DM Kaavek’s Scales of War

Game Master Kaavek

Battle Map
Loot List


51 to 100 of 1,015 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Battle Map Female Human Bard (Sound Striker) || HP: 6/10 || AC: 18 |14 |14 || For: +1 | Ref: +6 | Wil: +1 || CMB: +6 CMD: 15 || Perception: +3 || Bardic Performance 1/7 Rounds Remaining ||

Completing her Sleep spell, Cecilia unleashes her magic. She targets the trio of creatures currently assaulting Javos, trying to put at least a couple of them out of the fight.

Will Save Vs Hobogoblin (Purple) DC 14: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Will Save Vs Goblin Warrior (Red) DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 9

The two goblins collapse, falling asleep on the tavern floor (though one might have instead fallen from Javos' blade, it was difficult to tell in such a chaotic battle). But the hobogoblin was somehow able to resist the spell, continuing to fight. Deciding that she would let her allies take care of that particular foe, Cecilia dashes over to the bar, sliding across the wooden bench. She extends a gloved hand, calling to the one woman still trapped in the corner of the room. The bard didn't want to go any closer to that fire than she had to, not when she was already so close to breaking out in a sweat. But she couldn't just leave someone to burn alive. A true hero saved innocents, even when it was inconvenient to themselves.

"Take my hand! Quickly, before the fire spreads further!" Cecilia calls out.

Standard Action: Finish casting Sleep spell , Move Action: Advance 20 Feet, moving over to behind the bar.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

The big dragonborn frowns slightly at the spreading flame, as if at a mild annoyance as he continues his steady advance. Casually, Kra'el takes a heavy swing behind the hobgoblin, at the fire-starter there, cutting the creature down. His voice booms out.

"We need to contain the fire or clear the building. Dispatch these quickly."

Move Action: Move. Standard Action: Power Attack at the goblin with fire, hitting AC 22 for 10 damage.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Elf Slayer 1. Hp 11/12. AC15. F +3, R + 5. W + 1. Init + 4. Perception + 8. Portrait

Can you put the map link up up, it gets confusing having to page back to find it.

Deciding that with everybody piling onto the attackers she could serve elsewhere Jathal picks up a mug from the table, sniffs it to ensure it's ale not whiskey or brandy, and dowses the flames nearest to her.

Jathal is doing some fire snuffing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Town Map Female Human Sharper Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 5/10 | CMB 1 / CMD 14 | AC 15 / T 13 / FF 12 | Fort +1 / Ref +5 / Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Active Effects: None

If you want, you can add the map link to your own character's information line if you add a url tag before the Gender line on your alias (or on the race or classes line if you don't want it first). It doesn't link *directly* to the map like you can do with Google slides, because Roll20 doesn't work that way, but it will get you to the game page where you can launch the map. I do this in most of my games because I agree with you... frustrating to have to page back or scroll around to find the map. This way you just have to preview your own message and the link is there.


Battle Map Female Human Bard (Sound Striker) || HP: 6/10 || AC: 18 |14 |14 || For: +1 | Ref: +6 | Wil: +1 || CMB: +6 CMD: 15 || Perception: +3 || Bardic Performance 1/7 Rounds Remaining ||

Because I was silly and didn't realise you couldn't edit your posts after an hour

Climb Skill Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Unfortunately, while attempting to clamber over the bar, Cecilia's red cape snags on a protruding nail, yanking her back at the last possible second. Unable to climb over to the other side, the bard still calls out to the woman trapped between the goblin and the fire, extending a hand, though from significantly further away.


Tiefling Arcanist (School Savant) 1
Crunch:
HP 8/8 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMD -1 | FORT +1 REF +3 WILL +3 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60’ Perc. +2 | Resist cold , elect, & fire 5

Din had started to stretch a hand out to the woman near the now dazed goblin when a different part if the tavern caught fire. ”біз түсінеміз! Ол саған ұнайды afo!” He used the Infernal word for “fire.” An artistic choice, of course.

If keg of ale was placed on bartop by barkeeper:
Lady Hawthorne attempting to slide across the bartop brought his attention to the barrel of ale the barkeep had set up. Din grinned and opened the tap, letting the ale flow down into the flames.

If keg of ale was not placed on bartop by barkeeper:
Din grimaced and thought, Sometimes I really hate being so amazing.
He hustled through the flames, shooing the fire away to keep from catching fire. once on the other side he held a hand out to the woman, ”Time to go!”

Reflex avoid catching fire: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Goblin:
We understand! You like
infernal:
fire

I haven't moved my token because I'm not sure which action is going to occur.


