DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,751 to 1,800 of 3,942 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven glares.
He glares throughout the whole explanation and discussion.
In fact his unblinking stare and even breathing would lead one to assume that the old dwarf is angry at something or someone. His lack of reaction speaks of one who has good control of his emotions and or either a lack of concern.

Looking closely, the old dwarf has simply fallen asleep on his feet and only pure stubborness makes him remain upright.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro watches the circus start.

So the cute half-elf Jiliana blurts out celestial when she gets excitable. Sure, of course she does. Gwyddym finds it intriguing. You betcha. Lia's rambling about past futures and gesturing bizarrely at Jiliana. Naturally. And meanwhile the serious one among us is sleeping while standing up. That's actually a surprise, how does he do that?

Ro shrugs internally and waits it out. She loves them all.

Maybe I'm starting to get jaded.

++++++++++++++++

To answer Father Zantus Rojava replies "it looks like that's how it has to be. Sure, we'll go."

She sits back down and turns around in her chair toward Jiliana and Edgar.

"Welcome to the club. You're probably going to be sorry you joined."

Ro gives them a wink, but she doesn't sound like she's joking.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Strangely ecstatic about the new arrivals, Karmid can't seem to stop smiling...or string together a decent sentence in the young woman's presence.

"Wow! Nualia...sure we can. Hunt her out? Root out Thisletop! Can't wait. Um...we should get cleaned up. Rest? Head out first thing in the morning? Yeah. Gotta soak Angela to get the zom-brains out. Their all dried and sticky...now."

At that, Karmid blushes heavily and retreats to the Temple's bath for a much needed cleansing. He slaps himself on the forehead as he retreats from the conversation too quickly.

"Man I stink!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Before the party breaks up to wander off in clouds of exhaustion and hormones, Rojava asks "Does anyone know anything about Thistletop?"

K Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

I'll also keep the K Local roll of 22 from before if I can and it gets me anything.

++++++++++++++++++

Ro makes it known she will be going to the Rusty Dragon should anyone else be interested in coming along.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Know:Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
That's without my terrain bonus too, if it counts.

"I've heard of it of course. And I can find it easily."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Glaring. Not saying a word.


Knowledge Geography Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 15
"I have some basic knowledge of the area as well."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar looks to Jiliana somewhat hesitantly. Were they truly prepared to sign up for this? He wasn't entirely certain. Wouldn't do to show that outwardly to the chosen ones, though. "Assaulting an enemy stronghold, driving out its inhabitants, and then slaying a foul... queen?"


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

So quiet and so silent as to be forgotten Windsight speaks,"We can only hope that our success so far carries over for we cannot afford to fail".

"Karmid and I saw some Goblins sneaking away from the Glassworks after we routed them. We peppered them to wound them as they fled to let them know we knew of their presence. They were making their way north so it is a good bet that Thistletop is where they were headed".

Father Zantus nods, "Very well, if you are all in agreement I suggest you get rest and refreshed for a journey north come the light of the day. Not first light though as I am sure you are all exhausted, not just Drasven". His smile is a bit devilish at the sight of the dwarf out on his feet.

The Clergy begin to break either to rest, commiserate, or make plans.

---

OK folks, the group leaves for Thistletop in the morning, anyone want to do any RP in town, go ahead and advance to that now.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid frowns slightly as he is about to leave.

"Technically we don't have to drive them out...not really. Just give them good incentive to give up attacking Sandpoint. It's hard to exterminate goblins anyway. There are multiple tribes in the area for years now, and most of those tribes probably predate Sandpoint's founding. They multiply faster than rabbits anyway...and I'm not an exterminator. I'm a chosen of Gozreh."

With that Karmid leaves for his bath.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I think I'm going to try getting something to protect myself. Probably a set of leather of some sort. Maybe a bit reinforced. And a buckler to strap on my arm when we go into danger, maybe. Just to stay a bit safer. Gwyddym says, frowning a bit at the thought of having to armor himself.

