DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,930 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral - the Morning the GodTouched Set Out for Thistletop

As the GodTouched enter the Cathedral, Gwydd in his new armor!, Father Zantus and the clergy are present to wish them well, "Your journey is a dangerous but necess..."

Before he can finish his announcement, Vachedi and three Guardsmen enter the Cathedral and rush to Father Zantus who frowns and curses!

"I fear Lia, that your announcement was not entirely accurate. The body in that cell was not that of Tsuto but that of a guardsman. It seems Tsuto is nowhere to be found".


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Yes my skills made me different, but it was the mark of Erastil on my skin that cause me the most problems. Burning things of course didn't help." She takes the dagger from Edgar and tucks it away.

At the Cathedral

I guess that means the doppelganger didn't get him. Which would be worse? Him escaping or someone pretending to be another person?" She looks nervous. "I guess this means we should get going right away?"

She suddenly stands. "Someone should check on Ameiko. He might go after her."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Amazed he didn't think of it himself, Karmid immediately jumps to his feet and echoes Jiliana's statement, however he does it with a giant hammer in his hands!

"Ameiko! We should check on her without delay!"

Worry obviously tinges his voice.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"They must have exchanged the bodies after I left.", Lia responds to Zantus and Vachedi.
It didn't exactly make sense, but Zantus probably knew arguing the point would not do any good.
Turning to Jiliana and Karmid, she responds: "Also, Ameiko went to the militia headquarters after I left. If you want to say condolences to her, too, you should go there."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"The enemy within...." mutters the aged dwarf.
Would they never be able to get rid of that thrice cursed doppleganger?
They were headed to the Goblin stronghold at Thistletop and they still had an enemy that could walk amongst them with complete impunity!

Opting to stay put though the old dwarf turns to Father Zantus.
"Is there no way to find out which of the townsfolk here is who they are?" he begins.
"Any of us here could be suspect because of this creature."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Vachedi's revelation is a surprise twist, but it doesn't increase Ro's anxiety about the doppelganger's presence in town. She couldn't be much more anxious than she already is.

"Yeah, Ameiko needs to know about this now. She might be a target again."


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral - the Morning the GodTouched Set Out for Thistletop

Windsight frowns at the news, "Much as I wish to aid you all, I feel that I would be doing our friend a dis-service if I leave her behind by herself. I'll stay with Ameiko in case Tsuto tries to grab her once more"

Father Zantus looks at Drasven helplessly, "I fear not. While we serve the townspeople we cannot force them to submit to mystical questioning. More than one would refuse, plus doing so will create paranoia among those who tend in that direction.

Vachedi, for now say nothing about Tsuto but keep in place the mandate that everyone must pair up until this crisis is over".

Talene steps forward, "Father Zantus we could offer "magical charms" to those of the town who feel they could use them and through that bring townsfolk here casting detection spells upon them. Then we can at least eliminate those folk who are not a shapechanger".

Father Zantus considers Talene's idea but remains silent, at least in Vachedi's presence as do the rest of the Clergy.

Vachedi nods and turns to your group looking less dour than usual, "Good luck youngins..." He takes his leave of the Cathedral.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"I'm going to check on Ameiko before we leave for Thistletop." Jili picks up her pack heads to the door and waits for anyone else who joins her. She looks back to make sure the others are following, and as they head out the door will move toward the back of the group. Her bravery almost spent.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid gets up so fast he stumbles a little. Then settling his hammer on his shoulder like he meant to do that the whole time, he moves past the red-haired oracle and out the door.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar follows Jiliana back out the cathedral doors. Dead bodies being moved, the hiding of a known fugitive, there was much afoot in the small town of his upbringing. His birthmark was relatively unobtrusive, even while he bore the flame-hair of his patron.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven nods in understanding. Seeing there is nothing else to do, he proceeds to follow the rest out as well while rolling his eyes at Karmid's actions.
Giving Windsight a nod as he leaves, entrusting Ameiko into his hands then.
Younglings. This will be interesting. he thinks.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro goes along with the others to give Ameiko word of what has happened. She remains quiet, keeping her thoughts to herself.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd goes along with everyone else, a little worried that Ameiko could be overwhelmed.