There is indeed a keg of ale on the bartop.


COMBAT ROUND 4
Battle Map

Vital Statistics:

Goblin Warrior (dark blue): HP 6/6; AC/T/FF 17/14/14; Fort/Ref/Will +2/+3/+0; vs Feint DC 11
Goblin Warrior (purple): HP 6/6; AC/T/FF 17/14/14; Fort/Ref/Will +2/+3/+0; vs Feint DC 11
Hobgoblin (blue): HP 8/17; AC/T/FF 16/12/14; Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+1; vs Feint DC 12
Hobgoblin (purple): HP 17/17; AC/T/FF 16/12/14; Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+1; vs Feint DC 12

Aelion fires an arrow at the goblin in green, who snaps out of his dazed state, barreling past two more goblin intruders as he flees the tavern, his morale broken. Nearby, Dinvirte puts out one of the fires by dousing it with ale. While on the other side of the tavern Jathal smothers some more of the flames, leaving only one blaze still burning. The woman trapped near the bar now has a clear path around to Cecilia and clambers to safety, while some of the last remaining patrons also flee, including, to Aelion's relief, the gamblers.

A fearsome melee rages on in the front of the tavern, where the hobgoblin in blue retaliates against Kra’el, his masterwork blade still not enough to penetrate the dragonborn's breastplate. Meanwhile the hobgoblin in purple trades blows with Javos but both fail to land a solid hit.
The two new comers arrive with bows drawn and target the nearest spell-casters. The goblin in the dark blue sends an arrow over Dayana's head, while the one in the purple cap lands a hit in Dinvirte's shoulder (4 Damage).

Active Effects:
The central fireplace and numerous lanterns bathe the tavern in normal light.

The Hobgoblin in purple is marked by Dayana’s Evil Eye. Attack rolls reduced by 2, for 7 rounds. It has also been challenged by Javos (Others gain + 1 attack Javos gains +1 AC against its attacks).

Behind the DM Screen:

NPC Statistics:
Barkeep: HP 23/23; AC/T/FF 13/10/13; Fort/Ref/Will +5/+1/+6; vs Feint DC 20
Farmers: HP 10/10; AC/T/FF 10/10/10; Fort/Ref/Will +1/+0/+3; vs Feint DC 11
Initiative Order: Goblins, Party, Townsfolk
~~~
Javos Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Javos Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

HB: Mwk Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
HB: Mwk Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

HP: Mwk Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
HP: Mwk Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

GWB: Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
GWB: Shortbow Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

GWP: Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
GWP: Shortbow Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Fire Spread (1): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Fire Spread (2): 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male HP: 6/12 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) | CMB: +3 CMD: 20 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perception +5 Portrait Speed 20 ft. | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1

Twisting with the first hit he winced and barely had time to lean away from the next strike that screamed off his breastplate "This is getting ridiculous!"

Bracing the sword in his hands he stepped in to engage the Hobgoblin in tighter quarters, "Come get your throat cut you ugly sod!" Swinging the sword around he swung hard across the front to try and strike the Hobgoblin as hard as he could.

Attack Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Swinging wide he missed almost by a mile before righting himself, "Seems I'll be fanning this one to death..."

Swift Action: Challenge (everyone gets +1 attack on purple Hobgoblin/I get +1 AC on his attacks and -2AC from other sources until he's dead or combat is over).
Standard Action: Swing, Batter-batter!


Female Changeling Witch 1 | 7/7 HP | AC 17, T 12, FF 15, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +6 | Senses; Darkvision 60ft., Perception +0 (+2 when in arm's reach of familiar) | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Dayana flinches and yelps as an arrow flies over her head, but she is lucky enough that the goblin has poor aim. The changeling continues her brave quest to stare ominously and curse each and every goblin in the tavern, however, setting one hand against the table in front of her to steady herself as a hex is woven over the Blue Hobgoblin.

Will Save vs. Evil Eye: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 • Hobgoblin (Blue) has their AC reduced by 2, down to 14 for the next 7 rounds


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

Kra'el steps behind the hobgoblin in front of him and takes another heavy swing, his blade going wide. Scowling with frustration at his inability to dispatch his foes efficiently, the Dragonborn turns and roars at the goblin archer in the purple cap.

The echo of his terrible roar still echoing in the tavern, Kra'el speaks quietly. "Твое время придет."

Goblin:
"Your time will come."

Free Action: 5 ft. step. Standard Action: Attack Blue Hobgoblin. Swift Action: Use my Omen trait to demoralize the Goblin Archer in Purple.

Longsword Power Attack, Flanking: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 7
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Intimidate to Demoralize: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Map Town Map Female Human Sharper Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 5/10 | CMB 1 / CMD 14 | AC 15 / T 13 / FF 12 | Fort +1 / Ref +5 / Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Active Effects: None

Zalindra shoots at the hobgoblin in blue.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Elf Slayer 1. Hp 11/12. AC15. F +3, R + 5. W + 1. Init + 4. Perception + 8. Portrait

Jathal moves forward again, drawing another arrow and shooting at the Goblin wearing the natty Purple cap.

Longbow + PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Her shot thudding into the door frame.

What is up with the dice roller?


Female Dwarf Warpriest 1 HP: 11/13 |AC: 16 (20) (tch 10, ff 16) | CMB: 0, CMD 12 (16) | F: +5 R: +0 W: +5 | Init +0 | Perc: +4, darkvision | Spd: 20ft. | Active Conditions: None |

Ingra is slightly surprised that her attack garnered no counter, but shrugged it off.

"Well then, how about round number 2?"

She swings again, only just hitting her opponent after remembering how much she hates them.

She practically cleaves the hobgoblin open, though her accuracy is only just enough the damage is severe.

"Ya really should've countered." she says over the dead body of the goblinoid.

She surveys the battlefield that the bar has become.

"So who's next?"

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 +1 hatred, 2 flanking?
Damage Roll: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15 +1 hatred

Standard action: Attack hobgoblin (blue). Hopefully with a flanking bonus to hit.


Battle map, Town map elf unchained monk (zen archer) 1 || hps:5/10 || AC: 15|15|14 || For:+2 | Ref:+4 | Wil:+4 || Per:+10 low-light vision, Init:+1, CMD:14 || Portrait

As the other hobgoblin fell, Aelion glanced about quickly for more firestarting goblins or noncombatants in danger. Seeing none, he took aim at the hobgoblin facing Javos.

shortbow flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6
dmg 1: 1d6 ⇒ 2

shortbow flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
dmg 2: 1d6 ⇒ 4

shortbow flurry 2 confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
dmg 2: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

His first shot ricocheted off the hobgoblin's armored arm, but that only served to punch it out of the way of his next arrow, which sank into the creature's armpit.

Flurry vs the purple hobgoblin.


Tiefling Arcanist (School Savant) 1
Crunch:
HP 8/8 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMD -1 | FORT +1 REF +3 WILL +3 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60’ Perc. +2 | Resist cold , elect, & fire 5

Searing pain shot down Din’s arm as the arrow bit deep, distracting him from his momentary joy of quenching one of the flames.

”What did I ever do to you?!” he shouted at the purple-clad hob.

Din did some quick mental calculations involving magic and its effect on sub zero temperatures. He took a step forward and shot a beam of cold air at the hob in purple.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
12 Touch AC

Suddenly realizing his own proximity to that same hob who was still holding a bow, Din dropped prone next to the table. Move:5’ step, Standard: Cast spell, Free: Drop prone +4 AC vs ranged attacks.


Battle Map Female Human Bard (Sound Striker) || HP: 6/10 || AC: 18 |14 |14 || For: +1 | Ref: +6 | Wil: +1 || CMB: +6 CMD: 15 || Perception: +3 || Bardic Performance 1/7 Rounds Remaining ||

With the fire extinguished, Cecilia was free to continue her advance towards the main entrance. All of the goblins seemed to be coming from that direction, and she was eager to prove herself against their might.

With a crack of her crimson whip, the bard attempted to trip the hobgoblin that was giving Javos so much trouble.

Trip Attempt Vs Hobgoblin (Purple) CMD 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Includes +1 on Attack Roles from Javos' Challenge

But the brute was surprisingly light on his feet, easily avoiding the grasp of her weapon. Raising an eyebrow, Cecilia retracted her whip, ready to try again.

Move Action: Move 20 Feet , Standard Action: Trip Combat Maneuver against Hobgoblin (Purple)


Male HP: 6/12 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) | CMB: +3 CMD: 20 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perception +5 Portrait Speed 20 ft. | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1

Parrying the swing from the Hobgoblin he ducked one arrow and saw the other sink into the brute's side under his sword arm. With a laugh he stepped in a wide circle as the whip crack caused the Hobgoblin to hop over the attack, "That's the spirit!"

Bringing the blade around he used the moment of distraction to take a swing at the off-balance Hobgoblin.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Being parried wide he growled just a little, "Giant armored cockroaches!"

Standard: Swing and a miss again! At this pace I'll put the fire out at least.


COMBAT ROUND 5
Battle Map

Vital Statistics:

Goblin Warrior (blue): HP 6/6; AC/T/FF 17/14/14; Fort/Ref/Will +2/+3/+0; CMD 13 vs Feint DC 11
Goblin Warrior (purple): HP 6/6; AC/T/FF 17/14/14; Fort/Ref/Will +2/+3/+0; CMD 13; vs Feint DC 11
Hobgoblin (purple): HP 11/17; AC/T/FF 16/12/14; Fort/Ref/Will +5/+2/+1; CMD 15; vs Feint DC 12

The heroes continue their mighty defence of the tavern, cutting down one of the hobgoblins so viciously that the goblin in the blue cap, already shaken by Kra’el’s threat seems to re-evaluate the choices that led it here and it immediately turns and runs through the doorway back into the street.

Hobgoblin in purple continues trading blows with Javos. While the goblin in purple changes focus to shoot Cecilia (2 Damage).

Active Effects:
The central fireplace and numerous lanterns bathe the tavern in normal light.

The Hobgoblin in purple is marked by Dayana’s Evil Eye. Their attack rolls are reduced by 2, for 6 rounds. It has also been challenged by Javos (Others gain + 1 attack Javos gains +1 AC against its attacks).

Behind the DM Screen:

NPC Statistics:
Barkeep: HP 23/23; AC/T/FF 13/10/13; Fort/Ref/Will +5/+1/+6; vs Feint DC 20
Farmers: HP 10/10; AC/T/FF 10/10/10; Fort/Ref/Will +1/+0/+3; vs Feint DC 11
Initiative Order: Goblins, Party, Townsfolk
~~~