Looking to get some studded leather and a buckler or a light steel shield


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"You really ought to learn to prestidigitate Karmid. It would keep you from always being one round of drinks behind" Ro calls to Karmid as he leaves.

Ro grabs Gwydd by the arm. "Come on with me now. We'll go to the guard house and snatch what you need tomorrow morning before we leave. A requisition you know. I'll get you all set up. Rusty Dragon first though. Never end a day with a demon in it without a couple of drinks."

"Edgar, Jillia, you're with us. We need to find out more about you before we're all dead" she says with a grin.

"Lia, could you and Kara wake Drasven up without knocking him over?"

Ro smiles evilly, wondering how painted the dwarf will be by the time they get around to rousing him, and how long it will take him to notice.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili moves to Edgar to speak quietly to him. "We decided we needed to join them if we could. We can't have goblins attacking the town. Are you going with them to Thistletop? I'll go with them to see what I can do."

Jili looks on in amazement at the whirlwind that is Ro. I guess I can join you for a bit. I haven't been in the Rusty Dragon in a while." She joins Ro and Gwydd as they head out.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

For a moment, Lia pondered going along to the the Rusty Dragon...but then she remembered that she had something important to do.

Nodding to Ro's suggestion regarding Drasven, she fetched Kira and walked over to the sleeping Dwarf. When Kira intends to tap on his shoulder, Lia quickly stops her:"Ro SAID to wake him, but she really means for us to paint him. Like this!" Lia concentrates on her active Prestidigitation effect, and cat whiskers made of soot or ash form on the sleeping Dwarfs face.
Looking at Drasvens majestic beard, Lia ponders:"That is a lot of potential canvas covered by hair. Do you think we should shave him?"
Kira almost laughs out loud, responding:"I don't think he would like that very much...most Dwarfs I know are pretty proud of their beards, so I'll have to go with a 'No' here, Lia..."
...
...
...
Eventually, Drasven is roused from his sleep by Kira:"Good evening, Mister Drasven. Rojava said to let you rest a bit longer, so that you might regain sufficient strenght to hold a mug or two over at the Rusty Dragon...her treat."

Drasven Sense Motive 20:
The girl is very...amused out of nowhere, as if holding back laughing. And grins in a way that suggests something is off.

Drasvens Appearance, not visible to Drasven without mirror:
Kira and Lia made sure to work in ways that are not giving their fun away easily. Apart from the painted cat Whiskers, Drasven has Rainbow-colored eyebrows, black ears with white tips, intense red lips, and a black/white checkered facial-hair(only the facial part, not the full beard).

Lia, meanwhile, has focused her attention elsewhere, trying to understand the magic in place on Flutters Gown. (Spellcraft Take 10 for 17)
When done with that, she heads on over to the prison, asking the guard to be allowed to see Tsuto. If given permission, she will sit outside his cell, lean against the wall and stare at him. Flutter will still be wearing the Silk Gown with as much dignity as it allows. Lia does not intend to talk(unless he speaks up first), just keeps looking at the Half-Elf, quite possibly falling asleep as some point.
Also, I have not forgotten the warning/order to do things in pairs. Lia has. Or considers Flutter a valid partner.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Once Rojava has herded her crew into the Rusty Dragon and has them installed there, she excuses herself for a few minutes and goes out the back exit. She crosses the alley and knocks on Rynshinn's back door. It would be nice if she would come join them for a little while.

Besides, Ro remembers the last time she waited to let Rynn know she was back. With only one free evening in town, she doesn't want to end up in the doghouse.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar reticently tags along. A night at the tavern was not conducive to the state he would wish to be in on the morrow, but he also could not turn down the option to learn more about his comrades as well as spend time around Ameiko Kaijutsu, whose tales were always more interesting than most.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Entering the Dragon with much ado an hour later, now clean and smelling of lavender, Karmid immediately takes a table and asks for his usual mead. As he leans back precariously on the back two legs of his chair, feet on the table, Karmid sighs contentedly with his hand up.