At least if it starts getting bad, maybe some music could help? he thinks as he walks along, keenly aware of the chapping on his thighs.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Sandpoint Garrison

The GodTouched, less Lia who remains at the Cathedral until it is time to set out, head to the Garrison to meet with Ameiko.

When they arrive they are let into the Garrison no questions asked, never where the GodTouched obscure but now with the deeds they have accomplished, they have become something more to the people of the Town, including those who secure the Garrison.

They are shown to Sheriff Hemlock's office where Ameiko is being kept company by Ryn. As the GodTouched enter Ryn grins at Ro, "Just could not bear to be away from me?"

Ameiko, her eyes swollen from crying manages a grin at the comment as well, she scans the faces of the GodTouched, "Where is Lia?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili looks at her feet and shifts back and forth. "She was a afraid you wouldn't want to talk to her after she told you Tsuaro was dead, when he really wasn't. That's good right him not being really, really dead. Just um missing or escaped or whatever." She realizes she's starting to ramble and stops talking and tries to shift behind someone to get away from the center of attention.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven nudges Karmid just a little to shift the big man into being Jiliana's wall.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sense Motive(Unskilled): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

It takes a few moments of Drasven's nudging Karmid painfully...

Dwarven elbows are HARD!

...and Jilana's obvious distaste for being in the spotlight, for Karmid to suddenly speak up and move in front of her as he does so.

"SO! What we are saying is...Um...This is a bad deal all around Ameiko...we're trying hard to stop everything that is going on...Your brother is one of these...I don't know...a threat somehow? I don't know how...but we'll fix this and be back in time for happy hour at the Rusty Dragon some time in the next few days...once we survive killing a bunch of goblins of course. OH! And there's the doppleganger of course. Sorry! So much bad stuff right now..."

With that all said, Karmid turns a little red, looks at the floor, and whispers softly.

"If it helps at all...I can pay up on my bar-tab before I go? If it makes you feel any better. Especially since I might now come back."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro responds to Ryn's quip with a weak smile, but her head is too busy racing through possibilities to think of anything clever to say.

If Tsuto and, presumably, his doppelganger helper fled there's nothing extra to worry about. But if not, how badly and why does Tsuto want Ameiko? Enough to try again? If the raid comes because they're too late to Thistletop or they fail, Ryn should stick close to Ameiko. But if Tsuto is going to try to take Ameiko again, Ryn should stay the hell away from her.

Rojava has no idea what she could tell them they should do. She and the others always seem to be two steps behind, always just outfoxed no matter what they think they've accomplished.

After Jiliana and Karmid explain, Ro figures she needs to add some context in case word hasn't yet made it to Hemlock, or he hasn't told Ameiko yet.

"The body in the cell was a guardsman. He had been made to look like Tsuto with an illusion, magic. Unless Tsuto could do that himself, he had help. The doppelganger seems like the most likely one to be able to get in to him unnoticed. They may have fled town, but maybe not. It's another reason to be careful."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"So if you where a Doppelganger, where would you go?", Lia ponders in her room while staring at Flutter, laying on Kira's bed and having forgotten that she was supposed to pack her belongings. "It's not good that Tsuto left. Now he is in danger again. But don't worry, we will have done our best...just as with Aldern."

Flutter, meanwhile, sits on Lia's bed, on top of the stack of things she already picked out to take with her. He remained silent, and motionless, waiting for Lia to snap back to the here and now.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Sandpoint Garrison

Whatever funk Ameiko was in she seems to suddenly snap out of it, "First things first, Karmid, you are right, I'll take that gold from you straightaway.

Second you are all going to escort me to the Cathedral, I am going to give Lia a piece of my mind!"

Ryn starts to speak quickly to soothe Ameiko but the woman is a force of nature when she wants to be and nothing and no one will stop her.

Mark off appropriate GP Karmid!

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

Ameiko, leads a procession of GodTouched through the streets to the Cathedral like the Pied Piper. Entering with all of you behind her she marches right to Lia's room and opens the door, "How dare you?! How dare you even consider leaving without saying good bye to me! You could be killed by Goblins and I would never see you again, you.. you.. you. Aghhh. How can you think I would blame you for anything? These villains deserve what's coming to them, including Tsuto. Girl, you get him for me". She pulls Lia into a fierce hug.

