions himself as he magically infuses his weapon and takes a trio of stabs, starting with yellow.

Stabbity: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 19 - 2 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25

Haste Stab: 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 19 - 2 = 34
damage: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

Iterative Stab: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 2 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

not breaking DR


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The yellow-petaled plantoid stiffens its tendrils a moment, but does not attack with them. Instead, its bell-like cap expands for a moment, then contracts quickly, as if it had inflated its cheeks and blown something out! A nearly invisible cloud of fine dust – or perhaps spores – floats down on a broad area around it, entering the mouths, noses, and even the minds, of the Pathfinders.

DC 16 Fort save or 1d6 ⇒ 1 hallucinate that you're sinking in quicksand! Fall prone and spend 1 round flailing your arms and legs as if trying to swim.

At the same moment, the pink-tinged monster takes a skittering step towards Liam and beats him with its tendrils!

Pink slam attack vs Liam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 If this hits, please make a DC 16 Fort save or take Con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Round 2:
Plant Things (Y: -60, P: -21)
Mavarion
Liam
Hrolf
(Top of round 3:)
Hassam

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility, Heroism)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 0/8 4th 2/7 5th 4/4

After False Life, I take 2

Fort vs spores: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Fort vs poison: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"You will regret that." Liam effortlessly concentrates and lets out a stream of lightning at both plants

CL check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Or rather tries to, as Razmir is a fickle god. He giveth and he taketh away. "On second thought, I regret this.."

Scarab Sages

Bard 9 HP 90/90 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +7 | CMD 23 | Init +13 | Perc +2 | +4 DC to cast defensively if threatened by Hassam | BANNER +2,
Resources:
BP (18/24) | S 1(6/6) 2(3/4) 3(2/5)

fort vs quicksand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

poison save?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Hassam screams as he falls to the groud "QUICK SANDDDDD!"

1 to 50 of 266 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Tower of the Ironwood Watch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.