HP: Mwk Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
HP: Mwk Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

GWP: Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23
GWP: Shortbow Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Critical Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Fire Spread (1): 1d8 ⇒ 3
Fire Spread (2): 1d8 ⇒ 2
Fire Spread (3): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Fire Spread (4): 1d8 ⇒ 1


Map Town Map Female Human Sharper Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 5/10 | CMB 1 / CMD 14 | AC 15 / T 13 / FF 12 | Fort +1 / Ref +5 / Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Active Effects: None

Zalindra notices that the chair next to the table she is standing on has started to burn, and she takes the round to empty her waterskin onto it, trying to make sure the fire doesn't spread to her table.

She had never really wanted to be a cleric, but she had seen one create water out of the air once, and at this moment, she almost wished that she had felt such a calling, since that ability would be immensely valuable right about now.


Female Elf Slayer 1. Hp 11/12. AC15. F +3, R + 5. W + 1. Init + 4. Perception + 8. Portrait

Jathal again punishes her ancestral enemy, the door frame takes another arrow.

Longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Elven:

"You don't have a mother! A pig farted and you fell out."

Jathal isn't pleased by her archery in this chaotic environment.


Female Changeling Witch 1 | 7/7 HP | AC 17, T 12, FF 15, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +6 | Senses; Darkvision 60ft., Perception +0 (+2 when in arm's reach of familiar) | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Muttering under her breath about how she couldn't believe any of this was happening, Dayana resurveys the status of the fight in the tavern before selecting the next target of her hexing; a look of steely resolve rooting itself in her gaze as it passes over the hideous creatures attacking Brindol.

"Finish off the big ones!" she barks over the din of combat. The words have scarcely left her lips before she is weaving a second hex over the Purple Hobgoblin, weakening his defenses with the minor curse.

Will Save vs. Evil Eye: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 • He passes! Sadly for him, it's only a Partial save and his AC is still reduced by 2, down to 14 for 1 round. He still has those -2 to Attacks for that Evil Eye's full duration though.

— and blinks in dull surprise as she finishes the hex only for the strands of magic binding it in place to begin rapidly unraveling under the willpower of the brutish creature.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

Not really sure how a woman standing there glaring at enemies while everyone else fights has the authority to give orders, Kra'el shrugs and follows them anyway. They were good orders. He could talk to her about her otherwise contribution to the battle later.

Taking a couple steps, the dragonborn cleaves the hobgoblin nearly in two with a mighty swing.

Now here is a dragonborn who is qualified to give orders.

"Elf! Go see if there are more outside. Do not reveal yourself." He is very non-specific as to which elf. If there are more outside, there are other townsfolk who are very likely unable to save themselves. Kra'el hadn't run into too many townsfolk who he expected to prove him wrong about this.

Move Action: Move 10'. Standard Action: Power Attack the Purple Hobgoblin for 22 damage.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Longsword Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Extra Crit Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

I put red Xs on the dead guys.


