DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,551 to 1,600 of 4,073 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

After getting the door open, Ro walks out onto the platform. The cells don't look too appealing to poke into, but the idea of something in them being left to their backs is worse. She recasts Dancing Lights and sends the set of glowing orbs in a circuit around the room to illuminate the cells before going down the stairs.

As she looks at what the light shows she keeps an arrow nocked and ready.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid paces near Ro and to the side so as to avoid any friendly fire but so he can help protect her from sudden attacks too.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Oh, I forgot a perception roll

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

While the bridge appears rickety, as Karmid walks near it, it is solid and does not even shake.

Karmid peers down into the cells and can see that skeletal remains are in some while others are empty. If these creatures are undead, they have yet to move based on your appearance on the platform.

Head east down the hallway or go down and check the cells of the dead?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Cells. Hammer ready.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava will stay on the platform and cover Karmid with her bow.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Brushing her hand against the wall, Lia comments the cells:"This is not a fun place. I wish we could just go back home. But we can't."
It is said casually, but with a fatalism that does not invite questioning.

Flutter, meanwhile, stays behind the party, bringing up the rear with the intent to warn everybody if there's trouble.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid heads down the stairs to inspect each cell. He finds that these are indeed skeletons of prisoners left to rot long ago.

Where to now? Back or finish exploring the east?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Yes, east now.

Ro walks out onto the bridge around its bend and as far as it will take her in the room. She stops then and waits for Karmid while peering forward to see where it goes. Once Karmid is back up on the platform, she brings her glowing orbs up as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Rojava Brishen wrote:

Yes, east now.

Ro walks out onto the bridge around its bend and as far as it will take her in the room. She stops then and waits for Karmid while peering forward to see where it goes. Once Karmid is back up on the platform, she brings her glowing orbs up as well.

What she said. =)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven pauses a while to mutter prayers for the dead. Once done he follows up with his crossbow loaded.
"This place....is unhabitated or so isn't it?" as he looks around.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Detect Magic.

Holding up his open palm, Drasven sends a silent entreaty for magical guidance.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:

What she said. =)

Well done Karmid. Never forget who's the boss. :)


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym twists his hands on the ranseur and mutters a quick spell to cast light onto the weapon to give him some comforting light.

It is a horrid thing. These souls, who did they worship? Where they received in death by their gods? It's a terrible thing, to die in a cell, not free to dance and sing.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid and Ro head forward, her dancing lights spell leading the way. The rickety bridge turns out to be quite sturdy despite its appearance. Drasven notes that residual magic mixing evocation and conjuration together appears to be hat has kept the bridge from collapsing over the centuries.

The bridge gives way to a smooth stone passageway that opens into a room that makes Gwydd pale as he considers his last sentence. This room contains several ancient relics of what appear to be torture implements, although their function and style seem strange and archaic.

In one corner sits a spherical cage with spikes protruding inward from its iron bars. In another stands what appears to be a star-shaped wooden frame, its surface studded with hooks. And in the center of the room is a long table covered with leather straps and a number of cranks that seem designed to rotate and swivel.

None of these relics appear functional as all have rusted or decayed badly.

Besides the pall of dread being in the room brings to the hearts of the God Touched, there is nothing amiss in here, no secret doors that any of you can see.

To the east and the south sit doors. Both are locked.

East or South first?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid points his hammer at the south door.

"Traps?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava takes a careful look at the south door as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Then she goes to work on the door.

"This will probably take a while, there are two locked doors in here. But there's some furniture, so everyone take a load off and get comfortable."

Ro looks down at the floor, downcast. "Sorry, that was in very poor taste. I was just trying to lighten the mood some. This place is really awful."

Take 20 on Disable Device for 26


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro finds no traps and goes about picking the lock on the door. After a few minutes she is able to do so. The door swings open with a loud creak revealing the crumbling remnants of several chairs and a long table which clutter the floor of this room. To the south stand three stone doors, each bearing a strange symbol that resembles a seven-pointed star.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Taking one look, Karmid waves the arcane specialists up.

"Gwyd? Lia? What do you make of this?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro looks for any sign of an opening mechanism on the stone doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Then she looks through the wreckage in the room briefly.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Then she moves on to the east door checking for traps before going to work on getting it open.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Taking 20 for 26 on Disable Device


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

While Ro takes her time working on the locks, Gwydd takes the chance to sing, trying to bring some light to the darkness with a song about lost loves found and the sight of sun after a long rainstorm.