Ameiko hands him his overlarge mug of honey-mead with a smile and a simple wink.

"Now...where was I? OH yeah...the horde of zombies was all over me! If I flinched? My companions could have gotten overwhelmed by them! I had to hold them there! By hell of highwater! Angela and I faced that horde..."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd smiles at Karmid's retelling as he looks to his own diminutive cup of syrupy liqueur.

Ah yes Karmid. Just you, Angela, and the grace of Shelyn coursing through you, eh? Gwyd says with a smile and a wink.

Truly, it was an impressive sight. Gozreh should be proud of the work this one did flattening our foes! he says, raising his glass in a salute.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili finds a quiet seat at the table and orders a cider. "Edgar and I helped with the goblin raid a little bit. Other than that I've just been doing odd jobs in town for the last couple of years. I'm from the River Kingdoms originally."

She listens to the stories. Her nose wrinkles slightly at the overpowering lavender scent Karmid is wearing. She manages not to sneeze.

Karmid:
I assume Karmid is the kind of guy who assumes if a little bit is good a lot is better.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

You are correct! He's a teenage boy in a grown man's body. Technically he's still growing! He tackles life like its a combat and rarely does things in small measures. He's a bit grandiose when he's drinking or fighting, but very down to earth otherwise. He's also very shy among the ladies...if you haven't already guessed. He's spent most of he last few years camping out in the local wilderness which he calls 'Getting closer to Gozreh!". =)

"Yes! Of course Gwydd...Shelyn's grace..."

Kamid glances at Jiliana again for a moment and starts turning a bit red.

"Angela and I couldn't have done it without Gwydd and Sheylen to be back me up!"

Karmid then turns away and slams back his mead.

"Another Ameiko! I'm so thirsty I could drink half the sea tonight...if it tasted as good as your mead!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Before too long Rojava returns, bringing with her a young, dark-haired half-elven woman. They join the others at the tables and sit down. "Most of you already know, but in case you haven't met, this is Rynshinn. She owns Vernah's. She's putting me up at her house until I find a place of my own."

After finishing introductions around, Ro calls for applejack, and wine for her friend. After a bit of chatting, Ro zeros in on Jiliana and Edgar. "River Kingdoms? What brought you all the way from there to here? And why in the world would the two of you want to hitch yourselves to the mess we've gotten ourselves into?"

++++++++++++

When Karmid arrives and plops himself down, Rojava gives him a blistering stare.

"FEET Karmid. Where do they go?"


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint

The Cathedral - Drasven

Windsight waits behind with Drasven as the dwarf never does quite wake up from Lia's, uh, attention.

Windsight will be a DMPC from an RP aspect for a bit longer. Feel free to interact with him Drasven.

Rusty Dragon - Edgar, Karmid, Ro, Jiliana, and Gwydd

Ameiko is behind the bar and more somber than usual. The place is nearly empty with only the local drunks out and about within. She serves drinks but does so with such a subdued personality its a wonder it is her at all...

Rynshinn whispers in Ro's ear,

Ro:
"If you have to go, do you want me to stay close to Ameiko. She looks like she is really having a hard time, hell, she probably should not even be here right now no?"

Your group sits at the bar without being disturbed. As the conversation continues in earnest Talene enters looking dismayed, "Father Zantus wants me to stay as well. I am truly sorry, no matter what I say he keeps telling me he needs me, I feel like I am letting you all down".

Sandpoint Garrison

As Lia enters the Garrison the guard on duty grins and blushes.

Lia sits and watches Tsuto but he does not stir, not one iota.

Lia & Flutter - Perception DC 20:
He is not breathing at all!