Kira enters the room a second later, "What did I miss? What did I miss?"

Ryn just holds Ro's hand tight.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Wide eyed, Karmid obviously never suspected he'd have to cough up actual money...

So Karmid hands over his last 18 silver pieces with a small sniffle...and quietly walks outside.

Did we gain any gold/treasure yet? I don't seem to have any listed on my character sheet.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

HA! Karmid you fool!

++++++++++++

Ro peeks down at their hands. She looks sidelong at Rynshinn and in a low voice asks "does this mean I can tell my friends about us?"


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

Very little if any. Let's hope the Goblins have some treasure up in that island hideaway! Remember though, you did find some loot it's just that Sandpoint is so small and you've all been so busy that you have not had a chance to convert any of it into cold hard GP. PLUS room and food are pretty much covered by the Cathedral which receives donations from travelers and townsfolk alike!

Ryn smiles at Ro, and winks back. Then she pulls her over and dips her giving her a long passionate kiss!

Everyone present cannot fail to see that!

"No please don't tell anyone", she laughs and winks again.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

At the kiss, Gwyd breaks out into a large smile. Shelyn will be very happy, very happy indeed. He places his fingers to his lips and gives an appreciative celebratory whistle.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven sighs as he fishes out a gold coin and hands it over.
"Don't be too harsh on the laddie, he was just trying to make you feel better in his own way." he whispers even though he soon finds himself following the whirlwind that is Ameiko as everyone else follows her to see her deliever her own tongue lashing to Lia.

And then Ryn and Ro.
Did everyone forget that they were going to a goblin Stronghold? Or he needed more alcohol.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Shuffling around the city, from temple to jail and back, Edgar wonders why this was particularly necessary. Sure it was nice to speak to locals and keep them happy, but wouldn't the whole thing have been better resolved by their assaulting the goblins? It would happen soon enough, he supposed. The better to have this behind them though, so that their minds could focus on the tasks at hand.

"Does anyone else need anything before we go?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili follows Ameiko back to the Cathedral. We just left here. Oh well. I guess we had to get Lia before we left anyway.

She watches Ryn and Ro embrace. "Did you know they were seeing each other?" she whispers to Karmid. "I thought Ro was your girlfriend."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

That’s the thing about Rynshinn. She comes across so pretty and normal on the surface. It’s hard to imagine she has such dramatic flair. But on those occasions when it comes out, she pulls out all the stops. It still puts Rojava on her heels. Woman with magic sword on her belt yanked around by seamstress.

This is very good.

Good enough to make Ro blush.

"Nope, not a word" Ro gasps.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven fiddles with his belt and backpack.......waiting


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

Lia is just about done packing her things, having aquisitioned goods from elsewhere in the cathedral. She is currently in the process of removing her crossbow and a white linen dress from her backpack to make room for: a wax apple, a broken key, a small sack of flour, a single glove, the disassembled kite, an empty potion vial, and a paperweight in form of a ship.

Just then, Ameiko bursts in and hugs Lia...who at first seems confused, then returns the hug:"But...you came to say goodbye? How could I leave without saying farewell if you're here?", Lia genuinely does not understand, then holds Ameiko's hands in her own once the hug ends:"I won't be killed by Goblins. Probably. I...was wrong about your brother. I saw him dead, and in most cases he was. But he's not. I used to see things so clear, like a mountain pond at night...and now it's foggy, and things change all the time and it's confusing and he is alive. It's so hard to focus now. Whatever it is we are dealing with, the scope of the big picture is much larger and I'm afraid."
Lia looks over at the others who came along:"Some of us will die. I...know, but I don't know who." Lia looks desparate as she says that.

Sense Motive 20:
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 AND Lia is avoiding looking at Rojava.

"This is only the start, and I can't see anything because so many lifes are entangled. But I will do my best to get him for you, Ameiko.", she hugs Ameiko quickly once more before looking toards the door.

Just then, Kira comes rushing in, and Lia answers her:"You missed nothing...yet. But you will. Because this is yours now. I have no place in my pack for it.", Lia hands over her crossbow to Kira, "...and I'll miss you while we're away. Don't let them put anybody else in our room, I promise I'll come back probably, and I want my best friend and most awesome roommate I ever had back then."