Battle Map Female Human Bard (Sound Striker) || HP: 6/10 || AC: 18 |14 |14 || For: +1 | Ref: +6 | Wil: +1 || CMB: +6 CMD: 15 || Perception: +3 || Bardic Performance 1/7 Rounds Remaining ||

Cecilia hissed as the arrow struck her in the arm. It might have only been a flesh wound, but it was still more pain than she was used to dealing with.

Emboldened both by Javos' enthusiasm and Kra'el's brutality, the bard attacked the goblin archer with her crimson whip, determined to bring the creature low.

Trip Attempt Vs Goblin Warrior (Purple) CMD 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind." Cecilia shouted as she yanked the goblin's feet out from under him, tipping her hat to the creature as it fell flat on its own ugly nose. Carefully stepping over the goblin she had put to sleep earlier, she walked over to the enemy that had wounded her, her weapon ready for another strike.

"Don't get up..." She threatened. Although to be honest she wasn't sure if these creatures could even speak Common.

Standard Action: Trip Combat Maneuver against Goblin Warrior (Purple) , Move Action: Move 15 Feet


Battle map, Town map elf unchained monk (zen archer) 1 || hps:5/10 || AC: 15|15|14 || For:+2 | Ref:+4 | Wil:+4 || Per:+10 low-light vision, Init:+1, CMD:14 || Portrait

"I think it is fair to assume that these goblins would not assault the tavern alone," Aelion told the dragonborn dryly. Nonetheless, he moved toward the door, pausing only to dump ale on another blaze.

There was little hope that they could prevent the building from catching fire, and less that the buildings around them weren't already on fire as well, but there was no harm in trying.

Move toward the door, ME: dump ale on fire


Tiefling Arcanist (School Savant) 1
Crunch:
HP 8/8 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMD -1 | FORT +1 REF +3 WILL +3 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60’ Perc. +2 | Resist cold , elect, & fire 5

Between the shuffling feet, Din locked eyes with the goblin Cecilia tripped. He pointed at Cecilia and mouthed, ”’Тұрмаңыз.’’

Goblin:
”Don't get up.”

Din climbed to his feet, thankful no more arrows would be piercing his delicate hide and stifled a chuckle as Kra’el commanded the elf...elves...elfes?
He had expected Kra’el to start issuing out orders in that robotically, menacing way of pushing forward but, Din tried to look at the dangers at the moment.

He turned to the man behind the bar, ”Kegs to put out that fire before it takes this building and the ones next to it!”

Move:Stand


Female Dwarf Warpriest 1 HP: 11/13 |AC: 16 (20) (tch 10, ff 16) | CMB: 0, CMD 12 (16) | F: +5 R: +0 W: +5 | Init +0 | Perc: +4, darkvision | Spd: 20ft. | Active Conditions: None |

Ingra turns to face the flames at her back.

"Honestly, all you casters and none of ya' can dose a fire?! I'm a dwarf and I know ya' need water ta' live!"

She focus at a point above the burning table, balancing her greatsword with one hand and signing with the other wording the spell.

Free Action: Gain a free hand. Standard Action: Casting Create Water


Map Town Map Female Human Sharper Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 5/10 | CMB 1 / CMD 14 | AC 15 / T 13 / FF 12 | Fort +1 / Ref +5 / Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Active Effects: None

Thank you, friend dwarf!


COMBAT ROUND 6
Battle Map

As the fire rages through the north-east corner of the tavern, the two hobgoblins are cut down and the last of the intruders are subdued. Behind Zalindra, one of the tavern's side windows is smashed in, and the face of one of the patrons appears. His eyes are desperate as he hefts a bucket of water toward those inside. "Here! Quick!"
Some of the townsfolk appear to have rallied together and formed a bucket brigade between the Antler and Thistle and a nearby well. More former patrons arrive back through the rear door to complete the chain if there are any gaps.

Active Effects:
The central fireplace and numerous lanterns bathe the tavern in normal light.

Behind the DM Screen:

Fire Spread (1): 1d8 ⇒ 5
Fire Spread (2): 1d8 ⇒ 1
Fire Spread (3): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Fire Spread (4): 1d8 ⇒ 6
Fire Spread (5): 1d8 ⇒ 8
Fire Spread (6): 1d8 ⇒ 7


Female Dwarf Warpriest 1 HP: 11/13 |AC: 16 (20) (tch 10, ff 16) | CMB: 0, CMD 12 (16) | F: +5 R: +0 W: +5 | Init +0 | Perc: +4, darkvision | Spd: 20ft. | Active Conditions: None |

Ingra finishes her incantation and 2 gallons of water pour down from just above the table flowing into the surrounding area.