Flutter's new ensemble. Adds a +1 Deflection Bonus to AC.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

My apologies, Updates weren't showing.
Sense Motive DC 20 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Finally Roused by Kira, Drasven is tired out and doesn't notice anything as he struggles to have his bleary eyes adjust to his new surroundings. He fails.
With a grunt to acknowledge Kira's words, Drasven takes a step, thus assuring his escort that he's well and able to continue before falling asleep once more. Of course nobody else notices as they all merrily make their way to the tavern for a much needed merry making.

Drasven only awakensan hour later and is surprised to see that Windsight, the dour plainsman has stayed to keep him company.
Slightly Abashed, he questions the Shoanti.
"Where have the rest gone? You stayed with this old dwarf all this time? Has everyone being briefed onto what happened and that nasty business with the Doppleganger?"

Looking around while waiting for Windsight to respond, the dwarf notices all too easily that besides Windsight and himself, no one else was there.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Lia sits still, staring at Tsuto calmly as the hours pass - until eventually, that which is and that which could be unite into one and she enters her Benefactors domain...the dreaming.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Flutter sits on top of his mistress, joining her stare as he thinks about all that had happened, until eventually, he pops out of existance as Lia falls asleep...only his gown remains, covering her shoulder.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Rojava Brishen wrote:

When Karmid arrives and plops himself down, Rojava gives him a blistering stare.

"FEET Karmid. Where do they go?"

Karmid merely raises his mug and winks broadly at the young woman.

"Up goblin a$$e$$ of course! HA!"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili shakes her head at Ro and Karmid's antics. "I found the River Kingdoms not a good place for me to stay. The Razmiran faithful don't care for Erastil. Someone with a birthmark in the shape of his holy symbol really doesn't fit in with their religion."

She looks at Ameiko when she waves for another cider. I'm surprised she's here tonight with her what's happened to her family in the last few days. Do any of you know her well?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro in turn leans into Rynn's ear "such a beautiful ear!" and whispers back.

Rynn:
"I agree, it's a really good idea. You're very sweet to suggest it. Actually I'd like to talk to both you and Ameiko together for a few minutes before we leave."

She would like to linger a little longer. Ro can just catch Rynn's scent, even though the inn's smells intrude. She thinks she can untangle a bit of cucumber and cinnamon in it, and it jellies her insides. But it might look suspicious so Ro doesn't.

+++++++++++

Ro shows some surprise when Jiliana mentions the birthmark, but not all that much. "Ah, you're another one then. Yeah, seems to be going around here. Kind of funny, for years we were treated like we were special snowflakes here. But it's starting to seem we're like mushrooms, more of us just keep popping up all the time."

Ro's never heard of a Razmiran so she lets that slide.

"I think Ameiko knows everyone who's been in town for long. Talene there probably knows her best among us though."

++++++++++++

"Up goblin a$$e$$ of course! HA!"

Ro is tempted to walk over and kick the chair out from under Karmid..... But no..... Nope, no scenes tonight.

Instead, she leans in toward Karmid, resting her head in her hands, elbows on the table. "Tell you what Karmid" she says silkily. "You get your feet off the table, and show some respect for the owner and everyone else who's using this table. If you do that, I will share some secret and sensitive information with you. Deal?"

+++++++++++++

Ro keeps an eye on Talene. If it looks like she might be exiting for the night, Ro makes sure to catch her for a quick private conversation first.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Suddenly very suspicious, Karmid answers slowly.

"OKayyyy..."

He then brings his feet down carefully one foot at a time, one hand still gripping his mug.

"So? Spill."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava gestures with her head away from the table. She goes to the bar, asks for a couple of drinks and waits for Karmid. When he gets there she hands him the ale, and takes a generous slug from the cup of applejack she's holding. She's been tossing a question around since she left the table, and now she has to decide. Honey or vinegar first? Honey.

Karmid:
"I've noticed you have your eye on a particular red-headed Erastilian. I'm going to try to help you out with that. I can't guarantee anything, but you'll be better off by a good distance if you listen to me."