Upon Karmid's summoning, Gwydd makes his way to the stone doors, inspecting them for some memory or history he can recall.

Perform: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
K.Arcana/History/Religion (all three the same modifier): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro is able to easily locate the mechanisms to open each door. Within each is a single skeleton of a badly deformed humanoid; one has three brittle arms, another has an enormous misshapen skull, and the third has a rib cage that goes all the way down to its pelvis—a pelvis with stunted leg bones strewn below its strangely flat girth.

Neither Gwydd nor Ro can make any sense of the spiky writing. Gwydd's song brings some small sense of peace to this place of sorrow.

Seeing there is little else here, Ro begins to work on the eastern door. It opens soon enough and once more the door swings silently open. The room beyond is mired in total darkness, even Ro's nearby dancing lights cannot penetrate this gloom...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro sends her string of lights through the door, where they promptly disappear into the blackness. She recalls them and they can again be seen when they re-enter the room. Correct?

She looks back at the others with a frown. "We have a problem here. This darkness isn't normal."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Pulling a couple of copper coins out, Karmid tosses them into the darkness to see what happens, and if he can hear them make any noise.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Shadow's Status

Correct Ro.

Karmid, you hear the coins rolling down stairs...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid slaps his hammer into his opposite hand with a smacking noise.

"Stairs? I hear stairs. Unnatural darkness...sounds like a trap to me."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava grimaces and sighs. "What do we do about this then? If it's magical we can't beat it, and we can't see in there. I suppose we can try waiting it out. If it's permanent it's slightly less likely to be a trap. But that's not much."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Knowledge (Religion), to identiy the symbol if posible. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception, general check around the room 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge (Whatever is needed to identify the symbol) from breadth of experience 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Drasven steps forward, his voice low.
"Let me try." moving forward, the old dwarf peers into the darkness.
Can he see anything?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro thinks about the situation, trying to remember anything she can about counteracting such spells.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Drasven cannot decipher what the symbols mean, he concludes they are rubbish or the scrawlings of madness. Nor can Drasven see as he pokes his head into the area of darkness.

Ro is not entirely sure what spell would counteract this one but it is likely one more powerful than any in the party can produce.

Gaven speaks up, "Perhaps we can simply lock this portion of the catacomb up by sealing the door that leads to it. Once we explore the rest of this place and find the Doppelganger their death may cause this effect to cease?"

What now?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

While she can identify a couple of holes in his plan, Ro seconds Gaven's suggestion heartily.

"Yeah, I think that's what we should do. It covers either the caster being taken out or the duration expending and doesn't leave us sitting on our hands waiting in the meantime."

And, considering the contents of the last two rooms, I don't want to grub around feeling my way along by touch. Oh, and waiting for a knife in my back while I do it as the icing on the cake.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Not sure of this plan at all, Karmid is willing to try. Even he is not reckless enough to attempt the darkness without more to go on.

"OK. Let's try it. Where to next?"


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

As the God Touched exit the prison area they stand before the door.

Flutters light reveals that the passageway to the south was also obscured by darkness, not as potent a spell as the one you just encountered but still magical darkness is clearly not naturally occurring!

How do you bar or lock the way to the prison area?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

If the door opens toward us.

Rojava looks the door over. "Can't relock it without the actual key, and whoever probably has the actual key anyway. We could drive wooden shims in along the doors edges to jam it closed. It probably wouldn't keep it closed against heavy force. It's the only idea I have that would let us reopen it later though. Drasven? Any thoughts?"

If the door opens away from us.

Rojava looks the door over. "I have NO idea at all how to keep it closed. At least if we ever want to go through it again. Drasven? Any thoughts?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro rubs the back of her neck, still staring at the door.

"Glue it shut? We'd have to go get something for that though..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Drasven laughs as he considers the question posed towards him.
"Normally, dwarven doors are built to hold back the heaviest of boulders though in this case what we're looking at is something to brace against the door. Did we not pass by such on our exploration here?" he ponders as he himself tries to remember if there's something heavy that they could drag in here to set agains the door.

"It's an irritaing thing that we can't see in this darkness. Mayhaps a spark of brightness from a spell bringing daylight might be useful here. It's a sad thing but I doubt I understand enough of such a spell to request from my guardian."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid snaps his fingers and smiles as an idea hits him.