Leaving the remaining goblins to the others, she continues chanting to keep up the water.

She side steps to avoid the flames encroaching on her, and focuses her magic to the centre of the blaze.

"Getting a bit warm in here."

Movement: 5ft step. Standard Action: Casting Create Water


Female Elf Slayer 1. Hp 11/12. AC15. F +3, R + 5. W + 1. Init + 4. Perception + 8. Portrait

Jathal moves over to the window and takes the bucket. She places it on the table beside Zalinda and reaches out to take the next bucket when it comes. "Keep them coming." She states to the man.

We can't let the booze be lost!


Female Changeling Witch 1 | 7/7 HP | AC 17, T 12, FF 15, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +6 | Senses; Darkvision 60ft., Perception +0 (+2 when in arm's reach of familiar) | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Dayana brushes her dark hair behind her ears, a sheen of sweat beginning to trickle down her face as the tavern grows hotter and smokier with the rapidly spreading fire. She darts across the room to stand behind Jathal, leaning slightly to the side to shout an addition to Jathal's statement at the brigade outside, "As many buckets—" cough, cough "—as you can find!"

She looks like she'd be ready to help pass the buckets through the tavern, once she catches her breath.


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

The big dragonborn frowns at the fire and calmly walks out the door.

Buildings can be rebuilt. People cannot.

Kra'el scans the town for any further threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Map Town Map Female Human Sharper Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 5/10 | CMB 1 / CMD 14 | AC 15 / T 13 / FF 12 | Fort +1 / Ref +5 / Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +6 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Active Effects: None

Zalindra gratefully accepts bucket after bucket, either using them herself to douse the flames, or handing them off to someone else if more people inside join the chain. She works diligently on helping to put out the fire.


As those left in the tavern begin to get the fire under control, Kra'el steps outside and surveys the town he loves. Brindol. The town’s calm, riverside atmosphere has been shattered this night. Numerous fires rage in the distance, several trees near the tavern have been set ablaze and at the end of the road, Adronsius' alchemy supply store is fully engulfed in flames.

The sound of yelling and screams echo along the cobbled streets. From the north, a small band of men from the city watch arrives. They are clearly wounded, and the four of them don't quite make up a full patrol, but they remain stern-faced and resilient.

"Blackscale!" the guard in front calls out, rushing over to the dragonborn. "Thank Kord! What's this, more goblins?" He says, gesturing toward the burning tavern.


Male HP: 6/12 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) | CMB: +3 CMD: 20 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perception +5 Portrait Speed 20 ft. | Challenge 1/1 | Tactician 1/1

Seeing the line of buckets going towards the fire inside he turns for the front door and steps for the outside to see about getting more help. As he steps out he sees the large Dragonborn and the guards standing around, "What's going on? Are there more of them out here?"

Double Move to reach Kra'el


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

Kra'el gives the watchmen a stern look. "There was no warning. People are dead."

The dragonborn takes a brief moment to survey the fires. "Where did you encounter them?"


”So many more!” One of the guards answers Javos, a hint of panic in his voice. The leader shoots him a glance before continuing the conversation with Kra’el.
”At the northeast gatehouse. We pushed them back but we lost some good men and women tonight.” The guard glances up over Kra’el’s head and surveys the sky above the city proper. It is clear that some of the smoke in the air is coming from within the city walls.
”And something tells me this wasn’t all of them.”


Battle map, Town map elf unchained monk (zen archer) 1 || hps:5/10 || AC: 15|15|14 || For:+2 | Ref:+4 | Wil:+4 || Per:+10 low-light vision, Init:+1, CMD:14 || Portrait

Aelion, having followed Kra'el after dumping ale on the fire, glanced back into the blaze.

"Does anyone know where they came from? Is Overlook overrun?"

The elf nocks an arrow to his bow, but doesn't draw it.

"I'm willing to help, and I'll wager I'm not the only one. Where do you need us most?"


Tiefling Arcanist (School Savant) 1
Crunch:
HP 8/8 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMD -1 | FORT +1 REF +3 WILL +3 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60’ Perc. +2 | Resist cold , elect, & fire 5

Din’s mouth went agape as Kra’el strode across the room and left the tavern. His jaw hit the floor when the human that had ordered more drinks Javos did the same.

His brow furrowed as he unslung the light crossbow at his back. Din pressed the tip of the bolt against the sleeping goblin’s chest and for a moment felt a pang of compassion. It lay there, drool pooling on the floor, and looked almost like an innocent babe.