"So,.. you're being sort of an ass this evening, and it's not helping you. Stretching out like a beached whale and bragging about your day isn't very appealing really. In fact, if you think back a few evenings Fran told you the same too. How well did it work out for you then? I had to do some quick reputation patching for you afterward with both her and Xarmas. To say they weren't impressed would be a huge understatement."

"Here's what you're going to do instead. When you go back over there, you're going to do two things. First, mind your manners. Nobody likes the idea of sharing a room with livestock, so don't act like livestock."

"Second, you're going to talk to Jiliana. Talking loudly in her vicinity doesn't count. You're going to talk with her, notice I didn't say at her, one-on-one. Now, what are you going to talk about? Not you. You're going to ask her something about herself. It doesn't matter what you choose... Scratch that, certain things are off the table: her body, sex, what she thinks about you, stuff like that."

"If you can't think of anything at all, go with what she thinks about Sandpoint, her favorite things here, that sort of stuff. Pay attention when she responds and remember what she says. Find things you have in common and mention them. Make plenty of eye contact, smile, but no touchy touchy. Let her touch you if she wants. If the conversation starts to drag, find a reason to end it and move on to something else. Better the first time is short than awkward."

"Now probably you're piss-scared right about now. That's fine, perfectly normal. Try not to show it, confidence is a plus, but that's different from cockiness, which is what you tend to do. Just take that down about six notches and it'll be fine. You probably won't have any idea how things went after it's over, that's also normal the first time around. Don't worry about it, there will be a second conversation, and so forth. The first one is foundation building. Don't f*!~ it up too badly by doing the things I told you not to do, and you'll get another chance to build on what you've started."

"Alright, you know what you need to do. Now just go do it. You'll be a natural if you break the bad habits. Go knock her dead."

Ro starts to walk then stops. "I didn't mean for you to actually punch her or anything by that, I meant 'good luck'."

She smiles mischievously at Karmid, gives him a smack on the butt, and returns to the table.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint

The Cathedral - Drasven

Windsight grins, "Lia took some ah, liberties with your appearance you may want to take care of.

I stayed here because we are supposed to stay in pairs and I thought leaving you alone, asleep, would be a bad idea.

As far as what was said, it seems that we will all be going to Thistletop to confront the Goblins and likely Nualia. That Jiliana and Edgar will join us. I've seen them around town but never interacted with them so we shall see what it is they are capable of...

Of the shapechanger there has been no sign, or at least no sign we know of". He frowns.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Rojava Brishen wrote:

"Alright, you know what you need to do. Now just go do it. You'll be a natural if you break the bad habits. Go knock her dead."

Ro starts to walk then stops. "I didn't mean for you to actually punch her or anything by that, I meant 'good luck'."
She smiles mischievously at Karmid, gives him a smack on the butt, and returns to the table.

With Ro's rapid-fire one-sided conversation training you can almost see each and every emotion Karmid has on his face one at a time, both low and high points, as he attempts to talk and can't seem to get a word in edgewise.

"But...What...You...NO!...Where do you...It's not...Now REALLY...I'm not...TALK!?...Are you kidding...Move ON?..."

After the last bit he flinches from the attack upon his firm buttocks, and looks a little steamed at Ro.

"Hey! I'm not stupid. Nor am I a piece of meat woman! Keep your hands to yourself!"

He then downs the proffered Ale, and looks hard at the wooden bar so that he does not have to look at anything...or anyone...else.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jiliana looks over to the bar where Ro and Karmid are talking. "Are they "good" friends?" she asks Glyn. She flinches when Ro slaps him on the rear. "Never mind. I guess they are."

"Edgar do you know how far away Thistletop is? Do you think we need rations for the trip?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Ro and Karmid? No. Just - just no. Gwyd says with a chuckle. That's just how Ro is with, well, with everyone. She's a truly free spirit. You know, I think Karmid does have something for you. I've never seen him so at a loss for words, really. He's a bit of a braggart, but not without good cause. He and that hammer of his, Angela, they are formidable in a scrape. You might ease the poor guy's mind and have a chat directly with him. Not sure if his head would explode, but it'd be a far sight better than watching him babble like he has been.