"Something heavy? That ugly statue! I can probably break it in half with Angela easily enough and with Drasven's help, then we can drag it to the door. Plan?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Whatever we do, we should do it quickly! Gwydd says, the bile from the thought of all the torture rising up in his throat as he speaks.

Blessed Shelyn, please keep us and hold us in this time of darkness. If you could provide us with the light to see by, it would aid us greatly. Gwydd thinks softly, hoping that a prayer carried more weight than he thought it would.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

It opens towards you all.

Karmid begins to strike the statue hitting it so hard you can all feel your teeth rattling inside your heads. After several strike he finally is able to bring it down. It's a heavy sucker too, it takes the Ranger, the Dwarf, and the Paladin to drag it up the hall to the door. None of you would want to contemplate what force could now push that door out!

A voice echoes in the catacomb, "Fools! You have invaded my home and still live, leave while you still have them!"

You cannot identify the direction form which it comes but it does sound human.

Gaven harumphs, "If she is so powerful why does she not seek us out? This foe is on the run and knows it now..."

Do you head down the passage near the now broken statue or return to the door that Windsight and Flutter originally discovered near the entrance of the catacomb?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Let's check the door near the entrance. We agreed to check it later. It's later?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro mostly just stays out of the way with her ears plugged while the statue is being broken up and moved against the door. She figures she's more likely to be in the way and get crushed than she is to be helpful.

"Yeah, I like that idea. The farther away from here the less chance of more magical darkness maybe. Let's go."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Responding to the ominous warning, Drasven laughs. A belly aching one that echoes around them.
"Aye! Suren your warning be true. Ye be staying there while we be sniffing around eh?" his deep voice rumbles forth partially due to his own laughter as he finds it amusing.

Turning to the rest. He shrugs.
"Let's be off then. I be guessing that one be getting desperate."


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

The GodTouched head back to the door that Windsight and Flutter originally found to be locked. This time it is locked no more.

Ro finds that once more this place is simply not trapped and opens the door. Once the door opens torches flair upon the wall illuminating the way. A tunnel that ironically intersects with the area you just vacated several minutes ago leads back to the east.

The tunnel widens here into what appears to have once been a small shrine, for to the northeast, steps lead up to a platform of gray stone. Sitting atop the platform is an ancient altar, little more than a jagged block of black marble with a shallow concavity on top of it.
This basin is filled with what appears to be filthy water.

Knowledge Religion DC 18:
The basin is filled with unholy water. This is the sort of crude shrine that would be used by followers of the Mother of Monsters.

To the southeast looms a set of double doors, there is no other way to go here.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Gozreh forbid! That doesn't look healthy!"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava looks around the room, but is hesitant to touch anything. She has a very bad feeling about the chamber and its contents.

After checking about, she tells the others "I'm almost certain this is a shrine to Lamashtu." She points to the basin. "Unholy water."

"How could all this be right under the town? It must surely be older than Sandpoint, just sitting here the whole time. How could nobody have noticed?" she wonders in a quiet voice, as amazed as she is unsettled.

K Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd recoils in horror, his face twisted. He collapses to one knee, praying fervently. Shelyn, the Mother of Monsters has a shrine here, beneath Sandpoint. Hold us and protect us from this vile wretch. As she seeks to twist you, she seeks to twist all that is good in this world. Grant me your song that I might erase the horrors here.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

It had take Lia some time to process that they were not heading down the stairs at the other door. Mindlessly rushing forward seemed to be a good plan, after all. But then, maybe she had overlooked some detail, and rather followed the others back here.
"I bet you a handmade dinner that you can't break that pool nor that altar with a single swing, Karmid.", Lia suggests cheerfully.


"Do try. If only to prevent Lia from trying to refill her Waterskin when she grows thirsty."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Lia and Flutter's suggestion to Karmid makes Rojava a little panicky.

"Uh, wait. wait. I think maybe it's better to just leave everything in here undisturbed until we can talk to Zantus about it. You know, doing it while avoiding curses, nasty retributions, that kind of stuff."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia cocks her head:"Father Zantus is nice, mostly. But I don't think he's very fond of this kind of heresy?"
Staring intently at the Altar, she continues to mumble, questioningly and absent-mindedly:"Blood for the Blood God? Skulls for the Skull Throne?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"I don't think this is exactly new construction, so I don't think it will hurt to wait a day or two to make sure we're not going to get struck with demon pox or whatever for busting it up."

1,551 to 1,600 of 4,073 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.