Din shrugged and squeezed the trigger.
Red Goblin's Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Coup de grace DC 26

As the body went limp, he reloaded the crossbow and hooked it back onto the sling as he stepped over the body to Cecilia.

Din affected a swooning tone, ”One of you big, strong types wanna help dispose of some garbage?!”


Female Changeling Witch 1 | 7/7 HP | AC 17, T 12, FF 15, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +6 | Senses; Darkvision 60ft., Perception +0 (+2 when in arm's reach of familiar) | Active Buffs: Mage Armor
Dinvirte Babriote wrote:
”One of you big, strong types wanna help dispose of some garbage?!”

"Dinvirte! I know that is important to you," she pauses to cough some more, "—but is there anything more you can do to help get this fire under control before we start rummaging through corpses and moving them?" Dayana calls across the tavern with a look over her shoulder. Pause. She adds, "We absolutely should, of course, but maybe not while the tavern is burning."

She fans her face with a hand and stubbornly continues to assist with the passing of buckets down the chain as they come. Some degree of annoyance from Beledia prickles at her; the viper familiar hidden away in her bag none-too-pleased to still be within a burning building. Dayana huffs.


Tiefling Arcanist (School Savant) 1
Crunch:
HP 8/8 | AC 14 T 11 FF 13 | CMD -1 | FORT +1 REF +3 WILL +3 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60’ Perc. +2 | Resist cold , elect, & fire 5

Din’s tail snapped in annoyance, ”I meant how we have a live one over here that could decide at any moment to add fuel to the fire.” He brandished his dagger at the goblin in the purple cap, hoping he and Cecilia would be enough of a threat to keep him still.


The goblin at Cecilia’s feet screams as the goblin in red’s life is snuffed out with the cold thud of a crossbow bolt. As Din gestures towards it with a dagger it it begins to writhe and squirm.
”Не? Жоқ! Жоқ, жоқ, жоқ, мейірімділік!” it cries, looking up at Cecilia with tears welling up at the edge of its bulging red eyes.

Goblin:
”What? No! No, no, no. Please, mercy!”

Meanwhile, the relentless stream of buckets begins to pay off as those fighting the fire begin to see progress.

Outside, Aelion’s question is met with puzzled expressions, before a look of realisation crosses the guard’s face. ”The call to arms from Overlook? So you’ve read it too? Then the gods truely deserve praise for keeping you here for one more night. If half the adventure guilds in the city hadn’t already marched off along the Dwarf Road we’d be in a lot less trouble right now!”
The guard looks around at the fires ripping through the fields in the distance. ”Do I think these goblin scum breached Bordin’s Watch? I doubt it. But I’d rather leave those questions for tomorrow. For now, my town is burning and my people need my focus here.”


Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 | HP: 12/13 | AC 20 (T10, FF 20) | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F:+4 R:+0 W:+2 | Init +0 | Darkvision 60ft, Perception +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10 | Speed 20 ft. | Smite Evil (+3/+1) 0/1

A looming shadow covers the doorway as the light flickers orange on the dragonborn's scales. He looks angry, terrible, like doom come to life. His rumbling voice comes out dark and serious, somehow more serious than before. "There are many more goblins. People are dying now. The townsfolk can deal with the fire. If you are able to fight goblins, come."

From the doorway where he stands, Kra'el calmly puts his blade through the chest of the remaining living goblin, ignoring its whining pleas, before reaching into his pouch and pulling out a vial. Holding it out to Dinvarte, he says quietly, "Duck sooner next time," and turns away once the tiefling takes it.

Before walking out the door, the dragonborn turns back toward the burning tavern. "I will not wait."

The vial is a Potion of Cure Light Wounds, it would look exactly like any other vial of the same potion if you got it from the local church of Pelor. Do what you will with it. Kra'el will wait very briefly outside before finding more goblins.

Longsword Attack vs prone goblin with flanking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Slashing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

If Cecilia isn't threatening, it's a 17 to hit, which should still be enough.


Female Changeling Witch 1 | 7/7 HP | AC 17, T 12, FF 15, CMD 11 | Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +2 | Init +6 | Senses; Darkvision 60ft., Perception +0 (+2 when in arm's reach of familiar) | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

She huffs at Dinvirte's response, calling in response, "I didn't see that one there."

As Kra'el goes to step out of the tavern, Dayana gives up on helping to put out the fires; looking to Jathal and then Zalindra with those mismatched eyes, she says, "Come on, big guy's leaving to hunt more goblins. The noncombatants can handle this," before slipping from her position in the chain and gesturing for one of the commoners to take her place in it.