Looking about the bar, half-hearing Jiliana's question to Edgar, he pulls his mind back, paying closer attention now.

It would be good to learn some of this thought process Gwyd. You've a lot to learn. he thinks as he leans forward.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar rubs his chin a moment, pensively. "I recall a Thistlestop, a few miles up the coast, nothing we'd need rations for, but I don't recall a Thistletop. Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong." He shrugs, looking about.

"As to tagging along, of course we're going. What other choice is there? A threat to the town is a threat to our families, our friends, our..." He trails off once more, not wishing to bring up anything he might regret. "Anyway, if I don't go, who will sing tales of my glorious defeat of whatever her name is?" It was not that he couldn't remember her name, but that he felt that speaking the name would reinforce her importance, and therefore the concern others had regarding the coming confrontation.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"I see." upon learning the stotic Shoanti's reasoning, Drasven ponders what he had just learnt.

"These old bones can't always keep up with the youthful energy of you younglings. I don't know much about the other two either, but since you're from this town....perhaps you'd know more of them?" Drasven questions even as his unease that the shapeshifter got away. Who knows what other mischief she maybe planning.

"Thistletop, Nualia and goblins." he grouses even as he stretches to work out the stiffness of his body.
"Looks like we'll be gone on a hike to goblin home, eg?"

Attempts at Knowledge via Breadth of Experience.
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Finding the closest mirror, he looks at his current appearance. Sure as a dwarf, he's proud of his beard and was glad to see little to no damage to it.
"This town could use some merriment and if it means I provide it, then so be it. Pretend you didn't tell me anything about it though I appreciate your staying back for me. Let's go get ourselves some Ale."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

As the evening winds down Ro takes Rynn with her to gather Ameiko and Talene for a discussion.

Conference with Ameiko, Ryn, and Talene:
Once their heads are all together Rojava tells them some sort of Plan B needs to be ready.

"I understand why people aren't being told about what's happening, panic would be bad. But it worries me. If most everyone is in the dark, they also won't be prepared if we fail. There should be some kind of plan for that beyond just having the cathedral and garrison on alert."

"If an attack comes, and they get into town the garrison and cathedral will be the safest places to be. They have a good chance of being defended. But they're all the way up the hill. There's nothing down here like them, and there's a lot of people down here. Nualia wants to burn the town down, and I think she means it literally. Burn people out and kill them in the streets."

"I think making a defensible position in this part of town is a good idea just in case. There's no building down here that perfect for it, but the Rusty Dragon could work pretty well. It can hold a lot of people, and it could be shut up tightly, only a couple of doors need to be defended."

Looking at Ameiko Rojava asks her "would you be willing to use the inn as a makeshift fort? With the first floor doors and windows closed and bolted up, you still have the second story windows to fire down from. The biggest danger would be fire, but the roof here is higher than others so harder to set a fire there. You'd want to lay in all the water possible. Fill everything you can."

”Ryn, at the first hint of any trouble in town, come straight here. It’s only a minute from your back door through a sheltered alley to here. Don’t wait to see what’s going on. We know Nualia wants an attack to be a surprise. By the time there’s any sign of something being wrong, it will likely already be underway. There won’t be any time to lose. I’m taking Gwyddym to the garrison tomorrow and I’ll get something for you to defend yourself with too.”

Then Ro turns to Talene. ”There’s one other thing I really think should be done, but I won’t be around to try to do it. The kids at Turandarok Academy need to be able to get to safety. I don’t know how though. I’d think the best thing would be for them to be moved to the cathedral as a precaution until we return from Thistletop. There won’t be the people on hand to defend it if needed, and trying to move the kids once an attack has started is very risky. But if the cathedral won’t work, maybe they could come here Ameiko? Can you see what you can arrange Talene?”