Flutter sits on Lia's shoulder, silently, as if lost in deep concentration.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro's attention is elsewhere and she notices nothing odd concerning Lia.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid waits outside the Cathedral, waiting on his friends to begin the journey to the goblin lair. The map of the journey he will lead the other on already growing in his mind...wait...lead?

Yes they need to do THAT...sooner than later.

Again, he waits for the others to leave, a staggering question on his lips now.

"Who will lead us..."

Setting his hammer down then leaning on the handle un-dramatically, Karmid already knows whom he will advocate for the job.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Jili takes Lia's words at face value and looks worried. I don't know how to take her. She's very different. Maybe ever more different than I am.

"Are we ready? The day is wasting, and we now need to locate Tsuaro as well."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Drasven doesn't sense anything else odd but perhaps despite his own misgivings, he's just as eagar to go as everyone else.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Cathedral

Smiles and wet eyes accompany the GodTouched as they leave the village of Sandpoint for the unknown of Thistletop.

With Windsight staying behind the group will need [i]someone[/i to lead them through the wilderness, the thought on everyone's mind stays on the tips of their tongues until they reach the Lost Coast Road and the gates of the city are far behind.

The GodTouched reach the Thistle River crossing relatively quickly—it’s only a 6-mile journey after all - and it's not even lunchtime as they cross. From here, it gets tougher. The woods appear to be an impossible impediment to the task before them.

Knowledge Local DC 13:
Thistletop is located on the Varisian coast—approaching by land is difficult since the tangles of Nettlewood are in the way.

If any of you succeed at the check above, Survival DC 12 otherwise it is a Survival check DC 14. Obviously, the higher the check, the more direct and safe the path chosen will be!

---

Last update before my break, see you in September!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

While traveling the road Rojava sinks back into the withdrawn mood she had been in earlier that morning.

On the road at the edge of the Nettlewood she stops the others.

"This is where the going gets rough. Before we go any farther, I have a prayer to you all. I'd like to sing it now, in case there isn't a chance later. Can we all join hands?"

When everyone is in the circle, hands clasped with each other, Ro sings. She is not so loud to announce their presence to the area, just enough so all gathered on the spot can hear her clearly.

The Godtouched:*:

I've nothing much to offer
There's nothing much to take
I'm an absolute beginner
But I'm absolutely sane
As long as we're together
The rest can go to hell
I absolutely love you
But we're absolute beginners
With eyes completely open
But nervous all the same

If our love song
Could fly over mountains
Could laugh at the ocean
Just like the tales
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true!

Anything could happen
But nothing we can't shake
Oh, we're absolute beginners
With so very much at stake
As long as you're still smiling
There's nothing more I need
I absolutely love you
But we're absolute beginners
But if my love is your love
We're certain to succeed!

If our love song
Could fly over mountains
Sail over heartaches
Just like the tales
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true!

*In Memoriam: David Bowie (1947 - 2016)

At the end, as Ro looks around at the others, she says. "Be careful everyone. Don't do anything crazy, or take risks you don't need to. Let's all stay together in there and watch out for each other. And then let's all go home together when it's done."

K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Know Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

It's a difficult approach by land because of the Nettlewood. Anyone have a boat?" Jili asks almost in jest.

She takes the hands of her companions and listens to the song. "That was beautiful. We can do this. I'm sure."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
"Can we swim, maybe?", Lia suggests, with Flutter answering her:"It's too far to swim, Lia. But what about walking along the coast? While there's low tide?", he turns to those more knowledgeable.

Flutter KN Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Flutter KN Geography: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Edgar remains painfully oblivious to the emotions and goings-on with the remainder of his team, waiting for the conversation regarding travel to hopefully feel useful.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"I think I know of a way to get us there, with a minimum of tromping through sand, muck, or otherwise making a difficult time of it," Edgar provides, glad to be of some usefulness.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

You can add my favored terrain bonus too, as long as we're sticking to the woods!

"Nobody worry. I can get us there. The travel will not be easy, but it IS possible. I've walked these woods too many years to be slowed by thorns and thistles."

Looking worried as they all walked, Karmid begins to sound worried.

"You all know we need to decide who leads our little group, correct? In combat, back in the tunnels? We were too disorganized. We could have dealt with that doppleganger much better, if we were of one mind. So I think we need a leader to make the tough calls. Force us all to work for the greater good here when things get hot and bloody."