Relief floods over her as soon as she steps out of the building; even with the smoke in the air and the glow of other fires raging throughout Brindol, it was cooler and likely at least a little clearer than within the tavern. A pale hand raises to begin furiously fanning her face as she scans the horizon. "This assault seems... strangely coordinated for goblins, don't you think? Something smarter must be directing them, surely..." she muses, looking between those gathered outside the Antler and Thistle.

And here I thought Brindol was starting to get boring.


Battle map, Town map elf unchained monk (zen archer) 1 || hps:5/10 || AC: 15|15|14 || For:+2 | Ref:+4 | Wil:+4 || Per:+10 low-light vision, Init:+1, CMD:14 || Portrait

"For goblins, yes, though hobgoblins do have a certain cunning. If one of us who speaks their tongue can interrogate one, we may have more answers. Of course, that would require us actually keeping one alive long enough to question," Aelion said wryly.

Looking around to make sure Jathal had also made it out of the building, he shrugged at the Captain ignoring his last question, and prepared to follow the dragonborn to their next conflict.

The chaos, the fire, the screams... he was taking it all very calmly.


Battle Map Female Human Bard (Sound Striker) || HP: 6/10 || AC: 18 |14 |14 || For: +1 | Ref: +6 | Wil: +1 || CMB: +6 CMD: 15 || Perception: +3 || Bardic Performance 1/7 Rounds Remaining ||

Cecilia grimaced as the tiefling unloaded a crossbow bolt into the sleeping goblin's head, and then again as the dragonborn ran the other one through with a blade. She almost said something, but after a few moments decided to not comment on such unpleasant actions. If Brindol really was under attack, then they would need to work together to combat this threat. For now, it was best that everyone remained in high spirits.

Eager to be away from both the fire and the buckets of water that were being thrown about, Cecilia stepped outside. As she saw firsthand the destruction that had befallen the city, Cecilia did her best to remain impassive. But while a part of her grieved for the violence and bloodshed that had consumed the city's streets, there was another part of her that couldn't help but think what a great introduction this would make for her epic.

"From fire and blood it began..." She whispered.

Yes, that would be an excellent opening line...

Cecilia will stand outside with the others, armed and ready to move.


Battle map, Town map elf unchained monk (zen archer) 1 || hps:5/10 || AC: 15|15|14 || For:+2 | Ref:+4 | Wil:+4 || Per:+10 low-light vision, Init:+1, CMD:14 || Portrait

Realizing he had forgotten something, Aelion scanned the faces around him until he found Zalindra.

"Just where does your grandfather live?"


Female Dwarf Warpriest 1 HP: 11/13 |AC: 16 (20) (tch 10, ff 16) | CMB: 0, CMD 12 (16) | F: +5 R: +0 W: +5 | Init +0 | Perc: +4, darkvision | Spd: 20ft. | Active Conditions: None |

Ingra cast create water continuously until she noted the fighters and guards leaving the building.

She stops casting, following the others outside.

She was sweating, but thanks to being so close the ground wasn't as affected by the smoke.

"Looks like Tails wasn't far off suspecting that ad to be a ruse." she dusted herself off a bit.

"Just the reverse. It wasn't to draw us away from the safety of Brindol, it was to leave Brindol defenseless."

She scans the skyline, orange hued in the night. People screaming and running. It was chaos.

"This tavern was only just attacked though, and it's on the outer rim of the city. No alarm bells yet either. Can Brindol close it's gates? How fast can we do that? These nasty buggers are acting in the name of the Red Hand." Ingra looks back to the Tavern, the memorabilia in there burning with the rest of it.

"If that's true, we need to contain quickly. Stop more coming in. And we need to warn the rest of the city. Like with a bell or something if there is one."


Female Elf Slayer 1. Hp 11/12. AC15. F +3, R + 5. W + 1. Init + 4. Perception + 8. Portrait

Jathal shrugs, she was going to end the Goblins herself if no one else bothered. Leaving the smoky stench of the tavern was a relief, she breathed some cleaner night air with relish. Looking around to see the others were all assembled.

She nods at Ingra's words. "You're right I think. Draw the defenders away and then strike at the inner towns. To have such a strategy in place would need someone in command though. We may be looking at another horde?"

She checks her arrows are ready to use, and her other weapons are in place, looking about to see if she can detect an area that needs help first?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Singing... 'Then you realize, smoke gets in your eyes'.

51 to 100 of 1,015 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Kaavek’s Scales of War All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.