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Me sing?" Jili laughs at Edgar's statment. "Maybe one of our new friends will sing them. I can't stand in front of a group of people."


Shadow's Status

The Rusty Dragon

As the night winds down, the group is treated to the appearance of Drasven entering with Windsight though there are few locals around to be amused by it.

With a long trek ahead of them the next day, the GodTouched head back in two's and three's to get some well deserved rest. Karmid awkwardly avoids Jiliana as he heads back to the Temple with Gwydd. Jiliana and Edgar keep each other company on their return treks escorted by Drasven and Windsight.

Ro's conference with Ameiko, Ryn, and Talene goes well with the women taking her suggestions on board and expanding upon them. Soon enugh all are tired. Ameiko and Talene stay in the Dragon while Ro and Ryn spend the night at Ryn's place for what Ro hopes is not the last time.

Sandpoint - The Next Day - Lia in the Jail

Lia wakes up before any others and in the light of the day makes a horrifying discovery, Tsuto appears to be not breathing at all and has not stirred from the position she last saw him in!

Sandpoint - The Next Day - The GodTouched

Each of you wake up and begin your routines for the day knowing this day will be anything BUT routine.

Anything you sought to requisition has arrived and is sitting outside of your room for use on the trek to Thistletop.

Go ahead an RP a bit as Lia will have some big news to announce soon, post those interactions, we will begin the journey for the final Act of Burnt Offerings.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

As Lia realizes Tsuto's state, her reality shifts to accomodate this new information, lending new credibility to her actions and decision.
Very calmly, she talks to herself: "Flutter, the Wake is over. I think it's time to tell the others."
Will rejoin the others tomorrow, to give some time for morning RP before this piece of news hits.


Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Flutter thinks back to the Guard on Duty. The Godsworn DID tell the militia to use the buddy system. The guard had been alone. Probably because it was the Doppelganger. Which means there might be another body somewhere in Sandpoint. Flutter tried hard to remember the place of residence of the guard in question, so they might check it out on the way back to the Cathedral.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava is up by sunrise and hurries to the cathedral to get Gwyddym. She takes him to the Garrison's armory to fit him out in armor. She insists he take studded leather at least, and a chainmail shirt if we will. She also takes a mail shirt for herself if there is one that will fit.

On the way out, she grabs a spear. Parting ways with Gwydd, she delivers it to Ryn. Ro tells her that the idea is to stay behind some sort of cover and stab at things from there, especially useful for poking at things on the other side of a window.

Then, after a long kiss, she jogs back up to the cathedral to rejoin the others.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym goes with Ro to get armor. He does insist on only the studded leather, complaining that he can't move quite as properly as one of Shelyn's servants should in the chain. However, he secures a buckler from the armory as well, to help add to his defensive repertoire.

Afterwards, he heads back to the cathedral directly, eager to see how well he could move in his new attire.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili wakes up the next morning. She stayed in the barracks with Edgar and the other guards in order to not be alone overnight in her rooms. She took a pallet in the corner of the main room. She spends time first thing praying to Erastil, before taking time to make sure her face is clean and her hair is brushed and neat.

On the way to the cathedral with Edgar she asks him to get her a dagger from the quartermaster as a last resort weapon.

This is an exciting day Edgar. We're finally going to get to do something to help the community. We're going to be accepted." Jiliana is very excited about the opportunity to fit in and be accepted for once in her life. She's almost skipping in happiness.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid wakes up on the roof of the cathedral...again. His swelling headache getting much worse as the sun rises.

He talks to the burning disk suddenly, knowing it is a conduit to the goddess herself in a way.

"Blast you Seranrae for being so bright today! I KNOW..I know...respect the Lady of Truth and Light...Gozreh forgive ME."

He then thunks his head on the stone roof on purpose. The intense pain helps clear his ahead a bit and wakes him fully. He then proceeds to climb down very carefully on all the familiar stones he knows by heart.