Looking a little sad, Karmid continues.

"I nominate Rojava. She has the calmest head I know, and would lead us to the Hells and back if she had to do so. So that's...all I have to say about it."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:


"I nominate Rojava. She has the calmest head I know, and would lead us to the Hells and back if she had to do so. So that's...all I have to say about it."

Ro waits for the punchline, and when one doesn't come she's mystified. She doesn't recognize the person Karmid is describing.

I was terrified the whole time down there, barely kept from wetting myself. At least it seems he didn't notice.

Ro tries not to sound horrified when she responds. "Thanks Karmid, really. But that's not... It's not me. I can't manage laundry. If we're going to choose a leader, I think Gwydd is best. He's smart, good at figuring things out, organized. He could do it."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid shakes his head to disagree.

"He's a pacifist at heart. Lead us in song? Lead us in prayer? Lead us in a diplomatic mission? Absolutely! But Gwyyd isn't a fighter. Sure he's smart, but...I don't think he could make the tough calls when we need it. You CAN Ro."

Turning to the man he's speaking about he points a casual finger.

"Gwydd? What do you say? I mean no offense, but who would you pick to lead us in battle? I'm too hot-headed. I know this! It's a fact: I can smash things OR lead. Not both. Drasven is sturdy, but too stubborn to lead. Lia is...Lia? I don't know a lot about the newcomers much... but I do know Ro can lead us."

At this point Karmid wipes some sweat from his brow with his free hand, the morning heat just enough to be pleasant but not yet uncomfortable.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I think Karina would make a good leader! She's a holy warrior and stuff, right?", Lia excitedly suggests.


"Alas, she left us when her mark vanished, and her absence kind of disqualifies her as a potential leader, wouldn't you agree?", Flutter calmly explains to Lia, then sits down on Angela:"We second Karmids nomination. You have a way with people, Rojava, and that is more important for a leader than skill at arms, or book knowledge, or, for that matter, magical ability of divine or arcane nature. The leader is the centerpiece of a group, someone that needs to represent it, and make decisions based on their understanding of the individuals they lead. Karmid, for example, would have us all rush in and start smashing things, while Gwydd would be reluctant to call for violence when it is necessary. Among those assembled, you seem the best choice."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia was thinking hard, counting through the people using her fingers:
Random: 1d7 ⇒ 1 "Oh, I can lead us! I am here? At least most of the time I am. That works, right?"


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"I do not know you all very well yet so I will defer to your decision for now. You know each other better than I do. Karmid and Flutter make good arguments." She nods at Lia to acknowledge her comment, and waits to see what the others say.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"The Decision is made. Let us move on." Drasven speaks to end the discussion not wanting to be bogged down on who leads.

"I do not know any of you well enough to lead nor am I inclined to do so as I'm inexperienced as it is spending more time with ledgers then monsters." giving Rojava an approving nod.

"Likewise a leader must be known and liked to even have a chance to lead."


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar generally keeps himself out of the discussion of leaders. Much though he might think himself a fair choice for leader, he isn't nearly charismatic enough of a talker when he doesn't employ his gift, and even with it he's fair to middling at best. He's a decent military strategist, a cunning mind to be sure, but he supposed that in the military, where you don't have to rouse support but only give orders, that sort of thing works far better. What had been a rather serious expression breaks into a milder one, as he realizes that not every time he is passed over it is an insult to his character or person. Sometimes there really is just someone better suited for a particular job.

"It appears that consensus has been reached. Were we not busy, I would say this called for a celebration."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

While I've never desired to raise my own hands in violence, I have no issue with the rest of you, clearly. I'll even empower you as I can. And for certain diplomatic things, I could certainly hold my own as a leader. But in the thick of things, you wouldn't want me at the fore. I promise you that. I think Ro, as much as you say it isn't you, it absolutely is you. You're as quick to think as I could ever hope to be and can keep a cool head when needed. I'll support you, always. You know this. Gwydd says after a few moments of quiet thought where he was abnormally still.

I would follow either of you into the middle of a melee Karmid, you or Ro, without reservation or hesitation. But to lead us and keep an even hand all around? Ro. Without a doubt.

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,930 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.