He then sneaks into the main bath chamber and dunks his head in some cold water to finish clearing it. He then proceeds to feed his headache with some hot tea and whatever they were baking this morning in the ovens.

He then heads to his room to dress back in his now clean Shoanti hide shirt armor, then easily packs all his things away for a trip into the wilderness.

Finishing that, he crashes on his simple cot to await the call to form up with the others heading out to the goblin's lair.

As he quickly drifts off again, his symbol of Gozreh on his chest throbs along with his heart-beat, and visions of red-haired women dance in his mind's eye.

"Seranrae...forgive me..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Refreshed and having broken fast, Drasven has is his habit checks every bit of his equipment for spoilage and replaces them if found. The ropes, weapons and bolts that he carries are each inspected and once deemed suitable does he proceed on to the rest of his equipment.

"Thistletop." he mutters not liking the fact that he'd have to be exploring what is likely a goblin stronghold.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Soon after sunrise, at the Rusty Dragon, Lia knocks insistently until the door is answered. With a voice that reflects the immense mental struggle going on within her to keep the different realities apart, Lia speaks, tired: "Ameiko...I think there's something you should know..."...

------------

Another hour later, in the great hall of the cathedral, with a smile and seemingly relaxed, Lia speaks loudly:"Hi all. Sorry I'm late. I held the Vigil for him." Without stopping, Lia, having said all that matters, rushes to her room to get ready for departure.


Flutter, however, stayed behind:"She is talking about Tsuto. He is dead. Murdered by the Doppelganger, no doubt...when we arrived at the prison, there was only a single guard on duty at the entrance - Lia insisted on telling Ameiko first, so we've been slightly delayed. Either way, it would seem that Tsuto no longer played a role in our enemies plans, and they meant to remove him from the picture before we could learn more. It's bad that we need to leave without having found the Doppelganger, but whatever plans they are hoping come to fruition, we must foil...and I fear sooner is better."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

The knots in Ro's stomach don't leave much room for an appetite. She takes a couple of pears. She sits at a table and cuts pieces of pear, eating them as she does.

She notices Gwydd moving oddly now, kind of like he has rashes in all of the worst places. Ro doesn't mention it though. He'll get used to the armor, and she certainly doesn't want to put him off of wearing it.

Rojava finally decides she needs something to occupy herself with while they all still wait. She takes out the longsword she'd collected from the sub-basement, or whatever it is, of the glassworks and lays it on the table in front of her. In between bites of pear she casts a cantrip to detect magic and starts an examination of it. She hadn't had time since returning to above ground to do this until now.

The sword is very plain, although handling it leaves no doubt it's very well made. No decoration, lettering on the blade, precious metals on the hilt, nothing she'd imagined a magical sword would have to make it stand out. Purely utilitarian in design. Ro begins to concentrate on the sword's aura instead to see if it has anything to say to her.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

After a couple of minutes she sighs. "Nothing. No idea. I'm so crap at magic" she mumbles to herself.

There's no more time to think about the sword after Lia and Flutter's announcement though.

If they're right about the doppelganger not fleeing town, and now killing in town.... The idea makes Ro feel sicker. Anyone can be killed by it masquerading as anyone, anywhere. How do you get through a day knowing that?


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Accepted? The word was curious to Edgar, who had felt himself accepted most of his life. It was a perspective he hadn't considered. Not being gifted with quite the powers that Jiliana had, he had generally fit in better. There was the occasional flourish of his sword that seemed blessed by the Dawnflower's own fire, but several of the faithful had that.

As requested, he gets a dagger for Jiliana, the smaller weapon felt negligible in his hand. Would it be effective? He supposed if struck just right, a man could bleed from it as well as anything else. Upon delivery and to her comment, he added "I had not thought of that, did your abilities set you apart? I imagine it would be comforting. The army was rather accepting, if dull."

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,942 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.